Project Food Blog Challenge #3: Luxury Dinner Party

Hi folks, this poet is back for Challenge number three!

For this, we were asked to host a luxury dinner party,

20101002-IMG_4199

It should have much style and be personal too,

20101002-IMG_4054

So here’s what I did to express myself to you…

20101002-IMG_4069

I present to you our first ever Vegan Thanksgiving,

We would eat delicious food but nothing once living,

20101002-IMG_4125

Wait!

Don’t leave, I promise this meal is delicious!

I have some organic wine to persuade you (and it’s totally nutritious).

20101002-IMG_4212

I’d love for you to join us, come wine and dine,

20101002-IMG_8865

Us adults and the kids, we had a delicious time!

(However, if I said there were leftovers I’d be lying…)

You see, the word Vegan often makes people cringe in fear,

20100916-IMG_2083

But I’m here to show you Vegan can be tasty and spread lots of cheer!

20101001-IMG_3948

My challenge to you is to create new and fun traditions,

Print off this guide should you wish, to help you on your mission.

[Yes, I typed up 16 recipes as a fun little addition]

20101001-IMG_3909

But do as I say, not exactly as I do,

It wouldn’t be my dinner party without a funny flop or two…

20101003-IMG_8886

[Hopefully incinerated pecans won’t happen to you…]

All week I have been testing and experimenting so,

You can follow this plan and your own meal will glow.

20101002-IMG_4265

So here is what I served, starting with the delicious wine,

A couple glasses down the hatch and you will really shine.

20101002-IMG_4267

20101003-IMG_8899

Throw on some high heels and a cute little frock,

Soon your man will want to help you around the clock. ;)

20101002-IMG_4194

Follow the wine with Eggplant Toasts and Lemon Cashew Cheese,

A fun twist on traditional Bruschetta, they are the bees knees.

20101002-IMG_8800

20101002-IMG_4129

Now for the Cranberry, Pear, and Candied Pecans on Greens,

Always start off light to feel like a Queen.

20101002-IMG_4241

To round it out, some Roasted Nuts in a Rosemary Glaze,

Oh boy did these nuts incite quite the praise.

20100930-IMG_3780

As you can see the appetizers were light,

To make sure you save room for the main course delight…

20101002-IMG_4113-2

20101002-IMG_8816

First up, ‘Frank Approved’ Glazed Walnut Loaf and Gravy for our roast,

If you’re wondering about Frank you’ll find out at the end of this post!

20101002-IMG_8826

Nope, This Ain’t Grandma’s Sweet Potato Casserole,

20101002-IMG_4262

But this dish was at the top of my dinner party poll!

Now for the High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a secret twist,

20100908IMG_2684_thumb

Even my bean hating husband just could not resist.

20101002-IMG_8876

Homemade Fluffy White Dinner Rolls with ‘butter’,

20101002-IMG_4078

These rolls made my guest’s hearts go all a flutter.

20100929-IMG_3649

Hmm what’s missing, oh that’s right delicious veggies on the side!

20101002-IMG_4026

Olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon had our guests enjoying Brussels with pride.

20101002-IMG_4247

And last but not least these beautiful, yet bitter berries…

20100930-IMG_3679

Were made into a sauce with a visit from the maple syrup fairy.

20100930-IMG_3711

Now for the grand finale, loosen your belt a notch or three,

I actually prefer to wear an empire waist and set my food baby free.

20101002-IMG_8875

For dessert, Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream,

20101001-IMG_3957

This spicy luscious frosting made everyone beam.

And now I present, the smashing hit of the night…

20101002-IMG_3991  20101002-IMG_4025

Chocolate brownie,

20101002-IMG_4091

Pumpkin Pie,

20101002-IMG_4096

And pecan crunch delight.

20101002-IMG_4102

With silence and smiles, we devoured every last bite!

20101002-IMG_8854

Now before I go, I have a few secrets to share,

On How to Host a Thanksgiving Dinner Party with Flare.

20101002-IMG_4047

No need to break your budget just a few dollars will do,

Hit up the Dollarstore for placemats, decorations, baskets, and a stick of glue!

20101002-IMG_4075

20101002-IMG_4082 20101002-IMG_3996

Next, the grocery store for gourds, pumpkins, and some fruit,

20101002-IMG_4115

Just look at those place settings, they were easy and disgustingly cute!

20101002-IMG_4056

Get some inspiration from food magazines and books,

20101001-IMG_3972-2 20101001-IMG_3969

Gather your clippings and recipes then set off to COOK!

20100930-IMG_3733

Last but not least, my favourite secret to share…

20101002-IMG_4041

Surprise your guests with take-home baskets of delicious vegan fare!

Don’t forget to click this link for the recipes all in one place,

Now you can plan ahead at your very own pace.

This now concludes our First Annual Vegan Thanksgiving,

Frank enjoyed it too and will happily go on living… ;)

20101002-IMG_4015

If you enjoyed this post, please consider showing your support by voting for me in the Food Blog Challenge (you click the heart). Thank you for your support! :)

1 Freya October 3, 2010

Ok, er, one word – WOW!
Love the poem, LOVE the food, love the style, love everything! THIS post deserves the reader’s choice award :P
Oh, and can I come to yours for Thanksgiving!!??

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 5, 2010

haha of course you can! bring pumpkin butter, im going to be out…by tonight. ;)

3 Ashley October 3, 2010

Omg! That looks SO yummy! (and very PRETTY!) Please ship me a portion immediately to Canada….

4 claire October 3, 2010

I seriously wish I could have been there for this amazing feast. ALL OF IT SOUNDS AND LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!

5 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition October 3, 2010

This is absolutely stunning. You really should win this competition for presenting something like that. I really enjoyed this post…it is so beautiful!

6 Krystina October 3, 2010

This was absolute perfection.

7 Leilani October 3, 2010

Okay Angela, seriously…you are too cool for school. I mean I have no words, just the fact that maybe your amazing, yeah just maybe :) ha kidding you are the freaking bomb girl!!!!! I am impressed and I don’t impress easily. There nuff said :)

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 3, 2010

OH MY GOSH. A) you deserve to win this competition. B) I wish you were in my family so I could actually eat this at Thanksgiving instead of getting asked why I don’t eat meat. C) I might have to do a second Thanksgiving dinner just for my close family!!

9 reader October 3, 2010

This is INCREDIBLE angela!!! You blew me away with this one, and your enthusiasm shines through again:)

10 Leah @ L4L October 3, 2010

So cute! I love that you hit up the dollar store – I should frequent it more often.

11 Christine October 3, 2010

WWOOWW!

I have so much trouble picking who to vote for in this competition, but this dinner party is over the top!! You clearly put a lot of time and effort into this.

12 Lauren October 3, 2010

WOW!!! *Applause* Amazing- you put SO much effort into it! You are such a motivated cook! :)

13 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 3, 2010

Love! You deserve to win the whole shebang. Love the poem for the post. All the details. And of course every fabulous looking bite. I’m impressed! But then again, wouldn’t expect anything less from your amazing self. :)

14 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 3, 2010

Wow, looks like you did an AMAZING job!

I love the looks of the dessert. : d

15 lindsay (goodiesgalore) October 3, 2010

I’d marry you.

16 Courtney October 3, 2010

Wow wow wow – you are incredible!

Every last detail looked amazing – so excited to make as much of it as I can! You’ve got my vote!!

17 kristin October 3, 2010

Angela, you are amazing! I’ve always been impressed with your posts, but this one blew me away. The poem, the menu, the details…your effort is just above and beyond. Fabulous!

~ Kristin (a fellow Canadian) :-)

18 Elizabeth October 3, 2010

I LOVE this post! Your party was so beautiful! I am printing the recipes as we speak and planning ahead for our vegan Thanksgiving! Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful ideas. You ROCK! :)

19 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day October 3, 2010

You amaze me. This is seriously your calling – what you were born to do! You have my vote and (p.s. – thanks for the recipes!)

20 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 3, 2010

I think you were a poet in your past life :). You sure went all out for this and it looks fabulous!

21 Steph (@ mediterraneanmiss) October 3, 2010

Angela this was incredible!! You so deserved the readers choice award for #2, and I hope you get it again with this! The food looks spectacular, the poem was adorable and thanks so much for throwing in recipes and decor tips!!
Best of luck beautiful; your talent is going to take you straight to the top!

22 Lisa October 3, 2010

I love the gorgeous table. You set a beautiful fall spread! I’m really looking forward to having our kitchen remodel finished so we can have dinner parties. I love entertaining!

23 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad October 3, 2010

Wow, you really put your blood, sweat, and tears into this one! I can’t believe all the cooking and baking you had to do in order to pull this off. You must be exhausted!

24 Tonya October 3, 2010

OMG that post made me soooo hungry!
I’ve just discovered your web site – your photos are amazing… good enought to eat.

25 Charlotte October 3, 2010

YES!! I have been waiting for this post ALL DAY and it so sorely did NOT disappoint! So excited to watch you succeed!

26 Libby October 3, 2010

Wow – what a dinner party. So wish I’d been a guest. The table looks stunning and the food amazing. Can’t wait to try some of the recipes. Thanks so much for typing them all up – that must have taken you ages.

Libby

27 alexa @ Sohdalex October 3, 2010

Amazing Job!!

28 Miriam October 3, 2010

Love that post, awesome dinner!! I now wanna try some of these recipes!! And Frank is too funny!!! :)

29 Sarah October 3, 2010

Angela,

I do not comment very often, but read daily. All I can say is–No wonder you were reader’s choice! You put your whole self into each of these challenges. How amazing for people to look at pictures beautifully capturing your very passions :) I hope you win.

30 Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA October 3, 2010

You have seriously outdone yourself, Angela.

And thank you SO MUCH for the recipe PDF. I am definitely modeling my Thanksgiving dinner after yours!

31 Katie October 3, 2010

Wow, looks amazing! But I’m pretty sure fruits and vegetable were “once living” ;)

32 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2010

haha yes yes indeed they were!

33 Kristina @ spabettie October 3, 2010

ah, Frank the *spared* turkey !!

Angela, I LOVE this post!! I will ABSOLUTELY be voting for you! this is awesome… I would love to come to your house for Vegan Thanksgiving! :D

34 Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) October 3, 2010

This was spectacular! I can’t even imagine how much time, hard work, and effort went into this feast, but we all appreciate it, whether we were able to be there and enjoy, or not. I wouldn’t be surprised if another Reader’s Choice was in your future ;)

35 Little Bookworm October 3, 2010

Love the poem and the food! It all sounds absolutely amazing – good luck! :)

36 Amanda October 3, 2010

AMAZING! I want to throw a vegan Thanksgiving now too! I just don’t think I can wait the two months to do it…

37 Amy October 3, 2010

I shout a “Brrrrravo!” of rolled “r’s” for thee.
Your visual feast shall pass challenge 3.
Plus, you have given me inspiration
to serve a main course sans mutilation.

38 melissa (fitnessnyc) October 3, 2010

So stunning. Truly glamour fare, in a gorgeous setting. You attention to detail is flawless!

39 JL goes Vegan October 3, 2010

Stunning dinner and presentation. And you were quite generous to offer us a .pdf of all the recipes! Thank you, thank you!

40 Lin October 3, 2010

WOW Angela!!!! What an impressive spread!!! Great job!!!

41 Tania October 3, 2010

Omg Ange, a-mah-zing!! Someone needs to give you a show or something!! SO well done you smart cookie!! :)

42 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) October 3, 2010

Wow Angela, everything looks amazing! Sweet potato casserole is my mom’s signature Thanksgiving dish so I’ll definitely have to check out your recipe – I’m sure it’s healthier than her version!

43 Miss @ Digression from the Midwest October 3, 2010

I was looking forward to see what you would serve for Luxury Dinner Party and you did not disappoint!!! Those meat loaf truly look original and I look forward to making them!

44 Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook October 3, 2010

WOAH! Everything looks amazing, Angela! You definitely have my vote! AMAZING work!!!

45 Aimee October 3, 2010

I just have to echo all the Wows from above. Your guests were so lucky to be invited to such a creative and clearly delicious feast. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

46 Keri October 3, 2010

So clever!! Beautiful place settings and the food looked delicious!

47 Ellen @ Undercover Runner Eats October 3, 2010

Holy yummy vegan meal, OSG!
This all looks amazingly delicious and I have terrible food envy now! Not to mention a huge hankering for Thanksgiving now.
If only you had made vegan green bean casserole. My favorite!

48 Diana @ frontyardfoodie October 3, 2010

Oh my goodness this is like the most awesome post you’ve ever done and that’s saying a lot since I totally love your blog and all your posts. This is such a winner!!!

49 Nicole (Picky Nicky) October 3, 2010

There’s nothing I can say that everybody else hasn’t already said :D

50 Bethany @ More Fruit Please October 3, 2010

In your own words…. disgustingly cute! Please invite me over for dinner!

51 Claire @ Low Impact Fashionista October 3, 2010

OH. my. gosh. You inspire me so much! This dinner looks amazing, I love that you keep proving that vegan is not only as good as, but BETTER than traditional cooking! Keep up the amazing work :)

52 hippierunner October 3, 2010

Amazing! Amazing post. Amazing looking (and I’m sure, delicious) looking food!

53 Lisa October 3, 2010

you are AMAZING!

54 Betty October 3, 2010

Such hard work! :) Beautiful.

55 Katheryn October 3, 2010

Everything looked beautiful and scrumptious! Lucky guests!

56 Jess October 3, 2010

I love this post! So creative in everything you do!

57 Olivia @ Blissful Runner October 3, 2010

Angela, I think you channeled Martha Stewart for this one — very impressive!!! You are so incredibly talents is so many many ways.

58 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2010

Thanks everyone!

59 Ricki October 3, 2010

What an adorable post and AMAZING looking meal! Everything looks spectacular. How I wish I could have been there!! From the appetizers to the pecan/pumpkin/brownie pie, everything sounds perfect. And I love the table settings–such a great idea! You are truly a culinary genius. :D And Happy (early) Thanksgiving!!

60 anna October 3, 2010

Oh my gosh! I love this, and you made it rhyme and everything! :)
You are super super talented and that salad looks amazing!

61 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 3, 2010

HAIL ANGELA, hehehe . . . thanks for the bundle of recipes, I totally need them. Thanksgiving and Christmas always trump me!

62 suburban housewife October 3, 2010

Too cute! You did such a great job….kudos to you!

63 Lizzie October 3, 2010

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! I mean YES! And no. Yes, because it just looks amazing and no, because I can’t make any of these just yet :) I showed them to my (now health focused) husband (coming off eating a vegan cupcake when we were at a local bakery for lunch yesterday) and he couldn’t believe it was a vegan – everything looks beautiful and delicious! Congrats!

64 stacey-healthylife October 3, 2010

That is so good. Everything looks beautiful and so tasty. I LOVE the decorations. I promise to vote for you. :) :) :)

65 Nikki October 3, 2010

You should have your own VEGAN SHOW on FOOD NETWORK!

66 Emily October 3, 2010

Gorgeous and delicious!! Love the Thanksgiving theme and your amazing decorations! Everything looks so great and delicious; this is making me a bit more excited for my first meat free Thanksgiving!! Wonderful job Ange and good luck!!

67 christyn @ All Ways Nutritious October 3, 2010

wow!! you are awesome!!! thank you so much for all your hard work and nicely preparing all the recipes from your thanksgiving dinner….i cannot wait to make the chocolate brownie, pumpkin pie pecan dessert….omg…my mouth is watering. i am curious about the walnut casserole to. i made the maple glazed nuts and everyone loved them!!! i can’t wait until your cook book comes out…i know there will be one, one day…probably soon. wishing you all the best!!! your hard work and dedication to this blog is very much appreciated.

68 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 3, 2010

THIS IS AMAZING. You’re such a good host to have a goody basket. Totally jealous.

69 Danielle October 3, 2010

Absolutely amazing! Your creations (food, decorations and poetry) make my heart sing :D

70 Melissa October 3, 2010

Everything looks beyond amazing! You did a fabulous job, with one day notice, or not. Chocolate brownie pumpkin pie pecan crunch delight? W-O-W! Is that even legal? You look beautiful and glowing in all these pictures! I will most definitely be voting for this entry.

71 Toronto Girl West October 3, 2010

I knew you could be counted on for a fabulous entry!!! :)

In fact everything looks so good it even inspired me to try an all vegan feast in the future. Which is crazy considering I’ve never really had an all vegan meal. Raw food excluded.

I’ll be voting for you again!

72 Danielle October 3, 2010

I want to go to a dinner party like that!!! :D

73 christina cadden October 3, 2010

Love it! Love the entire thing! I wish I would have been there to enjoy it but I think I will be making some of your recipes in the future!

74 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 3, 2010

Oh my word!! You are over-the-top A-mazing! 1) Your table is exquisite!! 2) The pic of you and Eric is A-dorable!! 3) I gotta get those tAsty dessert recipes stat!!

75 Lisa C. October 3, 2010

Amazing, amazing post! Very original and delicious looking!

76 Kerri October 3, 2010

Best post ever!! I’m not even vegan but now I want to host a vegan Thanksgiving!

77 Rachel October 3, 2010

Wow – I am one of the see-vegan-and-get-scared people and this just looks amazing! You may have just convinced me to give it a go.
Hats off to you and your lucky guests :)

78 Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies October 3, 2010

Adorable and love this!!! Love the idea of the cranberries and the maple syrup…plus still, that gingerbread…yum!

79 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 3, 2010

Angela I am just blown away by your post! I love how much thought and care you put into posts. The poem, the pictures, THE FOOD, the table setting, everything. Beautiful and well put together.

80 Bridget October 3, 2010

Ange, why must you be so freaking amazing! Seriously, that food is making me jaw drop (and drool). Congrats on a great dinner party
You are my top vote :)

81 Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 3, 2010

Unbelievable! I would have LOVED to be there for that meal… just your photos and writing made me smile, I can’t even imagine how fantastic it was in person.
You’ve done an amazing job and, as usual, you’ve got my support and my vote!

82 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair October 3, 2010

AMAZING! And thank you so much for putting in the time to type up all the recipes for us! I will be making some of this over the holidays to prove to my family that Vegan eating CAN be delicious :-)

83 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 3, 2010

Your table looks like it came straight from Martha Stewart herself! And of course the food looks incredible too. :D

84 Jae October 3, 2010

WOW

85 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats October 3, 2010

Super impressive :) Go you!!

86 Whitney @ Whitinspired October 3, 2010

You make being Vegan seem so easy. All of that looks so ridiculously delicious. Excellent job!

87 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 3, 2010

No doubt everything was absolutely incredible! I’m jealous of your guests :P They got to enjoy so much delicious food and amazing company!! :)

88 zoe October 3, 2010

love everything about this post! especially the writing. and the food! but that may just be the english major and vegan in me ;) regardless, everything looks so delicious! dinner parties are so much fun and yours looked like it was a great time. thanks for all the recipes! i will most definitely try my hand at one or two of them :)

89 Heather October 3, 2010

Amazing post Angela. Everything looks delicious and beautiful! I will be keeping this menu and recipes to try out. I’m sure you will do amazing at this weeks challenge!

90 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 3, 2010

“I have some organic wine to persuade you (and it’s totally nutritious).”–LOL, I love the way you think!

Ok this is beyond amazing, Angela! Holy sh*t you have outdone yourself. And just in all your spare time whipped up a 16 recipe downloadable PDF file, no biggie :) Wow!!!

My hubs hates beans too. Until I made some roasted chickpeas that came out tasting like honey roasted peanuts, I just blogged about them. But I had been CRAVING NUTS since I saw your nut post earlier in the week. For those allergic to nuts, I created my own “peanuts” using chickpeas but anyway, I like to sneak some beans into this casa too!

Your food, the post, the whole thing….AMAZING!!!!! And you look cool as a cucumber thru it all, no less!

91 Claudia October 3, 2010

what a great meal Angela! your guest are very lucky to have you cook for them.
Thanks for the inspiration!

92 Christena October 3, 2010

And the Food Blog challenge rises to a whole new level……

Girl, I’m pretty sure you are the “next big thing.” This was above and beyond….possessed, even! :) This baking/writing/photography/blogging is your calling and you totally blew this challenge out of the water. I truly appreciate your effort. This was fantastic.

93 Dawn October 3, 2010

Wow, everything looked sooo yummy!!!!! Just fabulous!!! Another great post, thanks Angela. Those were some lucky dinner guests! :)

94 Sara October 3, 2010

You really do go above and beyond!! Great work, it looks amazing :)

95 Emily October 3, 2010

Verrry well done Angela. You make such an elegant dinner seem so effortless! I love how you posted the burnt pecans. That’s happened to me more than once!

96 MarathonVal October 3, 2010

That was an incredible post Angela!!! I am soooo impressed with all of the time, effort and creativity that went into this meal and post. It looks absolutely perfect.

Hope you had a great weekend! :)

97 Virginia @ YtotheUmmy October 3, 2010

this is INCREDIBLE!! wow, I am so impressed! good for you :)

98 Katie October 3, 2010

This must have taken FOREVER!!! Amazing!

99 Laura October 3, 2010

Oh my goodness, Angela! What an adorable party!! :-) maybe you have a future in event planning… want to start with my wedding?? ;-)

100 Stacie October 3, 2010

I’m in a post-Thanksgiving fog after reading your blog! Seriously?! Are you kidding me? Someone pinch me–is this a dream?!
Angela–you are off the charts talented. WOW!! Your readers cannot thank you enough for all your inspiration, hard work, thoughts and sharing them with us!….and then you top it with something like this?!–such an honor! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing ALL of your recipes. (Tom the turkey says thanks too!) You could get paid good money for those. Watch out Martha Stewart and Food Network–here comes Angela!

101 Stacie October 3, 2010

P.S. VOTING OPENS TOMORROW AT FOODBUZZ.COM!! CAST YOUR VOTE(S)!!!

102 Wei-Wei October 3, 2010

Words really cannot describe how amazing you are! I’m definitely, DEFINITELY voting for you!

103 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 3, 2010

I LOVED this!! You are so creative Angela! You’ll definitely be getting my vote.

104 Robin October 3, 2010

So, Angela. . . when do you sleep!?! :) Amazing job!

105 Brittany @ Bee Louise's Bites October 3, 2010

Wow…just wow :)

You are so talented. Your food looks amazing, your photography makes me feel like I’m there, your decorating skills are phenomenal, and your writing style is warm and inviting. I have a serious case of the warm-fuzzies after reading this post. You deserve all the success in the world, Angela…so amazing!

106 GlowingBIL October 3, 2010

Thanks for the great dinner Ang!

I loved the gravy with the walnut loaf
I stuffed my face so full my wife called me an oaf
and both kids ate the sweat potatoe ‘cake’
I think the marshmallow toppings made my tooth ache
Now I must end this very bad rhyme
With two kids running around I’m always out of time

:) See you soon Sis

107 Meredith Lilly October 3, 2010

Magnificent! *clapclapclap* :D

108 nancylicious October 3, 2010

this entire spread looked divine! i love your poetry, too. definitely a feast for all senses with the thoughtful visual touches. YUM! happy canadian thanksgiving! NS

109 Sondi October 3, 2010

Wow. This all looks amazing. Can I ask how long it took to put all of this together? And where did you get your apron? It’s super cute!

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2010

I spread it out over the full week (Tues-Sat) and I typically prepped from 5:30-8:30am most mornings with two 8 hour days both Friday and Saturday. The apron is from Anthropologie.

111 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2010

ps- I am thinking about doing a post outlining what days I made what and what things I made in advance!

112 Christine October 4, 2010

I would love to know what you made in advance and how you organized all the cooking! That is the most intimidating part of cooking if you ask me, timing everything…..and I never seem to get it right! A behind the scenes look at how you pulled it off would help the whole process seem less overwhelming. And let us know what foods hold and which are better served right away. Thanks and great job!

113 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2010

yes yes yes! Will do forsure :)
I will also add this new info to the PDF that I made and re-upload it afterwards.

114 Kelsey H October 3, 2010

Angela you seriously outdid yourself with this one! Thanks SOOOOOOO much for typing up all the recipes. I might have to only tackle one at a time, but it will so be worth it! Probably tackling the gingerbread cake first;)

115 Lynna October 3, 2010

Angela, this is so lovely and it really shows off your creativity. I can’t believe you pulled this together on such short notice! Truly amazing and inspiring. I can’t wait to try that Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Crunch pie. yuuummm. Thank you for putting so much time into this and sharing it with all of us!!

116 Pamela Martinez October 3, 2010

Congratulations Angela! This meal looks fabulous! Now that the Food Network has it’s sights on you, they will realize that you have something that is not out there. You have the road of greatness ahead of you. Your recipes appeal to vegans and non-vegans alike. You don’t alienate meat eaters, you just put it out there that there are other ways to enjoy delicious food using healthier ingredients. You are coming out at a perfect time when people are looking for someone to show them how to cook healthier because most of us honestly do not know how. I’m looking forward to seeing what you will do next!

117 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 3, 2010

This looks like an amazing dinner! I love the table decorations too. Simply amazing. Please invite me to your next dinner party? :D

118 Shanna, Like Banana October 3, 2010

Wow! I love so much about this post!

Love that you are rockin’ the hot red lipstick
Love that you wore heels to cook
Love the table decor
Love the pecan pie deliciousness
Love that you didn’t forget the vino ;)
Love that you did this in honor of the Best Holiday Ever!

119 Roanne October 3, 2010

Fantastic!!! :D

120 LauraB @ foodsnobstl October 3, 2010

This is one of the coolest posts/dinners I have ever seen. It all looks so good. You make me want to become a vegan! Or, at least try eating it more often.

121 Halley (Blunder Construction) October 3, 2010

Angela, it is so amazing to see you hit your stride with these challenges! This is truly AMAZING, what an incredible effort and great success! You have really upped the ante for this round, BRAVO!!!

122 Bridgette October 3, 2010

Angela,
I love your blog it is always one of the first ones I open in my Google Reader. I mostly read and lurk but today I had to comment. You are very inspirational and I love your creativity with words and food. I will print the recipes and try a few things (sweet potato casserole, definitely the gingerbread and chocolate pumpkin pie). Keep up the good work, now where do I vote

123 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 3, 2010

Thank you! Voting begins tomorrow morning I believe :) I will update this post with the link,

124 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 3, 2010

Once again, amazing AMAZING job!! I’m so happy I got to come and eat all of this!!! :) You are such an inspiration to the entire food blogging community Good luck with the next round – I know you’ll be in it!!

125 gina (fitnessista) October 3, 2010

you are amazing.
that is all :)

126 Gina October 3, 2010

You did such a wonderful job! You’ve totally inspired me to create a wonderful & delicious vegan Thanksgiving for my non-vegan family :)

127 Charlie October 3, 2010

All this food looks delicious!! And the table is beautiful. I actually love to go to the dollarstore!

128 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 3, 2010

Wow – incredible Ange!

129 Gloria October 3, 2010

Wow!! You.. are… awesome. :D I’m definitely going to try some of your recipes out for Thanksgiving dinner!

130 Moni's Meals October 3, 2010

My dream Thanksgiving! Well done Angela!

131 Rachel R. October 3, 2010

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! It all looks delicious…love your take on this challenge! I have to make that bread and the walnut loaf looks so interesting. Mmmmmm. Good luck!

132 Allison October 3, 2010

You are an absolute goddess in the kitchen! Everything looks so delicious!

133 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) October 3, 2010

Wow – I was completely blown away by this post!

134 Cheryl@BlackGirlChefsWhites October 3, 2010

What an incredible post! Your table was gorgeous, as was all the food. And vegan too!

135 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 3, 2010

you couldn’t have done a better job…seriously, nothing was left out! i love it :)

136 Tanya @ Vegan Faith October 3, 2010

I want to come to Thanksgiving at your house! Great job Angela!

137 Bobbi McCormick October 3, 2010

Sad I didn’t advance but so happy to CHEER you on girl!! Great party :)

138 Ashley Craft October 3, 2010

This dinner looks AMAZING!!!!! Everything looks so beautiful and delicious! You have a gift! :)

139 Ashley October 3, 2010

You are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, completely wowed!! The place settings are perfect…everything is perfect! The food looks + sounds to die for. I WANT THAT PIE. The poetry rocked and you look so happy + gorgeous!!! xo

140 Emily October 3, 2010

TOO Cute! I love everything!

141 Nicole October 3, 2010

wow. you’re amazng and so creative. you deserve everyones vote missy!

142 Stace October 3, 2010

Wow! You really need to consider holding a cooking class. I’m from Toronto and I’m sick of being a terrible vegan cook (and I have the added challenge of needing to be gluten free). My dreadful cooking doesn’t entice my boyfriend to lay off the meat and cheese much either!

Wishing for help one day,
Stace

143 Amber K October 3, 2010

The food, the table setting, the poem? Angela you truly never disappoint.

Thank you so much for sharing the recipes!!

144 Lori October 3, 2010

AMAZING!! This is your best post every, everything is perfect in every way. I read daily, but rarely comment :) but had to after reading this. Thanks for being so inspirational, motivating, and giving….your readers love you!!

145 Susan October 3, 2010

Absolutely wonderful! And Frank was happy too!

146 Allison @ Food For Healing October 3, 2010

very nice! i can’t wait to do a thankgiving supper for the family one day, might just do a small one for me and the boy this year, not vegan, but vegetarian

147 FlyingRoo October 3, 2010

No tofu turkey here! :-D

148 Jenn (GH) October 4, 2010

Oh my goodness! How creative and beautiful! Loved it!

149 Laura October 4, 2010

If this isn’t a post to bring the “silent” followers out into the open, I don’t know what is. I’ve read your blog every day since April… actually, when I first found it I read the entire thing from the beginning (and I’m sure that’s not unusual!) Each time I think you couldn’t possibly be more inspiring, I’m left shaking my head in awe by a post like this. I can’t wait to (well, try to) whip up some of your creations for my first vegan Thanksgiving next weekend!

150 Ulrike Riebl October 4, 2010

you are absolutely AMAZING!!! how did you prepare all this in this short amount of time?? i’m impressed!! (as always!!) and thanks for the recipes!!

151 Emmanuelle October 4, 2010

Wow, I’m losing my English over this post, this is amazing!

152 Cara Craves... October 4, 2010

Most impressive!
Every last detail looks perfect…minus the burnt pecans! Ha!

153 Rs October 4, 2010

Awesome, simply awesome! You really made my day!!! It all looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!

154 Natasha Wilson October 4, 2010

Wow, Angela! This is incredible! Thank you so much for sharing your work with everyone. You definitely get my vote each time :) It is so wonderful to see such a beautiful and warm vegan “Thanksliving” (that’s what we call it around here, lol).

155 Marika October 4, 2010

Wow, you really outdid yourself! The number of different dishes you prepared is amazing. I’m impressed!

156 Dani @ Body By Nature October 4, 2010

AMAZING! You’ve got my vote!!

157 Kristy October 4, 2010

Girl – You freaking rock every challenge! I am speechless!

158 Elizabeth October 4, 2010

Your presentation was amazing. The menu was outstanding. Thank you for all the recipes. I was starting to stress about hosting Thanksgiving dinner now that I’m vegan (last year as a vegetarian it was easy, just don’t eat the turkey — but this year I won’t even cook turkey, don’t have to.)

159 Therese October 4, 2010

LOVE it, Angela! Everything looks amazingly delicious! Every year my best friend and I have a vegetarian Thanksgiving together which we celebrated yesterday this year! It’s easily one of my favourite traditions!

160 Jemma @ Celeryandcupcakes.wordpress.com October 4, 2010

This poem is fab! The food looks amazing! :)

161 Chase @ The Chase Project October 4, 2010

You are so cute! I saw your tweet last night saying, “I’d pay big bucks for someone to type these recipes for me.” and now I know why! Such hard work you put into it! Great job, Angela!

162 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life October 4, 2010

That party looks gorgeous and all of the food looks AMAZING!

163 kelly October 4, 2010

Amazing! Now I want a vegan Thanksgiving!! :)

164 Faith @ lovelyascharged October 4, 2010

So, is it Thanksgiving yet? Please?

165 melissa @ the delicate place October 4, 2010

omg. i’m coming over haha! i seriously think you should win this round, no joke. that was adorable and quite a feast! (i’m taking some ideas of my thanksgiving to share with my family!)

166 Rachael @ Mrs. Adventure October 4, 2010

Oh my gosh you are so adorable, thanks for such a fun inspiring post!

167 Jennifer October 4, 2010

Absolutely amazing!! The table looked so pretty, and the food was making me drool. :)

168 Heather @ Side of Sneakers October 4, 2010

1. Your table setting is absolutely gorgeous & exactly my taste :)
2. The food sounds delicious (obviously)
3. I love, love your poems– so talented!

169 Seglare October 4, 2010

What a beautiful, delicious-looking dinner party! :) You’ve done an enormous job!

170 Natasha October 4, 2010

This is amazingly beautiful. You did a MARVELOUS job … It’s just so elegant! :)

171 AGS October 4, 2010

One word: Wow.

172 Kelly Michelle October 4, 2010

AMAZING

173 Michal October 4, 2010

Hahahahaha! You are ridiculously clever! How did the Turkey get named Frank?

174 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2010

bahahah good question!!!!

He just screamed FRANK to me. I wish I knew why. lol.

175 Jess October 4, 2010

I was so blown away by this post that I went over to FoodBuzz specifically so I could vote for you! And I’m not even a vegan :).

176 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 4, 2010

aww thank you! xo

177 MB October 4, 2010

You are just so adorable. I love your luxury dinner party.
I may even attempt to make those pumpkin brownies. They look amazing. I had some fresh pumpkin apple bread this weekend and I may try to make that too. You don’t know how crazy it is for me to even think about wanting to bake things. Party on!

178 Debbie October 4, 2010

Love how you created your own menu according to the theme of your dinner menu!
Lots of pictures and nice table settings! Of course the food looks inviting and “comforting!”
Voting now!

Much luck!

179 Kelly H October 4, 2010

You are absolutely fabulous! Good luck!

180 Jenny October 4, 2010

This all looks delicious! I love the rhyme too :)

181 Kat October 4, 2010

LOL! Girl — this is so cute! Great post, and the dinner party looks amazing. Totally inspired to find my inner Martha Stewart and trick my loved ones into eating vegan offerings ;)

182 kari October 4, 2010

HI Angela, this was beautifully done and every dish looked amazingly delicious. i voted for you!

183 Lizz @ Leading the Good Life October 4, 2010

Holy cow! Angela, you are amazing!! I am so inspired by you!!

184 Hangry Pants October 4, 2010

This was excellent.

185 Celia October 4, 2010

Fabulous through and through…bring on November!!

186 Maya October 4, 2010

Oh. My.

First off, I love the recipes all in one place! I can’t believe there were not one but TWO desserts AND take home goodies. Your guests were treated like royalty.

You should start a Martha Stewart living magazine, vegan style!

187 Amy October 4, 2010

WOW! I have only been vegetarian since June and just this weekend I was telling some friends that Thanksgiving was going to be hard for me. Not any more! This was wonderful. I am now going to host my own party with your guide as inspiration! Thanks you so much!!!

188 Camille October 4, 2010

Oh my goodness, everything looks wonderful! (Especially the dessert) :)

189 Rachael October 4, 2010

This looks AMAZING!! Definitely trying out some of these recipes in the near future.

P.S. You are adorable. I totally love the apron!

190 Steph October 4, 2010

Angela,

Everything looks incredible – presentation and food wise! I feel like I was there (although my tummy wishes it was). I cant wait to recreate this :)

Also – bonus points for the recipe collection!

Wishing you the best in the contest!!!

191 elise October 4, 2010

my goodness angela!! to say im impressed wouldnt even be expressing half of how much i am in awe of your thoughtful preparation. this post had to have taken a month to prepare! you are truly amazing.

192 Theresa @ This is my Hungry Face October 4, 2010

This looks amazing. I keep coming back to this post– the words, the pictures, and the absolute joy are just so happy and inspiring to me. I can’t wait to try out some of these recipes. Thank you so much for sharing this! :)

193 Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear October 4, 2010

WOW! you look SO stylish cooking in your high heels and the meal looks amazing. I’m not a vegan and don’t know many vegan dishes but I would eat all of those!

194 Clare @ Fitting It All In October 4, 2010

MUST MAKE THOSE DESSERTS NOW.
As a semi-new vegetarian I had been contemplating how to approach Thanksgiving this year. Now I have tons of fun recipe ideas and can maybe even win over my meat eating family!

195 carri z. October 4, 2010

omGEEEEZUS LOUEEEZUS!
went away for the weekend
then came back to THIS!
blown away.
i want all of this NOW!
though i fear it would
take me about 27 years
to plan and make.

and all so BEAUTIFUL!!

congrats on a gorgeous dinner!

so inspiring!

196 Jessica October 4, 2010

wow. I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving!

I just want to tell you how yummy your pull apart rolls are. I made them last night. I actually messed them up a little, because my yeast didn’t work too well (it may have been old or my water was too hot), but the taste was amazing- I love the slight sweetness. I am making them again this soon.

197 Mama Pea October 4, 2010

Oh my gosh, Ang. This is just gorgeous. Can you come cater my Thanksgiving? I am so inspired!!!

198 Allison October 4, 2010

Your meal looks delicious and your table looks so festive and pretty! Great job!

199 Krissy October 4, 2010

You rock!! Loving the recipe guide. Now when are you writing a cookbook?? :)
Oh…and I totally voted for you.

200 Kate October 4, 2010

I cannot possibly imagine anyone else coming up with something more fabulous than this. Totally awesome, Angela. And I love your apron too :) Anthro is the greatest, right?

201 Lea October 5, 2010

What a beautiful post! The food looks so amazing and I am really intrigued by the gravy!

202 shana October 5, 2010

This looks absolutely amazing. I recently converted to the Vegan lifestyle and had NO IDEA what I was going to do for the upcoming holidays… Thanksgiving was ALWAYS my favorite. Thanks so much for your brilliance and for sharing this with all of us =)

I love your blog!

203 T October 5, 2010

Breath-taking post, wowzers! You spent a lot of time on that dinner party! Holy-moly I hope you win!!! My kitchen is a disaster after cooking a one-course meal and it takes so much time, I don’t know how you do it!

204 Susan October 5, 2010

Amazing post Angela!! Wow, even though I love turkey, I would totally pass it up for this meal! Per usual though, I think the dessert looks best ;) Also, ain’t no shame in Dollar Store decorations!

205 Whit @ Amuse Bouche October 5, 2010

I am cracking up, are you seriously going to be able to rhyme through this entire competition?!?!
talent, sister, talent!

Whit

206 Amelia from Z Tasty Life October 5, 2010

adorable (and gorgeous photos), as always! Voted.

(see my entry here: http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog/challenges/3/view/1094)

207 Marathon Bound Gal aka Grace October 5, 2010

It’s folks like you Angela that make me proud to tell people I don’t eat meat! Fall is my favorite time of year and seeing the beautiful meal you have prepared for one of my favorite holidays during this time of year (next to Halloween and Christmas) w/o the fact that a beautiful and helpless animal has been killed to make it like that. Thank you for providing this for us! I voted hands down for you in this competition cause YOU ROCK!!!

208 LC October 5, 2010

Immediately voted for you after reading this post. First time voting in the competition because this is just too spectacular not to.

What a tremendous amount of work! SO impressive.

209 Margaret October 5, 2010

Angela! amazing. Which one of these deserts are you bringing to my Thanksgiving dinner. I think I think I should also put you in charge of setting the table. How creative – you are truly great at what you do. Keep up the creativity. Hope you make it into the next round.

210 Anna October 5, 2010

You should be extremely proud of this post and everything that you put into it. This looks sensational and SO inspiring!!

211 Lauren October 5, 2010

This post is absolutely wonderful!! I’m so impressed by your rhyming skills. I’m so excited for Thanksgiving now and I hope I can fit some of your dishes onto my family’s table :)

212 Casey Angelova October 6, 2010

For a vegan meal it looks very appetizing. My only issue is that if there is no turkey, how can use tryptophan (cause of “turkey coma”) as an excuses to get out of doing dishes! Great post! You have my vote!

213 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 6, 2010

haha how about pumpkin pie brownie coma???

214 Felicia October 6, 2010

This is amazing! I love your blog, you are so beautiful and talented!

215 Caitlin October 6, 2010

Absolutely amazing, Angela!

You definitely are deserving of my vote for this round of the contest!!

216 Natalie October 6, 2010

love your menu, your table, AND your apron. voted for you! hope we both move forward. :)

217 Tamara October 8, 2010

Everything looks incredible! Thanks so much for creating the menu/recipes PDF!

218 Violetta Maria Dima October 12, 2010

OMG I am soo excited and proud, all thanks to you and your fabulous recipies :-) Ok so yesterday was thanksgiving and we all get together at my moms house and have supper. This year I brought a regular apple pie and your pumpkin pie brownie. Now I have a large romanian family that thinks it is unnatural not to eat at the very least eggs, milk, and cheese. And every time I had ever brought something vegan in the past no one really ate it (hence the apple pie). But this year it was the exact opposite. No one touched the apple pie and the whole pumpkin brownie was devoured with in minutes and followed with compliments on how it was the best “pumpkin pie” ever, and questions for the recpie. So thanks :-) helping me show my family that there is delicious cruelty free food out there. Mabie next year I can covince them to have a all vegan dinner… ( probably not but ill try lol)

219 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2010

Great news!!

220 Valerie October 13, 2010

I just wanted to pipe in to thank you for this amazing post and for putting your recipes in a PDF file for us to use! I was so inspired I invited my family over for a thanksgiving meal – we ended up serving 16 people! We used some of your recipes and some of our own that we’ve used before – the biggest hits out of yours were for sure the Gingerbread with icing and Pumpkin Brownie. I LOVED the gingerbread recipe especially and plan on making it every year for Christmas. We used our own tried and true stuffing recipe (from a friend), gravy recipe (the Golden Gravy from Real Food Daily cookbook), experimented with the lentil, mushroom, wild rice timbales from Fat Free Vegan, and also made the Green Bean casserole from the Fat Free Vegan blog. The meal turned out extremely gourmet and delicious and people were very impressed! It was a very happy blogger-inspired thanksgiving. Anyway, thank you so much for all your continuing inspiration! :)

221 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 13, 2010

So glad to hear this Valerie!

222 Erin October 18, 2010

Angela, quick question for you! I am going to make the sweet potato casserole this weekend and in your recipe it doesn’t call for milk (or almond milk of course, since its vegan) but in the directions section you say to add the milk. How much should I add?

Sorry for the basic question, but I’m cooking for 15 people and I’m quite the novice cooker, and recently converted from vegetarian to vegan so I am experimenting quite a bit! I would normally just ‘experiment’ if it weren’t for the poor people who are becoming my guinea pigs :)

223 Amanda July 2, 2012

That all looks so good! Do you have the recipe for the dinner rolls? I can’t seem to find it!

224 Veggie Kate September 5, 2012

I love it!! I just may have to see which of these items I can make out here on the little island of Saipan…. soooo excited to try to start spreading vegan ideas to people! It’s a meat-and-rice culture, and I am thrilled if I get to help people move away from that, at least a little bit! This looks fun and delicious!!

225 Heidi November 21, 2013

You are absolutely amazing!! This will be my family’s first vegan Thanksgiving and I can’t wait to try out all these fabulous recipes and use my in laws as guinea pigs!! LOL. Can’t wait!

226 Elena August 20, 2014

Hi Angela!
What temperature and for how long did you cook brussels sprouts, white turnips and carrots? I see the ingredients, but no directions for some reason…Thank you! Everything looks so yummy, can not wait to taste!:)

227 Shauna October 1, 2014

Can I make the topping for the pie without the pecans? Not for me but my brother is allergic to nuts :(

228 Nina November 27, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Brownie was a big hit! Even for my daughter who does not like canned pumpkin :) Thanks!

229 Sarah November 22, 2015

HI Angela !!

I stumbled upon the brownie pumpkin pie recipe on pinterest and I am so excited to make it for thanksgiving! I was just wondering, do I have to make it and bake it right away? Could I prepare, freeze, and then bake it the night before or the day of?

Thank you so much for this awesome recipe!!