Rocket Fuel

Good morning!

This morning I tried a new hot beverage to start my day…hot lemon water! I’ve heard of people who swear by starting their day with hot lemon water as part of their morning ritual. I thought it sounded so Zen so I gave it a try.

20100916-IMG_3144

Unfortunately, I was the anti-thesis of Zen this morning. I chugged my lemon water as I flustered about packing up my airplane goodies. *shrugs. ;) I think I was also holding my breath.

It was still delicious though and I think I might try it again!

Speaking of airplane food, a vegan on a 9 hour flight can never have too much. ;)

Here we go…I covered all the food groups!

20100916-IMG_3168

A Gala apple and a sample of Artisana Cacao Bliss:

20100916-IMG_3170

Cashews from the Healthy Living Summit swag bag!

20100916-IMG_3175

Carrots to keep my mouth busy…

20100916-IMG_3176

and high-protein Summer De-lite Chickpea Salad (without onions this time)

20100916-IMG_3179

And finally an Awake Glo Bar to wake me up when we arrive in Paris at 9am!

20100916-IMG_3177

Brought one for my mom and sis too.

It is a red-eye flight, so I’m hoping I will sleep through a lot of it (wishful thinking!).

Last night Eric picked up the CSA and he said, ‘Sooooo…I was thinking about making you a farewell green monster tomorrow morning…’

20100915-IMG_3131

Nothing good can come of this. Trust me.

I don’t know what was in this and I think it is better that way. Also note that it is a brown monster. I drank it like a champ, smiled, and said thank you. Let’s just hope there is no banana peel in it this time (remember when he did that!?).

I also snuck in a run, something I haven’t done since last week! Life got a bit crazy on me and I was craving more yoga than anything else, but finally my body craved a good, solid run.

The run:

• Distance: 4 miles
  • Time: 34:31 mins
  • Avg pace: 8:37
  • Mile Splits: 8:47, 8:38, 8:38, 8:24

I’m not sure how long Eric’s Brown Monster will told me over, so I have this Peach-infused VOO prepared just in case!

20100916-IMG_3183

Feelin’ Peachy Vegan Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 peach, chopped
  • 1 tbsp pure maple syrup

Directions: Mix all ingredients except the syrup in a bowl and place in fridge for at least 1-2 hours. Stir and serve with maple syrup.

I’m off to tie up some loose ends, squeeze Eric and Sketchie, and get ready to head to the airport later this afternoon. My mom and sister Kristi are flying into the Toronto airport where I will meet up with them before we fly to Paris. I can’t believe I get to see them in just 9 hours! It has been so long since I have seen them.

I will be blogging while I am away and will probably have my first post up sometime tomorrow. I can’t wait to take you with me on this journey! ;)

Au Revoir!

1 Little Bookworm September 16, 2010

Hope you have a great flight Angela, and I love the sound of those overnight oats! :)

2 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 16, 2010

Good call on all those plane snacks – I had a miserable time going to Chicago from the UK with hardly any vegan food! Lesson learned :P
Have a safe flight!

3 Lynn @ The Next Chapter September 16, 2010

Have a great trip, can’t wait to see all your Paris pics! :)

4 Veronique @ Hooked on Health September 16, 2010

Have an awesome trip and flight!! I am so jealous!
My mom just left for Paris a couple days ago and I am just dreaming of hopping on a random flight and joining her hehe.
Good call on the plane snacks…. They never have the greatest choices on those flights, especially via economy class. I unfortunately cannot afford the luxury of first class, but i hear they actually have good, real food with options, (health options!). Makes us other travellers feel not good enough for good food :(. Buggers lol.

P.S. your VOOs looks amazing, I love peaches and now is a good time to eat them as they are almost out of season! gasp!

5 Christine September 16, 2010

I traveled on AirFrance a few years ago and was able to snag a first class meal while flying economy. I just mentioned that I don’t eat meat and they let me have the veg option from first class!

*shrug* Maybe it was because I am a female (the flight attendant was a young man) but I’d like to think it was just because I asked politely and didn’t complain about my poor options in coach.

6 Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies September 16, 2010

Ahh, so jealous that you will be in Paris shortly…easily one of my favorite places in the world! Lovin’ all the snacks you packed…and Eric is such a good hubby for attempting the green monster…even if it was less than perfect! :) Oh and those VOO look divine!

7 Jessica @ How Sweet September 16, 2010

I am so excited to read about your journey to Paris!

8 Emily September 16, 2010

Ahh soooo exciting that you are leaving today!!! What a wonderful thing to journey to Europe with the women in your life that you love :) Your snack pack looks awesome, looks like you’ve covered all of your bases. Have a safe and wonderful trip, can’t wait to live vicariously through your adventure!!!

9 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope September 16, 2010

So excited to read about your trip to Paris!!
Do you think that when you’re gone, Eric is going have a party and cook lots and lots of steaks and drink coke? ;)

10 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 16, 2010

haha steak likely, coke not very likely (he said he couldnt bring himself to drink any at all anymore- shocking I know)

11 Kate September 16, 2010

Have a wonderful flight and time in Paris! I’m so jealous – it’s my favorite city in the world! :) I’m excited for you and the girls to see the beautiful sights. Have fun!

12 Tina September 16, 2010

I can’t believe you are already leaving!!! Have so much fun and I cannot wait to hear about it all. :)

13 Andrea September 16, 2010

Have a safe trip! So exciting :)

14 Kelly September 16, 2010

Bonne vacances! I just recently went on a trip to Europe (Paris included) so I am excited to see all the pics of things I saw myself not too long ago! Safe flight!

15 Lauren September 16, 2010

Hi Angela,

I made the Lentil Walnut Burgers last night and boy they are amazing! I was in love with the batter but just a little disappointed with the final product. They were still amazing, but slightly dry and a less flavorful after cooking. Did you have that problem or any suggestions? Maybe next time I’ll add more of the spices to keep the flavors intense or just eat it as a dip right out of the food processor :)

Thanks!
Lauren

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 16, 2010

Hi Lauren,

Hmmm I didnt experience this, but I would try a couple things- cook for less time so as to not dry out (I think cooking time will vary depending on how big they are!) and 2) like you suggested, maybe add more spices!

Goodluck :) I just love those burgers

17 Christina September 16, 2010

I can’t wait to see all your Paris adventures!!!

18 Jenny September 16, 2010

all i saw was coffee in the glo bar and i was happy.

19 Rachel @ Suburban Yogini September 16, 2010

Boys!! *rollseyes*

I have been drinking hot lemon water every morning for years now. I swear by it, I have had far fewer colds and viruses since I started drinking it.

20 Heather @ Side of Sneakers September 16, 2010

Have a fabulous trip!! Can’t wait to hear all about your adventures!

21 cathy b. @ brightbakes.com September 16, 2010

Wishing you safe travels and I. Can’t. Wait. to hear about paris!! I’m baker of artisan breads.. so you can imagine how much I would LUV to get there!
whatever you do, scope out some boulangeries for me!!! If ya get the chance make sure to sample some Polaine!!

22 cathy b. @ brightbakes.com September 16, 2010

*Poilane :)

23 Therese September 16, 2010

Eek! Have the best time of your life girl! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

24 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 16, 2010

I love all of your airplane snacks. I bring that much and I’m not vegan — I just don’t like to spend money at the airport!

Have a wonderful trip and I can’t wait to see your upcoming posts!

25 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 16, 2010

Oh my how exciting!! Have a fun and safe trip! I can’t wait to see pictures!

And I’m a little scared of that brown monster. I would love to know what he put in it. lol

26 Stacy September 16, 2010

Hope you have a safe trip! Those snacks look yummy, you are definitely prepared :)
Wowza banana peel in a green monster, yumm :( Those Awake Glo Bar’s are delicious!! I had one from the HLS!! Can’t wait to read and see all the beautiful pic’s from your trip :)

27 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 16, 2010

Looks like some great plane snacks!!! You can never be too prepared, right? Can’t WAIT to read along with your journey!

28 Laura September 16, 2010

Wishing you a fantastique voyage!!!!

You’re going to love Paris!

29 kari September 16, 2010

Good Morning Angela, im so excited for you and you will love Paris. Make sure you go all the way up to the Eiffel Tower! Have a safe and awesome trip with your family.

30 Tiffany September 16, 2010

MMM… Oatmeal and peaches!

31 Charlie September 16, 2010

Have a good trip! Hope you’ll enjoy Paris!

P.S. This VOO looks amazing!

32 RhodeyGirl September 16, 2010

I drink hot water with lemon every morning.

I have been for about 10 years now since I learned that tea could stain my teeth! It is so delicious and refreshing and great for digestion!

33 Cherie September 16, 2010

Your snacks look great. In the future, I’ll need to remember to do this as I’ve always had to order the vegetarian meal on flights – which is better than the standard but definitely not as good as what you’ve packed. Have a great trip!

34 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats September 16, 2010

Have a great flight. Packing the chickpeas in a baggie is brilliant, as security seems to frown upon containers now (even when they do not hold liquid) – at least in my experience.

35 Sabine @ thefruitpersuit September 16, 2010

aww what a genuinly nice gesture of Eric! I still vivedly remember the day I made my boyfriend a green monster haha. He refused but of course kept asking for more after he bit the bullet! He’s moving countries so we can finally live together, and I can’t wait to make him (us) one everyday!

I also very much liked your previous post, the tale of your blog. Mine has definitely helped with my recovery as well, come to think of it, its erection is perfectly aligned with my second ‘attempt’ at recovery, and I have been doing really really well ever since, to the point of being able to say I do not have an eating disorder anymore, merely it’s remnants that I am still working on getting rid of day by day.

x sabine

36 WendyF September 16, 2010

Brown monster..that made me laugh. I wondered if it had a chocolate-y taste, but I decided to delve no further :-)

Bon voyage et amuse toi bien !

37 Michelle @ Chasing Ambulances September 16, 2010

You’ll have a great time! I can’t wait to hear about all your Parisian adventures. :)

38 Dee September 16, 2010

Awww, how sweet that he wanted to make you a green monster! LOL @ the banana peel. Did he really do that? I chortled for that blurb.

I cannot wait to hear and read about your journey! I will be living vicariously through you on your trip to Paris! Enjoy!

39 Amanda@BustingThroughIt September 16, 2010

I hope you have a wonderful trip and I can’t wait to see your beautiful pictures!

40 lisasfoods September 16, 2010

I’ve heard that about lemon water too – it’s supposed to be really soothing, but can also be drying. Hot or warm water can be good for early morning drinking too, since it’s supposed to help with digestion.

41 Amber K September 16, 2010

Have a great time! I’m a newer reader…I can’t believe he actually made a green monster that had banana peel in it!

I start every morning with lemon water, although mine is never warm. I hate hot drinks! Ice cold for me!

42 Erin September 16, 2010

Love the glass tea cup — that’s exactly what they use to serve tea in Korea and I always thought they were so adorable.

43 Wei-Wei September 16, 2010

Have a safe flight! Man, I am jealous. Can’t wait to read your Paris posts!!!

44 Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge September 16, 2010

Ooh, I loved Paris. Have a great time!!

45 jenna September 16, 2010

i hope you have a safe and fab. flight to paris!! :)

warm h2o and lemon is amazing!

46 MJ September 16, 2010

Enjoy your trip and time with your mom and sister.

47 Diana September 16, 2010

So jealous! I just got back yesterday from a trip to Italy and miss Europe already. Have a great time

48 Nikki T September 16, 2010

I can’t wait to go on this journey with you! I’m hoping to see some new (and maybe some familiar favorites) parts of Paris since I was there in 1999!
PS- If you need help with any French, I’m here for ya! ;)
Have a blast!!
I’m not sure how much venturing out of the Paris area you ladies are planning on doing, but if you get a chance, go to Nice!

49 stacey-healthylife September 16, 2010

That was nice of him, but it is an ugly color. Have fun, can’t wait to read about your trip.

50 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous September 16, 2010

I hope you have a wonderful time!

51 Marina September 16, 2010

I hope you have a nice flight!
It’s really sweet that Eric made you a erm..brown monster :)) I just hope it had only edible stuff :))

52 Heather (Heather's Dish) September 16, 2010

sounds like you got everything totally covered there girl…can’t wait to see you in paris!

53 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 16, 2010

I hope you can sleep on your flight. My neck always gets so uncomfortable. WHY do the neck rest jutt out like they do??

I can’t wait to read about your trip to Paris.

Eric’s brown monster cracks me up. I totally remember when he put the entire banana in!!!

54 Julia September 16, 2010

Oh, is it travel time already????
I hope you have a great flight and a wonderful time in Paris.
Can’t wait to read your first Parisian post :-)

55 Jessica@tastyandtrim September 16, 2010

I am the same way when it comes to packing airplane food..you can never be too prepared!Have an amazing trip! Can’t wait to read about it :)

56 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 16, 2010

Bon Voyage!

Check this out: 10 Things to Bring Back from a Trip to Paris

57 LeanneRBF September 16, 2010

Have an excellent time with your sister & mom in Paris! Lucky girl :D

58 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 16, 2010

That is SO adorable that Eric made you a green/brown monster. Those are some very tasty looking plane snacks – I’m sure even the non-vegans will be jealous hehe! Have an amazing trip Ange, I can’t wait to follow along with your Paris adventures! :)

59 Joslyn @ missfitbliss September 16, 2010

Bonne chance!

60 Paula September 16, 2010

I love lemon water in the morning! My fav thing to do though is make it the night before – pour boiling water over one thick slice of lemon, cover it, and drink it at room temp in the morning. It tastes better and feels more hydrating (at least to me anyway!) I don’t really like sipping hot lemon water, would much rather have tea!

Have a blast in Paris! I can’t wait to hear about your adventures (and meals!)

61 Kate@andwhenshesays September 16, 2010

I’m loving how you specify the salad is without onions – your planemates will thank you! Have a safe flight and an absolutely AMAZING vacation. You deserve to relax and live it up! I’ll be really curious, too, to hear your experiences as a vegan in Paris.

62 Monika @ ForeverImprovingGirl September 16, 2010

Have an amazing trip! (It’s hard not to have a wonderful time in Paris…it’s such an incredible city). I’m very curious to see if/how you stay vegan during your vacation. I find I have this dilemma whenever I go to Poland (only there it’s even harder because my family still hasn’t grasped the concept of vegetarian, even though I’ve been one since I was 16. Being vegan is even harder – there just aren’t many options).

Be careful with what you put in your carry-on – don’t forget the limit on liquids! Nothing over 100ml, and everything has to fit into one medium sized Ziploc. (Depending on who you have, they might squint at the food a bit too).

63 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter September 16, 2010

Have a safe flight dear!

64 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman September 16, 2010

I love hot lemon water, but I add a squeeze of honey in mine. So good. Have a safe flight and an awesome trip. I’m so jealous.

Bon voyage–et prenez beaucoup de photos pour nous!

65 Camille September 16, 2010

Oh my goodness, have a great time! I am pretty jealous, but I guess I will just have to live vicariously through you!

66 Chelsea at Striking Balance September 16, 2010

Haha I love that Eric made you a green monster! Looks..interesting. Very nice thought!
Have a safe flight, Angela! You’re goingto have a great time!

67 MaryBe September 16, 2010

I am hoping Sketchie didn’t help make that brown monster! Yikes!
Thank you for ‘taking’ us to Paris! I am newly vegan and interested in your meals for sure. I think I would have to be very flexible and try all the regional goodies :D

68 Carolyn September 16, 2010

I hope you have a great flight, and aren’t too disoriented when you land! I know you’ll have a great time. =)

Also, I don’t know if you knew this, but you can request a vegan in-flight meal from the airline, if you call in at least 48 hours in advance. Just a tip for your return trip! *hugs*
(Of course, they’re not all that great–as a vegan who has struggled through what airlines seem to consider “adequate vegan food,” I know!–but they’re something, haha.)

69 Sarah for Real September 16, 2010

Have a GREAT trip!!! I’m so excited for you… and for me too because I get to read about your travels :D

70 JL Goes Vegan September 16, 2010

Great plane food ideas! Bookmarking this post for future travel reference!

71 schmei September 16, 2010

Bon Voyage! Have a fabulous time!

72 Tracey September 16, 2010

I love hot water with lemon in the morning. I try to start everyday with a cup! It makes me feel energized and refreshed. Have a safe flight, can’t wait to hear about your trip!

73 MoniMeals September 16, 2010

Have a great trip, I can’t wait to see all the updates!
Hilarious with the green monster, :)
Enjoy your flight and those snacks.

74 Kayla September 16, 2010

Have a good flight! I always find airplanes to be uncomfortable. :(

75 Sarah September 16, 2010

Hi Angela! Have a great trip! I love your blog.
I am vegan and my husband and I had a great trip to Paris a few years ago – our favourite restaurant was Le Potager du Marais http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=4106 traditional french food done vegan! We loved it.

76 Amanda September 16, 2010

Hope you have a safe flight!!
Maybe I will run into you in the streets of Paris ha ha!! If i do I will be sure to say something along the lines of… “OMG….OHH SHE GLOWS! :).”
Its a beautiful city!! I have been here for 3 weeks of my 1 year living here and each day just gets better and better!
I don’t know where you will be planning on going, but there are some great health food stores and restaurants that cater to vegan and veggies! One I plan on checking out this weekend is Bob’s Juice Bar.
Anyways, have a wonderful time exploring this magical city :)

77 Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' September 16, 2010

Hope you have a good flight! I was able to sleep through most of our flight to Paris, so you have a good chance, too! :D

78 Sava September 16, 2010

Have a good plane trip.
I personally love riding in airplanes but those overnight ones are killer. I can sleep almost anywhere, but I found out one summer that planes are not one of those places ;)

79 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 16, 2010

SO excited to follow you on your trip. It’s gonna be amazing!!

The brown monster sure does look a bit scary.. ;)

80 elise September 16, 2010

have soooo much fun!!

81 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 16, 2010

Bon voyage! Can’t wait to experience France via your blog!

82 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 16, 2010

Those are awesome snacks to take on a plane! I’d be realllly nervous if my husband made me a green monster!!!

83 Chase @ The Chase Project September 16, 2010

Have a safe trip!

84 Jess @ atasteofconfidence September 16, 2010

Have fun!

85 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 16, 2010

Ahh so exciting! Have a safe flight!

86 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 16, 2010

Have an amazing adventure, can’t wait to read all about it!!!!!!!!!! :)

87 leatitia September 16, 2010

Bon voyage Angela! Amuse toi bien et j’ai bien hâte de lire tes récits d’aventure. Bisous xx

88 Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey September 16, 2010

Yay for Glo Bars and Cacao Bliss. :)

Mm, your VOO looks soo good! I desperately need to get my hands on some chia seeds. What brand do you buy?

89 Gina September 16, 2010

You can never have too many airplane snacks!
Have a wonderful trip!!

90 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 16, 2010

That brown green monster is scary. Just saying.

Have a great trip!

91 Tasha - the clean eating mama September 16, 2010

So excited to hear about your adventures in Paris!

92 KimEatandBe September 16, 2010

Have a great flight! Did you know that you can request a Vegan meal from the airline? I did it the last time I went to Europe and loved it…not only do you get your meal first but it is fresh and tasty (esp. on your way back from Europe…I found the food to be better than when leaving Canada…I have to say Europeans do know their food!). If you let the airline know 2 hours in advance it should be no problemo. Cheers :)

93 Jess - The Domestic Vegan September 16, 2010

Have a FABULOUS time!! I have been way behind on reading blogs so I didn’t even know you were going to Paris! I can’t wait to hear all about it & see pictures!

I’m so excited to see the vegan food you find during your travels.

94 Leah @ Why Deprive? September 16, 2010

Have a safe flight! Im really looking forward to hearing about Paris! :)

95 Beth @ bride in the little white dress September 16, 2010

Portable packets of cocoa coconut butter exist?! I must find some immediately because it sounds absolutely divine!

Have a safe trip over— looking forward to hearing about your travels! :)

96 erica September 16, 2010

have a safe flight and faaaaabulous trip!!!
looking forward to seeing pics and hearing all about it!

97 Sarah (OC2Seattle) September 16, 2010

I am a huge fan of hot lemon water in the morning especially for allergy sufferers like me. Hope you have a great time in Paris (my favorite city)!

98 Amanda September 16, 2010

I can’t believe you’re going to Paris already! It seems like just yesterday you announced it. What is Eric going to do without you?? Mr. Oh-he-glows should do another guest post, lol.

No I don’t remember when he put the peel in the green monster…. can you post the link?

99 Nicole (Picky Nicky) September 16, 2010

HAVE A GREAT TRIP :D :D

100 allison September 16, 2010

Awww so jealous that you are going to france!!! I took 4 years of honors french and always thought that i would spend a semester over there studying but it hasn’t happened (yet!) I hope you have a wonderously delicious time, I’m sure that there must be some good vegan places…somewhere!

That was so sweet of your hubby to make your “green” monster:)

101 thehealthyapron September 16, 2010

Have a safe trip!!

102 Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks September 16, 2010

Have fun on your trip!

P.S. The spoon in your oats is the BEST spoon EVER.

Just thought you should know!

103 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 16, 2010

Because of my nut allergies, I always have to pack my own snacks for flights too. It’s annoying, but at least our snacks are probably way better than airplane food. :D

Have a safe flight!

104 Morgan @ Life After Bagels September 16, 2010

First, I totally swear by hot water and lemon in the morning, it’s a great way to star the day

Second – not to scare you but Brad made me a green monster a month ago and you want to know what he put it in it . . . Greens Plus . . . instead of spinach, I truly do not think he understands my philosophy on clean eating, it angers me just thinking about the whole debacle

Third – SAFE TRAVELS :)

105 Olya September 16, 2010

Have a safe flight and a fantastic time in France!

106 Jo @JAGSfitnessblog.com September 16, 2010

Great snacks for the plane – have an awesome time in France :)

107 Sara September 16, 2010

Okay, random comment, but I just wanted to say how adorable your spoon is! =D

108 Lisa September 16, 2010

Have a wonderful time!!

109 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 16, 2010

Safe travels my friend!

110 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 16, 2010

i cant get enough of that adorable twig spoon! it brightens my day actually, lol!
have an amazing journey love!! be safe yet have as much fun as u can ;)

btw ur Project Food Blog post was absolutely INCREDIBLE and INSPIRING! thank you for sharing <3

xoxo

111 Alexa @ Sohdalex September 16, 2010

That airplane food looks great! I just took that red-eye flight into paris and didn’t pack anything like that in my carry on! I ended up finding this salad joint in the airport when I had a short layover in atlanta and it held me over till my croissant in Paris. I am now in Lacoste, in the South of France, and LOVE it here. Have a safe flight and an amazing time!!!!!! :D

112 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 16, 2010

Oh my gosh you’re going to have so much fun in Paris!!! Cannot wait to see photos! Have a safe flight! :)

113 highonhealthy September 16, 2010

Oh my.. you definitely are a champ for downing that “green” smoothie! And Eric managed to put a banana peel in one once?! I would have been too scared to try anymore smoothies from him. ;)

Have fun in Paris! I can’t wait to hear about it and see pictures. :)

114 Cara Craves... September 16, 2010

Safe travels!
Have the time of your life.

115 Nova September 16, 2010

Hey Angela! I’ve started drinking green tea with lemon in the mornings to start the day out right, and yesterday I put added a new ingredient. Has anyone here ever drank Aloe Vera in their tea or juice??? I am trying to get off of all of my prescription skin meds and so I figured out right away that you can’t just make outside changes… the aloe is actually good in hot tea; it adds a citrus-y taste and blends nicely with the lemon! I have been researching stuff to help with my skin, and I keep hearing more and more about aloe vera…. You should try some!! :) Have fun with the fam in Paris!

116 Pure2raw twins September 16, 2010

Have a safe flight, although you might be there already!

We look forward in reading about your time there…have so much fun!!!!

117 laura @ Starloz September 16, 2010

oh i’m excited to share paris with you

118 Rebecca September 16, 2010

Have a great trip, I can’t wait to see all your pictures :-)

119 Cate September 16, 2010

Have a wonderful time in Paris!!! The brown monster cracked me up!! Such a good idea to bring your own snacks on the plane! ENJOY!!

120 Danielle September 16, 2010

Snack packs are so much fun – especially to unpack, with the joy of having them there!

Hope that your trip is wonderful!

121 Shawna September 16, 2010

I cannot wait to see how you negotiate your diet in Paris! I lived there last summer and found vegetarian options to be scarce- now I am vegan and I’m not sure how I would survive. I pretty much lived on croissants aux amandes, macarons, and baguettes with cheese (eaten en plein air in the jardin de luxembourg whenever possible of course). It would be nice to eat healthily and affordably in France without feeling like you were missing out on all the delicacies. It really is the most beautiful city in the world. Bon Voyage. Bisous!

122 kate September 16, 2010

airplane food is a must! enjoy your trip.

123 Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) September 17, 2010

Chomp the carrots like crazy when you’re taking off! It’ll keep your ears from popping! But most of all, HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

124 Katherine September 17, 2010

Have an awesome time in Paris (its pretty much my favorite city ever!) Good luck sleeping on the flight. Can’t wait to see the updates from Paris!

125 Sportsgirl September 17, 2010

Save travels!!

126 Seglare September 17, 2010

Welcome to Europe! Hope you had a good flight and managed to get some sleep. :) Looking forward to reading about your adventures in Paris!

127 emily September 17, 2010

hot lemon water is a favorite of mine too! especially with a tiny squeeze of honey or agave.

i hope you enjoy your trip.

i’d love to try some glo bars. you’ve probably already answered this but, do you ship to the states?

p.s. i loved your poem below and i’m still loving your blog. thank you for writing.

128 Maria @ Kale and Cupcakes September 17, 2010

Your husband rocks! Gotta figure out how to have my hubby make me green monsters now… Totally envious of your Paris trip! Hope you have a blast! It’s gonna be fun to see all your adventures!

129 Thais September 17, 2010

I just came back from Paris last sunday. I am vegetarian, not vegan, but I should warn you that being a vegan in Paris will not be an easy task!
Be sure to check out “Le Garnier de Notre Dame”, an awesome vegetarian restaurant. It is quite busy so be sure to make reservations for dinner.
Also, I would recommend visiting Rue Cler every morning or afternooons from 3-7pm (except for mondays when it is dead). It is a pedestrian market-street, and you can pick up local produce every morning and go have your meal in the Champs du Mars looking at the Eiffel tower. Lovely!
Have a nice trip!

130 Natalia - a side of simple September 17, 2010

Praying for a safe flight! I went to Paris this spring and loved it. I can’t wait to hear about your adventure =)

131 Lauren September 17, 2010