Top 21 Vegan Dessert Recipes of 2011

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on January 5, 2012

IMG_2294 IMG_6335 20101001IMG_3950 IMG_06341 20101120IMG_1224_thumb IMG_1403-2_thumb 20101018IMG_7581 IMG_3527_thumb IMG_0046 IMG_3766_thumb IMG_2985-4 IMG_5597  IMG_1161 IMG_7922 IMG_4759

You knew it was coming!

This post was a lot of fun to put together. After compiling the most popular dessert recipes of 2011, here’s what I found:

You guys go crazy for:

• Anything NO BAKE!
  • Quick & easy
  • Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate
  • Chewy, crunchy things
  • Peanut butter AND chocolate
  • Short ingredient lists
  • Healthy blizzards (1, 2, and 3)
  • Bite-sized
  • Healthy “dessert-like” snacks (see end of post for list)
  • Cookie dough galore
  • Classic desserts made vegan
  • Balls, balls, balls

What kind of desserts did you love the most? Or maybe you want to let me know about a non-vegan dessert that you’d like to see “veganized” in 2012? Let me know in the comments below and I will add it to my list.

Here are the top 21 dessert recipes that you drooled over, indulged in, raved about, and baked (or didn’t bake) the most in 2011…

21. Peanut Butter and Jam Nanaimo Bars (a personal fav of mine & also no bake)

IMG_1190

20. Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding

IMG_5593

19. 5-Ingredient Almond Butter Chews & Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats (tied)

IMG_8364_thumb

18. 5-Ingredient No Bake Date Squares

IMG_3537

17. Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts

IMG_0619_thumb

16. Rustic Chocolate Chip Banana Cake

IMG_06341

15. Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream

IMG_2310

14. Brownie Pumpkin Pie with a Crunchy Pecan ToppingPumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes

20101002IMG_4102

13. Itty Bitty Carrot Cake Cookies

20101120IMG_1224_thumb

12. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG_1403-2_thumb

11. Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies– the crispers!

IMG_1995_thumb

10. No Bake Double Chocolate Torte

IMG_6961-2

9. Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

20101018IMG_7581

8. Vegan Pumpkin Pie, three ways (with gluten-free crust option)

IMG_3766_thumb

7. Dense, gooey, flakey Vegan Brownies, two ways (with killer gluten-free version!)

IMG_3527_thumb

6. No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies with “Fudge”

IMG_0046

5. 80-calorie No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

IMG_6334

4. Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream

20101001IMG_3950

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard

IMG_2985-4

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

IMG_3029

1. Double Chocolate Torte (I would have to agree with the #1 pick, although I’m partial to the no bake version too)

IMG_4993_thumb

This torte photo was clearly before I learned how to white balance my photos…heh

If you are looking for a lighter treat, check out some of the healthier recipes below:

On that note, I see carrot cake cookies in my future…

Kristy @ KristyRuns January 5, 2012 at 9:58 am

The vegan chocolate chip cookies are definitely my favorite! Such a classic. I would love to make the pb and jam bars if I get brave in the kitchen! ;)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 5, 2012 at 10:11 am

Balls are a girl’s best friend ;) And, I’m serious on that, they’re always on hand in my fridge for quick snacks!

Kelli January 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

I have been dying to try the double chocolate torte! Do you think that other flours might work instead of the spelt flour? And would the arrowroot powder be replaceable by corn starch? I know for thickening sauces, etc., they are often interchangeable, but I’m not sure what the purpose of the arrowroot powder is in the crust, so I’m unsure of whether corn starch would work instead…?

Anyhoo, great list! Your website is so inspiring, Angela! Happy New Year, and keep those recipes comin’!!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:29 am

Happy New Year to you as well Kelli!
Yes I def. think cornstarch would work too! I believe it binds the crust, although I’d like to try it without at some point…
I assume another flour would work too, although you might have to reduce the amount a bit since spelt usually yields in a “wetter” batter. I wouldn’t use whole wheat flour though b/c I think it might be too dense and hearty. Whole wheat pastry flour would probably work.

Marisa Bare September 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I used flour instead of arrow root, and it came out delicious!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

No vegan oatmeal cookies? Those were my favorites! :) Next I am making those vegan, GF brownies.

People do like balls. 2 of my top 11 in 2011 were balls!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:30 am

the oatmeal cookies were quite high on the list too!

Amanda January 5, 2012 at 10:24 am

This is the post of my vegan dessert dreams! Is it too early to bake and eat cookies? 10am is okay, right?

I made your No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies with “Fudge” earlier this year and they were outrageously good. I think I need to re-visit those…

Meaghan January 5, 2012 at 10:26 am

I completely agree with your list. Love balls. Love no bake. Love simple ingredients. What I’d love some help with in 2012 – snacks that can be taken to school (ie no nuts). The Boy is a teacher. What a pain in the butt Ontario schools are. They aren’t just peanut free anymore. They’re completely nut free. And since the Boy is supplying and doesn’t know if there will be a kid with an allergy in his class he’s super paranoid about it. So while I love the balls – thwy’re usually nut based and therefore not school friendly. Thoughts?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thank you for the suggestion! I can imagine how difficult that would be. Can you use sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter? I love using sunflower seed butter as a replacement in recipes that call for PB or almond butter.

Meaghan January 5, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I think kids can’t because teachers can’t be sure of the difference. But I don’t see why he can’t as a teacher – its not like he’s sharing by the playground at recess! Hadn’t thought of using that in balls – I guess I know what I’m doing this weekend. Thanks! I’ll be sure to report on how it goes!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 5, 2012 at 10:26 am

You’ve officially got me drooling this morning Ange, and I’m not even that big on sweets!! All of these photos are so, SO gorgeous (cookbook worthy!!!) :D

Andrea @ Vegvacious January 5, 2012 at 10:35 am

I must say your rustic banana cake is #1 in my book however all of these look mouth-watering!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

My friend Sara brought the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls to a potluck that I had, and that’s what got me turned onto your blog! They were SUCH a hit!
All of these recipes look so delicious- I want to try to make the almond butter rice krisp treats using puffed Kamut.. I’m thinking it would work…

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

That’s so neat! Let me know how the puffed kamut works out if you try it.

Michelle Miller January 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I’ve made them with puffed kamut! They turned out great.

Jenny September 17, 2012 at 11:25 am

I’ve made them with puffed kamut, as well as making them as written… Both versions were amazing! You might need a bit more puffed kamut to achieve an identical texture, though, just because puffed kamut tends to be more voluminous and doesn’t pack as much as crispy rice does when measuring it out in cups. :)

Laura @ My Pink Thumb January 5, 2012 at 10:40 am

Oh my! i completely forgot about the rustic banana oat cake. I made that SO many times last winter! I’m thinking it needs to make a return to my kitchen this weekend. ;)
I should also add, that after drooling for quite some time, I finally make your pumpking gingerbread with spiced buttercream for Christmas and it was a total hit!! My little 12 year old cousin ate about half of it by himself! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:37 am

Glad to hear that Laura :)
I forgot about the banana cake too…Im going to try making it with caramelized bananas *dies*

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh January 5, 2012 at 10:49 am

I’m making the donuts this weekend to put my new donut pan to use! I can’t wait! Keep those babies coming. You rock!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:38 am

Have fun with your new pan!

Shayna January 5, 2012 at 10:49 am

I made your pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream twice over the holidays for two different parties and it was a big hit both times! My husband can’t stop raving about it.
Although the people I was serving it to are not vegan, they loved it and wanted the recipe because (1) it could serve as a delicious dessert for a family that keeps kosher (no mixing of milk and meat in the same meal) and (2) one of my friend’s sons is allergic to eggs. Thank you!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:39 am

Hey Shayna, Thanks for the great feedback about the loaf. We love it here too! Eric said it was one of his fav desserts last year as well.

Liz January 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

That no-bake Chocolate Torte has yet to be consumed by anyone outside our apartment! Probably because I stash it in the freezer and then it just gets gobbled up over time (OK . . 2-3 days) by my husband and I. He loves it! And loves that it’s all natural. He’s also asking for more granola and chocolate truffles. I think I am going to make the latter for some friends coming over for dinner next week. Please stop making yummy, healthy treats! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:39 am

Im laughing because that sounds all too familiar…it doesn’t last long here. Its such an easy dessert to “pick at” from the freezer! I think I might try making it in cupcake tins for a fun change

anna January 5, 2012 at 11:01 am

i really like the banana cake!
and i’d live to see your veganized version of cheesecake. there lots of recipes on the internet, bit you’re a genius and im sure you’d make it evwn more special! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Thanks Anna, I will add it to my list :) I’ve been wanting to make one for a while…maybe I’ll put it in the cookbook

Jasper Naomi January 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

no bake 5 ingredient dates squares!!!!!!!!! Angela, you ASTOUND us all. You ASTOUND me. Blow this site a way, i tell ya. Funnily enough, edible perspective starred in my dream last night…it must be that spinach carob monster three hours before bed or something! ill have to go tell her!
on my way to work this morning, i wondered could we bake down blueberries like you baked down bananas for your homemade larabars?! This summer I picked, on five different occasions blueberries enough to freeze and give away 50 gallons of fresh organic blueberries for FREE this summer! sweet old farmer that lives nearby lets me pick them! he might even give me three gallons of fresh organic asparagus in march!!!!!!!!!!! yippee!
and for anyone still reading this silly comment of mine…there are still blueberries, frozen, for adding to yogurt and granola, etc…do you think with the turn of spring and summer you could develop a bar with blueberries for us?!

much love, jasper naomi

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:40 am

Hi Jasper, Good question regarding the blueberries! I’m not sure if they would dry out as much as the bananas? It would be a fun experiment though. Goodluck!
A blueberry bar sounds fantastic. I will put it on my list!

Jasper Naomi January 5, 2012 at 11:51 am

sweet ;) no pun intended (or perhaps it was ;) )

[email protected] January 5, 2012 at 11:10 am

The torte looks amazing! Do you edit the white balance now after shooting? It’s something I’m still getting my head around. Any advice would be much appreciated! I use the Canon EOS 1100D but I’m yet to invest in daylight lamps for taking shots in the evenings…bring on the summer! I thought I was over sweet treats after Christmas…now you’ve enlivened lots more cravings! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:47 am

Hey Michelle!
I recently discovered a useful tool on my Canon DSLR. Took me….2 years to start using it? haha
There is a white balance right on the camera (just hit menu and it’s in the second list, 3rd one down…on my camera anyways). Click on white balance and then you can choose what setting you have in your area…if it’s cloudy outside, hit “cloudy”, if it’s sunny hit “daylight”, if you are in a restaurant with harsh yellow lighting, hit “tungsten” etc. I find these settings help a lot.

Post processing, if you have Adobe Lightroom, I also always do a white balance as well. Under the develop mode, hit “tools” and then “white balance selector”….now click on something in your image that should be a true white and it will auto balance it. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn’t. When in doubt just eye ball the white balance with the temperature setting.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan January 5, 2012 at 11:12 am

Now THIS is the post I was waiting for. ;) One hell of a drool-inducing roundup!

[email protected] KatieDid January 5, 2012 at 11:15 am

I personally love short ingredient lists. I get intimidated or shy away from ones that have too many ingredients.

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 5, 2012 at 11:27 am

Ahhhh now we’re talkin’ :) I could swim in an ocean of all of these combined with my mouth wiiiiide open! Thank you for always blessing us with FAB treats!

Have a great day!
xxoo

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:41 am

that just gave me a really funny visual ;)

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles January 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

The year’s favorites all in one place – great idea! =)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 5, 2012 at 11:40 am

I love the recap and trip down memory lane. Ahhh, such good memories they are, too. I can’t wait to see what kind of amazing desserts you create in 2012…because these are awesome.

And your last comment about white balance…I honestly like really bright photos and all of mine are bright. It’s a preference thing but I love a good really bright picture! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

your pics are beautiful!

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy January 5, 2012 at 11:49 am

I have been having serious cravings for anything gingerbread lately (your pumpkin gingerbread always looks delicious)! I secretly think I don’t want the holidays to end! All these recipes look delicious

Audrey January 5, 2012 at 11:50 am

What an amazing assortment of goodies! I love anything lemon–lemon cake with berries, lemon chiffon pie, and fruit-based desserts (strawberry shortcake, cherry pie, etc). I’d also love to see a vegan cheesecake…maybe a raspberry swirl one in time for Valentine’s Day? Regardless, I know whatever you make in the next year will be amazing! :)

Audrey January 5, 2012 at 11:50 am

P.S. I’d also love to see more oil-free and low-fat desserts. :) I just don’t feel good when I eat a lot of either.

Sharon July 19, 2013 at 2:27 pm

My daughter and I are eating more non-fat vegan foods, and would love to see some of your recipes with less fat/oil, too — they seem terrific, however, reducing the oil intake is important for me. Thanks! :)

Kathryn January 5, 2012 at 11:57 am

Why do I even read your blog when I’m doing a 10 day juice cleanse? I’m a big fruit pie fan (I posted the apple pie apples on your FB page) so any kind of fruit pies make my heart happy. I used to love those home run pies I think they were called. Especially the lemon ones. SO AWFUL for you!

Ashley January 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I made the double chocolate torte for Valentine’s Day last year and it was amazing! I made the rustic banana cake for a Sat morning breakfast, and I love the no bake cookies. This post is going right into my “good reads folder” for easy access:)

Fiona January 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I love your balls! I like them bc they are easy and bite sized! Let’s see some more of your balls!

Greta January 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm

That rustic chocolate chip banana cake was my favorite. It even froze and reheated well!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm

oh good to know, thanks!

Tamara January 5, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I had to seriously consider not looking at any of your dessert recipes anymore after I gained 10 pounds & would only eat the Pumpkin GingerBread with Spiced Icing (for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks & dessert!!!)
I love this recipe to death, love your site too !!!
T

JessE @ LoveLifeFromScratch January 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I’d like to see more portable snack/treats; balls and bars. :D I just bookmarked half of these desserts to make soon! YUM!

Erin January 5, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Whoa. I want all these things.

Beth January 5, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I have made at least half of these. My favorite overall was the Sinless Sticky Toffee Pudding, but for everyday snacks I love the chocolate chip cookie dough balls. My post-race treat is the chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard! Keep up the good work!
By the way, I just bought a big 2-inch binder with dividers to put all of your recipes in that I’ve printed out. I don’t want them mixed in with the others so that I can find them quickly. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Wow you’re on a roll! So glad that you enjoyed the recipes. I think Sticky Toffee Pudding is in my top 3 for sure. Hopefully I can give you a book so you dont have to use that binder someday ;)

julie January 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm

best.post.ever.
Forget about new years resolutions to cut this stuff out….
mine will be to make it through the list and try them all!!! muahahaha!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe January 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I made the strawberry bars this year and loved them. I’ve been waiting for the right occasion to make that brownie pumpkin pie, it looks incredible!

Emily (Edible Psychology) January 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Oh my. I wish the pictures in this post were edible!

Your blog definitely contains the largest portion of my favorite desserts. Thanks so much for all of your creativity and hard work!

~Emily~

jo @ includingcake January 5, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Mmmmm, these look so good. I really liked your toffee granola bar things (can’t remember their exact name), i’m planning on doing some granola bar testing over the next few weeks and i though about these as they inspired me. Your sticky toffee pudding also looks great, i’ve just made my own version with a couple of wacky ingredients thrown into the mix…. http://www.includingcake.com/2012/01/sticky-toffee-pudding.html

Amber K January 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Oh, I totally remember those date squares. Disappeared like *snap* that in my house. So good!! Oh and the blizzards, my husband loved those.

Burnsy January 5, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I don’t know why I torture myself looking through all your recipes when I am cleansing! On that note, I have plenty of baking to do in the near future! Thanks for sharing!!

VeggieGirl January 5, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Carrot cake cookies sound AMAZING :D

Kaila @ HealthyHelper January 5, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I thought the blizzard recipes were so creative!! Loved those this year (or rather last year!)! But my faves actually all fall on your “lighter” list…I love deserts that can double as healthy snacks!!

char @ char on a mission January 5, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I have to try those nanaimo bars immediately! I think I need to buy more peanut butter first (you never want to deplete your stash of it!). I also think I need to try all the ones I have not made. I’m so partial to the chocolate chip cookies though and was actually enjoying one while looking at these top 21’s!

[email protected] for the Soul January 5, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Yes, you’re right!! I DO go crazy for all those combos! And that balls, balls, balls part was so funny :)

TeenyLittleSuperChef January 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I made the almond butter chews yesterday and seriously, these are so awesome. And so incredibly easy to make! I took your advice and went out to get corn syrup instead of trying to substitute with honey or agave. I’m glad I did because they were so incredibly tasty and held together much better than honey probably would have. Thanks for the recipe Angela! I look forward to trying out a bunch of these others. Especially that Double Chocolate Torte!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Glad they turned out for you! Did you use the brown rice syrup?

Kathy January 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Those desserts look soooo yummy. Wish I had them all in front of me right now!! Hey I would love to see some type of healthy creamy salad dressing recipe. Before going vegan I was a blue cheese hound. After vegan, I was mostly stuck with oil and vinegars. Not being real crazy about the tart taste of vinegars in salads, I really miss something ranchy or with a mayo texture. I tried tahini but the taste was overbearing. Most times I just use a scoop of the vegannaise to dress my salads, but I would like something a bit more healthy and/or flavorful. See what you can do!! Thanks.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Thanks for your suggestion! Eric would LOVE a creamy dressing as he’s not a vinaigrette fan either.

MJ January 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm

They all look so delicious, I have some baking in my future I see. I find many of your sweet recipes call for coconut and I’m allergic so I’d love to see more recipes without coconut. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Yes many of them do, I will certainly keep that in mind. Thanks!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I can see the Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream make an appearance at my house for Valentine’s Day. Or maybe I should make them today to make sure they taste o.k. ;)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 5, 2012 at 2:58 pm

so.much.deliciousness! :)

Sally @ sally's baking addiction January 5, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Wow, Angela!! I love all of your amazing recipes, but the compilation of these 21 is awesome to see all together. I have a couple saved that I saved to make soon: rustic choc chip banana cake (i LOVE banana and chocolate) and those strawberry oat squares. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes. Your blog is such a delight to read. :)

Karine January 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Oh yeah! Your treats always rock! What about more biscotti recipes? :D

Anna @ The Guiltless Life January 5, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I sure did love that double chocolate torte – though I made the no-bake version.
I should never have looked at this list just before lunch, I’m drooling! Love any chocolate chip cookie dough mentions, so that Blizzard and those balls look amazing. Thanks Ange!

Jennifer Swift January 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Another vote for the cookie dough balls! YUMMY!!! I

Jennifer Swift January 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Oops, was drooling & hit enter before I could finish typing! I make these cookie balls often & they are always a hit. Could you recommend a good banana cream pie recipe? Made a vegan one recently that tasted good, but did not hold together well! Thanks for all you do!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I haven’t tried or made a vegan one yet but I will certainly put it down on my list :) Sounds soooo good.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I love, love, love the raw cookie dough. I never understand how it only lasts a day in my house! :)

Joanna January 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Still have to try a few of these but def the banana cake and no bake chocolate torte are winners!

Sarah with Veggie Kids January 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm

You had me at dessert! And just when I thought I was over all the sweets from the holidays!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm

all I can say is YUM. This definetly made my afternoon. Now to decide which one to bake! :D

dana @ my little celebration January 5, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I can’t get over how delicious that gingerbread pumpkin buttercream thingy looks. I MUST make it! I drool over it every time you post it!!

Michaela January 5, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Please please please veganize coconut cream pie! It’s my favorite, and I haven’t had it since I went vegan!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:13 pm

lovely idea :) mmmm I LOVE coconut cream pie. I used to devour that stuff as a kid…

Jen January 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Oh those peanut butter chocolate crispies look amazing, if it wasn’t 10.15 at night I would be devouring them as we speak. Wonderful inspiration for the weekend, thank you!

Red Deception January 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm

They all look so delicious, and the photos are delicious. I could lick the screen!

The chocolate cupcakes look AMAZING. Want.

[email protected] January 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I’ll be making those peanut butter chocolate crispies, I promise you that!

Michele January 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm

These all look so amazing I want to make them and eat them as soon as I can! Just found your blog and I’m definitely going to follow regularly now! Love getting new vegan ideas!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Hey Michele, Glad you found the blog! Thanks for your comment.

Abby White January 5, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Oh my….. this is my favorite post of all! I have made so many of these wonderful desserts and you are a master of making them healthy.

My family and I are planning a trip to Vancouver and Victoria and wanted to see if you had any recommendations? Are you in Ontario? I may be asking the wrong person:)

Thanks for sharing.

Abby

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Hey Abby,

Yup I’m in Ontario! I haven’t had the opportunity to go to BC yet but it’s on my list for sure. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Sadie January 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm

All of these recipes look fantastic but my personal fav is number 17. They’re super healthy and yummy!

Keri January 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm

My favorite, favorite, Favorite are the Strawberry Oat Squares. I can’t wait until strawberry season is here again!!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 5, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I can’t believe we’re going to have another whole fabulous recipe compilation this time next year! No pressure ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm

heh….it’s a bit crazy to think that I made all those things in 2011, right?

Ellen Clifford January 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I’d love to see a vegan-ized trifle …but first I better get to makIng some if these treats! The pumpkin gingerbread calls my name…

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm

That’s a lovely idea!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva January 5, 2012 at 7:50 pm

No bake will definitely be on the menu as the weather heats up!!! Love all your recipes :)

Nina January 5, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Hey Angela,
I absolutely love your site and all of your delicious (& nutritious) recipes! It took me a while to attempt drinking a Green Monster and now I am hooked!! and spreading the word :)

Two deserts I would love see are French Toast and Crepes ….I am addicted to Crepes with Nutella!

Keep up the good work & can’t wait to see the future desserts

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

I am adding your great ideas to my list…yum.

ftyujk January 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm

time to up date your blog header to a winter theme

Jamie @ don't forget the cinnamon January 5, 2012 at 10:37 pm

AWESOME! I’d love to see some more healthy blizzard recipes (maybe once it’s warmer!) because those things are darn good!!

Andrea January 5, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I’m not sure if you have an ice cream maker or not but I would love to see some veganized ice cream! (Besides the banana trick – which I love) Awesome list!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco January 5, 2012 at 10:53 pm

All of them. I want ALL of them. ;)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 5, 2012 at 11:01 pm

You know I don’t know much about photography when I have no idea what you are talking about in that last photo (the white balance thing), lol!

I have made that pumpkin gingerbread about 10023 times. It is one of the best things I have ever eaten.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012 at 8:33 am

That’s ok, I had no idea what it was for a long time ;)

May Ng January 5, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I have made 9 out of 21 vegan dessert recipes you have created and I agree the chilled double choc torte (no-bake version) is da BOMB!!!! Hands down!!

The Choc Torte is so amah-zing .Without doubt, that’s the BEST CHOCOLATE DESSERT EVER!

I love to see more recipes in 2012 : Fruitcake (dense with fruits & nuts kind), Bread Pudding, Rum and Raisin Cakes, Rocky Road, Apple crumble, Crispy cookies (not chewy types), Meringue and of coz more low fat and less-oil desserts!!

Thank you Ange for creating all these delicious treats for us!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012 at 8:32 am

Great ideas! Thank you :)

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts January 5, 2012 at 11:57 pm

This is an amazing round up. Amazing and appetite-inspiring! I enjoyed the carrot cake cookies when I made them but many of the others are still on my bookmarked list. I think I’ve just been motivated to get to them that little bit sooner…

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie January 6, 2012 at 1:21 am

Oh heavens, every single one of those looks amazing! I’ve made a ton of your desserts, and all have turned out fabulous.

You are a dessert GODDESS!!

Alyssa January 6, 2012 at 7:11 am

I just made the pumpkin spiced donuts to take to work this morning and printed the recipe. The recipe directions say to add flours, plural, but there is only one flour listed. I thought that was weird, but went and double checked the online version and again only one flour was listed.

It only made 9 regular sized donuts and baked the donuts and they tooka bit longer to bake than suggested. I searched your recipes again and found the recipe for mini pumpkin spiced donuts and realized that the 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour did not copy over into the recipe you posted on THIS post. With a little extra baking it evened out, but they’re still a bit moist in the middle.

Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012 at 8:31 am

Hey Alyssa, Thanks for letting me know! I’m so sorry about the discrepancy! Recipage has just created a super useful embedding code for recipes, so I won’t have to enter the recipes in twice, which will mean less room for error. Thanks for letting me know and I’ve added the flour into the page.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 6, 2012 at 7:39 am

All these desserts look wonderful! I love how your posting your top recipes! This makes it easier for me to decided on what one to make. Ok, not really, but I like it anyway! Everything looks so good and I personally love your Gingerbread Cake, the frosting on top is perfect!!

LizAshlee January 6, 2012 at 9:46 am

Ok, can’t lie, I think this is my fav category, I am such a sweets gal…but I am choosing to cut back so as to cure my small addiction to healthy treats! I have tried the banana oat cake and the cookie dough balls for sure and they are delish…glad they made the list!

Zoe January 6, 2012 at 9:59 am

All your desserts look so tempting which is hard for someone like me who is dieting. Thanks for including a list of lighter desserts. Last year I made your brownie pumpkin pie with pecan topping and it was AMAZING! So I made it again. My little boy, who is dairy intolerant, loves it and so does everyone else.

Ashley January 6, 2012 at 11:11 am

Yummmm I remember all these desserts and have tried a few. :) Can’t wait to see what new ones you make in 2012.

Kayla @ The Best Things January 6, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Just had to stop by and say your photos are amazing!! So colourful and delicious looking!!

Preena @ A Teaspoon Of Turmeric January 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Hello Angela!

Agreed about your Double Chocolate Torte. I want to run to the kitchen to make this right now! :)

I’ve always found your writing, recipes, words and photos inspiring! Thank you for sharing it all! Love your blog — which is why you’re on my Versatlie Blog Award list!

Wishing you a happy and beautiful 2012!
Preena

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Thank you Preena! Going to check it out… :)

Laura January 6, 2012 at 3:53 pm

If I didn’t have so many christmas cookies left in my freezer, filling my freezer, I’d make that banana bread asap.

Emily January 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I always get excited to see your gluten free desserts, but then get a bit bummed when most of those have nuts in them. My son has celiac and is allergic to all nuts (and lentils and peas).I would love to see any recipes that meet those needs!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 6, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Thank you for the suggestion Emily!

Dorota January 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Hello Angela,
All the desserts look fabulous! I had my way with the “No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies” a few times in the past year. I’m looking forward to trying a few more of these wonderful vegan recipes.

Looking forward to more recipes in 2012!
–Dorota

Lynn January 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm

None of your recipe links takes me to the recipe…they just go to a comments page. Thought you’d want to know!

Cammy January 6, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Would loooove to see a vegan lemon mergiune pie?

s January 6, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Happy new year, Angela!!!
Every.single.one.of.these.desserts. looks DELICIOUS!!!!

PoochesForPeace (Anna H) January 6, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Sooo I can’t stop telling peoe about you’re amazing recipes! I’ve blogged about them,
Made them for my family (my family member got goosebumps eating your choc chip cookies!) and just been telling people to go to your site! I will have everyone converted to making your recipes sooner or later lol. I hope u come out with a cookbook soon, it would b cool to buy one and have a paper copy of the great stuff on here! Thanks for helping me enjoy cooking and being healthy and cruelty free :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Thank you for your support! :)

Kim January 6, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Thanks for the dessert recap! I’ll be trying out a few of these in the next few weeks!

Carolina January 7, 2012 at 8:47 am

Hi Angela! I´d really like to see that white chocolate recipe of yours!!!

Tiffany January 7, 2012 at 9:43 am

Hi Angela,

I make your no-bake date squares all the time! They are my fave and I can’t wait to try more of your delicious recipes!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 7, 2012 at 10:35 am

I really need to try some of the balls, I’ve never made any before!

Jeralyn January 7, 2012 at 10:45 am

Where do you come up with these recipes…there amazing? Can’t wait to try the blizzard!!

Deborah January 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I’ve only found your blog today. Looks amazing. It was through looking at Mac’ and Cheese recepies and found yours, and came across /the burger as well. Going to try both a some point, and I’ll be following the blog from now on. By the way, your name is my mittle name :-)

I’m not Vegan, but have been a vegetarian, and I’m eating more green food again, and I’m trying to have at least 3 a week. I wanted to comment the right place, but I’m sure you’d been forced to close on old comments due to spam, as do have I?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 7, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Hey Deborah! Thanks for your comment. So glad you stumbled across the blog. I did close old comments due to spam unfortunately. I might try re-opening if I can get them under control.

Erin January 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

OH wow! You made my day. Thank you :-)

Roselie January 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Hi, I really like your website and recipes. You were sort of looking for recipe ideas to veganize. I would like to come up with a recipe for vegan pecan pie, and I wonder if you have any ideas. The pecan pudding with carmel sauce looks sort of similar. I also don’t want to use any refined sweeteners, maple syrup and honey are okay. Seems like a good challenge. :)

Gena January 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

My alternate title for this post is, “More Proof that Ange is a Genius.”

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 8, 2012 at 8:33 am

hah…I wish, but thank you my dear!

Lia January 8, 2012 at 9:44 am

Too much NOMM for my mind going on here!!

luminousvegans January 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Holy moly, I am speechless! I am so glad I found your blog for this post alone!

Nina January 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Hi Angela!
There are so many recipes I want to try but I’m having a heck of a time finding whole wheat pastry flour. Can you recommend a national (Canadian) grocery chain that carries it on a regular basis?
Thanks!

Catherine January 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Wow, I’m just realizing how many of your desserts have made it into my regular rotation: almond chews, banana chocolate oat cake, pumpkin brownies, and most of all – the double chocolate torte! These are staples for me. It is great having desserts that I know are awesome, and that I can bring to friends and family for a dependable treat. And I can’t wait to make some of the others. Thank you so much!!

Liz January 16, 2012 at 10:13 am

It’s honest to goodness food porn. I drool over this site. When does your cookbook come out? I think it would be cheaper then printing everything that I want to try.

Dee January 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Wow! Such great desserts!!! To think that majority of people feel they would miss their favourite dessert when they switch to being a vegan. I wish they have vegan cookery programs on television. I am sure that would convince people that you can enjoy vegan desserts and live longer.

Jen June 21, 2012 at 4:31 am

Hmmm – how much are you getting from the ad at the top of the right column? Because it’s currently showing an ad for Nestle icecreams. Not quite in the spirit…

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 23, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Hi Jen, Thanks for letting me know. I’ve been having some problems with my advertiser committing to vegan friendly ads but not following through. I will be sure to bring this up with them as soon as I’m back. I agree with you that these ads should not be on the site. Thanks.

liz September 22, 2012 at 11:17 am

Fantastic recipes! I mail vegan cookies and cupcakes to my son, the vegan. Which
ones would do well with shipping? About 3 days usually.

Amy September 24, 2012 at 12:14 am

This is my first day visiting and I’m already making the vegan apple muffins. I can smell them in the oven. Is there any way to make vegan and gluten free croissants? My son (allergic to many things) really misses them. Thanks for the great ideas!

Kells October 29, 2012 at 5:33 am

pretty cool recipes dude

Vegan Radhika Sarohia January 27, 2013 at 6:25 am

Omg of course I find this post over a year late at 3am one rainy morning after I have stuffed myself with salty stuffed grape leaves and am now dying for something sweet hahaha
These vegan desserts look spectacular, amazing, gorgeous!
Now the challenge to just figure out which one I will make first *contemplates* :)

Kimberly Ernest February 14, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Hi!

I really like your no bake oatmeal chocolate cookie recipe. I wanted to make them but maybe vary the ingredients a little and was wondering what you thought. I wanted to add almonds… also I was wondering if I could substitute anything for the banana?

Thanks for posting such great recipes! I recently turned vegan and it is wonderful to have to many options.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Hey Kimberly, I don’t know of any subs for the banana…sorry about that! Im sure almonds would be fine to add in too.

KJ March 29, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Is it possible to substitute the earth balance buttery stick with banana or apple sauce?

Rusty Socks May 13, 2013 at 10:30 am

Man do I love meattttttttt

Patra August 25, 2013 at 11:01 am

I made the vegan chocolate chip cookies and took them to a birthday party. Everyone loved them. They really were delicious. Thanks for a great recipe.

Mel April 14, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Hi, maybe I have misinformation, but I thought that sugar was not vegan because often it is filtered through cow bones. Is that not true? I was excited about #15 until I saw that it has tons of sugar.

Michelle January 11, 2015 at 12:48 am

These Cupcakes came out Amazing!!! The texture and taste of the chocolate cake recipes is perfect, and the almond frosting while sweet, was perfect and fluffy! I bought raspberry jam and piped it into the cupcakes. It was such a hit that my daughter who’s 3 noticed there was only one cupcake left and asked “when are we gonna eat that cupcake mom”? We already shared one today and had one the day before LOL!

Michelle January 11, 2015 at 12:54 am

I thought i was leaving a comment on the vegan chocolate cupcake recipe with raspberry cream.

hannah millerick April 1, 2015 at 4:36 pm

I’m going to make the strawberry oat slice today. I’ve got a laminated version of a hand written recipe of my nana’s. This is a healthier version. Will send you a photo when I’m done.

ella May 1, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Wow i didn’t knew i could eat sooo delicious in my vegan diet! I made the Chilled Double Chocolate Torte, but i didn’t have pecan so i tried it with walnuts, i didn’t have arrowroot powder so i used cornstarch. I didn’t have chocolate chips so i used some vegan chocolate and extra cacao powder, maple syrup and milk to balance it out kind of. It was delicious anyways! And very easy to make and eat, next time i will try it with all the ingredients. yummmmmm<3 thank you for posting!

Olga May 13, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Love your dessert recipes! Thank you for sharing.

Michael February 5, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Hey Guys, I make this delicious VEGAN Jam roly poly and I want to share the recipe with all of you. Here it is :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5gQanowl8s

Wendy December 1, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Hi Angela! Love your blog and so much appreciate all the wonderful recipes. It is so wonderful to have someone creating delicious vegan food for which no explanations have to be made because they are just plain delicious as well as healthy. I am a southerner who loves pecan pie for the holidays. It is very much a southern tradition, but it certainly is not a healthy or vegan one. Would you consider creating a vegan version which eliminates the eggs, butter and awful corn syrup? You have no idea how much I would appreciate a recipe or advice.

Angela Liddon December 16, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Hi Wendy, that is definitely something I’ll have to keep in mind for the future!! Love that idea. :) Happy holidays to you!