Getting My Glow On

I’ve been doing a lot of this

yogi6   Getting My Glow On

Sadly, not any of this

img 5552   Getting My Glow On

Amazingly, I even miss this

IMG 9429 thumb   Getting My Glow On

But I have been giggling at this

Untitled   Getting My Glow On

That would be Bryan Kest Power Yoga in all his 80’s cut off jeans and Long John glory! As much as I make fun of the cheese factor in this video, Bryan has a wonderful, laid-back, do-only-what-you-can approach to yoga that I adore. He removes the intimidation factor.

I’m also doing a lot of these amazing back poses from Yoga Journal too.

I made an appointment next Wednesday with my doctor for my sore tailbone. It’s feeling a bit better now (with lingering tenderness), but I figure I should get it checked out in case I need an X-ray or physical therapy for it.

Not being able to do cardio exercise is torture for me though. I’m going stir crazy!

As per my Spring goal, I’ve been drinking a lot of fresh juice this week. It feels so good have the juicer back in my life.

IMG 3385   Getting My Glow On

Glowing Sunshine Juice

Ingredients
  • 1 grapefruit, peeled
  • 4 medium carrots
  • fresh ginger (approximately 1/2-inch piece)
  • 1/4 tsp raw maca powder (optional)

Check it out on the Foodthinkers website here.

4417543180 edec3d6050   Getting My Glow On

I start my morning off with a fresh juice and then have breakfast about 30 minutes later. It makes breakfast extra delicious. :)

IMG 3345   Getting My Glow On

When I make juices, I never set out thinking of a ‘recipe’ or ‘flavour’ like I might with my other recipes. I usually just take whatever old veggies we have lying around and throw them in. I buy the old/discounted fruit and veggies from our grocery store specifically for juicing.

IMG 3249   Getting My Glow On IMG 3276   Getting My Glow On

Lately I have been juicing with beets (responsible for that beautiful pink colour!), lemons, lime, carrots, ginger, grapefruit, apples (rarely), cucumbers, celery.

IMG 3275   Getting My Glow On

I think this one above was: 1/2 beet, 2 carrots, 1/2 English cucumber, 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 inch piece ginger. It is not very sweet, but I don’t juice with sweet fruits very much (prefer to eat them!). If you like it sweet, add an apple or pear.

I also made Chocolate macaroons adding 1/3 cup of cocoa powder in the recipe I adapted from Healthy Hoggin.

IMG 3433   Getting My Glow On

The chocolate ones were good, but we both prefer the vanilla ones!

Last night we also made Nut Butter Crusted Parsnip fries. I TRIPLED the recipe this time because we had a friend over to watch the game. They did not last long!

IMG 3390 2   Getting My Glow On

Along with our favourite brew- Mill Street Organic.

IMG 3416   Getting My Glow On

Have a great Saturday!

Hannah March 26, 2011

I hope your tailbone feels better ASAP, Ange! That’s got to suck :( ….At least you can do yoga-what a great way to exercise, even if it isn’t cardio.

What I am digging from this post is the BEAUTIFUL color of those juices!! Isn’t it amazing that nature herself creates those colors-no Red 40 involved?? Though I tried a beet/spinach juice once and it was horrible…but it was a beautiful dark purple!

Hannah March 26, 2011

P.S. I made your chocolate pecan butter during spring break and it was delicious! I had my friends at school try some and they agreed that it was quite good :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

totally agree about the colours being so amazing from fresh foods!
I agree the yoga has been a blessing in disguise. I was reminded how much I need to work on my flexibility. Eric has even agreed to participate too. :)

Freya March 26, 2011

Ooh I’m sorry the tailbone is still a problem :(
Those juices look so vibrant! It’s making me want to dig out my juicer :p though the chances of that happening are slim..it’s a hugeeee thing!

JenATX March 26, 2011

what game were yall watching? NCAA?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

hehe nope hockey :)

Baking 'n' Books March 26, 2011

Canadian, eh? ;) Who’s your team?

I don’t get the benefits of juicing though? Aren’t you taking out all of the fiber and stuff? Thanks.

Heidi @ Food Doodles March 26, 2011

That carrot grapefruit fruit juice looks amazing. I really need to get a juicer. I remember the once or twice I had fresh juice like that and it was so incredible.

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 26, 2011

I WANT A JUICER!!! It looks SO delish and refreshing!!

Hope your tailbone feels better soon!! Yoga is a pretty good substitute though- I love it!! :D

Bronwyn March 26, 2011

I totally thought the nut butter fries were ribs when I first scrolled down, and I was like wwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaa???? Then I read what they were and was like, ah, that makes much more sense. I need a little yoga in my life, it’s going to be crazy busy here soon.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

They do kind of look a bit like ribs now that I look at them again!

sarah (sarah learns) March 26, 2011

the vibrant colors of your juice is making happy this morning! gorgeous!

Jackie @ Baking Charms March 26, 2011

Sorry about your tailbone! Hopefully it feels 100% soon :)

I love your yoga top…. so pretty!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

Thanks Jackie :) It’s a lululemon from 2008.

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo March 26, 2011

I hope your tailbone heals soon! At least you get to enjoy more time juicing, right? I don’t prefer my juices sweet either; just adding a lemon seems to add enough for me!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 26, 2011

I really am so sorry about your tailbone! Having been there…I know it’s more of a frustration than it seems. Not to mention sore! I hope you are feeling better soon. (Do press for an x-ray though, if you feel you need it; they dismissed mine as a bruising and now it’s healed crooked – gah! Hope you can avoid that ;) )

Such vibrant juices… I hope they bring Spring a little closer for you :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

Yea I think I will get an xray just to be sure. Anything that involves the spinal area is extra important :) Sorry they missed yours! I can see that it would be easy to do, especially if you didn’t have a ton of pain!

Sally March 29, 2011

I broke mine several years ago and never got an x-ray. The doctors told me they don’t like to x-ray that region due to it’s proximity to female reproductive organs, and because the treatment for broken vs bruised is pretty much the same. A doctor did tell me once though that if I have children, my tailbone will re-break to get back into place – eeeek!

Julie @ Shining From Within March 26, 2011

Love the juices! I hope your tailbone feels better. Nothing is worse than an injury. I have been craving fries like a MAD woman. Gimme those!

Crystal March 26, 2011

Between the hair, jeans, and Jersey accent, I’ve been giggling at Bryan Kest as well! And now I’m craving juice!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope March 26, 2011

Hang in there… glad you’re putting your physical health first, even when it’s difficult to back off! :)

Those colors are beautiful!!! The color just makes them THAT much more appealing.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com March 26, 2011

The pictures of juice made me salivate. Such vibrance!

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan March 26, 2011

I still have the Bryan Kest power yoga workouts on VHS. I hope your tailbone feels better very soon! :-)

Alex March 26, 2011

I really want to get into juicing (and these look so yummy!) but I never like the vegetable juices they sell pre-made, even though I am a complete veg-oholic! Any tips for beginners?

Stacy @ LoveDiscoveryGratitude March 26, 2011

Yum! Those juices look delightful! I reeeeeeeally don’t like beets, though. Tried and tried again- but I just can’t do it! Everything else is delicious!

Oooh, parsnip fries??? I must try!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

Fun fact: I used to hate beets until i started juicing!

Krissy @ Make It Naked March 26, 2011

I’ve been loving juicing lately too. I’ve been tossing in some kiwis and they’re great! It still amazes me that all those colors are natural. Love it!

Hilary March 26, 2011

Your juices are so beautiful! And I am totally with you on not being able to do cardio….that was the hardest part of running a marathon for me…recovery the week after!

Holly @ The Runny Egg March 26, 2011

Those jean shorts are hilarious!!! You should get a pair for Eric!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

Meow ;)

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food March 26, 2011

I hope you feel better soon!
I am pretty sure I am going to have to start juicing just so I can have those gorgeous colors in my kitchen everyday! :-)

jassy March 26, 2011

colorful juices…i’m inspired to eat healthier because of the colors :)

Janessa @ Epicurious Vegan March 26, 2011

Those fries look delicious!! xo

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 26, 2011

i hope you get better soon! i feel your pain.. i wnt to run SO SO BAD- i had injuriesssss! i love all your juicin’!

Kim (A Bowl of Fruit) March 26, 2011

Isn’t he hilarious? And the video is all soft focus and blurry to show spiritual he is. :) But with that said, I love him. I’m still on Power Yoga I but I definitely see so much improvements in my flexibility since Day 1!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

HAHA the video is blurry too….nice effect! ;)

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh March 26, 2011

I love fresh juice!! It reminds me of warmer weather :)

michaela March 26, 2011

Hi
How long do you feel that pain? and how lond you do not run?
I have achile injury in January on both legs so the pain was so bad that I have to take a break for 1 month I have my ankles swollen they went so big like my thigh.
About juicing I drink every mornig green juice no fruit no starchy sweet veggies, because when yo drink juice it is better without sugary things, that attack blood sugar. Did you read crazy sexy diet? Very very good book.
Yoga :-) I hate yoga when I was teenage, now when I am thirties have a baby and run I love yoga every day al least for 15-20 minutes, actually it help me a lot with running. So do not worry about break from running yoga will help you get back even stronger and more flexible

Namaste Gurl March 26, 2011

Awww, you’ll get back to cardio exercise soon. Take it easy for now, friend. You’ll be back in no time :)
I love juicing as well- I need to start doing it more often- that’s for reminding me! :)

Stacie March 26, 2011

Congrats to Eric for going a year pop free :) HUGE accomplishment!! Thanks for posting Steve Job’s speech–very moving. Say, what type of SLR do you have and any attachments? I know you’ve mentioned it here before, but could not find it. Thanks!!

Enjoy your weekend with Bryan…bahaha…….seriously though hope you feel better soon. You and E have a nice weekend.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

Hey Stacie! My camera info can be found here: http://ohsheglows.com/faqs/#blogfaq (Question #10)

Don’t be jealous of Bryan! ;) He can be yours too for one easy payment of $15.49

Stacie March 26, 2011

ha ha ha ha ha….I think I just did my ab workout for the day ;) Thanks for the link!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 26, 2011

I’m so sorry to hear about your tailbone.. I know exactly how you feel. Injuries are the WORST.

Renée March 26, 2011

All of your juices have such beautiful colour!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 26, 2011

All the juices are so pretty! Like drinking gems. :)

Talia Lapid March 26, 2011

I love the shirt you’re wearing while doing yoga! Where is it from?

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 26, 2011

tks! its a lululemon circa 2008 :)

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy March 26, 2011

I love that video still! Haha! :)

Danielle March 26, 2011

How exactly does juicing carrots (and other vegetables really) work? They really are beautiful colors…

Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) March 26, 2011

I just found your blog and I am so excited to go back through your old posts. Those juices are really making me want to get a juicer!

Katherine: Unemployed March 26, 2011

I so wish I had food like that when I go to a friends house ‘to watch the game.’ You must be an amazing hostess

Moni'sMeals March 26, 2011

Love all your juices. :) I made parsnip fries this week but chocolate!…I am on it!

Take care resting up. :)

Stefanie March 26, 2011

Those juices look so pretty. I hope you are felling better soon.

Ellie@fitforthesoul March 26, 2011

kkkkkkk I love that video shot you got. I was like, WATS SHE WATCHING?!!! 0_o Hmmm i bet it’s so amazingly refreshing to start the morning with fresh juice. have a beautiful day Ang~

Page 1 of 3123»