The Battle Of The Nut Butters

Last night I awoke to a dentist drilling my teeth!!!!!!

In reality, I woke up to my husband drilling in the basement. He has been doing renos all weekend and apparently he thought it was a good idea to drill and hammer at 11:30pm at night!? Then once he came up to the room I couldn’t fall asleep until 12:30, so my goal of 5:45am wake-up was shot. I did manage to get up around 6:30 though so all was not lost. :)

You know what I discovered?

IMG_9956

I love RAW Breakfast Cakes (see here for Baked Breakfast Cake)

IMG_9959

Just like cake batter…

IMG_9964

I had this mini Raw Breakfast Cake with my breakfast:

IMG_9973

This morning’s breakfast featured a new Sherriff in town:

IMG_9979

Can you believe this was my first time ever trying cashew butter?!?!?

Oh dear me.

IMG_9976

Cashew butter tastes like a DREAM. Rich, creamy, and subtly sweet.

It paired well with this delicious cranberry jam that Chelsea sent me!

IMG_9980

Pure heaven…

IMG_9975

IMG_9978

What is your favourite and least favourite (nut) butter?

I have tried the following:

• Peanut
  • Almond
  • Cashew
  • Pumpkin Seed
  • Barney Butter (yes, it deserves its’ own class!!!!!)
  • Apple butter (Not a nut butter but oh well!)

I don’t know what it was, but I strongly disliked the pumpkin seed butter!!! Totally not what I was expecting. My favourite hands down was CRACKbutter…otherwise known as…Barney Butter. Ohhhh Emmmm Geeeee, When Bree sent me a bunch of it, I finished them in lightening speed.

I am eager to try out new kinds of butters. What should my next one be?

I think it might be coconut butter. I have been dying to try it!

This morning and most of the afternoon is a shipping day for me. I have over 400 Glo Bars shipping out today. I do all my shipping labels myself (I have a corporate account with Canada Post) as it saves my customers 8% off shipping. I also need to squeeze in a workout and start baking orders once my shipping is done.

It has been raining the past two days! It is currently 6C/43F right now…such a weird winter we are having!

IMG_9984

Have a wonderful Moan-day! ;)

Angela_Signature

Most successful people have not achieved their distinction by having some new talent or opportunity presented to them. They have developed the opportunity that was at hand.

–– Bruce Barton

Page 3 of 3«123
Lauren February 19, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness. After reading this blog I HAD to send away for a free sample of Barney Butter. It came yesterday and I was ecstatic. I’m enjoying it right now with some homemade jam on Ezekiel toast. I’m in love. IN LOVE. I can’t take big enough bites. Why is it so darn expensive though? Now I have an addiction that I cannot support. HUMPH!

Howard February 1, 2010

Great website here, enjoyed reading alot of coments about nut butters, I produce two nut butters here in canada, Nut ‘N Budder and Almond Budder Extreme…all natural check them out and look for more flavors hitting the store shelves soon. Avail in all Loblaws chain stores across canada

Michal January 29, 2010

I love good old almond butter, but im dying to try cashew butter :) Your raw breakfast cake looks soooo tasty!

Morgan January 28, 2010

I love a lot of nutbutters and there are SO many out there to try!

My favorite right now are from this place OMG divine! http://www.spreadtherestaurant.com/catalog/

Maranathas has the best macadamia nutbutter

Futtersnutbutters- the hazelnut roasted is #1 and until I found out I was allergic this was my favorite of them all and I have 20+ types of nutbutters.

Hangry Pants January 27, 2010

Favorite = pecan (homemade); Least favorite = Sunflower.

Katrina January 27, 2010

I haven’t tried cashew butter, but have wanted to. LOVE Barney Butter–need more! Soy butter is okay, sunflower seed butter is really good! But you’re right, Barney Butter just might be the best. Oh and I’ve recently heard about coconut butter and want to try that, too!

Jesse January 26, 2010

i’m allergic to nuts so i eat soy nut butter – its nut free but its the same color as peanut butter and tastes very similar – i love it!

RunToTheFinish January 26, 2010

Seriously nut butters bring all of us crazies out to comment…I LOVE IT! I actually have stopped buying it so I will slow the heck down

Bobbie January 26, 2010

Almond is my fave for apples :-) and peanut is for everyday (breakfast cookies etc)

I tried BRAZIL nut butter but I was soo disappointed – maybe it was an dodgy batch but it was oddly dry and tastless (my bloke argues that brazil nuts are also dry and tasteless so maybe it wasn’t just that jar…)

Pumpkin and Hazel are next on my list to try.

Gloria January 26, 2010

hazelnut butter is my current favorite, it’s like nutella without the cocoa. But sometimes I also mix cocoa and agave with my HB to make nutella, too lazy to grind up the nuts myself.
But once I get bored I go back to the good old natural pb

Aletheia January 26, 2010

Have you tried no-nuts pea butter? It’s made with chickpeas, I think, but tastes just like peanut butter! There are subtle differences, but you can hardly tell. It’s amazing!

Rachelf January 25, 2010

Err, I don’t know about that raw breakfast cake. It doesn’t look very appetizing (sorry)! I’ve never had any nut butter apart from peanut. I know! How pathetic :(

Jenny January 25, 2010

I’ve been DYING to try cashew butter! It looks delicious. I recently discovered my love of cashews, and ever since, I’ve been convinced cashew butter would be my new favorite thing :)

Gabriela January 25, 2010

Isn’t cashew butter incredible? I tried it for the first time this week too, and it definitely gives PB a run for it’s money!

Ashley January 25, 2010

I would have to say on a day to day basis I just can’t get enough peanut butter in my life. I like almond butter on certain things like carrots + fruit but not as much on a sandwich. You need to try pecan butter. It is SINful!!! Oh yeah, and coconut butter is completely creamy and amazing as well. But seriously…try some pecan butter!!! Artisana is the only company I have seen that makes it but I’m sure there are more. I have heard good things about sunflower butter and that it is similar to pnut butter…maybe you’d like that more than the pumpkin seed butter? I could talk about butters all day ;) Ta ta!

Kath January 25, 2010

Ange, you MUST try Naturally Nutty’s Vanilla Almond Butter. And Hazelnut butter is AMAZING!! And the Cacao Bliss is even better than the coconut butter.

Jolene January 25, 2010

I have tried peanut butter, and almond butter … and I think that is it. I bought apple butter but haven’t had a chance to try it yet – maybe tomorrow!!

Shannon January 25, 2010

Lots of very strong opinions on what nut butter is best. Very interesting to read through. I think I like Barney butter the best, but its a little to pricey to eat regularly!

I always like the batter of cakes and cookies better than when it’s baked. So good!

Retta @ RunRettaRun January 25, 2010

Soy nut butter, hands down. So yummy!

Ashley January 25, 2010