Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 12, 2011

IMG_3310

A Long Weekend Hangover (LWH): describes the sum of unpleasant physiological and psychological effects following a holiday long weekend, such as Thanksgiving. The LWH is especially hard to recover from if you were drinking red wine like juice, eating Pumpkin Pie Brownies like vegetables, and singing Moves Like Jagger 14 times during a 3 hour drive.

Hangover symptoms may persist for several days after pumpkin pie was last consumed. Scratchy Throat Syndrome (otherwise known as singing Moves Like Jagger 14 times), may require strange green drinks for relief.

IMG_2718

Repeat as necessary.

IMG_3270

The Long Weekend Hangover may also be present in animals, most notably the cantankerous feline species. Hibernation under dining room tables may result for up to 72 hours. Cat treats, when left on the chair but not hand fed, are encouraged if not essential for total recuperation. Do not disturb feline or Stink Eye may occur.

IMG_3262

For complete recovery from LWH, ingesting pumpkin first thing in the morning is necessary or withdrawal symptoms may persist.

Recommended Dosage: Pumpkin Gingerbread in smoothie form until symptoms dissipate or until the next long weekend, whichever comes first.

IMG_3316

IMG_3316-2

Prognosis…improved and likely to recover.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 12, 2011 at 9:14 am

I totally get that. I also love your cat’s markings, s/he’s like a tiny little cheetah!

Cait's Plate October 12, 2011 at 9:15 am

Those are just two of the best flavor combinations ever. I can only imagine how good that tastes. And I LOVE the Sketchy “stink eye” hahaha – that’s so great.

Linda` October 12, 2011 at 9:16 am

Holy gees this looks delicious! Isn’t pumpkin pie better warm though?

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) October 12, 2011 at 9:17 am

i really should start adding molasses to my pumpkin smoothies! such a good idea. sounds like you had an awesome weekend. sometimes hangovers are worth it!

Ashley October 12, 2011 at 9:20 am

This looks amazing! I’ve been craving everything pumpkin lately, so I will definitely be trying this one!

Diane October 12, 2011 at 9:27 am

This looks great! I will making it tomorrow for breakfast!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

Yummmmmm! This sounds awesome and I love the addition of molasses to deepen the flavour! I think I’m about as tired of Moves Like Jagger as you are! :)

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) October 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

ha ha ha ha, scratchy throat from singing Moves like Jagger. That was a great line! Yummy smoothie. Perhaps tomorrow morning I will enjoy this!

JenATX October 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

I hope your recovery is swift & strong! I’ve felt this way many a time after a nice long weekend :)

shannon October 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

I can’t wait to make this smoothie tomorrow morning! Also that cat is so beautiful.

AGS October 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

Hilarious. I think this smoothie looks like the perfect foray into the Fall/Pumpkin squash season!

In other news, thought you’d enjoy this: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/01/breaking-bread-everywhere-plentifully-or-pitifully/

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 11:52 am

That’s really interesting, thanks for sharing!

Justine November 20, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Soooo good! I made it for everyone in my family and it was a hit! I’m going to add a scoop of pea protein next time and have it for breakfast!
Thanks Angela!

DG October 12, 2011 at 9:33 am

If you could not have banana, what would you do, just leave it out or substitute it with something else? And if the latter, what would you recommend?

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 12, 2011 at 9:33 am

Looks delicious! I did something similar a couple of weeks ago and topped it off with a bit of coconut whipped cream. mm-mm. I can relate to the LWH, my gosh it’s hard to get back into the swing of things.
I ended up making the pumpkin pie we were talking about last week AND included avocado! I was so nervous putting it in the processor, but I did it anyways and it turned out perfectly, mind you it is no bake. Just posted the recipe today, if you’re interested: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2011/10/no-bake-pumpkin-tarts/

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm

wow you are a genius girlfriend!!!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit October 12, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I don’t know about genius… Or, maybe I’m tiptoeing between genius and insane. The verdict is still out on that one :P Next step is to try it with a baked pumpkin pie like you did… eak! Hope you’re having a fantastic day :)

Jen {The Wholehearted Life} October 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

Hate, hate, hate those LWH!!!!! I’m actually coming off a 4 month bender so I feel you!

And oh my goodness does this look amazing! My Vitamix has been feeling a wee bit neglected lately and this may be just the cure….

Piotr November 16, 2012 at 7:59 am

We enjoy the cider mill too. This year we drove the motorcycle and didn’t have room for a lot of stuff to bring home. I think we got a quart of cider lol and any dotuns we got were basically crumbs :) Still a fun day

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen October 12, 2011 at 9:38 am

Wait – so pumpkin pie brownies AREN’T a vegetable? Smoothie looks delicious! It’s still too warm in CA for me to hop on the fall baking bandwagon – it’s so disappointing! I’m ready for sweaters and scarves and spiced apples.

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes October 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

I need one! It’s a cold, rainy morning where I’m at, and this smoothie looks like the warmest, happiest thing right now! Can’t wait to try it. :)

Kate October 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

sketchie is seriously so adorable it makes me want a kitten!! & the smoothie looks amazing I love pumpkin + gingerbread!

Krystina (Organically Me) October 12, 2011 at 9:40 am

Haha, my cat gives me the stink eye often. It’s just…adorable.

Jackie @ That Deep Breath October 12, 2011 at 9:42 am

Aww adorable pictures!! This smoothie looks amazing!

Estela @ Weekly Bite October 12, 2011 at 9:44 am

Looks like the perfect Fall smoothie! :)

Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) October 12, 2011 at 9:45 am

Wish you had posted this yesterday so it could have made my epic mile long vegan recipe round up! However, combining the two quintessential holiday flavors in smoothie form is puer genious … and pure yumness. Thanks Ang!

Carolyn @ HealthKitten.com October 12, 2011 at 9:45 am

Having three cats of my own, I’m used to the Stink Eye! My Roxy is an expert: Flickr photo. :)

I think I must be the only person who hasn’t heard that “Moves Like Jagger” song! The curse of listening to too much Pandora and Spotify custom playlists (I’m on a Ben Folds kick now), I suppose. Also, that smoothie looks delicious! Makes me wish I was home instead of at work… :(

Ashley October 12, 2011 at 9:45 am

Pumpkin pie smoothies are seriously one of the best! They’re so thick and creamy. Have you ever tried using butternut squash? Tastes even better!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate October 12, 2011 at 9:46 am

I am LOVING all of the pumpkin smoothies that are popping up on the blog world today…yum!!

Amy @ The Whole Sweet Scoop October 12, 2011 at 9:47 am

YUM! Making this as soon as I get home tonight. Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie for dinner it is!

Coco October 12, 2011 at 9:49 am

Love your new blog header–so festive for fall!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 10:01 am

Thanks Coco!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 12, 2011 at 9:50 am

1) Your cat is stunning!
2) You said stink eye…I thought it was only us and Hawaiians that used that term! :-)
3) I literally twitched with excitement seeing the title of the post. Yep, I’m makin’ this bad boy!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 10:01 am

Sketchie says thank you! And then gives you the stink eye for good measure.

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy October 12, 2011 at 9:50 am

This sounds delicious! I love the added molasses into the smoothie!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 12, 2011 at 9:50 am

I just made a pumpkin pie smoothie yesterday, might have to switch it up a bit and try this today! PS-I’m not even a “cat person” but, I think Sketchy is gorgeous, stink eye and all ;)

Leah Dupasquier October 12, 2011 at 9:57 am

Angela – where do you buy your straws? Looks like another great smootie!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

It’s from Glass D’harma :)

Sue October 12, 2011 at 10:00 am

Re: “Moves like Jagger”/ Cats with attitudes

Arguing with my cat this morning. He insists the words are “moves like jaguar”! Pulled up the lyrics on my computer to prove him wrong, and he says “I can’t read the screen without my glasses, and unfortunately my glasses are broken”. I’m thinking someone is just a sore loser.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

haha :) I think Sketchie would agree

Michelle October 12, 2011 at 10:01 am

cannot wait to try this- move over green monster there is a new sherrif in town!

brandi October 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

this sounds so good!

dana @ my little celebration October 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

Oh yum! This sounds fantastic! I have been having smoothies once a day recently so I’ll have to work this into my options. Thanks!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} October 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

I love the addition of blackstrap molasses! Gotta try this.

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove October 12, 2011 at 10:11 am

Not a pumpkin fan but I love that this just screams “Fall!”. It makes me so excited for cooler weather.

[email protected] KatieDid October 12, 2011 at 10:13 am

MAn I could have used this on Monday… or everyday of this past weekend. Roommate’s 21st birthday last week= 4 days of parties. My hangover cure was 15 mugs of hot chocolate and some fresh air :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 11:50 am

That will do it too ;)

Kate October 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

Yummy!

justine October 12, 2011 at 10:17 am

angela, do you have a preference for the type of pumpkin/winter squash you use in this?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 11:50 am

I just used organic canned pumpkin in this smoothie :) I’m sure many types would work though!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 12, 2011 at 10:20 am

I’m a with you on the hangover. Except mine is a long vacation hangover. 2 weeks in Italy and my body is so tired and confused it doesn’t know which way is up! Lots of green smoothies, for sure! My latest was with butternut squash – Delish!

steph October 12, 2011 at 10:21 am

very cute post! super creative.

Amanda October 12, 2011 at 10:34 am

I had a serious case of LWH yesterday. haha

I just recently bought some molasses for a pumpkin spice cake (which my family promptly devoured) and have been looking for other ways to incorporate it. This smoothie sounds like a great use for it!

kathleen @ the daily crumb October 12, 2011 at 10:38 am

looks so yummy, angela! love the addition of gingerbread. a perfect fall recipe!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 12, 2011 at 10:39 am

Perfect fall drink!! I love the colour :)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City October 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

wow such a cute kitty! i ate so much for Canadian thanksgiving this past weekend, i must clean up my act over the next few weeks! cutting sugar, upping the greens and water!

glad you had a nice long weekend. ps- that is one cute kitty!!

[email protected] October 12, 2011 at 10:45 am

Pumpkin AND gingerbread? I love it. I’ll definitely be pulling this out of my hat after Thanksgiving in the U.S.!

Amber K October 12, 2011 at 11:00 am

That looks delicious! And seriously, why do they play Moves Like Jagger seemingly every 15 seconds? ;)

Suzanne Williams October 12, 2011 at 11:03 am

Seriously can’t get that song out of my head and when I finally do, the radio plays it and starts the process all over again.
Looks delicious and is just perfect for fall. Great recipe!
Suzanne

Natalie October 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

Mmmmm can’t wait to try this one, where did you get your big straw? I find it very hard to drink my smoothies from a small stray but prefer a straw to just drinking from the cup.
Thanks

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 11:49 am

It’s from Glass D’harma :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite October 12, 2011 at 11:07 am

this combines the best of both worlds…fall (pumpkin) and winter (gingerbread)! Love it!

Heather (heathers dish) October 12, 2011 at 11:10 am

I’m 100% drooling…I need this ASAP!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen October 12, 2011 at 11:11 am

This looks so delicious and healthy. I love the chia seeds!

bitt October 12, 2011 at 11:26 am

Are you still doing the no-gluten thing? If so you want to be sure to get gluten-free oats. Just saying because a there’s a lot of misinformation about there about oats being gluten-free, but unless they are certified, they can have gluten from cross-contamination. So be careful!

Destini October 12, 2011 at 11:43 am

This post made me chuckle! I also feel the LWH and this solution seems very desirable :)

Jess October 12, 2011 at 11:44 am

Mm I love pumpkin smoothies, especially with oats in them. This one sounds delicious!

[email protected] Flying ONION October 12, 2011 at 11:52 am

Oh gosh. This looks so heavenly. :D

And I just read your post on Thanksgiving ideas. Talk about perfect timing, as I’m just starting to put together a menu. :D

AllieNic @ Frisky Lemon October 12, 2011 at 11:58 am

YUM. Is all I have to say to this.

I can’t wait to put pumpkin in my next smoothie! I’ve yet to have pumpkin ANYTHING this fall…the time has come…Thanks for sharing!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life October 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Your kitty is so adorable! We can learn so much from watching cats relax, I think :).

Andrea @ Vegvacious October 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Hahaha — I think I had a case of the LWH too! Usually my husband swears by the strangely sticky & sweet orange drink from McDonalds as his “cure all” (this stems back from some long ago college nights) but I’m thinking this smoothie would definitely be a better choice (for me anyways LOL)!

Alexis @ hummusapien October 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I am OBSESSED with your pumpkin recipes! funny story…my friend just texted me saying she wanted to tell me about this one oh she glows butternut squash vegan mac and cheese recipe….little did she know I already made it last week :) DELISH

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm

LOL…too funny!! You don’t mess around, eh? ;)

I made a pumpkin version tonight and it was awesome. Next time I might try adding sage or cinnamon to it too.

Claire October 12, 2011 at 9:17 pm

OOOOOH!! You just inspired me to make your squash vegan mac & cheeze this week using pumpkin instead of butternut squash, can’t wait!! I am also loving your recipes … I can’t have ANY kind of dairy because of allergies and love vegan recipes … I’m about 60% vegan I think. Thank you very much for sharing your story, very inspiring!!, and the FOOD!!! It’s hard to get my husband to like non-dairy food, but your blog has helped so much!! He absolutely loves the Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream … he couldn’t even tell it was vegan, that’s a feat unto itself!!! Thank you so much!!

I’m definitely going to try this smoothie tomorrow. Also, was wondering which green monster is in the picture above, it looks thicker than the other green monster recipes you’ve posted and was wondering what the recipe is because it looks delectable!! Please share.

Thanks!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm

:) Glad to hear that!!

I think I used less almond milk and protein powder. I will be posting about my protein powder that I use soon :) I just made a great pumpkin pudding with it!

Claire October 16, 2011 at 5:57 pm

LOVED the pumpkin gingerbread smoothie (although it wasn’t nearly as vibrant and orange as yours looks, what’s your secret to making things look so yummy?!?!) … oh, and totally LOVE the pumpkin pie smoothie. I’m definitely going to try your green monster recipe soon, I’ve made others in the past and really haven’t enjoyed them, but I’m willing to take the leap!! ;)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie October 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm

That looks amazing! I’m totally going to make this for Thanksgiving. My fam is huge with the pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice foods.

Ashleigh October 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

That smoothies looks so delicious! I must try immediately.

Vanessa October 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

wow i am making this first thing tomorrow morning. =)

Anastasia October 12, 2011 at 12:42 pm

This looks so ridiculously delicious. I need to get to the farmer’s market to buy a pumpkin ASAP! I am going to try this tomorrow for breakfast :I am pretty sure the kids would go nuts over this.

Jenna October 12, 2011 at 12:49 pm

That’s my breakfast just about every day since August :) Minus the oats and plus spinach!

What happened to something that starts with B and is crunchy??

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm

heh busted…well that pumpkin biscotti didn’t quite turn out! It held together fine and was good the night of, but it got soft by morning. I think the pumpkin had too much moisture in it…

Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life October 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm

This sounds delicious and has almost all the same ingredients as the pumpkin bread I just baked! Yum! I can only imagine how good it tastes!

Jordan October 12, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I have been reading your blog for a little while now (and I absolutely love it!!) seriously though, don’t tell anyone but your blog is definately my favorite. shhh.
This post literally made me laugh out loud! and that smoothie looks delicious. By the way, I made your basic cheese sauce the other day. ohhh myyy wooorddd. so good. you have brought cheezy goodness back into this lactose intolerant girls life. and I am eternally grateful.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Hey Jordan, I’m happy you enjoyed the sauce!! I think I’m making a pumpkin version tonight :) Mmm. Thanks for your kind words about the blog!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 12, 2011 at 1:12 pm

This literally sounds like heaven!!

Beth October 12, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Loved this post.
You know it was a good long weekend when even the cat is experiencing LWH ;)

Mara October 12, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Yummm!!!! I am dreaming of making this first this tomorrow morning, hangover or no hangover! What is the crunch or topping you have in the photo????

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm

the topping is a failed pumpkin biscotti lol

Antonia October 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm

This sounds and looks absolutely delicious. Will have to try it very soon!

Moni'sMeals October 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

great! I will make this today, and let you know. How could I not love it, just look at it. :)

laura October 12, 2011 at 1:44 pm

You should open your own smoothie chain :) I’d be there everyday.

Stacey @ Here's to Life October 12, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Fun post! Made me giggle…and I can’t wait to try that smoothie! Looks delicious.

Jaclyn T October 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm

While the recipe is yummy, the Sketchy Stink Eye is tops!

–Jaclyn T
Nature Inspired Jewellery

jackie hatch! October 12, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Sketchy is sooo cute!!!!!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm

A drool-worthy smoothie Angela! Love the addition of spiciness from ginger :)

VeggieGirl October 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm

hehe, so necessary sometimes the long weekend cure ;) that smoothie looks SO good!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 12, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I just posted a what I called Caramel Maple Pumpkin Pie Smoothie yesterday. I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes to drink my pumpkin pie :)

Your smoothie looks fabulous. YUM!

TeenyLittleSuperChef October 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Oh my gosh, I now have a serious hankering for a pumpkin smoothie. This sounds and looks so yummy. I love that you incorporated some oats into too. More like a bowl of oatmeal in smoothie form. I’ll definitely be making this one ASAP, especially since I just bought a huge stash of canned pumpkin from Costco yesterday! Orange skin, here I come :)
Thanks for another great recipe yet again

Lindsey October 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I don’t know what i love more, your post or your kitty! I have a long weekend coming up..this post is just in time…

ps- if your kitty goes missing, don’t worry he’s with me and in a good home playing with my kitties…. : P

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm

lol you can cat sit anytime!!

Jenny @ Simply Be...me October 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I am still recovering from an extra-LWH – I don’t work on Tuesdays so that means long weekends always get extended by one day! In fact, I don’t work Thursdays either so I win no matter what day the long-weekend falls on :)

On a pumpkin related note – I made your pumpkin cinnamon rolls on this particular long weekend and my family and I thank you! It took most of the day but the smell in the house was awesome – I even told my husband he wasn’t allowed to cook the salmon is originally planned for supper because I didn’t want the smell to go away!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm

haha that’s cute :) So glad you all enjoyed them!

[email protected] October 12, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I stilll have to try your cinnamon rolls! For sure this Fall :D And this smoothie looks so delicious~gotta stock up on pumpkin hehe

Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm

ooooh yummo!!!! Looks like a perfect LW hangover cure to me!

Katrina October 12, 2011 at 4:05 pm

This sounds delightful!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner October 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Cute post! This smoothie looks amazing… can’t wait to try it!!

Sara October 12, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Somehow I can never get a pumpkin smoothie to come out right. I think it’s because I don’t eat bananas and I know they usually create the best consistency. They make me crazy bloated.

Meredith October 12, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Bahaha: Moves like Jagger. I was also singing that all weekend long. Especially the “Moooooooooves” part. Best ever.

Aja October 12, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Pumpkin smoothie? Mmm..

Eva @LittleMissGymRat October 12, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Whew! With you there 100%. What a Thanksgiving weekend… definitely time to detox and get back into the regular swing of things and what better way to kick it off than with this? Pumpkin is the blood of autumn. Loves it!

PS – I was fixated by photos of your cat – sooo gorgeous! What breed is she/he?

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Thanks Eva, he’s a Bengal :)

Lisa October 12, 2011 at 7:02 pm

this looks SO yummy! I think I might need to try it!

Kathy October 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I see you’ve got a Pinterest button now! :)

That smoothie looks decadent; nice & thick!
I really have to go out and buy 3 cans of pumpkin now ._. it use to be 1 can…then 2 cans…now it’s 3 >_<

Pure2raw twins October 12, 2011 at 7:48 pm

YUM! this smoothie sounds amazing, full of my favorite things.

Emma (Emma+Jacob) October 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Thank goodness this post made me realize that I should give myself a break from mental scourging whenever I feel an LWH. It is normal to have a holiday! Haha :D

I’m seriously in love with your smoothie. Like whoa.

PS – Thanks for introducing me to blackstrap molasses through your post on the oats version of Iron Woman Smoothie. It is now a pantry staple that I am absolutely a sucker for, second only to cinnamon haha :D

Rachael @ FreshlyMinted October 12, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Glad I’m not the only one with LWH issues….now I even have a name for it!

Thanks for the recipe – I have a HUGE can of pumpkin languishing in my fridge, and only so many days to use it up :)

Ella, RD October 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm

hahaha… why do I seem to have LWH’s regularly, like once a month? I blame it on the hormones!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

lol ;) I think we all do…

Melissa @ My Mango Has Roots October 12, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Hi Angela, I’ve never had a pumpkin smoothie before and I’m a little scared to try it! I’ve seen them around… maybe I should give them a shot. This one certainly looks intriguing!

I had a question for you as a fellow blogger — I’m curious as to why your posts don’t have date stamps. I see them when they are thumbnails and I’m scrolling through the archives, but not in the full view of a post, as in if I click a post that is linked from another post I can’t see the date when it was written. Is there any reason for that? Playing detective I’m guessing the first commenter is writing on the same day, but I thought maybe there was a reason for omitting the date in the post itself. Thanks so much, love the blog!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I love the look of the plain title (without anything around it), so I don’t include the date at the top or comments. I like the clean look :)

[email protected] healthy helper blog! October 12, 2011 at 9:35 pm

DELICIOUS! This looks so yummy!

Luv What You Do October 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

My cat gives me the stink eye all the time. LOL!
Love the recipe!

Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes October 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I drank wine like it was juice tonight. Oy! And now I have that song in my head darn it. Double Oy!!!

Hannah October 12, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Wow, this looks amazing! I’ve been wondering how to transition my smoothies into fall (the tropical fruit in my freezer just isn’t calling to me). Can’t wait to eat this!

radioactivegan October 12, 2011 at 11:34 pm

My cat could out stink-eye your cat any day of the week! :) The smoothie looks amazing!

Emilia @ Namaste Gurl October 12, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Yum! I love pumpkin and molasses together- such a comforting autumnal treat :) After learning about the awesome nutrition blackstrap molasses has, I try to consume it as much as I can!

Hope you get over your LWH :)

Erin October 13, 2011 at 12:53 am

Angela I am sick and very sleepy and this is the first time I’ve posted but I must say I LOVE YOU!!! You are wonderful and inspirational….
And I’m so happy it’s fall and time to drink pumpkin smoothies again a-la-Angela!
Keep up the awesome work woman!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011 at 8:42 am

Thanks Erin…feel better soon!

Mimi (Gingersnaps) October 13, 2011 at 1:40 am

Oh wow that looks AWESOME!

I’d have that following a homemade pumpkin latte!

I made your pumpkin pie brownie last year and everyone loved it. Such a great recipe.

Beach Bum Beauty October 13, 2011 at 5:45 am

hehe anyone would think you like Moves like Jagger……. ;-) Loving your Winter warmers, they make me feel less anxious about the forthcoming dark evenings.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 13, 2011 at 6:11 am

What a great smoothie! I think I’ll have that as my dessert tonight! I made your Pumpkin Butter last night and it turned out great! It seems your Pumpkin Butter is all over the blog world! Thanks for the recipes!

LizAshlee October 13, 2011 at 6:17 am

LWH…love it!:) Also, love your recipe for success! Going to try this this morning for bkfast! Might add some spinach…just because I have a hard time having a smoothie w/o spinach these days!

Michelle October 13, 2011 at 6:26 am

Need … pumpkin … now! I made this right away and yum,yum. This is the best! It’s a healthy pumpkin pie in a glass! My 9-year-old also gives it high marks. I wish we had all day to just make your recipes. Haven’t found anything I don’t like!

tweal October 13, 2011 at 6:29 am

Oooh this sounds good, I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Ana October 13, 2011 at 8:59 am

Pumpkin is my happiness during fall season, and this smoothie looks amazingly good! Definitely trying it here.
Now Angela, I know that is not the topic of the post, but your “green drink” picture looks so creamy and delicious, would you mind sharing with me? I love green smoothies!
Thanks
Ana

Michaela October 13, 2011 at 9:07 am

now, that is a nice recovery drink!! way better than pickles, I think, though I like them ;)

Emily October 13, 2011 at 9:54 am

Hi Angela,
I couldn’t help but laugh at the picture of your cat. I have a Bengal as well and mine loves to sleep on the dinning room chairs under the table. There are days when I can not find him and realize that I didn’t check his other sleeping spot ;0)

P.S. What a great remedy for a LWH!

Kaitlyn October 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

Hi Angela :)
Well, I just wanted to post because I have been following you for a while your recipes are delicious by the way) and now I am sitting here drinking a pumpkin mollasses smoothie( with kale!) and figured I should thank you :)
so thank you for your delicious recipes, for getting me into veganism and running, AND helping me to start to overcome my ED.
Love,
Kaitlyn

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

Hey Kaitlyn, Thanks for your comment! I’m glad you are enjoying the recipes (and smoothie!).

Hayley October 13, 2011 at 10:36 am

Angela, I had some leftover pumpkin from making your delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced ‘Buttercream’ (first time, and the loaf was sooo mosit and flavorful!), and was saving it for your addicting Pumpkin Pie Banana Chunk Cookies until I came across this smoothie. I have not met a recipe of yours that I didn’t adore. I am normally a cereal girl, but made this smoothie this morning and it is now in my top 3 smoothie recipes. I couldn’t believe how thick and doughy the consistency was, and the flavor is spot-on with a pumpkin pie. I can’t wait to make it again! Now to get myself to the store to stock-up again……

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Thanks for your feedback Hayley! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the recipes :) I think the smoothie is one of my top 3 too.

Jeni October 13, 2011 at 11:57 am

Brekkie tomorrow sorted out! Whoop whoop!

Jennifer M October 13, 2011 at 2:00 pm

This is delicious! :D

Christina October 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm

This smoothy looks so yummy (as do your other smoothies) but do you think this has enough staying power to drink as a breakfast? I find that the more ingredients I add to a smoothie it’s very easy to clock in at a lot of calories. I’m one of those people who want a smoothie but I don’t want to add the 3 T of peanut butter when your adding so many other things. Does that make sense? lol

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I had it for breakfast and found that with the protein powder it was quite filling. I was fine until lunch. You can always modify it based on your needs though!

Diana October 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm

You said with the protein powder it was quite filling. There’s no protein powder in the recipe. Do you typically add protein powder to all your smoothies, even if it’s not listed in the recipe? How much do you add? Vanilla or plain?

Happy When Not Hungry October 13, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Wow this looks so creamy and delicious! Yum!

Katie @ BloomEveryday October 13, 2011 at 9:41 pm

This is a perfect Fall pumpkin treat!

ellen October 14, 2011 at 10:11 am

just made your pumpkin gingerbread smoothie – yum… has a great fresh pumpkin taste… but one serving?? Wow you can eat girl!! :)

Jonathan October 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Yes, yes, YES! That would be my internal monologue while drinking/savoring this. Thank you for your advice on soaking the seeds and oats. Definitely giving that a whirl today (no pun intended). :)

Jen {The Wholehearted Life} October 17, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I think I’ve already commented once before on this post but I’m enjoying a pumpkin gingerbread smoothie right this minute and oh my stars….super delicious….I love the addition of the molasses….thank you!!!!!!

Cristina Ione Lopez October 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm

so good!

It's Carmen October 19, 2011 at 1:53 am

Oh my word. I wish I could eat this right now. I love anything with pumpkin!

Tanya @ theskyandback October 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm

This was INSANELY good. I drank one for breakfast this morning. Tasty and super filling.

Laura October 20, 2011 at 8:05 am

I’ve been making this all week as an oatmeal! (well monday was smoothie form). It’s helping me get back on track to healthy eating, and mmm is it delish and filling in the now chilly mornings!

Elesha @ Skinnyfat Girls October 24, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Pretty much anything with pumpkin is going to make me drool over it. We at Skinnyfat have gotten into the spirit with chocolate chunk pumpkin bars and pumpkin brownies. I think I’m going to make this next because it looks and sounds fantastic!

Dallas Spiecker November 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Hi,

I am allergic to bananas and I believe most (if not all) of the shakes have banana in them. Any ideas of what I can do to replace the banana? There is just nothing like a banana and leaving it out just doesn’t do the trick!

Dallas

Jessica November 20, 2011 at 11:06 am

Your cat is gorgeous! And the pumpkin smoothie looks divine. Overall, this blog post gave me many smiles on a cold Sunday morning. So, thank you.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 20, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I’m glad to hear that!

stephanie February 2, 2013 at 10:58 am

This looks delicious. What is the crunchy stuff on top of the smoothie?

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 3, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I think if my memory serves me correctly it was a crumbled ginger cookies (recipe is on my blog somewhere)

Kristiana February 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Made this tonight and LOVED it !!!!!

Meredith March 25, 2013 at 10:29 am

This was my breakfast yesterday – sooo yummy! Definitely making it again this week with the leftover pumpkin I have in my fridge :)

Tanya October 31, 2013 at 11:33 am

I made this like it was going out of style back when you posted it in 2011. Then I got pregnant and got too lazy to cook much, then I had a baby and really stopped cooking almost altogether. But I’m happy to say that I’m back to making this after an almost two-year hiatus. My little girl is now 15 months old and she loves this smoothie, too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 31, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Congrats on your baby! (Or are they called toddlers after 1 year – I’m clueless hah). So glad you both enjoy the smoothie :)

Dev December 16, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Hi Angela,

I have to say… I truly did not enjoy this recipe. I’m usually a big fan of your recipes (and smoothies in general) but the consistency here was just subpar. The chia seeds didn’t expand and tasted like toes. But keep up the good work! I loved your pumpkin mac’n cheeze sauce as well as your butternut squash mac’n cheeze sauce.

Love,
Dev

Melissa February 15, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Thanks, Angela. Tasted great…good way to use up my blackstrap too!

Nikita September 13, 2017 at 1:26 am

Hi Angela,

The recipe sounds good. I’ll surely try it over the weekend. I have some guests coming over.
*Fingers Crossed*

Angela Liddon September 13, 2017 at 9:46 am

Hope you enjoy it, Nikita! :)