Project Food Blog Video 411

20101107IMG 9957b thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

As I sit here at my computer screen anticipating my Project Food Blog video post, I can’t help but wonder, “What do I write? Do I just show the video? Do I hide under my desk with a basket full of Christmas Blondies listening to Bing Crosby?”

[Trust me, I have to hide these from my husband…]

I ponder these deep thoughts as I stare at the screen before me. I sip some celebratory Merlot because 8 long nights of video editing sucked the life out of me and I need to feel blood pumping through my veins again. Before I know it, my cheeks have a lovely red glow to them perfect for the holiday season.

And then, like a bolt of lightning from the Baking Gods above, it hits me plain and simple.

I love this.

I love the recipe creation, the baking, the photography, and the taste-testing (wink, wink). Even baking disasters have their value. For example, this morning, I learned that one should never pour boiling water into Arrowroot powder (try it, I dare you…).

The only thing I love doing more than these things, is having the privilege to share my passion with you. I feel extremely lucky to be able to do what I do everyday. This blog right here is the part that leaves me running from my kitchen to my desk, typing away furiously with excitement and a dorky grin.

I don’t take myself or my food too seriously and my hope is that you will walk away from this video excited to create magic in your own kitchen. All of the recipes are a cinch to whip up and even the most fearful baker can have recipe success.

Laugh at yourself, forgive your baking flops, and most of all, take some time for yourself this holiday season.

post3 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

post1 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

post5 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

My goal was to create unique and easy Blondie recipes that would also be easy on the budget during an otherwise expensive time of the year. The Blondie In A Jar gifts cost under $3 to make!

post4 thumb   Project Food Blog Video 411

All you have to do is print out the recipe cards, attach them to your filled jars, and then ship them to my address to your friends and family or give them as a hostess gift.

pdfrecipes2   Project Food Blog Video 411

[Please note that butter can be substituted for vegan butter spread (this is also indicated on the recipe card).]

Now go and get your holiday bake on!

Just be sure to save us some.

~~~

Voting is now open for Challenge #7. I appreciate your support in advancing me to round 8!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 14, 2010

Angela…omg this is amazing!! First, hearing your voice and seeing you and all your wonderful goodies…if a picture is worth a million words, a video is worth 10 million!

Love it!

The food looks beyond amazing…and you really need to sell this stuff. Oh wait, you do :)

Oh and I love how it’s budget friendly. It’s nice to see recipes that use REAL ingredients that dont’ cost a fortune and that arent hard to source and get a hold of. Raw cocao powder from the amazon rainforest is nice, just not super practical for us mere mortals. LOL

Great job, Angela!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 14, 2010

Oh my gosh I LOVE the bloopers at the end. Your video was great and it is evident how much time and hard work you put into it. The blondies sound amazing and I may even do these for some Christmas gifts! You have my vote!

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition November 14, 2010

Your video turned out so great! I loved watching it and I am so excited for you! I will be voting for you and I sincerely hope you advance to the next round. Best of luck.

Courtney November 14, 2010

Loved the video and especially the out-takes–what a cute idea!! Voting for you!

Erin @ the office appetite November 14, 2010

Holy cow… I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious those ALL look :):). I think I’ve definitely found a good addition to some holiday gifts this year :)) The video is awesome, and of course, you and your husband are way too cute to even say! lol.
Awesome!

Krystina (Basil & Wine) November 14, 2010

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!! You have this in the bag, chicka. In the bag! :D

christyn @ All Ways Nutritious November 14, 2010

LOVED the video…especially the bloopers…hillarious!! all four recipes look delicious and what a great gift idea for xmas. great great job!!

JL goes Vegan November 14, 2010

I’m laughing so hard! Love the out-takes! Great recipe(s), great delivery, super-practical and FUN! Congrats!

Ana November 14, 2010

Wow, your video is perfect Angela! Awesome job you did, you truly glow, and it is fun to put a voice on a blog person!
Ana

Lauren November 14, 2010

I just told my husband, “Seriously this girl is so amazing. I will not be surprised when she is on TV someday.” All your dedicated hard work is so obvious! Can’t wait to see you win this thing!

Courtney November 14, 2010

Amazing! I couldn’t stop laughing during the out-takes! Despite the horrors of video editing, you have produced another amazing entry! Can’t wait to make these for family!

Kaitlyn (College Girl Runs) November 14, 2010

LOVE IT! The video and idea is so cute! What a great idea :)

Bridget November 14, 2010

BEST POST EVER!!! Seriously, you are so amazing! I can tell how much hard work you put into this video. I’ll be voting for you on monday!!

I was giggling at the out-takes hehe :) Peppernut lol

*Andrea* November 14, 2010

these look delicious! great idea! i always gravitate towards big fudgy brownies or thick blondies with white chocolate chips when i’m at a bakery or gathering :-)

you look so pretty in the video too! love your smile. you should be on tv!! i laughed at the bloopers too

Danielle November 14, 2010

I think this is the first time I heard Eric speak! You both are so cute :) great video & gift idea!

Ritika November 14, 2010

Oh. My. God.

Angela, I have been clicking on your homepage for the past two hours waiting for you to upload your video. :P You definitely have my vote! Can I say that my favorite part were the bloopers? Your excitement is contagious and this entire video was professionally done.
I liked the history of blondies as I had never heard of the term. You are absolutely beautiful and I love the part of you and Eric together.
I would have never guessed the recipe! And what a recipe!!! I wish you all the best for you to advance to the next round. Keep smiling! :D

katie November 14, 2010

Amazing job!!!
You are so genuinely passionate about what you do… it’s so much fun to see!!
Although I have to say… it was a mistake taking a break from homework to watch this! Now all I want to do is run to the kitchen and test the recipe out! :)
I’ll be voting for you Angela!! You deserve to win.

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 14, 2010

lmao omg I was cracking up at the bloopers with my headphones on and my boyfriend is like, “what the heck are you laughing at?!” Seriously, Angela. That video is so professional. You have come such a long way. It looks so freakin’ professional!!! You’re awesome.

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 14, 2010

And you really DO glow. Even though I’ve been reading your blog since the beginning, this still amazes me lol.

Bronwyn Coyne November 14, 2010

Hmmm, those look delicious! I love your entries for the Project Food Blog competition. And pretty much all the recipes you’ve been posting lately.

Catherine November 14, 2010

Love your video! I’m a long-time reader, but I’ve never commented before–just couldn’t resist on this one! This is my favorite challenge so far. It’s great to see (and hear!) my favorite bloggers in action. Thanks for taking the time to make this for us. The amount of time and effort you’ve dedicated to your entries has been evident throughout the Project Food Blog Challenge…they’re just wonderful. You have my vote. :-)

Crystal (Bye Bye Fat Pants) November 14, 2010

I loved the video and I especially loved the out-takes at the end … too funny, you had me laughing so hard I started to cry! I am doing a cookie in the jar gift for the children/parents at my centre, I might have to change my plans and do one of your blondie recipes instead. I will definitely be voting for you Monday!!

Sandy November 14, 2010

I was laughing so hard at the bloopers, too! Amazing video, you did a fantastic job!! :)

Jaya November 14, 2010

Oh my gosh, Angela! How is it possible that a woman with a voice as soft and gentle of yours is teeming over with so much fire and passion?! I love it! These look (shocker) delicious and I love that you recruited Eric for the end. Too sweet!

Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook November 14, 2010

That was a cute video!!! I love the Christmas gift idea. I want to try that out this year!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) November 14, 2010

OMG, I LOVE THIS!!! This is seriously amazing. Please send this in to the Food Network!! I cracked up at the bloopers and the peppernut, haha!! Thanks to you I think I have all of my Christmas gifts set! :)

Meg @ MegGoesNomNom November 14, 2010

Wow, Angela I am very impressed! Your video is amazing, you should be so proud! Not only is the video awesome and does the food looks amazing, the gift idea is fabulous – I’m in love with this idea.

Charlotte November 14, 2010

Ange, this video will keep me warm for hours! Your laugh and your passion for baking are so infectious; thank you for sharing with us!

Sarah @ Long Legs Healthy Life November 14, 2010

amazing video Angela!! I see the food network in your future for sure. I’ll be voting for you as soon as it opens tomorrow, I hope you win!

Lindsey @ SoundEats November 14, 2010

Amazing, Ange. You definitely have that something special going on because I realized at the end (even before the bloopers!) that I had been watching the entire time with a smile on my face. :)

Sue November 14, 2010

The video is just amazing! Congratulations on a wonderful job.
Love the out-takes at the end.

Jenny November 14, 2010

I love the video! It’s so professional yet has such a personal touch to it. The bloopers at the end were infectiously adorable. Although I would argue that us brunettes have a good time too, congrats on the awesome vid ;-)

Kelsey H November 14, 2010

angelaaaaaa…..UHMAZINGGGG. so worth the wait for this video and was so glad eric made his appearance at the end haha. and thank you for the easiest/cutest holiday gift idea ever:)

tara November 14, 2010

That video was SO good!!!! it’s obvious you put a lot of hard work into it, and it paid off. What an amazing gift idea as well!
The bloopers make the video 100x better too!! that was perfect.

whenever I ask myself “what should I make for supper tonight?” I go to your website and ta-da, ideas galore :)

Jess November 14, 2010

You are too cute :) Great video and I loooved the outtakes-nice touch! Those jars are super cute and such great gift ideas.

Megan @ Sweet On... November 14, 2010

Love! love love love love love love love

Dorry November 14, 2010

Amazing! Loved watching every second of the video and the adorable gift idea with all the details, creativity and hard work you put into it. My husband looked over at me and asked what I was watching because I had a big smile on my face! :)

Marie @ quarterlife quandary November 14, 2010

oh my gosh I love the bloopers and outtakes at the end- peppernut yummm ;)

Kath (Eating for Living) November 14, 2010

Cute video, and a lovely idea! :D

Krista (kristastes) November 14, 2010

Angela, I loved the video!! Your bloopers are hilarious. I can never keep a straight face on video blogs hah :) Good luck with PFB!

Shari November 14, 2010

Thanks for the gift idea, these look amazing. Your video turned out incredible can’t wait to see the pumpkin recipe you’ve been working on for next round

Michelle November 14, 2010

I love it!!! I will be voting for you first thing tomorrow!

Page 1 of 812345»...Last »