Asparagus and Potato Salad

Oh, long weekend, we will miss you dearly!

IMG_6265

It rained yesterday on and off but we still managed to get some work done outside. Eric finished installing the railing posts and he started the fascia boards along the edge. It gives a lovely polished effect!

IMG_6289-2

Meanwhile, I tended to the garden beds while the worms tended to my soil. ;)

IMG_6280

We also put together my new compost bin that was a birthday gift from my in-laws.

IMG_6270

She’s a beauty, isn’t she? I believe my transition into a tree-huggin, hippy, vegan is now complete. ;)

IMG_6287

A compost bin can cut your waste by over 25%, according to the manual. I would guess that our compost is at least 50% of our ‘waste’…vegans go through a lot of compost materials in a week! Our area has a separate compost collection in addition to blue bin and garbage pick-up, but I’d rather use it for the garden anyday.

Thankfully, the rain stopped and the sun came out just in time for the BBQ. While Eric worked his magic, I prepared a lovely asparagus and potato salad.

IMG_6222

I adapted the recipe from a pamphlet by Foodland Ontario. I picked it up when I bought the local asparagus and I had my eye on the recipe all weekend long!

The directions said to steam the potatoes and asparagus, but I decided to roast the potatoes in a bit of olive oil, salt, minced garlic, and pepper. They are just fantastic prepared this way and their flavour really pops.

IMG_6188

Meanwhile, I made the dressing and I was able to cut down the oil by 80% with a few minor adjustments.

IMG_6190

I used some fresh chives from the garden…along with fresh dill, green onion, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, etc. The dressing has a great kick to it!

IMG_6185

I also sautéed the asparagus in a little olive oil and Herbamare just before the potatoes were finished baking.

IMG_6189

Then, all you do is mix everything together and you have yourself a delicious warm asparagus and potato salad to enjoy with a BBQ.

IMG_6191

We also debated grilling the potatoes and asparagus on the BBQ, but we ran out of space because our BBQ is small and has a flame coming through on one side….don’t ask. Our friend gave it to us for free. ;)

The burgers:

IMG_6195

These Amy’s burgers are good, but they are their best when grilled on the BBQ. They are an ‘omnivore-friendly’ veggie burger and everyone always seems to enjoy them. Sometimes Eric also BBQ’s beef or chicken, but he was out and the stores were closed for the holiday.

IMG_6227

My first shot…

IMG_6210

(notice all the empty space in the photo)

My last shot…

IMG_6224

(space is filled in the background)

The potato salad was divine. This was my first vegan potato salad and I was really impressed. Normally, I’m not a big potato salad fan, but this recipe changed my mind. Probably because it wasn’t drenched in mayonnaise and served cold. :)

If you are looking for a fun & delicious warm potato salad I definitely recommend this one.

IMG_6201

IMG_6205

Off to tackle the work week. Happy Tuesday!

1 OSGMOM May 24, 2011

Putting this on my dining request too for my upcoming visit. Looks so delicious!

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

Your list is getting long! haha ;)

3 OSGMOM May 24, 2011

Ha Ha — it’s because you make everything look so tempting!

4 Katie May 24, 2011

My mom leaves these kinds of coments on my blog too. It makes me giggle to see she’s not alone!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

6 kaila @ healthy helper! May 24, 2011

I love that your mom reads and comments on your blog! SO sweet! And the recipe looks fab btw! I’ve made something similar but with sweet taters!

7 marla {family fresh cooking} May 24, 2011

Angela, loving this vegan potato salad!! Beautiful clicks too :) xo

8 Jackie @ Baking Charms May 24, 2011

This meal would be perfect for Memorial Day weekend here in the states!

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 24, 2011

Ooh I love the sound of the dressing – super flavourful! I’m glad you got your compost bin for your birthday. She IS a beauty indeed! ;) Have a fabulous day Ange!

10 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh May 24, 2011

THe salad reminds me of summer :) And I love that you can use herbs from your garden! That is SO nice, because u can throw them in anything and add flavor to all your dishes!

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

I agree, its great!

12 Faith @ lovelyascharged May 24, 2011

I definitely dont care for potato salad either because of the mayo (and I’ve never had a desire to try veganaise), but I love the idea of this! I made an avocado and dill cream sauce for a potato salad a bit ago and it was fantastic – anything to ditch the mayo!

13 Lisa Fine May 24, 2011

Great idea to roast the potatoes first. I’m thinking it would be delicious to grill potatoes on a barbecue before making a potato salad, as an adaptation.

Your garden is coming along well! Isn’t it wonderful to have fresh herbs to choose from? I have a ton of oregano in the garden now, so I’m thinking that an experiment with oregano pesto is on the menu today. :) Happy Tuesday!

14 Julie @ Shining From Within May 24, 2011

I have been looking for a potato salad recipe! This one looks very versatile, too. I love cold taters so I’ll probably use some red baby bliss ones + other random veg. yummmerzzz

15 Laura@mypurposefullife May 24, 2011

This recipe looks so good! I am going home this weekend for my sister’s graduation and was asked to make some salads for the after-party. Now I definitely know one that I’ll be making ;) I have really enjoyed every recipe of yours that I’ve made-thanks!

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

Thanks Laura :) Enjoy!

17 Danielle N May 24, 2011

Jackie had a great idea – I’m going to a Memorial Day party this weekend and I’ll probably make this to bring with me. Thanks!

18 kate May 24, 2011

this salad looks delicious I love warm salads

19 Yolanda May 24, 2011

I was curious about your opinion of using sweet potaotes instead of Russet/white potatoes. I no longer to “white” ingredients due to health reasons. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Yolanda

20 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 24, 2011

This might be the potato salad to end my potato salad aversion! I can’t stand the cold, thick, mayo based ones either.

21 jenna May 24, 2011

:) can i have a dining list too for when i come to visit you? lol osg mom is right everything looks so freakin good!!
I love warm potato salads! they are so good and perfect for summer. I”m going to have to try bbqing amy’s burgers, i bet they are so good that way.

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

haha sure why not ;)

23 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 24, 2011

I may be the only person in America who doesn’t like potatoes… but this looks so appetizing! Do you think it would work with daikon radish or sunchokes?

24 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

Not sure! Im sure you could Whip up something wonderful!

25 LizAshlee May 24, 2011

Can’t say that I would ever choose a “typical” sweet potato salad, but as always with your beautiful photos and delicious recipes, you may have changed my outlook. The veggie burgers look divine too! Do you have a veggie burger recipe that you would say has a comparable taste? I am a veggie burger lover!

Have a great day!

Liz

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

I love the chickpea burgers on my recipe page, but I havent made them in a long time!

27 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 24, 2011

“I believe my transition into a tree-huggin, hippy, vegan is now complete”–

No, it’s not. You would need to move to either So Cal by me or the Bay Area. Then, it would be complete :)

I dont love potato salad either…I do love mayo so that’s not it, but something about refrigerated, cold potatoes is just not my thing but now WARM tater salad, now we’re talking. And with asparagus. Which is my fave veggie in the spring/summer…mmmm, good!

And thanks for the review on those Amy’s AND for the photography evolution shots. What you added/removed. I love those types of shots and info :)

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

haha you are so right…and I could eat at vegan restaurants and cafes every week too. ;)

29 cathy May 24, 2011

long weekends DO go so fast!
you will really notice a difference with your composter! our condo building added in this option this winter, and i can’t believe how long i can now go before filling the garbage bag. do enjoy! i love that your inlaws gave you a present that is “so you,” and not what THEY wanted you to want (if that makes sense!).

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

Yes they do!
My MIL is a huge fan of composting so I think she was proud when she found out I wanted one…heh

31 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats May 24, 2011

Wow that salad looks divine! I also hate potato salads due to the mayonnaise in them. I will definitely be trying out this one sometime this summer!

I’m curious to learn more about composts. Is there any reason to have one if you don’t have a garden?

32 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

You can use the soil for flowers beds and also for the lawn (filling in patches, etc). Other than that, im not sure, but im sure there are other uses!

33 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 24, 2011

The salad looks delicious Angela! And I love that you used some Herbamate — they had that ingredient on a cooking challenge show a few weeks ago and the chefs were stumped on what to do with it!

34 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg May 24, 2011

Potato salad is one of my all-time favorite summer dishes! I love the addition of asparagus here– great for summer OR spring!!

35 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans May 24, 2011

I really like the idea of composting. I think its a great way to deal with some unavoidable waste and give back to the Earth.

36 Sarah May 24, 2011

I am always eating asparagus and eat them the same way almost everytime. This looks like a great way to change it up! I ate turkey burgers last night and use whole wheat english muffins as well! That’s the best way I think :)

37 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

It was our first time having english muffins (the eziekel ones) and Eric preferred them to regular buns. They were quite fun!

38 Amber K May 24, 2011

I love pretty much anything potato related, and this looks right up my alley! I love how you can take something delicious and make it look even more mouthwatering!

39 Ashley May 24, 2011

I’m hoping to at least start a compost this summer!! I love that you roasted the potatoes. Definitely the way to go. Looks fab!

40 The Healthy Hipster May 24, 2011

How lucky are we here in Ontario that BBQ season and Asparagus season start at just the same time. Funny how that happens… :)

41 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious May 24, 2011

This salad looks amazing!! I don’t like the mayo-drenched salads either, so this is an awesome looking variation. I’m pretty much a fan of anything with asparagus; I just might give this a try tonight.

42 Lana May 24, 2011

…now that looks like my kind of potato salad!!! I’m going to have to remember this for my family BBQ. We are from Texas, so they will enjoy their beef and I’ll bring the potato salad! lol.
p.s. I love Amy’s Texas burgers (and not just cause they say Texas;)

43 Kamaile May 24, 2011

This looks so good. I thought of you when I saw this recipe today. I’m going to have to try both!

44 Lauren May 24, 2011

I just received a bunch of potatoes in my CSA box and was wondering what to do with them. Now I know! I wonder if it would still taste good eaten cold as leftovers the next day?

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

I tried it cold today and it wasnt as good as warm, but it was still yummy!

46 Tiina McKay May 25, 2011

Delicious! Already had all the ingredients that needed to be used up IMMEDIATELY so this was the perfect thing to make. And it was SO good :) I do have leftovers so maybe I’ll try to warm them up a bit tomorrow before indulging….

47 Grace @ Healthy Dreaming May 24, 2011

Food looks delicious!

I have a certain landscaping project in the coming months and I’m totally overwhelmed. I need to go invest in a few books. The deck looks gorgeous!

48 Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen May 24, 2011

This looks so good!

49 JL goes Vegan May 24, 2011

Great twist to a potato salad. I still haven’t decided what I’m making for Memorial Day Weekend — this just moved to the top of the list!

50 Katie May 24, 2011

I have that same compost bin. I highly recommend making sure to add the browns. Big produce eaters tend to have a compost with way more greens (carbon, aka food scraps) than browns (nitrogen aka lawn clippings, etc.). There needs to be a balance for the compost to work.

Good luck!

51 Laura @ Starting Out Fit May 24, 2011

This salad looks fantastic! I think it’s going on the meal plan for an upcoming weekend bbq!

You and your new compost bin are making me actually want to use the one that’s been sitting in my back garden ever since I moved in …. 5 years ago! ;)

52 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 24, 2011

That burger looks super yummy! And I love roasted potatoes! Any roasted veggie is awesome :D

53 Emily May 24, 2011

That worm is huge!

The potato salad and burgers look awesome. What a great summertime meal!

54 Ricki May 24, 2011

I happened to pick up a bunch of asparagus over the weekend and wasn’t sure what to do with it–I think I’ve just found what! I love warm potato salads and this one sounds fabulous. :) Glad you had a good long weekend!

55 Alexis May 24, 2011

Yum that salad looks delicious! I love roasted potatoes!

56 Heather (heathers dish) May 24, 2011

Sounds delicious! I bet the creaminess of the potato is perfect with the asparagus !

57 Felicia (Natural + Balanced) May 24, 2011

yum! just posted a garden update and realized we have a LOT of potatoes growing :) this dish will come in handy then!

58 Ashley May 24, 2011

I am making this tonight! I’m a fan of potato salad, but I also am not a fan of it being so full of mayo and cold:( But this looks amazing!

59 Katherine: Unemployed May 24, 2011

Do you put worms in your raised gardens and compostings intentionally? they gross me out (I’m 3 years old still)

60 Christina @ The Athletarian May 24, 2011

This looks amazing!!! I just learned to love asparagus and this looks like an awesome way to eat it with my most favourite food: potatoes! Definitely on my list of recipes to try and I think I will take it to my next potluck! Thanks for always posting the best recipes and such drool-worthy photos!

61 Jacquelynn May 24, 2011

That recipe will be perfect to make for this weekend… My birthday is Sunday and I am making some vegan dishes for the non-vegans in my family. I think they will enjoy this dish, thanks for another great idea!

62 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh May 24, 2011

I’m so jealous of the composting bin! We are in a condo and they don’t take kindly to that but boy once we’re in a “house house” I’m jumping on the bandwagon! That recipe looks awesome! Love asparagus!

63 birdie to be May 24, 2011

That salad looks fantastic! What a great alternative to regular potato salad… which is (most of the time) awful! I love your recipes

64 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 24, 2011

This sounds awesome!! I love potatoe salads!

I learned a great potoatoe salad dressing that’s so easy! It was just soaked cashews, water, salt and seasonsings. I used dill and it’s fantastic!! Thanks for the reminder!!

65 Moni'sMeals May 24, 2011

How original and fresh does this salad look! Nice work on a fresh Spring meal. :)

66 Namaste Gurl May 24, 2011

Mmmm, definitely bookmarking this for future summer BBQs :) Which i’m sure will come fast as summer is quickly approaching! I’m sure it’d be delicious as a whole meal with the addition of crumbled tempeh or tofu :)

67 Mel May 24, 2011

This is the ultimate of eating season. I can not wait to try this. My neighbour just gave me some of his homemade Asparagus and I have local grown jersey baby potatoes.Yum

68 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) May 24, 2011

My parents own that same composter! It looks like something from star trek heeheheh.

69 laura May 24, 2011

Your potato salad looks so fresh and healthy!

70 Kathryn May 24, 2011

Yay, you are a real hippy vegan now complete with a yoga practice and a compost bin!!!! Wooo! I have a little countertop compost bin I bough at my co-op (how hippy is that?), but I know they have them online. They are really helpful for putting scraps in so you don’t have to run to the compost bin after every meal (although in the beginning I really loved to do that! Not so much in the winter though). I also just found out you can put dryer lint into the compost as a dry material. How cool!?!?

71 Beth May 24, 2011

I don’t like cold potato salad either, but anything with roasted potatoes and I’m in. Yay for composting!

72 Ellie@fitforthesoul May 24, 2011

I LOVE potato salads!! especially these kinds, with bunches of herbs and mustard :)

73 Nichole (Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion) May 24, 2011

I just purchased a composting tumbler and I have to admit I love saving all my compost materials and adding it to the compost – I really feel like I am doing my part :)

74 Katherine May 24, 2011

I bet that would be amazing with sweet potatoes!

75 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn May 24, 2011

Ahhh this sounds so good!!! I would love to grill some asparagus for this:) I hope you enjoyed your long weekend, mine is just beginning! :)

76 Kristin May 24, 2011

I have a daughter who lives on the Amy’s Texas burgers. We will be trying them on the grill along with today’s salad. :)

77 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit May 24, 2011

After Ryan built our compost bin we went from a “normal” amount of household waste (perhaps about 2 kitchen bags per week) to 1 bag every 2-3 weeks!!! LOVE the compost almost as much as the garden and bears do… ha!!!

78 Baking 'n' Books May 24, 2011

I was wondering if those burgers were good. I’ve tried the “Le Sol” Original brand and really like those. They are better grilled or sauteed though I agree.

79 Baking Serendipity May 24, 2011

Potato salad is one of my favorite summer foods :) I love that you’ve lightened yours up and thrown in veggies…yum!

80 megan @ the oatmeal diaries May 24, 2011

What a perfect dinner! And you are such an amazing food photographer; I always look forward to seeing the photos here :)

81 Nichole May 24, 2011

Mmmmm…I’ve been all about the asparagus lately too. I can’t get enough! Also, I remember last year you were all about the garlic scapes. Have you tried green garlic/garlic greens yet? Amazing!

82 Nichole May 24, 2011

Ooooh..and one other thing. If you don’t already have one, you might want to pick up a kitchen compost crock to accumulate all your food scraps and such. It’s so helpful–right from the cutting board to the crock to the compost bin.

I have one like this:http://www.gardeners.com/Kitchen-Compost-Crock/13006,default,pd.html

83 Roz May 24, 2011

Great looking recipe. Love that the oil is cut down so much! Thanks!!!!

84 Melanie May 24, 2011

If i wasn’t married to my meat eating husband (blah!) i would propose to you!! You are so amazing!! everything you make is soooooo yummy!! thanks so much for sharing your life and recipes with us <3 oh and i cant wait to try this recipe ;)

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

haha ;)

86 Pure2raw twins May 24, 2011

salad looks delicious!! and congrats on the composting bin, that is something I have always wanted…haha, wait that doesn’t really sound good

87 Meghan May 24, 2011

Hi there! I love your blog, it’s so inspiring! I am in college and I am have been yoyo dieting for almost half my life. I am a typical meat eater, but I have really wanted to cut that out of my diet. I want to go vegan, and I have found so many great products that I LOVE (such as gardien) but I am having major issues trying to find a vegan yogurt option here in Canada! All I have found is soyo and it tastes awul! I was wondering if you have any suggestion for yogurt, because I do love yogurt, and I would hate to have to give it up! Sorry for the long comment, I just didn’t know where else I could write this! Thank you for all the great recipes! They help out so much! Good luck in your future!:)

88 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2011

I havent found one I like yet either!

89 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 24, 2011

I’ve never been a big potato salad fan either, but this recipe may change my mind! There’s nothing like fresh herbs straight from the garden. :D

I love that our area has a green bin. It’s great to see so much waste being diverted from the landfills, since so many people are too lazy to keep a compost of their own.

90 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} May 24, 2011

What a delicious looking salad! I have some fresh chives that I wasn’t sure what to do with, so this might be my answer. :-)

91 salah@myhealthiestlifestyle May 24, 2011

another lovely salad! GOt this one bookmarked!

92 Kristin May 24, 2011

This looks amazing – I’ve never liked regular potato salad (mayonnaise triggers my gag reflex – always has – blech!!), but this sounds right up my alley!
PS can’t wait for your (new recipe!) granola!! :)

93 Annie@stronghealthyfit May 24, 2011

I have the same compost bin! I grew up composting so it was already a habit for me when I grew up and moved out on my own. My husband and I only take out our trash every 2 weeks because so much of our waste is simply composted! Love it.
Your salad looks soooo delicious.

94 Lu @ A Mix of it All May 24, 2011

Potato deliciousness!!! I have been wanting to get a compost bin. It’s a must now that I’m shopping at the farmer’s market more.

95 Megan@eatmybeets May 24, 2011

Everything looks so beautiful as usual! i’m currently perusing your recipes to get some inspiration for tomorrow. Wish me luck! haha

96 Angel7 May 24, 2011

I am not a fan of potato salad or macaroni salad. But I like your version! Your recipe has a different twist to it than your average potato or macaroni salad. Plus, I like asparagus!

97 Madelein May 24, 2011

Thank you! This is right up my alley.

98 Lisa (bakebikeblog) May 24, 2011

oooh this looks and sounds wonderful!

99 Ulya May 25, 2011

I really love potato salad and this recipe looks amazing. I gotta try it asap! Thanks for posting!

100 Erinn May 25, 2011

What a fantastic recipe!! I made this for dinner last night and it was GREAT!!!!!

101 Molly @ RDexposed May 25, 2011

You just took my breath away…

102 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 25, 2011

Those burgers are good, aren’t they? You are going to LOVE your compost. I miss mine like crazy.

103 Richelle May 25, 2011

That potato salad looks great!

104 Julie May 25, 2011

We made your delicious potato and asparagus salad last night. Thank you so much. What a great way to start the picnic season. I imagine we will make it a lot this summer and might try it with other greens like beans and broccolli once the asparagus is gone locally. Thanks.

105 Rachael May 25, 2011

Made this salad last night – but substituted sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes! So yummy! Love the dressing :)

106 Sylvia May 25, 2011

Hi! Just found your blog and I LOVE it! I live in southern Ontario as well so I love that I always know what you’re talking about and have access to the same resources. I stumbled across your site when google brought up the post you made in regards to Raw Aura… love that place!

So far I’ve tried your cookie dough blizzard, mac and cheese, oat parfait, parsnip fries, pesto and roast veg pizza and tonight I plan on the echiladas! ALL… read… ALLLLLL of them were so freaking fabulous I just had to let you know what I thought! Hands down impressed! Thanks for keeping my pregnant tummy happy and full of nutritious goodies, Im 25 weeks today! Yay!

Thanks again!

107 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2011

Thank you! Congrats on your pregnancy!!

108 Beth May 25, 2011

Congrats on the compost!
We also have city green bin pick up, but I would rather it go back into our gardens too. As we aren’t vegan, the city gets all the meat scraps and bones. Our compost gets all the “good stuff”.

109 Lacia May 25, 2011

Just made this. YUMMY! I think I can seriously eat the whole bowl!

110 Angela Bonnell May 25, 2011

Made this tonight, it’s even better than it looks. I steamed the potatoes instead of roasting and it was awesome, they soak up all of the dressing. DELICIOUS:) BTW I love your blog, I’ve made a lot of your recipes and they are all delicious, especially the overnight oats!

111 Ann Choe May 26, 2011

hello hello. I made this last night with PURPLE asparagus and it was YUMMMM.

112 Ami May 26, 2011

OK, so I normally just lurk around your site… reading it everyday as it pops up in my inbox…. BUT last night I made this asparagus and potato salad and it was seriously the best potato salad I have ever had. I had to comment!!!

Like the reader above, I also live in southern Ontario and LOVE your blog because you often refer to products and places I can actually get/visit! Also, I have had great luck with all the recipes I have tried.

Just wanted to de-lurk and let you know what a fantastic job you are doing :)

113 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 26, 2011

thanks so much! :)

114 The Iowa Farmer's Wife May 27, 2011

YUM! This sounds amazing! I wish we still had asparagus in our garden! Would love for you to link this up to my Vegetarian Recipes Blog Hop today to celebrate National Vegetarian Week! :)

115 Lindsey May 30, 2011

Tried this recipe last tonight – it was fantastic and that is from a person who doesn’t typically love potatoes! But with this recipe and your salt and vinegar chips I have started to like them more and more. I servied it with almond curry tilapia!

116 Mandy May 30, 2011

I made the potato salad for a Memorial Day barbeque today and it was a HUGE hit!! Everyone loved it! Thanks so much for sharing and I love your blog!

117 T May 31, 2011

I have 2 of those compost bins! Our city sells them at a reduced rate for $35. We bought 2 so that when the first one fills up we can use the 2nd one while the first one is decomposing. Now, if you have eavestroughing, you need to get yourself a rain barrel! We have the “Fiskars Salsa Rain Barrel” from Canadian Tire. It’s neat because it attaches directly to your eavestrough, the water will fill the barrel, once the barrel is full the water will just pour down the evestrough again. The attachment has a filter to catch leaves and stuff. You’ll have to look it up on the Fiskars website!

118 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 31, 2011

Thank you! I am debating getting another compost too….I go thru so much. Our city also sells at a reduced rate . :)

119 NIcole May 31, 2011

Yummy!!! This salad was absolutely delicious!!!!!

120 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 31, 2011

Glad u liked it!

121 April June 1, 2011

This is fantastic- just made it for supper but I used red skin potatoes. Incredible, I will definitely be making it again!

122 Holly June 1, 2011

Made this tonight and it is so yum! I used white potatoes cause they were on sale this week. I will definitely make this again. Adding it to my list of dishes that will please even non-vegans.

123 Amber June 3, 2011

I made this salad last night and loved everything about it! It’s like spring in a bowl :-) Thanks

124 Valarie June 5, 2011

I am eating this as I type…Oh YUM!!! Together with the Cilantro and Chick Pea Salad, I have leftovers for lunch.

125 Cari June 6, 2011

I made this recipe at my son’s 1st birthday party this weekend. It was a big hit! Love your blog and your recipes!

126 Michelle @ Taste As You Go June 7, 2011

I’m typically picky about my potato salad and will only eat mayonnaise-based salads that I prepare myself (i.e. my mother’s recipe). I love the idea of skipping the mayonnaise altogether and dressing the vegetables with something much lighter. And the addition of asparagus? Delicious!

127 Carla May 12, 2012

Love this salad! Served it on a bed of organic arugula from the farmers market.

128 Ruth June 3, 2012

I made this for lunch today and wish I could express in words my husband’s enthusiasm for this dish. It was so very, very tasty! I didn’t have dill and didn’t add sweetener to the dressing, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Definitely a keeper!

129 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2012

That’s great Ruth, thanks for the feedback!

130 Karen June 26, 2012

Made it this weekend while at my inlaws in Prince Edward County and they devoured it!!
Thanks so much!!!!

131 Brooke July 14, 2012

Angela, this recipe is to die for! My husband and I made it the other night and loved it! We could have eaten the sauce all by itself! Thank you for an amazing recipe that we can serve with our veggie burgers :-D

PS – We don’t eat McDonald’s Big Macs anymore as we have been vegan for 2 years but the sauce in this recipe reminds us of the sauce that was on the Big Macs! So crazy!

132 Radhika Sarohia September 19, 2012

This looks good

133 Jenn April 1, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful recipe! I brought this to an omni-Easter dinner and it was a huge hit. I added chickpeas (inspired by a similar recipe from Susan Voisin @ Fat Free Vegan Kitchen). I wasn’t sure if there would be any other plant-based dishes at dinner, so I chose this recipe to ensure I had something substantial to eat (plus the asparagus and fresh herbs made it feel ‘spring-y’). Delish :) I have a little leftover and can’t wait to see how it is cold!

134 mel August 12, 2014

Awe.Some! I made the recipe from the cookbook last night. It’s scorching summertime in South Texas, and I can’t stand to turn on the oven and heat up the house. I roasted the potatoes in a skillet, then added the asparagus and roasted some more. Time was about the same as oven time. I used 1 t. dried dill because I my fresh dill went bad on me. I could drink the dressing! There’s no garlic or mustard in the cookbook version. We think we’ll try adding it next time for a little extra bite. The salad was really good warm last night and cold tonight. This is a great make ahead dish.

135 Elaine November 21, 2014

I made the version of this salad in Angela’s cookbook. It is DELICIOUS!!! Such a variety of texture and flavor. It tasted like a gourmet potato salad you would find in a fine restaurant. Thank you Angela.