Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

IMG 0145 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

It was so beautiful outside last night!

The sky was so clear, but it was –23C last night!

Eric and I sat by the fire all night and watched some shows.

IMG 8300 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

Today is a Very Important Day!

I am taking a day off work today, which has not happened since Dec 28th 2009!!!!! The past week and a half was especially crazy as I made and shipped out over 1600 Glo Bars.

I was up at 6:45am this morning because I was so excited and couldn’t sleep! :mrgreen:

So far my day off has included a wonderful fresh juice and Japanese Sencha Green Tea.

IMG 9455 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

This was followed by another killer Booty Camp Fitness workout!

Today I did the Phase 2 Intermediate session which was 43 minutes long. I am just loving these workout DVDs so much. The girls are so down to earth and do not intimidate me in the way many fitness instructors do. They are goofy and just plain old fun to watch!

Here I am with the No Meat Athlete Tee that Matt sent me! Thanks Matt!

IMG 8316 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

I had some carrot juice pulp to use up so I decided to whip up a new muffin recipe.

Don’t forget all of my recipes are newly updated on my recipe page!

IMG 0167 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

chia seeds and Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs:

IMG 0152 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

Into the oven they go…

IMG 0153 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

They rose so well!

IMG 0159 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

One of our favourite things to do on the weekend is look through the flyers! Yes, we are an 80 year old married couple. :mrgreen:

IMG 0148 thumb   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

What are your weekend rituals that you love to do?

The rest of the day looks like this:

• Epsom Salt bath (my bootay is killing me!)
  • Yoga
  • Plan Florida Trip with Eric
  • Indigo book store
  • Lululemon
  • Raw Aura restaurant
  • Movie- we planned on Avatar in Imax but it’s sold out again, so we might see another one- suggestions??

Have a great day!

Angela Signature thumb32   Carrot Chia Spelt Muffins

OSGMOM January 30, 2010

We caught the Blue Moon on our ride home from Sedona. It was amazing. Enjoy your day off and those muffins look amazing. I wish I could have one for breakfast!

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen January 31, 2010

These look amazing! Never enough ways to use my superfoods!

krissy January 30, 2010

Enjoy your well deserved DAY OFF Sweets!! :) xoxo

Noelle January 30, 2010

If you like post-apocalyptic stories go see Book of Eli with Denzel Washington. Good movie! Great muffin recipe by the way!

Estela @ Weekly Bite January 30, 2010

I LOVE looking at newspaper flyers!

The carrot muffins looks great!

Mara @ What's for Dinner? January 30, 2010

Enjoy your day!!! You deserve it!

Kareen January 30, 2010

Hi Angela, you got a beautiful picture of the moon there. My Husband informs me that you have also captured Mars because it is currently aligned with the Earth!
Enjoy your day off!

Audrey January 30, 2010

That’s awesome! I think I can see it in the picture.

Danielle (Coffee Run) January 30, 2010

I need to get some more work-out DVDs for days just like this! (Snowed in)
Your muffins look really good. They remind me of carrot cake :)

Jil January 30, 2010

Enjoy our day off!! It’s WELL DESERVED! You work so hard. Annnd jealous of your Lululemon excursion…I’m going to walk by the one in Boston today — but I know I can’t go in..for fear of impulsive purchases. haha

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) January 30, 2010

Carrot cake is my favorite food in the whole wide world so those muffins look right up my alley!!!

I LIVE for the ads in the paper. I used to read comics with my brother but now it’s all about the Target ad and coupons :)

ENJOY YOUR DAY OFFFFF!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 30, 2010

oh so jealous you might go see avatar! i can’t get my husband to enjoy sci-fi type movies…so i doubt i’ll see this til it’s on DVD :(

love the muffins, and hope you have a fabulous day off :)

Island Girl Eats January 30, 2010

You will have to post what you buy from Lululemon – I have been eyeing a pair of running shorts!

Looks like you have a nice day planned. Hope you enjoy it!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 30, 2010

Those muffins look fantastic!

We saw Avatar in iMax 3D last night – it was awesome! Except I had 4 martinis before hand, and I definitely got motion sick. But I would highly suggest seeing it in 3D!! Other than that, Sherlock Holmes was really good.

Ricki January 30, 2010

These sound like just my kind of muffin–all ingredients that I love! I wonder if I could adapt this to something for the anti-candida diet. . . hmmm!!

Karla January 30, 2010

Now that I’ve tried two of your recipes, I feel like I need to try them all this one looks particularly delicious!!
I liked It’s Complicated if you haven’t seen that yet. It’s good for both men and women :)

Sara January 30, 2010

the movie “The Book of Eli” is GREAT! you should go see that!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 30, 2010

Beatufiul muffins!!! Enjoy your day off– you deserve it!

Tracey January 30, 2010

Your pictures are so pretty! I live in a city and the one thing I really miss is seeing stars at night.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 30, 2010

Wowza that’s a lot of bars to bake and ship!! Those muffins look fantastic!

Diana January 30, 2010

Enjoy your day OFF! Flyers on Saturday are the BEST!
Diana

Diana January 30, 2010

P.S. When is Eric going to update his blog? I’m dying to see home renos!

EaterNotARunner January 30, 2010

Those muffins look awesome. Hope you’re having a GREAT day off!

Kelly January 30, 2010

I love looking at the new flyers as well! The day they come in the paper I throw the paper aside and go straight for the goods! :)

I’m kinda dying to see “When in Rome” with Kristen Bell I think it is and Josh Duhamel (not sure if I spelled that right). Something about it just looks good and I love chick flicks:)

Maureen January 30, 2010

Raw Aura restaurant is awesome! You are coming to my neck of the woods today enjoy it is beautiful and sunny out.

Gabriela January 30, 2010

-23? Brrr! Have a great day off!

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place January 30, 2010

Enjoy your day off, you deserve it! My fiance owns his own business as well, and NEVER takes a day off…everyone needs a break, so enjoy it!

One Vegan Foodie January 30, 2010

Just curious if you could just order the DVD for the Booty Camp Fitness. I went to the website and it seemed as though the DVD was part of a total fitness package.

Ameena January 30, 2010

Enjoy your day off! You absolutely deserve it!

jayme January 30, 2010

those muffins look sooooo scrumptious and nutritious. i also really like the photos, detailed and big, just the way i like ‘em.
i love flyers too! my boyfriend and i spent like 2 hours going through them last night and getting all worked up when we saw ballin’ deals.
enjoy your day off and resist the urge to do productive things. :)

rachael January 30, 2010

Looks like you have an awesome day planned!

Heather (Where's the Beach) January 30, 2010

Enjoy your day! Those muffins look fantastic. I have not cooked with the chia seeds yet. I keep seeing more recipes that call for them though.

Bree@beeskneeslife January 30, 2010

Have a great day off!

Husband and I call each other grandma and grandpa during our Sunday morning ritual, which is to sit and read the paper while drinking coffee together :) Oh and you know I clip coupons and look at all the ad flyers!

Lynna January 30, 2010

Those muffins do look wonderful! Did you use white or whole spelt flour with these? I’ve also been wondering, is white spelt flour still a whole grain? Or is it refined and processed like regular white flour?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 30, 2010

I always use whole grain, even when recipes call for white spelt..lol. Its the only kind I buy so I use it!

Amy January 30, 2010

Enjoy your special day, Ange – You’ve earned it and then some! I can’t think of a better way to spend it…lulu, hubby, great food, juice, yoga, Mr. Epsom…BLISS! :)

I’ll be making those muffins this weekend! Thanks for another great recipe!

Julie January 30, 2010

Sounds like an awesome day off Ang! My brother just gave a great review on The Edge Of Darkness, but i say see Avatar if at all possible.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 30, 2010

Sounds like a perfect Saturday! You deserve a day off!

Those muffins sound yummy. There’s been lot of muffins around the blog world lately, I’ve noticed.

Lululemon! How lucky are you!

I enjoy a leisurely breakfast on Saturdays and a good workout. Homework has lately become part of my Saturdays… which is not so fun haha

One Healthy Apple January 30, 2010

The muffins look fantastic! I love Saturdays- enjoy your day off!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete January 30, 2010

Honestly, your muffins give me hope for vegan baking. I failed once have never been brave enough to try again! I’m a great baker, but vegan baking is hard for me!

Let’s see, I usually have my long run of the week on Saturdays, then a little cleaning, then a lot of cuddling with the hubby. He is gone for the next 3 month though, I have been working on school. I love getting up and making pancakes too!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin January 30, 2010

Avatar is really cool in 3-D! I hope you get to see it sometime soon! My husband and I recently saw Sherlock Holmes and Edge of Darkness– both were really great!

Hope you enjoy your day off. :)

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle January 30, 2010

Those muffins look outstanding! I live about an hour from my boyfriend so my favorite weekend ritual is going to happy hour (or having our own glass at home) on a Friday evening and catching up about our week!

Laura Georgina January 30, 2010

I just saw Avatar yesterday and it was awesome–but I wish I’d seen it in Imax, so definitely worth waiting on that one!

I love (and need) my Saturday sleep-in time. I still end up getting up around 8 or 9, but I never set the alarm….

Page 1 of 212»