Top 10 Recipes This Fall

IMG 4323   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

So how do I put this nicely……..biscotti season is going to be slightly delayed.

Well, this is a bit awkward now isn’t it.

The biscotti recipe that we fell in love with and made twice already turned into a dry piece of junk when I attempted to make it for the third time last night. I think I may have over-mixed the batter, but I can’t be sure. It was also a full moon so obviously it was out of my hands!

A random flop is why I always test my baked good recipes at least twice, if not 3 times before posting them. I don’t want you to have a recipe bust in your own kitchen!

Now be warned, I didn’t practice a lot of recipe testing in the early stages of the blog. I have no idea what the hell I posted in 2008 and 2009. I assume Tofurkey may have been involved and possibly some scary green monsters.

img 4358   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

A main feature in many grocery shopping posts.

Also…may I just ask what this Tofurkey is doing in my salad?

img 1492   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

Apparently I enjoyed it with Wolf Blass Yellow Label? I guess it wasn’t so bad after all. :)

img 7540   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

More Tofurkey.

I’d say my vegan recipe creativity has improved slightly since 2009.

Anyways, what’s a girl to do when evil forces are at play in her kitchen? She reminds herself of the good days, of course! Here are the top 10 recipes from the Fall season so far. These are the most clicked & commented recipes since September 1st.

Let’s hope I haven’t already hit my peak and it’s downhill from here…

Top 10 Recipes This Fall

6) Butternut Squash Mac n Cheeze

IMG 2422 thumb   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

5) Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

IMG 3316   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

4) Happy Thanksgiving Homemade Pumpkin Butter

20101005IMG 8998 thumb   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

3) Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows thanks to Isa.

IMG 41152   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

2) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos

IMG 3732   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

[one of our all time favs!]

…and the number 1 recipe since September (and of all time) goes to:

1) 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta!

IMG 0200 3   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

Honourable mentions go to:

IMG 2210   Top 10 Recipes This Fall

I like the way you think.

I think we’d hit it off real well.

It’s now 5pm on a Friday and no one is reading this. Better late than never right?

Sara Grambusch November 11, 2011

The veggie burger and the bean and squash burrito are still at the top of my to-make-soon list! Take your time with the biscotti. That stuff is complicated.

AdrienneCarolyn November 11, 2011

Haha great post! I used to eat so much weird “meat substitute” junk years ago too! I have made most of the things in the top 10 list already…can’t wait to make more of that pumpkin butter..mmm…:-)

Karen Beth November 11, 2011

My top favorite (of your entire blog existence maybe) is the butternut mac and cheeze.
OH GOOD LORD.
It is so good. I will make it over and over and over.
Love that one.

Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes November 11, 2011

Can I come stay with you for the winter?? Your recipes look like pure heaven!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Sure! I could use a hand around here… ;)

Ann November 11, 2011

The Protein Power Goddess Bowl is one of my favorite recipes of all time! I add in some goat or feta, which makes it non-vegan, but is delicious. I have sent this recipe to so many people, and everyone agrees the dressing is drink-worthy!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

I’m glad I’m not the only one who drinks it…

jenna November 11, 2011

Well, since 5 pm, at least 5 of us have been reading :) How did you choose which recipes are at the top? Is it by hits? PS – We had a little snow here north of Toronto today!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Yea, I just checked the top hits in Google analytics by selecting Sept 1st- present day. :)

We got a bit of snow too! Although nothing stuck thankfully.

Christine @ The Brighter Side of Life November 11, 2011

My fave is the Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream. *sigh.* Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m going to have to make it again soon! I’ve brought it to a number of events and have been asked for the recipe every time!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

That was high up on the list too!

Shawna November 11, 2011

Im surprised your nut butter crusted parsnip fries didn’t make the list. I have been eating them regularly for months…but they are PERFECT comfort food at this time of year. C’mon people- try them!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

I think they are a forgotten recipe maybe? I always forget about them too, but I do love them so much!

Jessica November 11, 2011

Your 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta recipe rightly belongs at #1, at least in my opinion. My lactose-intolerant boyfriend almost wept the first time I made it for him. When avocados are ripe and on sale, it’s an every-other-day meal at our place. Who can argue with 15 minutes?

The most viewed recipe on my blog is Apple Brown Betty with Oats, an experiment I did when I had no flour or breadcrumbs in my cupboards and wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a birthday dessert (lactose-free, of course). http://shebakeshere.blogspot.com/2011/06/apple-brown-betty-with-oats.html

Don’t worry about the earlier posts, the fact that they are “scary” to you is what makes them fun to look back on and scratch your head at. :)

Lauren November 11, 2011

Oh my goodness, that photo of your rolled-up Tofurky in your salad made me laugh SO hard. Thanks for posting that — I needed a laugh!!!

P.S. Making Butternut Squash M&C again tonight! Love it.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

haha what you don’t like my food styling? ;) It made me laugh too…

Lauren November 11, 2011

No, I love it! Totally what would be all over my food blog, if I had one! :)
Also how I ate your cinnamon sugar pumpkin spiced donuts straight from the cinnamon sugary paper bag!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

heh :) I recall doing that too!

Lucy @ Porridge and Parsnips November 11, 2011

Yum, some great recipes you’ve made there! :)

You didn’t mention your pumpkin gingerbread smoothie though – I have made it so many times since you posted that recipe. Love it, my current favourite breakfast!

Keep up the good work!! :-D

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

I added it in because it was high up on the list too :)

Julie @ Shining From Within November 11, 2011

I read through all your old posts and you have evolved so much! I actually miss reading your day-to-day “life” posts… you should mix it up here and there! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Thanks Julie, I will keep that in mind!

Amanda November 11, 2011

I really do love your creamy avocado pasta recipe. It’s so simple and healthy, but tastes so decadent! I just need to remember to not overdo it on the garlic in that one. Very potent!

My most popular recipe (as of the last month) would be my pumpkin spice donuts:

I could really go for one right now!

Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) November 11, 2011

I am totally going to make the homemade pumpkin butter and give it out as gifts this season. Thank you for the recipe!

Rachel November 11, 2011

I’m pretty sure your creamy avocado pasta is one of my all time favorite recipes too! I’ve made it countless times and love it every time. SO good. :)

Erica November 11, 2011

Yum, we readers have good taste!

On my blog, this cookie recipe (which happens to be vegan and gluten-free) has been most popular this fall: http://talesofa30somethingnothing2010.blogspot.com/2011/10/vegan-banana-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Audrey November 11, 2011

I’m truly impressed that you test each recipe at least twice. That’s dedication!

Lisa November 11, 2011

aaagh! I needed this reminder! Nearly every item is on my “must make” list, and I still haven’t done it! I’m dying to try the mac and cheese, and pesto…must.do.it.

And I agree, your veggie burgers are still numero uno with me. They’ve changed my life, whoo hoo! ;0 Because of your blog, I can no longer stomach all of the “fake” meat products out there when I know I can makes things that taste soooo much better, not to mention, a lot healthier too! thanks!!

raechel @the rebel grrl kitchen November 11, 2011

Ah, biscotti bust! I bought matcha green tea powder months ago with the sole desire to recreate a vegan version of the green tea biscotti a local cafe serves. I still haven’t been brave enough to give it a shot!

I am deeply in love with your lightened protein salad (dressing especially!), and have been dying to make that black bean burrito.

Folks seem to like it simple over at the rebel grrl kitchen; the most popular post has been this 5-ingredient Pumpkin Chickpea Soup!: http://rebelgrrlkitchen.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/5-ingredient-creamy-pumpkin-chickpea-soup-with-spinach/

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 11, 2011

It’s ok Ange, we can wait for biscotti, because these other recipes are AMAZING!! One of my faves from this fall was the Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn Mix that I made (http://wp.me/p1Y0xO-2Io) which I’ll be happily sneaking into the movie theater with me tonight!! ;)

Laura November 11, 2011

I thought I’d say I have made a bunch of your recipes for my decidedly NON-vegan BF, and he always comments how good they are and he doesn’t miss the meat! Score! I don’t have to make two meals. Awesome.

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 11, 2011

everything looks delicious!! your all time most amazing recipe (in MY opinion) has to be the perfect veggie burgers. although i haven’t tried this avocado pasta…

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 11, 2011

I love that avocado creamy pasta recipe. Such a good one and so darn easy!
You just made me curious as to which is my most popular recipe so I checked and by a landslide it’s the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in this post: http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2011/09/pumpkin-pumpkin-everywhere/
Have a great weekend!

Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com November 11, 2011

My most popular recipe has got to be the Turkey, Kale & Bean soup – obviously made before I went vegetarian this week! ;)

What I love most about your recipes is that it makes it easy to improvise! I’ve made a Mexican Protein Power Goddess bowl, just to name one variation! (I’ll have to write that one down next time I make it!)

Happy Remembrance Day and Veterans Day to all of those who have and continue to serve to keep us free.

Angela Spicer November 11, 2011

I just came across your blog about 3 weeks ago from a friend who made me your veggie burgers. We doubled the batch and have had frozen patties for a couple weeks! Wow! My husband and I are new to veganism, and your website makes it easier and more exciting. This looks like an incredible list! I have you on my netvibes page; so, I’ll be seeing your 5:00 posts, too.

Nicole November 11, 2011

don’t forget your holiday soup! that stuff is AMAZING.

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 11, 2011

They all look so good!!! I feel like there aren’t enough meals to try everything I want! Haha and I hope my blog improves as much as yours!

Amy November 11, 2011

I am planning on making the butternut squash mac & cheese to take to a friendsgiving party next weekend. I can’t wait. :)

Also, i’ve been meaning to try the black bean and butternut squash burritos – thanks for the reminder!

Now, only to figure out which squash at the store is the butternut squash. :)

Jennifer November 11, 2011

Thanks for the list! After four years of being vegetarian, I actually just bought Tofurky slices for the first time, thanks to a store sale and a coupon that I’ve held on to since the consumption of my only Tofurky roast last Thanksgiving (acquired for free thanks to a store promotion). It’s…decent. Not something I’d ever pay full price for, but an easy way to add some bulk to lunches that usually just consist of salad and apples.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 11, 2011

I want to make ALL of these!!!! Especially that avocado pasta– I’ve been craving them like mad during my pregnancy!

Emilia @ Namaste Gurl November 11, 2011

You’re blog is amazing and one I look upon for creativity and yumminess quite often. Thank you so much, if I haven’t said so already. :) I already have a few of your festive recipes bookmarked for the holidays! :)

Jessica @ Chockohlawtay November 11, 2011

Darn, I was looking forward to the biscotti :( I guess I’ll have to stick with your 1,837,583 other amazing recipes :)

I definitely want to try your Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto! Along with your Pumpkin Butter and Avocado Pasta… mmmm! :)

My most popular post this fall was definitely my Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Shortbread Bars (a huge calorie bomb, but at least it’s healthy right?)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 11, 2011

That Protein Power Goddess bowl gave me an allergic reaction (because of the tahini), but it was so good that I still ate the leftovers the next day… and the next day after that. That big red rash on my arm? Totally worth it. ;)

Leslie November 11, 2011

I LOVE biscotti so I do hope you perfect the recipe :) I too look back at all the fake meat products I tried when I first became a vegetarian and now I shy away from them. It’s so much more fun and tasty to make meals out of real food. I won’t be eating any tofurkey for Thanksgiving this year, lol. I just made your GF almond buckwheat pizza crust again (for like the 3rd time) and I must say it’s one of my favorites. I bet it would make delicious crackers too! Maybe to dip in the mushroom millet soup you just posted.

Ellen Clifford November 11, 2011

It’s not the most autumnal thing but my cookie dough shake post has been pretty popular:
I’ll have to try your blizzard!

Brittany November 11, 2011

I think the peanut butter crunch blizzard should be on the dang list! its so unbelievable!!

Debbie November 11, 2011

I’m glad the Butternut Squash Mac n Cheeze made the top 10 because I made it last night and it was wonderful. Just sitting here now figuring out what to do with the rest of that roasted squash. ;-)

Mallory November 11, 2011

Where is the Double Chocolate Torte?? (:

Sara November 11, 2011

I agree! That one is amazing!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset November 11, 2011

I made the stew a few weekends ago from the honorable mentions list, and oh my was it a hit! Thanks for the great recipes as usual Angela :)

Cassie November 11, 2011

I love your blog Angela, and all your recipes. You are extremely talented!

I would like to let you know that saying “happy remembrance day” or “happy memorial day” i can be interpreted as quite inappropriate and offensive. It is a solemn day to mark the sacrifices of service personnel who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Although I’m sure you meant it with positive sentiment please consider that it is not a day for “celebration”, but for solemn reflection.

Best wishes
Cassie

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Hi Cassie, Thanks for your kind words about my blog!
I agree that it was a poor way to communicate what I was trying to say. Thanks for your feedback.

Page 1 of 212»