Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits- 12 Recipes To Kick Off The Season!

Somewhere along the line I went from eating nothing for breakfast,

to this

CanadaDayRecipes_thumbIMG_6582_thumbIMG_8958_thumb20101108IMG_0034_thumbIMG_5438_thumbIMG_8282_thumbIMG_3191IMG_2092_thumb20100907IMG_2653_thumb

Need less to say, I haven’t looked back!

IMG_8605_thumb

After years of having no energy throughout the day, breakfast is now my favourite meal. I never skip breakfast anymore! Contrary to what I used to believe, eating a big breakfast did not make me put on weight. I have more energy to fuel my day, stronger workouts, and I rarely snack at night time because I know a filling breakfast is not long off.

IMG_4069

I started making Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits last Spring as a fun way to spruce up my breakfast. The parfaits involve layering vegan overnight oats, Banana soft serve, and an array of mix-ins in a glass or jar (you can also plop everything in a bowl if you prefer not to layer them!)

Before Bed: Prep your Vegan Overnight Oats in a bowl and place in the fridge- no cooking required. Peel and chop 1 banana and place in baggie or container in the freezer.

My go-to Vegan Overnight Oats recipe:

• 1/3 cup regular oats
  • 1 tbsp-2 tbsp chia seeds (thickens mixture overnight)
  • 1-1.25 cup non-dairy milk (I now use Eden organic soy which has 12 gram protein!)
  • 1.5 tbsp carob powder or flavoured protein powder (optional)
  • Maple syrup, to taste
  • Fruit like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, mango, banana.

In the morning: Process your frozen banana in the food processor to make creamy Banana soft serve. Grab your Vegan overnight oats from the fridge, banana soft serve, and desired toppings and layer them in a glass, jar, or bowl to make a parfait. For step by step photos see here.

Mix-in & Toppings ideas:

• Fruit (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, mango, banana, etc)
  • Nut butter
  • Shredded coconut
  • Raw buckwheat groats (adds a nice crunch)
  • Cacao nibs
  • Granola
  • Crumbled Oat square
  • Coconut butter
  • Jam

The result is a healthy breakfast that tastes just like a frozen dessert. :) It is great for warmer weather when you don’t want a hot bowl of oats.

On really hot days…well, things can get a bit out of control…

IMG_9384

Here are some of my favourite parfait recipes:

Chocolate Cake Batter Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_8012_thumb

Peanut Butter and Jam Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_0298_thumb

Strawberry Carob Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_9916_thumb

Strawberry Banana Softserve and carob Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_2742

Homemade Strawberry Jam Carob Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_0433_thumb

Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_69932_thumb

Cherry Chocolate Bomb Vegan Overnight Oats (My FAV!)

IMG_9383_thumb

Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_5992

Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_48652_thumb

Gingerbread Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait

20100910IMG_2804_thumb

My breakfast this morning was a fun take on Neapolitan ice cream.

IMG_4080-2

I got to eat two of them because the jars were extra small.

IMG_4106

Two parfaits > One parfait.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 7, 2011

My overnight oats NEVER look this pretty! Thanks for all of the great variations!

2 Trish @I_am_Succeeding April 7, 2011

I tried overnight oats once…maybe the adding of the chia makes a huge difference because I just could not get over the texture of it. I am willing to try again once I find chia though.

3 Gail April 7, 2011

I agree. I can’t stand that texture! But those pictures look so appetizing!

4 Jena April 7, 2011

Try not leaving them overnight, just leave them for 30 mins to an hour in the fridge.
I don’t like them overnight either, they get too squishy for me, but an hour-ish soaking makes them prefect for me!

5 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

haha those poor squishy & slimy chia seeds! Actually, I used to think overnight oats looked SO GROSS and I could not get over how anyone could eat it. Funny how I got hooked!

6 Baking 'n' Books April 7, 2011

Oh my! The blueberry parfait one looks like a dripping candle!!

7 JenATX April 7, 2011

i love the texture! & you’re so right about breakfast/late night snacking connection… whenever i feel the urge to raid the pantry, I just think about how in a couple of hours I’ll be waking up to breakfast so it would be pointless to snack. works for me!

8 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 7, 2011

Thanks for putting all those yummy photos in one place. Warm weather means overnight oats!

9 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans April 7, 2011

You have the prettiest breakfasts I have ever seen :)

10 Justeen @ Blissful Baking April 7, 2011

Oh my goodness, your collection of overnight oats is just amazing! They don’t look like breakfast at all – more look decadent desserts! I’ve made your vegan overnight oats many times, but I’ve never tried turning them into a parfait. This post has motivated me though :) Your breakfasts look so fancy and indulgent!

11 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 7, 2011

You are the queen of overnight oat parfaits Ange! They all look amazing. I don’t understand when people say they don’t/can’t eat breakfast… why wouldn’t you want to start your day with something like this!? :)

12 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) April 7, 2011

such gorgeous photos and amazing looking oats! i’m pretty sure you can convince anyone to start eating breakfast if they skip out.. i mean, look what they’re missing out on!

13 AGS @ West With Flight April 7, 2011

My breakfasts are amazingly simple (coffee milk and english muffin, usually followed by fruit). . . but I have noticed that I love my simple breakfast ritual, and that whenever it gets off-kilter, my energy and spirits suffer. 3 Cheers for breakfast! And of course, I’m impressed with your breakfast creations!

14 Julie @ Shining From Within April 7, 2011

I LOOOOOVE your parfaits! They are so so pretty. You make me want to experiment with all different kinds of flavors with my oatmeals. I made your gingerbread VOO this morning and it was sooo good :) I just bought some frozen cherries so cherry chocolate bomb VOO are on my list for tomorrow ;)

*drool* x 100

15 Nicole @ Fresh & Fit April 7, 2011

I am salivating like Pavlof’s dog.

16 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 7, 2011

Haha – me too!!

That strawberry jam one looks really tasty:D

17 Lana April 7, 2011

Your so right…A filling breakfast supplies fuel for the day. I love breakfast and your VOO! (but mine usually look more like mush…I like to keep my roommates on their toes, lol)

18 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 7, 2011

I definitely have never had a breakfast as pretty as your parfaits!

19 Caitlin @ The Caitie Experiment April 7, 2011

I was JUST drooling over VOO this morning while I brushed my teeth and cursing myself for not throwing some in the fridge last night! Now that I finally have a processor that actually smooths the banana (the Magic Bullet just doesn’t cut it), I can’t WAIT to start making parfaits this spring/summer! Now if I could only force myself to get out of bed earlier… maybe a cold, delicious treat is the kick I need to get out of bed!

20 Sabine @ thefruitpursuit April 7, 2011

breakfast is my fav meal of the day as well! it makes getting up so much easier ;)

21 Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day April 7, 2011

I don’t know where to start… I think the peanut butter is calling my name the most. Gorgeous photos.. it’s not easy to make chia/oats look good

22 Lou April 7, 2011

wow! these look great! breakfast is my favourite meal too! though i can only really enjoy it during the weekends because during the weekdays i’m too busy packing my bag for school haha. thanks again for these amazing recipes!

23 Kat @ Big Apple Little Kitchen April 7, 2011

You had me at Chocolate Cake Batter Vegan Overnight Oats ; )

24 Kath April 7, 2011

I love seeing how much your photography has improved over the years! (Mine has obviously done the same :) ) The Neapolitian is gorg!!!!

25 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Ditto! :) I don’t think it was hard for me to improve though considering I used to think these food in my hand pictures were the bomb! http://ohsheglows.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/img_2206.jpg lol!

26 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 7, 2011

I love how your parfaits look — so refreshing and delicious. Now that it is getting warmer out, I want a nice cool breakfast :)

27 Lindsey @Textbooks and Cookbooks April 7, 2011

Not only do you create great recipes, your photography is amazing too! I just picked up more chia seeds for my overnight oats + oatmeal and will have to try one of these recipes this week :)

28 Nikki T April 7, 2011

Mmmmm….today’s parfait looks beautiful!

29 Heather (heathers dish) April 7, 2011

I live neopolitan ice cream…this could only be an amazing version of that! Fabulous :)

30 Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo April 7, 2011

I love the glasses and containers you put the VOO in…they’re just so pretty!

31 Kim April 7, 2011

I seriously just bought some frozen cherries for the cherry bomb oats. I’m excited!

32 Helen @ healing through positivity April 7, 2011

I was like you – never about the breakfast and now as soon as I wake up I’m thinking “what to have!”

I struggle to get Chia seeds in the UK, boo. Are the absolutley essential?

33 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

i’ve heard some people use ground flax and it works out (not whole seeds though!) you may have to reduce the liquid because it doesn’t absorb as much as chia.

34 Helen @ healing through positivity April 8, 2011

Thanks, will try with Flax until I get my paws on some Chia!

Thanking you very muchly!

35 Melinda April 7, 2011

These look so decadent! How delicious – I definitely need to try some overnight oats soon!

36 Megan @ Sweet On April 7, 2011

This post is making me crazy excited for summer mornings on the porch! :D

37 Amber K April 7, 2011

I eat overnight oats every single morning, I did all throughout the winter as well. Although I keep all of my elements separate. I’m going to have to make it sometime when I’m not actually hungry just so I can take a beautiful picture too! ;)

38 leslie April 7, 2011

you know, i think my favorite thing about your blog is seeing the pure joy you take in food. thinking about the first sentence of this post versus the last really made me smile, and i can certainly relate. big, healthy, energizing, decadent breakfasts for life. :)

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Tht is kinda cool…I didn’t even notice the 1st sentence vs the last one. That makes me happy!

40 Liza Jane April 7, 2011

I’ve started to make overnight oats and then heat them briefly in the microwave in the morning. I know this isn’t really the point, but the texture bugs me otherwise whereas I really like them when they’re hot. I may have to try this layering/parfait idea to see if that will convince me that cold oats are tasty too.

41 AM April 7, 2011

I love this post! BTW, i wanted to hear your opinion on how to store chia seeds. I store them in the fridge because I assumed ‘oil spoils’ but what’s your take? What temperature maintains the optimum freshness and nutrition?

42 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

I always store them in a mason jar on the counter but now you’ve got me thinking! I’ll have to look for some info on it..

43 Amy April 7, 2011

Oh my! Cannot wait to try that, I just happen to have all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

44 kate@ahealthypassion April 7, 2011

Im drooling now, and off to the kitchen to make some voo!

45 Tulika April 7, 2011

Ironic–I’m eating some overnight oats as I read this post!! I loooove all of your variations–seriously, how do you get them to look so photogenic?! My oats are tasty, but that definitely is not conveyed through the camera :).

46 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

thanks! I think the fancy glasses and the fruit them look prettier :)

47 Heather April 7, 2011

I seriously just ate breakfast…..but I am thinking I might need an oat parfait as well! Amazing pictures and recipes!

48 Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa April 7, 2011

These are my absolute favorite things to have for breakfast! I’ve been rocking cinnamon/raisin VOO with banana soft serve for breakfast the past three days. LOVE THEM.

49 Halley (Blunder Construction) April 7, 2011

Oh, this makes me miss chia seeds! They look so plump and yummy in your pics. (I just got my wisdom teeth out… can you imagine getting them stuck in those holes?) Just a few more weeks of healing before I give it a shot!

50 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

hope you heal quickly! I remember when I had a couple removed and yes they are two HUGE holes in your mouth!

51 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 7, 2011

You are without a doubt the overnight oats QUEEN. I love how beautifully you always present and photograph them!

52 Lauren @ LaDolcePita April 7, 2011

Oh my goodness, these photos are beautiful and good enough to eat!
By the way, I’m a long time reader and so inspired by your story and just wanted to say my first hello! Thanks for such a great blog :)

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Hey Lauren thanks for your nice comment!

54 Sonia April 7, 2011

Wowsa! That Neo VOO Parfait looks amazingly delicious. I kept staring at the top picture wondering if I missed a recipe, but luckily it’s brand new! ;) It’s fun coming up with new flavors to whatever suits my mood. Actually having VOO for lunch today! Angela, you got hooked on VOO and in love with chia seeds and for that I am grateful.

55 Sonia April 7, 2011

***got ME hooked. sorry. I type way to fast and completely leave words out ^^;

56 Lizzie April 7, 2011

I know this is a slightly odd question, but do you wipe off the sides of your glasses before you start eating them? Ahh all the overflow down the side makes me want to reach through the computer with a cloth. It does make for nice pictures though :)

57 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite April 7, 2011

Thank you for sharing all of these recipes! Your photos are beautiful. I can’t wait to try the banana soft serve and to test out that technique with various fruits!

58 Kathryn April 7, 2011

starving

59 Namaste Gurl April 7, 2011

Yum- must try the banana soft soft overnight oats combo! Been on my list to try for quite some time. :)

60 Ashley April 7, 2011

Oh my gosh!! Neopolitan is the pretties yet!! How fun! :) I might have to try that Eden soy milk and maybe just decrease my tofu/tempeh to 1x/week. Did I mention I miss you lately…you should probably come visit!!!!!!!!

61 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

Eric and I do need a vacation soon….hehe ;)

62 Mama Pea April 7, 2011

I have GOT to find this soymilk. I hope it’s not just a Canada thing. Or else I’m moving in.

63 Katherine April 7, 2011

They sell it in the states! It is in the “health food” section of regular supermarkets by me.

64 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

One tip- I have the plain, origina, unflavoured, unsweetened and it tastes like crap! haha…takes a lot of getting used to, but it is the most pure soy milk I have ever seen on the market. 12 grams of protein in a cup is amazing!

65 Kristi @ KristiAteIt April 7, 2011

I must make these! I keep on drooling over these pictures whenenver you post them! I’m not so sure mine would come out looking so pretty though.

66 Elyssa April 7, 2011

Question: What is the nutritional values of the basic VOO? Thanks!

67 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2011

I have it calculated here: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/05/03/are-you-an-athlete/

(Note that I used almond milk in the calculation) if you use soy or cow’s milk, the protein will be even higher!)

68 Katherine April 7, 2011

These are all so beautiful! I have been on a chia seed kick lately- will definitely be trying a parfait as the weather warms up!

ps- The FoodBuzz ad on your page about 7 new bacon dishes at Denny’s is making me giggle :)

69 Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) April 7, 2011

I just ate lunch but now I’m drooling over these breakfasts… mmm! It’s my favorite meal of the day, as well :)

xo

70 Doran April 7, 2011

This post makes me soooo happy! I love VOOs and it is all because of your amazing blog! Thanks for all the awesome ideas! Best.Breakfast.Ever.

71 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 7, 2011

Delicious! I love overnight oats, and I tried to eat them the other day, but I guess it just wasn’t time yet. I was SHIVERING the entire time! :)

72 radioactivegan April 7, 2011

That might be some of the fanciest looking breakfast I’ve ever seen. I definitely need to try some overnight oats soon.

73 Roz April 7, 2011

LOVE the photos of the overnight oats!!

74 Char April 7, 2011

You make VOO look sooo pretty. I haven’t made them yet so I love them (part of it might be due to the lack of nice bowls/jars like you use lol), but I definitely need to try one of these recipes asap. I really did need some new inspiration for breakfast, so I thank you for that!

75 Vanessa @ Project Zen April 7, 2011

A frozen oatmeal parfait… now I can have one of my favorite breakfast items this summer. Thanks Angela!

One question: Can I use an organic instant oat mix for this recipe too?

76 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 7, 2011

I love all the variations on overnight oats! Yum!! :)

77 jenny eats nutella from a spoon April 7, 2011

fantastic idea, i love neapolitan ice cream! three flavours beat one.

78 Andrea B. @ Vegvacious April 7, 2011

You have the most creative and pretty dishes for your parfaits!! They all look amazing. I just developed a taste for overnight oats but I have never added banana soft serve. I just can’t understand people who skip breakfast when they could have something so divine :-)

79 Kelly April 7, 2011

I just had to comment because those last couple of photos look soo delicious!! I wish I had one of those parfaits right now. Thank you for the inspiration!

80 ellalinea April 7, 2011

those look AMAZING!!

81 Hannah @ Healthy Life April 7, 2011

These all look amazingly delicious! Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal of the day- I literally can’t funtion without it.

82 Mary April 7, 2011

I have to admit, I was totally skeptical of the overnight oats. But I tried them, and I’m hooked! So satisfying, so easy, and so many variations. Thanks for sharing them with us.

83 rawkinmom April 7, 2011

These look so cool!!!! Amazing photos!!! I love the Neapolitan one!!! I think I must try this!!

84 kaila @ healthy helper! April 7, 2011

This breakfast looks amazing! Beautiful pictures girl! Overnight oats with softserve is one of my all time favorite breakfasts and your recipes have inspired me so much to create new varieties and combos for my oats! Thanks for linking back to all these fabulous recipes! YUM!

85 Heather April 7, 2011

This looks absolutely delicious! mmmm.

86 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) April 7, 2011

Angela what an amazing post with soooo many beautiful pics of your parfaits and oats…I don’t know which one to click and open next there are so many ones I want to try!

Neapolitan? Nice!

And I love that you found a breakfast and way of eating, i.e.not skipping it and having a hearty one, that leaves you satisfied, with energy, and works for you. Dietary paths and figuring out what works for us is a beautiful thing, isn’t it :)

Your food is always a beautiful thing :)

87 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 7, 2011

I am never, ever reading your blog mid-afternoon again. My stomach is rumbling for a treat now! :)

These look amazing. I have to thank you for introducing me to overnight oats – they have changed my b’fasts forever!

88 Abby April 7, 2011

What an awesome collection! I tried making pumpkin overnight oats but I didn’t have the chia so I reduced the liquid and they just weren’t my favorite! I need to put chia on my list and try again! The strawberry jam one looks so tasty!!

89 Moni'sMeals April 7, 2011

nice collection for sure! Yummmmm.

Breakfast is SOOOO very important. I still do not get how some people can go til like 2 pm until they eat. :) Glad you love it as much as me! I can’t wait for breakfast every day!

90 Alaina April 7, 2011

Your parfaits look so pretty. And messy to eat. :-) Fun!

91 Reka April 7, 2011

I’ve never tried eating breakfast from a jar! I REALLY have to try it after seeing your amazing pictures!!!!!! :)

92 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 7, 2011

You put my oats to shame Angela, I am in awe :)

93 Alexa @ Simple Eats April 7, 2011

That Neopolitan parfait looks delicious…I love all of the pretty colors. Seriously, overnight oats or any oats with banana soft serve and pb is AMAZING.

94 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 7, 2011

I tried overnight oats once and I didn’t like them… but they weren’t vegan overnight oats. I need to give VOO a try and hopefully I’ll like them better!

95 Lindsay @ The Reluctant Runner April 7, 2011

I like how you take care to make a nice presentation with your food (well, maybe you just do that for the purposes of the blog). I think it’s a nice touch that would really help you be mindful of what you’re eating and enjoy it. Your photographs always look like they’re straight out of a cooking magazine!

96 Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 7, 2011

I’ve never been a fan of oatmeal, even the overnight and chilled kind. But you sure make it look appetizing! Since I recently found out I have a gluten allergy maybe I need to give oats another shot!

97 Thin Lizzy April 7, 2011

These pictures are mouthwatering!

98 Connie the cookie monster April 7, 2011

i love all the diff containers you used! it makes the oats look even more appetizing!

99 Sonia April 7, 2011

Oh I got to try making those one of these days

100 laura April 7, 2011

Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to make and taste these fantastic creations!
However I do not have chia seeds, does that make a difference?

101 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} April 7, 2011

You eat the most beautiful breakfasts ever! :-)

102 staceyhealthylife April 7, 2011

It’s like a work of art, yet so tasty also.

103 staceyhealthylife April 7, 2011

It’s like a work of art, yet so tasty also.

104 Tracy @ Commit To Fit April 7, 2011

Amazing! Beautiful to look at and I bet even better to eat. It looks like dessert, not breakfast :)

105 Caitlin @ TPL April 7, 2011

Breakfast=AMAZING, it makes getting out of bed way too worth it! Ok I felt like I had been rockin the overnight oats lately but WOW girl, that looks ridiculous (in a good way)!

106 Urvashee April 7, 2011

Wow. This really wants to make me be better about breakfast! I’ll have to be on the look out for those chia seeds and test this out.

107 Sandra April 7, 2011

I love voos! I used to make them every night until I found out I’m allergic to oats. Do you have any oat replacement suggestions?

108 Ellie@fitforthesoul April 8, 2011

I’ve been craving voo so much lately~these hit the spot! well~in my mind at least. :)

109 Sara @ Baking and Wine April 8, 2011

Girl, you have a ridiculous amount of glass wear! Ha. I love it.

I would love to see a post that shows what your serving wear storage looks like!

110 Christine @ Burning It Off April 8, 2011

Such pretty pictures… you should turn them into a calendar of breakfast recipes! Breakfast is also my favourite and sometimes biggest meal of the day. I don’t get how people can skip it, I’m usually so hungry when I wake up. I literally can’t do anything else until I’ve eaten my breakfast :P

111 Caitlyn (The Spoonful of Life) April 8, 2011

Man. I was about to go the gym until I saw your parfaits. Now I’m hungry! :-) They look delicious.

112 Mariah April 8, 2011

I am so envious of your your pictures and your eats!!!!!!These are incredible!

113 Cait's Plate April 8, 2011

I’ve never tried overnight oats but I was JUST thinking the other day that it’s something I need to get in to. Imagine my surprise when this post popped up!! I’m so excited to try some of these!!

114 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 8, 2011

Beautiful pictures + delicious breakfast idea! I tried your overnight carob oats with quinoa flakes instead and they tasted a bit funky. The quinoa flakes have such a different flavor than oats. I wish I could have oats!!

115 marla {family fresh cooking} April 8, 2011

I am with you girl, when I discovered that a big, healthy & sweet breakfast was just a few hours away it also kept me from overindulging at night. It is so freeing knowing that. These breakfasts look great, especially that neapolitan. xo

116 Richelle April 8, 2011

I love your vegan overnight oat parfaits! I too have embraced breakfast and could never imagine just eating an apple again.

117 Lauren C. @ FocusedToBeFit April 8, 2011

I would like one of each, right now! This makes finding the recipes so easy. :) Have a good weekend.

118 Hats @ See How She Runs April 8, 2011

As a huge lover of porridge and oat bran I am sad to say that I haven’t tried overnight oats yet. As soon as I get my hands on some chia seeds I’m going to make this recipe, for sure!

119 Sruthi @ Exercise, Food & Beyond April 8, 2011

This looks so cute, I love strawberries, I am sure I am going to love this.

120 Lynna April 8, 2011

I wish you could make me breakfast! Those neopolitan parfaits look to die for (and I don’t even like neopolitan ice cream).

121 Morgan April 9, 2011

I’m a little confused; when you say “regular oats” do you mean oatmeal or rolled oats? I used real whole oats, and after two nights in the fridge, they are certainly not ready to eat….

122 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 9, 2011

Rolled oats :)

123 Morgan April 9, 2011

Oh okay, no wonder! I was thinking “whole oats” since nothing had been done to them (i.e. “regular” oats as opposed to “rolled” or “steel-cut” etc). Thanks; I’ll give it another try!

124 Kathy April 9, 2011

I can never get my overnight oats to look like that but they taste delicious still!
Does anyone know what I can use instead of Chia seeds? My store doesn’t sell them.

125 Kerri April 10, 2011

I tried my first bowl of VOO this morning after awhile of salivating over your pictures and recipes. I added in Maple Syrup, Strawberries, and bananas… DELISH! Keep the fun recipes coming because I am SOO INTO THIS!

126 Luv What You Do April 11, 2011

LOVE the parfaits! They are beautiful!
Question…can you make the overnight oats with steel cut oats or just regular oats? Have you ever made a big batch for the week ahead of time?

127 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 13, 2011

They’re all so pretty!! Looks like melting ice cream!

128 heidi April 14, 2011

I just discovered your blog and this has got to be one of the best things I’ve ever seen!

129 Virtually Vegan Mama April 16, 2011

looks awesome! can I come over for breakfast? ;)

Jen

130 Phillip May 2, 2011

Mmmmm!
All this looks so goooood!

131 Laura April 23, 2012

I am like you were I don`t eat breakfast. I am definately going to try these out. I just found your blog at a perfect time as I want to switch to a vegan diet!

132 Anne-Michelle Frances July 12, 2012

OMG, this recipe is amazing! I just found your website last night, and I printed out a ton of recipes and tried this one on my kids this morning. My 5-year old son is allergic to wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, and peanuts, so we often get in a rut when it comes to foods. Not only was this recipe super easy, it was delicious! It took me minutes to throw together last night, and all three of my children and my husband savored every bite. The clincher is that it was extremely healthy! I am now a believer and look forward to your recipes. Today’s hemp power salad looks awesome, too! THANK YOU!!

133 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 13, 2012

Hey Anne-Michelle, Thanks so much for your kind words! I’m so happy that you are enjoying the recipes. :)

134 Skye September 23, 2012

Would it be healthy to eat one of these for breakfast everyday?

135 amanda November 8, 2012

Maybe a really silly question, but are you cooking the oats before you make your VOO???

136 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 8, 2012

Nope they just soak overnight! Magic :)

137 Leanne Silva February 27, 2013

Do the chia seeds make the oats slimy? I have a hard time getting slimy stuff down. For example, I have a hard time eating my daily tablespoons of ground flax seeds, since they are vile sprinkled raw on most things. I always try to get away with eating them in baked goods instead, although I don’t mind them at all when they’re mixed with plenty of sugar and sprinkled on oatmeal porridge or French toast.

138 Angela (Oh She Glows) February 27, 2013

Yes the chia seeds to make it slimy I’m afraid! I know people who toss it into a blender to make it smooth so maybe that could work for you?

139 Leanne Silva February 27, 2013

Darn! Maybe I’ll try the blender idea sometime.

140 Rebecca July 6, 2013

This was delicious! Thank you so much for sharing it, will definitely be making it a lot from now on. I substituted half of the milk for yoghurt to make it extra creamy :)!

141 Lisa January 3, 2014

Planning on making the neapolitan parfait in the morning but confused about the instructions. Send like I should mix all of the first list of ingredients together yet in the picture its send as though the chia seeds are separated from the oats and carob mix

142 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 4, 2014

Hi Lisa, yes you mix all the ingredients from the first list together in a bowl. Let it sit overnight in the fridge. Hope this helps!

143 Lisa January 3, 2014

Sorry, seems like… Not “send”. Using my phone :-\

144 Katia January 4, 2014

Can I make the soft serve overnight too? My fiancee wakes up after me and I’d hate to wake him up with a whirring blender :)

145 Ariana January 27, 2014

Help! It’s my first time trying overnight oats and it did not work at all… I used all your ratios but in the morning I just had soaked oat soup :-(

I used almond milk (we have a dairy and soy allergy over here) and I used a heaping tbsp of chia seeds and also a tbsp of flax
I also used quick oats. It was between that and steel cut and I assumed quick would absorb better but maybe then I used too much milk??

Anything here stand out as the cause of my soupy oats??

146 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 27, 2014

Add more chia seeds and it will thicken up in the fridge in about an hour! :)

147 Kristin April 30, 2014

I tried the Neapolitan parfait this morning and it did not turn out. The oats part was a soupy mess–though the kids still slurped it up. In the picture there is a white chia layer and a chocolate oats layer, but in the recipe you mix the oats and chia together? Not sure if I’m missing something.

148 Antonia August 26, 2014

wow, I must admit I was quit surprise how this parfait came out. I am all for healthy cooking and introducing new recipes and food to my diet, but this one really caught me by surprise. It is really amazing and super yummy. I will definitely add more frozen fruits to my diet. I had mine parfait with melon and nuts instead of the oats, for frozen fruits I took, banana, peach, and banana aronia berries, which I then layered, ah it was very delicious!

149 Frank McKibbon February 10, 2015

Hi Angela,

I hate oatmeal. I love the idea, but generally find it so bloody boring. These parfaits look like they answer my concerns.

Tell me, do you soak your chia seeds seperately from your oats? In the Neapolitan Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait, it looks like you soaked the chia in almond milk, and the oats in almond milk and cocoa for distinct layers. Is that right?