Old Man Winter Vs. Heart of Gold

Leave it to Old Man Winter to arrive promptly before my first race in almost 16 months.

IMG_2296

Impeccable timing, Old Man.

I swear, it was mild and there was no snow on the ground when I booked the race. As soon as I booked, a storm moved in on the weekend and the temperature plummeted. Go figure. I guess that is the thrill of racing during the winter. You never know what the conditions will be like.

After waking up to the blowing snow and a nasty –14C windchill, I was clearly overjoyed to be racing…

IMG_2277

bahaha. Where is that runner’s high when you need one? I swear to you, if I hadn’t blogged about running this race, I probably would’ve bailed on it. Nothing like online accountability.

For warmth, I wore 4 layers on top (tank, long sleeved shirt, pullover, and zip up jacket), one layer on bottom, two pairs of socks, gloves, hat, headband. For “entertainment”, I brought my ipod shuffle and Garmin. For breakfast, I had a smoothie with frozen berries. I figured I could acclimatize myself with a cold drink! No such luck. I also had a ginger tea for the car ride as my stomach was feeling a bit jittery.

IMG_2287

One good thing about this race was that it didn’t start until 10am, so I got to sleep in a bit longer than most races.

Thankfully, Eric still wanted to come despite the weather. And he drove us as well. I was already nervous enough about racing on snow-covered roads, so it was nice not to have to drive on them too!

IMG_2299

On our way, the snow was coming down quite hard. I started to get really nervous as I’ve never run in these conditions before!

IMG_2300

After getting my chip and bib and killing a 1/2 hour before the start, it was finally time to line up. I was freezing my tail off, but decided not to warm up because the rest of the roads were all slushy and I didn’t want to soak my feet before starting. Nothing like starting a 5km race with frozen blood!

IMG_2304

This was a special Valentine’s Day race, so they had all the couple’s wrists tied together with a piece of red ribbon! Very cute idea. I debated hand-cuffing Eric to my arm so he’d have to run with me, but with his ball and chain it would probably slow me down. No one needs that. ;)

I was really just jealous that he got to go inside (in the warmth) to wait for me!

IMG_2305

As you can see, it wasn’t a huge race! I would guess around 175-200 runners.

No shot gun, no horn, no bell. Just an old-fashioned count down and we were off!

IMG_2307

In all of my races, I’ve always tried to start off slower and build speed, but with the 5km most runners seem to just sprint the entire distance, so that’s what I ended up doing too!

I didn’t have a time or pace goal for this race, but I settled into a pace around 7:15-7:45 minute/mile for most of the course. And by settled, I mean I struggled and fought my absolute hardest to stay there. I noticed some runners were slowing down after the 3km mark, so I used that opportunity to pass about 6 or 7 runners throughout the second half of the course. It was a great way to boost my mental stamina, especially when I started to get really tired.

Thankfully, Old Man Winter relented and the snow stopped during the race. I just had to deal with the cold, which was quickly freezing my toes, nose, and fingers, even with all my layers. My nose was also running like crazy. About 3 km into the course, my feet and hands finally warmed up.

The course was a basic flat loop with a couple small inclines. Finally, I turned the last corner and saw the finish line. It was hard to believe that I had been running just over 20 minutes at this point because I felt exhausted!

I couldn’t really find the energy in me to sprint near the end, but I realized that was probably because I was already sprinting! I just maintained my speed and picked it up right before the finish line.

IMG_2310

As always, I was so happy to be across that finish line!

IMG_2312

Catching my breath!

IMG_2314

My official chip time is 23:07!

I was also given a beautiful finisher’s medal!

IMG_2325

I’m not sure what it’s made out of, but I’m going to pretend it’s 14 carat gold. ;)

And boy is it HEAVY. It’s easily the biggest/heaviest medal I own.

IMG_2323

Who needs jewelry on Valentine’s Day when you have this bad boy?

Shortly after arriving home, Sketchie peeked his head out of his favourite box and said, “I don’t run for anything!”, before curling up for the rest of his afternoon nap.

IMG_2268

And just like that, I ended my 16-month racing hiatus. Somehow, it feels like I was never gone.

Next up, the Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5k on March 4th. I’m already looking forward to it!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 13, 2012

OMG Ange, I can’t believe you actually did it!! Online accountability at it’s finest! I’m glad you had a good race, and what a beauty of a medal. ;) Is that one framed and hanging up in the living room yet? :D

2 Tracy February 13, 2012

Congrats! I can’t believe you did that in those cold conditions. I would have promptly got right back in bed and pulled the covers over my head! You should be so proud! and isn’t that your time in the picture of you crossing the finish line? 23:07? Amazing time if that’s what it was. You inspire me! :)

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 13, 2012

Thanks Tracy! That’s not my official time on the clock in the photo, as it took me a few seconds to cross the start line. I guess my official time is just under that, but it’s pretty close.

4 Samantha Angela February 13, 2012

WoW! That’s an impressive speed (official or not) especially in that weather. I’d love to get my 5K down to that.

5 Jen February 13, 2012

Good work, that’s real commitment to go out in that weather!!

6 Mish February 13, 2012

I think that giving yourself the space and break of 16 months is fabulous. you listened to yourself and now you’ll probably find that you do it for the same and more defining reasons. good on you ange! keep up the great work!

7 Amelia February 13, 2012

Congratulations. You are much braver than I! You definitely would need a hot bath, cup of tea, bowl of soup, and warm bread after those bitter temps! At least it was only a 5k. :)

8 Angela February 13, 2012

heh yea…I came home and had soup, tea, hot shower…nothing better!

9 Michelle@PeachyPalate February 13, 2012

Well done on the race! Running in the cold is a killer, so hard to decide what to wear! I usually end up sweating like crazy up top yet still have freezing hands and feet! Can never get the balance right! Any more races now planned? Have you gotten the racing bug back?

10 Angela February 13, 2012

Thanks Michelle! I’m running another 5k in march and a 10k in April :) maybe it will make the winter go by more quickly?

11 Michelle@Peachy Palate February 13, 2012

I’ve only recently taken up running…doing my first 5k in March and then a 10k in June…super excited! I can almost taste the summer!

12 Jen February 13, 2012

Congrats on your race, I give you so much credit in those conditions!!!! Sketchie is too darn cute!

13 Nancy February 13, 2012

Angela! You’re a speedy one, holy Moses. C grats on getting out there. :)

14 Nancy February 13, 2012

Uh by the way. C grats isn’t a fancy terminology for anything but congrats.I can’t type on my iPad. :( lol

15 Angela February 13, 2012

hah I hate that auto correct!!

16 Karen February 13, 2012

Good going, Ange…Huge congrats on yet another personal triumph!

17 Clair February 13, 2012

Wowee…go you! What an inspiration!

Love love love the last few shots. The medal is soo pretty, and perfect for Valentine’s day! And of course, I always love seeing Sketchie. =)

18 jenna February 13, 2012

Congratulations on persevering and enjoying it! You look so proud in your last photo! I love the pic of Sketchie in his box.

19 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes February 13, 2012

How great!! Good for you girly :)

20 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots February 13, 2012

I think the I would have seen the snow and said I am going back to bed, good for you for going and what a great time for having a 16 month hiatus!

21 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon February 13, 2012

Good for you!! I definitely would have wimped out–despite having spent the past four years in vermont, I’m so NOT tough when it comes to cold and snow!!
I hope the weather is better for your next race!

22 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 13, 2012

You are a brave soul! And you finished so quickly! Congratulations to you.

How bad does the weather have to be before they cancel a race in Canada? I don’t know if the Atlanta crowd would have shown up. LOL!

23 Angela February 13, 2012

heh I’m really not sure! I haven’t heard of a race being cancelled before, but maybe someone else has :)

24 Lauren February 13, 2012

Congrats on the run and actually going through with it! My goodness, I can’t say I would have done the same thing. This post made me feel so warm inside (despite the snow-filled pictures). My favorite part was your ending with a pic of your cat looking all toasty in his cave. Murphy (my beagle) is such a lazy hound dog. I’m watching him curled up on the chair right now…snug as a bug! gotta love those animals. :)

25 Amanda February 13, 2012

Great job! Don’t you feel so hardcore?

I ran a 5K a few weeks ago, it’s called The Penguin run. Our winter in Buffalo has been so mild this year and I thought it’d be ok for a 5K…..instead it snowed HARD with wind. There was at least 3 inches of melty slush at the beginning. After half a mile it alternated between packed snow and not so packed snow. I ran it with my friend and probably wouldn’t have gone if she wasn’t there. We had so much fun despite the weather and snow blowing directly into my eyes.

26 Angela February 13, 2012

nice work! Your race conditions sound worse than mine were! It is a great feeling once it’s all over :) All day long I kept looking out the window thinking…I can’t believe I ran in that!

27 Leia February 13, 2012

Well done! 23 mins for 5 km is an amazing time – it takes me about half an hour to run 5k!

28 Stephanie @ Legally Blinde February 13, 2012

Wow, congratulations! That is such an impressive accomplishment. Just reading about the weather conditions was making me shiver. Hope your next race is a little more pleasant, but at least now you can say that you’ve run in freezing, snowy weather, and excelled at it, as well!

29 Jessica @ Chockohlawtay February 13, 2012

Congrats! It must be such a great feeling to finish a race… I wish I could do it, but my endurance is terrible (I am about to die after one mile, embarrrasssingggg). Anyways, good job!

I think it’s so funny how Canadians never cancel anything due to bad weather. I used to live in Calgary and there were no such thing as snow days, even with 2 feet of snow!

30 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh February 13, 2012

Congrats on the run! It stinks winter deciding to show up for it but it sounds like it wasn’t an issue for you. Love the picture of Sketchie. He almost looks like he was caught doing something naughty!

Have a great week!

31 Sana February 13, 2012

I totally would have stayed home! Great job :)

32 Alex @ Raw Recovery February 13, 2012

Wow I really admire the fact that you just jumped back into racing and completed the race with such a good time! I’m just trying to get back into running my body is still getting over some ED complications so I need to take it slow. Congratulations on finishing and for just signing up and doing it! That’s really great.

33 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 13, 2012

Whoo! You are totally awesome for still going to that race!! I would have totally bailed and stayed home with my coffee and heat!

34 hannah alehandra February 13, 2012

Congratulations and well done, Angela! Aww Sketchie is just too cute.

35 Melissa February 13, 2012

Good for you! :-D

36 Veggie V! @Veggie V's Vegan Adveture February 13, 2012

You’re braver than me for sure! I would have whimped out. I don’t even like walking in the snow. Thank goodness for treadmills! LOL

37 Rhona February 13, 2012

Congrats! Your timing was awesome. I have to say, if it were me, I would still be running. :)
And, yes, Saturday’s weather was just awful.

38 Therese February 13, 2012

Congrats, Angela! My best friend and her fiancé did that race as well (nicely tethered together of course), it’s a tradition they do every year!

Kudos for doing it in that weather too! You must feel extra proud!

39 Angela February 13, 2012

love that! I saw so many cute couples. I love the idea of being tied together because it’s all about team work.

40 Amy February 13, 2012

WOW amazing time!!! Holy smokes! Especially in those conditions! You rock! Welcome back to the racing world! Wooohooo!

41 Sarah February 13, 2012

Impressive!! I think that if I saw that snow out the window, I would cuddle back under the covers. :) Your dedication is truly an inspiration!

42 Carolyn @ Eat.Live.Be Well February 13, 2012

Awesome come back race…. looks like you picked up right where you left off.

43 amy February 13, 2012

Congratulations! As usual, your sense of humor is inspiring!

44 Emily February 13, 2012

Haha, this reminds me of when I would try to convince my boyfriend to run with me last summer. He always went out alone because he could never keep up with me and I “made him feel lazy” :/

45 Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous February 13, 2012

You are so brave for running in that!

46 Alaina February 13, 2012

Way to go Angela!! Those are some not-so-nice conditions, and you kicked butt!! :-)

47 Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove February 13, 2012

That’s amazing! I never could have done this (I would’ve stayed in bed and been lazy all day)

48 Ashley February 13, 2012

Congrats!! What a fast run! I think I could run at that pace for about 1 minute. Well done. :)

49 Ileana February 13, 2012

Congrats! Can’t believe you ran in that cold!

50 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama February 13, 2012

Great job on your race! Brrrrrr!

Did you switch to a partial feed? Please say it ain’t so!!

51 Laura-Ashley February 13, 2012

Major props to you on doing the race!! Quite impressive! I have a hard time getting myself outside running even if the temps are in the 60’s and it’s cloudy out! Congratulations!

52 C.B. February 13, 2012

Congrats! Running in the winter is the best – because stopping is always worse than continuing on and finishing haha.
If you aren’t already, try running in Merino wool socks (a sport version). There are lots of choices at MEC! They’re the only sock I found that will keep your feet warm (one layer is enough), even if your feet get wet.

53 Lindsay @ The Reluctant Runner February 13, 2012

Wow! That time is impressive, especially after your hiatus, and especially considering the weather! Congratulations!
Also–I hope you will consider switching your reader settings back so that I can read your entire posts in my reader! I often click through to comment if I’m on my computer, but if I’m on my ipod/phone, it’s not worth the effort to click through.

54 Vanessa February 13, 2012

WAY TO GO! It always feel so great to cross that finish line! I haven’t run since September, when I ran a half marathon, and your entering these road races inspired me to get my butt back into racing. I registered for the first available run (that wasn’t a hypothermic half marathon) so March 31st I’m praying the weather is better than it was for your race!
Thanks for the inspiration:)

55 Steph@Lungesandlunch February 13, 2012

You’re amazing for doing that, Angela! I definitely feel for you. I thought I had it bad this weekend – I was moving into a new apartment on Saturday. I had the same feelings you did. All week it’s been like spring, and the day that I have to move…snow storm.
I’m super proud of you!
x

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 13, 2012

Ah what an awful day to move! Hope it went as well as it could ;)

57 Natasha February 13, 2012

Wow good for you for braving the cold! I must admit even as a dedicated runner I really despise running in the winter, so I give kudos to anyone who races in cold weather!!!
Ps that is the CUTEST medal ever :)

58 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 13, 2012

Screw online accountability, I would’ve definitely stayed in bed for that one! haha Good for you! And congrats on the awesome time!

59 Lacia February 13, 2012

I ran a race yesterday too. I was also not impressed that winter chose this particular weekend to show up. And it figures it’s gonna be mild this coming weekend. My race was an 8k (or 8 mile, which I almost signed up for but thankfully didn’t). Nothing like -14 windchill to kick your butt into high gear. I beat my normal pace by quite a bit because I just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible! The last 1/2 was uphill and against the wind too! Fun times! You did a really good time. Good luck with your next one.

60 bitt of raw February 13, 2012

Good for you! I endured something very cold yesterday and didnt get any jewelry to show for it. ;-)

Also just noticed your feeds are not showing fully in google reader. Did you change to partial on purpose?

61 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 13, 2012

You ran an amazing race…and did it in freezing temps with tons of layers and clothes on, to boot. Congrats on racing again and for having such a stellar race….wow! You’re my hero for braving the elements!

62 Melanie February 13, 2012

Angela, I recently discovered your blog and I am completely hooked. Your recipes are incredible (can’t wait for the book) and your beautiful writing is inspiring. It is a blistering cold day here in New York and the wind is fierce; I’ve been debating skipping my run but reading about your race and seeing those pics has motivated me to get outside and not be afraid of the elements (if I come back an icicle I won’t hold it against you lol). Congrats!

63 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 13, 2012

Thanks Melanie! Stay safe on outside!

64 Sam@I Tell Stories February 13, 2012

That is a NICE piece of jewelry! I want a big heart medal :)

65 Tiffany February 13, 2012

Good for you Angela! You inspire me to start running again, (something I haven’t done since I had my newest daughter who is 6 months tomorrow). I sure do miss it! :)

66 Danielle February 13, 2012

Great post and great to see you back to racing. Love the medal! Also love the view of your kitchen in that first picture… I could only dream of a kitchen like that!

67 Heidi from BundlesOfHugs February 13, 2012

Awesome race! Talk about terrible timing for weather…eeekk looks cold!

68 katie@ KatieDid February 13, 2012

Wow and judging by your pace it looks like you barely took a day off from racing! That’s such a great way to get back into it, congrats!

69 Lynne February 13, 2012

What’s the deal with the entire post not being available in google reader any more? Not gonna lie, that’s a deal breaker and I’ll need to unsubscribe.

70 Linda @ Lemons February 13, 2012

I can’t believe they didn’t cancel the race! You guys are tough up there in Canada. Congrats on a great race and on running so fast and the medal is beautiful!

71 Lindsay February 13, 2012

Congratulations, Angela! I also use my blog to hold myself accountable. ;-)

72 Heather @ Better With Veggies February 13, 2012

You look so cold in those pictures! :) I love the pretty snow everywhere, but it must have been so cold, nothing like a 5K to warm you up.

I have had the same thoughts with runs and races, once you tell people you have to do it.

73 Cara Craves... February 13, 2012

You should be proud of yourself! Heading out in that weather alone, is impressive!
Way to go!

74 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed February 13, 2012

Good job!!!!! I haven’t done any running in the snow, I would’ve been mega bummed about that weather. And holy crap, you are SO fast!

75 Hailey February 13, 2012

Way to go, Angela!! I don’t like running when it’s that cold and your lungs burn and you’re slipping all over the place. Hopefully it wasn’t too slippery for you! Glad to hear you’re back into racing. Those finish lines sure are addicting. :-) I have a race coming up the end of April that I’m trying to get into shape for. It’s going to be super hilly…

76 Emily February 13, 2012

Congrats!! I ran 4 miles yesterday with a wind chill of -2 fahrenheit. Seriously. It’s not that bad!

77 Char @ www.charskitchen.ca February 13, 2012

PROPS, Angela!! Haha, nothing would have brought me out of my house in that weather :P Way to go!

78 Kathy February 13, 2012

Great job on the race. Let us know where you placed. I wouldn’t have been able to run in that much cold. I’m a fair weather person all the way. Really beautiful kitchen you have there too. Do you have the tin on the ceiling? Love the wainscoating too.

79 Amanda February 13, 2012

You are speedy! Nothing like freezing hands and feet to get you to pick up your pace. Awesome job and good for you for trekking out there in the snow!

80 Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours February 13, 2012

Good for you for pushing through in the snow. A true Canadian girl!! Great job on it too.

81 Sarah@The Flying ONION February 13, 2012

Go YOU! Congrats on running a great race in such chilly weather! :D

82 David February 13, 2012

As a fellow Canadian (and East Coaster at that), I can sincerely congratulate you on completing that run. It’s hard to describe just how hard running in the dead of winter is…starting with the motivation.

Good job!

83 Denise@Crazy Mother Runner February 13, 2012

Congratulations on your time and in those conditions – Great job! That’s an amazing return to racing! Maybe I’ll see you at the Chilly Half in a few weeks. :)

84 Kaila February 13, 2012

I hate running in the cold!!! So I give you major props for sticking with the run! And you had such a great time!! Looks like you haven’t lost any of your racing speed whatsoever! That is awesome!

85 marci February 13, 2012

wow on your speed and on the weather! This Texan doesn’t even know what that feels like!

86 Ellie@fitforthesoul February 13, 2012

wowww that’s the prettiest medal I’ve ever seen! ;) And omgshhh good job for finishing Angela!!! Brrrrrrr it gives me chills all the way up my spine thinking about running in that snow. I’m from Cali, so I’m a sissy when it comes to that kind of cold!

87 Amber K February 13, 2012

Wow, I have no desire to race in great weather, let alone those kind of conditions! I’ll just continue to be impressed that people actually choose to do this! ;)

88 Samantha February 13, 2012

Good on you! I definitely would have bailed on the race.

89 TeenyLittleSuperChef February 13, 2012

Congratulations on getting back into the world of races! I totally would have been a baby and stayed home if the weather looked like that. Anything below 30 degrees (Farenheit) and I stay indoors. What can I say? I’m a warm-weather person and the idea of running in freezing temperatures just aint my thang. But way to go, girl! You rock! And what a cool medal. I’d actually consider running in the cold if I were enticed with one of those…. maybe :)

90 Em (Wine and Butter) February 13, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Im terrible for bailing on things – and that’s if like something else better comes up. Not when there’s a freaking blizzard outside.

You are inspirational.. in so many ways and for realz! :)

91 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 13, 2012

brrrrrrrrrr I am cold just LOOKING at those pics!!!

92 Alexandra February 13, 2012

Beating old man winter! Definately winning! ;)

93 Triathlonbabe February 13, 2012

Wow Angela, you rock it! I think my last 5k back in Nov. was a 29 min., so 23 min…..yowsers!!!

94 Lauren February 13, 2012

Awesome time! What is your 5K p.r.?

95 Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 13, 2012

Wow you are hardcore! I seriously would have bailed – I can’t run in cold weather at all, I feel like I have bronchitis by the time I’m done! Yay for you and your kitty is adorable!

96 Becky February 13, 2012

This story motivated me to get outside in the dreary Washington weather today and run! Thank you!

97 Tracy February 13, 2012

Congratulations Angela! Your will power is truly inspiring :)

98 Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe February 13, 2012

Great job Angela! A great start to the set of races you’ve got lined up. Keep it up!

99 Leigh February 13, 2012

Congrats on your run!! I really would have debated long and hard about heading out in that weather. Ugh! Awesome medal and a really fab finish time, girl!

100 Gail February 13, 2012

That’s great! It makes me jealous that you’re doing that. I really need to get back into it – I’ve been in a slump myself and gaining weight and just feeling overall blah! Maybe if I start training for a race it’ll get me out of my rut.

Love the cat!!!

101 Bri Carpenter February 13, 2012

Congrats, I think you did awesome! Hearing about your race kinda makes me want to do one too some day. All of your snowy pictures made me miss Ontario so much!

102 suzanne February 13, 2012

Congratulations! Did the chilly weather add to your sense of accomplishment/runners high? I find that when I do a run in especially cold temps (though I only do 2 races and they are in warmer weather ;-))- I feel even better when I get home (though more tired too as it does take more energy no matter what the speed). What a great way to get back into it!

103 helen February 13, 2012

Congrats on a fantastic time! Woo!

104 sophie February 13, 2012

Girl – you did good! The fact that you didn’t bail….AMAZING :)

105 Julie at Burnt Carrots February 13, 2012

Congrats on getting back into the running!! I did a marathon last fall and didn’t even look at my running shoes for 3 months after. :) Great time too!! I had my best 1/2 marathon time ever when it was 10 below. I think I ran faster just so I could go inside sooner!

106 Erika - The Teenage Taste February 13, 2012

Congratulations on an awesome race, Angela! Those conditions sound terrible, but you managed to run a kick-ass 5K nonetheless! ~23 minutes is amazing – was that a PR for you?

107 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 13, 2012

I hope that medal is 15 carat gold because you seriously deserve it for running that race! And in 23 minutes to boot! I could barely bring myself to walk outdoors this weekend, let alone run in it. :P Congrats Angela!

108 Mary February 13, 2012

What an amazing time for the race!!! And it’s a good thing you are so fast – you could have froxe. It was cold out!

109 Mary February 13, 2012

(I meant froze haha).

110 Jane February 13, 2012

Congrats! Spiffy medal! :)

111 Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles February 13, 2012

Congrats on the speedy time! I dragged the boyfriend to a couple’s race this weekend. 2-4 inches of snow were predicted, but we got absolutely zero! I didn’t mind one bit.

112 Deirdre @ Ladies Holiday February 13, 2012

I’m guessing the thrill of crossing that finish line after weathering the storm was far greater than had it been a sunny 65 degree day.
Well done!!

113 Joss February 13, 2012

Congratz! Beautiful medal :D It was defo a crazy amount of snow and cold weather we got in a very short period of time this past weekend!

114 Meg February 13, 2012

and i am so happy i did NOT register for that race. lol I couldnt even drive through my city, let alone to Toronto. brutal weather this weekend.

115 Michelle February 14, 2012

Way to go!!! Haha this bring back memories of when i was in track and field and had to sprint two miles in the blistering wind and cold!

116 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com February 14, 2012

I couldn’t stand a -4 and you did it well below that temperature. Bravo and congrats sweetie :)

117 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes February 14, 2012

Well done for getting to the end in such horrible conditions!

118 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 14, 2012

You are crazy! I would never attempt to go in the snow, fear of falling or worse yet being cold! You go my crazy friend!!!

119 LizAshlee February 14, 2012

Wow, congrats Ange..that would have been a tough one to do!

120 Anna Crouch February 14, 2012

That’s an incredible time!!! Congrats!!

121 Adrienne February 16, 2012

I was there!!! I just looked at the race results and saw your name and immediately came over here to see if you wrote about the race! And to top it off, I’m in your photos! I’m the brunette girl with the purple headband and navy North Face jacket. I can’t believe we missed each other! Congrats on your race- I was just a bit behind you at 24:50 :)

122 PoochesForPeace(Anna H.) February 18, 2012

yay, good job!!! that change in weather wouldve thrown me for a loop.

123 Amanda February 19, 2012

Congrats! I am surely a fair-weather-runner so I’m very impressed. Maybe you’ll inspire me to get outside and run today. Heck, it’s not even snowing so I have no excuse! :)