Veggie Power

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 2, 2010

Good morning!

IMG_0646Eric and I are knee deep in transferring OSG to a new host today! After a lot of research we decided to go with a Virtual Private Server with Dreamhost. We are hoping that everything is finished by the end of today. Depending on how long it takes to sync the domain name (ohsheglows.com) to the DNS (domain name servers), there is a potential that you will hit the “old” server if your name server has not updated the DNS entry. In other words, you may see my last post and the new posts may not show for several hours or longer. This depends on how long your Internet Service Provider caches the domain name. Hopefully it goes quickly. :)

Onto breakfast!

Despite being on my best behaviour last night and only having 1 drink, I woke up with another headache this morning. I decided to make this breakfast all about the liquids!

1) Fresh lemon + ginger juice:

IMG_5917

Ingredients: 1 lemon, small piece ginger, water, ice.

IMG_5908

This juice is not for the faint of heart, but my headache was gone in 30 mins!

2) Green Monster Power

IMG_5931

Ingredients:

• 1 cup hemp milk
  • 3 handfuls organic spinach
  • 1/2 tsp Raw Maca Powder
  • 1 tbsp cashew butter
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Amazing Meal
  • Ice

IMG_5911

Gulp, gulp.

IMG_5930

Feeling amazing again. :)

It’s time again to show you some of the health links I have been enjoying all week…

Health News Round Up:

Updates:

See you this afternoon for 1,000 words. Have a great day!

“People believe themselves to be dependent on what happens for their happiness. They don’t realize that what happens is the most unstable thing in the universe.” ~Eckhart Tolle, spiritual teacher

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete May 2, 2010 at 10:13 am

Wow. Isn’t it amazing how eating the right foods can actually make you feel better instead of having to take medication for your headache? That’s the power of food for you!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 2, 2010 at 10:21 am

Oh wow, I bet that juice was sour! But at least it’s a better hangover cure than pickle juice. Yuck!

Ashley May 2, 2010 at 10:27 am

i.need.a.juicer. :)

jen trinque @ recipes for creativity May 2, 2010 at 10:41 am

I wonder if I would like that lemon ginger concoction…I would probably have to sweeten it some since I’m a wuss. Good luck with the server changes.

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks May 2, 2010 at 10:42 am

Oh my gosh that lemon ginger concoction sounds intense! You are a brave lady!

Allison @ Food For Healing May 2, 2010 at 10:46 am

thats pretty good that your headache went away that fast!
best of luck with changing hosts and stuff! i’m sure it will go smoooothe

Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

Hope the transition goes smoothly for you!! :)

Jil May 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

Ohh, that juice does sound very “strong” – glad it got rid of the headache though!! I only had one drink last night but it hit me harrrd. haha I conked out so quickly last night. I want a juicer so badly!! All of your concoctions look fabulous.

[email protected] May 2, 2010 at 10:55 am

such a good combo. green juices always look intimidating but ive come to enjoy the simplicity of drinking just greens. i think lemon is a must tho.. need a little zip to drink the greens. <3

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 2, 2010 at 11:30 am

Your green monsters always look SO GREEN and delicious!! Yum!

Run Sarah May 2, 2010 at 11:36 am

The lemon juice looks delish – I love the addition of ginger!

Sarah May 2, 2010 at 11:39 am

Good luck on transferring everything over. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) May 2, 2010 at 11:57 am

Wow – that must have been one powerful juice!! You are brave girl!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is May 2, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Fresh lemon and ginger juice just sounds fabulous! Very refreshing.

Maria May 2, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Wait, do lemon juice & ginger do something specific for headaches? I get headaches like no other (especially the morning after any amount of alcohol) & this would make me so happy. Plus, it sounds delicious!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 2, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I don’t know specifically anything that it does for headaches, except that it helps mine for some reason! Lemon is supposed to be a good detox and ginger good for the tummy tho. I think it is mostly the water that does it for me (dehydration!)

grace b May 2, 2010 at 12:31 pm

That looks like a HUGE green smoothie. Yum!!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 2, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Love LOVE your GM glass!!!

Carrie (Love Healthy Living) May 2, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Thanks for the Tolle quote, it hit home with me this morning. Good luck with your server transfer!

Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries May 2, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I think I need one of those juices right about now! And thanks for the smoothie recipes link, perfect for summer :)

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 2, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I absolutely looove that glass your GM is in! I want that!

Katerina May 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for the link love! Good luck with your move. It is never seamless, but always worth it.

Amber K May 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm

What a great round-up of healthy articles! I especially love the Daily Spark, but maybe that’s because I LOVE SparkPeople and everything that it has done for me. =)

Amanda @ WannaBe Chef May 2, 2010 at 4:12 pm

I made the parsnip fries too, and they were just as amazing as you said they were :-)

Sarah May 2, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I love, love, LOVE that quote!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) May 2, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Ugh, all that blog dns/domains/hosts etc give me a headache! I need a techie too help me with all that! Probably why I don’t have my own domain name anymore… ha

And the ginger lemon combo? Lifesaver! For everything- headaches, tummy troubles… I love it!!

xo