Daily Habits for Happiness: My Plan for 2016

151214_Angela_Liddon_Shot_08_Family_Portraits_0475

The other day I had an epiphany while I was drying my hair. As usual, my thoughts were all over the place, jumping from personal reminders to work tasks to anticipated conversations to goal setting for 2016. I was debating whether I would make an official list of my goals for 2016, but as I mentally went through my list I realized that something was still missing.

After some careful thought, it hit me. I’ve focused so much on big, time-consuming goals and aspirations that I’ve forgotten about many of the simple, daily habits that create happiness in my life! In fact, life has felt a bit chaotic and unorganized for some time now, and it’s because I’ve let a lot of these daily habits slide. As I stood there blasting my hair, I realized I need to change my focus. What’s the point of setting goal after goal if the process itself doesn’t feel peaceful? Rather than plough ahead with tunnel vision locked only on the goals, this year I’m going to make room for the daily habits that bring me consistent joy – the ones that I haven’t allowed myself to make time for in a long while. I’m going to call these my “Daily Habits for Happiness”, and I truly believe that this approach can change my life.

What do I mean by daily habits for happiness? It’s anything that you can easily accomplish in your day to day life that makes you feel really good. These are often things that we brush off or let fall by the wayside because they aren’t given as much priority or importance as other things, but their potential to improve our quality of life is HUGE!

There are many things that I’m doing successfully each day (such as dedicated family time, exercise, etc), but there are many things that I can start doing to increase happiness quite easily. Here are some that I came up with. This list is a work in progress, and I’ll be adding to it as I see fit.

Make my bed each morning

I haven’t taken the time to make the bed consistently in the morning for umm….years? Since my mama told me to? In my defense, Eric doesn’t make it consistently either! The thing is, having my bed made in the morning makes me feel quite accomplished, but I’ve always told myself that other tasks are much more important and “I don’t have time”. Well, no more! It doesn’t actually take very long, but it sets the tone for the whole day and I feel like the reward outweighs any time spent on it. (I fear that I may fail miserably with this habit, but 3 days into 2016 I’m still on a killer bed making streak!!)

Shift workouts back to the morning

Speaking of convincing myself (or even bribing myself) – morning workouts! Because our schedule was so unpredictable last year (and still is at times), I shifted many of my workouts to the evening after Adriana went to bed. It seemed like the best time of the day for minimal interruptions (sleep regressions aside), but I started to really miss having restorative downtime at night. I recently started shifting my workouts back to the morning. I have Eric to thank for motivating me because he’s been rocking the early morning workouts with his buddy for a while. It’s challenging for me to workout first thing, but I always feel great when I do it. (If you’re curious – I’m doing a combo of running on my treadmill and online Barre workouts right now. I hope to add an in-person weekly barre or yoga class to my routine soon.)

Daily tidying

It’s amazing how much toys can take over our living room and kitchen area during the day (and how many times I manage to trip or hurt myself). We got into the habit of leaving the toys scattered all over the house because we were too tired to put them away before bed. But it really makes a huge difference to come out to a tidy room in the morning, rather than chaos. Now we do a quick tidy up after she goes down at night. It takes just a minute or two, but it makes me so happy to walk out in the morning and see a semi-tidy room (even if it doesn’t last!). The same goes for daily tidying other areas of the house…a quick vacuum in the kitchen and dining area does wonders for my mood.

Email management

Eric and I recently decided to disable the push notification setting on our Gmail accounts. I can’t take credit – it was his idea and I jumped on board. No longer will I be alerted every time an email pops into my inbox (which can feel disruptive and stressful – especially when it’s during the evening or on weekends). For years I’ve worked all hours of the day and on weekends. This year, email notifications are turned off and I’m checking email at dedicated times during working hours. Obviously, there will be times when I will have to break this rule, but I aim to make them far and few between.

I also find that staying on top of unsubscribing from emails and filtering out spam helps on the email front. I did it last year and it made a huge difference. I want to keep up with both of these daily habits this year.

Relaxed lunch + tea/coffee rituals

Adriana shifted from 2 naps to 1 nap a day in November. Now she goes down for her afternoon nap between 12-1pm each day. I used to eat my lunch while feeding her lunch, but I rarely got to enjoy my lunch before it got cold, or I just scarfed it down in record time without truly enjoying it. I can’t blame her though, I used to work through my lunches for years before she was born. Recently, I’ve started to make my lunch after she goes down for her nap. I find that it’s a lot more rejuvenating for me to have this downtime mid-day. I also aim to have a morning, afternoon, and evening coffee/tea/tonic ritual too.

Connecting with friends/family

This could be a lunch with a friend, a date with my coach, a late dinner at home with Eric, a girl’s get together, or a simple phone call. These connections increase happiness a lot, especially during the winter when it’s easy to hibernate.

~~~

I’m not forgetting about my big goals for 2016 because there are many that I’m super excited about. However, this year I’m making time for the “smaller” things that help me feel balanced, peaceful, and organized on a day to day basis. This is the year that the small becomes the big. I’d love it if you joined along with me!

Cheers to 2016, friends. I hope it’s off to a great start in your neck of the woods!

Photo credit: Sandy Nicholson

1 Brittney January 3, 2016

Great post Angela!
I have a couple similar goals this year including tidying every night! A little bit sure adds up!

Happy New Year!
-Brittney

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2016

it sure does…I’m always amazed by what 5 minutes can do!

3 Eric January 3, 2016

I agree with having the house a little tidier can make you feel much more productive when you get up in the morning. It’s like the mental preparedness you get from it. If your house is in shambles when you wake up so is your mind.

Great post! I’ll try to put in my effort to keep this an ongoing thing.

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2016

we’re like new people all up in 2016 lol

5 Laura ~ Raise Your Garden January 4, 2016

Plus when you go to bed with the house a mess ~ don’t you just have the worst nightmares? It’s like I can sleep when my kitchen is trashed.

You are so right about morning workouts – they truly help with all day energy! If anyone out there is looking for an awesome cardio workout, my hubby got me (i know really thoughtful!!!, hehe) the Billy Blanks TaeBo Cardio Explosion, in the cover he is wearing an orange shirt. Anyhow, it’s super awesome, all cardio obviously, no floor exercises and no tools if you know what I mean. Really happy with what it is doing for my abs thus far!!!!

6 vyvien January 4, 2016

it must be something in the air, because I have come to the same conclusions about goal-setting this year, its more about the small ‘tweaks’ rather than the huge goals.
BTW, I just made your mushroom walnut pesto tart from your cookbook and it rocked! even hubby (fanatical carnivore) scarfed down two helpings. thanks so much for your wonderful work, and best wishes for a fabulous 2016!

7 Katie January 4, 2016

I love this way of looking at the new year! Going to spend some time thinking about habits that can help me everyday too :) Thank you!

Just curious- what online Barre workouts do you use? I’d love to give that a try!

8 Jade January 4, 2016

Hi Angela,
I love this post and love your blog (I have your enchiladas in the oven while I type this!)
Last year two of my goals were to make my bed every morning and tidy before bed and I can assure you it made such a difference to how I felt. Now if I could just switch to morning workout sessions…..

9 Alex January 4, 2016

This has come at a perfect time for me, thank you! I’m 11 weeks pregnant and also trying to plan an engagement party off the back of a crazy silly season – i really want to try to remember to cherish the next 6 months and not lose the plot! Have to admit, making the bed has become a must-do for me in the mornings, gives me a moment of satisfaction and a breath of accomplishment. my other challenge is to consistently do the dishes when i’ve messed them and not “save them for later”! :D

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2016

I also love that dishes one! I’ve been putting that idea to a lot of house messes….I try to do it now rather than put it off (garbage, dishes, etc). I ask myself if I can do it now and if the answer is yes (which is usually is) it gets done.

11 Katie Barthel January 4, 2016

On this same thought, I once read a tip that I think is really useful. If it takes you less than 60 seconds to do, just do it now – don’t save it for later. That includes making the bed, putting your dishes in the dishwasher rather than setting them in the sink, hanging your clothes up when you get home from the office, putting those cans in the recycling bin rather than setting them on the counter. All that stuff is so easy to do and makes a big difference at the end of the day!

12 Angela January 4, 2016

Yes! And putting the roll of toilet paper on the holder…bahaha

13 Kat January 19, 2016

hahaha – good one!

14 Amelia Littlejohn January 4, 2016

I definitely need to do a few of these myself! Especially determined to workout in the mornings.

Nourishing Amelia | Food, Health and Lifestyle Blogger

15 Gena January 4, 2016

I really love this post, Angela — It’s full of tips that are practical and easy, but impactful. I think I’m well overdue to manage my own inbox better, and I’m also a big believer in the value of connecting with friends, even if that’s as simple as an email or text. All best to the whole family for 2016! XOXO

16 Amanda January 4, 2016

I love this list, enjoy the routine and the simple things in life.

Waking up to dishes in the sink, or things left untidy makes me want to do them first thing in the morning. But I feel my mind is freshest in the morning, so I always try to do my most important tasks first thing. And that lunch + tea time is sacred for me!

Hope your 2016 is filled with love and happiness!!❤️

17 Jane January 4, 2016

My heart is warmed reading this post, totally with you on this one!

18 Angela January 4, 2016

Thank you Jane!

19 Anne-Michelle January 4, 2016

Morning workouts are the best! I’ve always taken 6am barre classes, and now I’m loving 5:30am cycle classes because I get home so early! It’s a game changer now that we just had our fourth child. But here’s the big question — what time of day is your favorite to cook? For some reason, I love doing it in the crazy morning rush before the kids head out the door. Maybe because they don’t scarf down every bite and it lasts until they get home? I know I enjoy the pressure of seeing if I can cook in time!

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2016

The early morning classes are hard in the winter, but makes for a great day! Way to go.
Favourite time to cook? Well I really enjoy making Adriana her meals each day, but I also love to cook during nap time when I know I have a good chunk of time without screaming and leg pulling, haha.

21 Nicole W January 4, 2016

What a calming post! You have taken a maelstrom day ( big plans, emails, work, baby, excercise, cleaning) and seemed to make it sound peacably achieveable. Hiw did you do that? Having daycare sweeties arrive at 7am and teens that tend to eat all day led to a ” peaceful” start habit for me…every night before bed, I clear the counters in the kitchen of their debris instead of leaving ut for morning. I also fill the teapot and get my mug ready so that coffee or tea is a simple step away. Less having to think in the morning brain fog! Thanks for an inspiring post :)

22 Sarah Noelle @ The Yachtless January 4, 2016

This is such a great list of ideas, Angela! Making the bed in the morning makes a huge difference for me, for sure. And getting rid of those push notifications is a great one too. On a related note, I’m trying this month to check my email only at specific times during the day (especially my blog email, which I typically check waaaaay more often than necessary). I want to try to be a little more “in the moment”, and I’m hoping that will help.
Happy New Year to you and your family!

23 Heidi Kokborg January 4, 2016

Really great and inspiring post, Angela. I love that you are trying to change some of your daily habits to be happier instead of setting some huge goals. Also I feel like your ‘goals’ are realistic which I like too :)
Happy New Year to all of you!

24 Jacky January 4, 2016

Brilliant idea, and you’re so right, making the place look tidy really does something for the spirit doesn’t it! I need to do this. Happy New Year xx

25 Kellie January 4, 2016

Best wishes to all who are trying to incorporate these “little things” into their daily lives! I think these things fall into the category of SELF CARE, which is essential to feeling peace and joy every day. Allowing yourself quiet moments with a cup of tea/coffee is good for the soul! Also, once things like making the bed and keeping up on dishes become habits, there is a sense of satisfaction and freedom you feel every time you notice the results! =) Two dish-washing habits I learned from my mom are washing-as-I-go when cooking and getting right to washing the dishes when I get up from the table; dishes are done in very little time!

26 Nicole Wayland January 4, 2016

This is perfect! We have very similar goals for the new year–the e-mail one definitely resonates with me the most.

I am new to your blog and have been trying to find joy in the kitchen after a bumpy, 10-year journey to recovering from an eating disorder. Your recipes have helped me learn to enjoy food and, most importantly, to eat healthy! Thank you so much. I plan to try your chili, stuffed shells, and burrito bowl this week! I’ll let you know how it goes!

Happy New Year! :)

27 Susan B. January 4, 2016

I do get the bed made and am in a yoga class every morning possible, but how I forget the little things as well! I attended an awesome 2016 goal-planning workshop this past weekend, and my list was long and detailed…but I did’t include the little things that can also bring me joy. I will be revising and adding to it now…I loved this post, thank you!! (Note to self: re-read “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo!) Happy New Year, and thank you for your inspiration and positive, always-happy spirit–oh, yes, and those recipes!!! Blessings!

28 Jen A January 4, 2016

I have a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old and we started having them help put away their toys before their afternoon nap and before bed. We started with the 2.5 year old when he was young and he knows that clean up time comes before he goes to bed. It really helps him start the calming down process before bedtime and just kicks off the bedtime routine.

29 Sally January 4, 2016

Thank you for sharing this! I love the idea of focusing on
small habits and rituals. I agree that it is the small, day-to-day
choices that will have the greatest impact (on our life
and our bigger goals). This goes right along with my current
Blog series, “How to have a Healthy & Happy 2016.” I do
hope you and your family have a blessed 2016!

30 Katie @ Adultingdaily January 4, 2016

I totally agree that small tasks add up. I created a list of “16 things for 2016” which includes a list of smaller items, that I think will add up to create a positive year overall. Good luck!

31 suzanne January 4, 2016

Great post Angela! I totally agree that it is the little things that add up to create a more content and fulfilling life. We watched a clip ( I think it was from a commencement speech) of a former Navy Seal who talked about the important things to do and #1 was make your bed! It is one thing accomplished in less than 1-2 minutes…even if your day goes haywire – at least you made your bed! I find I need to make my bed and do a quick vacuum (have 2 dogs that shed a lot) in the morning to feel like the house is in order and I can get on with my work. I would like to do more conscious meal times as well and relaxed tea time – instead of always multitasking….and longer meditation time. And I completely agree with the connection issue – that is my priority this year as it has taken a back seat to work, kids activities etc.

Hope the morning workouts go well for you. I have always found that is best way to fit it in – that way nothing can get in the way of it and you can have some more relaxed time in the evening. Plus it gets your energy moving and mood in a good place to start the day usually.

Thanks so much , as always, for your authenticity and inspiration. May 2016 bring many blessings to you and your family.

32 Lisa January 4, 2016

I also made the making my bed everyday ‘resolution.’ I also want to make sure the kitchen is cleared after dinner. If I let my husband do it, I come down to two sinks full of dishes in the morning. Sadly, that takes him as much time as it takes me to actually clear everything, washing some and loading some into the dishwasher. Efficiency is NOT his middle name. Still working on the other tweaks. I’m working on the OHIO (Only Handle It Once) concept. If it’s in your hand, put it where it belongs.

33 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2016

hahah :)
Love the “OHIO” concept – I’m going to use that!

34 Julie January 4, 2016

Love this post! I thrive on structure, routine and a clean house and as much as I know they shouldn’t, little things can quickly affect my mood such as dishes not done, a messy desk, an unmade bed… I wake up at 5:30 every day to exercise and have some quiet time before the kids wake up and as hard as the actual getting out of bed is, that time is the best start to my day. My hubby takes care of making the bed and cleaning the toys at the end if the day, which is so helpful!

35 Heather January 4, 2016

I really enjoyed this post. It reminded me to remember to do the little things every day that make life enjoyable. I also have a baby and they become the rulers of our schedule, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make time for other things that we enjoyed (like morning workouts) before them. I love your blog and your recipes!
-Heather

36 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 4, 2016

I LOVE this Ange!! I posted my 2016 goals and vision board today, and like you, I have some big goals but also some smaller day to day ones that I’ve incorporated for the sake of fun and happiness. One of those is the daily tidying up sessions that you also mentioned, because when I come home I like my place to feel sanctuary-like! Another is connection with friends more often (it’s one of my central themes actually – a very big focus!)

You mentioned email management and I LOVE that you switched off push notifications! I’m not sure if you’ve heard of Unroll.me for those subscription emails, but if not, it’s a free service that allows you to specify all the emails you want to include in a daily roll-up. (ie those retail ones, the daily dose emails from various magazines, and anything else that you know is probably sent by a machine and not a person!) Instead of those emails going into your inbox one at a time, they all bypass it and collect in an Unroll.me folder, and instead you get a single email from Unroll.me that lists out all those emails grid-style so you can scan them really quick. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now and it’s awesome!

Happy new year, and all the best to you and your gorgeous family for 2016! :)

37 Amy January 4, 2016

One of my favorite rituals during my maternity leave was an afternoon cup of tea with a little nibble- almonds, a piece of cheese, a cracker, a small sweet. I find it a habit that’s hard to keep up when working full time in an office, but with baby #2 headed our way this summer, I’m looking forward to it again! With a July baby instead of a January baby, I suspect I’ll be taking my tea iced, on the porch.

38 Tanya P January 4, 2016

Angela-

Accolades to you! This is great! It is so easy to vision and set out desires, intentions for the life we are building and growing into and towards. But…we can’t get there without being present. Being here, in that moment. And doing those little and oh so big things that matter so much – that bring the joy and happiness that sets the foundation for bigger and more beautiful things. Taking those moments and creating little bits of joy, ends up creating a flood of happiness. And then…the world seems all the brighter…even in January =) Mine is reading – blocking time to turn off everything electronic – and reading. Simple, learning and enjoyment.

39 Tiffany L January 4, 2016

There’s something about a made bed and tidied area that makes you feel so great. I like looking over my room before I leave for work or before moving on to the next thing and feeling accomplished. I’ve been thinking a lot about 2016, the plans for the year and the things I want to accomplish or how I want to feel. Thanks for sharing yours.

40 Erin @ Erin's Inside Job January 4, 2016

These are all great! I’m planning a list of things I DON’T want to continue in the new year as opposed to the normal list of goals that everyone lists out just to mix things up a little bit.

I started making my bed about a month ago and I was surprised at how much better it made me feel. I also love going to bed at night in a freshly made bed. Who knew??

41 Ana @ Ana's Rocket Ship January 4, 2016

Thankyou – this is an excellent and much needed reminder that the little daily goals are just as (if not more) important than the little ones!!! Now I’m just off to make my bed…

42 Niki January 4, 2016

Great goal setting!! I’m just curious if you have a current favourite online Barre workout? Please share if you do :)

43 AGS January 4, 2016

This is great stuff! It will save your life! (I only slightly exaggerate). You will find a sense of peace attends these simple efforts. When baby #3 came along, we really instituted a lot of standards for the house to keep it running smoothly.

One of them was the 1 toy at a time rule: each child gets 1 toy to play with, and must put it away before he/she can take out another. This took some time to implement but our 4 and 2 year old follow it almost perfectly with only a few reminders. We “help” the 1 year old with this.

The second was the house had to be put back together at the end of every day. It’s hectic from 6:30-7:30, but the entire place is picked up, all dishes put away, vacuumed around table and kitchen, coffee prepped, etc., etc. And we also do 1 load of laundry (plus fold/put away) most evenings.

These steps have greatly simplified our lives, probably because we are no longer living in chaos (which we did for 2-3 years). You will also find it easier to work out in the mornings when these items are in order. Don’t forget to include some outdoor time and time with green growing things. ;)

44 Cassie January 4, 2016

I love all of these! But you can tell at my house what kind of day by if the bed is made. Doing it makes me feel so much better.

45 Arie January 4, 2016

Dear Angela,
I love your outlook on 2016! I myself have been caught in the “tunnel vision” of goal setting. Especially during the holidays, it’s hard to even find time to really sit down and set some goals! I need time to ponder and reflect on the previous year and then meditate on what I want my life to cultivate the following year. I guess I am slow :) But I love your idea of focusing on the daily habits that make our lives run smoother and free of stress.

Thank you for your blog, your words of inspiration, and of course, your cookbook! I recently have been turned off to protein powder, and I love that your recipes call for whole food ingredients. I love to bake (and cook, too, I suppose), but working full time makes it difficult to find time (there is always time! Just not as MUCH time as I would like) to experiment and create my own recipes. I know that even if I don’t have time for a “trial run”, if I need to make a dish to bring to an event, I can count on your recipes to be delicious and easy to make!

Much love,
~Arie

46 Cathy January 4, 2016

I love this! I need to make a list of things that make me happy and do the same :) how do you beat boredom from being home with your daughter?

47 Jane January 4, 2016

Angela!

As an ” empty nest mom” ~ these “little tasks” have an impact because the do set the tone.
But more importantly, they start the day on a positive note, rather than I negative. I should have picked up the living room before I went to bed, or now that in hanging in the back of your to do list ~ when you thought you already had a schedule for the day!
At my age I still do these little things & it’s a great start to the day.

PS If any of your readers are getting overwhelmed with keep up I strongly suggest FlyLady
website!

48 Mallory January 4, 2016

You are so inspiring!

When thinking about rituals and habit formation, I am going to follow one of Gretchen Rubin’s Secrets of Adulthood that goes something like: the little bit I do everyday is more important than the big thing I do once and a while. I can easily get swept up in the latest “12 Week Bikini Body Challenge” but give up after 3 weeks because it’s hard! I have to remind myself that a yoga class, a 30-minute walk or a 15-minute YouTube video each day is spectacular!

Thanks for letting this blog be such a positive place. I find it so revitalizing to drop in here and marvel over your beautiful food and find inspiration in your humour and wholehearted living.

Wishing you and your family and wonderful year!

49 Meaghan January 4, 2016

I started making my bed each morning maybe 4 months ago – I LOVE IT. It takes no time at all and my bedroom immediately feels more inviting and calming – and isn’t that how it’s supposed to feel?

Your daily habits for happiness project reminds me of a book I just finished that you might enjoy – Small Move, Big Change. It’s all about habits and how real change is made in the small habits we create for ourselves each day.

Happy New Year!

50 Lauren January 4, 2016

Sounds like some good habits! I’m hoping to develop some similar ones myself x

Wonky Lauren

51 Amanda January 4, 2016

Great post! You are an inspiration to women everywhere!

Happy New Year :)

52 Naomi Arnold January 4, 2016

Ohhhh I love this post so much and am going to make some similar changes to my business and work this year. Happy New Year! x

53 cdpquilter50 January 4, 2016

I like your list. My husband and I have an agreement that the last one in bed, makes the bed. It’s been working.

54 Cecilia January 4, 2016

Making the bed in the morning is one of my favorite things to do. It just feels so good to make the bed in the morning and know when I get home it’s ready for me to cuddle into. Good luck on all of your 2016 goals, they definitely seem worth the energy and effort :)

55 Robin | CaliGirl Cooking January 4, 2016

Love this! We so often get caught up in the “big picture” yet it’s the small, daily changes we make where we notice the difference almost immediately. The gratification from these short-term things can keep us going when the long term goals don’t happen as quickly as we’d hope! Thanks for sharing :-)

56 Marion January 4, 2016

You are SO right. I remember feeling great every time I managed to make my bed regularly, then the habit just seems to slip away again! Oh dear, now I know it is going to be on my list of MUST do every morning. Thank you for the reminder and good luck with building all these little habits into your routine

57 Maria January 4, 2016

My daughter is just a few months younger than yours, and I struggle to find time for workouts, even at home. With your morning workouts, do you do it while she is napping/sleeping?

58 kate s. January 4, 2016

i love this!! happy new year!!!

59 Hollie January 4, 2016

Hi Angela,

Great post! Just wondering where you do your online barre workouts? I’m looking for some good ones!

60 Sarah Lemkus January 5, 2016

Great goals! I started a habit of making my bed a few weeks ago, and boy does it make such a difference. You feel like you can tackle the day properly, no matter what happens. Thanks for sharing

61 Brenda January 5, 2016

I love your posts! This one is a gentle reminder to myself to slooooow done and make some time for me. Small accomplishments generate great results. My children are grown now, but I remember being so frustrated with toys all over the house and I would be so tired at night but I still picked up all the toys. My boys loved having a full toy box in the morning. I then had a brilliant idea which was worked out sooooo well! I bought a small red wagon. Each of the kids pulled the wagon through the house and picked up their own toys. Of course there was cheering along the way from mommy. Within a week it was a habit and I got to rest at night. I miss those mommy times. sigh

62 Michelle January 5, 2016

I love your lunch/tea break, I have a 15 month old and I realized that scarfing something down while she eats is so not worth it. Lately, I’ve been having a relaxed lunch after I put her down for a nap and try to make time for a tea/coffee + treat break too! It’s so nice! Now I just need to get over the guilt of taking some time for myself while she naps instead of trying to get a million things done!

63 Stephanie B January 5, 2016

Happy New Year Angela! Thank you for all your delicious recipes. My husband and I have been really enjoying them! For 2016, I am finally transitioning into a vegetarian diet (with the help of a lot of your recipes!) and I am finding so far that the most difficult part is the social aspect of this transition. I have just returned from being away at my in-laws, and celebrating the holidays, and I don’t know what the best way is to inform people of my new diet, in a way that doesn’t make things difficult for my family members! I’m really confused as to how to go about this in a polite way that doesn’t offend Grandma when she makes beef soup (for example) or when my dad is arguing with me that I should “just eat the steak” and I’m wondering if you have any advice, or if you could write a blog about this. Thanks again and keep up the fabulous work!

64 Yoora January 5, 2016

I completely agree with your point about email management. Disabling notifications on my gmail and social media apps has freed me from unnecessary stress and tension. I still check every once in a while but definitely check less than when I had the notification alert on!

It’s always the small things that count and matter :)

65 Julia January 5, 2016

What a refreshing and relatable take on setting goals in the new year!

66 Christine January 5, 2016

Angela, Happy New Year to you and your family. Can’t wait for the new book. Sad to wish away the time but so excited. You changed my eating habits and I’ve not looked back.
Love your list but quick thing re your bed making. It’s actually good not to make the bed first thing (yes, that’s right). You should actually pull back all covers upon waking and leave for majority of the day (I manage until lunchtime then its bugs me as it looks messy). This helps to kill any nasties in your bed. Sounds terrible but we sweat in our sleep, shed skin cells and this is what feeds those nasties. By exposing the bed to air temps and not keeping the heat in after waking then the nasties are killed off (yeah). Anyway, I read that recently so who knows if its true but worth a shot plus if you do this then you can put another small daily habit on there or take an extra 5 mins for coffee – yes, yes!!!

67 Victoria January 5, 2016

I loved this different type of post! I’m not a fan of new years resolutions, but these are so simple and small that I’m inspired to try a few myself! xx

68 neissa January 5, 2016

This is great stuff! Thank you for sharing such practical goals that make a BIG difference in your day. With children and even without, it’s the small things that make the biggest impact.

69 Jen January 5, 2016

This post was a great reminder of some of the smaller things I can do each day that will make life a little easier! Making the bed is so quick, and makes crawling into it at the end of the day that much more relaxing.
I used to work out in the morning because I had read so much about how exercise in the evening can effect your sleep. I finally had to switch to evening due to work and was presently surprised that I sleep better than ever. It just shows how we are all different and need to figure out for ourselves what works best.
I made 10 resolutions for January for my blog, but I’m going to add a few of these goals in there too, to add some order to my chaos!

70 KJ | Omnomherbivore January 6, 2016

This is a cute idea :) Those little things can really tweak your outlook for the day!

71 Kathy January 6, 2016

Angela, thank you so much for this post! As always, it is honest and uplifting at the same time while being such an encouragement. I had never thought about the push notifications – that is genius! I run a business from my home, too, and Flylady.com has had a lot of positive impact on my home maintenance. I don’t subscribe to the feeds (because of the volume of email) but it is great to look up specific ideas to de-clutter an area of the house.

If you go onto the Direct Marketing Associations website, you can enter any applicable email addresses/mail address to NOT get sales/catalogs. I’ve done this yearly for the past couple of years and it really helps control what comes in.

I brought your “1 smoothie and 1 salad a day” challenge into 2016 and it’s crazy hair how much I crave those salads now…I even had one for breakfast! Ha!

Kudos to you and Eric for building your business while your daughter is so young and putting In the necessary self-care/routines to be healthy and happy in the process. :) Happy New Year!

72 Lauren January 6, 2016

LOVE these. I think it’s a great idea to aim for the little things that make a big difference. I may adapt a few of these same ones myself! And, I also like an idea I heard of 52 small goals each week rather than one or two large resolutions. So in addition to these little daily things that add up to a lot, I may try to set occasional weekly goals too, to keep me going.

I am desperate to try and switch my workouts to morning, but have always struggled as I feel that I don’t have as much energy and can’t work as hard as I can in the evening. I’m going to try eating just something little to see if that helps but if you have any more tips please share!

Lauren

73 Laila Heidema January 6, 2016

Great list! It has already inspired me to look at what daily habits I want to strengthen. It’s also helpful to consider the difference between small daily habits that contribute to your overall quality of life and those big milestones we seem to always be focused on. So, thanks!

Quick note: Anything else coming on motherhood? I’ve so enjoyed your posts on the topic.

74 Anna Lee January 6, 2016

Such a wonderful post, Angela! I’m so baffled as to how I’ve never even considered tiny goals to be a part of the bigger picture, that doing these little things would give me a small (but much needed!) satisfaction or joy, and it all makes perfect sense. Even when I subconsciously do a tiny favor for myself (take extra time to enjoy my daily cup of tea or making sure ALL the laundry is put away straight out of the dryer and not half-assing it later in the day haha), I feel extraordinarily better than when I neglect these things. And I am 110% for morning workouts! I feel drastically different when I push my workout to the end of the day, which most of the time culminates in me convincing myself I’m too tired to even bother working out.

75 Annaliese January 6, 2016

Great post! I love it. I too struggled to define lofty and large goals for myself in 2016 (uhh, finish grad school and successfully defend my thesis next week is the biggest one!). I am a big goal-setter as well, but agree this year does feel a bit different…I like your idea of focusing on the small rituals and daily-habits…it makes so much sense. And yeah, the thing about making the bed in the morning! Something about crawling into tidy pillows and blankets, just to mess them all up again!! Happy 2016!

76 Bita January 7, 2016

Angela, I think you are on the right track – making small changes and tweaks daily surely will help bring more joy to your life than any lofty unfulfilled Goal. Kudos for figuring that out! My favorite of the things you listed is the last thing, Connecting with family and friends…did you save the best for last? I remember how busy life is with young kids in the house (ours are teen-ages now) and how easy it is to lose touch with loved ones. I always feel better after hanging out with a good friend or family member even when I think I’m too busy. Happiest of New Years to you dear! Hugs and cheers, Bita

77 Laetitia January 7, 2016

you are so right about the bed, it sets the tone to the day, and I’ve found all sorts of excuses not to do it.

78 Pam January 7, 2016

Hi Angela,

I had a question. I have your cookbook ❤️❤️❤️. Can I make the 10 Spice Vegetable soup in advance? I wondered how the cashew cream would be in the soup after a few days in the fridge or how it would turn out if I tried to freeze the soup and save for a later date?

Thoughts? Thanks for your help,

Pam

79 Jen @ sweetgreenkitchen.com January 7, 2016

I try to make my bed every morning, it just makes me so much happier to walk into the room and have one part of my world, at least be neat and tidy and not quite so chaotic. I find the small things in life can make the biggest difference! Best of luck with all your goals. One of mine is getting to post on my blog more than once a month, but that’s a big one for me :-)

80 Sherrie January 7, 2016

Daily habits for happiness – great idea! Making my bed has always been a big thing for me as it’s the biggest piece of furniture in the room and can easily make the space messy and therefore upsetting or all dressed and welcoming. My kids don’t always agree. Taking time to call family and friends is something I aim to do more of – it’s happiness x 2.

81 Samantha January 7, 2016

I love this! I recently just started to make the bed every morning (which definitely helps – I find it makes it easier for me to relax and fall asleep when I get ready for bed!). I also dedicate 10-15 minutes of my hour lunch break to tidying up the house. 10-15 minutes goes a long way when tidying :) Thanks for the reminder that it’s the little things that matter most !

82 Tiffany January 7, 2016

I can tell that your little girl is ADORABLE. She looks just like mine from the back; I believe she is only a couple of months older than my little one. I do not blame you for not showing photos of her face. I do the same thing – smart mama!

83 Heidi January 8, 2016

Hi!
I found your blog just a few days ago, but I`m already in love.
Thank you so much for all these amazing recipes.

Greetings from Finland

Love, Heidi

84 Laura January 8, 2016

Angela,

Thank you so much for writing such a refreshing, real, inspiring, and honest post! I think it is so powerful to make small changes in your life instead of trying to tackle huge, unattainable goals and always focusing on the next “big goal” in life. Right now I am facing a lot in 2016- getting married on paper to get my husband on my overseas posting “orders,” moving him overseas to be with me, planning our wedding back in the states from overseas, then moving back to the states, buying our first house, and starting a new job. That’s pretty scary stuff!! But I just try to focus on one day, one step at a time, and I know it will all work out and it will all be wonderful. I cannot tell you how much your blog and cookbook have changed my life. My small goal for 2015 was to stop putting sugar in my coffee- now it’s 2016 and not only did I stop putting sugar in my coffee, but I also am practically vegan, hardly drink coffee anymore, and have cut out all meat completely. I also lost that extra weight that was driving me nuts but didn’t seem to go away even though I regularly run marathons! Small changes can have such a huge impact! And one simple step that you can do consistently can inspire to take another step, and then another. For me- going vegan was terrifying and hard, but I started with just your two-day vegan “cleanse” post and went from there- two days turned into two weeks turned into two months!! Anyway- thanks so much for everything that you do- your inspiring posts, your fun photos on instagram, and your amazing recipes- they all make me so happy and keep me on the right, healthy path which has been so great for me and my fiance together.

hugs,
Laura

85 Sara January 8, 2016

Hi Angela! Just wanted to say that I’m loving your Snapchats! You inspired me to try a matcha latte this morning, so yum! Hope your happiness carries all through the year :)

86 Sherry January 8, 2016

I agree 100% – small daily habits have a profound effect on happiness. Did you happen to read Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin? The book talks about this exact thing and has tons of great suggestions to build and create good habits. I recently read it and loved it.

87 Hanane Serhan January 9, 2016

As I have working on my goals, this is inspiring!

88 Naomi Teeter January 9, 2016

I’m so with you on the morning workouts! I need to shift back to mornings, too.

Another goal for 2016: use my business branding more in my personal life so that every purchase decision is one that aligns with my values.

89 Jennifer January 10, 2016

I loved this. It just induced my own epiphany. Lol. Lovely piece

90 Kristine Beve January 10, 2016

Amazing list of goals :)

91 Irene January 10, 2016

Hi Angela! Happy New Year and CHEERS to the little things in life. They can make all the difference!! Thanks for all the inspiration!!

92 Lydia January 11, 2016

I like your plan :) Making the bed each morning is mandatory for the start o my day :) and coffee/tea breaks :)

93 Sam @ Startup Housewife January 11, 2016

This is a great happiness plan.

I listen to a podcast called Happier sometimes and one of the episodes was about tiny things that can really improve your life. I wish I could get into the habit of making my bed in the morning (I don’t care one iota about climbing into a messy bed – it’s kind of like a cocoon I think) as this was one of the big ones they discussed for pretty much the exact reasons you mentioned.

Happy New Year!

94 Marcelle Fabia at chicbalance.com January 12, 2016

Love this :) Very inspiring!

95 Nikki January 12, 2016

I’m going back to the basics this year too. It’s easy to focus on the big things, vacations, promotions etc. but you can get lost a little in the day to day, going through the motions without really being present. So this year I’m focusing on all the little things to try and make each day better.

96 Lois January 12, 2016

Hi Angela, I came to your blog by happy accident. As with you, the new year brings me to make some small changes that will have a big impact. I am not a vegetarian but thought I would try incorporating more vegetarian meals into our usual dinner rotation. I was searching Amazon for cookbooks, yours came up as one of the options. After reading the blurb about it I checked out your blog and I was convinced I came to the right place. Your book arrived yesterday, and tonight I made your Warm + Roasted Winter Salad… It was fabulous. My husband (not a vegetarian either) had seconds! I am looking forward to trying many more of your recipes. Thanks for doing what you do.
Lois

97 Nikki January 13, 2016

This is such an amazing post :) Thanks for sharing xo

98 K January 14, 2016

Hi Angela,

I wanted you to check out TTapp workout from Teresa Tapp. I am a stay at home mom with three and I have persoanlly benefitted from TTapp so much so that I highly recommend it to all my friends n family.

There is a website where you can Try it before you buy, and there are free workouts on YouTube, but you will need Teresa’s “Fit And Fabulous in 15-minutes” book to understand the details of each workout. This book also has a 30% coupon at the end of book, so you can buy the book and the basic workout and then ask the sales person to apply the discount at the same time.

Kirana.

99 Steph January 14, 2016

I love this idea! This year, my husband and I decided that everyday we were going to add a little bit of fun. “Fun” can be anything from playing a quick card game, to snuggling up with a movie, a hike, to a full on night out with friends. We’ve been taking pictures each day and at the end of the year we are going to put them together using one of those online scrapbook websites and get it printed. Some days our fun activity together only is a few minutes, but those few minutes together are enough to reset us after long days at work and reconnect us!

100 Michelle January 14, 2016

So glad I came across your blog

101 Mala January 15, 2016

Sounds great Angela! I like connecting with friends, family and daily work out in your plan.

102 Mark January 15, 2016

Thank you very much!

103 Kristin January 16, 2016

I started making my bed every morning and it makes such a difference to start the day that way! It just clears the noise for the day!

104 Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco January 16, 2016

Lots of love and best wishes in the new year for you Angela. xo

105 LN January 16, 2016

I have been loving barre workouts too lately! Just curious which online barre resource you use Angela? Thanks :)

106 Ginny McMeans January 17, 2016

Such inspiration and good ideas. I’ll be sitting down with my pen tomorrow.

107 Katie January 17, 2016

Loving that tonic tea, especially in an effort to rid myself of a cold that won’t go away. I subbed chamomile tea (my local market didn’t have ginger?!) and sprinkled in ginger instead. Still pretty tasty- thanks for sharing.

108 Christine January 17, 2016

Daily habits make such a big impact on my life! For your email check out the Whisker Widget in the Chrome store. You can set a “whisk” for each email list you’re on, and tell Gmail to only keep the most recent message from that sender, or to only keep messages from that sender for 10 days. It cut my inbox by 75% but I didn’t have to unsubscribe from email lists that I actually like. Let me know if you try it out.

109 Todd January 17, 2016

Love it. I talked about similar stuff in a blog post I wrote. My theory is life is 99% small things and 1% big things. The small things is what 2016 is about for me.

110 Cayley January 18, 2016

Oh I just love this!
cayleyboylan.blogspot.com.au

111 Anne Gannon January 18, 2016

Hi Angela!
We have some similar new year resolutions. I just wanted to give a shout out to all the inspiration you have distilled in me. I started veganism 5 years ago, I started to follow your blog (my first blog I ever followed) and would always be checking it everyday in anticipation for your next blog post. Your blog inspired my food creations and eventually starting a blog of my own.
Anyway, I after all this time I still find myself coming back to your blog. You have such talent and I love viewing your posts to this day!

112 Your Parnter in Passion Kait January 18, 2016

LOVE these! Making my bed has made such a big difference in my peace of mind (we also live in a studio so I can see the bed from…anywhere else in the room). Same for turning off notifications for email and social and using filters and folders to organize my gmail. It means I miss breaking news sometimes but my peace of mind is SO worth it.

Also, have you heard of the Desire Map? It’s a different way of goal-setting whereby you ditch traditional goals and instead focus on how you want to feel. Danielle LaPorte, who created the method, is big on the fact that the process should feel just as [insert your core desired feelings here] as the outcome. And that feeling good is the point of it all. It’s been really transformative for me – I use my core desired feelings as a mantra for tough meetings/workouts/days/times, to help me make decision a la “Is this going to help me feel more x?”, and more. I don’t work for Team D (though in full disclosure, I am an affiliate) but I’m a huge fan and like introducing people to her work. You can check it out here: http://www.daniellelaporte.com/?dlap=20122

I also LOVE Gretchen Rubin’s take on habits – which that there’s no one “right” way to create them. You gotta work with what you have. Her book Better than Before and her Podcast, Happier, have been a BIG part of my self-acceptance (her underlying message is that there’s nothing wrong with you if you don’t fit the “typical” good habit profile) and positive habit-forming journey over the last 6 months.

xoxox

113 Milissa January 18, 2016

I always try to set attainable intentions each year because i feel like it’s so important to feel like I’m accomplishing SOMETHING rather than feeling like I’m slacking, so this post really echoed my style! I HAVE to make the bed each day and clutter drives me nuts, so I’m always tidying. I read a book a few years back on cleaning and organizing (right up my type A alley…) that laid out a plan for cleaning 10-20 minutes each day, so that the whole house always looked great. I still implement this mindset and it gives me such a sense of peace and harmony in our home;) I commend you on two areas I really struggle with and that’s the dedicated family time and the coffee/tea/tonic time…our work schedules and having both a fourth grader involved in sports etcetera and a preschooler makes that quality time hard to come by. And it seems the only time I can find to enjoy a cup of tea is after everyone else is in bed. But I am inspired to look harder at each day and see what can be eliminated and used for the really important stuff. Like laughing with my kids, snuggling with my husband, a hot bubble bath and even that cup of tea. OH!! And vegan chessecake!!!!

114 Andrew Dorko January 19, 2016

Really amazing plan. It’s always tough for me to find time to tackle workouts, healthy workouts etc. This is something I have to work on in 2016!

115 Smith Martin January 19, 2016

Great article .I found this article really helpful and interesting to read .It is best article to read .A big thanks for sharing the article with us .

116 Kathleen January 20, 2016

Just found your site and am enjoying it. I’m new to being a vegan and can use all the help I can get. Thanks for your input.

117 Barbara January 20, 2016

Great post. Another daily habit for the list for me is, don’t leave dishes in the sink.
Barbara at

118 May January 20, 2016

Wow. I really love this and it completely inspired me! I hope you don’t mind me mentioning you in my post :)

119 Brenda January 23, 2016

This is wonderful, Angela! I really love the one about moving your workouts to the morning. I’ve started working out more in the evenings and it’s definitely not as pleasant. Thank you so much for sharing this, daily habits are what I want to work on this year too :) Please post updates!

120 Fanya @ Bliss Half Full January 25, 2016

What a wonderful post. It is amazing how little things like that can make such a huge difference in the day and life in general. I’m still working on adding the workouts to my morning routine, but making the bed I added a couple of months ago along with the daily tidying. Also started eating breakfast (before coffee) which is a first for me, probably since elementary school. Your recipes help that greatly. (Not so) patiently awaiting your next book.

121 Anna @ Your Healthy Place January 27, 2016

There’s definitely to that saying, “it’s about the journey, not the destination”. The great thing about being goal-oriented is we tend to get a lot done and achieved when we have that mindset, but the whole ‘stopping to smell the roses’ idea can be lost on us! Thanks for the reminder, Ange.

122 Jessie, FlusteredMom January 27, 2016

I need to set a goal of doing daily email tidying. I have a decade of saved emails! (And I have no idea why i saved most of them.)

123 Cawfee Kath January 28, 2016

Love this ! I agree—-will make this a year to “Be more, do less” and focus on completing tasks in total before starting something new. And keep an intention in my heart daily after I write my Gratitude.

May this be a year of good health and all round blessings for each and every of us.

124 Reiki Nurse January 28, 2016

Greetings, Angela!

I absolutely LOVE your website and I just got your first cook book last week! I’ve been cooking up a Vegan storm since! This morning, I made the apple pie oatmeal and the seeding flatbread (OUT OF THIS WORLD!)

We have a lovely bistro here in West Palm Beach, FL called Darbster’s that is exclusively devoted to vegan cuisine, and I had a stuffed avocado there that was to die for. I can’t seem to find a recipe for a stuffed avocado anywhere. This one had nut cheese and some other delights in it. Do you have any stuffed avocado recipes to share? If not, no big deal. I eat avocados as is most of the time :)

Loving your blog, Angela! Keep up the great work!

RN

125 Cocktail Saturdays January 28, 2016

I’m with you on the daily tidying. A clear space equals a clear mind!

Not sure if this has been recommended but you should take a look at The Happiness Planner by BrandMentalist. It’s a daily journal which really focuses your thinking on what makes you happy.

126 Audrey January 29, 2016

Hi, Angela! I recently just finished writing a similar post about daily habits I incorporate the combat the chaos that comes with being a special education teacher. After drafting it last week, I noticed how much more consistent I became! It feels great to have a few constants in my day. Also, stacking your habits (kind of clustering a few together) can help create a domino effect, making it much easier to complete multiple habits on your list, which will truly make it a habit.

If you haven’t discovered Leo Babauta (www.zenhabits.com) or Anthony Ongaro (www.breakthetwitch.com), I think you’d really enjoy reading their stuff. Your reflection on small habits making a big impact and distancing yourself from technology made me think of them immediately.

Happy 2016!

127 marianaflow.com January 29, 2016

Wow, it is so inspiring! Health daily habits are life-changing.
My current daily habits: 20 minutes of meditation. reiki self treatment. do yoga. do one thing at time. drink my tea with mindfulness. turn off tv while eating. repeat a positive affirmation on morning.

128 Mary January 29, 2016

thanks for sharing your secrets. gotta take it one day at a time. it’s tough sometimes to keep thoughts together enough to remember what my priorities are each day and not allow myself to take on tasks that aren’t really “important”, but really trying to stay organized and pare down is a good feeling.

129 Christine January 30, 2016

That article resonates a lot with me…I gave birth in November and ever since my life seems to be a mess from dawn till dusk ;-) I am trying to put some of your ideas into practise, too. Thank you for your wonderful blog! I read it religiously and it is a constant source of inspiration!

130 Cara January 30, 2016

Totally off-topic request: I started avoiding refined white sugar after reading The Kind Diet, sometime around when I started reading your site some five years ago. I really appreciate all of your recipes with low or no refined sugar. But usually if I want to make an old recipe with not that much sugar in it, I just swap out one for one with maple sugar. (Maple sugar promises to be more sweet than regular and says I can put in less, but I have not found that.) I was just curious, though, how you go about choosing which sweeteners you use in your baked goods. (Like, why coconut sugar one time and not another?) Would you write a blog post about what we need to know to bake with the different less-refined sugars? Please? Thanks!

131 Diana January 31, 2016

Hello!!
This is exactly that, what is going in my life. :-D
Thanks for your blog. Now that I read this, I see clear!!!!
:) :) :) :)

132 Jenny January 31, 2016

Hi Angela, I’m not sure if you seen the new app developed by Jamie Oliver but it’s all about micro actions daily that help you to reach those bigger goals, it includes the small simple actions I think you’d really like it. I started a few months ago and found it has really helped me to remember to do the little things. Anyway it’s called You-app by Jamie Oliver. You can just goggle it. Thanks and by the way I’m a huge fan xx

133 Frances January 31, 2016

Love all of these! It is so important to set intentions for the year, and I love what you have chosen!
Wishing you and your beautiful family all the best.

134 Rodrigo February 1, 2016

Great post, very inspiring!
Making the bed every morning sound simple but it is not hahaha.
Myself, I`ve never done it! I always wake up in a rush to go out to work. Hopefully I will change that soon!

135 Bianca February 2, 2016

I like to do a little bit of tidying each day so it doesn’t add up and then spend hours doing a massive clean! Also taking 10 mins each day for some meditation has made a huge difference too.

136 BakeTheBun February 15, 2016

I’m new to reading this blog, but I have to say I really enjoyed reading your daily habits. A nice reminder that tiny changes make a big difference!

137 Ted February 24, 2016

Added getting proper nap at night

138 Amy February 24, 2016

As a business owner (not a mom yet!), I can completely understand all of these! I am definitely going to incorporate a few of these into my daily routine as well :)

139 Erin Vargas February 25, 2016

140 Angela Liddon February 25, 2016

Hi Erin, I hope the tea is helping! Get well soon. :)

141 paula March 12, 2016

Angela I love your website and your book. I am a carnivore but your food works for me and I love making your recipes. You work hard and I am impressed. I am definitely following your habits for happiness 2016 too. Mothers of small children have more energy than anyone I know so more strength and creativity will be coming your way as your daughter grows. I am an old lady now also so from experience I know this is true. I will enjoy your future creativity, as well as keeping up what you have taught me. God bless you.
paula

142 Angela Liddon March 17, 2016

Thank you so much for the kind words, Paula. I truly appreciate your thoughts and support!

143 Sheri March 20, 2016

I love these habits. A couple of things I do to make my mornings easier is, I always make sure the kitchen is clean before I go to bed. No dishes in the sink, counters wiped and stove is clean. I work from home and the first couple of months were hard, I would lounge around in my pj’s until 1pm, a couple of times I got caught having to run something to schools for the kids. NO shower, teeth not brushes, no make up, etc. So now I get up about 20 minutes earlier, shower, get dressed and put on a bit of make up. If I’m caught having to run out, I’m ready. It also make me feel better about myself during the day, that I am, for me, put together. Thanks for the tips.

144 Angela Liddon March 22, 2016

Thank you for sharing, Sheri!

145 JET April 4, 2016

Love it

146 Joshua Syna April 11, 2016

Great habits for 2016 especially connecting with friends and family!

147 carol May 28, 2016

I also make my bed every morning.. husband does if he is working from home and last one out! It makes a huge difference to when I get home from work. Morning workout also the way to go. I am really in a workout slip but with summer here in 2 weeks I will emerge with vengeance! I am a teacher so summer has a very special meaning! I just recently discovered you not sure how but your cookbook looks intriguing I am not vegan or even remotely vegetarian but I am a cook and the recipes look dazzling and who would not want to glow? I am also in awe of you running in Ontario water while I live in San Diego.Gives me appreciation and perspective! Have you red The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin? Another blogger turned author go getter like you! Congrats!

148 Billy Bons June 10, 2016

Hello Angela!
I read your blog quite often and I really like your recipes, they are so yammy)). And i want to know have you ever tried to use shilajit as a food supplement? It will be interesting to know your opinion about this product.

Thank you!