Blueberry Banana Pie Vegan Overnight Oats

There’s nothing more entertaining than a grown man wearing a pair of Crocs,

IMG_6917

a coordinating Mastercraft tool belt,

IMG_6883

while using power tools.

IMG_6869

He’s a keeper, for sure. :) heh

IMG_6904

We’ve been plugging away at the deck each night this week. By the time I pick up Eric from the train station and we have dinner it’s already 7:30-8pm, so we don’t have much time to work during the week. Thank goodness for the long daylight hours in the summer though!

IMG_6866

We can work til just past 9pm right now which is great. After we finish up, we often go for a nightly walk around the neighbourhood. I love spending so much time outdoors.

IMG_6874

Eric built this ‘bistro’ table-top that overlooks one side of the yard. We want to find some outdoor bistro chairs for this spot, but we’re having a hard time finding any in our price range. It may have to be a stand-up bistro for now!

IMG_6970-2

IMG_6974-2

The table top overlooks our future volleyball/badminton net!

IMG_6976-2

We bought a volleyball set back in May, but we haven’t had a chance to set it up yet. It’s going to be fun for get togethers this summer. Friends can watch the game with their beer and food on the bistro table!

We also decided not to put glass in the two sections of the deck for three reasons:

• Expense- It was going to be about 10 times the price of the regular black rods!
  • 2.5 weeks wait time for delivery
  • Lots of upkeep/cleaning

It was a nice idea, but not very practical for us. This weekend we’re going to continue with the black rods and finish it up. Finally, the 3 sets of stairs are left! Eric says the stairs are going to be the biggest learning curve of the entire deck.

My veggies continue to thrive despite my best efforts to sabotage them… ;)

IMG_6894

I’m not sure what’s going on with the yellowish leaves at the bottom of my kale and spinach…?

I feel like a new mother of sextuplets worrying about her newborn babies! Ok, ok not even close but you know what I mean. Eric always laughs because I check on the plants all the time to look for new growth or ‘danger signs’.

Our conversation goes a little something like this:

Me: ‘WHOA! Look how much the kale/spinach/pepper plants have grown! They are so much bigger today.’

Eric: ‘I don’t think they are any different than yesterday…’

Men!

IMG_6897

By the way, here is my rough garden plan if anyone is interested (click to enlarge)

IMG_0630

I’ll let you know how it goes at the end of the summer… ;)

Dill, anyone?

IMG_6898

Wussy dill plant can’t handle my wrath!

The rest of the herbs are doing well in their new spacious pots. I also planted some basil seeds in the 5th pot. Nothing beats fresh basil!

IMG_6899

Oh and the squirrels continue to break into my compost bin! I’m going to have to put some chicken wire around it this weekend I think…

For breakfast this morning, Eric and I enjoyed Blueberry Banana Pie Vegan Overnight Oats! I made a big batch last night, mixed it together, and breakfast was waiting for us when we came downstairs. Eric is hooked on vegan overnight oats lately. It took him a while to get over the strange texture, but now he’s cool with it. Adding crunchy granola and nuts really helps with the texture for him.

IMG_6969-2

This is so insanely delicious! It reminded me a bit like Blueberry Pie. Eric demolished about half of this casserole dish. :)

I have a lot of bakery orders to catch up on today, so I best get cracking. Canada Post also went on strike this week so I have a few shipping issues to sort out. Doh! The weather is cloudy and cool today (clearing in the late afternoon), so best to spend it inside getting things done.

Thankfully we have a fun BBQ gathering to look forward to tonight, so the day isn’t a complete wash.

As for Sunday, I’ll be waiting for the sun and 25C weather forecast.

IMG_6885

My hat is ready.

1 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 4, 2011

The deck and garden are looking great! I tried to convince my husband to build ours… but he lost his man-card and admitted he couldn’t do it! its hard work! you guys rock!

Have a great weekend! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

2 OSGMOM June 4, 2011

The garden and deck are coming along so well! Please hold that sunny 25C for my arrival. I can’t wait to see you both :)

3 Marissa June 4, 2011

that deck of yours is quite impressive! you’ve got yourself a SERIOUS handyman! i love the bistro area that he built, and i imagine that it will be great for your blog food photography too.

4 Molly @ RDexposed June 4, 2011

I’m eating pretty much the exact same thing as I read your blog! Mine isn’t vegan though. Definitely a good breakfast!

5 Christina @ The Athletarian June 4, 2011

The deck is looking better and better every day! I am so impressed with Eric’s deck-making abilities! He is definitely a handy man :D

Those overnight oats looks amazing. Bananas + blueberries = bliss. I first learned about them on your blog and tried them once and loved them! I’m definitely going to be eating them a lot more now that Toronto weather is getting warmer! I can swap my hot oats for cold oats now!

6 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) June 4, 2011

I’m not surprised Eric polished off half- I probably would’ve eaten all of it cos it looks so yummy! :D

And I LOVE your garden plan!! I want to grow veggies too!! Hehe that conversation between you and Eric is TOO FUNNY! Men! :P

7 Kim June 4, 2011

I love your progress reports on the garden– makes me miss having a yard where I can grow things!

FYI- Yellow Leaves usually means either too much or not enough water

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

that’s what I was afraid of! eek!

9 Lovethisblog June 4, 2011

Try letting it dry out between waterings and then watering it until the water comes out the bottom of the pot. That usually does the trick.

10 Kerry June 4, 2011

I love reading about your garden exploits. You are embracing the best part of gardening: laughing and learning from your mistakes and having a let go attitude about it! The little yellow leaves at the bottom of your kale is quite normal, I notice it all the time with my kale and they turn out just wonderfully!

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Thanks for the tip!

12 VeggieGirl June 4, 2011

Beautiful garden and oats!

13 Nicole @ Fresh & Fit June 4, 2011

Sweet crocks. I can’t believe how quickly the deck is coming together. You are lucky to have such a handy husband. I like the black rods, they give the deck nice character. Enjoy your gardening/ deck building/ BBQing weekend!

14 Radha June 4, 2011

I read your blog everyday and love it! Love your ‘backyard saga’ installments. And of course, your recipes <3 I am planning to make the Chocolate Torte for hubby since it is gluten free. Have a lovely summer.

15 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 4, 2011

Such I pretty dish! I really like the idea of making it in a larger portion. I do a single version just like it but without the syrup and with a scoop of protein. It’s a great post-workour breakfast! :)

16 Becki @ Bites 'n Brews June 4, 2011

One thing you should get him for more entertainment: a utilikilt. Men in skirts: priceless.

17 Krysta June 4, 2011

WOW! So impressed with the deck!

Check out overstock.com for affordable outdoor furniture. I’ve had success with them before and their shipping can’t be beat.

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Thanks!

19 Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 4, 2011

The deck looks great so far!! What a great idea to make overnight oats in casserole form. I love the combo of blueberries and banana.

20 Lauren June 4, 2011

The deck is looking so good and so are the garden plans! I can’t wait to get a yard of my own so that I can do fun things like this! I would love a garden. Also those oats are making me really hungry!

21 Holly @ The Runny Egg June 4, 2011

The deck looks beautiful! Too bad about the glass though.

My brother in law redid his deck last year and I remember the stairs was the hardest part — good luck to Eric!

22 Kate June 4, 2011

Your garden looks fantastic; my new plants are just starting to sprout after my dogs destroyed the first ones….animals seem to find their way into anything!

I do really love the ‘bistro’ countertop. The deck looks very nice too. At least Eric’s crocs are subtle neutral ones instead of the bright coloured orange or blue ones (or pink, but I don’t think he’d willingly get those). Now, those are just plain ugly and don’t match with anything.

23 Julie @ Shining From Within June 4, 2011

that’s such a good idea to make a big batch of VOO!
I gotta tell you.. be careful for the yellow leaves.. I think that means they’re gonna die! My tomatoes were vibrant green, then a few days later I got some yellow leaves, and soon after that they died. :( So keep a close eye on those babies of yours!

24 Nicole June 4, 2011

I have been keeping a close eye on my new veggie garden, too. We had to build an enclosed garden with cedar poles and chicken wire to keep the animals out. Coincidentally, the only plant that isn’t thriving is my dill! So its not just you ;)

25 Clare - Never Niche June 4, 2011

So this is super off topic but I just wanted to say that I’ve been reading your blog for over a year now and I deeply admire your marriage. The love between the two of you is so apparent and you seem to enjoy one another as friends too. I hope to have that someday.

26 Gina (Yogattude) June 4, 2011

I love the deck…it’s so fantastic that you two are able to build it yourselves and put your own personal touches on it…wow! I love summer BBQ’s and the late daylight hours…have fun!

27 Meredith June 4, 2011

Those overnight oats look sooo good. I’m definitely going to have to try them, I love blueberry and banana together! Great idea to make a few days worth of them!

28 char @ char on a mission June 4, 2011

So many those oats tonight…after I buy some blueberries, of course!!! I didn’t know Canada Post was on strike…that might make it a little hard for my hubby’s birthday present being delivered (so I’ll d’oh to that one)! I hope the rain holds off for your BBQ. I thought we were done with the rain here :( I hope so by tomorrow because I have a hike planned in Hockley!

29 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

I think they are striking in ‘waves’ or something? A couple of my shipments are running late…boo!

30 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 4, 2011

Hahah at least Eric’s belt and shoes match! And whatever it takes for him to complete the deck seems to be working so far!

I’m definitely making this blueberry overnight oats recipe tonight :)

31 Chloe (South Beach Girl) June 4, 2011

It’s awesome that Eric is so crafty! I remember when you guys were doing work on the inside of the house, and now you are on your way to a beautiful deck.
I also like the black rods better, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate not having glass panels in the winter or when there are teeny hands that press up against them and make hand prints :)

32 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

aha yea exactly! We have enough glass in the doors inside the house…

33 kaila @ healthy helper! June 4, 2011

Wow the deck looks great so far! What progress!!! And I just planted my garden today too….I am hoping everything goes well….I am in the mood for some fresh veggies!

34 Baking 'n' Books June 4, 2011

Yikes – they did go on strike didn’t they?! Hmm, they presents some serious problems.

Great job with the deck!

35 Ashley June 4, 2011

Ahhh, loving the deck!!! We’re about to head to Home Depot to get some things to build a little fire pit. I found a super cheap DIY fire pit on Young House Love. The VOO looks YUM!

36 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 4, 2011

Your deck looks so nice!!

37 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious June 4, 2011

Your deck is looking great – I think the black rods look really sharp!! I’m loving the overnight oats combo — breakfast that tastes like pie? Yes please!!

38 Sarah June 4, 2011

The deck is looking good! Way to go guys! As for your garden, you naturally have a green thumb :) Men, they can be such downers sometimes!

I made overnight oats last night too :)

Have a great weekend!

39 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 4, 2011

Haha ohhhh crocs ;) I need to switch up my cookie dough bowls — I love having something cold to eat first thang in the morning!

40 Mama Pea June 4, 2011

Totally off topic, but have you seen The Voice? Cee-Lo wears red shorts, a red t-shirt and man-sized red Crocs and every week, Lulu points at him and laughs hysterically. Grown men in Crocs are a riot.

41 Shannon @ My Place In The Race June 4, 2011

Definitely a keeper he is :D

The deck looks amazing so far! And so do those oats!! :P

42 Ashley June 4, 2011

at least he’s wearing men’s crocs! my husband wears my hot pink ones outside all the time, but says he “doesn’t like crocs”! :)

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Hah! It takes a confident man to wear pink…I like it.

44 O.C. June 4, 2011

Those oats look super yummy!
Your garden and deck are coming along really well. Gardening is so soothing to me. We have issues with animals in our compost too, though mostly just ants here in florida and I dont want to put any icky pesticides down to get rid of them.

45 The Healthy Hipster June 4, 2011

OH MAN! Tis the season for VOO and I have a costco sized bag of blueberries with this recipe’s name on them ;) Thanks for the lovely breakkie inspiration, Angela!

46 Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen June 4, 2011

haha Love it! The deck and garden are looking great!

47 Moni'sMeals June 4, 2011

Seriously Angela, you both should be so proud of your hard work with the garden and the deck, it looks SUPER! Yes, your hat is ready for you. :)

Now to this Blueberry Banana Overnight Pie Awesomeness! Yum. What a great recipe to have.

48 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 4, 2011

Is that cilantro next to your parsley? This is the 2nd yr mine has died. All my other herbs do fine and cilantro just dies at the first sign of heat. It’s killing me!
Your garden looks great and so does the deck!

49 kris (everyday oats) June 4, 2011

Loving the bistro table top! You have such a great yard for summer parties and fun!

50 Melanie June 4, 2011

Last year was the first year that I grew kale and some of the lower leaves on my plants yellowed too. It didn’t seem to affect the growth though. We ended up having a great crop of kale. (It could be due to a lot of moisture, as we seemed to have nothing but rain last summer–not much we could do about that!)

Your garden and your deck are looking great! It’s so much fun to see progress on something you do yourself! (My hubby and I re-did our deck a couple of years ago and are totally loving it!)

51 Amanda Jewell @ Science&Bananas June 4, 2011

man oh man those blueberry banana pie overnight oats look GOOOOOOD! Like a tall glass of… almond milk? :-)

52 Cara Craves... June 4, 2011

The weather does look a lot better for tomorrow…I was camping with my family in Elora and we got rained out today…hoping for lots of sunny rays for tomorrow!

53 Rachel June 4, 2011

I just want to thank you so much for the beautiful blog. I recently discovered your blog and I’ve been reading a lot of your older entries. Your posts on positive body image are so amazing. While I’ve never suffered from an actual ED, I have definitely suffered from negative body image my entire life. This past year was by far the worst for me. I had gained some weight from being away at school. While it hasn’t affected me in past years, I think that I just overdid it this year and I barely ever exercised. Although I didn’t gain too much, its enough so that some of my old summer clothes no longer fit me=/

Anyway, I am trying my best to overcome all this negativity and really appreciate my body. I learned that I have to do what’s going to make my body happy. This means not filling it with tons of junk and processed food. But this also means not starving it. This also means giving my body the exercise it needs but also the rest if I just can’t handle it. And no more negative thoughts either! My body is doing its absolute best with what I give it. I’ve really been trying hard to keep up with my exercise since I’ve been home and eat almost only whole foods and lots and lots of veggies! And I love GMs. I haven’t missed a day in a few weeks! And although I’ve been vegetarian for 4 years now, I’m about 80% vegan now. I also love how you don’t look down on readers who aren’t vegan. It’s all about progress! So thank you so much for this amazing blog. You are truly an inspiration =]

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your kindness! That makes me so happy. Congrats on all the great changes you are making for your health and happiness. I always say a few small changes really add up to something great overtime. One day it just hits you how well you are feeling. :)

55 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) June 4, 2011

Skylar currently has pink ones and before her current pair she had purple ones. They are the best for kids, easy on/easy off, no velcro or laces, waterproof and lightweight. No shame in Eric sportin some Crocs :)

I love the old school drawing of your gardening plot and plan. By hand with markers and highlighters for colors. That alone just makes me want to garden so I can make a legend for where I am planting things.

The oats look and sounds awesome…mmm, I’m hungry now.

Happy Weekend, Angela!

56 Justeen @ Blissful Baking June 4, 2011

The boyfriend is not a fan of the texture of vegan overnight oats either, but I think he’d willing to give this blueberry banana pie version a try. It looks SO delicious!

57 mariah (pictures pups and pies) June 4, 2011

We got fresh kale at the farmer’s market today- I can’t wait to make some kale chips and potato kale enchiladas! Your kale is coming along great!

58 mi-an June 4, 2011

your garden looks legit!!!! btw, i made the overnight oats with soft serve bnna ice cream the other day…layered them and everything..wowwww!! i’m in love. thanks!

59 Morgan @ Life After Bagels June 4, 2011

can I confess that when I was at your house a couple weeks ago I was staring longingly at your desk … I want a deck! Heck I would just settle for my landlord taking the pile of broken bricks and tree branches away from our driveway :P

60 Shelby June 4, 2011

Your garden looks amazing and you guys are doing a great job on that deck!!! :-D

Of course those blueberry banana overnight oats is to die for!!

61 Carar @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. June 4, 2011

What a great idea to have a bistro setup looking out into your beautiful yard. I see a great party or two in your future!

62 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 4, 2011

The deck is looking great! I bet you’re really looking forward to being able to have a BBQ on it. :)

What crazy weather we had today, eh? I heard a funnel cloud touched down at the Burlington farmer’s market! I can’t wait for sunshine tomorrow.

63 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit June 4, 2011

You’re right haha every time Kevin wears crocks I giggle a bit.
I have to tell you, I made your fruity baked oatmeal with almond topping last weekend for my in-laws and we all loved it to pieces! Thank you so much. Holy heck that stuff is GOOD!

64 megan @ the oatmeal diaries June 4, 2011

Haha love the Crocs! And your garden is coming along SO well! The breakfast looks beautiful and so summery :)

65 Aspin231 June 4, 2011

Off topic, sorry, but is Eric vegan/vegetarian?

66 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Nope, but he only eats meat a couple times a week and he also doesn’t consume much dairy. basically a flexitarian I guess you could say!

67 Jennie @ Oh Sweet Day! June 4, 2011

I am jealous it is SO warm on the other side of Canada- it’s been chilly here :(

Loving these overnight oats!

68 Eva June 4, 2011

I so loooove this site! Any suggestions for those of us who are gluten-free, too? I am at a loss for some of these recipes and the substitution of oats… especially the “raw chocolate chip cookies”!
I would love any feedback you have.
Thanks!
Eva

69 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Hmmm the only one I could think of is buckwheat groats. You can soak it overnight in almond milk and it gets softer I think…but I dont think it absorbs as much liquid so you might have to add more chia seeds and or less milk. I would try a small batch first to test it out.

70 Sportsgirl June 4, 2011

I’m sure the herbs are very happy in their new homes! They look great! I too love Basil and it grows very well for me from seed. I gave plants to my family members as gifts and they all did very well for them too!
Are you going to grow any strawberries?

71 Lou June 4, 2011

thank you soo much! please do post more recipes related to oats! you have the best ideas for overnight oats. champion.

72 laura June 4, 2011

The deck is looking great!
& another fabulous oat concoction of course :)

73 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats June 4, 2011

Thanks for the Overnight Oats reminder! I am putting them back in my breakfast rotation this week. ^_^

74 Ellie@fitforthesoul June 4, 2011

hahaha I totally agree that it’s really funny when grown men wear crocs.
It must be so exciting to grow your own plants and herbs Angela~I guess in a way, life is a lot like gardening. I’m sure there will be lots of wisdom coming out of gardening in the near future.

75 Ashley June 4, 2011

About your plants…
I have a black thumb as well, and a plant of mine turned yellow. My mom, a genius in the garden, said yellow leaves means that they have too much water. Give the plants a water break for a bit…I’m sure they will be ok.
Your deck is beautiful! And I love your blog!

76 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 4, 2011

Interesting, thanks! I guess the downpour rain we had today will not help! haha

77 Eat Hike Sleep Repeat June 4, 2011

Your deck is looking so good. Agree that the glass would be nice, but a pain to keep clean. Got to love a man who is good with tools. I’m finally getting a fence again! I think I will just sit back, watch and admire…

78 Alexandra June 4, 2011

The yellow leaves at the bottom look like cotyledons to me. The cotyledons are a seeds first leaves that grow above the soil. They usually die off as the plant matures. You don’t want to over water your baby plants either, just keep the soil moist like wet coffee grounds all of the time and you should be fine. :) I’ve worked at an organic garden and for several organic farms so I feel like a pretty credible resource on this :)

79 Bonnie June 4, 2011

YUM – I just whipped up a batch of those overnight oats and followed your recipe to a “T” for my husband and my early morning tomorrow…already had a few bites (my favorite part of prepping bfast the night before!) and looking froward to it tomorrow. Thanks!

80 Julie - StressStories June 5, 2011

I can’t believe how great that deck looks! I love that way of building, which is completely different from how houses usually look in Denmark where I live. But I’m hoping that someday I’ll be able to build my own deck like that.
Funny you’d mention the texture of the overnight oats, which is actually the only reason I haven’t tried them yet. Perhaps I just ought to jump at it…

81 Cher June 5, 2011

Wow! Impressed, and LOVE the choice in footwear. Especially since I work for them! ;)

82 Cher June 5, 2011

83 Cait's a Runnerchick June 5, 2011

dang that deck is coming along! and way to go on the garden, you both have my full respect being that i could barely hammer a nail in straight and i’ve got a brown thumb! haha. and way to rock those crocs baby! :)

84 jess white June 5, 2011

yor food never fails to amaze me. i love how you prove all the sxeptics wrong about vegan-/vegetarianism.

85 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2011

aww thanks Jess!

86 ellalinea June 5, 2011

Hahaha love the little map you made for your veggies! It seems like they’re really growing huh! :)

You guys are doing such a great job on the deck, it really looks so prof done!

87 The Teenage Taste June 5, 2011

Glad to hear the deck is coming along well. It must be pretty frustrating though. At least your two are having fun with it! ;-)

88 Lisa June 5, 2011

I really enjoy reading your blog. Great recipes for someone who is lactose intolerant.
I showed my husband the pic of your dill (RIP)…he says it needs full sun and it was over watered. Do those pots have proper drainage? What about trying to plant it in the ground? You should try again.

89 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 5, 2011

ohhh thanks!

90 Robyn June 5, 2011

I have been LOVING your blog and wonderfully good for you, original recipes! I think I like looking at the pictures(almost) as much as making and tasting them. I only “discovered” your site in the last month or so…..but have made ALL of your green monsters and overnight oats, and am creating my own too(thankyou!!)
Also have decided to start training and racing(5-10K) for next spring, so I like hearing your ideas and information on your workouts as well…
Your deck, garden and yard look awesome,,,,

91 Roz June 5, 2011

Your deck is looking fantastic! I’m planting my herb containers today! Hope mine thrive too. Have a good rest of the weekend.

92 Nathalie June 5, 2011

Your deck is looking fantastic!!! I also love that you’re going to put a couple of glass panes in as to not block the view to the garden- genius ;-)
Crocs…so disturbingly ugly…yet soooo wonderful! I really do have a love/hate relationship with them- mostly love though :-) Even the bf got a pair now, even though he was making fun of them when I first got them.
Re the kale…I don’t think it’s too much to worry about when the bottom leaves go yellow, I noticed that on mine but had a super harvest of kale. Could be that they got a bit too much water though, or that they maybe need some feeding? I use a home-made nettle or comfrey brew once a week…stinks but works a treat! But I am by no means an expert on growing stuff…still quite a newbie to growing my own veg.

93 tweal June 5, 2011

The deck looks great, and I love the bistro table idea. What a fun yard you will have once the v-ball net is up.

94 Kathy June 5, 2011

I’m going to have to try the VOO!
You said you have a black thumb right? I think it turned into a green one because you’re growing a whole bunch of things and nothing’s bad has happened so far (…was that a jinx?! I hope not!). I’m growing carrots (perfect weather for carrots, right? I mean, it’s’ almost summer!) and they’re actually growing! I might move them inside (where there’s going to be air conditioning) when it gets hotter out. Then I planted some spinach plants. Not too sure if they’ll grow, however.
By the way, I love all your recipes! I’ve bookmarked and tried them and loved them. Especially the no-bake things. Speaking of which, once the weather gets warmer, I’m going to make more of the no-bake cookies+cakes from here :)

95 Kelsey June 5, 2011

yum! love the sound of those overnight oats! Can’t wait to try.

Hilarious about the crocks/tool belt coordination ha :)

96 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 5, 2011

you guys really are decking superstars!!!

97 Liz @ IHeartVegetables June 5, 2011

Hahaha I love the socks + crocs combo.

Good luck on the garden! I planted mine a few weeks ago and it’s coming in nicely! I’m so excited to try recipes with “my” produce!!! :)

Those oats look fantastic, too!

98 Kelly J. R. June 14, 2011

I just made this last night and, OH – YUM! We’re going on a 2-week camping trip this summer and I can assure you that voo will be hanging out in our cooler. I’m excited about not having to fire up the camp stove in the morning!

99 Andrea July 19, 2012

I made this recipe for the Blueberry Banana Pie VOO for breakfast and it is so delicious… I think I gobbled this down faster than I have any breakfast in a LONG time… I want more!!

100 Carolyn September 3, 2012

Having trouble with your website this week. When I click a link I get a page with a banner ad for HP and nothing else. Thought you should know.

101 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 4, 2012

Hey Carolyn, Im sorry to hear that! Are you still experiencing strange things? We just switched our ad servers.

102 Carolyn September 4, 2012

Hi Angela,
Thanks for responding. Yes, still having trouble today. I posted this same message on your FB page just in case you didn’t see this one. Sorry for the duplicate. Hope you can fix it. I love your recipes. Use them all the time. Refer friends to your site and can’t wait for your cookbook!
Carolyn

103 Maria January 28, 2013

Just prepared one with coconut water (from a can, so with just a little creaminess cos I coudn’t avoid some of the cream to ‘melt’) and will add some PB or almond butter in the morning! Curious… can’t wait :)

104 Jenn February 19, 2013

I just made this last night/enjoyed it this morning!

Delicious. And sort of like dessert for breakfast.

J

105 Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile June 18, 2013

I had this this morning for breakfast and they were SO good. I made them in an empty peanut butter jar so I got to scrape peanut butter off the sides :)

106 melissa February 25, 2014

Can you use quick oats for this or does it have to be rolled oats?

107 melissa February 26, 2014

can you use frozen blueberries?

108 Tash December 18, 2014

Has anyone tried soaking this overnight then baking it???

109 Emma Smith May 27, 2015

These overnight oats are INCREDIBLE!!!! I just finished mine! But mine was a variation. I didn’t have any maple syrup so really, I just mashed a banana, added some almond milk, 3/4 cup of rolled oats, vanilla bean, and sprinkled blueberries on top. Then sprinkled that all with cinnamon.
Oh my gosh. Tastes like a blueberry muffin!!!! Thank you, Angela!!!!!

110 Jessie August 17, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! It is SO easy to make…and it lasts all week long! For a single, active girl on the go…It is so easy for me to just grab and go to work. Five stars for sure…I’m making it for non-vegan fam and friends on a trip to the mountains this weekend, so wish me luck :)

111 Angela Liddon August 17, 2016

Good luck, Jessie! Hope you have a great trip.