It looks like my long run on Friday and lack of sleep on the weekend really did me in because my body is not bouncing back as quickly as it usually does. I am feeling quite run down this morning!
The difference between me now and pre-injury (January 2009) is that I now listen to my body as much as I can. I feel more in tune with my body and I can tell when it is not 100% whereas before I would have just ignored all signs. I find that running when I am not feeling my best leads to longer recovery time and more stress on the immune system.
My solution is rest, eat healthy, Green Monster it up, laugh, smile, and be good to yourself. You only get one of you! My run will be waiting for me when I am ready.
What didn’t have to wait is a delicious breakfast.
I haven’t had a Vegan Overnight Oats Parfait since before my Chicago trip. The excitement overwhelmed me.
High Protein Chocolate Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 serving Vega chocolate protein powder
- 1.25 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- Banana soft serve
- Unsweet coconut, to garnish
- Pumpkin seeds, to garnish
Directions: In a small to medium sized bowl mix the oats, chia seeds, protein powder, and milk with a whisk until all clumps are gone. Now add the pumpkin and stir well. Place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight. In the morning make the banana soft serve by processing 1 frozen banana in food processor with a splash of almond milk. Layer your parfait and top with coconut and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
Oh Banana soft serve it has been too long, too long, my dear friend!
The high protein chocolate pumpkin VOO!
Do I even have to say this was delish? :)
It’s that time again! I missed last week due to traveling, but I am back with some great health and fitness links from the past week.
Health News Round Up
- 5 ways to avoid running injuries – Fit Sugar
- Do toning shoes really work? – Thats Fit
- 20 ways to detox your home – Huffington Post
- Healthy potato salad with no mayo– Thatsfit.ca
- Is your favourite ice cream made with Monsanto’s artificial hormones? – Huffington Post
- Have you seen the newest Healthy Living Blog resource to hit the scene? – Healthy Living Blogs
- Vegan Chocolate Chili recipe – Vegnews
- Avocado and tomato salad with pumpkin seeds – Thatsfit.ca
- What are the latest workout trends? – National Post
- Do you air dry your workout clothes? – Fit Sugar
- Race addicts: Mad for marathons – Globe and Mail
- Leafy greens can cut diabetes risk – National Post
- 10 dirty and 5 clean fruits and veggies – Huffington Post
- Side stitch: What causes it and how to prevent it – Fit Sugar
- Healing cabbage, Potato, & Tomato Curry Stew – Cleen Teen Kelsey
- Healthy Carrot Cake Power Scuffins – The Runners Plate
- Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats – Why Deprive
- Vegan Overnight Oats – No More Schlumpadinka
- Soul Soothing Quinoa Curry with couscous – Red Head Yellow Dog
- Creamy PB + J Oatmeal Parfait (and a carrot showgirl haha!)– Hooked On Health
- Easy Roasted balsamic green beans – San Diego Health Buzz
- Homemade Salt + Vinegar Chips– The Thom-Speeds
- Healthy Zucchini Power Scuffins – Coach Potato Athlete
- Mexican Tortilla Pie – Coach Potato Athlete
- Salt & Vinegar Chips – Chasing Ambulances
- Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas – Cooking In Japan
- Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes – Learning To Love Live Laugh
Today’s question: Do you feel like you are in tune with your body’s needs? Do you find it easy or hard to listen to your body?