Top 12 Vegan Entrées of 2011

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on December 29, 2011

IMG_3732 IMG_5378 IMG_5476IMG_2061    IMG_2913

The last week in December is one of my favourite times of the entire year.

IMG_1308

Everything slows down. It’s eerily quiet. The normal traffic has vanished. Snow falls from the sky and glistens on the trees.

Eric’s home early from work.  We have impromptu get togethers with friends. I feel proud when I’m able to peel myself from the couch and go for a run.

20111226_095627

I have hot showers and eat cookies straight from the freezer.

I drink too much wine and get hangovers.

We torture ourselves with Big Holiday Crossword puzzles.

8h8en

We watch hockey.

nvfe3ewj tw1

Sketchie warms our legs while we watch movies.

20111227_204309

We stay up too late.

I have this undeniable urge to organize my pantry.

IMG_1338

I wear clogs Crocs in the snow to take pictures because I’m too lazy to put on boots.

IMG_1307

We make a fire or two.

ode14muj tw1

I take some time off work when I feel like it, which is often. Other times, I’m inspired to sit down with a hot cup of tea and write. There isn’t pressure to accomplish much if I don’t want to.

The last week of the year reminds me that it’s a good thing to occasionally just do “nothing”.

A real good thing.

And sometimes the biggest accomplishment of the day is to sit down to a home cooked meal with loved ones.

12) Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Gravy

3) Our Perfect Veggie Burger

IMG_8704

2) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos

IMG_3732

1) 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta

IMG_0200-3

Here’s to making the last week of the year whatever you want it to be!

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 29, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Ahhhh I love this time of year as well! Everything slows down, but my eating ;) Annnnnd like you, my wine consumption.

I love all your meals and can’t wait to make some of them for dinners soon!!!

Have a relaxed day my friend!

xxoo

Molly December 29, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Thanks for a wonderful year of great recipes, Angela! Happy 2012!!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

This post made me hungry for afternoon snack. :) I haven’t made a lentil loaf in forever. I need to remedy that soon!

laura December 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

nomnomnom, can you be my personal chef please :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 29, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Coffee + hockey + food. Ok good deal.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 29, 2011 at 2:41 pm

i love this! i’m glad to know i’m not the only one feeling like this this week. ;)

Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland December 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm

The avocado pasta is one of my favorite meals now. So easy and so so good!!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco December 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Droolworthy. Everything. No surprises.

Thank you for making me feel better that I’m not accomplishing nearly as much as I’d like to.

Joanna December 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Burritos were my fav!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I think they are my fav too!

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca December 29, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I love the holidays! :) It’s been equally busy (in a good way) and relaxing. I’m so looking forward to New Year’s!

I’ve made 6 of your recipes listed in this post, and we’ve loved every one of them! The avocado pasta happens in our home about once a week :D amazing!

[email protected] KatieDid December 29, 2011 at 3:07 pm

So true about this interim week. It always feels lazy to me, but I’m also usually contemplating the new year and all that I’d like to accomplish.

Shelley @ MileHighHealthy December 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I have made the avocado pasta, the butternut squash mac-n-cheeze, and the lentil-walnut loaf…all were amazing and delicious. I have had my eye on the barley risotto for a while now, hopefully I can make it soon. Thank you for a year’s worth of whole, nutritious vegan foods Angela!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 29, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I’m happy to hear that Shelley. :) I think you will enjoy the risotto…it’s very quick. Happy New Year to you!

suzanne December 29, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Oh my – I was going to say the exact same thing – and I just made the walnut lentil after months of wanting to – LOVED it! Can’t wait for the barley risotto.

TeenyLittleSuperChef December 29, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Thanks for the awesome recap of all your best vegan entrees. So far I’ve made 6 of the 10 and they’ve all been incredibly delicious. In fact, I just made the burritos last night and they were a huge hit with my husband… and he’s a total meat lover. He said to give his compliments to the chef, but I think we really owe you all the thanks!
Have a great New Year! Enjoy your time with the fam and just taking some time out to relax :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 29, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for the entree/savory recap. Now, where’s that dessert/sweet recap? :)

I love the shot of you in the yellow…so cute. And clogs. We call them Crocs but they are a mother’s salvation..nearly indestructible, can get wet, no laces or strings, talk about awesome kids shoes not just snow-picture taking shoes, too :)

Natalie December 29, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Great post!

Katie December 29, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Thank you for a great year of recipes! I really appreciate how dedicated you’ve stayed to your blog. When everyone else drops the ball, and my tv show are all on hyatis, I know I can count on you to cheer me up with some great recipes and gorgeous pictures. Thanks again!

Laura @ She Eats Well December 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I must make those black bean and butternut squash burritos. I have been eyeing them for so very long. Jealous of your snow AND your fireplace. I would give anything for a fireplace in my tiny SF apartment!

Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Those all look amazing. I’m definitely trying out that mac n’ cheese!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Ha! Now I can be lazy and just make my way through the list, instead of navigating through your recipe index. :) I love lentil walnut loaf- and I’ve still yet to make your ‘best’ veggie burgers.
My wine consumption doesn’t really increase in the winter, but my MULLED wine consumption sure does!

miranda December 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Thanks for letting me know it’s okay to hang out in PJs with my kids all of winter break!!! It’s all we have done! I was feeling kind of guilty (like I should be doing fun stuff with them), but today they ASKED if we could just stay home tomorrow!!! Of course I have been crocheting, helping them with puzzles, crafts, and new Christmas games….but in PJs! I am so happy that they LOVE being home as much as I do! We managed to squeeze in one day of sledding and bowling, and we hope to hit Venice or Verona (yes, I live in Italy!) for New Year’s Eve….so I guess I shouldn’t feel SO bad!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:58 pm

aww that’s cute :) Sounds like you are having a lovely time…soak it up!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit December 29, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I was out buying some props for the blog today during my lunch hour and I was totally thinking the same thing – this past week has been absolutely fantastic! It’s so relaxing. I have to work, but it’s been so quiet that the days just slide by.

Cait's Plate December 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm

So many of these look SO delicious! I’ve bookmarked most them :)

Also – that picture of you in all your running gear is too adorable ;)

Celine G. December 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Angela – Thank you soooo much for a year filled with your fun and sincere posts as well as the delicious recipes! I just posted your vegan brownie recipe on my blog http://glitteratist.blogspot.com/2011/12/vegan-brownies-by-oh-she-glows.html
and oh my god how delicious it is!!!!! Next up is the veggie burger :) Looking forward to an even healthier, yummier 2012.
Be you be loved,
Celine G. aka glitteratist

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Glad you enjoyed them Celine!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 29, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I do believe that this is my favorite week of the year. Going back to work next week is going to be a terrible shock!

That cheeze sauce from the mac and cheeze was delish – I spiced it up and ate it on everything for a week!

Elizabeth December 29, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Oh my goodness, I almost started drooling looking at the photos of all of these yummy dishes! I can’t wait to take these for a spin!

I also love the adorable picture of you in your running gear! :)

Amanda December 29, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I absolutely adore your recipe for creamy avocado pasta. It’s one of my go-to meals when I’m short on time.

Loved reading this post. My husband and I have the week off, and while we’re still doing some work, it’s so nice to slow down and just relax after a very busy few months.

Zugey December 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Whoo [email protected] Looks like four of my favorites, which I have tried made the list, yummy. Can’t wait to try the shepherd’s pie and roasted tomato pesto pasta. :D Happy New Year, Angela!

Jasper Naomi December 29, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Olive Oil Pasta with Walnuts, Lentils, and Red Peppers was the awesome-est story-go-along-with-recipe and the tomato basil pesto is not just beautiful – why- it’s culinary genius Angela! great post thank you – Jasper!

jo @ includingcake December 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I agree, a great time of year to slow down and reflect back on things. I have a lot of thoughts dancing across my mind at the moment to set me up for the New Year. But first, these are some great recipes…i am in real need of a savoury kick as i have eaten way too many sweet things this last week (healthy or otherwise) and these serve as great inspiration to get me going!

Solstice Scents December 29, 2011 at 4:33 pm

The Creamy Avocado Pasta is definitely #1 in my heart and on my list!!! The Butternut Squash mac n cheese is pretty high on my faves list as well. :D

Cristela Nunez December 29, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Everything looks amazing!!! Looking forward to trying your recipes. <3

K December 29, 2011 at 5:01 pm

lots of Mexican dishes! They were all delish!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 29, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I love that yellow running top!!!
And I most definitely agree that the butternut squash mac n cheese is a winner :)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 29, 2011 at 5:02 pm

What a wonderful time of the year indeed!!!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! December 29, 2011 at 5:04 pm

These are definitely on my list of top recipes from your blog this year too! Especially the black bean squash burritos and the homemade baked beans! SO good.
PS I looooove that yellow running zip up! SO cute!

jenna December 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Love reading about what you’ve been up to. I liked the butternut squash “cheese” pasta quite a bit. I’m reminded to make the walnut loaf – and to get to the giant crossword from the Globe :) You know, all I’ve really accomplished since Christmas is being in my (4th and last) day of a gallbladder/liver cleanse. I recommend it to anyone who’s got a few days of downtime :)

Mandy Jo December 29, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I made the Enchilada Casserole for Christmas dinner and it was delicious! Even my carnivorous family enjoyed it! I’m so excited to try the mac and cheese as well as the other dishes.
Thank you SO much for all of your recipes Angela. I recently made the decision to become vegan (3 weeks and going stong!) and your blog has helped me SO much by showing me that it really is fun and easy to eat healthy. I started with the Kind Diet recipes and although I love all of them, they were a bit expensive and I’m not quite ready to become a “Superhero” just yet so your recipes have been nothing short of perfect for my transition to become vegan. Thank you!
Cheers to 2011 and bring it on 2012!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Hey Mandy Jo, Congrats on your recent transition to a vegan diet! I can understand that it’s difficult when making the switch! I’m happy you are enjoying the recipes…thank you so much for your positivity and support.

Zoe I. December 29, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I made the black bean and butternut squash burritos last night and oh my word were they delicious. We had to restrain ourselves from eating all of the roasted butternut squash when it came out of the oven and I’m pretty sure we all hurt ourselves stuffing our faces with all of the yummy goodness. There was only three of us eating it last night and there were hardly any leftovers. Definitely one of my new favorite dishes! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Dana December 29, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I have enjoyed your blog for over a year. Your recipes are fresh, healthy and delicous ( and this from a non-vegan!). Thank you for sharing your recipes with us.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 29, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I remember these! Still excited about them :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 29, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I finally feel like this as well now that I have the next 3 days off. Time to relax and bring in the New Year.
PS-That avocado pasta was life changing this year ;)

[email protected] December 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm

All of the food looks wonderful. I think I’ll start with the olive oil pasta! On another note, I noticed the kamut udon noodles in your pantry. Those are my favourite noodles.

Have a great last couple days of 2011!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset December 29, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I think Ill start with the lentil loaf… it’s one I have been eager to try for quite some time now :)

Luv What You Do December 29, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I definitely have the urge to clean out my pantry. It’s a disaster!!!

I bet I will find some good ingredients to make some of these fabulous looking dinners. Enchilada Casserole here i come!

Shady December 29, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I don’t make resolutions but I may have to resolve to make all of these recipes and to make the avocado pasta one twice because it is stupidly yummy.

eatingRD December 29, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am drooling it all looks wonderful! I want to try the veggie burgers. You’re right, sometimes the best times are spent doing nothing and chilling out with family. Glad you had a wonderful holiday, happy new year!

Moni'sMeals December 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm

one of each please! Bless you for this post. Here is to 2012! I look forward to all the more amazing recipes you come up with. ;)

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy December 29, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I think I’ve made that butternut/pumpkin mac n cheese about a dozen times now! soo good

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 29, 2011 at 8:52 pm

What a great year of wonderful recipes!

Nicole @ giraffelegs December 29, 2011 at 8:59 pm

The Mac n’ cheese is calling my name.
Also you take some really spectacular pictures! I always look forward to them.

Bethany M December 29, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I’m going to go with roasted tomato pesto as my fave OSG recipe, and the veggie burger as a close second. That’s not even counting your breakfast recipes, though!! Thank you for all of the deliciousness.

Jes Suazo December 29, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I can’t wait to try some of these recipes!!

Nicole December 29, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I wanted to thank you so much for your butternut squash mac recipe(s) – I made it for my family a few months ago and my dad requested it for Christmas this year. Everyone was amazed at all of its flavor – it is definitely omnivore approved for sure!! Cheese and meat lovers agree :) Have a beautiful new year!!

deva at deva by definition December 29, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Sketchie is ADORABLE in that photo. Makes me want to go cuddle my cats.

char @ char on a mission December 29, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Loved those enchiladas and happened to make them on a night one of my husband’s friends was sleeping over…and he loved them too!! Vegan power!

Rachel December 29, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Not sure which one I want to try first!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva December 29, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Another great year and even more awesome recipes. I find it hard to slow myself down, but I know that lazy days are good and necessary. Wishing you a happy, healthy new year!

Jessica @ Hungrygems December 29, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I adore the contrast of the vibrant vegan entrees bursting with boldness compared to the clean, solid bright white of the wintery setting that followed in the pictures….now if only we could marry them and witness a vegan snowfall…would be both magical and delicious.

Stacie December 30, 2011 at 12:07 am

Yum…my mouth is watering & my brain can’t decide what to make first! :)

Say..I see you are wearing running tights & jacket in your pic. Any suggestions? What to look for? Brands? Especially for tights! (Hopefully Lululemon…tee hee…but will wear whatever). I live in northern Wisconsin, so temps/seasons similar to you. THANKS!!

Hope you & Eric had a Merry Christmas (looks like fun!) and Happy New Year!!
~Stacie

Red Deception December 30, 2011 at 12:43 am

I made the butternut squash and black bean enchiladas for my sweetie, and he LOVED them! He ate more than half the batch!

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours December 30, 2011 at 1:33 am

Thanks for the recipe reminder! It is well past time to stop eating cookies and make some real food… I always organize like crazy during this time–between cups of tea and the inevitable Christmas cookies!

Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 30, 2011 at 3:15 am

This post made me realize that there are soo many recipes I still need to try.

I agree the last week of December is sooo nice and relaxing! I ended up working, and now I wish I took the time off. I will have to make up for it during the first week of January :)

hannah alehandra December 30, 2011 at 5:44 am

Glad to hear that you are taking it easy and enjoying yourself, Angela! Hope you have a fabulous New Year’s. Much love, from England.

Sadie December 30, 2011 at 6:35 am

Mmmmm… Some of my faves were number 2, 4, and 11. They’re all so tasty!

Michaela December 30, 2011 at 6:57 am

You listed my favourite recipes there :)
I honestly cannot wait for your book.
Hope you have a great 2012.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 30, 2011 at 8:08 am

I love that big holiday crossword puzzle in the Globe and Mail! My family does it on Christmas Day every year and we all get so eager that we’ve started to set down some “rules” for it haha! :P

There are so many recipes in this list that I’ve been meaning to try – thanks for the reminder!

Mrs.CJ December 30, 2011 at 8:26 am

What a fun time with your family! I will be trying out your recipes, thank you for sharing them!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 30, 2011 at 9:01 am

Everything looks so good! I want to try the burritos! Yum! Funny how this time of the year were off track from our normal. I clean my pantry out weekly in the winter, why? I don’t know?

ellen December 30, 2011 at 9:45 am

Love the photos today! you make me want to drag my butt out in the cold for a run!
Happy New Year!!

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy December 30, 2011 at 9:51 am

Wonderful post! Enjoy the last few days of 2011, and here is to a wonderful New Year!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 30, 2011 at 10:18 am

SNOW! I want ALL this food right now :D I think I’ve made all the mexican dishes.

Clare December 30, 2011 at 10:46 am

I just wanted to thank you for your blog. I have been a reader for about 2 years and in that time have gone from a 18 year vegetarian to a vegan! It had been over a year now, and your recipes and beautiful photographs keep me inspired. Plus, I love that you celebrate your own “nerdiness”.(; Happy New Year to You and Yours!

brigitte December 30, 2011 at 11:18 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INSPIRING! YUM!!!

Andrea December 30, 2011 at 11:30 am

Love your pantry! I need to get me some of the latch-jars!

Sarah December 30, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Thank you so much for your site! I discovered it on pinterest, and you have inspired me to try vegan recipes, and am loving it so far! I made my first green monster for my husband and myself this morning….delicious! Thanks!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Thank you Sarah! I love Pinterest too. Happy New Year!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) December 30, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I want to try each one of those! Your recipes are always THE BEST.

Kristy December 30, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I’ve made almost all of these recipes!! They are so delish, and the BEST part is that my kiddos LOVE them too!! Thanks for making it a little bit easier to be a vegan-not-to crazy-about-tofu-and-other-fake-meats family!!

Wendy Irene December 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Happy New Year! Thank you for all your great recipes and inspiration. Many blessings in 2012!

Meghan @ Making Love In the Kitchen December 30, 2011 at 2:57 pm

LOVE this top ten – so much goodness for my eyes to feast on! Have to say I am a December quiet time lover too, I usually just hop over somewhere hot to enjoy the quiet :) Happy New Year!

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles December 30, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Perfect round-up of Vegan inspiration! Can’t wait to try these out in the new year!

Kathy December 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I made the avocado pasta with my cousin once; it was divine! Great if you put on a little salt + pepper on top of the pasta when you serve it, too!!

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} December 30, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Although I hate cold weather I LOVE the holidays and I love snow! Here it hasn’t snowed yet, hope it will soon!
Your top 12 looks so delicious!
Happy New Year Angela!

Tida December 30, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Hi,

Sorry I couldn’t find an email, or a place to ask a general question so I will ask it here!

Have you made you Spinach Artichoke dip the day before you wanted to serve it? I am thinking of making it the day before (tonight) and then just putting it in the oven the next day…thoughts?
Thanks!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 30, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Hey Tida, No I haven’t…I think it could get watery if made in advance so I’d be hesitant to try it.

Yena December 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Angela, I finally made the avocado pasta last night and it was DIVINE! Thanks for the great recipe :)

Jess December 30, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Where, oh where did you get that yellow running jacket? It’s my favorite color!

Bren December 30, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I can’t wait to try those veggie burgers! Can you tell me what kind of bun you have them on in the picture? It all looks SO good! The other entrees all look worth a try too!!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama December 30, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Thank you for a great year of recipes. I’ve made almost everything on the list except the walnut loaf and risotto. My husband isn’t a fan of anything in loaf form but maybe I can win him over with it. Looking forward to more great food in 2012!

Emily December 30, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I think my favorite is the Shepards pie. Yum! Wonderful pictures too.

Cara December 30, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I’ve been vegetarian for 15 years, but lately have been feeling pulled to go vegan. I found your blog a couple of weeks ago while searching for vegan Nanaimo bars. They were one of the things I was afraid I would miss out on if I went vegan–but there they were! And they looked DELICIOUS!! I love looking at your beautiful photography and reading your posts–you just sound so FRIENDLY! (My husband, the Canadian, says that’s just because you’re Canadian ;-) ) But tonight I finally made my first of your recipes–Olive Oil Pasta with Walnuts, Lentils, and Red Peppers. SO SO SO good! And my husband (the meat-eater) went back for THIRDS! THANK YOU!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 1, 2012 at 9:04 am

Hey Cara, That is so great to hear! Thank you so much for the feedback :) I hope you enjoy the nanaimo bars!

val December 30, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Thank you for a wonderful year of recipes, travel logs, and humor! Happy New Year Angela!

Melinda December 31, 2011 at 3:25 am

Those all look amazingly tasty. Happy New Year!

Molly December 31, 2011 at 7:58 am

Hi! What type of winter running tights do you have? Do you recommend them? I am moving soon (to a place that is very chilly) and need to buy some, but have NO clue where to start! Thanks!

Maria December 31, 2011 at 8:46 am

Hi Angella, I really like your blog and vegan recipes. But I would like to ask you if you use nature cosmetics, which is not tested on animals an is certified Vegan. Thank you for your answer.

Happy New Year and good luck with your blog :)

Maria

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 1, 2012 at 9:08 am

Hi Maria,
Thank you for your kind words about the blog. When selecting vegan cosmetic products this guide is extremely helpful for me: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/lifestyle/the-ultimate-vegan-makeup-guide/ Enjoy!

Susan H. @ The Food Allergy Chronicles December 31, 2011 at 10:20 am

I am loving my down time…in a winter wonderland. It feels so good to switch up the routine and spend time with family. Enjoying my last day with a girls’ day…my mom and sister-in-law will enjoy a lunch out and check out if there is anything left in the stores…first time out shopping since before Christmas!

Christina December 31, 2011 at 10:31 am

Thanks so much for sharing all these fantastic recipes – although we love our meat, we have truely enjoyed trying many of your recipes (sometimes adding meat others enjoying them as they are!) This is the one blog my hubby loves me following and asks what you posted each day and when I’ll be making it!! The Roasted Tomato Pesto & Creamy Roasted Tomato Garlic & Onion Soup is by far our favs- even tho I we ate them every week during the last month or so of my pregnancy!!! Thank you for introducing me to roasted tomatoes!!!!! Looking forward to all the great recipes in 2012 & your cookbook!!!!!

Cherin January 1, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I love your story! I love your food! Thank you for keeping this blog going.

My family eats the veggie burgers and the enchiladas ALL the time! I’ve printed 5 of the top 10 recipes to put into the rotation.

Happy New Year!

Cherin January 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Oops, top 12 recipes…

katie January 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I made the vegan enchiladas last night and they were amazing!! the cilantro avocado cream sauce is finger lickin’ good!! Your recipes are sooo great. I want to make these all the time :) thank you. Happy new year!

Rachel R. January 1, 2012 at 5:12 pm

My husband and I made your enchiladas (with – rest assured – homemade sauce versus the canned stuff) a few nights ago – so, so, so good!

Happy New Year and thank you (as always) for sharing your ever-delicious recipes with us!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 1, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Thanks Rachel! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Sara January 1, 2012 at 6:40 pm

That avocado pasta has rocked my socks off numerous times. My non-veg boyfriend absolutely loves it! Those burritos were killer and I’ve also made the mac & cheeze more than once. I made your pumpkin spice donuts this morning and the Detox salad for lunch- HOLY YUM! Looking forward to another year of tasty, healthy vegan recipes from your awesome blog. :) Cheers!

eila / full plate January 1, 2012 at 10:39 pm

cannot wait to try several of your recipes in the new year, as I aim to make more meatless meals for my family. here’s to a delicious year of vegan cooking ahead!! thank you for all of the effort you pour into this blog!

Sarah January 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

Your blog has become my new “must check” web site. I have recently made the Creamy Avocado Pasta for my family of 3, and for New Years Eve I made the Olive Oil Pasta with Walnuts and Lentils. AMAZING!!! My daughter – who is 8 – loved the walnut dish (she ate the bowl clean), and while eating it she said “Mommy, can you make the avocado pasta for our next meal…it was SOOOOO yummy!”. Neither my husband or daughter miss the meat and even my parents are trying your recipes now. THANK YOU!!!

Tara DaMetz January 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I have to say… you are amazing! I have made SO many of your recipes and time after time they are better than I expect. Thank you for sharing your talent!

Stefanie Green January 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I’m in love with the avocado pasta. Just made. 3 garlic cloves worked for me :) Thanks so much!

Stefanie January 5, 2012 at 6:25 am

Hi Ange and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thanks for all the inspiration and the lovely recipes. I’ve tried many of them an all turned out perfect and very yummy. What I love most is that through cooking and baking vegan meals I feel so comfortable in my own skin – not to mention I’ve dropped 10 pounds LOL. The hubs also enjoys the cookies and most of all the veggie burgers. When his Corean customers visited I baked several bars, cookies and cakes for them and they were just delighted.

Your website has given me so much already – I cannot wait to see what 2012 has in stock. So thumps up to you!

Have a great January and give kisses to Sketchie LOL

Stefanie Green January 5, 2012 at 8:01 pm

angela-
just so you know-for the avocado pasta- i had leftover avocado cream sauce and put it in a separate container and stored in the fridge. then i stored the extra pasta in a container with olive oil in the fridge. took out tonight for leftovers- heated the pasta and then mixed the sauce on the hot pasta and voila- perfect like it was just made!!!

[email protected] January 5, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I made the avocado pasta last night and it was better than I had even hoped. So simple and delicious. I doubled the recipe. My kids even ate a bit and they are picky. They would have had more if I didn’t put in so much garlic!

Marni January 7, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I totally agree with your #1!! I am making this tonight and have made it at least 20 times in the past 4 months :)

sheree voss January 17, 2012 at 6:31 am

wow..just made the mac n cheeze…favourite recipe so far. Thanx sooooo much !!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 17, 2012 at 8:35 am

Glad to hear that Sheree!

Sarah January 19, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Your website has become one of my go-to’s for the answer to “What’s for supper tonight?” All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the delicious and nourishing recipes! I have made most of the recipes on this list. Last night was Shepherd’s pie, which was a huge hit with my mashed potato loving husband!

Alaine January 23, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I am in love with this list! I can’t wait to try out these recipes especially the vegan entrees. The butternut squash mac n’ cheese looks heavenly!

slj January 27, 2012 at 9:52 am

Just wanted to say I finally tried the avocado pasta and it was delicious! I recently had some leftover romaine lettuce and decided to use this as a dressing, thinned out a bit with water. I also added baked tofu ‘croutons’ and the result reminded me of a vegan Caesar salad- delicious!

Jen February 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I know I’m a little late to this party, but I just wanted to tell you how awesome the black bean and butternut squash burritos are. I have been making them practically weekly since I first tried them. They are also amazing if you sub sweet potatoes for the squash (as I found out one day when I realized my squash had gone bad but I wasn’t going to give up on making these burritos). Thank you for all of the great recipes. Also, I’d just like to say that as a frequent reader of multiple food blogs, your food photos are by far the most attractive, colorful, and appetizing of any vegan food blog I’ve seen. I am a vegetarian rather than a vegan but will try vegan food on occasion. Frequently, the photos of vegan food from other blogs turns me off before I’ve had a chance to look at the recipe, but your food always looks amazing, which is obviously important when you’re trying to teach people about delicious vegan food.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 8, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed the burritos Jen! Thanks for the compliments about my photos too.

ari November 17, 2012 at 3:14 pm