Raw Triple Berry Crisp

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 17, 2011

IMG_5754

Thank you for your Birthday Wishes! I had a pretty low key day since we both worked, but the evening was fun. The restaurant we wanted to go to was closed on Mondays, so we are going tonight instead. We made Channa Masala together (using this recipe) and I opened a few gifts!

IMG_5792

One of which was a 5 in 1 Reflector Kit for my photography. I’m so excited to use this! [nerd alert]

IMG_0554

You can expand it over 10 feet and it also lowers to the ground too, which is the height I will use the most. It has silver, black, white, gold, and diffusion.

It will be lots of fun playing around with this thing!

Or for spontaneous animal shows when my nephews arrive in July??? ;)

IMG_0561

IMG_0568 IMG_0559IMG_0567

I also got some kitchen stuff that will be appearing on the blog shortly I’m sure. :)

Oh, and we also shared the last piece of the delicious Whole Food’s Vegan Chocolate Cake, complete with Coconut Bliss ‘ice cream’. :)

YUM!!!

IMG_5799

Now back to this delicious berry crisp that I made for my party on Saturday! I thought a raw crisp would be more Spring-like and fun to serve chilled instead of warm. It turned out great and the recipe was so easy to throw together.

IMG_5748-2

[print_this]

Raw Triple Berry Crisp

Adapted from Whole Foods and Adventures in Raw Food.

Yield: 6-8 servings

Berries:

• 1.5 containers strawberries (about 22 ounces)
  • 2 small containers blueberries (6 ounces each)
  • 1 small container raspberries
  • 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (use agave, if you want it raw)

Topping:

• 1 cup raw walnuts
  • 1 cup raw pecans
  • 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
  • 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

1. Wash and slice all strawberries into bite sized pieces. In a large bowl, mix the sliced strawberries, and other washed berries. Toss with maple syrup or agave nectar.

2. Prepare the topping in a food processor by pulsing all ingredients until just mixed. You want to leave this mixture very chunky, so be sure not to over process.

3. In a 1.4 litre (1.5 quart) casserole dish, add most of the berry mixture, leaving a few tablespoons or so. Spread evenly. Now add most of the topping over top of the berries, reserving a few tablespoons. Now sprinkle on the remaining berries, and finally the rest of the topping. Serve immediately, or chill for 1 hour.

Note: This raw crisp does not keep in the fridge overnight as it gets very watery. Be sure to mix just prior to serving.

[/print_this]

This dessert couldn’t be easier! Just prep the berries, topping, and add into a casserole dish!

IMG_5741 IMG_5739

IMG_5745

Voila :)

IMG_5747

This crisp does not keep well overnight, so please be sure to mix it just prior to serving. The leftovers the next day were quite watery because there is no corn starch or arrowroot powder to soak up the water.

IMG_5752

Enjoy with Coconut Bliss Vanilla Bean ‘ice cream’ or your favourite frozen dessert.

IMG_5775-2

Have a great Tuesday!

Page 3 of 3«123
McKayla (green groats) May 17, 2011 at 10:37 pm

That looks amazing. Berries just make me happy because they are so colorful!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 18, 2011 at 3:55 am

This looks amazing. A great way ot use those fantastic summer berries too! :D

Sharleen May 18, 2011 at 5:59 am

The apple crisp looks delicious! I may try to make that today :) Where did you purchase the stand for your reflector? I bought the exact same one a few months ago!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 18, 2011 at 8:04 am

It came with the stand :)

Jennifer Drummond May 18, 2011 at 6:20 am

Hi Angela,

I make this recipe from the WF site. Actually I refrigerate and it lasts me about 3 or 4 days. The fruit does get a little soggy, but not much, but the flavor with the Maple Syrup added makes it so juicy and sweet. I put it in my yogurt, or heat up in the microwave with a dollop of whip cream, put it on ice cream, I even have put it in my oatmeal. So for me, I don’t mind it sitting in the fridge for a few days.

Happy Be-lated Birthday!!! By the way how are you doing on your garden? Have you decided on what plants to plant?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 18, 2011 at 8:04 am

I will be buying the plants this weekend and planting! Deets to come

Crystal May 18, 2011 at 6:45 am

Your pictures are always beautiful! I’m new to blogging and struggling with poor picture quality from my point-and-shoot Nikon. What recommendations do you have in beginning to search for a new camera that is reasonably priced?

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) May 18, 2011 at 7:46 am

Looks like so much fun, so sad I missed it! The crisp looks delish :)

xo

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. May 18, 2011 at 7:51 am

OMG. This looks SO yummy. Can’t wait until berries, organic, are plentiful & cheaper!

Maria @ Scandifoodie May 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm

The reflector kit sounds like a perfect birthday present!
I love how colourful, fresh and cheerful this crisp looks, I’ll have to give it a go!
And the vegan chocolate cake looks so yummy too!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit May 18, 2011 at 5:47 pm

This looks delish! Happy Belated Birthday!

melissa June 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm

how many calories are in a serving of the crisp?

Miche April 1, 2013 at 9:21 am

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would go ahead and comment anyway :)

I made this yesterday morning for an Easter brunch and all of the non-vegans of my boyfriend’s family gobbled it up! I had a little more than a servings worth leftover when the brunch was over. Not wanting to waste any of it I put it on top of a batch of steel cut oats this morning for breakfast, and it was delicious! I agree that it gets a bit too mushy overnight, but the consistency still worked beautifully as a topping to the oats.

I figured I would post my findings in the comment section in case anyone else happens to have a bit leftover, and is wondering what they can possibly do with it :)

Garcinia HCA And Cleanse Catalyst March 21, 2014 at 9:43 am

Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and
say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring
blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers?
I’d definitely appreciate it.