Peppermint Patty Green Monster

IMG 2704 2 4   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

Back in our University days, we would often line up at Irish Pubs to drink green beer on St. Patty’s Day, all decked out in green St. Patty’s Day paraphernalia and faces decorated with four leaf clovers. There would be line-ups at the pubs by 10am on St. Patty’s Day; all the students were eager to get their fix of Green Beer and a day of skipped classes!

Yesterday, I thought I would remake the green beer, Green Monster style, all without a hangover by 3pm! And if you are going out to celebrate on Thursday you can start your day on the right foot, giving you some green power that would make even the Irish green with envy.

IMG 2710 2   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

Did you just hear that?

It was the sound of my Irish relatives laughing at me while they drink their Guinness. They’re just jealous.

IMG 2704 7   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

I loved this GM…very minty and fresh!

IMG 2715 2   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

In other news, this morning marked my very first Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait of 2011.

IMG 2742   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

If you are new to the blog, you may not know about these VOO Parfaits that I started making last Spring. You can see a bunch of them on my recipes page here. Today I made Strawberry Banana Soft Serve and layered it with carob Vegan Overnight Oats.

IMG 2722   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

Delish!

IMG 2735   Peppermint Patty Green Monster

But COLD. Very, very cold. I froze while eating this (it was –6C when I got up this morning) and I needed a lot of green tea afterwards. I can’t wait until I am enjoying these on the deck this summer!

Updates:

- My apologies for the blog down time yesterday. Dreamhost had a site-wide outage yesterday morning and my blog was down for about 3 hours.

- I’m also thinking about doing a Japan Relief Fundraiser, auctioning off a bunch of Glo Bars in a raffle. Would you guys be interested in that? I have been looking and looking for a website in Canada where I can create a donation page, but so far no such luck. If anyone knows of how I can do it, I would love your tips!

Kayla @ Fitter Than Choc March 15, 2011

Look at that! I would rather have this than a green beer (I don’t really know what that is actually). This has inspired me to make a green drink on St Pat’s day!

lindsey March 15, 2011

Oh, I wish my mint was ready for harvest! I’ll have to get some at the store to make this – my boys would LOVE this!

I’ve been cooking off of your blog all week. So lovely. I’m completely and totally hooked on your VOO parfaits. My husband and kids are hooked on them too. We decide on new flavors at night and assemble in the morning. Tons of healthy fun!

Lynna March 15, 2011

Yum! I don’t know why I’ve never added mint to a GM before! I’m going to have to try this, it looks and sounds delicious.

Hannah March 16, 2011

Hah, funny, my blog is with Bluehost and it’s down right now! I wish I had a Patty Monster to soothe the irritation…

Marit March 16, 2011

I’m in for the fundraiser!
I suggest you get a paypal thing going and then contact save the children, red cross or the salvation army for details of who to contact. i bet the UN has a helpline too.
I feel so sorry for all those children i had to turn the news off last night. i could not watch…
Proves the point tho that nature is stronger than any human and mother nature will reclaim her earth as she pleases.
Not being prophetic here, just pragmatic…

brooke March 17, 2011

Oh, totally making this tomorrow! Going to freeze a banana now… :)

Marisa March 18, 2011

Hard to decide which looks better – the shake or the oats! Just had to also say I love love love your blog! Keep up the good work.

Meaghan March 19, 2011

As it’s girl scouts season, I tried this with thin mints too–Added 2 into the blend and saved 1 for the garnish. Tasty!

Ashley @ Taste for Healthy March 29, 2011

Peppermint Patty Green Monster= BEST GREEN SMOOTHIE EVER!! I will be making this VERY often. Thank you Angela!!

Vivian Leung April 12, 2011

Finally decided to try my first green monster ever and thought this would be a safe one since it looks like an ice cream milk shake.

new. life. addiction.

Thanks a lot for the great recipe introducing me to the world of green monsters!

Vivian

Mary April 11, 2013

This Green Monster is DElicious! I have several types of mint growing in my yard . . . and what I used for the smoothie was chocolate mint. It literally tasted like a milkshake made with mint chocolate chip ice cream! No extract needed!

jacquie June 10, 2013

I really liked this!! I used fresh mint from my garden patch, I did not add peppermint extract, glad I didn’t it would probably be too minty

adriane December 11, 2013

my daughter is a peppermint girl and being that she is ten this is definitely our favorite saint patty’s drink by far, thank you :)

crystal heels April 3, 2014

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie.

I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to
let you know. The design look great though! Hope you
get the issue fixed soon. Many thanks

archana May 4, 2014

I used McCormick’s Peppermint Extract and only added 2 drops per cup of smoothie and the smoothie tastes slightly bitter. Is this expected? Does anyone else experience the same problem?

Natasha September 29, 2014

I made this this afternoon and it was delicious, I am just wondering how many calories are in the serving.

Page 3 of 3«123