Dough!

Good morning afternoon!

Clearly, I do not do well with excitement because last night I was so wound up I couldn’t sleep until 4am! Do you ever feel so tired that you actually have a more difficult time falling asleep? That was me last night. Around 3am, I actually came downstairs for a bit and did some yoga to relax my mind! It didn’t work as quickly as I hoped, but I was asleep around 4am. Eek.

Insert copious amounts of Japanese Sencha green tea this morning… :whistle:

IMG 9636 thumb   Dough!

For breakfast, I did what all good hostesses do and I asked my guest to make me breakfast. :lol:

First kale chips, now breakfast. I know. Don’t you want to stay here too?

All good breakfasts begin with banana.

IMG 9630 thumb   Dough!

I asked Ashley to make me some hot oatmeal!

IMG 9641 thumb   Dough!

You have probably noticed by now that I don’t eat hot oatmeal much. Aside from when I make my cheezy savoury oats, I typically have the vegan overnight oats in the morning. I actually never used to eat any kind of oatmeal until a few months ago! :shocked: I have made sweet oatmeal a few times and I was never hooked on it because I found that it was either too sweet, too hot, or left my stomach feeling a bit strange. But I figured it was worth another try!

Ashley added some organic blueberries to this pot and I was seriously drooling. I have a slight obsession with blueberries…

IMG 9644 thumb   Dough!

I believe she used 1 cup of oats, 1 large ripe banana (sliced), 2 cups of almond milk (guessing here!), 2 tbsp chia seeds, blueberries, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt. Serves two crazy blogger ladies.

Then she mixed up a nut butter sauce which was her Cinnamon Maple Almond butter with a bit of almond milk. It basically just thins out the nut butter and allows it to pour over the oats like a flowing lava of nut butter. Genius.

IMG 9645 thumb   Dough!

Our oatmeal station…

IMG 9647 thumb   Dough!

Ashley also added some of my organic maple butter to her bowl, but I thought it would put me over the edge of sweetness in the morning so I skipped it.

Voila!

IMG 9652 thumb   Dough!

Pouring the almond butter sauce over top was fun. :biggrin: We also added some cacao nibs for some antioxidant crunch!

IMG 9656 thumb   Dough!

I loved the oats. They tasted awesome. The only cons of hot oatmeal to me are 1) They make you sweat in the summer! 2) My stomach feels a bit weird afterwards. 3) They take more time than vegan overnight oats.

Although they were great on such a rainy day today.

I worked on my market sign after breakfast on Ashley’s laptop…

IMG 9658 thumb   Dough!

And then I put Ashley to work…again! muhauhauha. I had to use the extra pair of hands while I could. I don’t have this opportunity often.

I begged her to write-up my Farmer’s Market chalkboards!

IMG 9728 thumb   Dough!

IMG 9723 thumb   Dough!

She did AWESOME!!!

Soooo much more artistic than me. Although I am quite mean with a pencil.

IMG 9725 thumb   Dough!

I squealed a few times. Ok, 10.

IMG 9726 thumb   Dough!

Yesterday, we also came up with a new name for my Glo Balls…

IMG 9727 thumb   Dough!

We both agreed that ‘Glo Ball’ was lacking a certain sophistication. :tongue:

After I was confident that I had squeezed every last ounce of work from Ashley that I could, I figured she could use some lunch before heading on the long 4.5 hour drive back to Ohio.

It was pouring rain, so we both agreed that soup was in order!

IMG 9691 thumb   Dough!

I threw on two cans of Amy’s Reduced-sodium Split Pea Soup:

IMG 9679 thumb   Dough!

We had it with Trader Joe’s Pita Chips (Awesome!), Mary’s Crackers, cukes, and carrots.

IMG 9683 thumb   Dough!

I like the reflection of the cucumbers in the bowl!

IMG 9684 thumb   Dough!

Fueling and soothing on a rainy day.

IMG 9687 thumb   Dough!

Then I tried to be cute and get her to agree to move in with us…

IMG 9707 thumb   Dough!

Didn’t work.

DOUGH! :cwy:

We said our final farewells and Ash was on her way. I am currently bummed and miss her already!

IMG 9720 thumb   Dough!

However, we will see each other this summer…we are sharing a room with Ashley and a few others at the Healthy Living Summit in Chicago this August. It should be a fun reunion!

Well, it’s full steam ahead for the opening of the Organic Farmer’s Market on Saturday. Gulp. Have a great Wednesday!

Kristina June 16, 2010

aww… all of her visit looked so fun :)

those oats… with the AB saucy sauce…? I will be making!

she did awesome with your signs… so cool! I like glo dough better too… :)

Nancy June 16, 2010

My running buddy and I were just talking about the HLS event, and may be putting ourselves on the wait list. I gave her your blog (and a few others that I read) to read, because she wants to create a similar type of blog + she’s a vegetarian.

Anyway, the meet-up sounded fun! You’re so awesome for having people over.

I also decided to maybe wait until next week to make my very first Green Monster – I don’t want to mess up my stomach before my “big 5k” lol :)

Stacy (StacyGrowsHealthy) June 16, 2010

Those oats with the blueberries mixed in looks great!

Kelly @Mama Eats Plants June 16, 2010

Awww…what great pictures of you both! Looks like you had a blast! Oh, and the signs look fantabulous!!

Callie June 16, 2010

Blueberries make everything taste better. :)
You looked like you had so much fun. Can’t wait to see you guys at the Healthy Living Summit.

kelli June 16, 2010

Those boards look so cute!! Good luck at the farmers market!! Ahh you know what I saw in the health foods store that reminded me of you Organic canned cherries..since you have been unable to find frozen, canned is next best thing :P

Megan@EatScrapRun June 16, 2010

It looks like you and Ashley had so much fun together. The chalk boards are awesome!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries June 16, 2010

Gosh, I want to try ALL of those Glo Bars! They sound so good! Ashley did a great job on the chalkboard. And, you look SO PRETTY in the last pic with her! LOVE that color on you!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers June 16, 2010

Your boards are GORGEOUS!!

Tyffanie June 16, 2010

That oatmeal looks delicious!!! I just tried your overnight oats yesterday morning for the first time and loved them! Although mine weren’t vegan, they were yummy. Since it is cold here in Chile I was not brave enough to eat them fresh out of the fridge so instead of adding the banana at night, I waited until the morning, took out the oats, heated them in the microwave and then added the banana. Perfect filling breakfast that did not leave me hungry any time soon. :)

Little Bookworm June 16, 2010

Love the name Glo-Dough! The boards look amazing as well! :)

Brie @ Brie Fit June 16, 2010

You two are too cute–you could be sisters!

Also, you are totally going to rock out the Farmer’s Market. Saturday is my birthday–it’s a lucky day!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

happy early bday Brie!!

Victoria June 16, 2010

It sounds like you 2 had a fab time. I’m loving everything you eat. I need to find an organic/health food store round here and get some proper goodies in my kitchen cupboards! You really inspire me to become a vegan but I just don’t know if I could do it. What do you eat at Christmas? :)

xx

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

I eats looooots of deelish things and I always try to make vegan dishes. :) I never go hungry that is for sure!

Victoria June 16, 2010

I’m seriously considering giving it a try. You’re a huge inspiration to me. Honestly.. since finding your blog I’ve changed my whole outlook on food/exercise! x

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Aww thank-you! Glad that you could make some healthy changes to your own lifestyle. =)

Whitney @ Lettuce Love June 16, 2010

Those chalk boards look great! Glo-Dough is a really great name too but Glo-Balls is still hilarious:)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Raw balls is even cheekier!

Jenny June 16, 2010

I’m glad you had such a good time… and I hope you sleep better tonight!

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Thanks! 3rd night is a charm…lol

Cassie @ Tasteful Tales June 16, 2010

LOVE the Glo-Dough name! Very creative and catchy! I know your going to do fabulous at the farmer’s market :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 16, 2010

That is the cutest cutest cutest photo of you too (I love Ash’s top). I hope the farmers’ market is a huge success!! When does it start?

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

Saturday! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 16, 2010

You two had so much fun!! I love those oats even though now I’m into overnight ones- thanks to you!!! :D

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 16, 2010

The signs look great! I’m sure you’ll be a hit at the market!

Can Ashley come over to my house and make me oats too? ;)

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies June 16, 2010

The sign looks amaaazing!! And lovin’ the glo-dough name!!

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle June 16, 2010

Those oats look so delish!!! and your sign looks so good!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 16, 2010

That sign looks AWESOME!

I love the name glo-dough. Love it, love it, love it.

Helen June 16, 2010

I don’t really eat hot oats in the summer for the reason that I sweat and they sit funny in my stomach. I’m glad that others feel the same way too! I really hope that the farmer’s market goes well, I’m so excited for you!

Paige @ Running Around Normal June 16, 2010

What a fun visit! I looove me some hot oats. Probably my favorite breakfast:)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 16, 2010

You girls are serioulsy too cute! What a fun day of eats – and that new sign….WOW!

Jenny June 16, 2010

I am so jealous you will be in Chicago in August! I lived there and it is so beautiful in the summer!

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy June 16, 2010

I absolutely hate it when I’m so tired that I can’t actually sleep! Not fun!

The boards are too cute! :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 16, 2010

I looove hot oats but in the summer? I much prefer overnight oats or cereal or a yogurt mess. Usually. Unless i get a weird random craving or something.
Your sign looks SO GOOD!! I wish I lived up there and could come!

Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 16, 2010

Love the sign! You are going to rock that farmer’s market.

Also, I much prefer the name “Glo-Dough”. Glo Balls makes me think of radioactive…….!!! :)

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 16, 2010

Looks like you guys had fun and the signs look great. Good idea calling the glow balls a new name. Something about the word balls just doesn’t sound right. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 16, 2010

haha that’s what Eric said too!

Erin June 16, 2010

Looks like you guys had a great time! She did a great job on your farmer’s market board. I’m with you on oatmeal – I’ve just never really been into it, even though I know it’s so good for you. On a blog comment recommendation, I tried oat bran instead, and I LOVE it, so I guess I’m recommending oat bran to you if you’ve never tried it and want some warm oaty goodness when it gets chilly again.

Sara June 17, 2010

Any idea if oat bran could be substituted in VOO? I really don’t like how starving I get after I eat oats, but after the pictures of the cherry bomb VOO, I’m actually considering eating some…

Lana June 16, 2010

I’m new here…and very excited!!! :)
I was directed here by a blog photo of a gorgeous cherry frozen smoothie with oats and ??! Do you have that recipe. Recipe page?
Thanks for your blog – I look forward to exploring more over time (when I “have” time).

Sarah June 16, 2010

AWW, you guys are too cute :) After seeing all the delicious oatmeal concoctions Ashley has created, I’d LOVE her to cook me some oatmeal for breakfast.

The signs look amazing! Have fun/good luck at the Farmer’s Market!!

Heather June 16, 2010

i love that you guys had such a great time together! nothing better than meeting new friends :) and your cute picture is pretty adorable :)

Laura @ youngDCliving June 16, 2010

Haha, love this post! You guys are so cute, that last photo of you begging on the stairs was too funny. The signs look great :) Can’t wait to hear how it goes…

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 16, 2010

Ash did a great job on the sign!! And love the Glo-dough name :D

xo
Kris

stacey June 16, 2010

Hey Angela- It’s Stacey from the St. Jude/Garmin giveaway from last fall. I just read that you are going to be at the HLS this summer. I am planning to go too. I’m looking forward to meeting you in person, especially since you helped me out so much last year with the raffle!

Caitlin June 16, 2010

I absolutely love that “my cup of tea” teacup!

Allison @ Food For Healing June 16, 2010

looks like you guys had a good time! maybe if i come out east sometime i’ll have to come in for a visit! Explore something other than Saskatchewan, haha, or if you ever come this way, let me know!

Triathlonbabe aka Grace June 16, 2010

Ahhhh, you inspired me once again to have soup for my lunch tomorrow…..yummy! Just bought some Amy’s organic soups to try, so soup it shall be after my noon run tomorrow at work. What a cool visit with a fellow blogger/vegan friend. I also have a good friend visiting for a night tomorrow. She is driving in from the hill country of Texas. She and her husband own a Bed and Breakfast in the Texas hill country and she actually has a weekend to get away so she’s up here visiting her daughter and then coming to visit me. Guess what I’ll have her try before we go to Jazzercise….a Glo-Bar, maybe I’ll get her hooked on them….teehee! Actually when she lived here before she sold her business and retired, she was my Jazzercise instructor and the gal who inspired me to start running. So we will have fun like you did with Ashley!

Page 1 of 212»