Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

IMG_3324

This is a tale of two recipes, both are blue, but one is better than the other!

Up first:

Grumpy Monster Breakfast Blues Sandwich

Inspired by: Old Man Winter

Serving size: Depends on how many people you live with

Ingredients:

• ~1 foot of fresh snow (pee free)
  • 1 Fall on tailbone, or other body part
  • 2 cups of ice (or bag of frozen peas)
  • A dash of Ibuprofen
  • 1 or 2 yoga DVDs (with extra cheeze)

Directions: Unfortunately this recipe needs a bit of tweaking! Do not try this at home. ;)

img_4552

I’m trying my best to tame the grumpy-grumps this morning and stay POSITIVE!

My tailbone isn’t in a ton of pain, just nagging discomfort, but if it keeps up I will have to visit my doctor. I also had to pause my half training, which is a bummer seeing as I’m in week 12 of my training and I’ve been working so hard all Winter.

But, such is life! What can ya do but roll with the punches and make the best of things.

IMG_3340

And by make the best of things, I clearly mean whole grain blueberry breakfast muffins to inject a little cheer into our stormy day! Sun Sometimes homemade food just makes everything better, doesn’t it?

These are the perfect not-too-sweet breakfast muffin, bursting with juicy blueberries to jumpstart your morning.

IMG_3313

When I saw this blueberry muffin recipe on Eggless Cooking the other day, I squealed with excitement. Good looking vegan recipes can do that to a girl.

It also helps that the recipe is thrown together in just minutes flat…

IMG_3280

I tried half of my mini muffins with a streusel topping and half without the topping and I strongly, strongly suggest making the streusel topping. It gave these muffins a little sweet kick! The streusel recipe above is already doubled so it should cover all of your muffins if you make it.

IMG_3283

After baking for about 17 minutes, the result was a mini muffin just oozing with big juicy blueberries!

IMG_3319

We just loved these muffins. They are fairly low in sugar so they won’t give you a sugar crash in the morning which is always nice.

I was really excited for today’s breakfast too…

IMG_3363-2

One word for this breakfast: BLISS.

I’ve got some bakery work to tend to, followed by a dentist appointment, and some (final!) tax stuff. I’m getting all my business stuff organized this week and it hurts so good. Sometimes Spring cleaning isn’t just for the house.

Toodles :)

1 Jen March 24, 2011

Wow It looks so delicious. I love blueberries. Thanks :D

2 Ally March 24, 2011

Ouch, I hope your tailbone feels better soon! I nearly broke mine about three years ago (fell down a flight of uncovered concrete stairs backstage during a dress rehearsal) and it still hurts if I sit at an angle on it for too long :(

3 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 24, 2011

Ugh sorry you fell!! Those muffins do look like they’d do the trick to cheer you up, though! =)

4 Allison @ Food For Healing March 24, 2011

i could really go for a giant muffin right now! those look good.

5 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 24, 2011

blueberry muffins are my FAVORITE MUFFINS!!! ahh i love those melty little buggers!

6 rhea March 24, 2011

MMMMM! That looks delish. I haven’t made muffins in a minute; I might have to make some Strawberry, Banana Nut Butter Love Muffins for my boo, who is coming to stay with me next weekend :)
Weird-ish question: where are your spoons from? The pink mixing spoon and the red oatmeal spoon.

7 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

The pink mixing spoon is from Goulda’s Kitchen and the red spoon is from Crate & Barrel. :)

I totally forgot about those muffins! Ill have to make those too :)

8 rhea March 24, 2011

Wow thanks for the fast reply! My favorite wooden mixing spoon was $2.50 at Crat & Barrel!!
You’re the best, Angela!

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

np :)
I have a bamboo mixing spoon from C&B too and it is my fav :)

10 Sara March 24, 2011

I LOVE blueberry muffins! These look delicious :) PLUS, you can feel a little better about eating them b/c they’re whole wheat and mini – everything’s healthier mini, right?? (j/k)

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Yes…and then you can eat 7 and feel brilliant. ;)

12 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa March 24, 2011

Those look delicious! Glad I just picked up some blueberries at the store yesterday. When blueberry season rolls around, I imagine I will be making these quite a bit. Blueberries are my favorite!

13 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes March 24, 2011

Bluebery muffins are my favourite!

14 Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey March 24, 2011

They look divine!
As soon as blueberry seasons hits us in NC, I’ll definitely be making these.
Bookmarked! :)

~

15 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) March 24, 2011

yum! i just made blueberry oatbran muffins the other day, and now they’re all gone. this look like the perfect replacement :)

16 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 24, 2011

Nothing like blueberries to remind us that spring is coming…eventually. ;) Your photos are beautiful, as always. Hope today is better!

17 Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com March 24, 2011

Wow! These look delicious! Love them crumbled in the voo!

18 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 24, 2011

I love blueberry muffins — and your VOO look phenomenal.

Sorry to hear about your pain — hopefully you’ll feel better soon.

19 Heidi @ Food Doodles March 24, 2011

Yummy! My hubby’s favorite muffins are blueberry. This is my chance to sneak some healthy stuff into his diet, haha.

20 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 24, 2011

“I’m trying my best to tame the grumpy-grumps this morning and stay POSITIVE!” <– you and me both Ange!! This snow is not having the best effect on my mood at all, but I'm trying to remind myself that at least it's sunny!!
These muffins look delicious, and so cute! I can't wait to feast on fresh berries again once they're in season. :)

21 Kaitlyn Nelson March 24, 2011

Oh my goodness, those overnight oates sound so good! Definitely going to have to try those.

22 Heather (heathers dish) March 24, 2011

Ha! At least the first recipe’s title is cute :) the second one sounds way better though :)

23 Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 24, 2011

Both of those look good to me! Although, I love any breakfast that starts with blueberries.

24 shana @100lbsandcounting March 24, 2011

i can’t wait to make/try those muffins! and I just tried VOO for the first time today – delish!

25 jodie March 24, 2011

All in all you can’t go wrong with Brian Kest and blueberry muffins in your day!!

26 Bronwyn March 24, 2011

Yum. Those muffins are both cute and delicious looking. Love me some whole grain muffins without a sugar crash.

27 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious March 24, 2011

Yum & Yum – both recipes look scrumptious!! I have a bunch of frozen blueberries in the freezer from last summer that I need to use up. In fact, I’ve been enjoying whole wheat blueberry/strawberry muffins that I made last weekend!

28 Moni'sMeals March 24, 2011

I will take a half dozen please!

29 Lesley Lifting Life March 24, 2011

I haven’t had a blueberry muffin awhile, but I’ve been on a baking kick lately, so I just might have to make these. My husband loves blueberries, he would be happy ;)

30 Julie @ Shining From Within March 24, 2011

I think you’ve been reading my mind. Yesterday when you posted cookie dough VOO I almost squealed because I was going to make a version of that and then today I was going to make blueberry crumb muffins and top it onto my VOO. LOL. I guess like-wise hungry vegetarian/vegan girls think alike no? ;)

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Yes we do!

32 Destini March 24, 2011

Love these! My fiance LOVES blueberries! Another wonderful post

33 C March 24, 2011

these look so pretty! i love all your recipes but im not vegan so i dont have some of the less typical ingredients. what can i substitute for flaxseed and apple cider vinegar? thx!

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

you might be able to sub the ground flax for an equal portion of flour and the ACV for white vinegar but Im not sure if white vinegar would give them a vinegary taste. It would be an experiment!

35 Alyssa @ fashionfitnessfoodie March 24, 2011

AHHH these look delicious angela :)

36 Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude March 24, 2011

Yummy! Those mini-mufs look tasty :) I’m sorry about your tailbone! Ouchie >.<

37 Christine (The Raw Project) March 24, 2011

These look tasty and fun, thanks! It’s been too long since I’ve had blueberry muffins not being able to find decent vegan options and not much of a baker, but I need to try these. Thanks for the recipe and I hope your tailbone feels better soon!

38 Mama Pea March 24, 2011

You poor thing! Maybe you could get a support pillow until you get things checked out? On a brighter note, those muffins look awesome!

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Good idea :) Ill have to look for a support pillow today. It sucks when sitting is uncomfortable!

40 Alaina Rose @ Sweetness Of Life March 24, 2011

Awww, I’m sorry you hurt yourself! I’m grateful to not live where it snows anymore! :-)

Those muffins look delicious! :-) Mmmmm….

“Sometimes spring cleaning isn’t just for the house.” SO TRUE!

41 Kristina March 24, 2011

Wow! These are beautiful and look so delicious! Yum!

42 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 24, 2011

I’d been workin on my fitness goals for MONTHS now and tweeked a muscle doing pushups and fly’s on my workout ball… It’s been over TWO WEEKS now…. ARGH! I even went to the doc last Wed who said to ‘take it easy’ for the next 5-10 days. 2 more to go (for 10) and I’m still not feeling great… :( I hate being injured! Hoping I can get back to it in the next fews days, but starting to feel like I’m going to need more rest. boooooooo ! Hoping you feel better soon!! Let’s rest ‘together’ ;P

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with an injury! It is NOT fun not being able to doing activity when you desperately want to…when I got injured in 2009 I was off exercise for 2 months. I really dont know how I got through that. I hope we both heal quickly! ;)

44 Molly March 24, 2011

LOL on the Bryan Kest yoga – agree, so good but soooo cheesy!!! Jorts for yoga!?

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

I swear it improves my health just by all the giggling I do!

46 Tulika March 24, 2011

Hope you’re okay!! (Although you made your fall seem really adorable with that 1st recipe, haha!) Those muffins look great–and even better that blueberries are on sale now :D

47 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 24, 2011

Love blueberry muffins! I made some last week with a sugary glaze: http://www.j3nn.net/2011/03/17/muffins-with-an-identity-crisis/

I think they’re a cupcake in disguise, though! ;)

48 Nadine March 24, 2011

The snow! It made me so sad yesterday, but at least today is sunny!
I highly recommend a chiropractor, I’m sure if you fell you probably knocked everything a little out of whack,and its amazing how quickly you can feel better!

49 Charlie March 24, 2011

Yum! These muffins look so good! I have a thing for mini treats ;).

50 Carly March 24, 2011

Ouch, hope your snow disappears quickly!

51 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope March 24, 2011

Love how you photographed the muffins with blueberries! They seriously look AMAZING Angela. And what a great idea to use them in your overnight oats.

Hope your tailbone is back to 100% ASAP!!!

52 Sheila March 24, 2011

Omg, Ang these look insanely delish. I’ve made similar muffins with cherries and added some wheat bran to the whole wheat flour. Gives it a unique texture. Off to add some blueberry muffin makin’ ingredients to my shopping list for this weekend…

53 Baking 'n' Books March 24, 2011

I love this!! Yes. I love crumbling muffins into yogurt “messes” or slathering them in almond butter and apple butter ;) YUM.

LOL @ the # of servings…I live alone but guaranteed nothing stays longer than 2 days around here. Need to start using the freezer…

Are you still accepting Link recipes too out of curiosity? Not to hound you! Just wondering if it is something you’ll continue to do as you desire periodically or if your stopping it? Thanks!

54 Christa March 24, 2011

these look nothing short of scrumptuous! do you think I could sub in half and half of gf oat flour and gf all purpose flour with out having to adjust anything else??

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

i cant see why that wouldnt work! let me know if you try it :) I dont have much experience with GF flour.

56 Val March 24, 2011

With all of these overnight oats recipes, I can’t NOT tell you about Birchermüesli! Have you heard of it/tried it?? It is a Swiss breakfast specialty (similar to your overnight oats) that my husband and I fell in love with on our trip to the Alps. Filling, healthy and ridiculously delicious! The recipe varies from region to region in Switzerland, but my fave version (from the Eastern Alps) is this:

– mix equal parts rolled oats (not quick or instant) and apple juice (or any juice, or milk)
– cover and refrigerate overnight
– in the morning, mix in lots of plain yogurt (or vegan equivalent), 1 grated or finely chopped apple or pear, nuts (any/every kind, chopped slivered or however you like ’em), 1 mashed banana, and muddled fresh and/or frozen berries. You can add honey if you like it sweeter.

I use a mix of fresh and frozen berries (usually fresh strawberries & blueberries, and thawed raspberries from frozen) since the frozen berries turn the whole mix a vibrant pink colour. The mix lasts for a few days in the fridge, so I often make a huge bowl on Sunday and eat it all week. I think you’d like it! =)

57 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Hey Val! Yes I have tried it and it’s delicious! The only reason why I do not make it much is because Im not a big fan of vegan yogurt and dont buy it often. Sometimes I love to make a batch of vegan overnight oats for the entire week and just portion out my serving each morning…soooo quick!

58 VeggieGirl March 24, 2011

OOOH delicious muffins.

Angela, I sent you a facebook message! Please check when you have a spare moment, I’d appreciate it :)

59 Roz March 24, 2011

OWCH!!! Sorry you fell. God, this winter can’t be gone soon enough!!!!!!!!

60 Brandi March 24, 2011

Mmmm I’ll be making these tonight.

On a side note, I can’t find your dal recipe anywhere on your Recipes page…am I blind or has it not been added yet?

61 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 24, 2011

Those are absolutely GORG! I love bluebs, they are kind of my fave. Slash I love all things mini. I think this will work with my gluten-free flour blend!

62 Siobhan @ sio 'n the run March 24, 2011

Ouch! I hope your tailbone heals quickly so that you can get back to training for your half!

And I think I will have to make those bluberry muffins tonight! They look soooo yummy!

63 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 24, 2011

When life gives you the blues, make blueberry muffins! LOVE IT!

64 kate@ahealthypassion March 24, 2011

Ooh blueberry muffins are my ultimate favorite!

65 katie March 24, 2011

I love blueberry muffins! Reminds me of my childhood! Of course they were the muffins made out of the box, not the best kind ; ) but I loved them! Me and my sisters would make them all the time and then fight over who got the biggest muffin! lol!

Have a great day! xo

66 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner March 24, 2011

I hope you get feeling better and that the pain goes away!!

Those muffins look great!! I love blueberries!

67 Justeen @ Blissful Baking March 24, 2011

Those mini blueberry muffins are so adorable and scrumptious-looking! Just the thing to cheer you up when you’re feeling the grumpy-grumps :)

Hope you feel better soon!

68 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 24, 2011

I love the chia oats with blueberries AND the muffins! YUM! I love blueberry anything…they are just such yummy little things!

A Bryan Kest workout dvd…I have practiced with him in person in LA! Great guy! Great teacher. And he was actually my very first teacher’s guru (this was back like 12 years ago). She used to talk about him wayyyyy back in the day. Anyway, just some yoga trivia for you there :)

Oh I saw your comment on Kath’s post about lightroom. Right after she posted it, I posted on lightroom b/c I ordered it and it arrived a half week ago and Ive been playing around with it and I edited some pics that had previously been denied by FG and got two of them in, both yesterday. So I am a Lightroom believer now :)

And I saw your comment to her that you shoot RAW (forgot that you do) and then go back in and “add life”. Someday I want to shoot RAW and then go in and edit. But for now, just shooting in Av and doing some minor editing is about my speed! haha

69 Kristina S March 24, 2011

Angela, these look so delicious!! I’ve been traveling through Spain for the last week, and it’s me vs. ham. I’ve been looking at your recipes everyday, and all I can think about is a home cooked meal. How do you survive while traveling? You should do a blog post with tips!

70 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition March 24, 2011

I tell everyone I know about your blog :)

71 Sruthi @ Exercise, Food & Beyond March 24, 2011

I made whole wheat blueberry muffins last weeks, but your recipe is much more healthier. I will try to use it the next time I make them.

72 Michelle {Minding our Peas and Carrots} March 24, 2011

I can’t wait to try this blueberry muffin recipe! I take my two girls blueberry picking every summer and we pick pounds and pounds (enough to freeze and last all year), so they will be excited to use the berries they picked for these. Thanks!

73 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 24, 2011

Those are seriously bursting with blueberries! I hope you feel less grumpy, winter is a tough one!

74 Sara @ Running In Pink Project March 24, 2011

Those look amazing. I am dying for a weekend at home so I can bake!

75 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 24, 2011

oh wow! these look like the perfect way to use the berries I have in my fridge!!

76 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 24, 2011

Falling on your tailbone is so painful! I’m surprised I haven’t done it yet this winter, being the klutz that I am. :P I hope a few days of rest is all that it needs so that you can get back to your training! And in the meantime, enjoy sitting on the couch and pigging out on these muffins. They look delicious! ;)

77 Kimberly March 24, 2011

Hi Angela! I just wanted to let you know that I made a version of your fruit & nut energy bites and they are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your recipes! I have been an avid reader for quite some time and you come up with some good ones! :) Here is the website if you would like to check out my version! Thanks again! :)

78 Kate - Bread & Chocolate March 24, 2011

I’m going to have to try your blueberry overnight oats! I just can’t get enough of those little berries. After a few sunny days with family in Florida, I just returned home to snow. Noooo! But here’s a spring dish that might cheer you up, featuring seasonal produce: asparagus. Enjoy!

79 Traci(faithfulfoodiefashionista) March 24, 2011

Sending you warm wishes and hopes that the snows melts soooon! These muffins look so good. I’ve actually been craving blueberries lately :)

80 LauraJayne March 24, 2011

That is my all-time favorite Yoga DVD – I love it, and I’m still working up to be able to complete the third workout!

81 Emily March 24, 2011

Just made these. I didn’t have quite enough blueberries so I added in some raspberries too. They were so good!

82 Alicia March 24, 2011

I can’t wait to try these. I am SO glad I found your site and am dying to try a lot of your recipes. Thanks!!

83 Madhuram March 24, 2011

Hi Angela, thanks a lot for trying the recipe. I’ll definitely try the topping the next time I bake these muffins.

84 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 24, 2011

BLUE bliss! I have been craving a muffin all day, these look fantastic! I love that they are 100% whole grain. Whenever something isn’t, I’m like, why not?!

85 Rebecca March 24, 2011

This post is cute in so many ways!! Your “Grumpy Monster” sandwhich made me giggle…and those muffins (almost called them munchkins! haha) look adorably scrumptious. I love foods in miniature sizes…they make eating so much more fun! ;) And now that warm weather is coming (positive thinking, right?), I’m going to have to get on my VOO.

86 Ashley March 24, 2011

I made breakfast buckwheat muffins this morning! Love the blueberries and spectacular photos!

87 laura March 24, 2011

Those looks absolutley delicious!
Blueberries are tha bomb :)

88 Lana March 24, 2011

Those muffins would definitely have cheered me up! They are soooo cute. Muffins can be cute right?! lol

89 kaila @ healthy helper! March 24, 2011

Let me just say. your pictures are beautiful! They are so crystal clear and vibrant. Like a professional photographer for sure!

90 allison March 24, 2011

I LOVE YOGA!!! Do you recommend the Bryan Kest DVD?

Hope your tush feels better :)

91 Leslie Paquette March 25, 2011

Hope your behind heals quickly :)

Those look amazing, I will probably make them this weekend. Do you think I could make regular sized muffins? I don’t have a mini muffin pan. Also, do you think spelt flour would work? I’ve been using it in everything I make lately thanks to your blog. Thanks, Leslie

92 Siobhan March 25, 2011

I LOVE this recipe! especially love blueberries :) yum yum yum
My friends are always somehow surprised by these delicious vegan recipes. thank you so much for keeping them coming!!! :)

Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor for your tailbone pain? a natural and practical method of healthcare. Must be something going on that needs attending to.. just a thought..

93 Andrea March 25, 2011

I made these muffins last night, and they are super delicious! Thanks for the recipe :) Even my breakfast-hating boyfriend took 2 of these for breakfast this morning, and loved them!

94 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite March 25, 2011

These look fantastic! I love your idea of crumbling the muffin into the oats…genius!

95 Nikki T March 25, 2011

Made these muffins last night…they are the BEST muffins I’ve ever had!!!
The husband loved them too! And I had to send a couple home with a friend of ours who was over last night…
Looks like I will have to whip up another batch this weekend!

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 25, 2011

thats great! Thanks Nikki :)

97 Katie G. March 25, 2011

These.Look.Amazing!! I will definitely have to try! I am new to trying out the vegan thing and LOVE all of your recipes! The Mac and Cheese is on my dinner plans list for next week!

98 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 25, 2011

Those are so cute! Mini foods are just so much fun. I’ve been obsessed with mini foods lately. First mini lentil loafs, then mini pb mocha muffins now I must make these!

Hope your tailbone gets better soon!

99 Cara @ eat.pray.run March 25, 2011

I am searching for a treat to make this weekend and these look PERFECT! Vegan AND will carry well into next week for breakfast! Thanks for sharing :)

100 Hilary March 25, 2011

YUMMY! And those muffins are too cute!

101 Celine Liv March 26, 2011

Hope you feel better!!!
These muffins look delicious! I am going to to try the recipe today! So excited!
Quick question – can i make them w/o the vinegar? Like, what does vinegar do? Do you add the milk/vinegar mix to oil, syrup and extracts then combine it with the dry ingredients?
OK i just read my question and it sounds stupid but i am rather new to baking :)) Thanks Angela :)

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 27, 2011

Hey Celine,

The vinegar + non dairy milk acts as a ‘buttermilk’ vegan substitute. I found this info online that may help you:

“You can make your own buttermilk using lemon juice or vinegar:

For each cup required: place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add in soy milk to equal 1 cup. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes. Rice milk does not work as well because of the lower protein content.

If you are thinking about substituting buttermilk for regular milk in a recipe or a prepared mix, proceed carefully, because the extra acid in the buttermilk will throw off the chemistry of the baking soda or baking powder. For each cup of buttermilk you add to a recipe that you are converting, you need to reduce the baking powder and add in baking soda. If the recipe uses enough baking powder, reduce it by 2 teaspoons and add in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for each cup of buttermilk. If the recipe uses less than 2 tsp baking powder, then reduce it by 1 teaspoon and add in 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda for each cup of buttermilk.” from: http://www.goodbaker.com/qa10.html

103 Hannah March 26, 2011

Oh gosh, I just made not-too-sweet vegan carrot muffins, and wish I hadn’t because I want these instead :P

104 nada March 27, 2011

love your receipies and always try them (soo yummmy). i tried the muffins but they didnt look as your muffins in the pic. i used the exact same ingridients but my muffins didnt ‘puff’, they tasted a bit bitter, and were very moist in the middle. what went wrong??!! any idea?!

105 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 27, 2011

Hey nada!

Sorry that your muffins didnt turn out great! Can I ask if you used frozen blueberries? I’m wondering if they do not produce the same results.

106 Nada March 27, 2011

Yeah they were frozen

107 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 27, 2011

Ok, thanks for letting me know. The original recipe said frozen worked too, but I will update the recipe to just using fresh berries.

108 Lindsey March 27, 2011

Oh my gosh I’m such a nerd… I made these muffins this morning and completely forgot to put the blueberries in them! I didn’t realize until I took them out of the oven. I don’t think baking in the morning is a good idea for me. However, the muffins are still really good! Thanks for the recipe!

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 28, 2011

HAHA!!!! Oh my gosh that is so funny! Glad they still tasted good ;)

110 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 27, 2011

Awwwweee! Those are so cute! I love blueberry muffins! I can’t wait to crumble one of these on my oats! :D

111 Lauren @ Sassy Molassy March 27, 2011

ANgela – I made these tonight and they were FABULOUS! I used frozen blueberries but let them defrost for maybe an hour on the counter. I also was nearly out of maple syrup and subbed some of it with brown sugar. They came out deliciously!! This is a definite recipe that I’ll make again and again. Great for taking to a brunch or when company comes to visit!

112 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 28, 2011

Thank you Im happy to hear they were enjoyed!

113 Myra March 28, 2011

i stumbled upon this recipe over the weekend, and have already made two batches! They’re so tasty and moist! For my second batch, I also threw in some frozen cranberries! Thanks so much!

114 Angela (Oh She Glows) March 28, 2011

Hey Myra, Thanks for your feedback. Frozen cranberries sounds like a great add in!

115 Frances March 29, 2011

These look amazing! Love anything blueberry!

116 Ann March 30, 2011

I can’t wait to try these muffins! I love traditional muffins, but they really aren’t all that different from cupcakes and I get hungry about three minutes after eating one. I expect this has a bit more staying power!
And hope you heal soon, winter needs to END!

117 Crystal May 25, 2012

I make these all the time and I was wondering what I am doing wrong, they taste amazing but they are a little dry. I’m allergic to almonds so I leave the almond extract out but other than that, I follow the recipe completely.

118 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 25, 2012

Hey Crystal, hmm maybe my baking time is off in the directions? How long do you bake them for?

119 Crystal May 25, 2012

I actually do bake them for 10-12 minutes because my oven cooks things a little fast. They arent too dry to eat, just a lil dry going down… Someone told me to add a lil banana purée to get that moistness I’m looking for but I wanted to check with you first.

120 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 26, 2012

yea that might be a good idea! I will have to work on the recipe again :)

121 Amanda May 30, 2012

Just made these this morning. They were delicious and nice looking, too. I loved the whole-wheat with blueberry, the gentle mapley sweetness in the muffin, and the touch of streusel sweetness on top. Thanks!

122 Linda June 25, 2012

Made the blueberry muffins over the weekend. Really very good muffins and have kept very well. I am a brand new fan and we watch a lot of hockey too :) Hometown team is the Pens :)

123 marisa August 28, 2012

How many normal size muffins will this make?

124 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 28, 2012

Probably 11-12 :)

125 marisa August 28, 2012

Thanks!

126 Kristan September 10, 2012

I’m looking forward to making these, but I’m a member of Weight Watchers and wondering if I could sub using half applesauce and half evoo for the full 1/4 cup of olive oil?

127 Alicia November 10, 2012

Hey Angela,

I baked these muffins for a youth homeless shelter yesterday! They turned out wonderful and I thought you would be happy to hear how your baking is positively influencing the world around you :) Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! Looking forward to many more.

128 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2012

That’s great to hear Alicia! Thanks for letting me know.

129 Paulina December 24, 2012

Making those today! YUMMM

130 Paulina December 24, 2012

These are delish!

131 Leslie January 14, 2013

I just wanted to say that I found your website while looking for a recipe like this one. I just made these, and they are amazing! My bf loved them, and he is a sugar fiend (hence the sugar free attempts). I’m definitely going to make them again!

132 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 14, 2013

Hi Leslie, I’m so glad to hear this! Thank you for trying them out

133 Rebecca May 16, 2013

Made these today for the second time. I could eat this forever. This makes the best batter ever! I literally licked the bowl!

134 Rebecca May 16, 2013

The muffins!! Haha The muffins is what I made! SOOO easy too!

135 Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile June 13, 2013

Hey Angela! These are another job well done. I know they’re from over two years ago but I was craving blueberry muffins (& had some requests from the fam) and I know I can always trust your recipes :) I went ahead and used almond milk because I love its creamy texture and rich flavor so much. For the flax seed I used Trader Joe’s Ground Flax Seed with Blueberries. Also, instead of doing a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose, I just used white whole wheat to make my life easier ;) I doubled the amount of cinnamon because I’m a cinnamon girl and I used 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce instead of the olive oil. All of my substitutions worked out perfectly! I love the texture of the muffins too….so spongy!

136 tinymousebaker September 23, 2013

I recently made these muffins and they came out too spongy! What do you think went wrong? I should probably add that I am new at baking…maybe that’s what it is! LOL

137 Trisha September 24, 2013

Hi! Love your website! I made the same blueberry muffins from the eggless cooking website. I find that my muffins are too spongy! What can I do differently next time? Thanks!

138 Chamsa December 31, 2013

Going to a New Year’s Day brunch tomorrow and wanted to bring something vegan. I found this recipe and it was perfect, especially since I had all the ingredients. I only had frozen blueberries and was a little worried based on your comment that they might be too wet. So, I thawed them on the counter for a few hours before and the muffins turned out great. I made them exactly as is, using soy milk, and baked them for 17 minutes. They turned out moist, not too wet, and very fluffy. The streusel topping is a key component giving the muffins *some* sweetness. I made 29 mini muffins.

139 Austin January 1, 2014

I made a double batch of these for a New Year’s Day brunch today and they turned out fabulously! I used coconut milk for the non-dairy milk, brown sugar instead of turbinado for the streusel and skipped the almond extract because I didn’t have any on hand. I also made regular sized muffins instead of minis and baked them for 22 mins. Perfection!

140 Jade January 19, 2014

Loved the recipe :) However, I substituted coconut oil for the olive oil. Of course you may take this with a grain of salt 8-D – there is always new/conflicting information being shared – but according to information I have found, olive oil is not heat stable and its compound changes when heated to high temperatures becoming potentially carcinogenic, and therefore it’s better to use a more heat stable oil for sautéing, baking etc., such as coconut, grapeseed oils, canola oil etc.. I was first exposed to this info in Kim Bardouin’s Skinny Bitch cookbook, as well as Alicia Silverstone’s Kind Diet. Thanks for taking the time to share so many delicious recipes – its definitely nice to find healthy, delicious, dependable recipes (that impress even the most hard-core carnivore) here on your website:)

141 Alicia February 6, 2014

I only have regular sized muffin pans. What adjustments should I make to ensure that they turn out okay? Thanks for the recipe! I can’t wait to try it :)

142 Ayshan June 18, 2014

I made these today for my family and I, there are no words to describe these. They were literally gone in just 20 minutes. Thank you for this delicious recipe ^_^

P.S. – I’ll be making more of these tomorrow

143 Lisa October 22, 2014

I just found your recipe for the Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins. Forgive me for being literal but in your instructions you say to take the apple cidar vinagar and mix it with the non dairy milk and set aside. Does that mix in with the other wet ingredients (the oil, syrup and extracts) I would assume so, but being that i am not the best baker, i just wanted to confirm! :) I love your blog and have shared your recipes with many friends. Thank you for sharing your yummy recipes!

144 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 25, 2014

Hi Lisa,

Yes you would add it to the wet ingredients. I just clarified it in the recipe. Thanks!

145 Lisa January 26, 2015

I made these muffins and took them to work, and they were a HUGE hit! I love the blueberries in them, but I was wondering if substituting bananas might work as well so as to have a fantastic banana mini muffin recipe too.

Thanks for your great recipes!

146 plasterer bristol March 15, 2016

Gteat recipe, thanks for shharing this. sounds delicious.

Simon