Goal Setting for the Week Ahead

Good morning!

Word on the street is that you can eat the Yucca flower…

IMG_2217

You know this just makes my weekend finding this out. I’m not quite sure why.

IMG_2215

So of course I had to try it!

IMG_2219

Don’t worry I didn’t put it in my Vegan overnight oats!

IMG_2224

I took a few inside and washed them and then tried a few petals…

IMG_2223

It was very light tasting with a slight astringent taste. I could see myself using the petals in a stir-fry!

This morning I wanted a delicious Vegan overnight oats parfait!

Last night I made the vegan overnight oats…

IMG_2193

In my classic vegan overnight oats:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds

Directions: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl and place in fridge overnight or for 1-2 hours.

Well, first things first, I always make my japanese sencha green tea!

IMG_2196

I made Strawberry Almond Soft Serve using 3 strawberries, 1 frozen banana, and 1/2 tbsp homemade raw almond butter.

IMG_2199

Boom.

IMG_2205

IMG_2208 IMG_2211

IMG_2209

No better way to begin a Monday!

IMG_2227

My Garlic Chives are out of control! It must be because I didn’t plant them (my mother in law did).  :tongue:

IMG_2228

Some of you have been asking about where I get my dishware. Most of my VOO dishes are from Crate and Barrel. You might be surprised to know that most of them are actually VASES and not actual glasses! I go straight to the vase section for some fun and unusual glasses.

IMG_2230

IMG_2231

Goal-setting for the week ahead:

This morning, I decided to set a few goals to help ignite my motivation in areas where it is lacking. There are a few things in my life that I need to make an extra effort to accomplish! I figure if I make a list, that is half the battle (I love list making!).

My goals for the week:

1) Get in a LAP SWIM this week (we have been totally neglecting our lap swims!)

2) Go Biking (ditto above)

3) Get caught up on business document tracking (Enter in all receipts, transactions, etc)

4) Complete and send in Retail Sales Tax return

5) Get caught up on online orders by Wednesday PM

6) Start READING for pleasure again! (Any good book suggestions??)

7) Banking

8) Create downtime + relaxation in the evenings- stay off computer!

9) Get caught up on emails!!!

You may also be interested to read my 10 in 2010 goals, my post on how to set goals and achieve them, and positive and negative goals.

What are your goals for the week? Do you make a list at the beginning of each week?

MAKE IT A GREAT WEEK!  :biggrin:

Page 3 of 3«123
Meagan July 14, 2010

Wow, that’s A LOT of smoothie!

Jen July 12, 2010

I am late to this post, but I had to add two amazing books I’ve read in the last few years – 1) Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald, 2) Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. You’ll probably shed a tear on both books but they’re amazing…check them out!

court July 12, 2010

I recently decided that I’d like to make it a goal to run a 1/2 marathon. At the moment I can run 4 miles confidently. I need help planning out a ‘training schedule’ of sorts; how fast should I be incresing my milage? I havn’t done something like this before. Thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2010

I would try to look for plans online and then adapt them to fit your needs. Hal Hidgon’s website has good ones, although I find that I dont need to run as often as 5 days a week so I always cut mine down a bit (3-4 runnings days works best for me per week). Goodluck!

Krista July 12, 2010

My one and only goal this week is to NOT use my debit card AT ALL. I’ve been spending a little here, there and everywhere and it has got to stop! I’ve got a 20 in my wallet and that’s my allowance for the week.

Liza July 12, 2010

On Sunday I finished ready “Heart of the Matter” by Emily Giffen. It kept me up for an extra hour each night before bed because I simply couldn’t put it down! It was sooo good.. I’m a little sad that I’m done with it… but now I can finally catch up on sleep! I recommend ALL of Emily Giffen’s books, especially “Something Borrowed” (soon to be a movie starring Kate Hudson! Woo hoo!) Last night i started a new book – “Born to Run!”

Liza July 12, 2010

Correction – author’s name is Emily Giffin (NOT Giffen)!

Julie @SavvyEats July 12, 2010

My goals for the week:

1. Replant the spinach in our garden (last week’s heat wave killed what was already there :( )
2. Plant ‘cool season’ crops (kale, Swiss chard, etc)
3. Foam roll 2x/day so I don’t get any overuse injuries
4. Bike 80 miles total (40 down already!)
5. Finish our wedding thank you notes!

Brynne July 12, 2010

The flowers remind me of the flowers from squash plants – you can eat those too! Both would probably taste and look great in a sweet and savory summer salad.

I love goal setting – I usually set some everyday when I wake up, especially if I do yoga – they become my intention.

As for books, “The Help” is amazing for a serious read, and Sara Giffin writes great chick lit :)

Katie July 12, 2010

Lunch in Paris is an amazing book, I am almost done and cant put it down. Its the local foodies lover version of “Eat Pray, Love”

Rachel July 12, 2010

Pretty VOO! Might I suggest Eat, Pray, Love? I’m only just getting into it, but I love the way it’s written — easy read, can totally relate, and basically revolves around food, prayer, love and yoga — life at it’s best. Not to mention Julia Roberts to star in it when it comes out in theatres next month!

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com July 12, 2010

I love your pics -they are always so beautiful. I swear – you could turn something ugly (not like anything you ever eat or do is ugly) into something gorgeous! My goals this week are to get through the week – and be sane:) I have deadlines, appts and cleaning – good luck to me.

Monique@She's Going The Distance July 12, 2010

Those flowers are beautiful! Almost as beautiful as your oats yummy :)

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble July 12, 2010

You’re VOO are always picture perfect and deliciously scrumptious!

Erin July 12, 2010

Nice goals! I keep a running to do list for my day-to-day stuff, and a list of larger goals with smaller steps to take. I just wrote a big list of big goals last week so that I can buckle down on some of them.

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 12, 2010

Hope your able to complete your tasks and find some time to relax.

Heather July 12, 2010

those flowers are so pretty!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies July 12, 2010

Ohh – I’ve been in the market for various vases, etc – more for decorative purposes…but love the idea for food!

Lisa @bakebikeblog July 12, 2010

Wow – I love the tip to look at vases rather than glasses! BRILLIANT!

Lauren M. July 12, 2010

Oh Goodness…”Eat, Pray, Love” makes me laugh out loud! Some of it’s sad, but some of it’s so funny! She’s got such a wonderful and sarcastic writing style. I’m only 1/3 of the way through it, but I MUST finish it before the movie (with Julia Roberts!) comes out. I LOVE this book and I think you would too.

Annie@stronghealthyfit July 12, 2010

Great post! How cute that you use vases for dishware :-) My goals for the week are to not eat as much sugar as I did last week, and to list some books on eBay for sale. And go for a long run!!

Rowie July 12, 2010

Sorry to post twice, but i just thought of one of my FAVORITE books that foodies might appreciate. The Art Of Eating by MFK Fisher. A fabulous read!!!

Kim July 12, 2010

I’m a big list/goal person – I schedule my workouts daily and personal and business to-do’s everyday! It helps keep my focused. I do make longer term goals, but seem to do better on shorter term goals

I also just received my Glo Bars and they look so good! Can’t decide which one to try first!

Kim

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 12, 2010

Enjoy!

Rowie July 12, 2010

Hey! Your breakfast parfait looked amazing! I’m so glad that i’m not the only one obsessed with list making! They are so satisfying! Also, check out my blog. I have a page devoted to my book list, things i’ve read, things i loved, and things i’d like to read. Maybe it’ll give you some ideas! I love the goal setting idea, and might try it out myself. It seems to help when i’ll be held accountable for those goals by others. Have a great week, and good luck with your goal list!

Kellie July 12, 2010

I am reading The Help right now and I am liking it. I liked Time Traveler’s Wife, but you do have to get through the first couple chapters to get into it. Jodi Picoult’s books are good. I love my Sister’s Keeper (I haven’t seen the movie, but I heard it is nothing like it). I am trying to read more for fun too. It is so hard to make that a priority!

Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 12, 2010

I just love your VOO – you’re presentation and photography skills are amazing! It’s a good idea to set weekly goals. I’ve never done it before but perhaps I should??