Sticky Finger Plant

Good morning!

Well, I did not accomplish my goal of staying off the computer last night…I was working until 11:45pm last night. Oops. Tonight will be lots of fun though. I have a fun outing planned and I can’t wait to tell you about it!

Don’t think you are a runner? Believing you can do it is half the battle…

Here is an uplifting story that a reader named Irene told me about and we thought you might be inspired too!

runHi Angela! I left a message on your blog on June 5 saying that I felt inspired by your Acura 10-miler race recap and wanted to run the same race this year, but I doubted if I could handle it.

You emailed me back and said I could try – and I did.

I ran a PR of 2:10:26 at the 2010 Acura 10 Miler yesterday.

I’m super proud of myself. ;-)  Before May this year, I had never even run 3km in my whole life and I’m in my 40’s.  I feel much better about myself after I started running ;-)

Thank you!

Congrats Irene! You are amazing and will be an inspiration for so many people out there who also think they cannot run a certain distance. Thanks for allowing me to share your success story!

Onto breakfast…

IMG_2323

Wake me up before you go go (I woke up with that song stuck in my head!)

IMG_2317

For breakfast I had vegan overnight oats that I prepared last night before bed. I decided to make a bowl of it this morning and throw in some fun toppings!

Almond Butter and Blueberry Jam Vegan Overnight Oats

IMG_2291

VOO Add in’s:

The plant tried to stick his finger in for a try!!!

IMG_2290

For some reason I am not crazy about nut butter in my vegan overnight oats! Unless it is incorporated into the banana soft serve that is.

Back off plant!!

IMG_2313

I really enjoyed the blueberry jam in this.

IMG_2302  IMG_2296

They were eying my breakfast too…

IMG_2315

IMG_2316

Health News Round Up

Here are some of my favourite health and fitness links over the past week. Enjoy!

Yummy food spottings:

Git er done!

[But also remember- “You can do anything, but not everything.”~David Allen]   :biggrin:

Page 2 of 2«12
Jenna July 14, 2010

YUM! I am looking up raw brownie recipes ASAP! I love your mug, so cute!

Karen July 14, 2010

Nice work Irene! Next time I’m dragging my heels I’ll think of you and how great you did :)

Fueling for Fitness July 13, 2010

That bowl of VOO looks AMAZING! I miss almond butter. :( I ran out, and was determined to make my own – but I haven’t gotten around to it yet so I have been without it for months now. I may have to cave and pick up a jar until I have some time to process my own. :P

I really liked Irene’s story – what an inspiration!! I love powerful the human mind, spirit and body can really be once they’re all working toward the same goal.

-Alison

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition July 13, 2010

Thanks for all those awesome links!

Megan July 13, 2010

Almond butter and jam is my FAVORITE! Definitely making this soon :)

Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life July 13, 2010

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Those oats look fab. I’m starving- I think I’m going to go make me some!

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 13, 2010

Congrats to Irene! How wonderful!

Laura (Starloz) July 13, 2010

i could stare at your food photographs EVERY DAY!

Mai July 13, 2010

Ok, so I have to tell you, I ordered some Glo Bars when you had your Canada Day sale. I literally could not wait for them to arrive. I was SO SO SO excited, I even tracked them via Canada post (oh man did I really just admit that?).

Anyway, they showed up yesterday morning. They were waiting for me when I opened up the door as I was leaving to go get some coffee. I think I literally did a little happy dance.

I exercised some self-control, as I had just eaten breakfast, and waited until just before my afternoon yoga class to dig in. I chose to have an Empower flavored one, as I figured it would fuel me through my class.

Oh. My. God. You are an absolute bar-goddess. It was perfect. I don’t even usually like coffee-chocolate flavors that much (I hate mochas), but this was amazing and the texture was spot on.

This morning, I had a six mile run to do. Now I can’t run on an empty stomach, but I can’t run with too much in there either. So I usually have a small snack before heading out and then have breakfast when I get home. I figured a glo-bar would be perfect. I went with Endure this time, to help me ‘endure’ my run. Again, you are brilliant. I loved the dried fruit quantities, and the texture and the taste.

I can’t wait to try the rest of the flavors you sent (I got a variety pack). You’ve turned me into an addict. Now if only you sold in a Vancouver store so I didn’t have to wait for them to make their way across the country whenever I want my fix.

On second thought, I beg, beg, beg you to find a Vancouver store to sell at. I’m pretty sure it would make my life complete.

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling. I’m sorry for the lengthy comment, I just wanted to tell you how much I love your bars. You are incredibly good at what you do, and I hope you know that. I can tell you take pride in your work and you absolutely deserve to because you’re awesome!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 14, 2010

Thank you SO much for such a ‘gloing’ review! You are such a sweetheart. This really made my day. xo

Kaitlin With Honey July 13, 2010

I’m a new runner too, so I really appreciate you posting something about someone else just like me! It’s nice to see where I could (and plan to) be in a few months.

Also, I saw that you don’t love nut butter on your overnight oats, but have you ever tried nuts? I make this awesome nut granola (that just reminded me that I still need to post it on my blog!) that I put on top of my overnight oats, and they are DIVINE!

Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 13, 2010

What a great story Irene!!
And what another great breakfast Angela!!!

jenny (Green Food Diaries) July 13, 2010

such beautiful flowers…

angela, i tried your nut butter fries yesterday – they were HOLY CRAP fantastic! they are now my favourite fries too. i have to make some more almond butter (thats what i coated them in) so i can make some more!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 13, 2010

I like your lists…I clicked over to the Girl Names-Top 100..my name Avery (but I spell it Averie) is #31. I legally changed my name from something extremely lame that I hated for nearly 3 decades to Averie about 18 mos ago. And my middle name and my last name too :) Clean slate! But it’s interesting that all these little baby girls and me will have the same name. I’m Averie Harmony and my daughter is Skylar Lotus. Om shanti baby, can you tell we’re a yoga-teaching, vegan, hippy dippy lovey dovey kinda house…haha!

Courtney (Delightful Devours) July 13, 2010

Hey, congrats to Irene! I love a good inspiring health story on a dreary Tuesday afternoon!

On other notes, your overnight oats look great. I’ve tried jam in mine plenty of times and it is delicious!

Lalla July 13, 2010

<hehehe I just realized that what you call "overnight oats" or simply oats for breakfast nothing more then our swiss "bircher müesli" is! :D
Lalla

Candice @ ChiaSeedMe July 13, 2010

Congrats to Irene! Running is not easy in the beginning, but it’s so worth it in the end!

VOO looks amazing…as always! I haven’t made it in awhile…I may have to be bringing it back soon. I did, however, try savory oats for the first time this morning. They weren’t my favorite thing ever, but they were pretty good. May have to experiment some more.

Thanks for the link! :)

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies July 13, 2010

Okay – those oats look amazing, and the blueberry jam sounds fantastic. Also – congrats to Irene. What a great story.

Kathryn July 13, 2010

I mistakenly bought the sweetened almond butter instead of the raw I usually get – I’ve actaully kind of liked it to add to my green monsters and VOO because it is just enough sweet! I probably won’t buy it again, but I’m enjoying it right now.

Heidi July 13, 2010

Hi Angela! Tried VOO for the first time today! Made strawberry banana soft serve with it. It was amazing! It kept me full for hours. Why did I wait this long to make it!?!

Thanks for all your inspiration! Keep on writing!

AngelaOSG July 13, 2010

So glad to hear you enjoyed it!