Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

IMG 37321   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011 IMG 53781   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011 IMG 54763   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011IMG 20611   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011    IMG 29131   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

The last week in December is one of my favourite times of the entire year.

IMG 1308   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

Everything slows down. It’s eerily quiet. The normal traffic has vanished. Snow falls from the sky and glistens on the trees.

Eric’s home early from work.  We have impromptu get togethers with friends. I feel proud when I’m able to peel myself from the couch and go for a run.

20111226 095627   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

I have hot showers and eat cookies straight from the freezer.

I drink too much wine and get hangovers.

We torture ourselves with Big Holiday Crossword puzzles.

8h8en   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

We watch hockey.

nvfe3ewj tw1   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

Sketchie warms our legs while we watch movies.

20111227 204309   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

We stay up too late.

I have this undeniable urge to organize my pantry.

IMG 1338   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

I wear clogs Crocs in the snow to take pictures because I’m too lazy to put on boots.

IMG 1307   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

We make a fire or two.

ode14muj tw1   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

I take some time off work when I feel like it, which is often. Other times, I’m inspired to sit down with a hot cup of tea and write. There isn’t pressure to accomplish much if I don’t want to.

The last week of the year reminds me that it’s a good thing to occasionally just do “nothing”.

A real good thing.

And sometimes the biggest accomplishment of the day is to sit down to a home cooked meal with loved ones.

12) Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Gravy

3) Our Perfect Veggie Burger

IMG 8704   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

2) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos

IMG 3732   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

1) 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

IMG 0200 3   Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

Here’s to making the last week of the year whatever you want it to be!

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 29, 2011

Ahhhh I love this time of year as well! Everything slows down, but my eating ;) Annnnnd like you, my wine consumption.

I love all your meals and can’t wait to make some of them for dinners soon!!!

Have a relaxed day my friend!

xxoo

Molly December 29, 2011

Thanks for a wonderful year of great recipes, Angela! Happy 2012!!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 29, 2011

This post made me hungry for afternoon snack. :) I haven’t made a lentil loaf in forever. I need to remedy that soon!

laura December 29, 2011

nomnomnom, can you be my personal chef please :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 29, 2011

Coffee + hockey + food. Ok good deal.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 29, 2011

i love this! i’m glad to know i’m not the only one feeling like this this week. ;)

Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland December 29, 2011

The avocado pasta is one of my favorite meals now. So easy and so so good!!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco December 29, 2011

Droolworthy. Everything. No surprises.

Thank you for making me feel better that I’m not accomplishing nearly as much as I’d like to.

Joanna December 29, 2011

Burritos were my fav!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2011

I think they are my fav too!

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 29, 2011

I love the holidays! :) It’s been equally busy (in a good way) and relaxing. I’m so looking forward to New Year’s!

I’ve made 6 of your recipes listed in this post, and we’ve loved every one of them! The avocado pasta happens in our home about once a week :D amazing!

katie@ KatieDid December 29, 2011

So true about this interim week. It always feels lazy to me, but I’m also usually contemplating the new year and all that I’d like to accomplish.

Shelley @ MileHighHealthy December 29, 2011

I have made the avocado pasta, the butternut squash mac-n-cheeze, and the lentil-walnut loaf…all were amazing and delicious. I have had my eye on the barley risotto for a while now, hopefully I can make it soon. Thank you for a year’s worth of whole, nutritious vegan foods Angela!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2011

I’m happy to hear that Shelley. :) I think you will enjoy the risotto…it’s very quick. Happy New Year to you!

suzanne December 29, 2011

Oh my – I was going to say the exact same thing – and I just made the walnut lentil after months of wanting to – LOVED it! Can’t wait for the barley risotto.

TeenyLittleSuperChef December 29, 2011

Thanks for the awesome recap of all your best vegan entrees. So far I’ve made 6 of the 10 and they’ve all been incredibly delicious. In fact, I just made the burritos last night and they were a huge hit with my husband… and he’s a total meat lover. He said to give his compliments to the chef, but I think we really owe you all the thanks!
Have a great New Year! Enjoy your time with the fam and just taking some time out to relax :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 29, 2011

Thanks for the entree/savory recap. Now, where’s that dessert/sweet recap? :)

I love the shot of you in the yellow…so cute. And clogs. We call them Crocs but they are a mother’s salvation..nearly indestructible, can get wet, no laces or strings, talk about awesome kids shoes not just snow-picture taking shoes, too :)

Natalie December 29, 2011

Great post!

Katie December 29, 2011

Thank you for a great year of recipes! I really appreciate how dedicated you’ve stayed to your blog. When everyone else drops the ball, and my tv show are all on hyatis, I know I can count on you to cheer me up with some great recipes and gorgeous pictures. Thanks again!

Laura @ She Eats Well December 29, 2011

I must make those black bean and butternut squash burritos. I have been eyeing them for so very long. Jealous of your snow AND your fireplace. I would give anything for a fireplace in my tiny SF apartment!

Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 29, 2011

Those all look amazing. I’m definitely trying out that mac n’ cheese!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 29, 2011

Ha! Now I can be lazy and just make my way through the list, instead of navigating through your recipe index. :) I love lentil walnut loaf- and I’ve still yet to make your ‘best’ veggie burgers.
My wine consumption doesn’t really increase in the winter, but my MULLED wine consumption sure does!

miranda December 29, 2011

Thanks for letting me know it’s okay to hang out in PJs with my kids all of winter break!!! It’s all we have done! I was feeling kind of guilty (like I should be doing fun stuff with them), but today they ASKED if we could just stay home tomorrow!!! Of course I have been crocheting, helping them with puzzles, crafts, and new Christmas games….but in PJs! I am so happy that they LOVE being home as much as I do! We managed to squeeze in one day of sledding and bowling, and we hope to hit Venice or Verona (yes, I live in Italy!) for New Year’s Eve….so I guess I shouldn’t feel SO bad!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011

aww that’s cute :) Sounds like you are having a lovely time…soak it up!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit December 29, 2011

I was out buying some props for the blog today during my lunch hour and I was totally thinking the same thing – this past week has been absolutely fantastic! It’s so relaxing. I have to work, but it’s been so quiet that the days just slide by.

Cait's Plate December 29, 2011

So many of these look SO delicious! I’ve bookmarked most them :)

Also – that picture of you in all your running gear is too adorable ;)

Celine G. December 29, 2011

Angela – Thank you soooo much for a year filled with your fun and sincere posts as well as the delicious recipes! I just posted your vegan brownie recipe on my blog http://glitteratist.blogspot.com/2011/12/vegan-brownies-by-oh-she-glows.html
and oh my god how delicious it is!!!!! Next up is the veggie burger :) Looking forward to an even healthier, yummier 2012.
Be you be loved,
Celine G. aka glitteratist

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011

Glad you enjoyed them Celine!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 29, 2011

I do believe that this is my favorite week of the year. Going back to work next week is going to be a terrible shock!

That cheeze sauce from the mac and cheeze was delish – I spiced it up and ate it on everything for a week!

Elizabeth December 29, 2011

Oh my goodness, I almost started drooling looking at the photos of all of these yummy dishes! I can’t wait to take these for a spin!

I also love the adorable picture of you in your running gear! :)

Amanda December 29, 2011

I absolutely adore your recipe for creamy avocado pasta. It’s one of my go-to meals when I’m short on time.

Loved reading this post. My husband and I have the week off, and while we’re still doing some work, it’s so nice to slow down and just relax after a very busy few months.

Zugey December 29, 2011

Whoo hoo!@ Looks like four of my favorites, which I have tried made the list, yummy. Can’t wait to try the shepherd’s pie and roasted tomato pesto pasta. :D Happy New Year, Angela!

Jasper Naomi December 29, 2011

Olive Oil Pasta with Walnuts, Lentils, and Red Peppers was the awesome-est story-go-along-with-recipe and the tomato basil pesto is not just beautiful – why- it’s culinary genius Angela! great post thank you – Jasper!

jo @ includingcake December 29, 2011

I agree, a great time of year to slow down and reflect back on things. I have a lot of thoughts dancing across my mind at the moment to set me up for the New Year. But first, these are some great recipes…i am in real need of a savoury kick as i have eaten way too many sweet things this last week (healthy or otherwise) and these serve as great inspiration to get me going!

Solstice Scents December 29, 2011

The Creamy Avocado Pasta is definitely #1 in my heart and on my list!!! The Butternut Squash mac n cheese is pretty high on my faves list as well. :D

Cristela Nunez December 29, 2011

Everything looks amazing!!! Looking forward to trying your recipes. <3

K December 29, 2011

lots of Mexican dishes! They were all delish!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 29, 2011

I love that yellow running top!!!
And I most definitely agree that the butternut squash mac n cheese is a winner :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 29, 2011

What a wonderful time of the year indeed!!!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! December 29, 2011

These are definitely on my list of top recipes from your blog this year too! Especially the black bean squash burritos and the homemade baked beans! SO good.
PS I looooove that yellow running zip up! SO cute!

jenna December 29, 2011

Love reading about what you’ve been up to. I liked the butternut squash “cheese” pasta quite a bit. I’m reminded to make the walnut loaf – and to get to the giant crossword from the Globe :) You know, all I’ve really accomplished since Christmas is being in my (4th and last) day of a gallbladder/liver cleanse. I recommend it to anyone who’s got a few days of downtime :)

Mandy Jo December 29, 2011

I made the Enchilada Casserole for Christmas dinner and it was delicious! Even my carnivorous family enjoyed it! I’m so excited to try the mac and cheese as well as the other dishes.
Thank you SO much for all of your recipes Angela. I recently made the decision to become vegan (3 weeks and going stong!) and your blog has helped me SO much by showing me that it really is fun and easy to eat healthy. I started with the Kind Diet recipes and although I love all of them, they were a bit expensive and I’m not quite ready to become a “Superhero” just yet so your recipes have been nothing short of perfect for my transition to become vegan. Thank you!
Cheers to 2011 and bring it on 2012!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011

Hey Mandy Jo, Congrats on your recent transition to a vegan diet! I can understand that it’s difficult when making the switch! I’m happy you are enjoying the recipes…thank you so much for your positivity and support.

Zoe I. December 29, 2011

I made the black bean and butternut squash burritos last night and oh my word were they delicious. We had to restrain ourselves from eating all of the roasted butternut squash when it came out of the oven and I’m pretty sure we all hurt ourselves stuffing our faces with all of the yummy goodness. There was only three of us eating it last night and there were hardly any leftovers. Definitely one of my new favorite dishes! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Dana December 29, 2011

I have enjoyed your blog for over a year. Your recipes are fresh, healthy and delicous ( and this from a non-vegan!). Thank you for sharing your recipes with us.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 29, 2011

I remember these! Still excited about them :)

Page 1 of 3123»