Back In The Kitchen

Good morning!

Last night was filled with email catch-up, unpacking, laundry, and finally the most recent Lie To Me episode! A nice mixture of work and play.

I realized that I forgot to show you a few of my favourite pictures of the trip! These pictures were taken by Eric on Friday night when he went out to explore the city.

20100813IMG 0204 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

I forgot to mention, but the Congress Hotel that we stayed at is supposedly haunted! I will verify that while I am not a ghost believer, I did hear the ghosts on Saturday night at 2am. It wasn’t pretty.

20100813IMG 0192 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

The gorgeous fountain near the hotel is below. At night they play classical music and the fountain changes colour according to the song. Eric and I went there one night and just sat by the bench and it was so romantic.

20100813IMG 0194 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

20100813IMG 0195 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

20100813IMG 0198 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

I love this picture below so much. It looks straight out of a movie or something.

20100813IMG 0201 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

20100813IMG 0202 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

And now for my first homemade breakfast in a week. I was waiting for this moment to get back in my kitchen. Nothing beats it. I can’t wait to start creating recipes again.

Eric was looking forward to his beloved Nature’s Path Raisin Bran cereal too! :) He has already had it twice since we got home. He says it is his ‘comfort food’, lol.

First things first, we lost an hour of sleep last night with the time change, so I needed to pull out all the stops today.

Meet my newest tea love:

20100819IMG 0499 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

This would be Samurai Chai Mate loose leaf tea from Teaopia. It tastes SO good. It basically tastes like Fall in a cup. A bit spicy, a bit cinnamon flavoured, and super comforting. I know you probably don’t want to hear the word Fall right now, but trust me when I say this is the perfect Fall tea. No sweetener or milk is required for it to taste amazing either.

20100819IMG 0487 thumb   Back In The Kitchen 20100819IMG 0488 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

The salesman told me that it has as much caffeine as coffee! I knew this would be a perfect tea for those mornings when I need an extra boost.

20100819IMG 0501 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

I definitely had tons of energy after drinking a cup! I am almost bouncing off the walls- but in a good way. ;)

20100819IMG 0485 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

I chose Pumpkin Pie Vegan Overnight Oats for the first breakfast at home. (PS- I have now added this recipe on my Recipes page, sorry I did not put it up last week).

20100819IMG 0489 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

Loved using my new wooden twig spoon from Anthropologie!

20100819IMG 0491 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

20100819IMG 0493 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

I topped the pumpkin VOO with some swag bag food- Barney Butter and cranberries.

Oh Barney, it has been WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!

20100819IMG 0496 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

For some reason, I don’t remember coming across the Barney Butter in Chicago! It is probably best that I don’t have it in the house though….

20100819IMG 0484   Back In The Kitchen

20100819IMG 0498 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

Work beckons me. I think I am in the hole about 500 Glo bars at this point. Luckily I have the Samurai tea in me today. :)

20100819IMG 0483 thumb   Back In The Kitchen

As my dad always says, ‘Another Day, Another Dollar!’

Today is a ‘rest’ day off exercise for me. I missed my 10 mile long run while I was away on vacation so I am hoping to squeeze it in the next couple days.

Enjoy your day. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet August 19, 2010

500 bars! Eeeeek. Get crack ‘a lackin’! :) Have a great day Ange!

Amanda August 19, 2010

Have fun in the kitchen! I bet your refreshed and ready to start baking!

Annie@stronghealthyfit August 19, 2010

Mm that tea sounds good! I’m ready for fall to be here :-) You’re so lucky your job is located in your kitchen!

Ameena August 19, 2010

I love that fountain in Chicago…it was made famous by Married With Children I think. I made it a point to seek it out during my first trip there and thought it was so beautiful!

Good luck getting caught up on everything today!

JenATX August 19, 2010

While you work on those bars, I’ll be pounding out this memo at work! Sometimes when I have a lot to do I like to think about other people working just as hard as me, helps my mind stay motivated :)

Leanne August 19, 2010

That Tea looks delicious! Yummy!!

The pictures from your trip were absolutely beautiful, travelling to Chicago has been added to my “bucket list” :)

Chelsea at Striking Balance August 19, 2010

Yum those VOO look soo good. I love having the VOO/banana soft serve parfaits in the morning. Tastes so indulgent, but is full of good for you stuff!

I can’t wait to try the pumpkin version. Too bad pumpkin costs an arm and a leg at the stores right now! Might have to wait until fall!

Good luck with your orders!

Chelsea

Laura August 19, 2010

AMAZING pictures!!!
After seeing all your Chicago pics, I am also one who has added Chicago on my list of ‘must-visit’ cities. :)
Have a great day!

Nicole - yuppie yogini August 19, 2010

Vacation is nice but I also like to get back to my own house and my comfort foods…great pics by the way!

Tina August 19, 2010

I made an oatmeal parfait in a glass for my breakfast today. Totally inspired by you and heavenly delicious. :D

I’m not really sure what I think about ghosts either. I don’t really believe in them, but do let haunted places freak me out. How can I freak about something I don’t believe in? LOL

Jessie (Bites and Pieces) August 19, 2010

I’m not much of a ghost believer myself, but that hotel really creeped me out! Luckily, I didn’t hear (or see) any ghosts during my stay. Loved seeing your night-time Chicago photos, they came out great. Looks like you guys had a great trip. :)

Kristy@ KristyRuns.com August 19, 2010

Oohhhh! I want to hear more about the spookiness at the Congress!

I LOVE the twig-looking spoon in your oats! :)

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs August 19, 2010

ooh i’m gutted I missed seeing the fountain looking like that – so beautiful!!!
Glad you’re home safe :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 19, 2010

Right now I’m loving

KUSMI Tea’s Prince Wladimir black tea.

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) August 19, 2010

Sounds like you next an assistant Glo chef for the next week!!

I love your spoon – Anthropologie has the best stuff, I could spend our life savings there. hehe

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 19, 2010

Well, I guess we know where you’ll be today: baking up a storm! But isn’t it an awesome feeling knowing that your business is wanted and doing well? :)

I love your twig spoon — that is adorable and fits in with your “theme” of fall with the pumpkin oats!

Eric takes very beautiful photographs — have either of you taken photography classes or are you both self taught?

Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow August 19, 2010

Girl, it sounds like you need to turn on some fun tunes and bake the day away! Tunes are my savior when I’m behind, in need of energy or just something to keep me going.

I just returned from my honeymoon in Europe and I can 100% relate to what you said about returning home to your comfort foods and kitchen. We ate so well and experienced so many new things on our trip…but coming home to my green monster and bowl of oatmeal was like a dream! :)

Amber K August 19, 2010

I am eating barney butter right now with my breakfast! LOVE it!

Camille August 19, 2010

I loooove your new spoon! So cool!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter August 19, 2010

Whew! 500 bars sounds exhausting, but I love being in the kitchen so I wouldn’t mind helping you out :)

Emily August 19, 2010

The comforts of home are so wonderful! The tea sounds fabulous :) I was inspired by your pumpkin VOO to try some hot pumpkin pie oats the other morning. Delicious but I’m so not ready for the flavors of fall! Maybe in a few more weeks..

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 19, 2010

The fountain pictures are so cool, and your spoon is so so so cute! Glad to see you got back safely. Good luck with all the baking today!! :)

The Wife of a Dairyman August 19, 2010

I love the night shots of your vacation…..beautiful! Great job Eric!
wow! That’s a hefty order of Glo Bars to complete.

Mallory @ Little Miss Locavore August 19, 2010

I love tea. Right now I’m just using tea bags, but now I’m wanting to get some loose tea. It looks yummy.

Halley @ Blunder Construction August 19, 2010

I love the wooden twig spoon, it looks great in the photo! I couldn’t tell if they were big serving spoons or dining utensils before. Food and wood look good together (look at all those ooo’s!)

Jessica August 19, 2010

500 Glo Bars sounds like a dream compared to my job haha, but I’m sure after 100 I wouldn’t be saying that ;). Good luck!

By the way you were in my dream last night ahaha. (your blog was the last thing I read before bed) We were in a Chili’s restaurant, on a train! You were my waitress. The train was filled with celebrities and the only person I was excited to meet was you! LOL The vegan options consisted of a deconstructed burrito salad minus the rice. It had a ton of avocados which I thought looked delicious, some of them even had grill marks on them? The other option I wanted to try (until I saw the price) was hijiki with onions… it was $94.99! AHHH! But I was planning on asking you what was vegan just so you would know I was vegan too ;) lol I’m a nerd!

Lisa August 19, 2010

I love the nighttime fountain photo! How romantic.

Tiffany August 19, 2010

Yum! Those VOO look divine!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg August 19, 2010

500 bars?! Holy wow! You’re on your way to being the next lara bar!! :-)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) August 19, 2010

Welcome home!

Sandra August 19, 2010

Got a ?

When you eat the overnight oats, do you warm them up or just eat them cold?

Thanks

Sandra

Stacey @ The Habit of Healthy August 19, 2010

I don’t know if I believe in ghosts but the very idea that they may exist freaks me out!!

I can’t believe you have so many bars to make. You must be doing something right!!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing August 19, 2010

Oooo will you share more about the ghost?!
And GORGEOUS pictures!

Neen @ Broad Bean to Runner Bean August 19, 2010

Your trip looked truly amazing, chicago sounds great! glad you a great time and glad your home safe! have a fab time making the 500 globars! OMG!

Amanda August 19, 2010

Welcome back home Ange! You and Eric deserved a nice vacation to recharge, you’ve been working so much this summer!

And that spoon is so adorable! It looks like a little tree is growing out of your oats!

Lauren August 19, 2010

I cant wait to have pumpkin back in my life again. You better believe I am getting right on these overnight oats too!

Marina August 19, 2010

The pumpkin oats look delicious. I really need some pumpkin infusion, soon!
Good luck with all those bars!!

chelsey August 19, 2010

Love the spoons – your breakfast looks amazing!

Alexa @ Sohdalex August 19, 2010

I’ve been looking for a good pumpkin oats recipe and this looks oh so delicious. I will have to try it! and love the wooden spoons, too cute ;)

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans August 19, 2010

I don’t know about everyone else but I am really looking forward to Fall. A chilly night with a warm cup of tea is just great in my eyes!!

Page 1 of 212»