This sweet and tangy vegan cream cheese frosting is so easy to make, and it’s the perfect topping for my Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. It keeps well in the fridge, so you can make it in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you need it.
- 1/2 cup (100 g) vegan butter*
- 1/2 cup (110 g) vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260 g) powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) almond milk, or as needed
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add in the powdered icing sugar, a bit at a time, and beat until smooth. Add almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, to thin as desired; beat after each addition. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
* If your vegan butter is very firm, you can leave it at room temperature to soften a bit before starting this recipe.
If the frosting becomes too thin, add a bit more icing sugar and beat again.