The Monday Morning Monster

Good morning!

IMG 5097 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

It’s Friday, right? :) Please?

The Good thing about working on the weekend:

• I don’t feel overwhelmed Monday morning.

The Bad thing about working on the weekend:

• It feels like it should be Friday.

IMG 5101 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Yesterday, Eric and I both were buzzing around getting all sorts of things accomplished. I don’t know what got into us, but we were on FIYA. Don’t you love days like that? Eric did a ton of housework, laundry, manly things in the basement, and Glo Bar labeling. ;)

IMG 5168 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

I love when he gets in his cleaning-spree moods! I wish I could bottle it…

IMG 5099 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

I was all business baking in the kitchen. I worked on the GF + Raw Glo Bar (getting there!) and I also made 240 Adore Glo Bars.

Stay tuned Tuesday at 10am EST for a limited number of coupons and the release of the variety pack and Adore Glo Bars!

After baking for 10 hours, I had to COOK!

There is nothing worse than having to cook dinner after a day of physical labour. The good thing about living in the sticks is that no restaurants will deliver to you. :mrgreen: I did promise Eric the In A Jiffy Spelt Veggie Burgers! It is a good thing they are ready in a Jiffy…

IMG 5083 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

For the delicious recipe, see here!

IMG 5086 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Before going into the oven…

IMG 5092 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

I processed too long and the burgers got very smooth. I prefer them chunky! Whoops.

IMG 5093 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

I doubled the batch and made large burgers so I cranked up the heat to 400F and cooked 20 minutes on each side until golden brown.

IMG 5138 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

I decided I wanted a mix of delightful toppings so I made this fun mix of salsa, avocado, and roasted red pepper hummus:

IMG 5106 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

IMG 5107 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Along with my friend Mary…

IMG 5124 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

IMG 5128 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Love these burgers! I made 15 patties. Eric and I will enjoy them for lunches this week and I also froze some too.

IMG 5140 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

It was a fabulous meal. I may or may not have snuck a third burger as I was putting them away. They are just so addictive.

IMG 5142 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

This morning I felt like a zombie

I awoke at 6:30am, but I could have sworn it was more like 2am. I was NOT glowing, my friends. Not glowing, no sir-eee.

I decided there was only one way to remedy this situation!

IMG 5173 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

IMG 5170 thumb   The Monday Morning MonsterIMG 5174 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Monday Morning Monster:

• 1 cup Almond Milk
  • 3 big handfuls organic spinach
  • 1 tsp raw maca powder
  • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Wheatgrass powder
  • 1 tablespoon chia flour (ground chia seeds)
  • 1 frozen banana

IMG 5189 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Deeelish!

IMG 5183 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Isn’t this measuring cup cute? I have seen oats in measuring cups on a few blogs and I thought a GM would look cute in one!

IMG 5176 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster IMG 5181 thumb   The Monday Morning Monster

Time to get crack-a-lackin’. Eric and I are swimming laps tonight- I’m already excited! :) Two months ago, if you told me that I would be swimming laps with my husband on a regular basis (and training for a Try-a-tri) I would have laughed in your face!

Today’s question- Have you done something or accomplished a goal that really surprised yourself and proved your doubts wrong? Are there any doubts you still haven’t proved wrong but want to?

I used to see people running half marathons and I thought to myself that I could never complete one myself. I just didn’t think I had it in me. I really surprised myself when I completed my first two last year and surpassed both of my time goals. I also used to say that I would never do a triathlon. To be honest, it still scares me, but here I am taking small steps each day to hopefully prove myself wrong. You don’t know until you try, right? ;)

Other doubts of mine that I have not proved wrong are running a marathon. I just don’t know if my injury-prone body could handle it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAITLIN!!!

“If anything is worth trying at all, it’s worth trying at least 10 times.”
~Art Linkletter

Linda April 26, 2010

Glad you had such a productive weekend, and I am so EXCITED for more variety packs of Glo Bars…woohoo!!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet April 26, 2010

I didn’t ‘work’ this weekend, and I still want it to be Friday! I had a big green monster to get me going, too.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 26, 2010

I always drink out of a measuring cup!

Shawna @ Balancing Me April 26, 2010

Ooh, is that a GLASS straw??

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 26, 2010
Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete April 26, 2010

When I ran my marathon 2 weeks ago, I proved myself wrong. I had so much self doubt going into the race, and ended up running it in a time that shocked myself and my friends. I need to give myself more credit sometimes. :)

Rachel (Suburban Yogini) April 26, 2010

I am not glowing at all this morning either. I have been awake since 3.30am :(

brianna April 26, 2010

i worked most of the weekend and still have tons to do today…..i am so not glowing either. i feel ya. it should only go up after your green monster, and i’m hoping the same will be true of my banana oats.

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 26, 2010

Ohh those burgers look awesome! I’m having a rough morning myself… hard to believe it’s Monday!

And in terms of accomplishments, I could barely run for 30 seconds a year ago, and two weeks ago I ran a 10 mile race. I never in my life thought I would love running, much less be able to!

jen trinque April 26, 2010

I never, ever thought I could be a runner. I’m not very fast, but back in high school I couldn’t even run a mile, and now, at 30, I’ve completed two half marathons and run a few miles for fun! Way back when I never thought I’d be such a fan of cooking, either, as most of my meals involved the microwave or boiling spaghetti up until I was about 22.

I DO love days when I’m on FIYA! Glad you got so much done.

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 26, 2010

Ugh, I hate working on the weekends. It really sets me up to be so exhausted the following week. But it does feel pretty good to get so much done. My husband gets in cleaning moods, too. I try to milk that as long as they last. They’re kind of hard to come by.

Angela (ohsheglows) April 26, 2010

yesterday I kept saying to myself…omg he is still cleaning…an hour later…still going! He gets on these kicks every couple months haha

Anita April 26, 2010

Good Morning!! I have to admit that I’m glowing this morning after a dose of reality and lots of inspiration from your site. Thank you I have now successfully got back on ‘the wagon’. I always wanted to run but, never thought I could so I tried it and couldn’t even run 10 seconds. I stuck with it and now I’m up to five miles. I was scared of five miles but, now that I know I can I want to keep on tacking on miles. Buenos Dias

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 26, 2010

Whew, looks like you had a busy weekend! I’m still trying to make my dreams come true (being a self-supported writer) but having that goal and taking baby steps toward it every day, I know it will happen eventually.

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life April 26, 2010

I had a delicious “monster” this weekend! Sooo satisfying on a nice warm morning :)
I LOVE your monster in a measuring cup – what a cute idea!
I’m looking forward to those coupons tomorrow…I’ve been wanting to try your Glo Bars for a while now and haven’t had the opportunity!

Emmanuelle April 26, 2010

What a productive week end!

When I started yoga, I wondered what the hell I was doing as I was not the most flexible person on earth, far from it. Now I can do stuff I never thought I could do (“oh, I can touch my toes!”).

The next thing for me is to start running. As far as I can remember I’ve always hated running, but now I’m getting curious. I have downloaded the Couch to 5k app on my iphone, and when I’m done with my evening course in June, I’ll start!

Life Lite April 26, 2010

I never thought I would be able to run 6 miles but I completed my first 10K a month after my first 5K with an overall time 5 minutes less than what I was hoping for. It was a very exciting day! I’m attempting a half this Fall and totally nervous!

Carolyn @ lovinlosing April 26, 2010

Your info about the try a tri made me go out and find one!! It’s 400 m swim, 11.2 bike, 2.6 run. I had my first training swim yesterday and I’m excited! :)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 26, 2010

Awesome! Those distances are similar to our try-a-tri :) Goodluck!

Therese April 26, 2010

Sounds like we had a similar day yesterday! What was supposed to be a lazy Sunday turned into an afternoon of productiveness! We worked on the house all afternoon and pooped ourselves out but it was great and we got a lot of stuff done that we’d been talking about for a while. Then cooking was also done in a jiffy with some sort of concoction that actually turned out pretty good. Hurrah! for leftovers that go well together!

I never, EVER saw myself running at all so when I ran my first 5k I was amazed at myself. I admit, every race I run now I think of where I was and it makes me a bit teary eyed as I still can’t believe it. I have my first half coming up in September and I’m both excited and terrified!

Jenny April 26, 2010

I got into a really hard university and am doing really well! It makes me really proud of myself:)

Jolene April 26, 2010

People doubt that I can run a 5k (sometimes I doubt myself too) but I am going to prove everyone wrong and do it on May 30th!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 26, 2010

yes you will! :)

Lizzie April 26, 2010

I finished my 1st 1/2 marathon yesterday. Right up until the time my husband booted me into the corral I wanted to run away in the opposite direction! It was cold, raining, and I didn’t feel confident at all (had limited training to help recover from an injury). I ended up running a sub-2 hour race, something I was planning on doing for the next one. Of course the only problem now is that I have to beat that time :) But I did feel excited and somewhat overwhelmed by the whole experience – so often we don’t try (for whatever reason) and thus forget the feeling of accomplishment and the confidence that comes with it to try more things! I wish we could bottle that feeling to remind us (along with husband power cleaning of course!! :)

Angela (ohsheglows) April 26, 2010

Congrats!!

Lizzie April 26, 2010

Thanks lady! :)

Jen April 26, 2010

I am at this very moment at the halfway point of my final exams….11 exams in 2 weeks! I never expected how grueling this program (naturopathic medicine) would be and actually thought I would be living a healthy balanced life while here….not the case! I have spent ~ 8 hours a day in class Monday-Friday for the last 3 years and endured 12 exam periods averaging 12 exams each. I never thought I would make it through.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 26, 2010

Wow– sounds like you had an amazingly productive weekend! Good job!

Can you tell a difference in your energy levels when you put maca in your green monster? I’ve gotten into the habit of throwing some in, but I’m not sure if it’s making me feel any different…

I was the same way with my half-marathon– never in a million years thought I’d do one!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 26, 2010

I do feel energized today, although Im not sure if it is all in my head or what!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 26, 2010

I have really GOT to try those burgers, they look SO SO good!!!!
One thing I NEVER thought I would be is a runner. But lo and behold, I fell in love with it.

Camille April 26, 2010

Dinner looks amazing!
Props on all that Glo Bar work! I can’t believe how many of them you make in one sitting!

Jenn April 26, 2010

Anything in a physical aspect scared me silly. I was terrified for my tri-training, did it, completed the tri and loved it! Still doing them! Never thought I would run a half marathon….did it, got a goal to try and beat for this year!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 26, 2010

I went on a cleaning spree yesterday too! I just wish it would have lasted longer, but before I knew it, it was bed time! (AKA 9 o’clock on the dot) haha. Hopefully more cleaning will happen through out the week.

Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries April 26, 2010

Those burgers (not to mention the toppings) look GREAT! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Wei-Wei April 26, 2010

Wow, that’s a LOT of Glo bars! It’s like a whole supply of deliciousness all laid out on a table in stacks and stacks… I’ve never had one before (I live in China!) The burgers look faaaab! :D

And congratulations on reaching your goals! I really admire you for your hard work and perseverance… hard work really does pay off! Keep on glowing, girl! :D

Wei-Wei

steff (steffsays) April 26, 2010

you’re blog is so wonderfully inspiring…especially your green monsters. in fact, i just wrote about my first green monster experience! http://steffsays.com/?p=290

the doubt i really want to prove wrong is that having bad knees means you can’t run. i’ve been looking into chi running as away to circumvent my injuries and going to attempt to start training soon. bad knees be damned!

Angela (ohsheglows) April 26, 2010

I was able to overcome the knee pain too (with strength work) squats, lunges, calf raises, etc etc! So far so good. I have heard great things about Chi running too.

Midgetkeeper April 26, 2010

So great to be able to follow you and Eric train for the triathlon, it must be such fun to do it with your Husband.

Although this might be small in the grand scheme of things when I started working I couldn’t do even one push up. My arms would just collapse, my Husband really encouraged me to start small and to do them on my knees, then each day to try and add one regular push up and then build up.

I told him there was no way I could do it. Three months later I am now able to do 20 push ups in a row. I am sooooo proud of that!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 26, 2010

honestly, the one goal i had that i really really needed was to separate myself from a “friend” who was just a toxic person. once i did that i noticed that my life was SO much happier! i know that’s kind of random, but it was honestly something i didn’t think i’d be able to do!

Amy April 26, 2010

Love the mesuring cup. One of my favorite burger places in Ottawa serves their drinks in measuring cups, which turned me onto it also. Great way to track your water intake!

nut April 26, 2010

I need to try that recipe in future…if time permits…and I get my own kitchen (maybe).
Avocado + hummus + salsa is a wonderful combo, love it!
I love the Sabra “red pepper” hummus…Sabra has great flavors to try.

Lisa April 26, 2010

My favorite accomplishment thus far was losing my weight. That was the biggest thing I’ve ever done and I’m happy I did it. Runner up would be completely an 8k without stopping or walking!

Run Sarah April 26, 2010

Love the Monday Morning monster – it looks delish! Those spelt burgers look great – good idea with freezing them for later.

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 26, 2010

Oh man it sure is Monday morning! My morning started rough as early as 5:30! Haha. It’s better now, thankfully :)
That’s awesome that Eric was in a cleaning mood – love when the hubby gets like that:)

Lauren April 26, 2010

Mmm, hummus (only the one from costco- the best!) + avocado + salsa= heaven!! I put it on everything- quinoa, brown rice, vegetables…

I’m sure you’ll get your glow back later today! Happy thoughts! :)

And, hmm, one thing I wasn’t sure I could do- get into medical school! I’m only in the 2nd year of my undergrad, so still working on that one! ;)

Lauren April 26, 2010

I always say that I could never do a triathlon because I’m such a weak swimmer. I will absolutely fall out if I end up doing one!

Kirsten April 26, 2010

I think the thing I did most recently that surprised me was running my first marathon. I never dreamed that I could run one and now I have run 3! Congratulations on tri-training!

Tina April 26, 2010

I think the biggest ways we grow is by trying things out of our comfort zones. I love that you are going for a tri. I really hope to pursue goals that both scare me and excite me like that soon. I am still recuperating from my last goal like that of competing in a fitness competition. And also, now the fitness goals have to take the sidelines with trying to conceive.

Page 1 of 212»