Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

I want to be a Goddess.

IMG 9561 3 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Or even better, a glowing Goddess.

Meow.

However, I don’t always feel like a Goddess in my day to day life.

IMG 9516 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Being a baker & food blogger covered in syrup, flour, and who knows what else on a daily basis isn’t exactly Goddess material. Neither is my worn apron with oats stuck to it, my lunch lady hair net, or my flustered red face when baking Glo Bars in the summer heat. And if you think I actually bake in heels, I’m sorry, I really am.

It’s frump town over here most days.

Frump.

Town.

Though when I do get dressed up for a special event, it’s extra special. This weekend I’ll be dressed to the nine’s for my brother-in-law’s wedding, complete with sparkly jewelry, an evening clutch, heels, and a cocktail dress. And if I’m lucky, a cocktail in my hand.

Berry lipgloss…much to Eric’s chagrin.

Shimmery eye shadow, black eye liner, and mascara.

I guess I better find that cocktail dress…

Sometimes, though, feeling like a Goddess comes from within. [OK, I might sound like a certain women’s shaving commercial at this point, but go with it.] Sometimes a workout makes me feel like a Goddess. I rocked out a 60 minute spin class this morning and I left dripping in sweat and beet red in the face. Total Goddess.

And often, FOOD makes me feel like a Goddess! That’s the best. Eating a vegan diet makes me feel like a Goddess. No matter what things in my life are going on that make me feel the opposite of a Goddess, sometimes all I need is one rockin’ recipe to give me a kick to my step.

This is that recipe.

IMG 9569 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Have you heard of the famous Green Goddess Dressing which is thought to hail from the Palace Hotel in San Francisco? It’s a pretty big deal. I finally decided that I would make a vegan version, cuz you know, the original has 3 cups of MAYO in it.

I don’t know who equated mayonnaise and feeling like a Goddess, but it must have been a man.

Ladies, this one is for you.

IMG 9510 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

IMG 9524 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Finger-licking good.

IMG 9501 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

The avocado replaced the mayo in this recipe VERY well. Love avocado as a mayo replacer! This dressing would also be amazing poured over my Protein Powder Goddess Bowl. I will be trying that tonight!

IMG 9512 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

I also won’t tell you how much I ate yesterday. That would be embarrassing…

IMG 9555 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

Let’s just say I felt like a Goddess for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

IMG 9567 thumb   Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

P.S.- I had so much fun chatting with you on facebook yesterday! I’m pretty sure my productivity went down about 5 hours, but who’s counting? It’s so fun to get to know you guys on a more interactive level and see your lovely faces.

If you’re looking for me you can find me on Facebook asking random questions, gushing about food, posting pics, and rambling on about body image epiphanies.

A Teenage Gourmet August 5, 2011

Delicious! If it makes you feel better, I had my fair share of Fage Total FroYo yesterday. I’m ready for goddess time! :D

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 5, 2011

That is all.

tweal August 5, 2011

This looks and sounds amazing – what a great green colour! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will try it soon.

No baking in heels, huh? Sounds a bit like me sewing in just my underwear. What can I say, summer is hot and sewing is better when I’m cool :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 5, 2011

This looks AMAZING! Can’t wait to see your wedding outfit! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

me too haha. Must find dress.

Jackie @ That Deep Breath August 5, 2011

Gorgeous green color! Avocado is pretty much amazing

Holly @ The Runny Egg August 5, 2011

I’ve tried Goddess dressing before and I didn’t like it — but seeing the ingredients you used makes me want to try your version — maybe I tried a mayo based one? How could avocado made into a dressing not be delicious?

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) August 5, 2011

this looks gorgeous!!!!

katie@ KatieDid August 5, 2011

I’ve never had the green goddess dressing but I used to ADORE annie’s goddess dressing, until I found out I can’t eat it anymore thanks to it containing gluten. So thanks for an awesome looking alternative because I’m pretty sick of my usual balsamic and olive oil drizzles… they aren’t doing anything for my goddess status!

Apron Appeal August 5, 2011

a salad without dressing is just a veggie tray. I’ve been avoiding salads for the past bit because I want dressing and haven’t found one I like. Can’t wait to try it. Oh and not that I think I’m better than you but if my kitchen looked like the picture you posted…I would think I’ve died and gone to heaven….whenever I walk into the kitchen it seams like all of my baking/cooking supplies just tumble out of the cabinets…they all want to join the party and the clean up is brutal.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 5, 2011

I was turned off by the avocado due to its shelf life, but now that I read it can last a week in the fridge, I plan to put it on my to-try list. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

The week in the fridge is an estimate, but I will update it once I test it out. Also you can make a half batch!

Julie @ Shining From Within August 5, 2011

I want to stick my face in this stuff

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 5, 2011

Oooh yummy! You must have had a boatload of basil delivered recently with all these fabulous recipes this week! Sounds like you had an awesome spin class this morning! :)

Julia August 5, 2011

Love this! Avocado is my fave. How long will this keep in the fridge? Will the avocado turn brown or does all the acid keep it nice and green? Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

I have no idea, but I suspect the ACV and lemon helps preserve it longer. I will update the recipe after I test it and see how long it keeps!

Julia August 5, 2011

awesome, thanks! I will be making this today!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe August 5, 2011

Awesome! I love green goddess dressing but it really is full of some gross stuff. This recipe sounds so light and creamy, perfect!

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy August 5, 2011

This looks so good! Have fun at the wedding cannot wait to see pictures!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit August 5, 2011

haha there is NOTHING Goddess about all that mayo. Yeesh.
When I was recovering from a really dark time, I envisioned myself as a golden goddess and defined what that was for me – strong, independent, confident, loving. I love to draw, so I ended up sketching ‘the golden goddess’ which ended up being an image of me in the lightest most amazing light I could conjure up at the time. It was such a HUGE part of my recovery.
Thanks for the reminder ;)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 5, 2011

Yummy! I feel healthier just looking at its lovely greenness :)

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove August 5, 2011

Thanks for posting this! I have always been kind of freaked out when it comes to mayonnaise (it’s sort of a weird food). To be honest, I won’t even try the vegan version!

I can’t wait to try this!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

I havent tried the vegan version either.

Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) August 5, 2011

Men and mayo just go together huh? I can’t think of anything more disgusting than eating plain straight up non-vegan mayo. YUCK! Love this avocado based dressing! I’ve never made a homemade dressing using avo as the base and am so excited to try! Generally speaking is avo a good equivalent to silken tofu in dressings, puddings, and the like?

Yes I would say so!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes August 5, 2011

I love avocados in dressings! I have to give this one a go!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 5, 2011

I had no idea the original had 3 C of mayo in it! OMG – I can’t believe I ate that.

Julie August 5, 2011

Angela,

I drool reading your posts and love them (and you!) oh so much. How do you contain yourself from eating all the yummy batter, dressings and ingredients before it makes it to the table? I would be 10lbs heavier and never have a real meal because I wouldn’t be able to wait!

Cheers to you and health!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me August 5, 2011

omg I definitely marked this baby. It looks amazing. Avocado is the best thing ever so I just don’t think this could be wrong.

Amanda (Tomboy That Wears Makeup) August 5, 2011

Must try this!! Thanks so much!

Stephanie August 5, 2011

Does anyone know about how many avocados would be 1 cup?

I think it was 2 small

Faith @ For the Health of It August 5, 2011

Girl, you better believe I’ll be making this!!! I see it over brown rice – mmmm!

And I feel ya on the vegan diet – I’ve been slowly transitioning and I love how vibrant and alive it makes me feel!

Lindsey @ Why Just Eat August 5, 2011

This has got to be one of my favorite recipes you’ve ever posted!! here I say that and I haven’t even made it yet – but I will today! Even if I have to bribe the produce guy for ripe avocados :)

jenna August 5, 2011

i love this recipe!! sounds amazing!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing August 5, 2011

So funny — I posted on a vegan green goddess dressing today as well! :) Looks like our versions are different, but a funny coincidence nonetheless. Such a great way to incorporate some of those fresh herbs that are taking over the garden! Great minds think alike?! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

too funny! Soul sistas ;)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 5, 2011

I love the opening part

“However, I don’t always feel like a Goddess in my day to day life. “– really? You don’t feel totally amazing every single day? Ha! What woman (or person) does!

Frump Town? You could never be fully in this category b/c you don’t have a baby yet. Once you become a mother not only are you covered in flour, but all kinds of bodily fluids, too. It’s a different kind of “being covered in”…lol

Seriously though…You are always stunning, Angela, seriously!! You are soooo gorgeous!

And this dressing, also a beauty!

Living, Learning, Eating August 5, 2011

I love creamy green food :)

Thanks for introducing me to green monsters! I’m addicted :P and I just made the *yummiest* one ever: http://livinglearningeating.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/blueberry-green-milkshake/. It had no right to be so delicious!

Glad you like them!!

Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 5, 2011

I think this would be great in a pasta salad! Yum!

Cait's Plate August 5, 2011

Hahaha – I would probably down that entire mason jar in around 15 minutes, so you’re definitely not alone. And I hear ya on the frump town – that’s me on the weekends because those are usually my baking days :)

Bev Weidner August 5, 2011

Seriously, if there was any way I could jump off a diving board into that jar and eat my way out, I would. I totally would.

LOL!!

Beth August 5, 2011

Your Green Goddess Dressing looks like a winner!
The first Green Goddess Dressing I tried was from Elana’s Pantry (http://www.elanaspantry.com/green-goddess-dressing/) and it is fabulous. Also gluten free and vegan.

Andrea B. @ Vegvacious August 5, 2011

Ange — you definitely rock the goddess status every single day! I loved this post – and I love this dressing!!! I will definitely be trying it out on your protein power goddess bowl (it’s one of my faves)! Have fun at the wedding!

Gillian August 5, 2011

mmm that looks amazing!!! and totally reminds me of my childhood being raised by hippies that all referred to themselves as goddesses. haha

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

Are you calling me a hippie? lol jk

Maria August 5, 2011

I’ve been making a vegan goddess dressing for several weeks now, absolutely obsessed with it. Although, I use tahini instead of avocado, and dill as my main herb of choice. I’ve been putting it on everything lately.

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 5, 2011

I’ll be trying that next! It might keep longer with tahini too :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 5, 2011

I’m gong to love this to spice up my salads this summer.

Kris | iheartwellness.com August 5, 2011

HUBBA HUBBA!! Could this dressing get any hotter?! I love how you say you don’t always feel like a goddess, because I think we ALL see you as a goddess…a beautiful one every day :)

Happy Friday Love!