10 Easy Steps To Frozen Chocolate Banana Coconut Bliss

Hello there!

Disclaimer: By reading this post you agree not to hold me responsible for unappetizing looking photos. I really did try my best. Sometimes bananas covered in chocolate, just photograph…shall we say…slightly unappetizing?

You were warned.

However, I could not keep this recipe from you because it was just so easy and delicious!

Step 1: Grab a banana.

IMG_6784

The little black dress of fruit!

Step 2: Grab optional popsicle stick (see step 9).

IMG_6782

Step 3: Stick the optional stick into banana. If you don’t have a stick, wait patiently while your virtual friends do so. :whistle:

IMG_6785 (2)

Step 4: Now comes the fun part. Take 1-2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil. Put on a plate and melt in the microwave for 45-60 seconds, stirring well until clumps are gone.

You will have something that looks wildly delicious.

IMG_6787

Step 5: Take Banana and roll around in chocolate-coconut mixture. I could not find an easy way to do this, but maybe someone else can? I used my hands and got messy and just rolled it all around. I also used the spoon to scoop some chocolate over it. It wasn’t the best method, but it worked. Ideally, you would have a pot of melted chocolate to dip the bananas into, but for a single serving this worked!

IMG_6788

Step 6: Hot mess ensues.

IMG_6789

Step 7: Sprinkle it with coconut and pop it in the freezer for 2-4 hours.

IMG_6795

Step 8: Wait patiently.

Decide that you must leave the house.

Swim 30 lengths at the pool. Tread water for 5 minutes.

Repeat a new mantra: ‘Chocolate. Banana. Coconut. Chocolate. Banana. Coconut.’

IMG_6797

Step 9: Remove from freezer and take the first bite. Realize that the stick does not hold up the banana like you hoped. Toss stick and eat with hands. :biggrin:

IMG_6814

Step 10: Chocolate craving defeated.

~~

I’m off to watch Gossip Girl from last night. Have a great night!

Page 2 of 2«12
Tanvi September 4, 2016

Just made these and they’re in the freezer right now, AGGGHHH dying to take them out!!!!

Fiona May 21, 2016

This looks fab, do you use vegan chocolate? What vegan chocolate would you recommend? Having recently gone vegan I find myself missing chocolate the most!

Angela Liddon May 27, 2016

Hey Fiona, I use Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips. For bar chocolate, I use Green and Blacks Organic 70%. Hope this helps!

sophia March 10, 2015

how long should these stay good in the freezer?

Zahra February 6, 2013

Suggestion to make mess free bananas, melt the chocolate with butter in a zip loc bag instead of a plate and insert the banana into it to cover and freeze wrapped. Or you could freeze the banana and snip off a corner of the ziploc bag after melting and drizzle chocolate on the banana quickly sprinkling with coconut, doing it on one side and then other side.

Danielle Joy :D August 31, 2010

Last night I made this Chocolate Banana Coconut Bliss. After having rubbed the banana in the melted chocolate I used some raisins to make chocolate covered raisins with the little leftover chocolate. After I sprinkled the coconut onto the chocolate covered banana I used the leftover coconut that had fallen of the banana to put it on the chocolate covered raisins. Now that’s what I call resourceful! :D

Tara June 10, 2010

These are so yummy! I freeze my bananas first, then pour melted chocolate chips on top and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. Only one side is coated but it’s a lot less messy! Love your site!

Chelsea Mizera May 13, 2010

So i just tried this recipe, except i didn’t have the coconut oil and i used a frozen banana, worked really well!! the frozen banana makes the chocolate harden right away so its not very messy to make and you can eat it right away!!

Brownie May 12, 2010

This looks so good. I love that you made it for one, I’m always looking for easy things to make small servings of. The pastry brush idea someone had above was genius.
P.S. – Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to me as I am starting my own business here in Brooklyn…we’re not in production yet, but it’s getting close :-)

melmel May 12, 2010

I noticed you eat a lot of coconut-based products…are you aware that they contain mostly saturated fats and are therefore not really good?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

Hi Mel, Coconut has been found to have a wide range of health benefits. The sat. fat derived from natural plant based sources does not have the same neg effects as sat fat from animal sources. Hope this helps!

Ana May 12, 2010

Fun post! This is one of my son’s favorite treat! You can never go wrong with banana and chocolate, so good!
Your banana looks totally delicious!
Ana

Katie @ Katie's Healthy Discovery May 12, 2010

That looks like the most amazing treat. Yummy! I’m definitely trying some.

Also, I know I mentioned on twitter (@katiesHD) but I just wanted to let you know again that I love the new look of the blog. Gorgeous!

Carly May 12, 2010

Hi Angela…. I love frozen choc. covered banans, I made them frequently last summer, and am looking forward to it for this summer. For single servings, I use a brush (pastry, small grilling, etc.) to brush the chocolate on, it works really well!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 12, 2010

Oh my gosh…I don’t care if looks like a “hot mess” – that thing must have tasted FABULOUS! I need to make me one of those ASAP! ;) What a perfect summer snack/dessert!

Living Life May 12, 2010

I have to say your blog has totally inspired me. Towards better health and to start a blog of my own. I have used green superfoods in the past but I have to say I AM IN LOVE WITH GREEN MONSTERS. I look forward to reading your posts each day and learning new recipes. Thank you.

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 12, 2010

I can see a lot of these in my future summer!

Meg May 12, 2010

this is beautiful…or shall i say “glowing”???
num num num! i want to make this NOW!

hope gossip girl was good!

Carrie May 12, 2010

That looks so good. I can’t wait to make it for my kids!

Lauren M. May 12, 2010

Here in Southern California we claim to have the ORIGINAL frozen banana stand. I used to live right down the street and I would ride my bike to get a big one double dipped in chocolate and then rolled in rainbow sprinkles and chopped nuts.

Here’s a secret I picked up from them: They insert TWO wooden popsicle sticks into the bottom of the banana while it is still in the peel. This helps the banana keep its structure and two sticks makes a sturdy handle. They then peel the banana, freeze, and then dip into the chocolate.

Here’s a picture: http://www.papawow.com/storage/P7050060.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1247430005122
Oh Goodness…I wish I still lived down the street.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

Ahhhhh awesome!!!!!!! Will try this thank you!

ens May 12, 2010

i love chocolate and coconut! this looks delicious!

Teri May 12, 2010

Ha Love this! The way you did it made me smile! :)

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman May 12, 2010

You can’t go wrong with frozen banana. But chocolate and coconut makes it a gazillion times better. YUM

Niki Jackson May 12, 2010

Firstly wow! I love the new look over here, it’s the first time I’ve seen it since I usally read in google reader.

Your recipe looks so yummy, I’ll have to try it very soon! Thanks xx

: : Christine : : May 12, 2010

” Realize that the stick does not hold up the banana like you hoped. Toss stick and eat with hands. ”

You are TOO cute, honestly.

Keri @ Baby Spinach Steps May 12, 2010

Holy YUM that looks tasty! Definitely going on the “to try asap” list.

Paige (Running Around Normal) May 12, 2010

I fell in love with frozen chocolate covered bananas at Disney World a few years ago. Ever since, I’ve tried making them, but they’re always so messy! I love the little half bananas covered in dark chocolate in the freezer section of the grocery store. I forget what they’re called though…bunnies maybe? LOL can’t remember.

Brittany May 12, 2010

Hahah love the photo tutorial Angela! You should do this more often!
It looks delish btw!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 12, 2010

Step 11: Get over the fact that the teenagers on the street corner are laughing at you because you look ridiculous eating a banana on a stick.

…oh wait, maybe that was just me.