Project Food Blog Challenge #8: Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls

20101120-IMG_1409

As you can see, my beverage of choice during Project Food Blog has become progressively stronger.

Over the past few months, I went from being a devout Japanese Sencha tea drinker, to a French Press coffee drinker, and now I pour bourbon whiskey into my baked goods.

‘Tis the season.

20101121-IMG_2446

This year, I am preparing a special holiday breakfast for my family on Christmas morning.

Project Food Blog Challenge #8- to make a sweet or savoury baked good containing pumpkin– suddenly became the perfect dress rehearsal for my special holiday breakfast.

I decided to tackle a baked good I had been afraid to make for a long time…

Delicious, irresistible, gooey Cinnamon rolls.

In this post, I will demystify the cinnamon roll baking process in a step-by-step manner and also show you how to throw together an elegant and unique holiday breakfast that you can wow your loved ones with.

Let’s ROLL!

title

For the recipes, please see the attached PDF.

First, we start off with a baking science experiment. Grab your lab coat apron and let’s begin!

step1prooftheyeast

Proofing the yeast means that we activate the yeast by mixing it with warm water and sugar. It is important that the water you use is not too hot or you may kill the yeast. It should be the temperature you would use for a baby’s bottle.

When the yeast mixture gets bubbly and foamy, it is active (see above photo).

prooftheyeast2resized

Meanwhile, grab your largest mixing bowl!

20101119-IMG_0779

This bowl was originally Eric’s grandmother’s bowl and my Mother-in-Law recently handed it down to me.

It was a moment.

I polish it about 10 times a day and I refer to it as the lucky baking bowl.

step2mixthedough

In a saucepan, mix the wet dough ingredients and heat on low until dissolved. Allow to cool for a couple minutes. It should be warm and not too hot to touch. Think- baby bottle!

sweetdoughwetresized

For this recipe, I used all vegan ingredients like vegan butter and almond milk, but it also works with non-vegan ingredients. You can adapt it to how you want it.

This saucepan mixture is sweet, buttery, and smooth. I could drink this stuff it tastes so good.

Gather 4 of the 6 cups of all purpose flour in your large bowl.

20101119-IMG_0773

Mix the proofed yeast with the saucepan mixture and add this to the 4 cups of flour.

20101120-IMG_1243

Stir with a big ‘ol wooden spoon.

20101119-IMG_0804

The dough mixture will be very wet and sticky, but have no fear! This is a good thing.

Add in 2 more cups of flour.

mixthedough1resized

Get in there with your hands and roughly knead it all together. Don’t be shy, it won’t bite!

20101120-IMG_1265

Your dough is now a hot mess.

20101119-IMG_0832

If you think this is bad, wait until you see what your kitchen is going to look like in a couple hours!

Fill your bowl with hot water and soap and let it soak while you knead the dough.

20101119-IMG_0929

step3kneadthedough

Thanks to Project Food Blog, specifically the Pizza Challenge, I have fallen in love with bread making and I have since made all kinds of bread recipes.

I’m in my happy place when I’m kneading dough!

20101119-IMG_0836

I swear that is not the bourbon talking…

Knead the dough for 8 minutes, but first, crank your favourite music.

kneading2resized

I grant you permission to consider this your workout for the day.

Tomorrow, you shall awake with arms so toned Jillian Michaels will be envious.

20101120-IMG_1352

8 minute arms. A future baking workout DVD perhaps? ;)

Now, finish cleaning the bowl and spread some oil all over the interior. This prevents the dough from sticking to the surface as it rises.

step4oilthebowl

The oil is also a great moisturizer for dry winter hands!

20101119-IMG_0953

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.

step5risethedough

Turn on the light in your oven (it gives off a very slight heat) and leave the bowl in the oven for 90 minutes.

Don’t do something silly and turn the oven on to preheat it while the dough is rising in there.

…Not that that has happened to me or anything!

While the dough rises, prepare the frosting, pumpkin pie filling, and pecan cinnamon streusel.

You didn’t think you were going to rest did you? This is a workout!

step6makethefrosting

This is an incredibly smooth cream cheese frosting.

20101119-IMG_0990

Stir the icing ingredients by hand.

20101119-IMG_0991

Feel the burn.

Oh, will it burn.

This is the point where you feel like adding milk because your arm is tired, but you must resist every urge to add liquid. Stay strong, my dear bakers, stay strong.

It will all come together with some elbow grease…

See?

20101119-IMG_0995

Smooth cream cheese frosting with the perfect consistency for piping.

step9makethepumpkinpiefilling

Now get busy with the fillings.

step7toastthepecans step20cinnamon sugar

After 90 minutes, you will be left with dough that has more than doubled in size.

20101119-IMG_1024

This is really exciting.

step8pokethedough poketestresized

Poke, poke, poke!

If you poke the dough and it does not spring back up, it is ready!

20101119-IMG_1036

step10shapethedough

For this next part you can use a rolling pin, but I prefer to use my hands because I’m all rustic like that.

Make sure there is plenty of flour underneath your dough.

flourthetableresize

Much better.

Now gently and press (or roll out) the dough to form a large rectangle approximately 15 x 20 inches. Be patient as this process moves slowly and you don’t want to tear the dough.

pressingoutdoughresized

When you have something that looks like an irregular rectangle, you have completed your mission!

20101120-IMG_1489

Don’t drive yourself crazy trying to get a perfectly shaped rectangle. We have cinnamon rolls to eat and bourbon to drink!

step11fillthedough

Grab your man’s BBQ baster dainty pastry brush and spread on the butter.

20101120-IMG_1498

In my first attempt, I tried using fresh puréed pumpkin and my rolls did not turn out because the fresh pumpkin contained too much water. If you are set on using fresh puréed pumpkin, I would try straining it with a cheesecloth overnight to allow the water to drip out. Otherwise, canned pumpkin works perfectly!

Now it is time to spread on the Pumpkin Pie Filling and pour on the Pecan Cinnamon Streusel.

pumpkinfillingsugarresized

Pumpkin Pie + Cinnamon Roll = Heaven.

20101120-IMG_1745

If you aren’t a pumpkin fan you can simply leave out the pumpkin pie filling and still have a delicious cinnamon roll.

Or why not try making apple pie, pecan pie, or cherry pie cinnamon rolls? Have fun experimenting with all different kinds of pie flavours!

step12rollthedough

Get your roll on.

rollingresized 20101120-IMG_1785

step13cuttherolls

Dental floss isn’t just for your teeth anymore!

Using floss is more effective than a knife when cutting the rolls because the string doesn’t squish or stick to the dough like a knife does.

floss1resized

In a desperate moment, I used mint flavoured dental floss.

Our little baker’s secret. ;)

20101119-IMG_1138

Pumpkin Pie all rolled up.

20101119-IMG_1147

Place the rolls in a large casserole dish and cover with plastic wrap. Let them rise for 45 minutes. They will spread beautifully and cover every nook and cranny in the casserole dish.

step14risetherolls

If you are making these for a holiday breakfast, you can prepare the rolls the night before and just pop them into the fridge overnight for the second rise. In the morning, let the casserole dish sit at room temperature for a half hour before baking.

step15baketherolls

Bake the rolls for 25-27 minutes at 350F until golden in colour.

The house smells so sweet and delicious it is intoxicating.

step16frosttherolls

You can frost the rolls several ways: 1) Pipe on the frosting with a pastry bag and round tip, 2) Use a plastic baggie with one corner cut off, 3) Spread on frosting with a palette knife, or 4) Drizzle thinned out frosting with a spoon.

icingtheroll1resized

If you want to save time, spread on the frosting while the rolls are still warm in the pan.

It creates a roll that is effortlessly chic

20101125-IMG_3341

These Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls are oozing with sweet, creamy pumpkin and crunchy pecan streusel all wrapped up in fluffy warm bread that melts in your mouth.

While the recipe does require some time and leg work, I was blown away by how easy they are to make! I can’t believe I waited so long to try making them.

20101121-IMG_2505

For my holiday breakfast, I decided to make a ‘Build Your Own’ Cinnamon Roll Party!

step17buildyourown

The Frostings:

step18frostings

The toppings:

step19toppings

I rounded out my holiday menu with homemade trail mix, tea, cranberry juice, and fruit.

tablesettingresized

We made all kinds of crazy flavours that were fun to name…

names3

I was The Indecisive, which was no surprise to Eric.

Eric was of course the Chocolate Ganache, which was no surprise to me. I thought he deserved a self-titled roll!

Oh, check out the Sticky bun bottom…

20101121-IMG_2253

I rest my case.

By the way, if Santa is visiting your house this year be sure to leave one out for him…

santa

Your stocking will thank you for it. ;)

~~

This is my official entry for Project Food Blog Challenge #8. Voting is now open for Challenge #8. I appreciate your support in advancing me to round 9!

1 Erinn November 28, 2010

AMAZING. Making these Christmas morning for my parents who think all vegans are Birkenstock wearing, dirty, hippies.

2 Hope November 28, 2010

Its like you read my mind! I’ve had a mad craving for cinnamon rolls lately mm mmmmm!
I love love love your final pic of the one for Santa, its gorgeous!
Totally voting for you!

3 Courtney November 28, 2010

Incredible! So much more than a cinnamon bun!

4 CathyK November 28, 2010

Wonderful, wonderful idea, angela!! love your photos and step by step instructions – i think even i (a rather novice baker) could attempt these – and succeed!
we are BIG on “sticky buns,” as we call them, in our family for Christmas Day morning. Long time tradition. So i heartily encourage the making of cinnamon rolls as a part of Christmas!
thanks again for the great details in your post – and your usual humour and cheer! :)

5 Chelsea November 28, 2010

These look soo delicious! Wish i was at your house for christmas morning!

6 Corey @ The Runner's Cookie November 28, 2010

SO gorgeous Angela!! These look incredible, and your step-by-step definitely demystifies the cinnamon roll making process. I want to bake these for my family on Christmas morning :)

7 Holly November 28, 2010

one day i hope to be as fabulous as you. seriously, you are a genius.

8 Lauren at KeepItSweet November 28, 2010

these look incredible!! love all of the topping options… i’d probably use a little of everything:-)

9 Madeline November 28, 2010

This is the most pictures I’ve ever seen in a blog post! Incredible! :) Looks taaaaaaassssty.

10 Shannon, Tropical Eats November 28, 2010

I love how crisp and clean your photos are :)

these look scrumptious!

11 Lauren November 28, 2010

Beautiful pictures – I love all the different roll variation and their names, cute!

12 Katie November 28, 2010

Angela, you are a girl after my own heart – cinnamon rolls are my favorite! Seriously, you’ve outdone yourself. I’m going to have to finally figure out how to vote on this project food blog thing, because you truly do deserve to win! Can’t imagine all the work that must go into it – but your entries really are spectacular. Now to talk my mom into helping me make these for Christmas morning!

13 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Thanks Katie!

14 Laura @ Backstage Pass November 28, 2010

Adding Bourbon to cinnamon rolls? Now you’ve got my attention!
These look great and can’t wait to try out the recipe.

15 Katie November 28, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this! I am rooting you to win this! U have it all, talent, heart, and dedication!!!!

16 Tracey November 28, 2010

These look AMAZING! Great job, I can’t wait to try them! By the way, I made your spiced nuts to take to my family’s house for Thanksgiving and everyone loved them! I think they may be my new favorite snack, however, they are so addicting!

17 Emily @ SunnyBeans November 28, 2010

These look amazing!!! I will be making these cinnamon rolls over my winter break. I now dream of a day baking…yummy!

18 Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 28, 2010

Angela. This is unbelievable. You have my vote!! Your heart and soul has been poured into every single post, this one is beyond amazing. You will always have my vote girl! AMAZING JOB!!

19 Melissa November 28, 2010

Oh my! These look so delicious! I can’t wait to make them Christmas morning (or probably sooner)… Great idea to use dental floss to cut the rolls! You’ve got my one and only vote, once again!

20 Lisa November 28, 2010

Wow, Angela, these are so beautiful and delicious looking! You definitely have my vote :)

21 Meghan November 28, 2010

You are SO incredible and talented. This looks absolutely mouthwatering, you certainly have my vote! Good luck! Oh and…which one were you? the romantic? :)

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

The Indecisive….haha ;)

23 Little Bookworm November 28, 2010

Amazing! They sound incredible. I have never had cinnamon rolls but may have to try to make them after seeing this recipe. :) Good luck for Challenge 8!

24 Lauraa November 28, 2010

Love it! Good job, you can tell how much work and thought you put into these challenges!
Enjoy your time out west!

25 Madeleine@ Stepping to the Brightside November 28, 2010

There are no words… Almost. I wish I could virtually zap one to my desk as I type… I better get to voting!

26 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 28, 2010

Amazing girl! Amazing. I think me, my fam plus a few more may be visiting YOU for Christmas this year. :)

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 28, 2010

Angela, you never cease to amaze me – I have been scheming to make cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, and these are the winners. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

28 Emma @ Getting There & Going Places November 28, 2010

Awesome! Great post! So much fun to read!
Beautiful pictures too!
These cinnamon buns look absolutely amazing!
I love how you give multiple options! Each variation sounds awesome to me!
How do you do it?! ;)

29 Wei-Wei November 28, 2010

Amazing. Adorable. Genius. Intoxicatingly yummy. What else can I say?

30 salah@myhealthiestlifestyle November 28, 2010

OMG those look soooo divine!!!! OMG, the hippie one is all I want to eat right now!!

31 elise November 28, 2010

holy S%#T i wish i lived with you…id be so dang fat and happy. you are truly an amazing chef my dear! if only these could ship – id order them from you by the case!!

32 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition November 28, 2010

This post is unreal! Seriously, from the photography to the recipe…it is absolutely amazing!

33 kristin November 28, 2010

Again, you’ve done an amazing job! You have put so much effort into your entries…I think this competition is yours! You have my vote…absolutely! Congrats on another amazing, mouth-watering entry.

34 Liana @ femme fraiche November 28, 2010

These look like quite the labour of love. What a fun weekend-day activity and the results look like they’re totally worth it! Good luck this round:)

35 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 28, 2010

I LOVE this!! Absolutely mouthwatering, and I love that you included all the little tips and tricks of the trade. I need to get over my fear of yeast and make these!

36 Linda November 28, 2010

Incredible!!!! these pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls are amazing.. I haven’t words!!

37 Allison November 28, 2010

Oh my yum! I have had such failures with rock hard, unrisen cinnamon rolls in the past, but after mostly mastering your Fluffy White Dinner Rolls for Thanksgiving, I may have to give these a shot.

38 Krystina (Basil & Wine) November 28, 2010

OH.MY.GOD. Those are the cinnamon rolls dreams are made of.

39 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) November 28, 2010

Mmmmmmmmmm… that’s all I can say right now :)

40 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) November 28, 2010

Okay, I’m calm again.

Those look soooo amazing! I can’t even remember the last time I had a cinnamon roll, but I need to change this asap! The only problem is, I kind of have a feeling none of them will compare to yours. :)

PS. I was going to share your Delight Glo Bars with friends and family, but after tasting my first one, I kind of want to be greedy and keep them to myself. They are definitely my new favourite flavour!!! :D

41 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

I’m so glad you like them :)

42 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) November 28, 2010

OMG, can I come over for breakfast?? I love the build your own idea!! I want a bourbon espresso one, please.

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Sure, I have lots of dough in the freezer right now!

44 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 28, 2010

This is AMAZING Angela! What a great idea, and it looks UNBELIEVABLY yummy! You’ve got my vote! :D
And I like the look of The Eric myself! :P

45 Laura @ Starloz November 28, 2010

omfg, drool

46 Em November 28, 2010

You’re amazing! I’ve been thinking about making my own cinnamon rolls for the longest time, I may just have to do it now. Thanks for the never ending inspiration!

47 Charlie November 28, 2010

These look amazing! I tried to make cinnamon rolls a couple of weeks ago. It was my first experience with yeast and it was a total flop :p. When I try again, I’ll definitely use your step by step guide ;).

48 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston November 28, 2010

Wow. Wow. Wow. Enough said.

49 ashley @ ashley's adventures in alaska November 28, 2010

I’m normally not a huge cinnamon roll fan (too much bread!) but these look amazing! Yum!

50 Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen November 28, 2010

Incredible!! Seriously…the rolls…and then all the sauces?? Magic!

51 Georgie @ Georgie Goes Healthy November 28, 2010

I’m with everyone else – WOW. I loved all of the “decorated” rolls and the names you gave them! I so want to try the “romantic” one.

52 Gina November 28, 2010

Angela, these sound delectable! Amazing job!
Oh She Glows for the win :)

53 Maria November 28, 2010

You always have the greatest tutorials! I always love your in-depth, step by step pictures!

54 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 28, 2010

Look INSANE. Your pictures, especially the rolling ones, are so beautiful!! Good luck!

55 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 28, 2010

If this is what happens when you drink Bourbon, please DRINK MORE!! Actually, let’s have a round together :). Your dough-kneading is beautiful. Has anyone told you that lately? :)

56 Devon November 28, 2010

I might be wrong, but these are the most amazingly delectable things you’ve ever made, and that is saying a LOT. YUM! Can’t wait to try them!!

57 Laura November 28, 2010

These look amazing, Angela, well done! Best wishes for getting through to the next round, although I’d be very surprised if you didn’t!

I’ve never had a northern hemisphere style cinnamon roll. In New Zealand, I think most families grow up making cinnamon pinwheel scones instead, which are also insanely good. You make a basic (English-style) scone dough recipe, with the butter rubbed in, then just roll it out, spread over a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and softened butter, roll it up, slice, then bake. No yeast required, and I highly recommend it! I’m sure it would veganize well too, if you used non-dairy spread and milk.

58 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 28, 2010

Oooooooooh my goodness. This is by far my favourite PFB entry yet. Ange you are absolutely AMAZING!!! At this rate I hope you’re going to be issuing a mass apology to the world because Santa isn’t going to want to leave your house!!

59 Amanda (Eating Up) November 28, 2010

I’m gonna be sad when PFB is over because I am loving everyone’s posts! Although I always love your posts so I guess it’s not really a problem!

60 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 28, 2010

Holy cow. These are unreal.

61 Miranda @ MirandasJeans November 28, 2010

OMG! :-o Can you sell these on your GloBars website? I want I want I want :-D.

Yumo!

62 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

I would love to, but I don’t think they would ship very well…hehe

63 Miranda @ MirandasJeans November 29, 2010

Yeah a girl can still dream though *ahhhh* :-) lol.

64 Maddie (Healthy Maddie) November 28, 2010

Oh my gosh! Those look delicious! I can not wait to make them :)

65 bitt November 28, 2010

Wonderful job! I am sad I can’t vote yet. Until tomorrow.

So glad you won the last reader’s choice! You deserve it!

66 stacey-healthylife November 28, 2010

Wow nice job, that was top notch. Everything looks and sounds amazing, excellent job.

67 anonymous November 28, 2010

Amazing! Ya got my vote :D

68 Michelle November 28, 2010

These look delicious!!! I’m a little confused though. Did you already have the family Christmas breakfast or you will make them again for Christmas breakfast?

69 Natalie November 28, 2010

Amazing, just amazing. Such an inspiration, and so yummy! :)

70 Danielle November 28, 2010

I think that quite possibly this post is my favorite yet from your blog! And that’s saying something ’cause I love ’em all!

71 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher November 28, 2010

You’ve inspired my current greediness.
Thank you.

72 Anne P November 28, 2010

Good… lord. Drooling.

73 The Peanut Butter Addict November 28, 2010

These look amazing! I wish I was coming to your holiday breakfast :D

74 Ashley November 28, 2010

out.of.CONTROL. just fabulous!!!

75 Lindsay McAlester November 28, 2010

Wiping the drool of my face now. :) I have tried making cinnamon rolls in the past for Christmas morning. I did NOT succeed. :( I KNOW I can do it now with your help! Thanks for the great recipe and step by step. So excited to try these out! :)

BTW~ I make your Vegan Enchiladas almost every week. My two kids and husband LOVE them!

76 Elena November 28, 2010

Thank you for posting this! my husband is crazy about cinnamon rolls but i am yet to find a great recipe for great vegan rolls. I will be trying this one for sure!

77 Kamaile November 28, 2010

I’ve made vegan cinnamon rolls but never with PUMPKIN! YUM!

78 Katie (Sweet Tater) November 28, 2010

girrrrl, if you don’t win this thing, i don’t know who will. you’re killin’ it. :)

79 Tiffany November 28, 2010

Those look incredible!

80 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 28, 2010

You are so creative Angela! Another incredible entry!

81 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 28, 2010

So you whipped these up in like 10 mins flat, right?!

KIDDING!!!

Omg. Angela. The work. The photos. The editing. The posting of it. Aside from the actual RECIPE which is divine…the work in this post…I am shuddering to think how long you spent, but thanking you…big time!

“Japanese Sencha tea drinker, to a French Press coffee drinker, and now I pour bourbon whiskey into my baked goods.”–LOL!!! love it! I use Tj’s Bourbon Vanilla Extract in anything i can possible add it to :)

And the toppings/frostings for these bad boys…oh choc ganache and bourbon espresso (i want to just drink that!) and cream cheese…WOW!!!

You blew my mind!!!

82 Jenny November 28, 2010

You do such a beautiful job with these entries. Love the way you frosted the rolls. Just when I thought cinnamon rolls couldn’t get any better, ya throw in some pumpkin :)

83 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 28, 2010

WOW, that’s all there is to say! You have managed to exceed yourself every challenge! Of course, you deserve to win it all. Really, really, beautiful and I know that they must be tasty!

84 Andrea November 28, 2010

Wow! Amazing!

85 Shannen November 28, 2010

what a beautiful post!! so gorgeous 8D I AM SO. MAKING THESE. i really admire your dedication and effort, YOU HAVE MY VOTE (as always)

86 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 28, 2010

I just thought I was full from dinner – my stomach growled when I saw these! The topping bar is a great idea. I’m partial to “The Eric.” Never enough chocolate! :)

87 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 28, 2010

This looks great! My mouth is watering! Maybe I’ll make these for my friend and I when she visits later this week!

88 Sarah November 28, 2010

Angela, when I saw that first picture of the dough all rolled up, I actually had the thought that I wanted to lay my head on that doughy pillow. I’m not sure how my brain went there…but no joke, it did.

89 Erin @ the office appetite November 28, 2010

…..
I think I have just discovered my ONE reason for wanting a bigger kitchen…
….
however, that will not stop me from making a complete MESS out the teeny one I have. I must make these!!

90 Stacie November 28, 2010

You have once again out done yourself! Ooeey, gooey, yummerz! Thanks for the pdf file…as always :) Thanks too for the dental floss trick–genius! Loved your last pic of Santa’s plate taking threw the pitcher of juice. Not only can you cook and bake, you can photograph too! Must do tomorrow: vote for Angela in Challenge #8!!

91 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad November 28, 2010

Your recipes never cease to amaze!! What a neat idea to have a create your own cinnamon roll breakfast! Btw, is that vegan cream cheese frosting?

92 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Yes it is…I used Tofutti brand and it was INCREDIBLE. Maybe the best cream cheese frosting I have ever tasted. I was blown away.

93 AGS November 30, 2010

Agree! I’m not close to vegan, and I’ve found Tofutti “cream cheese” to be very good (particularly if you are looking to cut out the saturated fat).

94 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 30, 2010

I think it was the first time I have ever tried it, and I couldn’t believe that it tasted identical to the regular stuff. Awesome :)

95 Karen November 28, 2010

Holy moly! Everytime I think it can’t get any better and yet, somehow you out-do yourself!!

I usually make monkey bread with frozen rolls on Christmas Eve and then bake them as soon as we get up Christmas morning. I am DEFINITELY trying these this year instead. They look so fabulous!
My mom is kind of famous for her cinnamon sticky buns, but she hasn’t made them in forever because she can’t find her beloved hot roll mix in the supermarket. Maybe I can show her she can do it without the mix! Don’t be afraid of the yeast! Hahahaha

Thanks and good luck! I think you are going to win the whole thing!

96 Healthy Chocoholic November 28, 2010

Yummy! Cinnamon rolls are some of my favorite breakfast foods.

97 Faith @ lovelyascharged November 28, 2010

Holy crap, there’s just so much here that I love! Cinnamon rolls in general, bourbon in the baked goods, the progression of your drink strength, the toppings to suit any mood, and the photo at the end! More or less…this whole post blew me away! GOOD LUCK!!!

98 Potato Chops and Boneless Chicken November 28, 2010

You had me at cinnamon rolls. They look out of this world. I love your take on each personalized version. And your table décor is AMAZING!!!

99 Bronwyn Coyne November 28, 2010

OMG yum. Sooooo how about I come work for you and you just pay me in food? I promise not to eat too much while I’m baking! :D

100 Kayla November 28, 2010

Wow, these look amazing! I’ve made homemade cinnamon rolls before, I do it the easy way! Haha, I made dough in the bread machine, then rolled it out and just topped it with butter and cinnamon/sugar. But these look WAY more delicious! I really must make these!

Seriously, why don’t you have your own cookbook yet?! ;)

101 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 28, 2010

These look so incredible!

For Christmas morning breakfast we always just have a simple buffet of toast, eggs, and fruit. I think I need to add these cinnamon rolls to the menu this year to kick start our sweet tooths for the day. ;)

102 Kayla November 28, 2010

Seriously, why don’t you have your own cookbook yet?! ;)

103 Cara Craves... November 28, 2010

Can I just choose you as the winner, cause this is the best idea ever.
You are such a great baker and teacher; you make it look quite effortless.
You should be very proud of yourself.

104 Leanne @healthfulpursuit November 28, 2010

I agree with Kayla – you need a cookbook!

I cannot wait to make these for Christmas morning, gluten free of course. I’ll let you know how that goes… and the vegan cream cheese icing!? How fantastic! Thanks for another amazing recipe!

105 Rachel (tea and chocolate) November 28, 2010

These look incredible! I’ve made homemade cinnamon rolls before, but this recipe sure beats the one I used. Good luck on the challenge!

106 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 28, 2010

Awesome job Angela! These look AMAZING! Completely drool worthy! I will HAVE to try to make these… Although the whole “yeast” thing scares me.

107 runblondie26 November 28, 2010

Wow, those look absolutely out of control.

108 Melissa @ I Never Imagined November 28, 2010

Ange!!! This is amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to vote!!!

109 saffity November 28, 2010

Totally making these for a gathering tomorrow!!! These sound DELISH!

110 Ravenous Rowie November 28, 2010

Holy deliciousness! Those look amazing! Unfortunately, now I want cinnamon rolls instead of dinner…

111 Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) November 28, 2010

No words! This whole post is spectacular and the photos are breathtaking! I hope you win :)

112 Lynna November 28, 2010

Your Project Food Blog posts are the best! I really like how you named all the different topping combinations! Also, the font you used in the photos is great. Everything looks so professional!

113 Shanna, like Banana November 28, 2010

May I come over for your Christmas breakfast? ;)

114 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Sure :) Please bring Eric chocolate. ;)

115 Fanta November 28, 2010

Wow… you’ve really outdone yourself here. This was a successful project and the directions and illustrations are perfect. Thank you!

116 Sandy November 28, 2010

Elegant and amazing! Great job!

117 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair November 28, 2010

Amazing! I can’t wait to try making these for my family at Christmas!!

118 Kris November 28, 2010

The amount of work and heart and soul your pour into these challenges truly shines through in your posts!!!! Simply AMAZING! You deserve to win this hands down. You’ve got my vote! :-)

119 Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul November 28, 2010

What a fun and delicious idea!

120 Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) November 28, 2010

I am speechless. What a fantastic effort! — every time.

121 Elle November 28, 2010

you are simply an over-achiever. simply…. and you ROCKED the cinnamon roll. wonderul.!!

122 Ally November 28, 2010

These looks fantastic and I love that they are vegan!! I love the idea of having different toping options. How fun.

123 Laura November 28, 2010

Absolutely Stunning!
Im so in the mood for cinnamon buns and christmas.
nomnomnom

124 Alaina November 29, 2010

I could practically taste it! Those look AMAZING!!! :-P

125 sassy molassy November 29, 2010

Oh my lanta, Angela, that looks amazing! I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls last week w/ pumpkin mixed into the dough. They were absolutely delicious. I love the topping bar idea and the various options for drizzling the frosting. Brilliant! I bet Eric loves having these goodies around to “test.” I know my boyfriend LOVES it when I want to make something new. :)

126 Ashley November 29, 2010

Those look so amazing. Beyond words amazing! I’m jealous at your creativity with food. I’m definitely trying these out in the future!

127 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com November 29, 2010

Angela,
I am one hundred percent, totally, completely, can’t hardly stand it, in love with you. This post is radiating with talent, passion, and grace. You really really won this. I know I’m gushing, but your level of dedication is unparalleled; I’m so inspired. Best of luck this round- you deserve it!
-Andrea

128 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Aww i luv u!

129 Alicia November 29, 2010

Your seriously amazing, btw I’m totally drooling. I think you’ll win this next one no problem :)

130 christyn @ All Ways Nutritious November 29, 2010

gorgeous! you are the next Martha. i have been contemplating cinnamon rolls and am thankful to have step by step instructions from OSG. i love the floss cutting idea. you have my vote!!

131 Steph in Dubai November 29, 2010

LOVE IT! You are amazing!

132 Amanda November 29, 2010

Incredible…. really really incredible. That post must’ve taken forever to write and photograph!

133 Coco November 29, 2010

It’s official: I want to be YOU when I grow up! lol seriously…seriously cinnamon buns + pumpkin pie…+ whiskey…I just went into a diabetic coma. *drooling*

134 Marie-Sophie November 29, 2010

These photos are beautiful, Angela!!!! And once again I am deeply saddened that we don’t have canned pumpkin here in Germany. Well, looks like I need a cheesecloth … :-)

135 The Cuisinerd November 29, 2010

YUM TOWN! Nicely done lady!!

136 Jackie November 29, 2010

Those look positively divine!!! Yummy….wish I could taste yours.

137 May November 29, 2010

Angie, could you please be my personal chef ? I know I can always count on you to deliver something so nutritious & delicious! Eric is really really lucky to have you . I’m so jealous =p

138 Tosca November 29, 2010

can’t wait to try :)
looks amazing, but be tasting so super great

139 Tosca November 29, 2010

hmmm, my typing is a little, but you know what I mean.
must be delicious

140 Cherine November 29, 2010

Absolutely amazing!

141 thefruitpersuit (Sabine) November 29, 2010

Un-frickin-believable Angela! You are THE baking superstar, imo!

142 Nikki November 29, 2010

Wow it looks delicious! Great post =D

143 AGS November 29, 2010

Wow.

144 Casey Thomas November 29, 2010

Looks wonderful Angela!

145 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 29, 2010

Ok, so I already commented yesterday… But I had DREAMS about these cinnamon rolls. I think a trial run will be in order before Christmas… and like SOON!! Oooo maybe I’ll make them for after my first race on Saturday!

146 Allison @ Food for Healing November 29, 2010

those look so good, i love buns.
the dental floss is such a good idea! i’ll have to rememeber that because the knife does seem to stick!

147 Clara November 29, 2010

Angela,
YUMM!
I absolutley love your blog. I re-create your recipes on a weekly basis!
Question: What do you do with all the left-overs??
Clara.

148 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Let me just say Eric brought A LOT into work hehe
and I froze dough too

149 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 29, 2010

Holy cow! Those look amazing. I love the variety of shots of the rolls with different toppings too. How creative. And delicious.

150 Annie November 29, 2010

Wow. Those cinnamon rolls look delicious! I plan on making them in the next few weeks. Good luck with this challenge. You got my vote!

151 jenna November 29, 2010

SO BEAUTIFUL ANGELA! you need your own cook book!!!

152 megan @ whatmegansmaking November 29, 2010

amazing – how in the world did you do that last picture?

153 Lee November 29, 2010

Angela, these turned out beautifully! How many test runs do you do before the final??

154 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

I think I did 3 or 4 trials :)

155 Camille November 29, 2010

What an excellent idea!
As always, you have my vote :)

156 Jenny November 29, 2010

you never cease to amaze me! Awesome!

157 RhodeyGirl November 29, 2010

1. I made cinnamon rolls this weekend too! My post is coming tomorrow. So fun!

2. I LOVE your table. It is so beautiful and just perfect for the holiday season.

3. I can tell you went the extra step, and I can’t wait to vote for you.

158 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

thanks love!

159 carpensm @ A Life Without Ice Cream November 29, 2010

OMG! Throughout the course of this blog I went from thinking “hmm those sound yummy” to “OMG, I need to find a way to make these for my family for Christmas morning!!!” These sound totally to die for! Best of luck!

160 Natalia - a side of simple November 29, 2010

I just have one thing to say, or rather request. Can I come over for your holiday breakfast? Please? :)

161 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Sureeeeeee :) Please bring bourbon. lol

162 Tiffany L November 29, 2010

Angela. Thanks so much for this post and best wishes on the blog contest. The cinnamon rolls look delicious. Having cinnamon rolls on Christmas Day is my new favorite tradition and making them ‘vegan’ was something I was going to attempt for this Christmas. Thanks for sharing the process.

163 Emily November 29, 2010

Omg! One of the first things I baked when I got home for Thanksgiving break last week was veganyumyum’s cinnamon rolls. Cutting the rolls with thread (or dental floss in your case) is a completely genius way not to smoosh them, I was seriously amazed hahaha. I can’t wait to go back home for Christmas to make the pumpkin edition! Thank you, and you have my vote (like always).

164 Moni'sMeals November 29, 2010

Unreal Angela, unreal! (in a good way!)
You do such an amazing job.
Plus it looks straight out of a Foods Magazine.
NICE WORK and GREAT RECIPE!

Go Angela Go!

165 Izzlecanoe November 29, 2010

Hey Angela, First time commenter. I love your blog and these look totally amazing……I have a question though. Where did you get the yeast for this? I made bread yesterday and my yeast did not look like that!!!!! After activation it just had a few bubbles, not a beautiful foam like yours….. The bread was tasty but a little dense and I think it was the yeast…..any tips would be really appreciated.

Have a great day
Isla

166 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

I will look at the brand of the yeast when I get home I cant quite remember what I used :)
Maybe your yeast was expired?

167 Sabina November 29, 2010

Angela!

Awesome, awesome job! Those treats look delicious! Your presentation of them… I’m speechless: great pictures, great table decorating. Best of luck in the challenge!

Some questions: what about using a stand mixer for the mixing and the kneading? Would that work as well?

168 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

Im really not sure. I havent had luck with stand mixers and kneading dough. It would be a ‘use at your own risk’ type of thing. ;)

It would work for the icing for sure though.

169 Kyla November 29, 2010

These look amazing!
Your story is very inspiring to me. It’s takes a lot of guts to change your path in life , figure out what you really want to do, and go for it! When you do what you love it definateyl shows!
I love your photos! What kind of camera do you use?!

170 Amber K November 29, 2010

I don’t think I would ever have the patience for that kind of baking! (Especially since I’d have to figure out the best flours for a gluten-free version). But you do inspire me to become more comfortable in the kitchen!

171 Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker November 29, 2010

Hahaha. “The Hippie” — I love it. Creative as always, Angela!

172 Janna November 29, 2010

Need. To. Make. These. Immediately.

My roll of choice would be The Indecisive! YUM!

You never cease to amaze me. And way to use mint flavoured dental floss ha!

173 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes November 29, 2010

Wow these look amazing…I want to reach through the screen and steal one.

174 Vegan In The Rough November 29, 2010

Vegan Cinnamon Rolls? I LOVE YOU!!!
Can’t wait to make these!

175 Dee November 29, 2010

Oh my gosh! Every week you blow me away! You absolutely have my vote!

176 Laura November 29, 2010

Oh my word those look amazing

177 Amy November 29, 2010

All I can say is that I know know what I am making for Christmas morning breakfast! You really can’t go wrong with toasted pecans, cinnamon and a yummy yeast dough! Can’t wait to make this!

178 Melissa November 29, 2010

What an amazing job. So much work!!! Everything looks beautiful and I can’t wait to make me some pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls.

179 Brittany November 29, 2010

Oh I don’t know how you do it!! People are drooling throughout the world over VEGAN cinnamon rolls! If I wasn’t so deep in to studying for finals I would be making these… alas I will wait until December 16th and then it’ll be good times!! Thank you for always having amazing posts that live completely and utterly in every dream I dream at night… I’m just waiting for the moment I’ll be yelling out COOKIE in my sleep and my boyfriend Ryan will get concerned!!

180 Gloria November 29, 2010

Forget Project Food Blogger, move over Ina Garten, you are the next big food star. Period. I am constantly blown away by your detailed instructions, creative ideas, and delicious food. Vegan or not, people LOVE you! Congratulations in advance, because you are going to blow everyone out of the water! And now I shall wipe the drool off my face and make these cinnamon rolls ;)

181 Chelsea November 29, 2010

Angela, you are like my hero.

182 sippitysup November 29, 2010

I don’t even know what to say, or how to explain that I can smell these baking all the way to Los Angeles. Beautiful in every way. GREG

183 Anna November 29, 2010

I’ve always declared my grandmother’s cinnamon rolls as being the best there is, but I think these have won. I can’t wait to try making them!

184 Alicia November 29, 2010

Great idea! Very helpful pictures. I love the idea of adding personalized toppings to these. Yum!

185 Sarah November 29, 2010

Please tell me you’re working on a cookbook!? I’d love to have all of your recipes compiled into one b/c it seems like I’m constantly looking at OSG for recipes! You are super talented. I’m making the “Twix or Treat Fingers” right now for my kiddos….mmm!

186 Cathy Breit November 29, 2010

you consistently top yourself, angela! This is amazing..can’t wait to try this! Great job on PFB!!
love,
cathy b. @ brightbakes

187 Nichole November 29, 2010

These look amazing, and given my pumpkin obsession, these are right up my alley. I am soooooo making these.

188 Margaret November 29, 2010

Hi Angela

These look amazing. Love all the photos included this time.

I am sooooo gforward to having these on MY table on Christmas morning.

Love the toppings on the side – a great way for everbody to make their own finished roll. I also love the ideal of serving the topings in your Cups and Saucers…. what a GREAT idea.

Like a lot of your friends, I agree (as do a number of my friends) that you should do a Cook Book.

Perhaps all the amazing work you have done for PROJECT FOOD BLOG can be the start of your very own FIRST COOK BOOK.

Judging from your comments, it seems that everybody is just waiting for it to come HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Way to go again….. Good luck to the next round and I have already voted.

189 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

so kind, thank you!

190 Jenna November 29, 2010

Wow! Cinnamon rolls are probably one of my favorite guilty pleasures! I am going to make these for Christmas morning, and I definitely think I am going to need to make your bourbon expresso sauce to go on top! I’m a little scared to use yeasted dough (I’ve never attempted to use yeast before), but thanks to your wonderful instructions and pictures, I think I might be able to do it!

You have my vote yet again! Oh, I also just wanted to say that I made your Pepperment Walnut Crunch Blondies this weekend and my meat eating boyfriend loved them and couldn’t believe they were vegan! He especially liked looking at how ground flax seeds gel up to make a vegan egg replacer ;) He also LOVES your vegan gravy!

191 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

that’s great! Glad you enjoyed them :)
Thanks for your support!

192 amy gray November 29, 2010

these pictures are soo beautiful! this recipe looks amazing thank you!

193 Mauimandy@Thegrainsofparadise November 29, 2010

Wow! I’m impressed ( and now very very hungry! ) Just beautiful :) Aloha!

194 Annie@stronghealthyfit November 29, 2010

Unbelievable. You should win PFB right now!

195 Balanced Healthy Life November 29, 2010

What a great post! I just got done voting for you! I am so happy you remembered one for Santa! : )

196 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life November 29, 2010

This is fantastic…hands down! You are amazing girl! :-D

197 Virginia @ YtotheUmmy November 29, 2010

UGH. adopt me! I want allll of these cinnamon rolls!

198 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 29, 2010

sure, can you make glo bars? lol ;)

199 momgateway November 29, 2010

I love the idea of “Build your own cinnamon roll party” with different toppings and frosting! Superb!

200 Heidi - Apples Under My Bed November 30, 2010

Another great entry, Angela. I just love this! I now think it is achievable to tackle them myself!! yum. what a fun breakfast. I love everything about it. Just voted for you!
Heidi xo

201 Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) November 30, 2010

I love that font that you’ve been using in your photos! Can I ask which one it is??

202 Ben November 30, 2010

I last made cinnamon rolls in a home ec class in jr high. These look better. :) Sticky bun bottom with bourbon, please!

203 Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 30, 2010

These look delectable, and I LOVE the idea of a toppings bar for cinnamon rolls!! Great job!

204 Kristy H November 30, 2010

Hi, yummmmmm! these look so good and I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for all the cookie receipes, I am making your soft peanut butter cookies tonight for dessert. I have been trying to go dairy free for the last couple of Months and have succeded with milk and butter but am finding it hard to cut cheese out of my diet. Do you have any tips that might help? did you find this difficult when going vegan?

205 retro sweets November 30, 2010

I really like it here because your’re taking a picture of every step. Can’t wait to try this! Yum!

206 retro sweets November 30, 2010

And by the way, I’ve voted for you on foodbuzz…. Goodluck! :)

207 traci November 30, 2010

Do you ever get tired of hearing the word delicious ? :) Because well these look so delicious !
They also looked lke they were fun to make :) You have my vote :D

208 Roz November 30, 2010

You SO deserve to win this challenge. Your photos, ideas, recipes and presentation are without comparison!!!! You have my vote for SURE!!! And if a publisher doesn’t jump at the chance and get you a book offer, well, I just don’t get it!!!
Dental floss? LOVE that idea!!!

209 Heidi November 30, 2010

Wow wow wow. I am humbled on so many levels! Everything looks breathtaking!!

I’m off to vote for ya!

210 Amy November 30, 2010

I love your blog!! I made a username just to vote for you on project food blog! i have been a vegan for 6 months you are total inspiration! thank you!

211 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 30, 2010

thank you!

212 Liz @ IHeartVegetables November 30, 2010

Wow those look SO amazing!!!! I love the pictures, and the lucky baking bowl ;) Your whole family is lucky to have such a talented cook!!! :)

213 Jess - The Domestic Vegan November 30, 2010

I am SO making these!!! I loooove making cinnamon rolls, but have never even thought of pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls! That almost sounds TOO delicious…

GORGEOUS pictures!

214 Cassidy Wilson November 30, 2010

Beautiful as always. Your creativity and sense of whimsy is so inspiring. Keep up your hard work : )

215 stephchows November 30, 2010

WOW simply amazing and delicious! Good luck!! voted!

216 Lindsey November 30, 2010

You are amazing!! I want those so badly on my Christmas morning that I think I’m ready to concur my bread making fear.
PS – I wish I was a part of your family because they must be really, really happy when you come over for dinner :)

217 Theresa November 30, 2010

Angela – you are beyond incredible!!!! Quick question though – at what point did u freeze them? And how long would u allow them to thaw before baking – and bake for the same time? I am dying to make them this weekend for visiting family but need to make them ahead of time.
Thanks so much!!

218 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 1, 2010

I froze the dough (in a ball), but I think I did hear you can freeze the rolls too. I’m not 100% sure on that one!

219 Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchen November 30, 2010

What an amazing post, I loved to step by step direction photos! I’ve recently fallen in love with yeast breads too and might have to give these a try. (I made some chocolate cinnamon rolls a while back but pumpkin sounds great for this time of year!) Good luck this round!

220 Heather November 30, 2010

Hoooo-kay….I LOVE Bulleit. It is so freakin’ good. You won me over with the first photo.

221 Angela (Oh She Glows) December 1, 2010

i concur!

222 Lisa November 30, 2010

You are INCREDIBLE! You are going to win this whole contest!!!! New Buick for YOU. :)

It makes me consider being a vegan (although seriously don’t think I can give up meat, I do love it), I didn’t know you could make everything in a vegan way!

223 Lauren November 30, 2010

Wow. These look seriously amazing! I always enjoy reading your blog – it makes me smile. And drool a bit too. =)

224 Michaela November 30, 2010

I love how many pictures you have. When it comes to making yeasted recipes, more pictures is always better. Something is always confusing otherwise.

The recipe looks delightful. I can’t wait to experiment with my cinnamon rolls!

225 torviewtoronto November 30, 2010

lovely post and filling delicious

226 Angela@spinachtiger November 30, 2010

Excellent post beginning to end. So much effort. you have my vote.

227 Hot Polka Dot's Mom December 1, 2010

Delightful post. Delicious recipe. Dough demystified. Well done!

228 Audrey December 1, 2010

This is probably your most amazing post ever, Angela. And you have some tough competition in yourself. Haha. Seriously, every shot is art and the rolls look amazing…like something from a high class cooking magazine. My favorite part of this post was all the names and combinations you came up with. I love the running joke about Eric wanting everything covered in chocolate. You are really too awesome. And that last photo was breathtaking…however did you get that keyhole look? You really amaze me. I can tell all the hard work that you put into this post. Now will someone please give you a Food Network show and a book deal already? The book is practically in the bag because you can write, photograph, cook, bake and have a contagious enthusiasm for life. And I better stop. Haha.

229 Kim December 2, 2010

School has kept me away from the blogosphere for months, but it looks like I came back just in time. This is an amazing post. I love the photos, the step by step instructions, the downloadable ingredients. And the cinnamon buns!! I can’t believe how good they look. I usually follow a yeast free diet, so I’ve never attempted something like this. But I’m tempted to try over the holidays just because these look irresistible. And I can’t get over how great this post is… it could be its own mini cinnamon bun cookbook. :)

230 Peggy December 2, 2010

Ok yeah, I was totally drooling during this entire post! I want these now! Definitely creative with the “make your own” section! Love it! Voting as we speak!

231 Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot December 2, 2010

I made cinnamon rolls for my would-be PFB challenge 8 post too. Yours look lovely and I adore all your topping options! You have my vote and good luck to you!

232 Lori Lynn December 2, 2010

Hi Angela – what a great idea for a holiday breakfast party! Adore your table setting! Good luck!
LL

233 Natalie December 3, 2010

Just wanted to let you know that I made these last night. I divided them in half, one container for home, one for work. They were devoured by the household. Then I brought them into work this morning. They’ve only been there for an hour and they’re almost gone. No one know they’re vegan, and Im not telling.

I’ve tried to make cinnamon rolls once before and they were a DISASTER. Thank you so much for this well organized and explanatory recipe.

234 Frankie December 3, 2010

I just want to live under your kitchen table! Those look absolutely sinful. :)

235 Jean December 26, 2010

As we would not be together on Christmas morning and cinnamon rolls have been a tradition for us as we open our gifts in the morning, one of my daughters made a pan of these rolls for each of us. They were quite delicious.

236 Natasha June 8, 2012

Where can I find the Bourbon Espresso, Pumpkin Glaze, and Chocolate Ganache frosting recipes? This looks delicious.

237 Hannah June 15, 2012

Just made these, YUM! Smells amazing, I made them before and lived them! Although this time I didn’t need the entire 90 minutes for the dough to rise, maxes like 18 when I made them! Great surprises :) thanks so much for coming up with this brilliant recipe. Love it! All my non-vegan friends and family are in love just as much as I am, you ruined Cinnabon in this house for sure! :D no complaints!!!

238 Sara September 23, 2012

I just made these, everyone loves them – including me! It’s going to be very hard to not get seconds. Thank you for another amazing recipe!

239 Jean C October 8, 2012

This recipe sounds great! Love your sense of humor too, I will have to look at your other recipes!

240 Marissa Whitt April 14, 2013

I absolutely LOVE your website! I have spent hours on it, just salivating over the delicious looking recipes. I’ve tired the chia seeds, which I have never had before, and they are definitely interesting! I want to make ALL of the recipes that you have posted, but don’t have time right now. Thank you for all of your hard work on this site. I will spend many more hours and days checking out everything!

241 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 14, 2013

Hi Marissa, Aw thank you so much! That means a lot to me. :) Enjoy!

242 Christa June 14, 2013

Made these the other day and had ’em for breakfast… anything pumpkin is DELICIOUS. Thanks for sharing, check out the outcome!

243 L July 26, 2013

Hi, so I know this may be a little bit of a stretch… But is there any way you can make this gluten free? By just using gluten free flour or would it be a bit more complicated?

244 Angela (Oh She Glows) July 27, 2013

Hey there, I think it would probably take some testing to get just right! I haven’t tried making them gluten-free unfortunately, so I’m not sure if a GF flour would work. I would suggest looking online for some GF + vegan cinnamon roll recipes and seeing what they use for flour. Good luck!

245 Ashlie November 6, 2013

I really want to make these – they look amazing. But, I can’t seem to get the pdf file to open. I am the only one with this problem? Help!

246 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2013

It’s working for me – can you try it again?

247 Gwen February 2, 2014

I made these for my honey today as a little anniversary gift. They were AMAZING. Hands down, best home-made cinnamon rolls ever. Thank you so much!

248 Jessica September 3, 2014

These look fabulous. I tried clicking the link to the project food blog, however, and was unable to access the recipe. Is there any way to access the recipe?