U.S. Cookbook Cover Reveal + Mini Book Q & A

bookcover   U.S. Cookbook Cover Reveal + Mini Book Q & A

Today, I’m excited to reveal the U.S. cover of my cookbook at long last! Many of you have already come across this cover on Amazon.com as it’s been up there for a while now, but of course, I wanted to reveal it on the blog too. I found this gorgeous bunch of rainbow carrots at a local market earlier this year and I was dying to take photos of it. At the time, I had no idea this carrot photo would be selected for the cover – or turn into one of my favourite side dish recipes in the book. I can’t wait for you to see the “after” photo and recipe inside the book. I may or may not have inhaled the entire pan shortly after the photo shoot. Well, that applies to pretty much every recipe. Anyway, I love how vibrant and unique this cover is and I think it’s going to really pop off the shelf.

Why two covers?

Some of you asked why we have two different covers, so I thought I’d take a moment to explain the process today. I’m lucky to have two publishers behind this book. My Canadian publisher, Penguin, and my American publisher, Avery (which is an imprint of The Penguin Group), had different visions for my cover which is why we have two. Penguin really wanted to showcase one of my recipe photos on the cover as you saw a few weeks ago, while Avery wanted something more abstract which would emphasize my focus on using whole food, plant-based ingredients. The Canadian cover is found on Amazon.ca and the American cover is on Amazon.com.

Overseas Availability?

I’ve also had some of you ask when the book will be available outside of North America. My publisher is currently in the process of trying to sell the rights to the book overseas, so hopefully I will have good news to report in the coming months. I don’t know if and when that might be though, but I will keep  you posted! Amazon does ship to other countries, so that is always an option too.

Here is a sneak peak of the table of contents:

• Introduction {my story}
  • About this book
  • My natural foods pantry {details my most commonly used ingredients}
  • My favorite kitchen tools & equipment
  • Homemade staples
  • Basic cooking chart
  • Acknowledgments
  • Index
  • About the Author

Pre-orders:

Many of you have told me that you pre-ordered the book and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you. Pre-orders are a big deal in the publishing world because all of the pre-orders count toward the first week of book sales (that is, the release week), increasing an author’s chances of getting on a best seller list. Pre-orders also help publishers predict what kind of numbers to expect during the initial release and help sell the book to other retailers. So in other words, your pre-orders make a huge impact and I greatly appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to do so!

For all the pre-ordering info, see here.

Ok, if you have made it this far, bless your soul. Enough book talk.

Can we talk a bit about the holidays? I’m having a hard time grasping that it’s nearing the end of November. This year has flown by. Is anyone doing any holiday meal planning? I’m toying with the idea of creating a 3-course vegan holiday menu, step-by-step, featuring some old and some new recipes. A complete holiday menu, vegan styles. I’m thinking a salad to start, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert, all holiday themed of course. Many dishes made the day before. Would this be useful? Am I insane? Let me know. :)

Terri November 24, 2013

Hi Angela,

The Christmas menu idea sounds great. I too have been thinking about our menu (I will unfortunately have to cook turkey for my omnivore family members) but I see no shame in sneaking in some good healthy vegan options as well.
Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Patiently waiting…..
Terri

Jessica Rose November 24, 2013

I live in London so I shall be keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it way over here soon! Congrats and Good Luck with the book.

vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk Jess. x

Britt @ A Life Worth Living November 24, 2013

I’m definitely ordering your book! I’m excited to read it! And I’d love to hear about your holiday menu, plus I love looking at the gorgeous pictures your take lol

anne November 24, 2013

I really like this cover, much prefer it to the other one, to be honest. I’ll go to UK amazon and see if I can pre-order it from there (I hope so!). I think the vegan holiday menu is a wonderful idea, I hope you do it. Best of luck with your book!

Emily-Jane November 24, 2013

I would LOVE some holiday recipes!! I’m in the midst of transitioning to veganism at the moment. I don’t want to waste my yogurts so as soon as those are done it’s vegan all the way!

Hannah November 24, 2013

Squeeeeee! Getting close now my darling!

Louise November 24, 2013

I would LOVE to see some make ahead recipes. I do the dual menu as many do, Meat plus Vegetarian, and I often feel I haven’t made the veggie dishes shine the way I’d like.

Heather November 24, 2013

Hi! I’m very excited for your cookbook, everything I’ve made from your site has been awesome since I started following several months ago! Including the lentil loaf which I made for my vegan option at thanksgiving!

A Christmas menu would be amazingly helpful since menu planning takes me forever… I tried the lentil walnut mushroom balls the other day and they were so good and festive- I will be making them again this holiday season :)

Thanks for all the awesome yummy vegan-ness you post!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Glad to hear this Heather!! Thanks for your feedback & for trying out so many recipes.

Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 24, 2013

So exciting!! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy :)

Jennifer November 24, 2013

Would LOVE the holiday menu! Thank you so much for all you do. Your recipes never disappoint and your photography is beautiful. Book ordered – can’t wait!

Andrea November 24, 2013

Pre-ordered! Sooo excited!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Thank you Andrea! Greatly appreciated :)

Courtney November 24, 2013

I’m so happy for you, Angela. I’m a long-time reader and I really like that your cookbook will be all-encompassing. I am sure it will be a cookbook I use ALL the time; just like I use your blog on a regular basis.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes with us. Whenever I encounter people who want to try veganism, your blog is one of the first, if not the first, ones I mention.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

I hope so too – thanks so much, that means a lot!

Michelle November 24, 2013

Just pre-ordered your cookbook! I love your blog and can’t wait to get your beautiful book. Congratulations!! :)

Adrianna November 24, 2013

A holiday menu would be amazingly helpful. Congratulations on your book. Both covers look beautiful :)

Erin November 24, 2013

A holiday menu would be awesome! My family agreed to an all-vegan Thanksgiving this year and some help in the planning would be really great :) Love this site!

Sarah C. November 24, 2013

I think the publishers made the right choice for the US market (based on nothing more than my own thoughts!) – the emphasis here seems to be on whole ingredients and the locavore type movement, and the farmers’ market style photo here really captures that. I would DEFINITELY have my eye drawn to this gorgeous cover if I walked past it on a bookstore table – even more than the lovely parfait picture on the Canadian cover. Both gorgeous – I just think the US publisher knew what they were doing for this market —- I hope sales bear this out!

Moni November 24, 2013

So so happy for you! I have loved your blog for years and am thrilled to see your success, and I of course will be getting a copy. :) Happy Thanksgiving. Xx Moni

Liz November 24, 2013

Hi Angela!

I am a huge fan of yours since I became vegan about 6 weeks ago. I have been vegetarian for almost a year now. One of the hardest transitions for me was educating my friends and family on what I choose to eat. My mom is a big cook and when I went home for the holidays, she has always made fancy, (cheesy, meaty) meals, and having a new “fancy” vegan meal would be great for us! It might also give me some great ideas for entertaining the vegan way.

Congratulations on your cookbook! I’m angling for it for Christmas :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Thank you Liz! So happy to hear this. :)
I’m working on the 3-course meal today and tomorrow so it *should* be up by Tuesday!!! Hopefully it all pans out :)

Liz November 24, 2013

Thank you! And good luck :)

Sara Nickel November 24, 2013

I can’t wait to get my hands on your cookbook! You’ve worked so hard and it looks beautiful. Congratulations!!

Abby November 24, 2013

Both covers look great, but I have to admit that I prefer the Canadian cover that highlights your photography. ;) At any rate, so exciting and I’m looking forward to the release!

Julia November 24, 2013

Please do release a holiday menu! At your recommendation I made Dreena Burton’s festive chickpea tart for an early Thanksgiving get together last night, it was a huge hit! Next up- your lentil walnut balls.

I can’t wait for your book release- I think the US cover will sell well here in San Francisco.

Janet November 24, 2013

Hello Angela,
Good news: UK Amazon is showing your book for pre-order. Carrot cover for us Brits.
I look forward to the release. Good luck with the sales and, well, from your progress so far I reckon there will more books from you in the future…
Best wishes indeed!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Thanks for letting us know Janet – I appreciate it! And thanks for your best wishes :)

jaimie November 24, 2013

pre-ordered! so excited

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Thanks so much Jaimie!

Heather November 24, 2013

Hi Angela!!
Congrats on your cookbook! I’m so happy for you:)
I’ve been an avid reader of your blog so I’m so excited to be getting your cookbook!
Are they all new recipes that have never been shown on the blog? Or are they a compilation of your recipes?

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Hi Heather,
It will be mostly new recipes (probably 75 or so, not sure on the exact final count, but I can check on that soon) with 30-ish revamped reader favourites from over the years. Even the reader fav recipes were retested multiple times and improved accordingly. Hope this helps! Thanks for your congrats :)

Emma November 24, 2013

Looks lovely Angela! Thanks so much for updating us on the overseas availability too. Fingers crossed!

Daniela November 24, 2013

Pre-ordered as soon as I saw this post! I’m a loyal blog reader and I’m thrilled to be able to give you my support, I can’t wait to see the recipes. Thanks for letting us know Amazon is shipping it overseas, otherwise I wouldn’t have thought of it. Good luck and congratulations, you deserve it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Thanks so much Daniela, I so appreciate it. Hope u enjoy the book!

Debra November 24, 2013

Please, please do that. Especially the part that lets me know what can be made ahead and frozen or made the day before.

Anndrea November 24, 2013

Angela! I’ve been following your blog since you first started it! You’ve been such an inspiration and I am so happy for you! It is so awesome to see your cookbook come together! I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

<3 Anndrea

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 24, 2013

Thanks Anndrea! :)

Caroline November 24, 2013

Congrats on your beautiful cookbook. That cover looks fantastic, and I can’t wait to check the book out!

Katie November 24, 2013

I am so excited for the cookbook. My husband is too, because he always loves it when I make your recipes!

I’m looking forward to your holiday menu. Your thanksgiving menu (from a couple of years ago I think…) is a go-to for me. I saved the pdf and use it all the time for entertaining! (Be it Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas.)

Braelynne November 24, 2013

Last year a friend told me how great your site was and I’m so glad he did because you have so many delicious recipes and your blog even inspired me to start baking/cooking and make my own blog. :) Congratulations on your book, both covers look great! A holiday menu would be amazing and super helpful!

kristen November 24, 2013

I would absolutely LOVE the idea of a 3 course holiday menu!!!! please please please!!! So far your cranberry, apricot, pecan rice pilaf and sinless toffee pecan cake are my favs!!!!

susanj November 24, 2013

You are not insane! Please please show us the holiday menu and recipes.. Love the cover of your book. Heading to amazon to pre-order now.

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen November 24, 2013

I had no idea that the pre-orders help you out so much! I was going to just wait to buy it at Chapters but now that I know this, I’ll make sure to pre-order my copy. :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life November 24, 2013

I’d love a holiday menu! Congrats on the cookbook again :) I can’t wait to get my copy!

Averie @ Averie Cooks November 24, 2013

Omg I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

And how is this for weird…I just got done shooting the cover for my 2nd cookbook, TODAY. Like I was up all night baking and spent the day styling, shooting, and obsessing. I need a drink :)

Girl I cannot even imagine shooting two covers. Then again, you didn’t necessarily ‘know’ this was going to be the cover whereas the other one was a mad scramble, I remember reading that story as I was in my own little hell today!

I love those carrots. They pop, they’re awesome, and this book will fly off the shelves. CONGRATS!!!!

Anna November 24, 2013

Yes! Holiday menu please!

Elyse @ Lizzie Fit November 24, 2013

I pre-ordered and I am like a kid waiting for Christmas to get this book! I am like a kid waiting for the real Christmas too! I can’t wait to see what you come up with this year. No pressure to go all out with a menu but I would love some vegan main course recipes :)

Luv What You Do November 24, 2013

Congrats! That is a beautiful cover!

Louise November 24, 2013

Hi! I am definitely pre-ordering your book from Amazon (I’m from Australia) but just wanted to check whether it’s best to order from the CA or US website regarding measurements (imperial vs metric) or whether both are listed in your recipes?
Thankyou, and I hope this isn’t a silly question! Very much looking forward to March 2014.

Page 1 of 3123»