23 Vegan Easter Menu Ideas: Salads, Sides, Entrées, Treats, & Brunch!

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on April 18, 2014

I’m popping in today with a round-up of some of my favourite Easter recipes. If you are a last-minute planner like myself, I hope some of these recipes below will inspire your own menu.

vegansalads

1. Creamy Avocado Potato Salad (p. 107 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

2. The Best Shredded Kale Salad

3. Warm Spring Salad with Strawberries, Asparagus, and Lemon Dressing

4. Roasted Beet Salad with Hazelnuts, Thyme, & Balsamic Reduction (p. 113 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

5. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Easy Mushroom Gravy (p. 207 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

6. Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Cumin-Coriander Tahini Sauce (p. 191 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

7. Cheesy Breaded Lemon Asparagus (image not shown)

veganentrees

1. Lentil Walnut Loaf with Balsamic Apple Glaze (also found on p. 167 of The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

2. Lentil Mushroom Balls with Cranberry Pear Sauce

3. Sun-Dried Tomato, Mushroom, and Spinach Quiche

4. Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheese

5. Marinated Balsamic, Maple, & Garlic Tempeh (p. 199 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

vegandesserts

1. Chilled Dark Chocolate Pie with Toasted Almond Crust and Strawberry Vanilla Compote

2. Cookie Dough Bites (p. 235 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook) tip – shape the cookie dough into egg shapes and then dip in chocolate to make cookie dough eggs.

3. Seductive Chocolate Fudge

4. 3-Layer Almond Coconut Chocolate Bars

5. Peanut Better Balls

veganbrunch

1. Heavenly Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal

2. Sunrise Scramble with Roasted Home Fries & Avocado Toast (p. 33 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

3. Ultimate Nutty Granola Clusters (p. 31 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

4. Homemade Almond Milk

5. Sun-Dried Tomato, Mushroom, and Spinach Quiche

6. Cheerful Chocolate Smoothie (p.61 from The Oh She Glows Cookbook)

///

Well, that’s all she wrote. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Brynn April 18, 2014 at 8:53 am

I love the shredded kale salad and your asperagus and strawberry salad, they scream spring!

leslie @definitely not martha April 18, 2014 at 9:06 am

That walnut loaf looks amazing! I need to give that a try.

For dessert, I also really love your rolo knockoffs (ohsheglows.com/2012/10/17/homemade-rolo-knock-offs-vegan-gluten-free-5-ingredients/ ) – they are super easy and so good!

Debbie April 19, 2014 at 10:03 am

is this recipe (rolo knockoffs) in the new cookbook?
the one with the chia seed parfait on the cover?

Terri April 18, 2014 at 9:22 am

Sigh. Everything looks so delicious. Since my kitchen is being renovated, I am doing very little cooking lately, especially of things where I need to read a recipe :-) Happy Easter.

Courtney @ The Vegbaker April 18, 2014 at 9:22 am

Oh my gosh! That lasagna looks so good! Everything does really :) Oh no, now I’m hungry. Watch out world I’m coming to Canada.

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } April 18, 2014 at 9:23 am

I’ve been working for a while this morning on my meal prep menu for next week and was totally uninspired. This is just what I needed!

Jessica Rose April 18, 2014 at 9:24 am

Want to make all the treats recipes…

vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

Beth @ Tasty Yummies April 18, 2014 at 9:30 am

I love this!! Such an incredible round-up of recipes and ideas. Thanks for posting. Sharing now.

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh April 18, 2014 at 9:47 am

Cookie dough eggs…I’m there!

Happy Easter!

Chicago Jogger April 18, 2014 at 9:54 am

This is an amazing vegan menu list! Sharing this with my family for the weekend.

Lisa @ Simple Pairings April 18, 2014 at 10:02 am

Such great ideas, Angela – and even better photographs! They are all so enticing! You make vegan food look more appetizing than most conventional things :)

Ting April 18, 2014 at 10:21 am

Gorgeous layout, as usual! I’ve got so many ideas for the weekend now, thank you!!

Also I just bought a second copy of your book to give a vegetarian friend in Switzerland. I am sure she will love it as much as I do!! Sometimes I just look through your book for inspiration to stay healthy :)

Angela April 18, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Thanks so much! I hope your friend enjoys it :)

Rachel April 18, 2014 at 10:40 am

Oh my goodness! I put together an Easter Menu from your recipes and was spot on with this! The only thing I added was the Lightened Up Spring Stuffing. I can’t wait!!

Angela April 18, 2014 at 1:36 pm

oh good call! I totally forgot about the stuffing…oops!

Cara April 18, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Yes! How could you forget the stuffing?! :-) We served it for a Palm Sunday dinner with friends and it was, of course, a big hit. Also, I’m ashamed of how little I normally like salad (as a vegetarian and, you know, a grown-up?), but my husband and I fight over the leftovers of the shredded kale salad. I’m obsessed.

Max Pankow April 18, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I love the stuffing! It’s definitely at the top of my list for Sunday’s Easter menu :) Angela this is an excellent menu and I am so excited to add in a few items I forgot.

janae @ bring joy April 18, 2014 at 11:13 am

I love how all your desserts have chocolate in them!

Beautiful, helpful roundup–

Hope you have a happy Easter Angela.

Alexandra Aimee April 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Ohhh I want to eat every single one of these right now!!

— Alex at cashmerekangaroo.com

Adrienne April 18, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I loved the Creamy Avocado Potato Salad. Truly Amazing. Your so creative. :)

Nicole Marie Story April 18, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Picture 5 just made me wish I hadn’t sold my VitaMix! Yes, I used it twice in one year, so I said gonzo to it. Perhaps I must say bonjour once again. :) Happy Easter!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! April 18, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Now this is an Easter menu! I wouldn’t mind going to any easter event with all these goodies to eat! :)

Nicola April 18, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Wow lots of ideas for the weekend!!! Thank you :) I should also add I’m working my way steadily through the cookbook..there should be a warning next to the maple roasted almond butter recipe…..it’s totally addictive and we are getting through 2 jars a week….in fact spoon wars broke out the other day over the last bit in the jar! Have a lovely Easter :) xx

Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm

The treats that you posted look so mouthwatering!! Thanks for sharing these Easter ideas with us!

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} April 18, 2014 at 6:51 pm

They all look fabulous! I’ve made many of them before and each recipe I’ve tried from your book is fantastic. Angela, you are a culinary genius.

Michelle April 18, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Will the be any baby posts soon ? I noticed there is a new “Baby” category :)) Cant wait on some posts about this topic!

Gill Ewing April 19, 2014 at 7:11 am

The Oh She Glows Cookbook just arrived today! It’s bigger than I thought it would be – so looking forward to making these wonderful recipes :-)

Gill

char eats greens April 19, 2014 at 8:58 am

I think I’m going waaaaaay back and making your strawberry oat squares to bring to my family dinner for Easter tomorrow. There’s already going to be cupcakes from Kelly’s, so why not add a little more dessert action, but with fruit! (Any excuse to eat 2 desserts, really.)

Kathy Catlin April 19, 2014 at 9:53 am

I served that Lentil Walnut Loaf with the glaze for Thanksgiving and my family loved it! I can’t wait to try the Cauliflower Mashed Taters with Mushroom Gravy…mmmm! Your cookbook is selling like hotcakes here in the capital region of NY :) BTW, I have the creamy tomato soup warming up for lunch today! It’s amazing too!!

Taylor April 19, 2014 at 11:47 am

Everything looks delicious~ especially the sweet treats :) Happy Easter!

Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen April 19, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Happy Easter Angela! I love this vegan Easter menu you’ve put together! :D I’m looking forward to trying your lentil loaf this week! :D

GourmetGetaways April 19, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Oh YUM!!
So many delicious dishes. My neighbour put me onto your site. She periodically brings me a taste of dishes sh makes from your recipes. I will be following and cooking them for myself. The salads look particularly good!
Julie
Gourmet Getaways

Erika April 20, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I just ordered your cookbook and can’t wait to try the recipes in it! Especially now that we have a CSA produce box coming it will be even more inspiring to use the produce in the recipes!!!

Kelly Sheehan April 21, 2014 at 10:42 am

This is such a great post. Whenever I’m with my family during a holiday they bombard me with questions about what I eat and they just don’t get it. I love that you are able to create such delicious recipes for healthy/vegan eaters to enjoy, too!

Tania April 21, 2014 at 11:14 am

Great roundup; however, I can’t believe your amazing coconut thumbprint macaroons with Raspberry Chia Seed jam wasn’t on there! That was the first thing I was sure I was making for dinner. Everyone loved them. I have a very meat centric extended family who can not comprehend the whole “vegan thing” or why anyone wouldn’t eat gluten; so I didn’t mention they were both GF and Vegan until they had devoted the whole double recipe of them. :-)

Dolly April 21, 2014 at 11:43 am

I made your chilled dark chocolate pie for Easter dinner, and it was a huge hit. Deeeeeeelicious! Thank you for sharing.

Shireen April 21, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Wow, that is way too much yumminess on one page! Drooling…

Michelle @LALLnutrition April 21, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Everything looks so good! I love the cookie dough bites :) I will have to check out your new book for the recipe. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Sharon April 22, 2014 at 2:03 am

Hi Angela, I just had to say, I bought your cookbook and it’s amazing. OMG, I made the Potato Fiesta Taco Meat Crisps and they are Out of This World. I can’t believe how great they taste. I took them to Easter dinner with me to a friends house yesterday. All meat eaters and they devoured them in no time. They ALL loved them. It’s hard to believe its Walnuts. I made a second batch as I had tasted a few (just a few) before going and decided I needed more. The first batch of Walnuts I toasted in a dry pan however with time running out I didn’t toast the second batch. I highly recommend Toasting them. The other batch was very good but the toasting makes a big difference. I can’t wait to make them again. They will now be my go to “take an appetizer” to friends dish.
I also love your Soft Serve; Sooooo Good.

BTW, which day are you on Queen L. I couldn’t find it on her site.

Thanks so much for your wonderful book.
Sharon, Langley, BC

Ji-Ji April 24, 2014 at 9:12 am

Oh, God! it’s fantastic and look so tasty, i’m gonna try it}

Shutterbug April 24, 2014 at 12:51 pm

What a great collection of recipes! Thanks for sharing. I’m definitely going to make some of those treats!

Micheline @TheMiniatureMoose.com April 25, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I love your book, it’s sitting right on my coffee table. I can only imagine how much work goes into creating such a large project. You could feel your heart and soul in it. Great job!

Emily April 28, 2014 at 10:02 am

My sister made the mushroom quiche for me for Easter brunch and my “meat and potatoes” brother-in-law ate all the leftovers before I could get a crack at them! I did get to polish off the chocolate chip banana bread though ;) Can’t wait to try some of the spring salads this week. Thank you for delicious not-too-complicated fresh recipes

Alma Beats February 24, 2016 at 2:33 am

Wow! These look delicious! I wasn’t planning on making anything fancy yet this post may have me reevaluate. We usually go out to enjoy mimosa brunch on easter, a tacky tradition :) I can’t wait to try the carrot cake baked oatmeal.

Rebecca March 6, 2017 at 10:21 am

Hi Angela,
I love all these ideas. I am starting to plan my easter menu for this year, and would love to make a vegan version of this really luscious looking raspberry lemon cake with lemon buttercream on kitchentrialanderror.blogspot.ca. Any thoughts on making it vegan would be awesome.

Thanks,
Rebecca

thanks,
Rebecca

Angela Liddon March 9, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Hmm, that’s a tricky one, Rebecca! It’ll take some experimentation, for sure, so I’m not quite sure what to suggest in terms of specifics. If you try anything, please let me know how it goes, as that’s a flavour combination I really love. In fact, if you have my new cookbook Oh She Glows Every Day, you should think about checking out my Meyer Lemon Cheesecake with Strawberry-Vanilla Compote on p. 233. It sounds like it would be up your alley, and I think you could easily make a raspberry compote instead. My family members who don’t tend to like lemon absolutely LOVED this cheesecake!