Raw Triple Berry Crisp

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 17, 2011

IMG_5754

Thank you for your Birthday Wishes! I had a pretty low key day since we both worked, but the evening was fun. The restaurant we wanted to go to was closed on Mondays, so we are going tonight instead. We made Channa Masala together (using this recipe) and I opened a few gifts!

IMG_5792

One of which was a 5 in 1 Reflector Kit for my photography. I’m so excited to use this! [nerd alert]

IMG_0554

You can expand it over 10 feet and it also lowers to the ground too, which is the height I will use the most. It has silver, black, white, gold, and diffusion.

It will be lots of fun playing around with this thing!

Or for spontaneous animal shows when my nephews arrive in July??? ;)

IMG_0561

IMG_0568 IMG_0559IMG_0567

I also got some kitchen stuff that will be appearing on the blog shortly I’m sure. :)

Oh, and we also shared the last piece of the delicious Whole Food’s Vegan Chocolate Cake, complete with Coconut Bliss ‘ice cream’. :)

YUM!!!

IMG_5799

Now back to this delicious berry crisp that I made for my party on Saturday! I thought a raw crisp would be more Spring-like and fun to serve chilled instead of warm. It turned out great and the recipe was so easy to throw together.

IMG_5748-2

This dessert couldn’t be easier! Just prep the berries, topping, and add into a casserole dish!

IMG_5741 IMG_5739

IMG_5745

Voila :)

IMG_5747

This crisp does not keep well overnight, so please be sure to mix it just prior to serving. The leftovers the next day were quite watery because there is no corn starch or arrowroot powder to soak up the water.

IMG_5752

Enjoy with Coconut Bliss Vanilla Bean ‘ice cream’ or your favourite frozen dessert.

IMG_5775-2

Have a great Tuesday!

Tiffany May 17, 2011 at 8:00 am

YUM! I love any kind of crisps and the berries look great! Happy belated birthday! :)

jenna May 17, 2011 at 8:07 am

what a perfect summer treat!! this looks amazing! your reflector kit looks awesome! :)

Chad @ thebreakupnote May 17, 2011 at 8:09 am

I hope to have one of those reflector kits one day… one day *sigh*

Your berry crisp looks absolutely gorgeous.

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans May 17, 2011 at 8:10 am

Yum! Chana masala sounds perfect for a birthday dinner..I may have to borrow that idea for mine this week!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 17, 2011 at 8:10 am

Oooh very cool reflector kit!! Isn’t it so annoying how some restaurants aren’t open on Mondays? I’ve discovered that a couple of times recently as well. I am so glad you posted this recipe because it was SO delicious! I’m glad you two had fun last night, and enjoy your Italian tonight! A 4-day birthday is awesome!

Sabrina May 17, 2011 at 8:10 am

Oh man I must make this! It would follow great after a Panzanella!! The perfect fresh summer meal! I am wondering what I could use to sub out the Pecan though, Do you think Hazel nuts would be okay or would you just double the walnuts? We dont have Pecans in Italy ;( I always have to figure out what else to use. (its not easy to replace a pecan).

Grazie!
Sabs.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 10:28 am

Almonds? :)

Sabrina May 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Yeah I will try it with Almonds! Thanks girl!

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 17, 2011 at 8:21 am

I’m glad you had a nice birthday!

The crisp looks so delicious. I love that berries are so fresh (and cheap!) right now.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 17, 2011 at 8:26 am

This looks so fresh, light, and healthy – another wonderful recipe!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 17, 2011 at 8:30 am

absolutely divine!! you get so much cookin done in ur house!! i bet u have tons of leftovers! or really.. probably not- with your delicious food id be hard to leave anything behind :P

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) May 17, 2011 at 8:32 am

love fresh berries! so glad summer is finally approaching :)

heidi May 17, 2011 at 8:33 am

This looks delicious. I can’t wait to try it. Congrats on your reflector kit. I’m sure that will come in handy.

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming May 17, 2011 at 8:42 am

What a healthy spin on fruit crisp! I’ve been craving a good crisp lately that’s not laden with fat.
Thanks for sharing :D

Sabine @ thefruitpursuit May 17, 2011 at 8:46 am

mmmmm looks amazing! although probably not technically raw, as even uncooked oats are usually steamed before they’re rolled & cut!

Michelle (your girlfriend for fitness) May 17, 2011 at 8:50 am

I will definitely have to use this for an upcoming function, or just for myself. :) It looks so easy to put together and incredibly delicious.

[email protected] DiVa DiSh May 17, 2011 at 8:55 am

Oh Yum! It reminds me of summer :) Glad you had a great birthday!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living May 17, 2011 at 8:59 am

This gorgeous crisp recipe will come in handy when it becomes too hot to turn on the oven!

Toast May 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

It looks absolutely gorgeous.

megan @ whatmegansmaking May 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

I am so excited to hear how you like that reflector! Would you have any interest in writing a post showing the same photo using the reflector different ways? Would love to see it :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 10:29 am

that would be fun!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 17, 2011 at 9:05 am

Glad your birthday was good!! I hope you enjoy tonight too!!

This crisp is awesome, great idea for sunshiney weather!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet May 17, 2011 at 9:05 am

This looks delicious and so healthy…. definitely could be breakfast food!

JorDanna May 17, 2011 at 9:08 am

Nom, nom, nom!! :D

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 17, 2011 at 9:16 am

Angela it looks wonderful!

I love!!! the 1st pic. Truly a spectacular shot! I love that Eric helps you with your photo shoots and setting things up. The biggest “help” that Scott can give to me when Im shooting food is to….get lost! haha! “Dont bother me, Im busy”..famous last words of mine!

The recipe looks great. I make a raw, well no-bake, vegan apple crumble. It’s got oats, almond flour, dates, brown sugar, agave, as part of the crumble topping and the crust too. Slightly different rations and it’s funny, that crumble gets BETTER as time passes, not more watery. Cooking is such an experiment, isn’t it! I want to experiment with your recipe next :)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman May 17, 2011 at 9:23 am

Happy belated birthday!

This looks so good–and summery! If I didn’t eat the last of my berries I’d want to make this.

Bridget May 17, 2011 at 9:24 am

Wow, that crisp looks amazing! Those pictures alone have convinced me to make this today!

[email protected] Healthy Helper blog! May 17, 2011 at 9:25 am

Mmm Mmmm that crisp or rather “uncrisp” lol….looks fabulous!!! So summery and pretty…it would be perfect for the fourth of july!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods.com May 17, 2011 at 9:35 am

So colorful and gorgeous!

Shanna, Like Banana May 17, 2011 at 9:36 am

Love berry crisps. Love love love ’em!

And your orange wall looks so great!

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers May 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

Totally agree with Shanna. Ditto!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 10:30 am

thanks!

Andrea B. @ Vegvacious May 17, 2011 at 9:40 am

Great birthday gift!! I can’t imagine how you can make your photos any more beautiful!!

This berry crisp looks so simple and delicious! I love chilled berry desserts inthe warmer months – especially with coconut ice cream!

Enjoy your birthday dinner tonight!

Hannah May 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

Mmmm I was waiting for this recipe ever since you hinted about it the other day! Thank you thank you!

Erica May 17, 2011 at 9:45 am

Happy belated birthday! What a great celebration!! The crisp sounds and looks amazing- I want some!

Julie @ Shining From Within May 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

that light reflector is awesome!!! Your photography has evolved so much over the years and keeps on getting better. :) it’s absolutely stunning. I love crisps and I hate waiting for them to bake so this will be perfect for me since I can just dig right in. :D
Maybe you can add chia seeds to soak up the liquid?? or flax?? I’m going to experiment!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 10:30 am

that might be worth a shot! :)

Thanks for your compliment too!

Nancy May 17, 2011 at 9:57 am

So glad you shared this one with us. I had some of it and I wanted to eat the whole dang casserole dish. So good. I sent this to my Boyfriend – and I’m definitely re-creating it this summer :)

Wendy Irene May 17, 2011 at 10:04 am

Happy Belated Birthday! Have a great time going out to dinner tonight! I just came across your blog and am really excited about it because this month I am test driving a Vegan diet. I LOVE it so far. I bought Rhubarb this weekend because I knew I wanted to make a crisp of some sort. This recipe is perfect for it. Thank you!!! Have a beautiful day :)

Heather (heathers dish) May 17, 2011 at 10:04 am

This sounds amazing!!! If you hadn’t said it was raw I wouldn’t have even noticed!

Stacey @ Here's to Life May 17, 2011 at 10:09 am

That crisp looks delicious! What a perfect summer dessert! Thanks!

kate May 17, 2011 at 10:09 am

Ahh that crisp looks amazing I cant wait for berries to be in season, yours look so bright and colorful!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 17, 2011 at 10:10 am

Such an neat, simple party idea for the summer! I love the low-sugar aspect, too. Summers make me want everything lighter and more “natural” or raw in taste.

Looks like a successful birthday! How was the WF vegan chocolate cake? As good and homemade?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 10:31 am

it was awesome :)

ellalinea May 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

Oh dear, those berries look amazing! They’re almost in season here, yippie!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 17, 2011 at 10:28 am

Wow. That reflector kit looks pretty hard core. I am excited to see you play around with this too. I mean.. your photos are already amazing..so I can’t wait to see what this can do!

Julie (A Case of the Runs) May 17, 2011 at 10:30 am

Who got you that screen? It looks awesome!

The crisp looks great! It’s totally cold here right now (at least for me), but it would be excellent in a couple of months when it warms a bit.

Emily May 17, 2011 at 10:33 am

That berry crisp looks so fresh and fruity! I can’t believe how bright the berries are, packed with antioxidants I’m sure!

Lisa Fine May 17, 2011 at 10:33 am

Raw honey would work as a substitute too! [Plus, it’s often available locally.]

Glad you had a great birthday, and I’m so curious to see comparison photos with your new reflector.

Lauren May 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

Looks so delicious, a raw crisp is an awesome idea!

Lizzie May 17, 2011 at 10:46 am

A bit on the tardy side, but Happy Birthday Angela!!! :)

Heather May 17, 2011 at 10:50 am

Happy belated birthday Angela. Sounds like you have a wonderful bday celebration weekend.

The berry crisp looks delicious! A must try very soon!

Christina May 17, 2011 at 10:52 am

That crisp looks so summery I cant wait to make it! Hopefully next weekend I’ll be able to get to the farmers market and get some good fruits :)

Your bday sounds like it was tons of fun also! Sometimes it’s just nice to relax at home and have dinner and open gifts. And who wouldn’t love opening the reflector kit! I have no clue what it’s for but it looks so professional and fun! Especially the animal creatures that lingered around ;)

Ashley May 17, 2011 at 10:59 am

This crisp looks so good! I love spring– it makes me crave, much more than in winter, for more fruits and veggies. I’m definitely putting this on my list of things to try! I’ve been wanting to try that Coconut Bliss ‘ice cream’– but I don’t know which flavor to try first! Any suggestions?

Ragnhild May 17, 2011 at 11:01 am

I love Raw Crisps, I have made so many from Ani Phyo! And this one looks delicious :)

Roz May 17, 2011 at 11:01 am

Looks like a great birthday. Laughed out loud at the animal shadow!!! Have a great day.

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather May 17, 2011 at 11:09 am

Such a great summery dessert!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 17, 2011 at 11:13 am

I much prefer my berries raw than cooked, so this recipe looks perfect! I love that it’s so fresh and natural. :D

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food May 17, 2011 at 11:22 am

That looks so good! Almost all of my desserts in the summer contain some type of berry! I can’t wait to try this one! :-)

Moni'sMeals May 17, 2011 at 11:29 am

Nice Recipe Angela! I have another title for you too…”Raw Triple Berry Crisp THREAT!”

I agree with others, that I like my berries raw over cooked. This looks extra good!

Vivianne May 17, 2011 at 11:31 am

That looks SO AMAZING. Especially because it’s so summery! With strawberries coming in season I might just have to make this on the next hot summer day… to serve with ice cream of course! (:

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 17, 2011 at 11:37 am

What a fun birthday present!

birdie to be May 17, 2011 at 11:39 am

This looks amazing! I love granola type food with fresh fruit! YUM

www.birdietobe.blogspot.com

Brittany @B Out There May 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm

This is so coming on a picnic with me. Also, that light kit looks AWESOME. I’ve got natural light all day (and night) living in the Yukon, but I’m having a heck of a time trying to manipulate it properly for photos. boo :(. That kit will give you some serious options!

Maria May 17, 2011 at 1:06 pm

This looks like the perfect picnic treat! I’ll have to give it a go.

Shay May 17, 2011 at 1:19 pm

What fun presents! The reflector looks like a spaceship of some kind–your nephews will most definitely enjoy their cool aunt’s UFO/shadow puppet maker.

Happy belated birthday! Enjoy round 2 tonight.

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Great birthday presents! I can’t wait to see what kitchen things Eric got you!
I can’t believe I’ve never thought to make a raw fruit crisp! I bet it’s refreshing, crisp, and delicious.
Have a great time at dinner tonight, it’s nice that your birthday celebrations have spanned a couple of days. Take advantage of the special time!

Katy (The Singing Runner) May 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Oh my goodness! Looks divine! The perfect summer dish! Now I want to go to a BBQ just so I can make this! :)

Stephanie @LungesandLunch May 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I can’t wait for Ontario strawberries. This dish was so great, I’m glad you brought it out for us! It’s such a great balance of sweet and light.

[email protected] Dishes Daily May 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm

The only word that comes to mind is…”incredible”. That with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and I’m in heaven.

Carly May 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I’m so behind in the blog world….Happy Belated!!
Your crisp looks delicious and makes me loathe being allergic to nuts!

Erin May 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Do you ever cook/bake with coconut sugar? It is FABULOUS! Tastes like brown sugar (no coconut flavor) with a hint of carmel. I use it to replace other sugar in most recipes because the glycemic index is so low (only 35!). If you haven’t already, you should give it a try!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Not yet but I want to!!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 17, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I love how simple this is! If you keep the topping on hand, you could easily make this any night of the week! And I think I will….. ;)

Jenny May 17, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Angela,
Hi there! I’ve been reading your blog for several months now and just love your recipes and perspective on life! I’ve tried several of your recipes and they are all AMAZING!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your gift with us all!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm

thank you!

Melissa @ Vegan CacaoBee May 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Sounds delicious! I think I might pair it with some coconut whipped cream. Yum! Thanks for the recipe. Happy (belated :( sorry) Birthday!!!

Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA May 17, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I love how the berries are left unadulterated. They’re so perfect and beautiful! Raw desserts are the best.

bitt of raw May 17, 2011 at 4:42 pm

You know what would soak up the water? Chia seeds, or ground chia. I’ve done that before with raw crisps.

Angel7 May 17, 2011 at 4:43 pm

That Raw Triple Berry Crisp looks awesome! I cannot wait to make it!

Justeen @ Blissful Baking May 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I love warm berry crisp with a scoop of melting ice cream on top, but a raw version sounds great too! Perfect for spring/summer!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) May 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm

oh this looks scrumptious!

The Teenage Taste May 17, 2011 at 6:06 pm

This crisp looks delicious! I tend to like baked crisps cold anyways so I bet I’d love this! :-D

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) May 17, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Sweet gift!!!! Your photography is always so incredible – I think some foodie magazines are going to be hunting you down to be there photographer!

Ashley May 17, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Oooh, the light set looks so fun!! The berry crisp looks incredibly delicious. I bet the leftovers would be good stirred into oats. :) I’m in love with the 2nd to last photo!

Aja May 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm

3 things:
happy belated birthday
your reflector kit looks awesome!
and that berry thing looks delish.

Paige @Running Around Normal May 17, 2011 at 8:39 pm

This looks delicious, Angela! I read your birthday weekend post – sounds like you had a great time! Happy belated birthday :)

Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm

That crisp looks divine. I love putting berries on everything when they’re in season. They add such beautiful color to whatever you’re eating!

Sara @BakingandWine May 17, 2011 at 9:30 pm

That looks so tasty and wonderful for summer! I just bought a big thing of strawberries. The baby loves them, haha.

I really need a food processor dang it. I have been not so subtly hinting to the husband that he should get me one, ha.

McKayla (green groats) May 17, 2011 at 10:37 pm

That looks amazing. Berries just make me happy because they are so colorful!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 18, 2011 at 3:55 am

This looks amazing. A great way ot use those fantastic summer berries too! :D

Sharleen May 18, 2011 at 5:59 am

The apple crisp looks delicious! I may try to make that today :) Where did you purchase the stand for your reflector? I bought the exact same one a few months ago!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 18, 2011 at 8:04 am

It came with the stand :)

Jennifer Drummond May 18, 2011 at 6:20 am

Hi Angela,

I make this recipe from the WF site. Actually I refrigerate and it lasts me about 3 or 4 days. The fruit does get a little soggy, but not much, but the flavor with the Maple Syrup added makes it so juicy and sweet. I put it in my yogurt, or heat up in the microwave with a dollop of whip cream, put it on ice cream, I even have put it in my oatmeal. So for me, I don’t mind it sitting in the fridge for a few days.

Happy Be-lated Birthday!!! By the way how are you doing on your garden? Have you decided on what plants to plant?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 18, 2011 at 8:04 am

I will be buying the plants this weekend and planting! Deets to come

Crystal May 18, 2011 at 6:45 am

Your pictures are always beautiful! I’m new to blogging and struggling with poor picture quality from my point-and-shoot Nikon. What recommendations do you have in beginning to search for a new camera that is reasonably priced?

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) May 18, 2011 at 7:46 am

Looks like so much fun, so sad I missed it! The crisp looks delish :)

xo

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. May 18, 2011 at 7:51 am

OMG. This looks SO yummy. Can’t wait until berries, organic, are plentiful & cheaper!

Maria @ Scandifoodie May 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm

The reflector kit sounds like a perfect birthday present!
I love how colourful, fresh and cheerful this crisp looks, I’ll have to give it a go!
And the vegan chocolate cake looks so yummy too!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit May 18, 2011 at 5:47 pm

This looks delish! Happy Belated Birthday!

melissa June 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm

how many calories are in a serving of the crisp?

Miche April 1, 2013 at 9:21 am

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would go ahead and comment anyway :)

I made this yesterday morning for an Easter brunch and all of the non-vegans of my boyfriend’s family gobbled it up! I had a little more than a servings worth leftover when the brunch was over. Not wanting to waste any of it I put it on top of a batch of steel cut oats this morning for breakfast, and it was delicious! I agree that it gets a bit too mushy overnight, but the consistency still worked beautifully as a topping to the oats.

I figured I would post my findings in the comment section in case anyone else happens to have a bit leftover, and is wondering what they can possibly do with it :)

Garcinia HCA And Cleanse Catalyst March 21, 2014 at 9:43 am

Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and
say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring
blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers?
I’d definitely appreciate it.