A Few Screws Loose

Good morning!

IMG 8957   A Few Screws Loose

In the GM: 2 handfuls spinach, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop Vega choc-o-lot, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 frozen banana, 1/4 cup oats.

IMG 8960   A Few Screws Loose

After breakfast and a bit of digesting, Eric and I headed out for a bike-run to kick off this gorgeous morning. We covered about 4 miles in 34 minutes. I love when he comes with me on the bike because he motivates me to push during my runs! He calls himself my ‘coach’. lol. I’ll take whatever I can get…

Like Kale!

IMG 9001   A Few Screws Loose

I pick a bunch of kale each week and then freeze it for quick Green Monsters throughout the week (I used an old frozen mango bag to store it in- maybe it will make the kale sweet? lol)

IMG 8706   A Few Screws Loose

Tomatoes are coming up all over the two plants. I finally convinced Eric to move the tomato plants to the same side as the garden beds, so watering has been a bit easier!

IMG 8967   A Few Screws Loose

The cucumbers are growing like crazy!

Straight ones

IMG 8976   A Few Screws Loose

Curvy ones

IMG 8978   A Few Screws Loose

A family of peppers with a wee little bebe!

IMG 8983   A Few Screws Loose

Banana Peppers

IMG 8987   A Few Screws Loose

Beets & Carrots

IMG 8991   A Few Screws LooseIMG 8992   A Few Screws Loose

More kale…muhauha.

IMG 8999   A Few Screws Loose

And one huge time saver for $9.99. :)

IMG 8974   A Few Screws Loose

We haven’t had rain in over two weeks and I just checked the forecast and we’re not supposed to get a lick of rain for the next 14 days either! This does not bode well for farmers!

Deck updates…

Eric is working on installing some patio stones that the side staircase will rest on.

IMG 9008   A Few Screws Loose

It’s a tough dig & very rocky!

IMG 9013   A Few Screws Loose

The middle staircase is now 100% complete with railings:

IMG 9002   A Few Screws Loose

IMG 9003   A Few Screws Loose

More sanding of railings

IMG 9024   A Few Screws Loose

Eric is almost finished the privacy wall:

IMG 9012   A Few Screws Loose

We used this kit:

IMG 9018   A Few Screws Loose

We’re loving it so far. I like the visibility when it’s open, but it’s nice to be able to close it in case we are up to trouble.

IMG 9005   A Few Screws Loose

IMG 9020   A Few Screws Loose

IMG 9016   A Few Screws Loose

Hopefully we don’t have any screws loose!

IMG 9022   A Few Screws Loose

But I think you already know the answer to that…

I’m off to get ready for a lunch & hike date with Ange! Have a good one.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 17, 2011

I love that fact that your posts are usually up before the rest of the blog world is ;)

Banana peppers are one of my favorite vegetables and those look delicious! I can’t wait to see how you’re going to incorporate them into future recipes

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

you caught me on a good day, lol

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 17, 2011

lol haha hey– At least you have good days!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit July 17, 2011

Wow, I’m totally blown away by your garden. It’s amazing! Kevin and I have been looking for a privacy “screen” kit and have been completely unsuccessful. There was just one rule: I don’t want lattice!! Thanks for sharing that kit with us… I wonder if we have the same thing in Alberta?
Enjoy your lunch with Ange!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

We bought the shutter kit at Home Hardware and Home Depot has them too :)

For the bottom fence part, Eric used fence boards and just figured out on his own.

KC July 17, 2011

I wish you could take some of our Floridian rain. I feel like I haven’t left work once in the last two weeks without a thunderstorm!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 17, 2011

I love the cucumber :) I just posted about 25 pics from the Pride Parade and festivities this weekend :)

And that kale….yum!!!

“My morning started off a bit sluggish, but it was nothing a Green Monster couldn’t handle. “–
Really?
For me it’s nothing that about 32 oz of coffee can’t handle :)

Have a great Sunday!

kaila @ healthy helper! July 17, 2011

Your garden is gorgeous!! Wow I think you can officially say you have a green thumb ange!!!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa July 17, 2011

The deck looks fabulous! I am sure you have been taking full advantage of it this summer!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes July 17, 2011

your garden is fantastic, I would love to have that much Kale in my backyard! Have fun on the hike date :)

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life July 17, 2011

I’m so jealous of your beautiful garden. I live in an apartment, so the best I can muster is some potted basil. Everything looks gorgeous!

Julie @ Shining From Within July 17, 2011

Your deck looks gorgeous! HGTV would be jeaaalous ..I bet the garden adds nice curb appeal ;) oh, and I am guessing you need that privacy fence for all the crazy salad parties you’ll be having hehe

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

exactly! cant have the neighbours seeing how crazy we are.

Alice July 17, 2011

Dear Angela,

I’m a reader from Holland. I really love your blog, your writings are very inspirational and recognizable to me. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us. Just like you I have been starting my own little vegetable garden. However in comparison to your veggies en others mine grow very slow. I was wondering, what kind of soil did you use? I might think that’s the cause of the growing ‘problems’. Luckily the zucchini plant has not very much demands and the first one is coming on. I hope you have a tip for me.
Have a beautiful sunday!

Alice

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 18, 2011

I used organic triple mix :)

Lisa July 17, 2011

You make those green monsters look sooooo good! I need some of those mason jars!

Meesh July 17, 2011

Ohmygoodness your garden looks amazing! I don’t have a green thumb at all, so I am super jealous. Also, your deck looks fantastic!

LizAshlee July 17, 2011

Vega Choc-o-lot is a fav! I love adding it to my green smoothies! The garden looks like it is growing beautifully…way to go green thumb! And, the deck is gorgeous! Yay for great progress all the way around!

Have fun with Ange!

Emily July 17, 2011

Your garden is fantasticccc! And I love the deck, it looks great!

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count July 17, 2011

The deck looks great as do the veggies! Living in New Jersey, we are having the best time with fruits and veggies right now. One of the few reasons to live here! I still haven’t tried a Green Monster. I really need to!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 17, 2011

Look at your gorgeous veggies! I love the pepper family :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 17, 2011

That privacy wall is really neat – I’m sending this link to my father in law who wants something like that but he doesn’t even know it yet :) He was going to plant more trees to give them more privacy, but I think this will work great.

I love the veggies! The baby bell pepper is too cute!

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 17, 2011

I love the veggies! The baby bell pepper is too cute!

Cait's Plate July 17, 2011

Oh my gosh I am absolutely in awe of your garden!! You guys should be so proud of yourself, it’s coming along beautifully (and that’s no easy task!)

Hope you have a fun lunch/hike date :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 17, 2011

I’m obsessed with your deck, it came out so great!
PS- just made your buckwheat porridge for breakfast this morning. Delicious!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

Glad you like it Gina :)

Jessica M. July 17, 2011

Your deck is amazing! I like that you can open the vents on the privacy wall. I hope to steal this idea for our deck. Thanks for the post, Ange!

Jen July 17, 2011

You and Eric are such a powerhouse couple! He’s the ultimate handyman, and you’re the ultimate gardener. The deck and the garden both look great! I want a cucumber!

kris (everyday oats) July 17, 2011

Looks like someone has a green thumb!! :)

Misti July 17, 2011

I am so jealous of your garden! Ours is in a state of hibernation because of the heat. The only thing producing is okra!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

oh man I wished I planted Okra!

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places July 17, 2011

Wow your garden is doing great!
And that deck is looking more and more gorgeous every time! :D
Looks like you guys are going to have a great summer! :D

The Healthy Hipster July 17, 2011

Thanks for giving me my daily dose of green smoothie inspiration, Angela! Lovin the garden pics too! :)

Nikita July 17, 2011

Your garden is looking so beautiful! I’m jealous of all that kale, too! Makes me want a green monster instead of the overnight oats I made myself for breakfast!

Andrea @ Vegvacious July 17, 2011

Your deck is looking fantastic! After all your hard work, you two really need to have a great big deck party!

Ally July 17, 2011

I do that EXACT recipe for green monsters minus the oats. YUM!!!!

Lindsey @ Why Just Eat July 17, 2011

I am so jealous of your garden!! We’ve been in a drought here in CO too – we had less than 6″ of snow all winter. The thunderstorms are helping but we need more for sure. Your hubby is doing a fabulous job on the deck!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 17, 2011

Oooh wow a privacy wall – fancy shmancy!!! I didn’t know that was in the plans too! My morning started off a little sluggish too but a spin class and green monster put me on the right track too. See you soon my dear! :)

Amber K July 17, 2011

Love the veggies in the morning :)

I would totally give you some rain if I could. It is POURING in Oregon right now.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 17, 2011

I just love your deck! It is so beautiful!

Balancing Sylvia July 17, 2011

Eric has truly outdone himself with the deck. You guys have done a fabulous job. All those veggies look like they’re coming along very nicely too. Are you going to be canning anything? or are the leftovers headed for the freezer too?

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 17, 2011

Im not sure I’ll have enough to can this year, but we’ll see! :)

kate July 17, 2011

your garden seriously looks so amazing I am jealous of your kale!!

Alaina July 17, 2011

Your garden looks great!! I can’t wait to grow my own veggies.

And the deck looks fabulous too! I love the black rails.

Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats July 17, 2011

Your garden is really coming along! Thanks for being a green-thumb inspiration to us all! The desk is looking great as well!

Ashley July 17, 2011

Wow…again…I am completely amazed + impressed by this deck!!!!! I just finished a smoothie myself! Have a great Sunday!

doni July 17, 2011

I still have yet to try a GM, and this one looks great! We drink out of a lot of Ball/Mason jars, too :)

Jackie @ That Deep Breath July 17, 2011

Your garden is beautiful! I love watching all the veggies grow…and your deck turned out fantastic!

Page 1 of 212»