Project Food Blog Challenge #3: Luxury Dinner Party

Hi folks, this poet is back for Challenge number three!

For this, we were asked to host a luxury dinner party,

20101002-IMG_4199

It should have much style and be personal too,

20101002-IMG_4054

So here’s what I did to express myself to you…

20101002-IMG_4069

I present to you our first ever Vegan Thanksgiving,

We would eat delicious food but nothing once living,

20101002-IMG_4125

Wait!

Don’t leave, I promise this meal is delicious!

I have some organic wine to persuade you (and it’s totally nutritious).

20101002-IMG_4212

I’d love for you to join us, come wine and dine,

20101002-IMG_8865

Us adults and the kids, we had a delicious time!

(However, if I said there were leftovers I’d be lying…)

You see, the word Vegan often makes people cringe in fear,

20100916-IMG_2083

But I’m here to show you Vegan can be tasty and spread lots of cheer!

20101001-IMG_3948

My challenge to you is to create new and fun traditions,

Print off this guide should you wish, to help you on your mission.

[Yes, I typed up 16 recipes as a fun little addition]

20101001-IMG_3909

But do as I say, not exactly as I do,

It wouldn’t be my dinner party without a funny flop or two…

20101003-IMG_8886

[Hopefully incinerated pecans won’t happen to you…]

All week I have been testing and experimenting so,

You can follow this plan and your own meal will glow.

20101002-IMG_4265

So here is what I served, starting with the delicious wine,

A couple glasses down the hatch and you will really shine.

20101002-IMG_4267

20101003-IMG_8899

Throw on some high heels and a cute little frock,

Soon your man will want to help you around the clock. ;)

20101002-IMG_4194

Follow the wine with Eggplant Toasts and Lemon Cashew Cheese,

A fun twist on traditional Bruschetta, they are the bees knees.

20101002-IMG_8800

20101002-IMG_4129

Now for the Cranberry, Pear, and Candied Pecans on Greens,

Always start off light to feel like a Queen.

20101002-IMG_4241

To round it out, some Roasted Nuts in a Rosemary Glaze,

Oh boy did these nuts incite quite the praise.

20100930-IMG_3780

As you can see the appetizers were light,

To make sure you save room for the main course delight…

20101002-IMG_4113-2

20101002-IMG_8816

First up, ‘Frank Approved’ Glazed Walnut Loaf and Gravy for our roast,

If you’re wondering about Frank you’ll find out at the end of this post!

20101002-IMG_8826

Nope, This Ain’t Grandma’s Sweet Potato Casserole,

20101002-IMG_4262

But this dish was at the top of my dinner party poll!

Now for the High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a secret twist,

20100908IMG_2684_thumb

Even my bean hating husband just could not resist.

20101002-IMG_8876

Homemade Fluffy White Dinner Rolls with ‘butter’,

20101002-IMG_4078

These rolls made my guest’s hearts go all a flutter.

20100929-IMG_3649

Hmm what’s missing, oh that’s right delicious veggies on the side!

20101002-IMG_4026

Olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon had our guests enjoying Brussels with pride.

20101002-IMG_4247

And last but not least these beautiful, yet bitter berries…

20100930-IMG_3679

Were made into a sauce with a visit from the maple syrup fairy.

20100930-IMG_3711

Now for the grand finale, loosen your belt a notch or three,

I actually prefer to wear an empire waist and set my food baby free.

20101002-IMG_8875

For dessert, Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream,

20101001-IMG_3957

This spicy luscious frosting made everyone beam.

And now I present, the smashing hit of the night…

20101002-IMG_3991  20101002-IMG_4025

Chocolate brownie,

20101002-IMG_4091

Pumpkin Pie,

20101002-IMG_4096

And pecan crunch delight.

20101002-IMG_4102

With silence and smiles, we devoured every last bite!

20101002-IMG_8854

Now before I go, I have a few secrets to share,

On How to Host a Thanksgiving Dinner Party with Flare.

20101002-IMG_4047

No need to break your budget just a few dollars will do,

Hit up the Dollarstore for placemats, decorations, baskets, and a stick of glue!

20101002-IMG_4075

20101002-IMG_4082 20101002-IMG_3996

Next, the grocery store for gourds, pumpkins, and some fruit,

20101002-IMG_4115

Just look at those place settings, they were easy and disgustingly cute!

20101002-IMG_4056

Get some inspiration from food magazines and books,

20101001-IMG_3972-2 20101001-IMG_3969

Gather your clippings and recipes then set off to COOK!

20100930-IMG_3733

Last but not least, my favourite secret to share…

20101002-IMG_4041

Surprise your guests with take-home baskets of delicious vegan fare!

Don’t forget to click this link for the recipes all in one place,

Now you can plan ahead at your very own pace.

This now concludes our First Annual Vegan Thanksgiving,

Frank enjoyed it too and will happily go on living… ;)

20101002-IMG_4015

If you enjoyed this post, please consider showing your support by voting for me in the Food Blog Challenge (you click the heart). Thank you for your support! :)

Miss @ Digression from the Midwest October 3, 2010

I was looking forward to see what you would serve for Luxury Dinner Party and you did not disappoint!!! Those meat loaf truly look original and I look forward to making them!

Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook October 3, 2010

WOAH! Everything looks amazing, Angela! You definitely have my vote! AMAZING work!!!

Aimee October 3, 2010

I just have to echo all the Wows from above. Your guests were so lucky to be invited to such a creative and clearly delicious feast. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

Keri October 3, 2010

So clever!! Beautiful place settings and the food looked delicious!

Ellen @ Undercover Runner Eats October 3, 2010

Holy yummy vegan meal, OSG!
This all looks amazingly delicious and I have terrible food envy now! Not to mention a huge hankering for Thanksgiving now.
If only you had made vegan green bean casserole. My favorite!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie October 3, 2010

Oh my goodness this is like the most awesome post you’ve ever done and that’s saying a lot since I totally love your blog and all your posts. This is such a winner!!!

Nicole (Picky Nicky) October 3, 2010

There’s nothing I can say that everybody else hasn’t already said :D

Bethany @ More Fruit Please October 3, 2010

In your own words…. disgustingly cute! Please invite me over for dinner!

Claire @ Low Impact Fashionista October 3, 2010

OH. my. gosh. You inspire me so much! This dinner looks amazing, I love that you keep proving that vegan is not only as good as, but BETTER than traditional cooking! Keep up the amazing work :)

hippierunner October 3, 2010

Amazing! Amazing post. Amazing looking (and I’m sure, delicious) looking food!

Lisa October 3, 2010

you are AMAZING!

Betty October 3, 2010

Such hard work! :) Beautiful.

Katheryn October 3, 2010

Everything looked beautiful and scrumptious! Lucky guests!

Jess October 3, 2010

I love this post! So creative in everything you do!

Olivia @ Blissful Runner October 3, 2010

Angela, I think you channeled Martha Stewart for this one — very impressive!!! You are so incredibly talents is so many many ways.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2010

Thanks everyone!

Ricki October 3, 2010

What an adorable post and AMAZING looking meal! Everything looks spectacular. How I wish I could have been there!! From the appetizers to the pecan/pumpkin/brownie pie, everything sounds perfect. And I love the table settings–such a great idea! You are truly a culinary genius. :D And Happy (early) Thanksgiving!!

anna October 3, 2010

Oh my gosh! I love this, and you made it rhyme and everything! :)
You are super super talented and that salad looks amazing!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 3, 2010

HAIL ANGELA, hehehe . . . thanks for the bundle of recipes, I totally need them. Thanksgiving and Christmas always trump me!

suburban housewife October 3, 2010

Too cute! You did such a great job….kudos to you!

Lizzie October 3, 2010

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! I mean YES! And no. Yes, because it just looks amazing and no, because I can’t make any of these just yet :) I showed them to my (now health focused) husband (coming off eating a vegan cupcake when we were at a local bakery for lunch yesterday) and he couldn’t believe it was a vegan – everything looks beautiful and delicious! Congrats!

stacey-healthylife October 3, 2010

That is so good. Everything looks beautiful and so tasty. I LOVE the decorations. I promise to vote for you. :) :) :)

Nikki October 3, 2010

You should have your own VEGAN SHOW on FOOD NETWORK!

Emily October 3, 2010

Gorgeous and delicious!! Love the Thanksgiving theme and your amazing decorations! Everything looks so great and delicious; this is making me a bit more excited for my first meat free Thanksgiving!! Wonderful job Ange and good luck!!

christyn @ All Ways Nutritious October 3, 2010

wow!! you are awesome!!! thank you so much for all your hard work and nicely preparing all the recipes from your thanksgiving dinner….i cannot wait to make the chocolate brownie, pumpkin pie pecan dessert….omg…my mouth is watering. i am curious about the walnut casserole to. i made the maple glazed nuts and everyone loved them!!! i can’t wait until your cook book comes out…i know there will be one, one day…probably soon. wishing you all the best!!! your hard work and dedication to this blog is very much appreciated.

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 3, 2010

THIS IS AMAZING. You’re such a good host to have a goody basket. Totally jealous.

Danielle October 3, 2010

Absolutely amazing! Your creations (food, decorations and poetry) make my heart sing :D

Melissa October 3, 2010

Everything looks beyond amazing! You did a fabulous job, with one day notice, or not. Chocolate brownie pumpkin pie pecan crunch delight? W-O-W! Is that even legal? You look beautiful and glowing in all these pictures! I will most definitely be voting for this entry.

Toronto Girl West October 3, 2010

I knew you could be counted on for a fabulous entry!!! :)

In fact everything looks so good it even inspired me to try an all vegan feast in the future. Which is crazy considering I’ve never really had an all vegan meal. Raw food excluded.

I’ll be voting for you again!

Danielle October 3, 2010

I want to go to a dinner party like that!!! :D

christina cadden October 3, 2010

Love it! Love the entire thing! I wish I would have been there to enjoy it but I think I will be making some of your recipes in the future!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 3, 2010

Oh my word!! You are over-the-top A-mazing! 1) Your table is exquisite!! 2) The pic of you and Eric is A-dorable!! 3) I gotta get those tAsty dessert recipes stat!!

Lisa C. October 3, 2010

Amazing, amazing post! Very original and delicious looking!

Kerri October 3, 2010

Best post ever!! I’m not even vegan but now I want to host a vegan Thanksgiving!

Rachel October 3, 2010

Wow – I am one of the see-vegan-and-get-scared people and this just looks amazing! You may have just convinced me to give it a go.
Hats off to you and your lucky guests :)

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies October 3, 2010

Adorable and love this!!! Love the idea of the cranberries and the maple syrup…plus still, that gingerbread…yum!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 3, 2010

Angela I am just blown away by your post! I love how much thought and care you put into posts. The poem, the pictures, THE FOOD, the table setting, everything. Beautiful and well put together.

Bridget October 3, 2010

Ange, why must you be so freaking amazing! Seriously, that food is making me jaw drop (and drool). Congrats on a great dinner party
You are my top vote :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 3, 2010

Unbelievable! I would have LOVED to be there for that meal… just your photos and writing made me smile, I can’t even imagine how fantastic it was in person.
You’ve done an amazing job and, as usual, you’ve got my support and my vote!

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair October 3, 2010

AMAZING! And thank you so much for putting in the time to type up all the recipes for us! I will be making some of this over the holidays to prove to my family that Vegan eating CAN be delicious :-)

Page 2 of 6«12345»...Last »