Farmer’s Market Prep In 5 Easy Steps

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 19, 2010

I realized that preparing for a Farmer’s market, is a bit like preparing for a race

1) Lay out everything the night before!

IMG_9894

Wheeeeeeeee.

IMG_9888 IMG_9891

IMG_9893

2) Get about 4 hours of sleep.

3) Make a filling breakfast

IMG_9918

Strawberry Carob Vegan Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1.5 cups almond milk
  • 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp carob powder (gives it the sweet taste)
  • 1 diced banana
  • 5-6 small strawberries, chopped

Directions: Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and then add wet and whisk. Place in fridge overnight. Serve with more strawberries.

Diced banana….

IMG_9898

Chop, chop!

After whisking everything like a crazy woman.

IMG_9903

More strawberries because I kept eating the VOO. :biggrin:

IMG_9906

Then into the fridge overnight or in the fridge for about 45-60 mins. You choose! Note- you do not heat the VOO in the morning.

5am on a Saturday doesn’t get any better than this…

IMG_9907

I couldn’t get over how HOT it is outside today- even super early this morning. It is supposed to hit 30C today so hopefully we don’t melt at the market!

I had a layer of strawberries on the bottom!

IMG_9908

I am loving how cute the CSA strawberries are! SO much flavour too.

IMG_9914

lalalalla.

IMG_9916

This recipe was one of my favourite VOO concoctions by far! So amazing. I love carob powder + strawberries together.

4) Consume a ton of fluids

IMG_9820

I hope there are bathrooms at the market… :ermm:

5) Rush out the door!

Page 2 of 2«12
Allison @ Food For Healing June 19, 2010 at 12:43 pm

so exciting, you will have a blast! and meet so many people

Jamila June 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your breakfast looks delicious! I love your teacup. Where did you get it from?

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) June 19, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Good luck today!!!! :)

Carly @ Happy Healthy Foodie June 19, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Good luck Ange, you will do great! Have an awesome day :)

Jess @ MTL Veggie June 19, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Your ability to constantly create delicious and unique breakfasts never ceases to amaze me (and cause instant hunger). Hope you had a successful day at the market :)

Kirsten June 19, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Hope it went well today!!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels June 19, 2010 at 10:41 pm

whoa total success . . . hooray . . . I wish I could get to Oakville to buy a million bars but alas I do not have a car!

Courtney Earle June 20, 2010 at 6:11 am

Hi Angela! It was so nice to meet you yesterday afternoon. I don’t know if you remember me – my mom and I sampled/bought your Liberate Glo Bar. You told me about your blog and here I am checking it out! Looks like I’ll have to become an avid reader.. maybe create one of my own? Either way, you were great. Do you live in the area? It looks like you’re a runner – I am too. We should go for a run! I get my runs in at 4:30am before work!

Triathlon aka Grace June 20, 2010 at 9:46 am

Yummmm, gotta try this version of VOO! Love strawberries and bananas combined! Woohoo, market time!

Angela August 9, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Hi Angela,

I am very curious about your Vegan Overnight Oats and want to try them, however, I can’t stand banana. Do you have any suggestions for an alternate to replace banana?

BangkokBakingBonanza March 29, 2013 at 7:33 am

Looks great, definitely going to try! Perfect for weather over here in Thailand: 45C! I envy you… 30C is considered “cold” over here. ;)