My theory is if I drink a lot of smoothies, spring will magically appear.
So far, outlook not good…(although today was the first dusting of snow we’ve had practically all winter!). This is why I haven’t changed my blog header to a winter theme yet…I need more snow!
This smoothie was made up of frozen blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries (~1 cup) along with almond milk (1.25 cups), chia seeds (2 tbsp), and half a frozen banana.
Followed by a frozen girl.
To warm up, I did this quick at-home power workout using a jump rope and my own body weight for resistance exercises. Kicking it old school!
I did 3 sets of the following exercises:
- 1 minute jumping jacks
- 2 minutes jump rope
- 15 lunges on each leg
- 1 minute jump rope
- 2 sets of 15 squats
- 1 set of 15 push-ups (standard, kneeling, or combo)
- 2 minutes jumping rope
- 1 minute bicycle crunches
I did 3 sets and then some light stretching at the end. The workout took me 35 minutes and went by pretty quick! I also used this stopwatch timer on the internet too.
A few tips:
- Feel free to take rest breaks as needed
- You will hate me for making the jump rope after the lunges (don’t say I didn’t warn you!)
- Only got 10 minutes? Just do 1 set for a quick total body workout
- Want to make it more challenging? Add some hand weights, water bottles, cans, etc
- Want more cardio? Tack on a mile run before and/or after the workout
- Feel free to change up the ab exercises at the end
- Always consult a professional before beginning a new fitness regime
Rosy cheeks ensued! I love interval workouts.
You know, old school moves never get old…especially jumping rope! I don’t know how I used to do that for hours and hours as a child. Must have been all that penny candy I was stuffing my face with. Do you remember how much candy $1 used to buy? 100 PIECES. That $5 allowance went pretty far back in the day.