Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

IMG 9188 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

Last weekend, I found myself at the Farmer’s Market ogling fresh blueberries.

Before I left, Eric said, “Don’t bring back more than you can eat,” with a wink. This was surely a challenge.

I left with 2 pounds of blueberries and the complete confidence that I would eat all of them. He obviously doesn’t realize that I’m capable of eating my own weight in pretty much any fruit or vegetable. Eric isn’t a big blueberry fan, so I knew that I was on my own for this match.

This week, I made Blueberry Banana Pie Vegan Overnight Oats (so amazing!)

IMG 6969 2 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

Raw Buckwheat Breakfast Porridge with blueberries and cinnamon.

IMG 8741 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

and now, Blueberry Almond Chia Squares!

IMG 9177 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

And I think I’m starting to turn blue.

IMG 9200 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

IMG 9192 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

As you can see, the blueberries got all gooey and delicious while baking! They are a soft square with a nice chewy texture laced with gooey blueberry ‘jam’. We really enjoyed these and I quickly froze them for my nephews next week.

And I’m seriously craving one after typing up this post! Are blueberry squares good frozen? haha…jk!

IMG 9204 thumb   Blueberry Almond Chia Squares

aaaaaaand…because it’s Friday and we all like to fool off a bit, I thought I would share a few websites that I’m loving lately!

1) Pinterest

“Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.”

If you haven’t signed up for an account yet, you definitely should! You can check out my boards here: http://pinterest.com/ohsheglows/ (especially the animal one!!) I created a board for food, travel, photography, fashion, animal, and home décor inspiration. Ahhhh it’s just addictive for the creative mind.

[Mom you would love this!!!]

2)  Kickstarter

When Eric showed me this website last week, I was absolutely blown away! Kickstarter is the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world. People from all over the world submit their unique project and business ideas and then ‘fundraise’ to pledgers. Some Kickstarters have raised over $100,000 in funding for their business ideas! The cool thing about it is that the pitchers still retain 100% ownership of their business.

3) Non-GMO Shopping Guide

Your guide to buying non-genetically modified products! Amazing, informative website to help you avoid the companies that use GMO’s and support the ones who don’t.

What websites are you loving lately?

kate July 22, 2011

Those bars look amazing I went blueberry picking a few weeks ago and came home with 10lbs hoping to make a few things, unfortunately my bf is a blueberry lover and they were completely gone within a week :( favorite new site, findingvegan.com

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove July 22, 2011

I’m not a big blueberry eater (which is weird because I love so many other fruits), but these look delicious. Maybe I’ll try these anyway… give blueberries a second chance!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 22, 2011

The bars sound lovely! And in my opinion, there are not enough blue foods in this world! (Real ones I mean, blue Kool Aid doesn’t count). I’m totally going to add you to my Pinterest followed boards! I’ve been loving it as well, even though it takes up a ridiculous amount of my time! Have a lovely Friday Ange!

Katie July 22, 2011

I just went strawberry picking and I have a raspberry bush that is going OFF in my backyard right now. I need all the berry recipes I can get!

I’ll probably go blueberry picking in a month too, because I am a glutton for berries and I have a freezer to stock for the winter. :)

Ashley July 22, 2011

I love the sound of these, and I don’t even like fruit in desserts/baked goods! I just made your carrot chia spelt muffins and can’t wait to try one for my morning snack today. :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 22, 2011

Thanks for the explanation of Pinterest. I’ve been hearing so much about it but haven’t caved and actually checked it out yet. I’m hesitant to get involved in yet another social media/internet time suck!

Meredith July 22, 2011

Those bars look FANTASTIC! Definitely need to try them soon, I have a blueberry obsession!

Hayley @ Oat Couture July 22, 2011

Ooh pinterest sounds like a fun way to spend a few hours! :)

Nikki T July 22, 2011

Yay Pinterest!! So addictive…
I just followed you! Love your boards :)

Jen July 22, 2011

I love when blueberries get all gooey. That’s my favorite part about baking something with them. And I love that this recipe can easily be GF by using GF oats! Yay!

As for websites, I love Foodgawker. The amazing photographs always inspire me, and I love that the pictures are all linked to the blogs they came from. So in addition to getting meal ideas, I find new blogs to follow!

Amanda Elliott July 22, 2011

I am OBSESSED with pinterest. My favorite board is my animal one too! The cuteness is out of this world! Here is my animal one: http://pinterest.com/fawnoverthis/animals/

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 22, 2011

heh love the cat with the glasses!

Julie @ Shining From Within July 22, 2011

I hear so much about pinterest!

I am loving blueberries, I have a 1/2 cup of them every morning :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 22, 2011

I recently signed up for Pinterest but I haven’t done anything with it. Seems like a neat idea though.

I love blueberry bars — these look delicious!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet July 22, 2011

I so wish I could go home and make these right now!

brandi July 22, 2011

These look great! We’re obsessed with blueberries right now, too.

Charlie July 22, 2011

These squares look so good! I wish it wasn’t too hot to use my oven :P.
Thanks for sharing the sites! Love the non-GMO guide!

Michelle | Gold-hearted Girl July 22, 2011

Yum! I love bars like this, but I can’t ever justify the amount of sugar in conventional ones. This recipe is great!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 22, 2011

I love blueberries! They’re really expensive here in Ireland though so they’re a treat for me :)

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe July 22, 2011

Gorgeous bars! I was just craving blueberries yesterday and ended up making blueberry muffins, obviously I baked too soon!

Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine July 22, 2011

Those look so delicious. :) Love your photography Angela!

Bethany @ More Fruit Please July 22, 2011

Mmmm… I have a pint of blueberries sitting in my fridge that I think are just begging to be turned into squares now!

Brooke July 22, 2011

All I can think about is Violent Beauregard in Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory!

Brooke Annessa

ittybitsofbalance July 22, 2011

Love chia seeds! Never thought to put them in a bar :) Thanks

LizAshlee July 22, 2011

I love being able to bake with delicious blueberries…oh and you know this girl loves a good bar recipe!

Thanks for the good website info…excited to check ‘em out! Happy Friday!!

Alex @ The Plum Foodie July 22, 2011

Wow.. these blueberry recipes look absolutely delicious – especially the blueberry banana oatmeal. I may have to give that one a whirl this weekend!! As for a website I’m loving lately… I have to say – just researching blogs from peoples’ comments on my favorite pages have really interested me. I love finding new blogs to follow. Just when you think you’ve seen it all, you come across a new and enticing recipe you just can’t wait to try. Love it! Enjoy your weekend!

Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 22, 2011

The gooey blueberries look amazing. I am signed up on Pinterest, but avoiding actually using it as I know I will get totally sucked in!

Lindsey @ Why Just Eat July 22, 2011

I’m so glad you posted this – I have so many chia seeds and can only eat so much oatmeal!

Girl in the pink July 22, 2011

Love that kickstarting website – I’d never heard of it before!

Another deliscious looking recipe to add to my list!

Cait's Plate July 22, 2011

I’ve heard such good things about Pinterest. I really need to get off my butt and check it out!

Those squares look absolutely amazing. Better than anything I could ever buy in a store. Time to franchise our Glo Bakery ;)

OSGMOM July 22, 2011

Thanks so much for the links to Pinterest (LOVE it & can’t wait to use it) Kickstarter (thanks Eric!) is such an interesting concept too. I’ve just bookmarked the three websites and I’ll be spending time on each of these sites.

kris (everyday oats) July 22, 2011

These bars look fantastic! I can eat blueberries til I turn blue. Plus it’s my favorite color anyways :)

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather July 22, 2011

I bet they are good frozen too! The soft blueberries baked in look delicious! Glad you conquered the blueberry challenge!

Heather (heathers dish) July 22, 2011

I want to dive into that batch! The blueberry juice looks Soooo good!

Beach Bum Beauty July 22, 2011

These beauties look chewey and scrumptious. Blueberries are my favourite fruit so am always looking for ideas on what to do with them :-)

Amber K July 22, 2011

If you like Kickstarter, you should definitely check out Kiva.org Empowering those around the world with loans. So far I’ve only helped a classroom get enough money to purchase some books, but there are ALL sorts of ways to help those who need it.

And everyone should also visit think.tv (ignore that Dr. Phil is at the top, unless you actually like him, lol) or especially read the book Think by Lisa Bloom. I didn’t think I’d like it, but as women we need to feed our brains more!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 22, 2011

you pin???? I have got to start following you!

Kelsey July 22, 2011

mouthwatering! you can never have too many blueberries :)

Jenny @ Train for Wellness July 22, 2011

Sometimes it’s like you can read my mind. After making your lightened-up granola last night I was wondering what I was going to do with the leftover applesauce – these look fantastic! I love anything with blueberries.

Stephanie @ Running in the Kitchen July 22, 2011

I love Pinterest! Thanks for the non-GMO website. I’ve been wanting to read more about this.

Zestful Lou July 22, 2011

I am so addicted to tastespotting lately. I spend way too much time on it, but I find myself getting lost in the beautiful pictures and creative recipes!!

Page 1 of 3123»