BIG THANKS to those of you who have already donated some items/services for Shop 4 A Cause 2! I am constantly blown away by your generosity. Amazing. I have a feeling this auction is going to be awesome! I am going to put together my big gift bag tonight. I’m sure I have some books, clothing, nicknacks, etc that can go to a good home! :biggrin: This is going to be fun! I had such a blast doing it last year and I know this year will be the same.
But for now, back to my chocolate cliffhanger.
Last night, we were both craving CHOCOLATE like Willy Wonka and I dreamed up these easy chocolate-covered raisins for dessert. When the birthday belly speaks, I shall listen.
When I was little, I used to be obsessed with Glosette Raisins! You know, in the purple box?
So glossy. So chocolaty.
Raisins + chocolate is a magical mixture. A match so divine, I had to ask myself why I have never made any before.
3 Ingredient Homemade Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use organic because it tastes so much better!)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (it really thins out the chocolate and makes it easy to coat)
- Approx 1.5 cups raisins
Directions: Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium sized bowl and heat for approx. 1 minute on high in the microwave. Stir very well until all clumps are gone. Now take the raisins, 1/2 cup at a time and stir into the chocolate. Pour raisin mixture onto a large plate lined with parchment paper and spread into a thin layer. Place in freezer to firm for about 5-10 minutes. Break apart the raisins with fingers and serve! Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Husband confessional: This was the first time he has ever enjoyed chocolate and raisins together. He likes chocolate and he likes raisins, but until last night, he never liked them combined. Now he does and my job here is complete.
The taste was very similar to the purple box. Addicting. Dangerous. I had to slap my own hand to stop eating!
They also make your fingers all chocolaty just like the Glosettes. Hours later, you will look in the mirror and find chocolate smeared on your cheek, nose, and chin.
It’s that time again for some great health links from the past week…
Health News Round Up:
- Kale Chips with Cheeze– That’s Fit.ca
- Mom’s phone call as calming as a hug – Toronto Star
- Should I be pacing myself or going all out when I’m training? – Globe and Mail
- What a Vegan Ultramarathoner eats for ultimate energy – NY Times
- Meditation may help your heart and ease depression and anxiety – Health
- How does your race time affect your overall race experience? – Chic Runner
- Men’s Health Ranks Fittest and Heaviest US Cities – FitSugar
- Green Monsters hit a newspaper in Ireland – Irish Independent
- Running 56 miles to save the rhinos – That’s Fit
- Heinz Ketchup lowers sodium- First tweak in 40 years– Huffington Post
- How long does it really take to lose fitness? – Fit Sugar
- Has cosmetic surgery reached a tipping point in Hollywood? – Huffington post
Around The Blog World:
- Vegan Overnight Oats and again and again
- Pizza Pancakes
- Banana Soft Serve vegan Overnight Oats and again
- Delicious reader green monsters
- Vegan Overnight Oats Banana Muffins
- Banana Split VOO
- Nut Butter Parsnip Fries
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some chocolate-covered birthday raisins calling my name.