Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait, it has been too long!
On Wednesday night, I went to make a batch of vegan overnight oats before bed and I realized that I was out of almond milk. It was almost midnight and I was so desperate I considered making almond milk from scratch and then Eric convinced me to stop being a crazed lunatic and go to bed.
Sometimes husbands know best.
Thursday morning, I awoke happy and then my heart sank when I realized I did not have any oats waiting for me.
However, the almond milk is now back baby! All is right in the world again.
Cherry-Blueberry Chocolate Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tbsp vega Chocolate Protein Powder (yum!!!)
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cherries, chopped & pitted
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- cacao nibs, for garnish
- Banana soft serve
Directions: The night before (or 1-2 hours before you want to eat) in a small bowl mix the oats, milk, protein powder, chia seeds, cherries, and blueberries in a bowl. Whisk well to get out clumps. In the morning, remove from fridge and layer in a glass with Banana soft serve (1 frozen banana processed until soft serve forms). Add toppings and enjoy!
I have a ton of amazing health links for you to help pass the time before the long weekend! ;) Enjoy!
Health News Round Up:
- 5 Healthy reasons (and recipes) to love mangoes – Fit Sugar
- New Green Monster recipes are up! – Green Monster Movement
- Are you a pen and paper person? Check out these Eco friendly notepads and planners – LobotoME
- What’s Fresh: How to cook 20 vegetables simply! – Huffington Post
- Celebrate your natural beauty – Faces Of Beauty
- Habits of healthy people: Turn the TV off – Daily Spark
- 5 Habits that are sabotaging your sleep – Thatsfit.ca
- A recipe I want to try: Vegan Green Monster Muffins – The Chic Life
- Turkish bean and herb salad – NY Times
- Boosting immunity after intense exercise- early research – Huffington Post
- 7-year old rides 600 miles for charity – Thats Fit.com
- Training for a marathon? Be sure to listen to what your body is telling you – National Post
- 10 foods to pack for a healthy picnic (or lunch!) – Fit Sugar
- Survey says: More people consult the internet instead of docs – Vitamin G
- Stressed out? Try graphotherapy for relaxation – Fit Sugar
- Help the students: Making student friendly recipes – Zesty Cook
- Check out this free Smart School Time Recipes cookbook! – One Frugal Foodie
- Carrot Cake Scuffins – Women’s Day
- Apple Cupcakes – Vitamin G
- Pumpkin Pie Banana Chunk Oatmeal Cookies – Girl with the pink sneakers
- In A Jiffy Curry Chickpea burgers – Rawtumn
- Fig and Walnut Vegan Overnight Oats – Sweet Salty Spicy
- Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait – Get Natured
- Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas – Tea Time With Lin
- Gingersnap vegan Overnight Oats – Yo Soy
- Vegan Overnight oats- Kristy Runs
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Vegan Overnight Oats – Reshape Your Life
- In A Jiffy Curry Chickpea Burgers – Yum Ventures
- Frosty No Bake Glo Cakes – Spa Bettie
- Carrot Cake Scuffins – Healthy Me
- Nut Butter Crusted Fries – Girl Meets Health
- Roasted Balsamic Green Beans – Vegeneration
- Nut Butter Crusted fries – Making Good Choices
Well, it is Friday and I am determined to get caught up by the long weekend.
One, two, three…break! Happy Friday :)