Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

IMG 3310 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

A Long Weekend Hangover (LWH): describes the sum of unpleasant physiological and psychological effects following a holiday long weekend, such as Thanksgiving. The LWH is especially hard to recover from if you were drinking red wine like juice, eating Pumpkin Pie Brownies like vegetables, and singing Moves Like Jagger 14 times during a 3 hour drive.

Hangover symptoms may persist for several days after pumpkin pie was last consumed. Scratchy Throat Syndrome (otherwise known as singing Moves Like Jagger 14 times), may require strange green drinks for relief.

IMG 2718 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

Repeat as necessary.

IMG 3270 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

The Long Weekend Hangover may also be present in animals, most notably the cantankerous feline species. Hibernation under dining room tables may result for up to 72 hours. Cat treats, when left on the chair but not hand fed, are encouraged if not essential for total recuperation. Do not disturb feline or Stink Eye may occur.

IMG 3262 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

For complete recovery from LWH, ingesting pumpkin first thing in the morning is necessary or withdrawal symptoms may persist.

Recommended Dosage: Pumpkin Gingerbread in smoothie form until symptoms dissipate or until the next long weekend, whichever comes first.

IMG 3316 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

IMG 3316 2 thumb   Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

Prognosis…improved and likely to recover.

Jonathan October 15, 2011

Yes, yes, YES! That would be my internal monologue while drinking/savoring this. Thank you for your advice on soaking the seeds and oats. Definitely giving that a whirl today (no pun intended). :)

Jen {The Wholehearted Life} October 17, 2011

I think I’ve already commented once before on this post but I’m enjoying a pumpkin gingerbread smoothie right this minute and oh my stars….super delicious….I love the addition of the molasses….thank you!!!!!!

Cristina Ione Lopez October 17, 2011

so good!

It's Carmen October 19, 2011

Oh my word. I wish I could eat this right now. I love anything with pumpkin!

Tanya @ theskyandback October 19, 2011

This was INSANELY good. I drank one for breakfast this morning. Tasty and super filling.

Laura October 20, 2011

I’ve been making this all week as an oatmeal! (well monday was smoothie form). It’s helping me get back on track to healthy eating, and mmm is it delish and filling in the now chilly mornings!

Elesha @ Skinnyfat Girls October 24, 2011

Pretty much anything with pumpkin is going to make me drool over it. We at Skinnyfat have gotten into the spirit with chocolate chunk pumpkin bars and pumpkin brownies. I think I’m going to make this next because it looks and sounds fantastic!

Dallas Spiecker November 18, 2011

Hi,

I am allergic to bananas and I believe most (if not all) of the shakes have banana in them. Any ideas of what I can do to replace the banana? There is just nothing like a banana and leaving it out just doesn’t do the trick!

Dallas

Jessica November 20, 2011

Your cat is gorgeous! And the pumpkin smoothie looks divine. Overall, this blog post gave me many smiles on a cold Sunday morning. So, thank you.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 20, 2011

I’m glad to hear that!

stephanie February 2, 2013

This looks delicious. What is the crunchy stuff on top of the smoothie?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 3, 2013

I think if my memory serves me correctly it was a crumbled ginger cookies (recipe is on my blog somewhere)

Kristiana February 18, 2013

Made this tonight and LOVED it !!!!!

Meredith March 25, 2013

This was my breakfast yesterday – sooo yummy! Definitely making it again this week with the leftover pumpkin I have in my fridge :)

Tanya October 31, 2013

I made this like it was going out of style back when you posted it in 2011. Then I got pregnant and got too lazy to cook much, then I had a baby and really stopped cooking almost altogether. But I’m happy to say that I’m back to making this after an almost two-year hiatus. My little girl is now 15 months old and she loves this smoothie, too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 31, 2013

Congrats on your baby! (Or are they called toddlers after 1 year – I’m clueless hah). So glad you both enjoy the smoothie :)

Dev December 16, 2013

Hi Angela,

I have to say… I truly did not enjoy this recipe. I’m usually a big fan of your recipes (and smoothies in general) but the consistency here was just subpar. The chia seeds didn’t expand and tasted like toes. But keep up the good work! I loved your pumpkin mac’n cheeze sauce as well as your butternut squash mac’n cheeze sauce.

Love,