Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits- 12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Somewhere along the line I went from eating nothing for breakfast,

to this

CanadaDayRecipes thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!IMG 6582 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!IMG 8958 thumb2   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!20101108IMG 0034 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!IMG 5438 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!IMG 8282 thumb2   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!IMG 31911   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!IMG 2092 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!20100907IMG 2653 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Need less to say, I haven’t looked back!

IMG 8605 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

After years of having no energy throughout the day, breakfast is now my favourite meal. I never skip breakfast anymore! Contrary to what I used to believe, eating a big breakfast did not make me put on weight. I have more energy to fuel my day, stronger workouts, and I rarely snack at night time because I know a filling breakfast is not long off.

IMG 4069   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

I started making Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits last Spring as a fun way to spruce up my breakfast. The parfaits involve layering vegan overnight oats, Banana soft serve, and an array of mix-ins in a glass or jar (you can also plop everything in a bowl if you prefer not to layer them!)

Before Bed: Prep your Vegan Overnight Oats in a bowl and place in the fridge- no cooking required. Peel and chop 1 banana and place in baggie or container in the freezer.

My go-to Vegan Overnight Oats recipe:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 1 tbsp-2 tbsp chia seeds (thickens mixture overnight)
  • 1-1.25 cup non-dairy milk (I now use Eden organic soy which has 12 gram protein!)
  • 1.5 tbsp carob powder or flavoured protein powder (optional)
  • Maple syrup, to taste
  • Fruit like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, mango, banana.

In the morning: Process your frozen banana in the food processor to make creamy Banana soft serve. Grab your Vegan overnight oats from the fridge, banana soft serve, and desired toppings and layer them in a glass, jar, or bowl to make a parfait. For step by step photos see here.

Mix-in & Toppings ideas:

• Fruit (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, mango, banana, etc)
  • Nut butter
  • Shredded coconut
  • Raw buckwheat groats (adds a nice crunch)
  • Cacao nibs
  • Granola
  • Crumbled Oat square
  • Coconut butter
  • Jam

The result is a healthy breakfast that tastes just like a frozen dessert. :) It is great for warmer weather when you don’t want a hot bowl of oats.

On really hot days…well, things can get a bit out of control…

IMG 9384   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Here are some of my favourite parfait recipes:

Chocolate Cake Batter Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 8012 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Peanut Butter and Jam Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 0298 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Strawberry Carob Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 9916 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Strawberry Banana Softserve and carob Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 2742   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Homemade Strawberry Jam Carob Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 0433 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 69932 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Cherry Chocolate Bomb Vegan Overnight Oats (My FAV!)

IMG 9383 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 5992   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG 48652 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Gingerbread Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait

20100910IMG 2804 thumb   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

My breakfast this morning was a fun take on Neapolitan ice cream.

IMG 4080 2   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

I got to eat two of them because the jars were extra small.

IMG 4106   Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits  12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Two parfaits > One parfait.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 7, 2011

My overnight oats NEVER look this pretty! Thanks for all of the great variations!

Trish @I_am_Succeeding April 7, 2011

I tried overnight oats once…maybe the adding of the chia makes a huge difference because I just could not get over the texture of it. I am willing to try again once I find chia though.

Gail April 7, 2011

I agree. I can’t stand that texture! But those pictures look so appetizing!

Jena April 7, 2011

Try not leaving them overnight, just leave them for 30 mins to an hour in the fridge.
I don’t like them overnight either, they get too squishy for me, but an hour-ish soaking makes them prefect for me!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

haha those poor squishy & slimy chia seeds! Actually, I used to think overnight oats looked SO GROSS and I could not get over how anyone could eat it. Funny how I got hooked!

Baking 'n' Books April 7, 2011

Oh my! The blueberry parfait one looks like a dripping candle!!

JenATX April 7, 2011

i love the texture! & you’re so right about breakfast/late night snacking connection… whenever i feel the urge to raid the pantry, I just think about how in a couple of hours I’ll be waking up to breakfast so it would be pointless to snack. works for me!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 7, 2011

Thanks for putting all those yummy photos in one place. Warm weather means overnight oats!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans April 7, 2011

You have the prettiest breakfasts I have ever seen :)

Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 7, 2011

Oh my goodness, your collection of overnight oats is just amazing! They don’t look like breakfast at all – more look decadent desserts! I’ve made your vegan overnight oats many times, but I’ve never tried turning them into a parfait. This post has motivated me though :) Your breakfasts look so fancy and indulgent!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 7, 2011

You are the queen of overnight oat parfaits Ange! They all look amazing. I don’t understand when people say they don’t/can’t eat breakfast… why wouldn’t you want to start your day with something like this!? :)

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) April 7, 2011

such gorgeous photos and amazing looking oats! i’m pretty sure you can convince anyone to start eating breakfast if they skip out.. i mean, look what they’re missing out on!

AGS @ West With Flight April 7, 2011

My breakfasts are amazingly simple (coffee milk and english muffin, usually followed by fruit). . . but I have noticed that I love my simple breakfast ritual, and that whenever it gets off-kilter, my energy and spirits suffer. 3 Cheers for breakfast! And of course, I’m impressed with your breakfast creations!

Julie @ Shining From Within April 7, 2011

I LOOOOOVE your parfaits! They are so so pretty. You make me want to experiment with all different kinds of flavors with my oatmeals. I made your gingerbread VOO this morning and it was sooo good :) I just bought some frozen cherries so cherry chocolate bomb VOO are on my list for tomorrow ;)

*drool* x 100

Nicole @ Fresh & Fit April 7, 2011

I am salivating like Pavlof’s dog.

Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 7, 2011

Haha – me too!!

That strawberry jam one looks really tasty:D

Lana April 7, 2011

Your so right…A filling breakfast supplies fuel for the day. I love breakfast and your VOO! (but mine usually look more like mush…I like to keep my roommates on their toes, lol)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 7, 2011

I definitely have never had a breakfast as pretty as your parfaits!

Caitlin @ The Caitie Experiment April 7, 2011

I was JUST drooling over VOO this morning while I brushed my teeth and cursing myself for not throwing some in the fridge last night! Now that I finally have a processor that actually smooths the banana (the Magic Bullet just doesn’t cut it), I can’t WAIT to start making parfaits this spring/summer! Now if I could only force myself to get out of bed earlier… maybe a cold, delicious treat is the kick I need to get out of bed!

Sabine @ thefruitpursuit April 7, 2011

breakfast is my fav meal of the day as well! it makes getting up so much easier ;)

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day April 7, 2011

I don’t know where to start… I think the peanut butter is calling my name the most. Gorgeous photos.. it’s not easy to make chia/oats look good

Lou April 7, 2011

wow! these look great! breakfast is my favourite meal too! though i can only really enjoy it during the weekends because during the weekdays i’m too busy packing my bag for school haha. thanks again for these amazing recipes!

Kat @ Big Apple Little Kitchen April 7, 2011

You had me at Chocolate Cake Batter Vegan Overnight Oats ; )

Kath April 7, 2011

I love seeing how much your photography has improved over the years! (Mine has obviously done the same :) ) The Neapolitian is gorg!!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Ditto! :) I don’t think it was hard for me to improve though considering I used to think these food in my hand pictures were the bomb! http://ohsheglows.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/img_2206.jpg lol!

Holly @ The Runny Egg April 7, 2011

I love how your parfaits look — so refreshing and delicious. Now that it is getting warmer out, I want a nice cool breakfast :)

Lindsey @Textbooks and Cookbooks April 7, 2011

Not only do you create great recipes, your photography is amazing too! I just picked up more chia seeds for my overnight oats + oatmeal and will have to try one of these recipes this week :)

Nikki T April 7, 2011

Mmmmm….today’s parfait looks beautiful!

Heather (heathers dish) April 7, 2011

I live neopolitan ice cream…this could only be an amazing version of that! Fabulous :)

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo April 7, 2011

I love the glasses and containers you put the VOO in…they’re just so pretty!

Kim April 7, 2011

I seriously just bought some frozen cherries for the cherry bomb oats. I’m excited!

Helen @ healing through positivity April 7, 2011

I was like you – never about the breakfast and now as soon as I wake up I’m thinking “what to have!”

I struggle to get Chia seeds in the UK, boo. Are the absolutley essential?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

i’ve heard some people use ground flax and it works out (not whole seeds though!) you may have to reduce the liquid because it doesn’t absorb as much as chia.

Helen @ healing through positivity April 8, 2011

Thanks, will try with Flax until I get my paws on some Chia!

Thanking you very muchly!

Melinda April 7, 2011

These look so decadent! How delicious – I definitely need to try some overnight oats soon!

Megan @ Sweet On April 7, 2011

This post is making me crazy excited for summer mornings on the porch! :D

Amber K April 7, 2011

I eat overnight oats every single morning, I did all throughout the winter as well. Although I keep all of my elements separate. I’m going to have to make it sometime when I’m not actually hungry just so I can take a beautiful picture too! ;)

leslie April 7, 2011

you know, i think my favorite thing about your blog is seeing the pure joy you take in food. thinking about the first sentence of this post versus the last really made me smile, and i can certainly relate. big, healthy, energizing, decadent breakfasts for life. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Tht is kinda cool…I didn’t even notice the 1st sentence vs the last one. That makes me happy!

Liza Jane April 7, 2011

I’ve started to make overnight oats and then heat them briefly in the microwave in the morning. I know this isn’t really the point, but the texture bugs me otherwise whereas I really like them when they’re hot. I may have to try this layering/parfait idea to see if that will convince me that cold oats are tasty too.

AM April 7, 2011

I love this post! BTW, i wanted to hear your opinion on how to store chia seeds. I store them in the fridge because I assumed ‘oil spoils’ but what’s your take? What temperature maintains the optimum freshness and nutrition?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

I always store them in a mason jar on the counter but now you’ve got me thinking! I’ll have to look for some info on it..

Amy April 7, 2011

Oh my! Cannot wait to try that, I just happen to have all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

kate@ahealthypassion April 7, 2011

Im drooling now, and off to the kitchen to make some voo!

Tulika April 7, 2011

Ironic–I’m eating some overnight oats as I read this post!! I loooove all of your variations–seriously, how do you get them to look so photogenic?! My oats are tasty, but that definitely is not conveyed through the camera :).

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

thanks! I think the fancy glasses and the fruit them look prettier :)

Heather April 7, 2011

I seriously just ate breakfast…..but I am thinking I might need an oat parfait as well! Amazing pictures and recipes!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa April 7, 2011

These are my absolute favorite things to have for breakfast! I’ve been rocking cinnamon/raisin VOO with banana soft serve for breakfast the past three days. LOVE THEM.

Halley (Blunder Construction) April 7, 2011

Oh, this makes me miss chia seeds! They look so plump and yummy in your pics. (I just got my wisdom teeth out… can you imagine getting them stuck in those holes?) Just a few more weeks of healing before I give it a shot!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

hope you heal quickly! I remember when I had a couple removed and yes they are two HUGE holes in your mouth!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 7, 2011

You are without a doubt the overnight oats QUEEN. I love how beautifully you always present and photograph them!

Lauren @ LaDolcePita April 7, 2011

Oh my goodness, these photos are beautiful and good enough to eat!
By the way, I’m a long time reader and so inspired by your story and just wanted to say my first hello! Thanks for such a great blog :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Hey Lauren thanks for your nice comment!

Sonia April 7, 2011

Wowsa! That Neo VOO Parfait looks amazingly delicious. I kept staring at the top picture wondering if I missed a recipe, but luckily it’s brand new! ;) It’s fun coming up with new flavors to whatever suits my mood. Actually having VOO for lunch today! Angela, you got hooked on VOO and in love with chia seeds and for that I am grateful.

Page 1 of 41234»