Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Last night, I made a new veggie burger recipe.

IMG 8552   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Don’t get too excited though, they were crap. I’m super picky when it comes to veggie burgers and I rarely meet one that I’m happy with.

Eric goes, ‘They’d be good without all the lemon…’

‘They are rosemary lemon burgers.’

‘Oh…hah’

Fail.

I also won’t tell you that I had to skin my rosemary plant to get enough leaves for the recipe. I’m pretty sure it’s going to die today in protest.

IMG 8193   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

However, I redeemed myself with this salad made with garden romaine lettuce! It was the freshest romaine I’ve ever laid eyes on or tasted. And most importantly, I grew it!

IMG 8505   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

We currently have romaine lettuce coming out of the wazoo. I’m thinking a salad party is in store. Sadly, I think it will just be me attending.

But still, dinner left us wanting more. Half eaten crap lemon burgers and salad just wasn’t enough to tame our hunger monsters.

I had to pull out a secret weapon…

IMG 8539   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Cookie Dough balls. 5 minutes to whip up. Instant gratification.

IMG 8561   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

And then I did something really crazy…because it’s stifling hot and we can’t just eat balls for crying out loud!

IMG 8590   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Meet the Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’ in all its crunchy, crispy, creamy, and peanut buttery glory.

IMG 8583   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard put me up to it of course.

IMG 2985 4   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

This was my best idea all week. Actually, it was the only successful recipe I’ve had all week. Last night, I decided if I had one more recipe fail this week, I was going to have to hire a ghost chef for the blog.

I’m happy to say this was not made by a ghost chef.

It was all me, baby. All me. And you can thank me this weekend when you are sitting on your porch in a state of Blizzard induced bliss.

IMG 8580   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Blizzard for 2 (GF + Vegan)

• 3 large frozen bananas (or your favourite ice cream- it would be good with coconut bliss!)
  • 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
  • 2-3 balls, to pulse into soft serve
  • 2 balls to crumble on top

Directions: To make this dreamy delight, grab a few frozen bananas and process them in a food processor with a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. Once the mixture is creamy like soft serve, add in a few peanut butter balls and pulse until chunky. Scoop this mixture into a small glass and top with crumbled cookie dough balls. Serves 2.

IMG 8581   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

More blizzard for you.

It will be our little secret. ;)

IMG 8587 2   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Best of all, we forgot all about the crap lemon burgers and the skinned rosemary plant, as we sat on the deck watching the sun bid farewell to this hot summer day.

IMG 8595   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

But an important question remains: What Blizzard flavour should I tackle next?

Ellie@fitforthesoul July 7, 2011

Holy cow!! That blizzzard oozing and dripping looks sooo beautimously delicious~~
Oh I know!! Something like pistachio blizzard?! Or something orange flavored? I don’t know~~I haven’t tried a blizzard before and I’m not sure if you are allowed to do fruit flavored ones–but who says you can’t break those rules? ;)

Stacy @ Stacy Eats July 7, 2011

OMG that blizzard looks amazing!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 7, 2011

“Actually, it was the only successful recipe I’ve had all week. Last night, I decided if I had one more recipe fail this week, I was going to have to hire a ghost chef for the blog. ”

You, no, never!

But I know what you mean…I go in spurts where nothing seems to work or that I can get decent photos out of it. I mean I will always make it “work” and not really waste the food, i.e. I feed it to the family…haha, but I dont blog about it or photograph it.

Just means you’re gonna have a HOT streak coming up! :)

The cookie dough balls look perfect. Peanut butter IN raw balls can be tricky b/c they tend to get gloppy and not stick together but love the rice krispy idea to dry out the dough, so to speak. The whole recipe looks fabulous! I’ll take a dozen :)

Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun July 7, 2011

Oh no you didn’t just post that! OMG, I must make these now……
Thanks!

Gloria July 7, 2011

You should definitely try making an oreo blizzard :) I haven’t had a blizzard in years… Thanks for the recipe!

Mindy July 7, 2011

I vote you should make a brownie blizzard next!! or peanut butter cup!
My kids and I just made this for an afternoon snack! OMG was it good! I was trying to figure out a way to stick my tongue in the food processor to lick out the last drops!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 7, 2011

Blizzards are my absolute FAVORITE! Thank you for this!

Ann Claire July 7, 2011

I would attend your salad party!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 8, 2011

whohoo!

Karen July 7, 2011

okay I am definitely making this blizzard this weekend – I have already made your cookie dough one a couple of times – its always a hit!!

Tracy July 7, 2011

Angela I’ve made many of your recipes, and really enjoyed them. It’s funny that you had a major fail with last nights dinner. I made a felafel type burger last night and it too was bad. I had the same problem, mushy on the inside. You were lucky enough to have that delicious dessert to end your meal.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 8, 2011

It’s hard to get them perfect sometimes, isn’t it? I’ve had some felafel fails too… ;)

Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open July 7, 2011

Okay that sounds pretty much AMAZING. ♥

Annie@stronghealthyfit July 7, 2011

YUM!

Barry July 7, 2011

I shall give you points for courage. I would not start anything called a ‘lemon burger’. All the dessert things look good. I have no idea where you get the time to make all this stuff. Anyhoo, I have arrived at a critical point in my life where I must consistently eat more healthy food so your posts will be very helpful. Thank you for all the effort.

Molly @ RDexposed July 7, 2011

My friends and coworkers loved your cookie dough balls! I also used them as apology cookies this weekend. They did the trick!!

Trish July 7, 2011

I love it! When dinner doesn’t work out as planned, just have blizzards instead! We actually had something similar last night…dinner was kind of a bust with mediocre leftovers of veggie burgers and a rice dish from a few nights ago, so we had your banana soft serve with the chia seeds as a big dessert instead. and I enjoyed every single last bite of it!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 7, 2011

You have me drooling over here! I think a good flavor to recreate would be a german chocolate blizzard! :)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset July 7, 2011

The title of this post pulled me in IMMEDIATELY. DQ Blizzards= true love :)
How about a cookies and cream blizzard?!

Kathy July 7, 2011

Hmmm…vanilla, peppermint, confetti (or multicolor), banana, caramel, cookies & cream (is there a way to make this healthy?), lemon, apple spice (sorta like apple pie), pumpkin spice, coconut, a combination of any of those listed above :D or berries if they work.

Ragnhild July 7, 2011

Ah, this looks amazing!! Its past mid-night in Norway, but I crave one of these NOW!!! I hope my craving is still there tomorrow, because I mustmustmust try to make this!

Sky July 7, 2011

Yum, that looks really good! I just popped all the bananas in the freezer so I can make this over the weekend (if the sun ever comes out again in Vancouver).

As for what flavour to tackle next, I would go with Mint Oreo, I have really fond memories of those (and less fond memories of the 10lbs I gained the summer I discovered them, ooops, thankfully, yours look guilt free!).

Keep up the great work!

Tiffany July 7, 2011

My mouth…will not…stop watering…

I really should’ve thought twice about clicking on anything labeled “Peanut Butter Chocolate…” when my girl parts are doing their thing! OY! :P DEELISH though! I will refrain from making them now, but give me a week and I’ll try it out when I’m in a better mindset, hehe!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet July 7, 2011

This sounds AMAZING

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 7, 2011

This looks incredibly naughty. I kind of like it.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin July 7, 2011

Bummer about the veggie burgers, but it looks like your dessert MORE than made up for it! It looks fantastic! If you make a mint chocolate chip blizzard next, I think I may marry you. ;)

Jessica July 7, 2011

i simply couldn’t resist this recipe tonight. i didn’t have any cashews on hand, so i used almonds instead and it worked beautifully! i had another cookie dough recipe that i was stuck to, but these are far better.
it hit the spot!
also, i’d LOVE to see a vegan fudge brownie blizzard. :)
thanks for everything you do!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 8, 2011

mmmm :) me too

Nat July 7, 2011

Love your creations!

FoodFeud July 7, 2011

I had a great romaine salad today too – though not as fresh. I was happy because I rarely eat romaine but it’s nice and cooling. Good luck with the burgers. The flavors sound interesting and they look nice! (But I guess we’re all really here for the Blizzard)

Sierra July 7, 2011

I made black bean burgers today and I think they are good, but they prolly could be a lil better. Wanna work some magic on them? :) My favorite Blizzard flavor was always Georgia Mud Fudge, so if you could recreate that, I would love you forever! :) Here’s the link to my recipe:

Margy rose July 7, 2011

I made a blueberry lemon basil one an throw some candied lemon peel in and sometimes some poppy seeds. Unique flavor with fresh basil.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 8, 2011

that’s cool, so creative!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco July 8, 2011

I here you, those “weeks” happen to everyone. Right guys? ;) This looks so incredible, but you’re Anglea. Your stuff is going to be incredible. By the way, do you think I could make this without Teff flour? I might try it with some different flours on my blog and let you know how it goes. Go, Angela!

Trish @ Binary Vegan July 8, 2011

I vote for a Butterfinger-type blizzard! Those were always my weakness…

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 8, 2011

mmmm!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) July 8, 2011

Mmmmmmmm, that blizzard looks pretty perfect!!!! I could use one of those on this HOT day we are having in Saskatchewan!

Arielle (Your Vegan Girlfriend) July 8, 2011

Ahh Angela! I have been seeing this DQ commercial for their new triple chocolate blizzard all week and DYING to recreate it. You beat me to the punch! And with peanut butter!! Garsh you are the best and I need to have this in my belly like yesterday. Do you think you could sub gluten free flour and stevia (for the sugar) in the balls and have the same great flavor? Getting on this asap. Xo!

Hannah July 8, 2011

Just amazing! Mostly, though, I can’t help chuckling at your story of stripping the rosemary bush. You’re welcome to come visit my parents’ place, where the rosemary has been taking over the entire garden for years now! Nothing will defeat the blighter!

Katrina July 8, 2011

Mmm such a tasty treat!

Alyssa July 8, 2011

”Helpful hint: If anyone in your home sees you eating this, tell them it’s Vegan and Gluten-Free and they will run like hell.”. . .HAHA ohmigosh, this is so true.
People turn up their noses at the cookies I bring into work when I say they’re vegan, but when they try them, they’re always amazed at how yummy they are…lol.

Alissa @ Just Eat Love July 8, 2011

Yumm these look great! I like to have healthy little snacks like this around to nibble on :)

Beth July 8, 2011

I think the new blizzard recipe would make me forget about the burger fail too. It looks so good, especially with it melting over the sides. Perfect for a hot summer’s day or night. In fact, I’m thinking of having it right now for a late breakfast.

Have you done a cinnamon type flavoured blizzard? Or maybe a ginger snap flavour?

O.C. July 8, 2011

I’m feeling an Oreo cookies and cream Blizzard or a Fudge brownie one or maby even birthday cake! I’ve never had a real Blizzard but I bet yours are 1000x better :)
and I totally use the “It’s vegan, glutefree and has no refined sugars!” when I don’t want to share my treats.

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) July 8, 2011

Mmm, this looks so good! I’d like to see you tackle a fruity blizzard flavor, like strawberry shortcake :)

xo