Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

IMG 33241   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

This is a tale of two recipes, both are blue, but one is better than the other!

Up first:

Grumpy Monster Breakfast Blues Sandwich

Inspired by: Old Man Winter

Serving size: Depends on how many people you live with

Ingredients:

• ~1 foot of fresh snow (pee free)
  • 1 Fall on tailbone, or other body part
  • 2 cups of ice (or bag of frozen peas)
  • A dash of Ibuprofen
  • 1 or 2 yoga DVDs (with extra cheeze)

Directions: Unfortunately this recipe needs a bit of tweaking! Do not try this at home. ;)

img 4552   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

I’m trying my best to tame the grumpy-grumps this morning and stay POSITIVE!

My tailbone isn’t in a ton of pain, just nagging discomfort, but if it keeps up I will have to visit my doctor. I also had to pause my half training, which is a bummer seeing as I’m in week 12 of my training and I’ve been working so hard all Winter.

But, such is life! What can ya do but roll with the punches and make the best of things.

IMG 3340   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

And by make the best of things, I clearly mean whole grain blueberry breakfast muffins to inject a little cheer into our stormy day! wlEmoticon sun3   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins Sometimes homemade food just makes everything better, doesn’t it?

These are the perfect not-too-sweet breakfast muffin, bursting with juicy blueberries to jumpstart your morning.

IMG 3313   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

When I saw this blueberry muffin recipe on Eggless Cooking the other day, I squealed with excitement. Good looking vegan recipes can do that to a girl.

It also helps that the recipe is thrown together in just minutes flat…

IMG 3280   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

I tried half of my mini muffins with a streusel topping and half without the topping and I strongly, strongly suggest making the streusel topping. It gave these muffins a little sweet kick! The streusel recipe above is already doubled so it should cover all of your muffins if you make it.

IMG 3283   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

After baking for about 17 minutes, the result was a mini muffin just oozing with big juicy blueberries!

IMG 3319   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

We just loved these muffins. They are fairly low in sugar so they won’t give you a sugar crash in the morning which is always nice.

I was really excited for today’s breakfast too…

IMG 3363 2   Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Breakfast Muffins

One word for this breakfast: BLISS.

I’ve got some bakery work to tend to, followed by a dentist appointment, and some (final!) tax stuff. I’m getting all my business stuff organized this week and it hurts so good. Sometimes Spring cleaning isn’t just for the house.

Toodles :)

Jen March 24, 2011

Wow It looks so delicious. I love blueberries. Thanks :D

Ally March 24, 2011

Ouch, I hope your tailbone feels better soon! I nearly broke mine about three years ago (fell down a flight of uncovered concrete stairs backstage during a dress rehearsal) and it still hurts if I sit at an angle on it for too long :(

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 24, 2011

Ugh sorry you fell!! Those muffins do look like they’d do the trick to cheer you up, though! =)

Allison @ Food For Healing March 24, 2011

i could really go for a giant muffin right now! those look good.

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 24, 2011

blueberry muffins are my FAVORITE MUFFINS!!! ahh i love those melty little buggers!

rhea March 24, 2011

MMMMM! That looks delish. I haven’t made muffins in a minute; I might have to make some Strawberry, Banana Nut Butter Love Muffins for my boo, who is coming to stay with me next weekend :)
Weird-ish question: where are your spoons from? The pink mixing spoon and the red oatmeal spoon.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

The pink mixing spoon is from Goulda’s Kitchen and the red spoon is from Crate & Barrel. :)

I totally forgot about those muffins! Ill have to make those too :)

rhea March 24, 2011

Wow thanks for the fast reply! My favorite wooden mixing spoon was $2.50 at Crat & Barrel!!
You’re the best, Angela!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

np :)
I have a bamboo mixing spoon from C&B too and it is my fav :)

Sara March 24, 2011

I LOVE blueberry muffins! These look delicious :) PLUS, you can feel a little better about eating them b/c they’re whole wheat and mini – everything’s healthier mini, right?? (j/k)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Yes…and then you can eat 7 and feel brilliant. ;)

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa March 24, 2011

Those look delicious! Glad I just picked up some blueberries at the store yesterday. When blueberry season rolls around, I imagine I will be making these quite a bit. Blueberries are my favorite!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes March 24, 2011

Bluebery muffins are my favourite!

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey March 24, 2011

They look divine!
As soon as blueberry seasons hits us in NC, I’ll definitely be making these.
Bookmarked! :)

~

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) March 24, 2011

yum! i just made blueberry oatbran muffins the other day, and now they’re all gone. this look like the perfect replacement :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 24, 2011

Nothing like blueberries to remind us that spring is coming…eventually. ;) Your photos are beautiful, as always. Hope today is better!

Jennifer @ keepitsimplefoods.com March 24, 2011

Wow! These look delicious! Love them crumbled in the voo!

Holly @ The Runny Egg March 24, 2011

I love blueberry muffins — and your VOO look phenomenal.

Sorry to hear about your pain — hopefully you’ll feel better soon.

Heidi @ Food Doodles March 24, 2011

Yummy! My hubby’s favorite muffins are blueberry. This is my chance to sneak some healthy stuff into his diet, haha.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 24, 2011

“I’m trying my best to tame the grumpy-grumps this morning and stay POSITIVE!” <– you and me both Ange!! This snow is not having the best effect on my mood at all, but I'm trying to remind myself that at least it's sunny!!
These muffins look delicious, and so cute! I can't wait to feast on fresh berries again once they're in season. :)

Kaitlyn Nelson March 24, 2011

Oh my goodness, those overnight oates sound so good! Definitely going to have to try those.

Heather (heathers dish) March 24, 2011

Ha! At least the first recipe’s title is cute :) the second one sounds way better though :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet March 24, 2011

Both of those look good to me! Although, I love any breakfast that starts with blueberries.

shana @100lbsandcounting March 24, 2011

i can’t wait to make/try those muffins! and I just tried VOO for the first time today – delish!

jodie March 24, 2011

All in all you can’t go wrong with Brian Kest and blueberry muffins in your day!!

Bronwyn March 24, 2011

Yum. Those muffins are both cute and delicious looking. Love me some whole grain muffins without a sugar crash.

Andrea B. @ Vegvacious March 24, 2011

Yum & Yum – both recipes look scrumptious!! I have a bunch of frozen blueberries in the freezer from last summer that I need to use up. In fact, I’ve been enjoying whole wheat blueberry/strawberry muffins that I made last weekend!

Moni'sMeals March 24, 2011

I will take a half dozen please!

Lesley Lifting Life March 24, 2011

I haven’t had a blueberry muffin awhile, but I’ve been on a baking kick lately, so I just might have to make these. My husband loves blueberries, he would be happy ;)

Julie @ Shining From Within March 24, 2011

I think you’ve been reading my mind. Yesterday when you posted cookie dough VOO I almost squealed because I was going to make a version of that and then today I was going to make blueberry crumb muffins and top it onto my VOO. LOL. I guess like-wise hungry vegetarian/vegan girls think alike no? ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Yes we do!

Destini March 24, 2011

Love these! My fiance LOVES blueberries! Another wonderful post

C March 24, 2011

these look so pretty! i love all your recipes but im not vegan so i dont have some of the less typical ingredients. what can i substitute for flaxseed and apple cider vinegar? thx!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

you might be able to sub the ground flax for an equal portion of flour and the ACV for white vinegar but Im not sure if white vinegar would give them a vinegary taste. It would be an experiment!

Alyssa @ fashionfitnessfoodie March 24, 2011

AHHH these look delicious angela :)

Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude March 24, 2011

Yummy! Those mini-mufs look tasty :) I’m sorry about your tailbone! Ouchie >.<

Christine (The Raw Project) March 24, 2011

These look tasty and fun, thanks! It’s been too long since I’ve had blueberry muffins not being able to find decent vegan options and not much of a baker, but I need to try these. Thanks for the recipe and I hope your tailbone feels better soon!

Mama Pea March 24, 2011

You poor thing! Maybe you could get a support pillow until you get things checked out? On a brighter note, those muffins look awesome!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Good idea :) Ill have to look for a support pillow today. It sucks when sitting is uncomfortable!

Alaina Rose @ Sweetness Of Life March 24, 2011

Awww, I’m sorry you hurt yourself! I’m grateful to not live where it snows anymore! :-)

Those muffins look delicious! :-) Mmmmm….

“Sometimes spring cleaning isn’t just for the house.” SO TRUE!

Kristina March 24, 2011

Wow! These are beautiful and look so delicious! Yum!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 24, 2011

I’d been workin on my fitness goals for MONTHS now and tweeked a muscle doing pushups and fly’s on my workout ball… It’s been over TWO WEEKS now…. ARGH! I even went to the doc last Wed who said to ‘take it easy’ for the next 5-10 days. 2 more to go (for 10) and I’m still not feeling great… :( I hate being injured! Hoping I can get back to it in the next fews days, but starting to feel like I’m going to need more rest. boooooooo ! Hoping you feel better soon!! Let’s rest ‘together’ ;P

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with an injury! It is NOT fun not being able to doing activity when you desperately want to…when I got injured in 2009 I was off exercise for 2 months. I really dont know how I got through that. I hope we both heal quickly! ;)

Molly March 24, 2011

LOL on the Bryan Kest yoga – agree, so good but soooo cheesy!!! Jorts for yoga!?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 24, 2011

I swear it improves my health just by all the giggling I do!

Tulika March 24, 2011

Hope you’re okay!! (Although you made your fall seem really adorable with that 1st recipe, haha!) Those muffins look great–and even better that blueberries are on sale now :D

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 24, 2011

Love blueberry muffins! I made some last week with a sugary glaze: http://www.j3nn.net/2011/03/17/muffins-with-an-identity-crisis/

I think they’re a cupcake in disguise, though! ;)

Nadine March 24, 2011

The snow! It made me so sad yesterday, but at least today is sunny!
I highly recommend a chiropractor, I’m sure if you fell you probably knocked everything a little out of whack,and its amazing how quickly you can feel better!

Charlie March 24, 2011

Yum! These muffins look so good! I have a thing for mini treats ;).

Page 1 of 3123»