Well, I did not accomplish my goal of staying off the computer last night…I was working until 11:45pm last night. Oops. Tonight will be lots of fun though. I have a fun outing planned and I can’t wait to tell you about it!
Don’t think you are a runner? Believing you can do it is half the battle…
Here is an uplifting story that a reader named Irene told me about and we thought you might be inspired too!
“Hi Angela! I left a message on your blog on June 5 saying that I felt inspired by your Acura 10-miler race recap and wanted to run the same race this year, but I doubted if I could handle it.
You emailed me back and said I could try – and I did.
I ran a PR of 2:10:26 at the 2010 Acura 10 Miler yesterday.
I’m super proud of myself. ;-) Before May this year, I had never even run 3km in my whole life and I’m in my 40’s. I feel much better about myself after I started running ;-)
Congrats Irene! You are amazing and will be an inspiration for so many people out there who also think they cannot run a certain distance. Thanks for allowing me to share your success story!
Wake me up before you go go (I woke up with that song stuck in my head!)
For breakfast I had vegan overnight oats that I prepared last night before bed. I decided to make a bowl of it this morning and throw in some fun toppings!
Almond Butter and Blueberry Jam Vegan Overnight Oats
- using classic vegan overnight oats recipe
VOO Add in’s:
- 1/2 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 tsp Cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp Organic blueberry jam
- 1/2 tbsp Homemade raw almond butter
The plant tried to stick his finger in for a try!!!
For some reason I am not crazy about nut butter in my vegan overnight oats! Unless it is incorporated into the banana soft serve that is.
Back off plant!!
I really enjoyed the blueberry jam in this.
They were eying my breakfast too…
Health News Round Up
Here are some of my favourite health and fitness links over the past week. Enjoy!
- 5 Healthy Morning Must-dos – Fitsugar
- 6 tips to ward off post-vacation blues – Daily Spark
- How often should I switch up my fitness routine? – Thatsfit
- How to buy the right running shoes – Globe and Mail
- Beet recipes even a beet hater can love – NY Times
- How to pack healthy snacks for the beach – Huffington Post
- 5 awesome uses for aloe – Health.com
- Do you really need 100 SPF Sunscreen? – Fitsugar
- What exercise science doesn’t know about women – NY Times
- Top 100 girls names of 2010 – Huffington Post
- Your brain on exercise– NY Times
- My interview with Bizymoms – Bizymoms
- Check out this charity to raise money for cancer – Wannabe Athlete
Yummy food spottings:
- Cherry, Banana, & Coconut Butter Bread
- Strawberry VOO
- Healthy Spelt Pancakes For One and again with banana topping!
- Skinni-mini glo buns
- Vegan Garlic Scape pesto + 2 other pesto recipes
- Couscous and cheeze and here
- Energize Me Creamy Fruit Dip
- Vegan overnight oats in a gorgeous bowl presentation
- Nut Butter Crusted Parsnip Fries
- In A Jiffy Spelt Veggie Burgers
Git er done!
[But also remember- “You can do anything, but not everything.”~David Allen] :biggrin: