Sunny White Sangria

IMG 5727   Sunny White Sangria

When the sun won’t shine for your birthday party, make a Sunny Sangria instead. :)

I’ve been gearing up the past couple days for my birthday party tonight. We’re having about 25-30 people over so it should be a great time! This makes the first of two birthday potlucks this weekend. We have another with family tomorrow at our place too. Hopefully, the house is still standing by then, but I’m not making any promises. ;) My actual birthday is Monday and Eric is taking me out for dinner.

I better loosen my belt!

For today’s party I’m making Sunny White Sangria, Raw Triple Berry Fruit Crisp, Homemade Edename Hummus & veggies, chips & Nacho cheeze sauce, salsa, and Eric is going to fire up the BBQ. Friends are bringing along a savoury or sweet dish, so I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of food!

IMG 5715   Sunny White Sangria IMG 5719   Sunny White Sangria

Back to this Sunny White Sangria. You know, the one I was taste-testing at 8am this morning? Sometimes a birthday girl just needs a little wine for breakfast to kick off her day.

I’ve actually never made a White Sangria before, only red, so this was a new experience for me. I thought a White Sangria would be nice and Spring-like. Being the fruit lover that I am, I loaded this with orange, lemon, lime, mango, and pineapple slices, kissed with orange juice and natural cane sugar. It turned out pretty darn fantastic and I’m sure it will taste even better after chilling for the next 8 hours.

IMG 5733   Sunny White Sangria

Sangria, I’ll see you tonight! muhauha.

IMG 5736   Sunny White Sangria

In the meantime, I have some deck updates for you…

IMG 0350   Sunny White Sangria

Eric took a few days off work this week and Shayne and Dan helped him each day. They got so much done! It was such a great week weather-wise for deck building too.

IMG 0339   Sunny White Sangria

I’m so excited to be able to walk straight out onto the deck from the back door! I can’t believe I can finally walk on the deck now.

IMG 0374   Sunny White Sangria

There will be stairs going down in the middle (and stairs on each end).

IMG 0381   Sunny White Sangria

IMG 0375   Sunny White Sangria

I think they are doing such a wonderful job. You’d never know that a professional didn’t do this.

IMG 0377   Sunny White Sangria

When Eric made the deck plan, he wanted to include a couple sections with diagonal boards and they turned out really nice. It was a bit more work with math & measuring, but the result was worth it.

IMG 0378   Sunny White Sangria

This is all that remains for the base. After this comes the railing and stairs. The weather is calling for rain for a week straight, so it probably won’t be touched until end of next week, unless that changes!

IMG 0379   Sunny White Sangria

I’m off for a little hot yoga to kick off my day and then back to work getting this place ready for tonight.

Coming up, I have a delicious Raw Triple Berry Crisp to share. Have a great Saturday!

Miriam May 14, 2011

I don’t usually drink al lot but that sangria looks delicious! Happy birthday in advance, I hope you’ll have lots of fun! :))

Sara May 14, 2011

Wow I’ve never heard of that type of sangria, looks awesome! Actually it looks like sun tea…I might have too much. The deck looks great. Eric is a jack of all trades! Enjoy the party!!

The Teenage Taste May 14, 2011

I love the progress you two are making with the deck. It’s going to look beautiful! :-D

WIERDGREENMAN May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday! (Kind of.) The fruit looks amazing!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat May 14, 2011

WOW!! The deck looks amazing! Happy Early Birthday my dear, and I can’t wait to see (and enjoy some sangria) with you tonight!! :) Have fun at yoga!

Nicole May 14, 2011

You might want to make a third batch of that Sangria, because I’m going to be all over it tonight! Hehe ;) It’s my favourite spring/summer drink. Too bad about the weather today, but don’t let that put a damper on the party!

Angela L. May 14, 2011

This looks AMAZING!!! Thank you for posting, I can’t wait to try it when we recieve our shipment of my house hold goods that has our wine collection in it. We just moved back to the USA from Italy, so our house hold goods are in storage until Friday.

Angela L. May 14, 2011

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition May 14, 2011

Happy early birthday! Oprah knows what’s up. That Sangria looks delicious.

Nicole @ Fresh & Fit May 14, 2011

That sangria is right up my alley! I have only had the regular red sangria but this looks amazing! I love anything with pineapple and mango!

I can’t believe how quickly the deck is coming along! It looks great! You will be deck lounging in the sun in now time!

Julie @ Shining From Within May 14, 2011

yay for birthdays :) you better bring it in with a bang! your deck is coming out gorgeous. it’s HUGE too!! I would sun bathe on that deck 24/7.
i love sangria but I’ve only ever had red and white seems so refreshing for spring! I’ll give to give it a go.

Gina @Runningtothekitchen May 14, 2011

Have a great birthday weekend, rain or shine! The deck looks great. I love diagonal boards to switch things up. The builder actually did that with our wood floors inside our house in two of our rooms and I love it :)

susie May 14, 2011

Wow, that looks good. My lil man. Turns 2 today so we wont have sangria but we do have an elmo jumphouse lol ;) happy early bday. Enjoy your party!

sam May 14, 2011

I was wondering if you could make a graham cracker, or animal cracker recipe using no butter or oil. I have been trying to look for one online but i cant find any!!!! Thank youu!

Ashley May 14, 2011

The deck looks outstanding!!! Way to go Eric + crew! Happy happy pre-birthday!! I’ve never made sangria, but love it. The fruit shots are gorgeous. So vibrant. Have a great weekend lovely!! xo

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places May 14, 2011

That sangria looks to die for! I want some!
The deck is coming along very nicely! Definitely could never tell it wasn’t done by a professional! The diagonal part look beautiful!
Have a great birthday party! :D

Abby White@Eat, Drink and Be Aware May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Angela! I hope you have a great birthday weekend and the deck + sangria look great. Have fun at yoga!

katie May 14, 2011

the deck looks GREAT!! I feel old actually admiring a deck lol but it’s seriously so nice. It sounds like its gonna be quite the weekend, happy early birthday!!!

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 14, 2011

The deck looks beautiful! And it definitely looks professional!

I love sangria and it is the perfect choice for a big party meal. Happy (early) Birthday!

Bethany @ More Fruit Please May 14, 2011

Yum! I think that you’ll have to make this sangria again in a few weeks to celebrate your new deck. White sangria just screams backyard decks in the summer!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 14, 2011

Happy Early Birthday! I don’t know if I’ve ever seen white sangria, but this looks divine; I think the fruits you chose to include are a big part of why it must work so well….mmm :)

Congrats on the deck coming along — it really does look professional!

Suzanne May 14, 2011

I don’t know what to comment on first…the GORGEOUS fresh sangria, the AWESOME, professional-looking deck, or your bday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

Pam May 14, 2011

YUM!! This looks so good, I will have to try it soon! Hope that you have a wonderful few days of celebrating!! And Happy Birthday!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans May 14, 2011

I love sangria!!

Happy early Birthday!

Bronwyn May 14, 2011

That sangria looks absolutely delicious! So sunny and spring like! I think it would fit well with brunch as well.

Sam May 14, 2011

Happy early birthday! I have the same birthday as you haha! But I’m probably ten years younger than you. I am obviously not allowed to drink but I think my mom will really love this. She loves sangria!! :D

stephie May 14, 2011

Have a great party!!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a blast tonight!!!

The deck is GORGEOUS! outside living is so great!!

carol May 14, 2011

Hi Angela, Happy early birthday! The deck is coming along great! The sangria looks so yummy! I have a thing for lemons so this really turned me on!

Nikita May 14, 2011

Happy (early) Birthday! That sangria looks amazing! I’ve seen recipes for white sangria before, but never had any. It looks refreshing!

Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily May 14, 2011

I’ve never been a huge sangria fan but that looks amazing. I’m a sucker for citrus.

Abby May 14, 2011

Happy Early Birthday! I hope you have a great time celebrating with your friends and family. That is my plan for today as well because it is my birthday! :)

kaila @ healthy helper! May 14, 2011

I did hot yoga this morning! We are Saturday twins! :)
Can’t wait for that raw fruit crisp recipe! It sounds amazing!

Therese May 14, 2011

I’m so sad I can’t make it tonight (and I just realized, did I even RSVP?!?!?!?!) but it sounds like it’ll be a blast! Have loads of fun!!!

Julie May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday! I hope your new year is filled with happiness :-)

Grace @ Healthy Dreaming May 14, 2011

Enjoy hot yoga! I’m househunting this weekend and the outdoor space is so important to me. That deck is looking good already!

Sangria looks so yummy! I have a reservation at a Cuban place end of this month to take my sister when she’s visiting Tampa. They are known for their tableside sangria which looks like yours! DELISH!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt May 14, 2011

The sangria looks so good! I’m sure it will be a huge hit. The deck looks awesome! I’m impressed. Happy early birthday Angela! :)

Nichole (eat & be pretty) May 14, 2011

Sangria with orange juice… great idea! Kind of like a mimosa :) Deck is looking great too!

Hayley @ Oat Couture May 14, 2011

Ooh that looks so much more appealing to me than normal sangria!! I can’t believe I’ve never tried it before! Enjoy your birthday celebrations!! :)

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 14, 2011

I’ll take a slice of the berry crisp please!!

I love white sangria, in fact probably more than red. It’s definitely more light, fresh and springy, and I think your addition of mango is awesome!

The deck looks amazing, especially the neat diagonal part. It makes it look so professional :)

Page 1 of 3123»