Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Garlic

roasted brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes with rosemary-6793-3

I absolutely adore brussels sprouts, but this wasn’t always the case. Growing up, I despised them as most children do. In my early twenties, I gave them another shot and they slowly grew on me over the course of many holiday dinners. I’d place a few on the edge of my plate “just to try” and eventually they grew on me. They’re now one of the first vegetables I make a beeline for at holiday dinners. This past weekend was no different!

My absolute favourite way to enjoy them is roasted. I have no idea why there isn’t a recipe on the blog, but I decided this had to be remedied immediately. This recipe today features my favourite potatoes of all time (fingerlings), a generous amount of fresh rosemary and garlic, and of course, hearty brussels sprouts. Tossed with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and roasted for about 38 minutes, it was just about too good to share. It’s the ultimate comfort food on a chilly fall day.

20121004_163456

A little roasting goes a long way, especially when it comes to brussels sprouts. They get slightly charred and caramelized in the oven and have a dense “meaty” texture that you wouldn’t expect from a green vegetable. If you’ve ever crossed this vegetable off your “want to eat more of” list I encourage you to give this recipe a shot; you might be surprised at how quickly they disappear. I knew this dish was a keeper when Eric – who is not a big fan of brussels – gobbled them up quickly.

roasted brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes with rosemary-6793-2

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Rosemary and Garlic

Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free

By

Give brussels sprouts another shot.  Trust me on this one.

Yield
4-5 servings as a side
Prep Time
Cook time
Total Time

Ingredients:

• (0.80kg/1.75lb) fingerling potatoes
  • (0.34kg/0.75lb) brussels sprouts
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbsp fresh minced rosemary
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp Sucanat (optional)
  • 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Rinse and scrub potatoes. Pat dry. Slice in half lengthwise and place into large mixing bowl.
  3. Cut off stem of brussels sprouts and remove loose outer leaves. Rinse and pat dry. Place in bowl.
  4. Add the minced garlic, minced rosemary, oil, optional Sucanat, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes into the bowl along with the potatoes and sprouts. Toss with your hands to combine and place on baking sheet.
  5. Roast for 35-38 minutes at 400°F, stirring once half way through baking. Potatoes will be golden and brussels will be lightly charred when ready. Season with Herbamare (or salt) and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

Are you a brussels sprouts fan? What’s your favourite way to enjoy them?

1 Ashley October 8, 2012

Okay. This is the 5th blog I’ve seen today with a roasted veggie recipe using rosemary [including mine!]. Too funny! Potatoes and rosemary are the best combo ever.

2 Angela October 8, 2012

must be in the air! I just love rosemary and garlic with a little kick of spice. The smell of rosemary alone is comforting to me.

3 Grace @ Grace Dishes October 8, 2012

I made a similar recipe this weekend! I love roasted brussel sprouts! I don’t understand why they get such a bad rap!

This looks beautiful!

4 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 8, 2012

I have to confess… I think I’m the only person in the work who doesn’t like white potatoes. I’d love to try these with yams though! I bet the brussel bite would be tasty with the sweetness. Rosemary is one of my favorite warm-dish additions!

5 Robin October 10, 2012

Nope. I babysit two girls who won’t touch potatoes: not even mashed or french-fried!

6 Kathleen December 30, 2012

Eat them yourself!

7 Liz October 8, 2012

I absolutely love roasted vegetables. They are so easy to make and they smell so good when they are cooking. I also love your fall photo. That is a great shot. I love the fall season.

8 Laura S. October 8, 2012

I ADORE brussels sprouts and have a similar story to yours…I used to think they had a pretty abhorrant smell but now I don’t know how I lived without them!

Wanted to let you know I made your Creamy Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Onion Coconut Soup but subbed Italian spices for the garam masala – a handful of fresh basil along with a Tbsp or so of mixed dried herbs. This was RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. A new twist on an already great recipe. Thank you for your ingenuity Angela!!!

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2012

Such a wonderful twist on that soup! I will have to try that next time. :)

10 Laura S. October 9, 2012

You definitely should. I can’t believe how much I love that soup with the Italian spices.

11 Addy @ Six-Kick Switch October 8, 2012

I am such a brussel sprout fan! I wasn’t always, though :) My sister developed such a taste for them that she once ate a whole pan of roasted sprouts by herself…not a good idea. In case you were thinking of trying it :)

The potatoes in this recipe look awesome! Definitely a great fall dish!

12 ellen October 8, 2012

Yum!!! I just made brussels sprouts this weekend – roasted them with olive oil, a little maple syrup, and salt and pepper.

Our garden brussels should be ready for picking this weekend. We always have the tiniest little ones and they are sooooooo good!

13 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! October 8, 2012

Love roasted veggies! They are so flavorful and addictive!

14 Danielle October 8, 2012

Love brussel sprouts! Roasted is my favourite way. Though I have tried a recipe on Joy McCarthy’s blog that used coconut oil and coconut flakes! It was good… But nothing compares to roasted :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

15 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 8, 2012

You are looking at a Brussels sprout-a-holic right here!! I am the only one in my family that likes them but insist that they make an appearance at every single Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner in my house! :) This year was no exception. i roasted mine with maple balsamic vinegar and they were so so divine. (You can check em out here if you like! bit.ly/RKTh9r) I agree with you – a little roasting goes a long way. The charred bits are my favourite!

16 Ellie@Fit for the Soul October 8, 2012

ahhh I discovered brussell sprouts in my early 20s! I’m now 24. :D But ever since then, I fell in love with it immediately. I think I’m lucky though because ever since I was born I headed straight for vegetables (and meat), so much so that I always asked for kimchi! :P Great recipe and I never thought of adding a sweet ingredient~ah! Maple syrup would be great with it too.

17 Alex @ Raw Recovery October 8, 2012

I haven’t ever been a huge fan of brussel sprouts but I’ve seen them a few times on your blog and now I’m wondering if I should give them a second chance. I like anything with salt and vinegar and I’m wondering how that would turn out if I steamed them and then topped them with some S & V. Rosemary is just one herb that I’ve never really been crazy about. I adore Dill but it’s more of a summer herb. Maybe I’ll keep the dill going just to keep a little bit of that summer spirit year round :)

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2012

That’s funny Alex, I was just thinking about making S & V brussels the other day. I think it would be great!

19 Alex @ Raw Recovery October 8, 2012

If you make them please let me know how they turn out!! Great minds think alike :)

20 Janae @ Bring-Joy October 8, 2012

I love potato anything. Something super comforting about that starchy vegetable.

I also am a fan of brussel sprouts, really the entire cabbage family, although my kids & husband are a bit harder to convince that they are lovable & delicious. I think roasting brussel sprouts &/or having a great sauce to compliment them, are key.

21 Senator October 8, 2012

Oh my goodness –YUM!! Your post always inspire me!

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 8, 2012

My husband and I both LOVE brussels sprouts. My favorite way to eat them is tossed in olive oil and roasted in the oven with a little salt, pepper, and garlic – so simple yet so delicious!

23 Heidi kokborg October 8, 2012

It looks good ! Actually I have never tried brussels spread but I definitely will give it a try! :)

24 Cher @ Weddicted October 8, 2012

I used to despite brussel sprouts, too. I think it was more the idea of them than anything else. Growing up, my mom never stopped cooking them and they eventually grew on me. I like them roasted best!

25 Kayti October 8, 2012

Love it! I’ve been making my own variation of this for years! Sometimes I add basil too, and I’ve never used fingerling potatoes. Maybe I should’ve bought that bag of them I was gazing at in the grocery store. lol.

26 Kimmy October 8, 2012

Mmm looks great!
It’s funny, I never thought I liked brussel sprouts either before I tried roasting them. Now it’s one of my fav meals.

27 Averie @ Averie Cooks October 8, 2012

Angela these are the most beautiful potatoes! The rusticness of the photo, the rosemeary, the brussels sprouts, too; oh I want this dish! And the course salt on the wood…you have me in the mood to roast up some taters!

28 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 8, 2012

That picture is gorgeous! I just recently discovered I’m a brussels sprout fan. I love them roasted!

29 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy October 8, 2012

oh yum. total fall dish right there!

30 Kari@Loaves and Dishes October 8, 2012

I love roasted brussel sprouts, definitely my favorite preparation. My husband doesn’t like them at all (boo hoo). I can’t wait for him to go on the road so that I can make these. I’ll miss him but I’ll be happy with my bowl of spuds and sprouts!

31 Becky October 8, 2012

I’ve never tried Brussels sprouts – but I LOVE cooked cabbage – weird?

32 Beth @ Tasty Yummies October 8, 2012

Yum my perfect fall-type meal. I LOVE roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts, especially together… perfection!

33 Courtney @ Delicious Ramble October 8, 2012

Yum! Can’t wait to try this!

34 Anon Non @ Fat to Fit...the healthy way October 8, 2012

Beautiful! Roasted brussel sprouts are a dream. It is the only way that I will eat them and I love that you encourage people to try them even if they have crossed the little green monsters off their list. Roasting is the absolute best way to enjoy brussels!

35 RachelRuns October 8, 2012

this looks amazing!! i’ve always loved rosemary, my grandmother lives in phoenix and has a rosemary bush right out her front door.. every time you walk outside you’re hit with a burst of it. its incredible.

I absolutely LOVE brussels sprouts, I’ve been making them with a balsamic reduction glaze from this recipe. you have to try it, especially since you’ve mastered the balsamic reduction ;)

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

That looks right up my alley! Thanks for sharing.

37 Lauren October 8, 2012

I love the picture of the leaves. I live in AZ where it’s still blazingly hot and pretty much summer year-round. Jealous.
P.s. I could only think of Sketchie when I saw this…http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NH516U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008NH516U&linkCode=as2&tag=jensmenandlif-20. I always crack up when you post pics of him, and I’d love to see some of him in this.

38 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

hahaha that is amazing! Did you know we actually have a tunnel for him? It looks a bit like that one but doesn’t have the cool things on each end. He LOVES it! Whenever he’s hyper he runs through it a million times and gets us to play with him with his toys.

39 Andrea October 8, 2012

This looks like such a warm and comforting dish.. not to mention it includes 2 of my favorite ingredients ever.. brussels and potatoes! Definitely saving this one for a chilly night :) My newest favorite way to eat brussel sprouts is to chop and shred them, saute them, and then throw in some grape tomatoes and lemon juice! So good!

40 Lisa October 8, 2012

I could never stand brussell sprouts because i always had them boiled; ugh. Just learned to love them a couple of years ago. I like them thinly sliced (so really shredded) and roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper. Then lemon juice and parmesean the last 10 minutes. Crispy!!

41 Mandi October 8, 2012

Mmmm those look incredible! My fiance isn’t really a fan of brussel sprouts but I’m thinking this recipe could make him change his tune.

42 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 8, 2012

I love roasted brussels sprouts! I need to try them with rosemary though….that sounds like a great combo.

43 Andrea @ Vegvacious October 8, 2012

I’ve grown to love brussel sprouts too! Roasted is the only way to go.!!

44 Sara Nickel October 8, 2012

I have yet to meet a potato I did not like:) The fingerling guys are so adorable too. I can’t wait to try this Angela!

45 Fi @ sparklingsnowflake October 8, 2012

When I first discovered healthy living blogs, roasted brussels sprouts seemed to be everywhere; I gave them a go and it was love at first bite. I didn’t mind sprouts before then so I wasn’t surprised… but it was nothing short of miraculous when my Dad – a long time hater of sprouts – declared that he actually quite liked them roasted!

So to anyone who is still put off by the fact that it’s ‘just another way of cooking’ brussels sprouts – I dare you to try them.

46 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 8, 2012

there is seriously nothing better than roasted potatoes on a fall day – these look amazing!

47 Justina October 8, 2012

Growing up, I loved my vegetables. I just recently discovered brussel sprouts (mainly how to prepare them), and I fell in love. The only way I know how to make them though is by roasting them in olive oil and salt. It took zero creativity but tastes absolutely delicious. There is a slight bitter taste that works well with the sweetness of it!

48 Sarah October 8, 2012

Great post!

As for my way of enjoying them; I’ve been making this recipe for years! A must at the Thanksgiving table :)

Keep glowing!
Sarah

49 Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings October 8, 2012

This recipe looks great! I love brussel sprouts, especially roasted and I’ve never roasted them with rosemary and garlic! Thanks for sharing :)

50 Jean October 9, 2012

Hi Angela!
Just wanna ask, can i also roast frozen brussels sprouts? We do not have fresh ones here. Thanks!

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

I cant see why not!

52 Catherine October 9, 2012

I’ve roasted frozen sprouts before. Make sure to squeeze the water out really well after defrosting. From my personal experience, they don’t roast quite as well as fresh (can be a little mushy on the inside and the outer layer doesn’t get as crisp), but they’re still really tasty!

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

Thanks for the tip Catherine!

54 Ellani October 9, 2012

I love brussel sprouts roasted and caramalized with BALSAMIC vinegar. Yum. I can’t wait until they are in season here.
I hated brussel sprouts as a kid. Proabaly because: 1) they were inevitably frozen and then cooked (mushy and disgusting). 2) I think they were boiled as well. Really untasty.

55 Sonal October 9, 2012

This looks like such a delicious way to enjoy brussel sprouts! :)

56 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 9, 2012

Great idea, adding brussels sprouts to potatoes!! I love all the flavor combination in this dish!

57 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 9, 2012

I would always eat Brussels sprouts if they were served to me, but I never really LOVED them until I started roasting them. It takes them to a whole new level!

58 Cassandra @ TheScienceofFood October 9, 2012

I’m also a new fan of brussel sprouts. The most favorite recipe that I’ve tried for brussel sprouts is with pomegranate and pecans.

59 R.A. October 9, 2012

I think I wil try this, minus the brussel sprouts. I told my doctor that even if they were the fountain of youth I would have trouble eating them and since I eat just about every other vegetable on the planet including a few that I don’t even know their names but just buy them from the Asian vendor at the local farmer’s market, I think I am okay taking a pass on this one vegetable. That leaves more for the rest of you to enjoy!

60 Kathryn October 9, 2012

I used to loathe them too! They’ve grown on me a whole lot in the past years. I still don’t care for them whole, I actually like to chop them up into shreds and sautee them with garlic. They cook super fast and are so tasty! My dad said he’s rosting them whole on the stock tonight, intersted to see what that is like!

61 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 9, 2012

I used to despise brussels sprout too! But I enjoy it now even more, especially roasted!

62 Simone October 9, 2012

I love brussels! I made some this weekend on the bbq they were awesome, I pre boiled them, tossed them in grainy mustard with some evoo salt and pepper and then grilled them up till they were all crispy, so yummy!
thanks for your recipe, i’ll definitely be whipping those up, nothing beats roasted veggies!

63 Vanessa October 9, 2012

Brussels Sprouts are the best! Happy Thanksgiving, by the way. =)

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

Thanks Vanessa!

65 Lacey October 9, 2012

I’m a HUGE brussel sprout fan and you just reminded me that not only is it pumpkin season – it’s brussel sprout time!!!! One of my favorite ways to prepare them is pan frying them on the stove top until they begin to caremlize. Then deglaze the pan with a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. The last step is to stir in a couple tablespoons of agave (or any sweetener). This makes a delicious “sweet & sour” brussel sprout side dish.

66 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

that sounds incredible…mouth is watering! over brussels who knew?

67 Shira October 9, 2012

This is by far, the very best way to eat cooked brussels sprouts! And of course rosemary is not at all optional in any way :) I am so into raw brussels sprout salads right now….my new favorite way to eat them! Gorgeous photos Angela!

68 Michelle October 9, 2012

I love roasted brussels. They’re delish!

69 Catherine October 9, 2012

I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now, but I’ve never commented. Anyway, brussels sprouts are probably my FAVORITE vegetable. Never touched them till age 27 (I’m 28!), but to me and my husband, they are addicting. My favorite way to cook them is by simply roasting them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Sometimes I’ll add lemon juice or red pepper flakes, but, honestly, I think the natural flavors are just too good on their own. This combination with the fingerling potatoes, garlic, and rosemary sounds delicious, though. Must attempt it soon!

By the way, your spicy bbq chickpea burgers are amazing. It’s the first veggie burger I’ve made (and eaten, truthfully), and as an omnivore, I actually prefer these over meat. Even my husband said as much. :-) Hope you don’t mind that I linked to your recipe on my own very amateur-ish blog. Can’t wait to try some other recipes!

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2012

Hey Catherine, Thanks for your comment! So happy to hear you enjoyed the chickpea burgers :)

71 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama October 9, 2012

Although I love all veggies, there is nothing better than roasted veggies!

72 Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans October 9, 2012

This looks like such a great fall dish! I love brussel sprouts (probably an unnatural amount for a college student)! I especially love them roasted! So good.

73 Jamee October 9, 2012

I LOVE roasted vegetables, especially brussels sprouts. I’ll definitely be making this recipe soon. Funny story–One Christmas I made a brussels sprouts dish with almonds and balsamic for a potluck with friends. As soon as I removed the lid off the sprouts at the table, one of my friends asked (genuinely), “Who farted?” Some things just taste way better than they smell!

Your photo of the bench and yellow tree on a perfect fall day is so lovely. Fall is ridiculously photogenic, isn’t it?

74 Trena Marthaller October 9, 2012

I have the same story with the Brussel Sprouts. But I love them now! And I am trying this recipe tonight with farm fresh finglerling potatoes! Ill post the pictures on my blog tomorrow…thanks for the great recipes and your inspiring story.

75 Leesasee October 9, 2012

It seems I am of the vast majority of previous brussel sprout hater-turned lover thanks to finding this wonderful cooking method. However that is not the reason for my comment. I have to ask, where is the tree picture taken? It looks EXACTLY like my run route along Lake Ontario in St.Catharines/Port Dalhousie

76 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 10, 2012

It’s along Lakeshore in Oakville :) Sounds like you have a nice running route too!

77 Angela October 9, 2012

My favorite way is exactly like yours but I also add couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. YUM!!

78 Lia October 9, 2012

I’m definitely a Brussels Sprouts lover and wooer! My roomy just bought a bunch and I secretly hope she’ll share them with me until I buy myself some :D

I like them simply roasted like this, but with roasted chestnuts on the side rather than potatoes. This post did get me on a potato craving, which is VERY rare (not a potato person). Picked some up, gonna make a vegan potato gratin. Thanks for the random inspiration!

79 Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset October 9, 2012

Brussels sprouts are probably my favourite vegetable! Ok, maybe a tie between that and broccoli ;) Steamed, roasted, stir-fried- I love them any way!!

80 Prime Health October 9, 2012

Superlicious!!!

81 Lauren @ Gourmet Veggie Mama October 9, 2012

This looks amazing. Love the combination of veggies!

82 Brittany October 9, 2012

YUMMMMM!!! We eat a LOT of roasted vegetables when the weather starts turning to fall (which we still have not gotten in Portland…sigh…). Like you, I love to do a potato and brussels sprout blend, but sometimes we’ll put in some sausage bits or soyrizo for some spiciness and protein. I’ve been eating sweet potatoes, onions, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms all roasted together for several days in a row now, often for breakfast! Although thyme is my favorite herb to add, rosemary is a close second. Thanks so much for posting this! Definitely am a fan of roasted veggies! (Although I think yours are prettier than mine. ;-)

83 Sarah October 10, 2012

This recipe sounds amazing!!!! I’ve never thought about potato/brussel sprout combo but it’s a really good idea. The garlic would totally bring out both pieces and help them combine into a great dish. Going to make this and also tagging it because I want this on my table to share with the family at Thanksgiving! Thank you :)

84 Michelle@HappyHeart October 10, 2012

So simple and incredibly delicious! I know what’s on the menu for tonight! Can’t get enough of Brussels at the moment!

85 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 10, 2012

Oh yum – this looks like something I would make… or have made. Either way, I love it!

86 Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 10, 2012

What’s for dinner tonight? THIS! Looks perfect-I LOVE roasted vegetables, especially brussel sprouts!

87 zz October 10, 2012

try brussel sprouts, capers, garlic, and olive oil. some salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. I pan roast them – until the brussel sprouts are caramelized and the capers are crispy… our favorite recipe – no leftovers ever

88 Shelley October 11, 2012

I’ve only tried brussel sprouts once before – I come from a family that hate brussel sprouts – but I adore fingerling potatoes. I tried your recipe and wow! My husband and I both loved it!! Thanks for posting! :)

89 Monique Reavis October 11, 2012

I’m trying this right now! I swapped the rosemary for cilantro and the fingerling for red potatoes, only because I had them available in the kitchen. The kitchen smells wonderful!

90 suzanne October 12, 2012

So funny – I just made roasted red potatoes and brussel sprouts! I do not think I ever even had a brussel sprout until last year – for some reason I decided to try them and WOW – definitely one of my favorites now too! I will have to try your recipe – it looks great. I just tossed in a little olive oil and sprinkled salt, pepper and a little chili powder on. Now if only my kids would eat them (they eat the token one bite!)

91 Brittany October 12, 2012

I am a newly converted vegan and so I’ve started experimenting with vegetables. This is seriously my first time eating Brussels sprouts and I LOVE THEM cooked this way!

92 Susan October 12, 2012

As a kid I HATED Brussels sprouts but now that my tastes have changed and I now eat all sorts of things I have been wanting to try them. This recipe was great. I finished the sprouts off with a splash of balsamic which was delicious.

93 Sara October 15, 2012

I made this recipe this past Friday night, but I added the apple sage Field Roast sausage you mentioned in your ’10 Food I’m Loving Lately’ post and it was delicious! It was definitely a comfort food kind of night and that hit the spot. My night was filled with home done mani/pedi, this recipe as dinner, and dessert was blood orange sorbet. SO YUMMY! I’ve been reading your blog for almost a year now and have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 5 years. I’m finally starting to feel I’m ready for my last transition to being a vegan! It feels like the right time and I’m feeling less dependent on dairy. I had a baaaaaaad addiction to cheese and milk. Wish me luck and I really hope this is it for me!

94 Shaunna B. October 15, 2012

Made these last night for dinner, along with some northern beans drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper, with some crusty bread. Delish! Thanks for the recipe!

95 Kristen October 15, 2012

I made these tonight……SO good. Huge hit with the whole family – kids included. Will totally make them again!

96 Shiree October 16, 2012

I’ve been following your blog for a while – it is fun to read and every once in a while I find the time to try some of the recipes.
I don’t really remember ever eating brussel sprouts but tonight I tried this recipe. Delicious! I actually liked the brussel sprouts better than the potatoes (and I love me some potatoes). My husband said they tasted like really fancy garlic fries, but he would eat these over garlic fries :)
Thanks for the recipe!

97 Stefanie October 17, 2012

I made this the other night and it was SO good my husband asked me to make it again this week (and he is not a big Brussels Sprouts fan).
We did not even need a sauce since the Brussels Sprouts were slightly caramelized…hmmm, just thinking of it makes me drool…

Roasting veggies is such a great way to serve a quick yet delicious dinner on week nights. I like to roast Hokkaido and carrots together – always turns out really good!

98 Kim October 20, 2012

Love the sprouts! Hated them as a kid because I always had them boiled. Now I carmelize them in a pan with garlic and pine nuts! Do delicious that I’ve converted many a hater! Next I’ll try roasting with the potatoes since I usually fix potatoes, onions and garlic with my rosemary.

99 Jennifer October 21, 2012

Just tried these today. YUMMO!

100 Lisa October 29, 2012

I love Brussels, but just not roasted. Oddly, the charred part turns me off, but only on brussels. Every other veggie, I love roasted. The way I make sprouts is slice them in half and saute/steam them in a bit of olive oil and earth balance on the stove top. Saute/steam means saute to get a bit of color on them and then cover them so they steam and cook through. Delish!

101 Nina October 30, 2012

I made this for my daughter tonight. She loved it! She was VERY skeptical about the Brussels Sprouts. She liked all other ingredients though and I said she didn’t have to eat it if she didn’t like it. I just wish I had put more sprout leaves in because they really shrunk down (very nicely) and I think she would have eaten more without complaint. :) She squeezed lemon juice over it. It was a huge hit. Thanks so much for a lovely vegan meal without grains.

102 jess November 3, 2012

man…i am totally stoked by all your recipes…..unlike many vegan recipes i try ,all of your recipes that i have tried(not too many,new to your website) are awesome!!!Awesome in taste,ease,cost and i can change them all up just a bit and i have a blast with it.I want to share what i make with the world!!Thank you soo much.You have inspired me to experiment in my kitchen and live in my desire to make great vegan food…….Thanks again

103 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 4, 2012

Thank you so much Jess! All the best to you. :)

104 Amanda November 12, 2012

I made these last night after not eating Brussels Sprouts in over 3 years and I just ate two bowls full! I put a little Franks Red Hot on the side for dipping and it was great! Thanks for the awesome recipe!

105 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 13, 2012

mmm i love the idea of hot sauce on those bad boys!

106 Megan December 1, 2012

Using your recipe, I just tried brussel sprouts for the FIRST TIME. SO amazing!! Thank you for sharing. It was absolutely delicious and I plan to make a lot more brussel sprouts now!

107 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 2, 2012

whohoo!!

108 Suzanne December 16, 2012

Is this something that you could prepare the night before and then roast the next day…or would the rosemary be too strong?

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 17, 2012

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work! Let me know if you try it out.

110 Priscilla February 17, 2013

Can you tell me how many cups of brussel sprouts and potatoes are used? I don’t have a scale, so I’m not sure of the measurements. Thanks!!

111 Christina Gray April 27, 2013

I bought a bag of brussel sprouts to try, and they were SO GROSS. They’ve been sitting in my freezer for months since that first taste test. This recipe looked delicious, so I gave them another try, and I’m glad I did. This is SO GOOD. If it weren’t for your blog, I would have probably starved by now.

112 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 28, 2013

yay! So glad to hear that :)

113 Ren5ae May 22, 2013

Absolutely love the use of rosemary and garlic together here! I recently bought a bunch of fresh rosemary for the first time, determined to cook something with it but having no idea what.. And then of course I came across your blog, and now my ideas are endless!
You’re incredibly talented.

On a side note, I also happened upon some strange looking green stalks (turned out to be stalks of lemon grass) and of course in my new “you’re going to learn to cook no matter what” mindset, i grabbed one and put it in my trolley as if that was what I had intended to do all along. Now I’ve got this thing here, and no clue what to do with it.. Any chance you’ve experimented much with lemon grass?

x

114 Mandy B. September 25, 2013

This looks so good! Just curious, should I put some whole sprigs of rosemary on the pan while roasting like in the picture? Or was that just mean to look pretty? Thanks!

115 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 25, 2013

I think I did it just for the photo, so no it’s not necessary! :)

116 tigerarchivist October 19, 2013

I just pulled this out of the oven. We love how the house smells of fresh rosemary and garlic! I love brussels sprouts any which way, but roasting them brings out the sweetness. I didn’t use the sugar suggested in the recipe, and don’t think it needs it. Wonderful recipe!

117 Natalie {Use Your Words, Little Girl} November 21, 2013

Do you have any tips for keeping a dish like this warm if you have to cook in advance? I want to bring this to my work’s Thanksgiving potluck meal, but don’t know how to keep it warm (I can run home to grab it before we eat) without it losing the roasted goodness.

118 Lisa December 7, 2013

beautiful recipe – I love rustic veggie dishes like this! Pinned to my “exceptional vegetable” board.

119 Christina April 13, 2014

These were simple and great! Thanks so much for introducing us to brussels sprouts!

120 Holly November 26, 2014

I made these tonight. Yum! And a lot easier than I though it would be to cook fresh brussels sprouts. I never want to eat mushy frozen ones again! Thanks for the recipe!

121 Susan McCabe January 26, 2015

I bought your cookbook in September and bought a second copy for a friend in December. I have not found a recipe that my husband and I do not like! This recipe was shared with friends at Christmas. Everyone loved it!

122 Tanya June 11, 2016

I hadn’t really ever had Brussels Sprouts until I was an adult (at least not that I can remember) because my mother didn’t like them. My boyfriend (who later became my husband) introduced them and I have been a huge fan since. Unfortunately he has recently decided he doesn’t like them so much anymore. I am taking a chance making these tonight. I’m using shaved BS and threw some onions into the roasted veg. I think I will too with a little balsamic glaze. Wish me luck!!

123 Angela Liddon June 13, 2016

Belated good luck, Tanya! How did you guys end up liking the dish?