Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

IMG 37321   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011 IMG 53781   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011 IMG 54763   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011IMG 20611   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011    IMG 29131   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

The last week in December is one of my favourite times of the entire year.

IMG 1308   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

Everything slows down. It’s eerily quiet. The normal traffic has vanished. Snow falls from the sky and glistens on the trees.

Eric’s home early from work.  We have impromptu get togethers with friends. I feel proud when I’m able to peel myself from the couch and go for a run.

20111226 095627   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

I have hot showers and eat cookies straight from the freezer.

I drink too much wine and get hangovers.

We torture ourselves with Big Holiday Crossword puzzles.

8h8en   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

We watch hockey.

nvfe3ewj tw1   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

Sketchie warms our legs while we watch movies.

20111227 204309   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

We stay up too late.

I have this undeniable urge to organize my pantry.

IMG 1338   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

I wear clogs Crocs in the snow to take pictures because I’m too lazy to put on boots.

IMG 1307   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

We make a fire or two.

ode14muj tw1   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

I take some time off work when I feel like it, which is often. Other times, I’m inspired to sit down with a hot cup of tea and write. There isn’t pressure to accomplish much if I don’t want to.

The last week of the year reminds me that it’s a good thing to occasionally just do “nothing”.

A real good thing.

And sometimes the biggest accomplishment of the day is to sit down to a home cooked meal with loved ones.

12) Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Gravy

3) Our Perfect Veggie Burger

IMG 8704   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

2) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos

IMG 3732   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

1) 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

IMG 0200 3   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

Here’s to making the last week of the year whatever you want it to be!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 29, 2011

I finally feel like this as well now that I have the next 3 days off. Time to relax and bring in the New Year.
PS-That avocado pasta was life changing this year ;)

Joann@womaninreallife December 29, 2011

All of the food looks wonderful. I think I’ll start with the olive oil pasta! On another note, I noticed the kamut udon noodles in your pantry. Those are my favourite noodles.

Have a great last couple days of 2011!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset December 29, 2011

I think Ill start with the lentil loaf… it’s one I have been eager to try for quite some time now :)

Luv What You Do December 29, 2011

I definitely have the urge to clean out my pantry. It’s a disaster!!!

I bet I will find some good ingredients to make some of these fabulous looking dinners. Enchilada Casserole here i come!

Shady December 29, 2011

I don’t make resolutions but I may have to resolve to make all of these recipes and to make the avocado pasta one twice because it is stupidly yummy.

eatingRD December 29, 2011

I am drooling it all looks wonderful! I want to try the veggie burgers. You’re right, sometimes the best times are spent doing nothing and chilling out with family. Glad you had a wonderful holiday, happy new year!

Moni'sMeals December 29, 2011

one of each please! Bless you for this post. Here is to 2012! I look forward to all the more amazing recipes you come up with. ;)

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy December 29, 2011

I think I’ve made that butternut/pumpkin mac n cheese about a dozen times now! soo good

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 29, 2011

What a great year of wonderful recipes!

Nicole @ giraffelegs December 29, 2011

The Mac n’ cheese is calling my name.
Also you take some really spectacular pictures! I always look forward to them.

Bethany M December 29, 2011

I’m going to go with roasted tomato pesto as my fave OSG recipe, and the veggie burger as a close second. That’s not even counting your breakfast recipes, though!! Thank you for all of the deliciousness.

Jes Suazo December 29, 2011

I can’t wait to try some of these recipes!!

Nicole December 29, 2011

I wanted to thank you so much for your butternut squash mac recipe(s) – I made it for my family a few months ago and my dad requested it for Christmas this year. Everyone was amazed at all of its flavor – it is definitely omnivore approved for sure!! Cheese and meat lovers agree :) Have a beautiful new year!!

deva at deva by definition December 29, 2011

Sketchie is ADORABLE in that photo. Makes me want to go cuddle my cats.

char @ char on a mission December 29, 2011

Loved those enchiladas and happened to make them on a night one of my husband’s friends was sleeping over…and he loved them too!! Vegan power!

Rachel December 29, 2011

Not sure which one I want to try first!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva December 29, 2011

Another great year and even more awesome recipes. I find it hard to slow myself down, but I know that lazy days are good and necessary. Wishing you a happy, healthy new year!

Jessica @ Hungrygems December 29, 2011

I adore the contrast of the vibrant vegan entrees bursting with boldness compared to the clean, solid bright white of the wintery setting that followed in the pictures….now if only we could marry them and witness a vegan snowfall…would be both magical and delicious.

Stacie December 30, 2011

Yum…my mouth is watering & my brain can’t decide what to make first! :)

Say..I see you are wearing running tights & jacket in your pic. Any suggestions? What to look for? Brands? Especially for tights! (Hopefully Lululemon…tee hee…but will wear whatever). I live in northern Wisconsin, so temps/seasons similar to you. THANKS!!

Hope you & Eric had a Merry Christmas (looks like fun!) and Happy New Year!!
~Stacie

Red Deception December 30, 2011

I made the butternut squash and black bean enchiladas for my sweetie, and he LOVED them! He ate more than half the batch!

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours December 30, 2011

Thanks for the recipe reminder! It is well past time to stop eating cookies and make some real food… I always organize like crazy during this time–between cups of tea and the inevitable Christmas cookies!

Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 30, 2011

This post made me realize that there are soo many recipes I still need to try.

I agree the last week of December is sooo nice and relaxing! I ended up working, and now I wish I took the time off. I will have to make up for it during the first week of January :)

hannah alehandra December 30, 2011

Glad to hear that you are taking it easy and enjoying yourself, Angela! Hope you have a fabulous New Year’s. Much love, from England.

Sadie December 30, 2011

Mmmmm… Some of my faves were number 2, 4, and 11. They’re all so tasty!

Michaela December 30, 2011

You listed my favourite recipes there :)
I honestly cannot wait for your book.
Hope you have a great 2012.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 30, 2011

I love that big holiday crossword puzzle in the Globe and Mail! My family does it on Christmas Day every year and we all get so eager that we’ve started to set down some “rules” for it haha! :P

There are so many recipes in this list that I’ve been meaning to try – thanks for the reminder!

Mrs.CJ December 30, 2011

What a fun time with your family! I will be trying out your recipes, thank you for sharing them!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 30, 2011

Everything looks so good! I want to try the burritos! Yum! Funny how this time of the year were off track from our normal. I clean my pantry out weekly in the winter, why? I don’t know?

ellen December 30, 2011

Love the photos today! you make me want to drag my butt out in the cold for a run!
Happy New Year!!

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy December 30, 2011

Wonderful post! Enjoy the last few days of 2011, and here is to a wonderful New Year!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 30, 2011

SNOW! I want ALL this food right now :D I think I’ve made all the mexican dishes.

Clare December 30, 2011

I just wanted to thank you for your blog. I have been a reader for about 2 years and in that time have gone from a 18 year vegetarian to a vegan! It had been over a year now, and your recipes and beautiful photographs keep me inspired. Plus, I love that you celebrate your own “nerdiness”.(; Happy New Year to You and Yours!

brigitte December 30, 2011

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INSPIRING! YUM!!!

Andrea December 30, 2011

Love your pantry! I need to get me some of the latch-jars!

Sarah December 30, 2011

Thank you so much for your site! I discovered it on pinterest, and you have inspired me to try vegan recipes, and am loving it so far! I made my first green monster for my husband and myself this morning….delicious! Thanks!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011

Thank you Sarah! I love Pinterest too. Happy New Year!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 30, 2011

I want to try each one of those! Your recipes are always THE BEST.

Kristy December 30, 2011

I’ve made almost all of these recipes!! They are so delish, and the BEST part is that my kiddos LOVE them too!! Thanks for making it a little bit easier to be a vegan-not-to crazy-about-tofu-and-other-fake-meats family!!

Wendy Irene December 30, 2011

Happy New Year! Thank you for all your great recipes and inspiration. Many blessings in 2012!

Meghan @ Making Love In the Kitchen December 30, 2011

LOVE this top ten – so much goodness for my eyes to feast on! Have to say I am a December quiet time lover too, I usually just hop over somewhere hot to enjoy the quiet :) Happy New Year!

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 30, 2011

Perfect round-up of Vegan inspiration! Can’t wait to try these out in the new year!

Page 2 of 3«123»