Your Sanity Is Served

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on June 18, 2010

Hellooooooo.

I’m feeling the stress excitement build as the farmer’s market open approaches tomorrow AM. Lots of last minute issues came up yesterday as they always do in the final hour and I’m sure more will today too.

However, I am a girl who knows how to release stress…

IMG_9849

It was a scary moment for all parties involved.

IMG_9854

I now have a hole in the carpet, my LLL pants, Tupperware, a wood door, and….

drumroll please

IMG_9856

Boom.

I figure if I can create this masterpiece in the wee hours of the night, my chances of tying it back on at 7am on a Saturday morning are almost as good. Either that or it will make a good straw holder.

I was supposed to do a weight training session yesterday as per my training plan, but I was working on market stuff until 11pm and made the call to skip it in favour of some R & R with the hubs. There are days when you could not bribe me with tons of money to workout and yesterday was surely one of them.

I decided this morning I would drink some liquid sanity in the form of pure, fresh, delicious juice…

IMG_9773

That would be 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 a lime, 1 apple, 2 carrots, and 1 beet.

IMG_9779

Sluuuurp.

Breakfast = Vegan Overnight Oats!

IMG_9782

Me = :devil:

I don’t think I will ever get sick of these! So many possibilities just waiting to be cultivated. I figure by the end of the summer I should have 100 variations.

I made some Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve

IMG_9787

Using 1 frozen banana, 1/3 cup blueberries, and 1/4-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract. It was fun, although I think I prefer to eat the blueberries whole rather than processed into the BSS (that’s BSS not BS!) :biggrin:

With a cherry on top.

IMG_9792

Your Sanity Is Served.

IMG_9793 IMG_9794

At least for a moment.

I remember being a kid and getting a Shirley Temple as a special treat when we went out to eat at a restaurant. I used to get SO excited about a maraschino cherry and a drink umbrella! :lol: This is the adult Shirley Temple, I guess.

Japanese Sencha Green Tea…made extra strong this morning and was a deep army green! I swear I poured half the tin into the pot. It was either that or an IV of caffeine. For whatever reason, I could not fall asleep until 3am again last night. What a week for sleep I am having.

IMG_9795

This morning I am in the process of making more Glo Dough (the ones below are raw vegan choc. chip cookie dough!), and this afternoon I am polishing off the Glo Bars and finishing all the last minute signage, packing, cash box, tarps, bungee cords, pamphlets, etc etc. I feel a bit overwhelmed….I hope I can get it all done!

IMG_9780

I would like to take this time to invite local readers to the Oakville Organic Farmer’s Market tomorrow from 9:30am-2pm. There are lots of fabulous organic vendors this year. You can find my tent beside the COFFEE vendor. Just follow your nose!

Why do I feel like I am going to become addicted to coffee this summer? :tongue:

Have a FUN Friday!

Dana in KC June 18, 2010 at 7:42 am

Last night I dreamed I was helping you bake all of your glo bars! Then we decided to dip the glo dough in melted chocolate to make cookie dough truffles. I hope your day at the market goes well. :)

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 7:43 am

hahah that’s hilarious! I wish it were true ;)

Ashley June 18, 2010 at 7:46 am

Good luck girlie!!! Looks like you’re doing great. Almost there!!! The first weekend is always the hardest…it will get easier :) Still love how cute the Glo Dough is. YUM

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 18, 2010 at 7:47 am

Whoa, you’re a regular handywoman! Good luck with the opening- people are gonna eat those GloBars/Doughs UP! :D

[email protected] June 18, 2010 at 7:57 am

Good luck getting everything done today. I am sure it will be worth it once you are at the farmer’s market tomorrow and everyone is loving all your goodies!

Tara June 18, 2010 at 7:59 am

OH Angela,
I never knew Oakville has an Organic Market. Where is it? I used to attend Sheridan for animation almost 10 years ago and now I’m living up north. We’re coming down to Toronto this weekend for a concert and I’ll see if I can steal the car and rush off in the morning for a peak. It’s a long shot but who knows. Good luck at the market! Bring some music and a book ;)
-Tara

Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 9:12 am

Tara,
It’s at Centennial Square (Lakeshore Rd. & Navy St. (west of Trafalgar) in front of The Oakville Centre). I am so excited to try Angela’s Glo Bars, that I dragged the hubby there last weekend…not knowing it didn’t start until tomorrow (doh!). The website is http://market.osfp.ca/ for more info.
Cheers, Jennifer :)

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 9:58 am

Aww sorry you missed me last weekend! Hope to see you ladies tomorrow. :)

Jess Z June 18, 2010 at 7:59 am

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow and hopefully today’s prep is not too stressful! Please post some pics of your finished stand- we’d love to see it, the pieces look great! Maybe you can share some general farmers market photos too through the summer. I think it is one of the best places on earth in the summer! :)

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 9:58 am

Yes lots of photos will be taken! :)

Jess @ MTL Veggie June 18, 2010 at 8:01 am

Nice job on the drilling ;) Quite the handy-woman!
Good luck with tomorrow’s market, not that you need it, I’m sure you will do an amazing job!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous June 18, 2010 at 8:01 am

You will get it done! One step at a time; don’t get too overwhelmed :)

Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow June 18, 2010 at 8:04 am

This Saturday market is going to be such an awesome experience for you! The build up is so tough isn’t it though…all the prep and unknown. :)

Keep making those juices to fuel the brain!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 18, 2010 at 8:07 am

If I’m in the area this summer I’ll definitely stop by your farmer’s market

Stefanie June 18, 2010 at 8:11 am

Good luck with the farmer’s market. I’m sure you will get everything you need done. Your Overnight Oat creations look so good. Have a great day. :)

Emmanuelle June 18, 2010 at 8:12 am

Good luck for tomorrow’s market, I’m sure you will do great!

Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 18, 2010 at 8:12 am

I live in East Toronto but one of these days I will stop by and visit you at the Oakville market. I need to try one of these famous Glo Bars (and Glo Dough!)

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) June 18, 2010 at 8:13 am

the blueberry banana overnight oats look beautiful!!! *almost* too pretty to eat :)

Laura June 18, 2010 at 8:17 am

All this talk of the Farmers Market has me excited. I will be there to get my hands on some of those liberate bars. Looking forward to supporting you and checking out the market. I didn’t even know it existed!

Kristin (Salty Tooth) June 18, 2010 at 8:18 am

Good luck at the farmer’s market tomorrow!

Steph (@ mediterraneanmiss) June 18, 2010 at 8:21 am

Best of luck with everything you need to do today <3 Don't forget to take a minute to breathe! It looks like you're giving you body absolutely everything that it needs, though.
I'm totally planning on swinging by tomorrow, I'll look for you when I do! Can't wait to try one of those liberate bars. See you tomorrow morning lady!
xoxo

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman June 18, 2010 at 8:22 am

With all of the work you do, and owning your own business, I’m surprised you aren’t already addicted to coffee!

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

hahah I know, just reeeeeally strong green tea. Coffee might be next

Lauren @ Health on the Run June 18, 2010 at 8:23 am

Good luck getting everything done!! Everything always seems to come down to the last minute, but fortunately it all seems to have a way of coming together in the end.

I love the look of the Glo Dough! It’s so cute…and looks delicious! I wish I lived near by so that I could go to the farmer’s market tomorrow. Hope everything goes well! :)

Also, the blueberry vanilla soft-serve is my favorite combination yet. I can’t wait to try it!

Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 18, 2010 at 8:29 am

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Dee June 18, 2010 at 8:40 am

Good luck at the Farmer’s Market Angela! I’m going to note every single Vegan Overnight Oat recipe you’ve created and trying them all! ;) Cause that’s how I roll. Happy Friday!

Jenny June 18, 2010 at 8:40 am

I either saw that or a combination of it on fitsugar, and it is seriously drool-worthy!!! You’re so creative in the kitchen and it always seems to work very well:)

Kate June 18, 2010 at 8:42 am

I hope everything goes really well tomorrow! I am sure that it will : ) If only I lived in Canada…

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker June 18, 2010 at 8:44 am

OK. The whole Glow Dough thing??? AMAZING. I eat vegan cookie dough a lot. But this stuff looks incredible. Happy Friday, girlie! <3

AllieNic (Frisky Lemon) June 18, 2010 at 8:46 am

You are HILARIOUS! The drill bit (pun intended) killed me!! The Farmers Market is sure to be a success!

The Glo Dough looks DELICIOUS!!

Megan @ Sweet On June 18, 2010 at 8:49 am

Good luck tomorrow, Angela!!!!! It will be fabulous :D

Carolyn @ lovinlosing June 18, 2010 at 8:50 am

Wish I lived close enough to come! Have fun and good luck!

jenny (Green Food Diaries) June 18, 2010 at 8:53 am

the glo dough look so cute in their liners :)

Krystina June 18, 2010 at 8:59 am

You can do it!

Christina June 18, 2010 at 9:02 am

This is so exciting for you Angela! I wish I were local so I could taste some of your Glo Dough =D

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies June 18, 2010 at 9:03 am

That cherry is just so tempting. Yum, looks delicious. Also – those glo-doughs…yummm.

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches June 18, 2010 at 9:05 am

Your vegan overnight oats creations always looks so beautiful. I love the cherry on top! Makes it just like an ice cream sundae. :)

Good luck with the farmer’s market tomorrow!

Devyn June 18, 2010 at 9:06 am

Good luck! I wish I could go!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 18, 2010 at 9:08 am

Your overnight oats always look so delicious! Good luck at the market tomorrow, I’m sure the GloBars will disappear quick. I’d love to come and see you but I’ve already got stuff going on – I’m strongly considering making the trip one of these weekends though because I LOVE farmer’s markets!

Evelyn @ cheers2healthy June 18, 2010 at 9:11 am

Yay!! You can do it!!!

[email protected]://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 18, 2010 at 9:24 am

Good luck tomorrow I know it will go good. Hope your husband is helping you.

Jen June 18, 2010 at 9:28 am

Your overnight oats always look soooo good. Mine end up looking gray and gross (but still good, of course)! :)

Powder drills scare me… lol.
Good luck at the market!!!

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 10:00 am

Imagine how scared you’d be seeing ME with a drill!

Callie June 18, 2010 at 9:40 am

I didn’t have such a good attempt at making overnight oats. They ended up tasting doughy and slimy… but I think I’ll give it another shot.
Good luck at the farmers market. I wish I could go so badly!

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 10:01 am

haha yes they are doughy and slimy but once you get past that part they are fun.

Kara @ MyWellnest June 18, 2010 at 9:52 am

Good Luck at the farmers market, but I’m sure you’ll do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 10:01 am

Thanks everyone!

Camille June 18, 2010 at 10:12 am

I hope you are able to sell the Glo Dough online! You can count me a loyal customer!

Chandra H June 18, 2010 at 10:13 am

hey angela! GOOD LUCK tomorrow, you are going to do so great, ! your bars are a-mazing :D

i know you’ve probably had this question asked a bazillion times, and i was trying to find a FAQ page, but… what kind of camera do you use? because your pictures are amazing. i love the crisp quality of closeups… my favorite one is right below ‘with a cherry on top’ ! i’m on the hunt for investing in a really good quality camera in the nearish future. thank you, i really appreciate it!

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 11:13 am

Its a Canon 30D :) with a Canon 50 mm macro lens.

Chandra H June 18, 2010 at 12:16 pm

awesome, thank you :D

lindsy June 18, 2010 at 10:19 am

Even though I’m super new to your blog…. I LOVE IT. In fact, I check back in a few times a day just to keep motivated. Yesterday, I was having an irrational moment of not wanting to pick the swiss chard… due to the bugs hanging out in my garden. I almost decided I’d rather just eat some peanut butter (which I did anyway) instead of making a green monster. Then, I checked your blog. All that talk of your new CSA goodies got me to get my shoes and brave the creepy crawlies in the garden… and it was worth it!! THANK YOU and good luck at the farmer’s market!!

AngelaOSG June 18, 2010 at 11:14 am

Awww thank you!

Sarah June 18, 2010 at 10:28 am

Step back. Breathe. You will get all of this done, and you will do awesome this weekend.

All of your farmer’s market talk has made me check into our local farmer’s market (it’s moved and I haven’t been since they moved) and plan a trip there this weekend. I’ve been looking over their website at some of the vendors, and I’m getting really excited. Thank you!

Ashley June 18, 2010 at 10:35 am

you are so dedicated and hardworking. you really are inspiration to all working women! you go ange!!!!!! :)

Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 18, 2010 at 11:06 am

Blueberry softserve! Marvellous! I think I might have to give this one a try. Sunday morning. Yup, it’s decided, Sunday morning breakfast VOO with blueberry soft serve. Good Luck tomorrow am! No doubt you’ll rock it out though! :-D

jane June 18, 2010 at 11:23 am

Good luck! do your thang girl!

Laura June 18, 2010 at 11:26 am

Angela!! I wonder why you aren’t sleeping? It would seem, with your actvity level, you’d fall asleep before your head hit the pillow!

When this same thing happened to me a few years ago, I realized the following factors were important to my sleep patterns:
1. Exercising later in the day, but not too late. I used to exercise before work, but I never slept well. Now, I exercise beteen 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. and it really makes all the difference;
2. Not getting enough starchy carbs, especially on days when I really do full-on weights or running. I ALWAYS make sure to have a whole grain with dinner now. Quinoa, millet and brown rice really work. If I can’t, I have a banana before bed;
And last but not least,
3. If I drink wine in the evening, I make sure to eat a banana before bed. This has proven to work so many times, especially if I have more than one glass of wine. Going to bed AFTER the alcohol has worn off kills sleep due to blood sugar fluxing.

I hope that one or the combination of these ideas work for you!!

Mary @ What's Cookin' with Mary June 18, 2010 at 11:46 am

I’m SO excited for you Ange!! Can’t wait to hear how it goes… ;) Good luck!!!

Victoria June 18, 2010 at 11:50 am

Wish I could go! x

Hallie June 18, 2010 at 12:23 pm

That photo of your fruit is so gorgeous! Produce is so pretty :-)

I had one of those “nope, a workout is NOT happening” days yesterday too. Although, I’m pretty sure I could be bribed with money to work out. Or cake…yep, if your promised me money and/or cake to go to the gym, I’d be there in two seconds flat :-) guess I’m easily swayed.

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet life June 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

OOOO! Really like the idea of the blueberries in the BSS! :)

Little Bookworm June 18, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Good luck at the Farmer’s Market! Those oats sound amazing. :)

sassy molassy June 18, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Dang girl, you have been working away! Your overnight oats/soft serve combos are always so impressive! Love the layering effect. I’m going to get some cherries and blueberries this weekend at my farmers market. Can’t wait to hear how the market goes!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 18, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Oh how I wish I could be at that farmer’s market!! The Glo Dough looks amazinggggg.

I love using power drills. Makes me feel a little crazy muahahaha

Chelsey June 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I tried overnight oats for the first time this morning!!!!

I. am. in. love. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Wei-Wei June 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Glo dough looks soooo good! Good luck at the Farmer’s Market today – I’m sure you’ll do great :D

Wei-Wei

Leah June 18, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Good luck at the Farmers Market!! That should be fun!

mary June 18, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Man I dont like beets, but you make all sorts of juice look delicious! :)

RhodeyGirl Tests June 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Good luck Angela, and don’t forget to stay hydrated!!!!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 18, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Awww I wish I lived near you! I would probably buy up all of your glo bars (& glo dough too!)

Carly @ Happy Healthy Foodie June 18, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I need to get a juicer! Your juices always look so amazing, I want that vitamin filled, fresh, antioxidant power in my life!

Erin June 18, 2010 at 4:29 pm

I hope the farmer’s market goes fantastically tomorrow!

Kellie June 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Thoes chocolate chip Glo Dough’s look pretty amazing. I would have a hard time not popping them in my mouth all day.

K June 18, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I just wanted to tell you… I live in Vancouver and was out on my lunch break today and noticed a post-it on the sidewalk with your website’s address that had fallen from someone’s pocket. I’ve already been reading your site for a while but it looks like other people around here are sharing your site :)

Allison @ Food For Healing June 18, 2010 at 5:03 pm

farmers markets are so awesome, i would love to check out a big one like there someday

Check out my blog foodforhealing.ca
follow me on twitter: FforH

Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I just KNOW that the market will be a big success for you!!!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 18, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I love VOO and I can’t wait to make them again soon!

Best of luck with the market tomorrow!!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 18, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Whoo! Nothing like power tools to destress ;)

Love the looks of that raw glo dough!!

xo
Kris

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 18, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Good luck tomorrow! I have a feeling those Glo Doughs will sell like hotcakes! They look ahh-mazing.

Mike September 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Vegan Overnight Oats for breakfast puts a smile on my face.