Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Last night, I made a new veggie burger recipe.

IMG 8552   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Don’t get too excited though, they were crap. I’m super picky when it comes to veggie burgers and I rarely meet one that I’m happy with.

Eric goes, ‘They’d be good without all the lemon…’

‘They are rosemary lemon burgers.’

‘Oh…hah’

Fail.

I also won’t tell you that I had to skin my rosemary plant to get enough leaves for the recipe. I’m pretty sure it’s going to die today in protest.

IMG 8193   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

However, I redeemed myself with this salad made with garden romaine lettuce! It was the freshest romaine I’ve ever laid eyes on or tasted. And most importantly, I grew it!

IMG 8505   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

We currently have romaine lettuce coming out of the wazoo. I’m thinking a salad party is in store. Sadly, I think it will just be me attending.

But still, dinner left us wanting more. Half eaten crap lemon burgers and salad just wasn’t enough to tame our hunger monsters.

I had to pull out a secret weapon…

IMG 8539   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Cookie Dough balls. 5 minutes to whip up. Instant gratification.

IMG 8561   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

And then I did something really crazy…because it’s stifling hot and we can’t just eat balls for crying out loud!

IMG 8590   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Meet the Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’ in all its crunchy, crispy, creamy, and peanut buttery glory.

IMG 8583   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard put me up to it of course.

IMG 2985 4   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

This was my best idea all week. Actually, it was the only successful recipe I’ve had all week. Last night, I decided if I had one more recipe fail this week, I was going to have to hire a ghost chef for the blog.

I’m happy to say this was not made by a ghost chef.

It was all me, baby. All me. And you can thank me this weekend when you are sitting on your porch in a state of Blizzard induced bliss.

IMG 8580   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Blizzard for 2 (GF + Vegan)

• 3 large frozen bananas (or your favourite ice cream- it would be good with coconut bliss!)
  • 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
  • 2-3 balls, to pulse into soft serve
  • 2 balls to crumble on top

Directions: To make this dreamy delight, grab a few frozen bananas and process them in a food processor with a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. Once the mixture is creamy like soft serve, add in a few peanut butter balls and pulse until chunky. Scoop this mixture into a small glass and top with crumbled cookie dough balls. Serves 2.

IMG 8581   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Helpful hint: If anyone in your home sees you eating this, tell them it’s Vegan and Gluten-Free and they will run like hell.

More blizzard for you.

It will be our little secret. ;)

IMG 8587 2   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

Best of all, we forgot all about the crap lemon burgers and the skinned rosemary plant, as we sat on the deck watching the sun bid farewell to this hot summer day.

IMG 8595   Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch ‘Blizzard’

But an important question remains: What Blizzard flavour should I tackle next?

Katie @ Finding My Om July 7, 2011

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup! :)

My, that looks amazing and the burger actually sounds pretty tasty. :)

Ashley July 7, 2011

Love!! I can’t wait to try this– it’s so humid out today where we’re vacationing in Southern Utah that I feel I’m going to sit inside and hide until the sun goes down!

jenna July 7, 2011

oh my word! this looks amazing! i love your little secret as well!

Nikki T July 7, 2011

mmmm….that looks amazing!
Mint Oreo is my favorite!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty July 7, 2011

First – I’ll come to your romaine party!! Can you imagine the fun that would be! hahaaaa :)

This sounds amazing!!

How about a scor blizzard – that was my very favorite! :)

Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 7, 2011

I am going to make this tonight, and stir it into my SoCo coconut sorbet.

Jill in Chicago July 7, 2011

OH. MY. GOODNESS! This looks so much better than anything from a chain ice cream store!

Sara July 7, 2011

Ok…but those burgers were so pretty I would eat them anyway…or maybe just take more pictures.

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan July 7, 2011

YUM!!!! This looks amazing.
I love the part about the crap lemon burgers and people running like hell. So funny! :-)

Amy July 7, 2011

I love the turtle blizzard. Chocolate, Carmel and Toasted Pecans!!! MMMM!!!

Dan July 7, 2011

That blizzard looks awesome. I’ve seen a few recipes using bananas as an ice-cream base but I’ve never tried it. I need to quit stalling.

Paije July 7, 2011

I’ve been eating tons of fresh romaine from my parent’s garden! I swear it tastes a 10000 times better when you grow it yourself :)
And SKOR blizzard for sure please!! I crave them all the time but all the sugar in them makes me craazy haha

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 7, 2011

Oh yuummmmm! Sounds delicious! My favourite Blizzard from DQ as a kid was either Oreo or Skor… but now I’m thinking that 22-year old Angela would be all over a Wethers Original (or some other type of butterscotch sweet) one!
And PS. I’ll happily join you for a salad party. ;)

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 7, 2011

My favorite blizzard is banana cream pie!!! Please make that next. Thank you! :)

This looks so good Angela, and I have a bunch of bananas ready to freeze and this is what I want to make out of them. Delicious.

Faith @ lovelyascharged July 7, 2011

My favorite was always the butterfinger blizzard – I’d love to see what you could do with that!

Christabel July 7, 2011

Hi Angela,

I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life and am SUPER picky about veggie burgers too. My nutritionist led me to my favorite veggie (and vegan!) burger recipe ever. It’s so good, so savory and delicious. These freeze really well too.
Toasted hazelnut burgers

Shanna, Like Banana July 7, 2011

Reeses PB Cup!

Carly July 7, 2011

Anything that doesn’t involve cashews! I’m so allergic, and these look deeeelish!

LizAshlee July 7, 2011

Your cookie dough blizzards are one of my FAVORITE! I made cookie dough balls last night for a treat and they were delicious! I used them to make chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiches, which I chilled in the freezer-OMG-amazing!

I really don’t know if you can top peanut butter & chocolate-this is perfection! I might have to think a little while on a flavor to top it…if there is one?!

Have a wonderful day!

LizAshlee
twitter.com/lizashleeblog

char @ char on a mission July 7, 2011

Oh boy…my taste buds are ready to be tantalized by this!!! Next blizzard creation (n my opinion): strawberry cheezecake!! Or I loved cotton candy. I wonder how you could create a vegan version of that!!!

Paula July 7, 2011

I have a suggestion for your romaine: JUICE IT! Well, eat your to your hearts content of salad but when you’ve had enough salad, make juice :) One part romaine to one part carrot is one of my favorite blends.

Oh, and I vote oreo blizzard. LOVE oreos, but I don’t love the refined flour and loads of sugar so I’d love to see them get a makeover. Whole grain oreo with less sugar?!? Yes please!

VeggieGirl July 7, 2011

Next blizzard flavor = something with CARAMEL, please! :)

kris (everyday oats) July 7, 2011

Bummer about the burgers because they really do sound SO delicious. I love veggie burgers but I think i love that blizzard more :)
Maybe a chocolaty blizzard or berry blizzard? Or maybe both?? Chocolate strawberry. Yum :)

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 7, 2011

girlfriiiend, you just made me SO hungry with those cookie dough balls. a must-try for me ASAP.

and the blizzard. I’m not sharing.

Bee Goes Bananas July 7, 2011

Wow, everything looks too good to eat!!

Alisha Abercrombie July 7, 2011

I was going to do peanut butter cup blizzards, since it’s my fav, with the recipe from the kind diet, but this seems much easier and just as delish! Maybe I’ll try both this week…

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race July 7, 2011

Ah, boo. Sorry the burgers didn’t turn out :( I bet they smelled amazing though! The salad looks perfect! I have the hardest time growing any kind of lettuce. (sad face)

Chloe (South Beach Girl) July 7, 2011

I’m going to have to try and make my own veggies burgers, that would be a great thing to bring to a BBQ!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite July 7, 2011

Wow, these blizzards look incredible! I cannot wait to try this out!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa July 7, 2011

Delicious!

I think you should figure out how to create a strawberry cheesecake blizzard, or brownie batter. YUM!

Namaste Gurl July 7, 2011

Yum, yum and YUM! Somehow you always have me drooling when I visit your amazing blog :)
Sorry about the bad veggie burger turn out, but the dough balls and PB banana soft serve look excellent!

Mandiee July 7, 2011

Often the best creations come out of disaster…and I’m sure these blizzards are just that! I’m absolutely crazy for banana soft (especially with black bean brownie swirls). I will definitely look forward to your other veg burger attempts. And if all else fails, you can count me in on the salad party :D

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes July 7, 2011

The lemon-rosemary combo is usually a winner, sorry it was crap! I am freezing bananas NOW so I can make these later tonight haha. I would love to see a chocolate peppermint blizzard…hmmm :)

Natalie July 7, 2011

MINT CHOCOLATE!

Brooke July 7, 2011

Sounds like a WONDERFUL way to redeem a not-so-perfect meal!

Brooke Annessa

Beach Bum Beauty July 7, 2011

I could kiss you! I have just started gluten free and it’s so hard to find scrummy yummy desserts. Can we have some more please *pwitty* please? :-D

Aja July 7, 2011

Oh yum! Sounds so delish. I love your “blizzard” recipes.

Kelsey July 7, 2011

you have more than made up for your burger fail with this!!! YUM!!!!!

kaila @ healthy helper! July 7, 2011

OMG….possibly your best recipe ever!?!?!?! These look AMAZING! Wow I am making this ASAP! Its so easy yet so sinfully delicious looking! Dairy Queen needs to hire you to create a new healthy line of treats LOL! But seriously….they should.

Jenny July 7, 2011

Brownie Blizzards for sure. Can’t seem to master a good vegan brownie recipe……I’m sure you could, though!!

Page 2 of 5«12345»