Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

IMG 2294   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 6335   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 20101001IMG 3950   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 06341   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 20101120IMG 1224 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 1403 2 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 20101018IMG 7581   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 3527 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 0046   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 3766 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 2985 4   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 5597   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011  IMG 1161   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 7922   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011 IMG 4759   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

You knew it was coming!

This post was a lot of fun to put together. After compiling the most popular dessert recipes of 2011, here’s what I found:

You guys go crazy for:

• Anything NO BAKE!
  • Quick & easy
  • Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate
  • Chewy, crunchy things
  • Peanut butter AND chocolate
  • Short ingredient lists
  • Healthy blizzards (1, 2, and 3)
  • Bite-sized
  • Healthy “dessert-like” snacks (see end of post for list)
  • Cookie dough galore
  • Classic desserts made vegan
  • Balls, balls, balls

What kind of desserts did you love the most? Or maybe you want to let me know about a non-vegan dessert that you’d like to see “veganized” in 2012? Let me know in the comments below and I will add it to my list.

Here are the top 21 dessert recipes that you drooled over, indulged in, raved about, and baked (or didn’t bake) the most in 2011…

21. Peanut Butter and Jam Nanaimo Bars (a personal fav of mine & also no bake)

IMG 1190   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

20. Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding

IMG 5593   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

19. 5-Ingredient Almond Butter Chews & Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats (tied)

IMG 8364 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

18. 5-Ingredient No Bake Date Squares

IMG 3537   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

17. Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts

IMG 0619 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

16. Rustic Chocolate Chip Banana Cake

IMG 063411   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

15. Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream

IMG 2310   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

14. Brownie Pumpkin Pie with a Crunchy Pecan ToppingPumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes

20101002IMG 4102   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

13. Itty Bitty Carrot Cake Cookies

20101120IMG 1224 thumb1   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

12. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG 1403 2 thumb1   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

11. Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies- the crispers!

IMG 1995 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

10. No Bake Double Chocolate Torte

IMG 6961 2   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

9. Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

20101018IMG 75811   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

8. Vegan Pumpkin Pie, three ways (with gluten-free crust option)

IMG 3766 thumb1   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

7. Dense, gooey, flakey Vegan Brownies, two ways (with killer gluten-free version!)

IMG 3527 thumb1   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

6. No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies with “Fudge”

IMG 00461   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

5. 80-calorie No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

IMG 6334   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

4. Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream

20101001IMG 39501   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard

IMG 2985 41   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

IMG 3029   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

1. Double Chocolate Torte (I would have to agree with the #1 pick, although I’m partial to the no bake version too)

IMG 4993 thumb   Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

This torte photo was clearly before I learned how to white balance my photos…heh

If you are looking for a lighter treat, check out some of the healthier recipes below:

On that note, I see carrot cake cookies in my future…

char @ char on a mission January 5, 2012

I have to try those nanaimo bars immediately! I think I need to buy more peanut butter first (you never want to deplete your stash of it!). I also think I need to try all the ones I have not made. I’m so partial to the chocolate chip cookies though and was actually enjoying one while looking at these top 21′s!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 5, 2012

Yes, you’re right!! I DO go crazy for all those combos! And that balls, balls, balls part was so funny :)

TeenyLittleSuperChef January 5, 2012

I made the almond butter chews yesterday and seriously, these are so awesome. And so incredibly easy to make! I took your advice and went out to get corn syrup instead of trying to substitute with honey or agave. I’m glad I did because they were so incredibly tasty and held together much better than honey probably would have. Thanks for the recipe Angela! I look forward to trying out a bunch of these others. Especially that Double Chocolate Torte!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Glad they turned out for you! Did you use the brown rice syrup?

Kathy January 5, 2012

Those desserts look soooo yummy. Wish I had them all in front of me right now!! Hey I would love to see some type of healthy creamy salad dressing recipe. Before going vegan I was a blue cheese hound. After vegan, I was mostly stuck with oil and vinegars. Not being real crazy about the tart taste of vinegars in salads, I really miss something ranchy or with a mayo texture. I tried tahini but the taste was overbearing. Most times I just use a scoop of the vegannaise to dress my salads, but I would like something a bit more healthy and/or flavorful. See what you can do!! Thanks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Thanks for your suggestion! Eric would LOVE a creamy dressing as he’s not a vinaigrette fan either.

MJ January 5, 2012

They all look so delicious, I have some baking in my future I see. I find many of your sweet recipes call for coconut and I’m allergic so I’d love to see more recipes without coconut. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Yes many of them do, I will certainly keep that in mind. Thanks!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 5, 2012

I can see the Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream make an appearance at my house for Valentine’s Day. Or maybe I should make them today to make sure they taste o.k. ;)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 5, 2012

so.much.deliciousness! :)

Sally @ sally's baking addiction January 5, 2012

Wow, Angela!! I love all of your amazing recipes, but the compilation of these 21 is awesome to see all together. I have a couple saved that I saved to make soon: rustic choc chip banana cake (i LOVE banana and chocolate) and those strawberry oat squares. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes. Your blog is such a delight to read. :)

Karine January 5, 2012

Oh yeah! Your treats always rock! What about more biscotti recipes? :D

Anna @ The Guiltless Life January 5, 2012

I sure did love that double chocolate torte – though I made the no-bake version.
I should never have looked at this list just before lunch, I’m drooling! Love any chocolate chip cookie dough mentions, so that Blizzard and those balls look amazing. Thanks Ange!

Jennifer Swift January 5, 2012

Another vote for the cookie dough balls! YUMMY!!! I

Jennifer Swift January 5, 2012

Oops, was drooling & hit enter before I could finish typing! I make these cookie balls often & they are always a hit. Could you recommend a good banana cream pie recipe? Made a vegan one recently that tasted good, but did not hold together well! Thanks for all you do!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

I haven’t tried or made a vegan one yet but I will certainly put it down on my list :) Sounds soooo good.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 5, 2012

I love, love, love the raw cookie dough. I never understand how it only lasts a day in my house! :)

Joanna January 5, 2012

Still have to try a few of these but def the banana cake and no bake chocolate torte are winners!

Sarah with Veggie Kids January 5, 2012

You had me at dessert! And just when I thought I was over all the sweets from the holidays!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 5, 2012

all I can say is YUM. This definetly made my afternoon. Now to decide which one to bake! :D

dana @ my little celebration January 5, 2012

I can’t get over how delicious that gingerbread pumpkin buttercream thingy looks. I MUST make it! I drool over it every time you post it!!

Michaela January 5, 2012

Please please please veganize coconut cream pie! It’s my favorite, and I haven’t had it since I went vegan!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

lovely idea :) mmmm I LOVE coconut cream pie. I used to devour that stuff as a kid…

Jen January 5, 2012

Oh those peanut butter chocolate crispies look amazing, if it wasn’t 10.15 at night I would be devouring them as we speak. Wonderful inspiration for the weekend, thank you!

Red Deception January 5, 2012

They all look so delicious, and the photos are delicious. I could lick the screen!

The chocolate cupcakes look AMAZING. Want.

Joann@womaninreallife January 5, 2012

I’ll be making those peanut butter chocolate crispies, I promise you that!

Michele January 5, 2012

These all look so amazing I want to make them and eat them as soon as I can! Just found your blog and I’m definitely going to follow regularly now! Love getting new vegan ideas!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Hey Michele, Glad you found the blog! Thanks for your comment.

Abby White January 5, 2012

Oh my….. this is my favorite post of all! I have made so many of these wonderful desserts and you are a master of making them healthy.

My family and I are planning a trip to Vancouver and Victoria and wanted to see if you had any recommendations? Are you in Ontario? I may be asking the wrong person:)

Thanks for sharing.

Abby

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Hey Abby,

Yup I’m in Ontario! I haven’t had the opportunity to go to BC yet but it’s on my list for sure. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Sadie January 5, 2012

All of these recipes look fantastic but my personal fav is number 17. They’re super healthy and yummy!

Keri January 5, 2012

My favorite, favorite, Favorite are the Strawberry Oat Squares. I can’t wait until strawberry season is here again!!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 5, 2012

I can’t believe we’re going to have another whole fabulous recipe compilation this time next year! No pressure ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

heh….it’s a bit crazy to think that I made all those things in 2011, right?

Ellen Clifford January 5, 2012

I’d love to see a vegan-ized trifle …but first I better get to makIng some if these treats! The pumpkin gingerbread calls my name…

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

That’s a lovely idea!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva January 5, 2012

No bake will definitely be on the menu as the weather heats up!!! Love all your recipes :)

Nina January 5, 2012

Hey Angela,
I absolutely love your site and all of your delicious (& nutritious) recipes! It took me a while to attempt drinking a Green Monster and now I am hooked!! and spreading the word :)

Two deserts I would love see are French Toast and Crepes ….I am addicted to Crepes with Nutella!

Keep up the good work & can’t wait to see the future desserts

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012

Thanks for the kind words!

I am adding your great ideas to my list…yum.

ftyujk January 5, 2012

time to up date your blog header to a winter theme

Jamie @ don't forget the cinnamon January 5, 2012

AWESOME! I’d love to see some more healthy blizzard recipes (maybe once it’s warmer!) because those things are darn good!!

Andrea January 5, 2012

I’m not sure if you have an ice cream maker or not but I would love to see some veganized ice cream! (Besides the banana trick – which I love) Awesome list!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco January 5, 2012

All of them. I want ALL of them. ;)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 5, 2012

You know I don’t know much about photography when I have no idea what you are talking about in that last photo (the white balance thing), lol!

I have made that pumpkin gingerbread about 10023 times. It is one of the best things I have ever eaten.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012

That’s ok, I had no idea what it was for a long time ;)

May Ng January 5, 2012

I have made 9 out of 21 vegan dessert recipes you have created and I agree the chilled double choc torte (no-bake version) is da BOMB!!!! Hands down!!

The Choc Torte is so amah-zing .Without doubt, that’s the BEST CHOCOLATE DESSERT EVER!

I love to see more recipes in 2012 : Fruitcake (dense with fruits & nuts kind), Bread Pudding, Rum and Raisin Cakes, Rocky Road, Apple crumble, Crispy cookies (not chewy types), Meringue and of coz more low fat and less-oil desserts!!

Thank you Ange for creating all these delicious treats for us!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012

Great ideas! Thank you :)

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts January 5, 2012

This is an amazing round up. Amazing and appetite-inspiring! I enjoyed the carrot cake cookies when I made them but many of the others are still on my bookmarked list. I think I’ve just been motivated to get to them that little bit sooner…

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie January 6, 2012

Oh heavens, every single one of those looks amazing! I’ve made a ton of your desserts, and all have turned out fabulous.

You are a dessert GODDESS!!

Alyssa January 6, 2012

I just made the pumpkin spiced donuts to take to work this morning and printed the recipe. The recipe directions say to add flours, plural, but there is only one flour listed. I thought that was weird, but went and double checked the online version and again only one flour was listed.

It only made 9 regular sized donuts and baked the donuts and they tooka bit longer to bake than suggested. I searched your recipes again and found the recipe for mini pumpkin spiced donuts and realized that the 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour did not copy over into the recipe you posted on THIS post. With a little extra baking it evened out, but they’re still a bit moist in the middle.

Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012

Hey Alyssa, Thanks for letting me know! I’m so sorry about the discrepancy! Recipage has just created a super useful embedding code for recipes, so I won’t have to enter the recipes in twice, which will mean less room for error. Thanks for letting me know and I’ve added the flour into the page.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 6, 2012

All these desserts look wonderful! I love how your posting your top recipes! This makes it easier for me to decided on what one to make. Ok, not really, but I like it anyway! Everything looks so good and I personally love your Gingerbread Cake, the frosting on top is perfect!!

LizAshlee January 6, 2012

Ok, can’t lie, I think this is my fav category, I am such a sweets gal…but I am choosing to cut back so as to cure my small addiction to healthy treats! I have tried the banana oat cake and the cookie dough balls for sure and they are delish…glad they made the list!

Page 2 of 3«123»