Chilled Strawberry Almond Butter Soup

IMG_7801

I wait all year long for local strawberries to make their brief appearance and when I finally see them at the market and in the grocery stores I tend to go a bit crazy.

IMG_9918

I hoard them.

I freeze them.

I go to Strawberry festivals.

IMG_0386

I make Strawberry Banana Soft Serve.

IMG_2199

I make Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes.

IMG_3216

This weekend, we almost turned into a strawberry. First, there was the High Protein Quinoa Almond Berry Salad that we inhaled after the hike. Then there were chocolate covered strawberries (Eric’s idea!)- one of our all-time favourite desserts.

Finally, this refreshing Chilled Strawberry Almond Butter Soup came about.

IMG_7797

This soup is inspired by a chilled strawberry soup recipe I spotted over at Memories in the Baking. I thought the idea of a chilled strawberry soup was fun. Strawberries are the main ingredient with only a few ‘enhancing’ ingredients to bring out the strawberry flavour.

It’s a lovely dessert for the summertime when you want something light and healthy, yet still sophisticated. I just love the pairing of almonds and strawberries, so I added some almond butter and almond extract to the soup. The almond butter adds creaminess to the subtle tart undertones of the strawberries. A touch of sweetener- and chilling in the fridge- brought it all together!

You can have fun playing around with the recipe too. Strawberry Mint soup, as in this recipe, would also be fantastic. Or if you are a sweet and savoury fan, what about Strawberry Basil soup?

IMG_7769

IMG_7717-2

While the soup was chilling in the fridge, we worked up a good sweat working on the deck stairs. The guys weren’t able to help Eric this weekend (note: they are avoiding our calls hah), so I told him that I would help.

IMG_7716-2

The stairs are really intimidating! There are so many calculations and cuts to make.

IMG_7740-2

We got close to completing the large staircase! Just a few more boards to secure.

IMG_0804

After this one, we still have two smaller ones on each end. I’m REALLY ready for this deck to be complete!

At the end of the day, we had a very simple dinner made up of BBQ’d veggies, leftover pearled barley, pasta sauce, and seasonings.

IMG_0794-2  IMG_7803

And then we devoured our chilled soup for dessert! It’s creamy, smooth, and flavourful and it didn’t last long!

IMG_7799

T minus 4 days until this weekend’s Strawberry Festival. Not that I’m counting or anything..

1 Julie @ Shining From Within June 21, 2011

the deck looks awesomesauce! I could never imagine building my own deck. Eric needs a TV show. I have never heard of a chilled soup with sweet flavors. Inteeeerestting… I bet watermelon would be amaze too with mint. ;)

2 kate June 21, 2011

oooh I love the addition of almond butter that seriously sounds amazing and so refreshing, perfect for summer!!

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 21, 2011

WOW! The photos are gorgeous this morning Ange!! I love the bright colours. Like you, I’m a major strawberry fiend and have been eating them non-stop! The deck looks like it’s almost ready. You guys have done an amazing job on the stairs – I’d have no idea where to start!! Have a wonderful day!

4 Carrie June 21, 2011

wow!! this is so creative!! a soup!!.. so clever- the stairs are looking great!

5 Claire June 21, 2011

YOU ARE GENIUS!! That strawberry almond butter soup sounds FANTASTIC! Thanks for the recipe, and I’ll be making it tonight and be giving you blog cred’ on tomorrow’s post!!
<3 N.N.

6 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

Hope you like it!

7 Lizzie June 21, 2011

Aha! So now I know what to do with the giant punnet of strawbs I bought yesterday at the farmer’s market down the street :) That is, if I don’t eat them all first.

8 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} June 21, 2011

This looks amazing! What a perfect summer treat. :-)

9 Caitlin June 21, 2011

that soup is so pretty! i love the idea of strawberries and almond butter- yum!

10 Lisa Fine June 21, 2011

What an unusual combination! I love chilled fruit soups, and would love to try this, but due to my almond allergy, I’ll try it with cashew butter.

Enjoy the beautiful weather, Angela!

11 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods.com June 21, 2011

Yum, sounds delish! Love your spoons by the way. So classy and and vintage looking!

12 VeggieGirl June 21, 2011

You are so creative with strawberries!! I’ve always loved them in smoothies and salad but am usually at a loss on how to create healthy bakery/ice cream versions of smoothie recipes! Thanks :D !!

13 Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 21, 2011

I love this, especially because it looks so pretty:-)

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 21, 2011

All the fruit recipes this week look delicious! I love the idea of strawberry + basil for the savory combo. Definitely going to try that one!

15 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats June 21, 2011

Mm I love strawberries! I’m also a big texture person though so I’m wondering if the soup would be too..smooth? Any suggestions to give it more textures?

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

I really loved the chopped almonds and strawberries on top…you could always add lots of those.

17 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) June 21, 2011

That dessert looks so good! I love light desserts that are savory but not calorie dense :)

& wahooo for the deck almost being done!

18 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 21, 2011

Mmmmm…in Paris last month, we ate at a restaurant that served a chilled strawberry soup for dessert, and I’ve been craving it ever since!!! This looks awesome!

19 Apron Appeal June 21, 2011

This soup looks amazing but it’s the mention of the strawberry soft serve that I’m really interested in – vegan ice cream – I want some.

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

Its easy- just process frozen bananas with some strawberries in a food processor until smooth. You can add a splash of milk of choice if needed to help it along.

21 JenATX June 21, 2011

can I have this for breakfast? haha

22 Jodi June 21, 2011

Wow this soup looks delicious! What a nice treat to have in the warmer months for a dessert – looks decadent but light at the same time!

23 Jennifer June 21, 2011

Hello…my name is Jennifer and I have a strawberry addiction….seriously, I hoard them as well. Just picked 50 lbs of them, since I was only down to 10lbs in freezer. LOVE organic strawberries. This recipe just maybe “strawberry worthy”. I have to consider seriously when and how I use my precious berries! :)

24 Heather (heathers dish) June 21, 2011

Man I would die of excitement at a strawberry festival! Sounds glorious ;)

25 Lauren June 21, 2011

Wow, that is beautiful and looks delicious! I LOVE strawberries, they’re the reason I decided red was my favorite color when I was little. It’s so glorious when they’re in season! :)

26 katie June 21, 2011

I can;t get over how beautiful the deck is looking! Can’t wait to see the final product.
I just went strawberry picking myself and have been consuming my fair share in the past couple days. I made strawberry basil pesto yesterday, I highly recommend it! And this morning a strawberry coconut smoothie. I love summer fruit!

27 Cait's Plate June 21, 2011

Oh my gosh – strawberry banana soft serve?! How have I never thought of that before!? Also, I’m drooling over those pancakes!

I’m strawberry crazy in the summer time too – I wish I could say I go to festivals, but unfortunately I just go to the grocery store to pick them up :)

The deck is looking amazing! Kudos to Eric!

28 Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen June 21, 2011

The deck is looking fantastic! and I love the sounds of this soup.

29 Rebecca June 21, 2011

Strawberry season in PA is OVER already!! I very nearly cried. :'( But I do wonder what this soup would be like with blueberries? I can’t pass up the berry + almond butter combination. Oh, and I absolutely ADORE that antique spoon — is it an heirloom?

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

thanks! its from the antique market :)

I find that too many blueberries when blended become very gel-like in consistency so I would be hesitant to use all blueberries in this recipe. I think subbing up to 1/3-1/2 cup might work fine though!

31 The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh June 21, 2011

That deck is looking good girlie! Dinner looked awesome!

32 Jen June 21, 2011

Bright red, plump, juicy strawberries are one of my favorite things about summer. Your chilled soup (one of my chefs in culinary school said that “chilled fruit soups” are just code for “smoothie”…haha!) looks great. And there’s something so satisfying about eating a treat with such a beautiful color!

33 Tichina June 21, 2011

Wow! The deck is really coming along :) You must be getting so excited! I love fruit, all fruit, and in all of it’s glorious forms but this is a new one I can add to the mix, I can’t wait to try it out :). Thanks Angela!

34 Katie June 21, 2011

WOW. That looks and sounds so decadent!

35 Shanna, Like Banana June 21, 2011

Whipped strawberry anything always looks so good. I think this might serve as a fantastic dip too!

36 SunnyB@andloveittoo June 21, 2011

This looks like an amazing dessert. I cannot wait to try.

Thanks for sharing!

SunnyB

37 Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life June 21, 2011

OMG crazy good stairs!!!!! I’m impressed!!!

ANNNND I LOOOOVE strawberries, too! Thanks for the recipe!

38 Justeen @ Blissful Baking June 21, 2011

The strawberry soup looks sooo yummy! I love that it’s pink :)

39 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa June 21, 2011

You guys are really coming along on that deck! It looks fantastic!

40 Monika @ Powered by Paprika June 21, 2011

I love strawberries! Those strawberry pancakes look absolutely delicious :)

41 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit June 21, 2011

You guys have a strawberry festival? How awesome!
I make something really, really similar for my morning smoothies, but I add cooked rice, quinoa, or quick oats, dump it in a bowl and go to TOWN with a spoon. Deeelicious!

42 Lauren @ What Lauren Likes June 21, 2011

Hell yes the Strawberry FEST :) southern Ontario has one too!! this is crazy I just bought a whole bunch of local strawberries and will be posting about them and a dessert later tonight!! AH crazyness :)

43 Shannon ~ My Place In The Race June 21, 2011

The soup sounds awesome! Perfect for hot day :P

44 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 21, 2011

Mmm sounds like a delicious dessert to me :) Definitely something I’ll be craving after a difficult and hot run.

Can’t wait to see the completed deck!!! I’m sure it’ll be great for throwing barbecues and just relaxing.

45 Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner June 21, 2011

Wow! So interesting… I have to be honest, the title alone turned me a bit off but once I read on, I think this “Strawberry soup” looks really good! I too go crazy when my favorite fruits are in season and can be freshly picked. Enjoy it!!
Your deck will be amazing when it’s all finished!

46 Hayley @ Oat Couture June 21, 2011

Love strawberries, those pancakes look awesome! :) Unfortunately I haven’t seen any decent strawberries for a while now, how long can you normally get good strawberries for?! Gutted if the season is over here in Cyprus!

47 Kristen June 21, 2011

I was just in Cyprus for a month! The fresh fruit there is incomparable to that in the States – I will never be able to eat apricots and oranges here again – I bet the strawberries there are even better too!

48 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious June 21, 2011

Your soup looks amazing!! It is soup, so I’m thinking strawberry almond butter soup for the main with chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert :-) I dipped some in dark chocolate this weekend and they were pretty awesome with some vino!

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

mmm great idea!

50 Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness June 21, 2011

This looks STUNNING. We just got a TON of strawberries yesterday, and I have some almond butter that I made a couple days ago… I know what I’m having for dessert tonight!

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

enjoy!!

52 Maria June 21, 2011

I LOVE strawberries and everyone pictured here looks amazing. I have never been to a strawberry festival, but I am determined to go next year. We always have something going on that weekend but next year, I’m reserving just for that. When I was younger, we used to go strawberry picking with my grandma and then come back and make strawberry jam :-) The best kind of jam is the homemade kind.

53 Moni'sMeals June 21, 2011

No way! This recipe is just fantastic! I love the ingredients and oh so pretty!

That deck is looking great too. :)

You will have a blast at the Strawberry Festival, that is awesome. :)

54 The Teenage Taste June 21, 2011

I LOVE BERRY SEASON!

55 kaila @ healthy helper! June 21, 2011

THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! I love chilled soups and STRAWBERRIES of course! Can’t wait to try this!

56 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs June 21, 2011

This sounds like it’d make an incredible breakfast smoothie!!

57 kris (everyday oats) June 21, 2011

Did you say strawberry festival?? That sounds wayy too awesome!
And that Strawberry almond soup looks amazing! Strawberries are SO good this time of the year.
Your deck is looking fab btw!

58 birdie to be June 21, 2011

I am so in love with strawberries too! YUM! This dish looks soooo good. And strawberry soft serve sounds amazing!

59 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 21, 2011

These look so refreshing!

60 Faith @ lovelyascharged June 21, 2011

Oh yummy! It makes me think of a strawberry gazpacho!

61 Baking 'n' Books June 21, 2011

Now I REALLY wish I had picked up Strawberries when I was JUST at the store :(

62 Amanda Jewell @ Science&Bananas June 21, 2011

That dessert looks soooo refreshing!! I love strawberry season (although not as much as cherry or persimmon season..hehe). I’m so freaking jealous there’s a strawberry festival there! We need one here in San Diego, like STAT! :-)
Looking forward to lots of strawberry recipes in the near future!

63 Aja June 21, 2011

That soup sounds so yummy. That’s so creative.
The stairs look awesome.

64 Paige is Running Around Normal June 21, 2011

I have been the same way with BLUEBERRIES! I’ve been eating them plain and putting them in everything. So delicious:)

65 Roz June 21, 2011

The soup looks great. As do the stairs on the deck!!!! Look forward to seeing the “after” pictures (as I’m sure you are too!!) Bring on the strawberries!!!

66 Leslie June 21, 2011

Yum! I’m a bit of a strawberry hoarder too during this season! And blueberries too. Can’t get enough of ’em! The pictures are beautiful!

67 ellalinea June 21, 2011

Oooh strawberries are almost out of season here.. But I’ve managed to eat tooooooooooons :)) This recipe looks so nice for a warm summer evening!

68 erin @ WELL in L.A. June 21, 2011

Hooray for strawberries and Summer! A little spoiled … we’ve been eating delicious, ripe berries since late April in SoCal!

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

ohhh man thats my DREAM!

70 Grace @ Healthy Dreaming June 21, 2011

This looks delicious and refreshing! I really love the idea of a healthy soft serve. Wow you guys are SO handy. I don’t think I’d ever tackle something that big by myself without calling in the professionals!

71 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 21, 2011

This is beyond genius! I like the idea of drizzling it over pancakes or french toast… ohmygosh! I have gooooot to find some strawberries stat! <3

The stairs DO look intimidating to make but ohmygosh they're looking AH-mazing!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

72 Stephenie Zamora June 21, 2011

Strawberry overload!!! And it’s so exciting! I love strawberries. Checking out the strawberry shortcake pancakes… *drool*

73 Emma @ Getting There & Going Places June 21, 2011

Aren’t strawberries the best?! :D
Anything you do with them, will be good! These seem like particularly good ideas though! :D
Staircase is looking great! You guys are doing such a gorgeous job on that deck! :O

74 Lauren (PB&G) June 21, 2011

Ok this soup is amazing. I would have never thought to make a strawberry almond soup myself. Incredible! It makes me want to hoard strawberries myself!

75 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 21, 2011

Just LOOKING at the diagram for the stairs makes me shudder and reminds me of h.s. math class and not knowing the answers :) I am soooo impressed by what you two have done! When I say that my hubs cannot change a lightbulb, I am really not exaggerating :)

And my mind also thinks…leftover wood scraps. Paint. Blog props. haha!

The recipe…it’s like a strawberry smoothie in a bowl with almond butter…oh yes, I’ll have seconds :)

76 Zestful Lou June 21, 2011

A strawberry festival?!? Heavenly!

I love a fresh piece of basil wrapped around a juicy, ripe strawberry. It’s so refreshing and the perfect pairing of summer’s bounty!

77 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 21, 2011

Gorgeous soup! I can’t walk past strawberries win the market this time of year without buying them – the smell is too enticing!

78 Katherine June 21, 2011

O my! NOMNOMNOM!

79 Katherine June 21, 2011

Grrr wrong URL

80 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola June 21, 2011

Omg this soup looks AMAZING. I am going to make it tonight!! Thank goodness that strawberries were 2 for 1 yesterday at the grocery store!

81 Victoria June 21, 2011

Strawberries are so yummy and so does that soup! Btw… I love your food photography. Your presentation is always gorgeous!

82 Sarah June 21, 2011

I love your blog, please keep up the wonderful work! Can I ask please where you got the earrings that you are wearing in your birthday post from May 2011?

Thank You!

83 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2011

thanks!

Hmm not sure I remember, can you link to the picture and then I can tell you?

84 Lynne June 21, 2011

Hi Angela! I’m new to your blog(s). I am also “new” to making conscience healthy choices. I love the looks of all your recipes. I hopped over to your Glo-Bakery…I am anxious to try your Glo-Bars and the Glo-nola. Looks so yummy! I have a question though, I did not see how I can order the Glo-nola at your online bakery. Am I just missing it or is it not available to order? Thanks for your inspiration!

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2011

Hey Lynne!
I actually don’t sell the Glonola anymore, sorry about that!

86 Running With Mascara June 21, 2011

Wow that looks yummy! The color is fantastic!

87 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 21, 2011

That stair diagram looks headache-inducing, but I’m glad you guys figured it out. The stairs look great! As does that soup. I’ve been loving local strawberries too – I get a free quart of freshly picked ones after every shift I work at the farm! So I’ve been gobbling them up like mad! :D

88 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 21, 2011

oh my – I love how colourful and vibrant these are!

89 Felicia (Natural + Balanced) June 21, 2011

the organic strawberries ive been getting this year ahve been beyond delicious–so sweet!! a local farm down the road have a ton and i got plenty for a crisp + shakes + snacking. loving them :) raspberries are coming up in the garden, so now i’m even more excited :)

90 Ragnhild June 21, 2011

Angela- this looks absolutely amazing!! I have made strawberry mint soup before, but I love the idea of adding almond butter to this! And the color is just beautiful! I MUST make this soon!!

91 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner June 21, 2011

Oh my gosh. I WANT!!!!

92 Carly June 21, 2011

I used to eat Strawberries, bananas and almonds every single day for breakfast before I became allergic to almonds. Strawberries & Almonds are one of my favorite combos. Watch, I’ll become allergic to strawberries next…!

93 Christine (The Raw Project) June 21, 2011

Yum, this soup has breakfast written all over it for me! And maybe dinner. :-) Great job on the staircase!

94 Izzy June 21, 2011

LOVE the idea of a dessert soup – what a great, refreshing summer dessert!
Last weekend, we had the Strawberry Festival here in Toronto at Kensington Market – HOLY DELICIOUS PRODUCE, BATMAN!! Gotta love summer fruits :)

izzyy

95 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 21, 2011

I love the pink color! Gorgeous!

96 Alaina June 21, 2011

The town I grew up in had a Strawberry Festival every June. One of my favorite things to do! Don’t know if they still do it though.

97 Annie@stronghealthyfit June 21, 2011

Mmm! Reminds me of the sour cherry soup i had in Hungary around this time last year. Fruit soups are way underrated and overlooked!

98 Lauri (Redheadrecipes.com) June 21, 2011

Last year I froze a TON of local strawberries.This year, the season seemed to have come and gone so fast I didn’t get a chance to freeze any. :(

Good luck with the deck!! So exciting and just in time for summer :)

99 Danielle June 21, 2011

I made this tonight and it is delicious! Cannot really taste the almond butter though. I cannot wait to add this to my overnight oats in the morning!

100 Molly @ RDexposed June 21, 2011

I just went through a carton of strawberries in 24 hours. Chocolate strawberry green smoothies are a God-sent!

101 Jackie @ That Deep Breath June 21, 2011

That soup looks amazing! Does it hold you over well? I’m thinking this could make a yummy breakfast. I also LOVE the last picture. It’s so beautiful!

102 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2011

I dont know if I’d rely on it as a breakfast, but it might be good with a piece of toast or something!

103 Ann @ Running With Chopstix June 21, 2011

I have to say the deck is coming out fantastically! It’s going to be finished in no time!

104 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life June 21, 2011

Oo this looks so refreshing! I too LOVE strawberry season. I may or may not have a hoard of them in the freezer right now…

105 Alexia (Dimple Snatcher) June 21, 2011

Absolutely beautiful, Angela! I love that you put a smoothie in a bowl and called it soup :)

106 Kathy June 22, 2011

…*looks at ingredient list*
I’m making this tomorrow :)

107 jess white June 22, 2011

perfect. just the sort of summer drink i crave, i only wish it was hot enough in london to enjoy it!

108 Alissa June 22, 2011

Yum! This looks great. I especially like the sound and look of those strawberry shortcake stacked pancakes :)

109 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 22, 2011

Huh! I have neeeever heard of a sweet soup! I guess it’s time I did :) This looks so delicious, and most of all it looks ELEGANT. Home run, Ange!!

110 Lisa June 22, 2011

Hey Angela, love your blog!! I’m trying to eat less meat and your recipes always turn out great and give use great options!! According to my mom there is a pic of me when I’m about 2 and my stomach has ballooned so big because ‘my basket’ was full of strawberries!! Didn’t get sick though! I live in Toronto so what Strawberry Festival are you going to, this weekend?

111 Laura June 22, 2011

That shade of pink is stunning! my new favourite colour!
Can’t wait to try it.

112 Dana@TheSundaySweet June 22, 2011

Seriously, those pancakes look like heaven to me!! I want to be at home making those and lounging around with coffee in pajamas. Hopping over to that post now :)

113 Varsha June 22, 2011

I have been watching the progress you guys have been making at your deck, and I must tell you – its AMAZING!! Such stuff is unheard of in our parts.

114 Marysol June 22, 2011

There’s nothing like a gorgeous photograph to jump-start a craving!

I always have almond butter and almond milk on hand, yet I didn’t think to include them in the strawberry soup. And, I’m tickled (pink) that you were inspired by my soup.
Needless to say, we have gathered inspiration from each other. So I’d like to thank you, for showcasing this soup in a deliciously healthier light.

115 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2011

thank you for the inspiration! :)

116 Ana June 22, 2011

I just had banana soft serve for the first time (pumpkin flavored) and OMG so good! i saw yours months ago but since i dont like bananas (i know weird) i hadnt given it a shot but man im glad i did! thanks :)

117 maria@healthydiaries June 22, 2011

I made this last night after dinner and could not believe how good and simple it was! I seriously licked my cup clean! Thanks once again!

118 Sonia (the Mexigarian) June 22, 2011

Now I know what to make with the two half flats of strawberries I will be getting at the Farmers Market this weekend. Mua ha ha. This also reminds me of a Hungarian dish that I will be making tonight :D

119 Allison June 22, 2011

I can smell the strawberries as I am reading this! Yum!

I wanted to to let you know that though I am not vegan, your blog has had an unusual effect on my diet (don’t worry, in a GOOD way). I have been eating so many of the dishes you post on here, though I do still eat meat. The things in the middle, cheese, eggs, and other animal products have largely fallen by the wayside. Now when I cook your recipes and take them to parties, everyone is surprised when I announce, “It’s vegan!!!! and SO GOOD!!” (I’m even getting a few of my hardcore meat eating friends to realize, vegan does not equal gross.) Thanks for all the ideas and motivation to eat clean and be a healthier person!

120 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2011

thank you Allison, that makes me so happy to hear!!!

121 Rach June 22, 2011

These are completely gorgeous! Sounds so tasty! And your deck stairs look great :)

122 Anna June 22, 2011

Holy cow, this looks so amazing. I have the same attitude about strawberries…I could just eat them all day.
We had a strawberry festival in my town last weekend, so much deliciousness.

123 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 22, 2011

Yay! Peaches would be amaaaaazing.

124 Luv What You Do June 22, 2011

This soup looks so amazing! I always buy lots of strawberries at Costco or the market and I just bought almond extract to make almond butter. I can’t wait to try your recipe!

125 Lorin June 22, 2011

Can you just eat it right after you blend it? It seemes like a smoothie pretty much, a delicous one no doubt! I might have to thrown in some spinach for a green monster :)

126 JL goes Vegan June 23, 2011

Lovely idea, a strawberry soup!

127 Lisa K June 23, 2011

I cannot wait to make this tonight. I made the berry quinoa salad and it was the loveliest post workout breakfast on a hot summer Florida morning. Thank you for all your recipes, Angela!

128 Tracy June 23, 2011

Hi Angela! I just wanted to let you know that I check your site DAILY for updates. I love reading your posts! This soup looks yumalicious! I also have really been loving the deck pictures. I can’t wait to see it when it’s finished. You guys are doing a great job!

129 Ashley June 23, 2011

I can’t wait to make this! Chilled fruit soup is the perfect hot weather dish!

130 Aine @ Something to Chew Over June 24, 2011

This looks amazing, you’re so inventive! Though I’m not sure if the strawberries I just bought will survive long enough for me to make this, I’ve already eaten half of them! ;)

131 Amber June 26, 2011

This is my first comment on your blog. I read it regularly, and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing all of your wonderful recipes. I made your strawberry soup a few minutes ago. I’m going to have it for dessert after I have my veggie burger breakfast. I adapted the recipe for a single serving, and changed the flavour extract. Here’s what I used:

-170 grams strawberries
-1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
-1/2 tbsp raw almond butter
-1/8 tsp mint extract
-1/2 tbsp maple syrup

It’s very, very minty and sitting in my freezer right now to chill. I’m going to pick some mint leaves from my plant to garnish it. I was also thinking that some vegan dark chocolate shavings would be a nice garnish as well (but no chocolate blended into the actual soup).

Have you tried Artisana raw almond butter? It’s incredible. I can’t go a day without it. It tastes so fresh and adds an extra bit of ‘life’ to whatever you put it in :D

132 Nicole @sugarcoatedsisters June 26, 2011

I love strawberries and almond together. I love putting frozen strawberries into my almond-extract infused oat bran bowls. The nuttiness and sweetness of the fruit go so well together!

133 The Cozy Herbivore May 24, 2012

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the combination of strawberries and almonds. And I love that I have all of these ingredients in my fridge right now! Seems like just the thing for this warm spring night.

I wrote a compilation post about my favorite strawberry recipes (http://bit.ly/Kx5aYE) and I sure did include a link to this beautiful soup! Can’t wait to give it a try…

134 Angela (Oh She Glows) May 24, 2012

Thanks for the link love! Great list :)

135 Timmy August 28, 2012

Want to try this with organic strawberries mixed with a bit of blueberry’s. Yum