Top 10 Recipes This Fall

IMG_4323

So how do I put this nicely……..biscotti season is going to be slightly delayed.

Well, this is a bit awkward now isn’t it.

The biscotti recipe that we fell in love with and made twice already turned into a dry piece of junk when I attempted to make it for the third time last night. I think I may have over-mixed the batter, but I can’t be sure. It was also a full moon so obviously it was out of my hands!

A random flop is why I always test my baked good recipes at least twice, if not 3 times before posting them. I don’t want you to have a recipe bust in your own kitchen!

Now be warned, I didn’t practice a lot of recipe testing in the early stages of the blog. I have no idea what the hell I posted in 2008 and 2009. I assume Tofurkey may have been involved and possibly some scary green monsters.

img_4358

A main feature in many grocery shopping posts.

Also…may I just ask what this Tofurkey is doing in my salad?

img_1492

Apparently I enjoyed it with Wolf Blass Yellow Label? I guess it wasn’t so bad after all. :)

img-7540

More Tofurkey.

I’d say my vegan recipe creativity has improved slightly since 2009.

Anyways, what’s a girl to do when evil forces are at play in her kitchen? She reminds herself of the good days, of course! Here are the top 10 recipes from the Fall season so far. These are the most clicked & commented recipes since September 1st.

Let’s hope I haven’t already hit my peak and it’s downhill from here…

Top 10 Recipes This Fall

6) Butternut Squash Mac n Cheeze

IMG_2422_thumb

5) Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

IMG_3316

4) Happy Thanksgiving Homemade Pumpkin Butter

20101005IMG_8998_thumb

3) Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows thanks to Isa.

IMG_4115

2) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos

IMG_3732

[one of our all time favs!]

…and the number 1 recipe since September (and of all time) goes to:

1) 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta!

IMG_0200-3

Honourable mentions go to:

IMG_2210

I like the way you think.

I think we’d hit it off real well.

It’s now 5pm on a Friday and no one is reading this. Better late than never right?

1 Sara Grambusch November 11, 2011

The veggie burger and the bean and squash burrito are still at the top of my to-make-soon list! Take your time with the biscotti. That stuff is complicated.

2 AdrienneCarolyn November 11, 2011

Haha great post! I used to eat so much weird “meat substitute” junk years ago too! I have made most of the things in the top 10 list already…can’t wait to make more of that pumpkin butter..mmm…:-)

3 Karen Beth November 11, 2011

My top favorite (of your entire blog existence maybe) is the butternut mac and cheeze.
OH GOOD LORD.
It is so good. I will make it over and over and over.
Love that one.

4 Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes November 11, 2011

Can I come stay with you for the winter?? Your recipes look like pure heaven!!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Sure! I could use a hand around here… ;)

6 Ann November 11, 2011

The Protein Power Goddess Bowl is one of my favorite recipes of all time! I add in some goat or feta, which makes it non-vegan, but is delicious. I have sent this recipe to so many people, and everyone agrees the dressing is drink-worthy!

7 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

I’m glad I’m not the only one who drinks it…

8 jenna November 11, 2011

Well, since 5 pm, at least 5 of us have been reading :) How did you choose which recipes are at the top? Is it by hits? PS – We had a little snow here north of Toronto today!!

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Yea, I just checked the top hits in Google analytics by selecting Sept 1st- present day. :)

We got a bit of snow too! Although nothing stuck thankfully.

10 Christine @ The Brighter Side of Life November 11, 2011

My fave is the Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream. *sigh.* Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m going to have to make it again soon! I’ve brought it to a number of events and have been asked for the recipe every time!

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

That was high up on the list too!

12 Shawna November 11, 2011

Im surprised your nut butter crusted parsnip fries didn’t make the list. I have been eating them regularly for months…but they are PERFECT comfort food at this time of year. C’mon people- try them!

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

I think they are a forgotten recipe maybe? I always forget about them too, but I do love them so much!

14 Jessica November 11, 2011

Your 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta recipe rightly belongs at #1, at least in my opinion. My lactose-intolerant boyfriend almost wept the first time I made it for him. When avocados are ripe and on sale, it’s an every-other-day meal at our place. Who can argue with 15 minutes?

The most viewed recipe on my blog is Apple Brown Betty with Oats, an experiment I did when I had no flour or breadcrumbs in my cupboards and wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a birthday dessert (lactose-free, of course). http://shebakeshere.blogspot.com/2011/06/apple-brown-betty-with-oats.html

Don’t worry about the earlier posts, the fact that they are “scary” to you is what makes them fun to look back on and scratch your head at. :)

15 Lauren November 11, 2011

Oh my goodness, that photo of your rolled-up Tofurky in your salad made me laugh SO hard. Thanks for posting that — I needed a laugh!!!

P.S. Making Butternut Squash M&C again tonight! Love it.

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

haha what you don’t like my food styling? ;) It made me laugh too…

17 Lauren November 11, 2011

No, I love it! Totally what would be all over my food blog, if I had one! :)
Also how I ate your cinnamon sugar pumpkin spiced donuts straight from the cinnamon sugary paper bag!!!

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

heh :) I recall doing that too!

19 Lucy @ Porridge and Parsnips November 11, 2011

Yum, some great recipes you’ve made there! :)

You didn’t mention your pumpkin gingerbread smoothie though – I have made it so many times since you posted that recipe. Love it, my current favourite breakfast!

Keep up the good work!! :-D

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

I added it in because it was high up on the list too :)

21 Julie @ Shining From Within November 11, 2011

I read through all your old posts and you have evolved so much! I actually miss reading your day-to-day “life” posts… you should mix it up here and there! :)

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Thanks Julie, I will keep that in mind!

23 Amanda November 11, 2011

I really do love your creamy avocado pasta recipe. It’s so simple and healthy, but tastes so decadent! I just need to remember to not overdo it on the garlic in that one. Very potent!

My most popular recipe (as of the last month) would be my pumpkin spice donuts:

I could really go for one right now!

24 Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) November 11, 2011

I am totally going to make the homemade pumpkin butter and give it out as gifts this season. Thank you for the recipe!

25 Rachel November 11, 2011

I’m pretty sure your creamy avocado pasta is one of my all time favorite recipes too! I’ve made it countless times and love it every time. SO good. :)

26 Erica November 11, 2011

Yum, we readers have good taste!

On my blog, this cookie recipe (which happens to be vegan and gluten-free) has been most popular this fall: http://talesofa30somethingnothing2010.blogspot.com/2011/10/vegan-banana-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

27 Audrey November 11, 2011

I’m truly impressed that you test each recipe at least twice. That’s dedication!

28 Lisa November 11, 2011

aaagh! I needed this reminder! Nearly every item is on my “must make” list, and I still haven’t done it! I’m dying to try the mac and cheese, and pesto…must.do.it.

And I agree, your veggie burgers are still numero uno with me. They’ve changed my life, whoo hoo! ;0 Because of your blog, I can no longer stomach all of the “fake” meat products out there when I know I can makes things that taste soooo much better, not to mention, a lot healthier too! thanks!!

29 raechel @the rebel grrl kitchen November 11, 2011

Ah, biscotti bust! I bought matcha green tea powder months ago with the sole desire to recreate a vegan version of the green tea biscotti a local cafe serves. I still haven’t been brave enough to give it a shot!

I am deeply in love with your lightened protein salad (dressing especially!), and have been dying to make that black bean burrito.

Folks seem to like it simple over at the rebel grrl kitchen; the most popular post has been this 5-ingredient Pumpkin Chickpea Soup!: http://rebelgrrlkitchen.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/5-ingredient-creamy-pumpkin-chickpea-soup-with-spinach/

30 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 11, 2011

It’s ok Ange, we can wait for biscotti, because these other recipes are AMAZING!! One of my faves from this fall was the Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn Mix that I made (http://wp.me/p1Y0xO-2Io) which I’ll be happily sneaking into the movie theater with me tonight!! ;)

31 Laura November 11, 2011

I thought I’d say I have made a bunch of your recipes for my decidedly NON-vegan BF, and he always comments how good they are and he doesn’t miss the meat! Score! I don’t have to make two meals. Awesome.

32 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 11, 2011

everything looks delicious!! your all time most amazing recipe (in MY opinion) has to be the perfect veggie burgers. although i haven’t tried this avocado pasta…

33 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 11, 2011

I love that avocado creamy pasta recipe. Such a good one and so darn easy!
You just made me curious as to which is my most popular recipe so I checked and by a landslide it’s the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in this post: http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2011/09/pumpkin-pumpkin-everywhere/
Have a great weekend!

34 Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com November 11, 2011

My most popular recipe has got to be the Turkey, Kale & Bean soup – obviously made before I went vegetarian this week! ;)

What I love most about your recipes is that it makes it easy to improvise! I’ve made a Mexican Protein Power Goddess bowl, just to name one variation! (I’ll have to write that one down next time I make it!)

Happy Remembrance Day and Veterans Day to all of those who have and continue to serve to keep us free.

35 Angela Spicer November 11, 2011

I just came across your blog about 3 weeks ago from a friend who made me your veggie burgers. We doubled the batch and have had frozen patties for a couple weeks! Wow! My husband and I are new to veganism, and your website makes it easier and more exciting. This looks like an incredible list! I have you on my netvibes page; so, I’ll be seeing your 5:00 posts, too.

36 Nicole November 11, 2011

don’t forget your holiday soup! that stuff is AMAZING.

37 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 11, 2011

They all look so good!!! I feel like there aren’t enough meals to try everything I want! Haha and I hope my blog improves as much as yours!

38 Amy November 11, 2011

I am planning on making the butternut squash mac & cheese to take to a friendsgiving party next weekend. I can’t wait. :)

Also, i’ve been meaning to try the black bean and butternut squash burritos – thanks for the reminder!

Now, only to figure out which squash at the store is the butternut squash. :)

39 Jennifer November 11, 2011

Thanks for the list! After four years of being vegetarian, I actually just bought Tofurky slices for the first time, thanks to a store sale and a coupon that I’ve held on to since the consumption of my only Tofurky roast last Thanksgiving (acquired for free thanks to a store promotion). It’s…decent. Not something I’d ever pay full price for, but an easy way to add some bulk to lunches that usually just consist of salad and apples.

40 Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 11, 2011

I want to make ALL of these!!!! Especially that avocado pasta– I’ve been craving them like mad during my pregnancy!

41 Emilia @ Namaste Gurl November 11, 2011

You’re blog is amazing and one I look upon for creativity and yumminess quite often. Thank you so much, if I haven’t said so already. :) I already have a few of your festive recipes bookmarked for the holidays! :)

42 Jessica @ Chockohlawtay November 11, 2011

Darn, I was looking forward to the biscotti :( I guess I’ll have to stick with your 1,837,583 other amazing recipes :)

I definitely want to try your Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto! Along with your Pumpkin Butter and Avocado Pasta… mmmm! :)

My most popular post this fall was definitely my Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Shortbread Bars (a huge calorie bomb, but at least it’s healthy right?)

43 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 11, 2011

That Protein Power Goddess bowl gave me an allergic reaction (because of the tahini), but it was so good that I still ate the leftovers the next day… and the next day after that. That big red rash on my arm? Totally worth it. ;)

44 Leslie November 11, 2011

I LOVE biscotti so I do hope you perfect the recipe :) I too look back at all the fake meat products I tried when I first became a vegetarian and now I shy away from them. It’s so much more fun and tasty to make meals out of real food. I won’t be eating any tofurkey for Thanksgiving this year, lol. I just made your GF almond buckwheat pizza crust again (for like the 3rd time) and I must say it’s one of my favorites. I bet it would make delicious crackers too! Maybe to dip in the mushroom millet soup you just posted.

45 Ellen Clifford November 11, 2011

It’s not the most autumnal thing but my cookie dough shake post has been pretty popular:
I’ll have to try your blizzard!

46 Brittany November 11, 2011

I think the peanut butter crunch blizzard should be on the dang list! its so unbelievable!!

47 Debbie November 11, 2011

I’m glad the Butternut Squash Mac n Cheeze made the top 10 because I made it last night and it was wonderful. Just sitting here now figuring out what to do with the rest of that roasted squash. ;-)

48 Mallory November 11, 2011

Where is the Double Chocolate Torte?? (:

49 Sara November 11, 2011

I agree! That one is amazing!

50 Tessa @ Amazing Asset November 11, 2011

I made the stew a few weekends ago from the honorable mentions list, and oh my was it a hit! Thanks for the great recipes as usual Angela :)

51 Cassie November 11, 2011

I love your blog Angela, and all your recipes. You are extremely talented!

I would like to let you know that saying “happy remembrance day” or “happy memorial day” i can be interpreted as quite inappropriate and offensive. It is a solemn day to mark the sacrifices of service personnel who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Although I’m sure you meant it with positive sentiment please consider that it is not a day for “celebration”, but for solemn reflection.

Best wishes
Cassie

52 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2011

Hi Cassie, Thanks for your kind words about my blog!
I agree that it was a poor way to communicate what I was trying to say. Thanks for your feedback.

53 Caroline @ Out of Liney November 11, 2011

Such a great summary! I took the plunge and went vegan… yesterday (!) so this is bookmarked as a key reference page

54 Sierra November 12, 2011

Yay! Go Caroline! It’s not as hard as everyone thinks it will be….just think of all that you can eat! I definitely have broadened my culinary horizons since I did. :)

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Congrats!

56 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 11, 2011

This is impressive, appreciated, and wow, can I come help with your leftovers:
“I always test my baked good recipes at least twice, if not 3 times before posting them. I don’t want you to have a recipe bust in your own kitchen! ” <— thank you!

I wish I knew which recipes of mine were viewed the most on my site…somehow I need to dig deeper into my WP stats or my google analytics b/c for now, it's only a guesstimate.

Every thing you made looks amazing…and yes, we all grow as bloggers and evolve as people. As bloggers there just happens to be a record of it all for the whole world and all our nearest and dearest friends to read all about our previous adventures :)

57 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 11, 2011

These “list” posts are my favorite – so many great ideas!!!

58 Lynda @ Healthy Hoboken Girl November 11, 2011

Thank you for all your beautiful posts…you are one of the first blogs I read daily!

I just ordered the Vegan Cookie Cookbook, you mentioned with the chocolate peanut butter pillows…I’m dying to make them, and her whole wheat fig bars. They both look wonderful. I host an annual holiday cookie exchange, so I’m testing out ideas!

Thanks for all your inspiration…enjoy the full moon and the weekend!

59 Gypsy November 11, 2011

How come I can’t access your salt-kissed pb chocolate chip cookie recipe anymore? There’s a link that leads to the post, but no recipe. It’s such a good one!

60 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Hey Gypsy! I removed that recipe after trying it out again and not being very happy with it. Sorry about that!

61 Alexander November 11, 2011

Alright, I’m asking you this here because the protein power goddess bowl recipe’s comments are closed.
I got offered a job as a supplementary instructor at my college next semester which is great but I wouldn’t be able to eat from 11:00am when I arrived at my math class until 3:00pm when I got home because I only have about 5 minutes (that would be spent getting from the math class to the anthropology classroom) between the end of class and the beginning of work. That is huge because I normally eat every two and a half hours or so if I can. I was looking for recipes that will hold me over for long enough so I can see what I like and figure out how to make stuff in case I get the job.
So, this might be a dumb question but, protein is the stuff that gives you energy for a while right? So you’d want to eat it if you knew you wouldn’t be getting to eat anything for a while?

62 Jessy (squeezetheday) November 12, 2011

I hope you don’t mind butting me in – yes, the protein (and fat!) takes longer to digest, so they keep your hunger away longer. You could also eat some nuts during those 5 min breaks.

63 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Hey Alexander, I find a nice balance of protein, fat, and whole grain carbs works the best for me when I have to go long period without food. I would probably have a bit more protein than usual too. The goddess bowl would work great, and I’d probably add some whole grain bread and fruit to the meal.
Also is it possible to bring along an energy bar to class? I used to do that for my 3 hour classes when I had to leave for work right after. Goodluck!

64 Kait November 11, 2011

1) I’m hungry again!
2) Your green monster post led to your “A Year Can Change a Lot” series and I found myself crying. I’m basically there right now except I listened to my gut when it came to schools (I turned down the only 1 of 21 med schools that accepted me because I knew I would be miserable there). Otherwise though, I feel you: I no longer take pleasure out of my (psych research) job due to a LOT of the reasons you mentioned (*coughmassagingdatacough*) and I am in the process of starting my own business. I so SO wish you lived in the States so I could pick your brain about the latter because there’s no $$$ to hire a lawyer and most of my mentors are already “there.” Thank you, as always, for your honesty and willingness to share the good, the bad, and the ugly. <3

65 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Hey Kait, I’m sorry to hear about your career struggles! Keep the faith & you will figure it out. It may not be as quickly as you’d like to, but the fact that you are questioning what will make you happy tells me that you WILL find it.

66 Alexander November 12, 2011

Darn! I was going to ask you this when I commented earlier but I forgot. That avocado pasta? Does it taste avocado-y? Because I don’t like avocados.

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Yea I would say it does taste fairly avocado-y :)

68 Azra November 12, 2011

Hi Angela,
As always I loved your post, you are just so talented. Yesterday I made your vegan brownies and they were definitely a success. My next challenge are your chocolate chip cookies. However I cannot find Earth balance here (I currently live in Jerusalem) and I was wondering if I could substitute it with something else. I am not vegan, but I do try to avoid dairy products. Thanks!

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Hey Azra, I have seen a couple dairy-free butter replacers on the shelves- I believe Becel makes a vegan one now. I would check the labels of things to see if maybe there is one that is “vegan by mistake”. Aside from that, I would say you’d have to use a light tasting oil instead of the butter. The outcome will be crispier though and you’d likely have to reduce the oil since it’s so liquid-y.

70 Amber Lynn November 12, 2011

I just read the blog article you linked to about green monsters and it made me think of something that I thought to ask you.

Do you ever put fat in them? I often make smoothies with fresh spinach and fruit, and now I include either an avocado or a decent amount of coconut (milk or oil works). Some vitamins in fruits and veggies are fat-soluble. If not eaten with fats, you miss out on the nutrients. I started doing that and lately I feel a lot better, like I’m getting more from them. I stick to monounsaturated and saturated fats as polyunsaturated omega-6 fats are inflammatory.

Vitamin K, which is best gotten from eating leafy greens, is fat-soluble. So, even when I’m eating salad, I try to make sure it’s at least tossed with olive oil or something. My hair and nails seem to be better for it. I’ve always taken a vitamin D supplement but never felt like I benefited from it until now that combine it with a full avocado each day :D

I just wanted to share that little energizing bit of information if you didn’t already know it :D

71 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Hey Amber, Does nut butter count? I usually add a tbsp of it to my “classic” green monsters. I have had frozen avocado before and it was quite good! Thanks for the reminder :)

72 Amber Lynn November 12, 2011

Oh yes! Nut butter is loaded with fat. My favourite nut butter to add to green smoothies is macadamia as it seems pretty flavourless. Also, it has almost no omega 6 in it! I use almond butter occasionally, too :D

73 Char @ www.charskitchen.ca November 12, 2011

haha, I’ve made 4 out of 10 of your most popular recipes…some of them multiple times! My boyfriend and I both love everything I make from your blog.

Sometimes I think back to old posts & shudder…lol. I debate deleting them, but it doesn’t seem authentic. It’s who I was and what I enjoyed then, and I’ve found new tastes to enjoy now :)

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Yea that’s how I see it too!

75 Katrina November 12, 2011

Sooo many yummy recipes! Great round up!

76 LizAshlee November 12, 2011

Yum…all of the photos look so wonderful…how to choose…I guess we’ll start by meals..I’ll go with the smoothie first! :)

77 Kristie Clark November 12, 2011

I love your site! what kind of blender do you use? What tools do you have that you feel you could not live without?

78 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

I use a Vitamix :)
I also read in consumer reports that the $40 Oster blender was rated #2, so that is a good option if you dont want a vitamix.

My most used kitchen tools are found in this post :) http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/10/my-most-used-kitchen-tools/

79 Alex November 12, 2011

Great choices! A question about the chcoc chip cookie…..have u ever tried any GF flours or coconut oil instead of the butter?

80 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Hey Alex, I actually happen to have a GF cookie recipe based off of that one :)

enjoy!

81 Heather November 12, 2011

“Let’s hope I haven’t already hit my peak and it’s downhill from here…”

I HIGHLY DOUBT THIS IS TRUE. As in, it’s not true. You’re amazing. :-)

82 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 12, 2011

All of them are fab :D

83 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 12, 2011

I love your round up! Everything looks so good, but I have my eye on the Pumpkin Gingerbread smoothie!! That sounds like a good breakfast!!!

84 Ashleigh @ www.simplehonestreal.com November 12, 2011

Everything you make is so impressive! I want to make every single recipe!

85 Andrea @ Vegvacious November 12, 2011

I like the way you think! I have made most of the recipes off your list and they are amazing! You are the absolute best when it comes to vegan comfort food :-D

86 Jessy (squeezetheday) November 12, 2011

That Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto looks super delicious! Is it important to use roma tomatoes or would any type of tomatoes do?

87 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

I haven’t tried it with other types, but I assume most would work. Each variety would change the flavour slightly of course.

88 Moni'sMeals November 12, 2011

I would be SOOOO happy with any of these dishes AND your so-called dry,crumbly biscotti!

Send it my way Angela!

Have a great day!

89 Kelly November 12, 2011

Yay! :) I love your recipes! When they are all in the same place like this I love them even more :) I actually have a binder in the kitchen with all my printed recipes from your blog. My husband asked me the other day why I won’t just buy your cookbook!
Ahem…poke, poke ;)

90 Melissa November 12, 2011

I have a binder too!!!! Let’s keep our fingers crossed that we have cookbook next year!!

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

haha that’s cute! I wish I was that organized….I stuff all my printed recipes into the drawers in my kitchen. It looks like a bomb went off!

92 Eat Hike Sleep Repeat November 12, 2011

Your Goddess Bowl is just the bomb. I make it often. I make it for everyone who comes to dinner. I make double batches so I have leftovers. I make the dressing and put it on everything. Yes, I’m obsessed with this recipe :)

93 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

I’m happy to hear that! Do you make the lightened up version or the original?

94 Melissa November 12, 2011

I make (bake?) the chocolate chip cookies at least once a week. Ok, twice a week. I think I am living on them. I think I need cookie detox!!!! And the Butternut Squash Mac n’ Cheese is to die for (along with everything else!)!!!!! I am have been obsessing over your vegan gravy for the last 2 days……I think I need to make some to keep in the fridge for the week :)

95 hippierunner November 12, 2011

Your chocolate chip cookies are the best ever! Everyone lovessss it when I bake those! Thank you for a non-muffiny vegan cookie! :)

96 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

Thanks for your feedback! It only took me….2 years to come up with a non muffiny vegan cookie lol

97 Emily @ The Divine Carrot November 12, 2011

I vote for the detox salad – YUM! That’s been my favorite of your recipes!!

98 Carolina November 12, 2011

Yum! I especially loved the roasted tomAto, onion and garlic soup…I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen and using my boyfriend as my little lab rat, and when I made this soup he just said…ok. Now you’ve outdone yourself, this is too much! Lol! I made sure to give all credits to Angela though, of course ;)
Angela, I want to make the pumpkin butter, but I’m wondering if other types of sweeteners would work, rather than sugar… Like maple syrup or agave. What do you think?

99 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 12, 2011

I like to use Sucanat in replacement of sugar and it works great. I haven’t tried using a liquid sweetener. I’m not sure if it would make it too liquidy or if it would cook down? I wonder if there is a recipe online using maple syrup or agave. It might be worth checking out to see if anyone else has done it!

100 Ricki November 13, 2011

I did a pumpkin butter a couple of years ago with agave (recipe on my blog), so I can attest that it works. :) I loved your trip down tofurkey lane, too! I always shudder when I look at my early blog posts. I’m happy to say I’ve already tried many of these recipes (I loved the avo spaghetti, like everyone else). Looking forward to the day when I can eat those cookies again!

101 Rebecca November 12, 2011

Pumpkin smoothies are amazing! I really want to make my own pumpkin butter this year. Just need to find the time and motivation, could your pumpkin butter recipe be made in the crockpot?

102 Karri November 12, 2011

Thank you for graduating from Tofurkey (yuck)!
Your black bean squash burritos are ahhhh-mazing. My kids gobbled them up and my husband had several :) I cannot wait to make more of your recipes! (i’ve made several already and we’ve loved all!!!)

103 Anna @ The Guiltless Life November 12, 2011

I’m reading! And I have your butternut squash mac’n’cheeze on my meals list for this month! I’m trying out gluten-free for a month so I can’t wait to give this a go.

Also I made your roasted tomato basil pesto and it was yummmm! I love biscotti – I make mine with agave so over time it isn’t quite as crunchy but it’s still super good. Any chance you’ll post a gluten-free version? I’d love to try that out during my gluten-free experiment!

104 kristen November 12, 2011

Thanks for the recipes! I have been vegetarian for over 15 years, and have been trying to incorporate more vegan food. A few of these look so good, I must try!!

105 Carly November 13, 2011

I can’t wait to try the 15 minute avocado pasta! i’ve been eyeing it for a long time and i definitely need to make it this week.

thanks as always for such wonderful posts

106 Carly November 13, 2011

oops i meant to add such wonderful posts & recipes!

107 Michaela November 13, 2011

ur husband is soooooo lucky!!
I love all ur recipes!

108 Ann-Mari November 13, 2011

Wow! These pictures are amazing and so inspirational. I really want to make biscotti! Does it work with pistachios? The peanut butter pillows look amazing :)

109 Emma (Emma+Jacob) November 14, 2011

I am seriously in love with the Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl! It has become one of my staple dishes here at home, especially when I need something in a hurry – I make a big batch good for a couple of days and I’m good to go! Thank you for this!

Awww we don’t have tofurkey here!

110 Cindy Robinson November 14, 2011

I’m so glad to see the Creamy Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup made it in the honorable mentions. I loved this soup, and plan on making it again this week. I’ve got a huge loaf of focaccia that will make fantastic croutons!

111 Lea November 14, 2011

As an avocado lover, and with all the comments about the 15 minute avocado pasta ( I went back to your original post, I had to try it. OMG!! who needs alfredo??!!. I also wanted to mention the I put some in the fridge for the next day and it tasted just fine and I also put some in the freezer for another day. That day will come soon…
Thanx again for another keeper, Angela

112 Lea November 15, 2011

Hi again Angela,

Took the leftover avocado pasta out of the freezer last night for supper. It was great!!

113 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 15, 2011

Oh that’s good to know it freezes ok. Did you just freeze the sauce?