Keep Dreaming

Happy Friday to you all. :)

Despite, feeling like it was Wednesday on Monday, this week actually flew by for me! I felt like I got a lot accomplished too, so that is always nice.

Since I was wide awake at 5am this morning (why, why why can’t I sleep this week?!), I decided to make some progress on my new GF Glo Bar. I worked on the nutritional information for a while and it is looking awesome!

My groin area is still feeling a bit tender after my tumble earlier this week. I am a bit worried that I am not going to be able to run my 15k race this Sunday that I am signed up for, but there is not much I can do about it at this point. I am going to continue with icing and stretching and hope that leads me to a quick recovery for Sunday’s race. If it turns out that I can’t race, I will still be cheering my girlfriends on from the sidelines and screaming my little heart out!

For breakfast, I wanted comfort food…

IMG 4365 thumb   Keep Dreaming

Pumpkin Spice Makes Everything Nice

Ingredients:

Into the pot goes…

• 1/2 cup extra thick Bob’s Red Mill Oats (or regular is fine)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • pinch sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or mix of 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg and 1/4 ginger)
  • 1/2 banana, chopped

Directions: Throw everything into the pot and stir well over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to low, stirring frequently off and on for about 10 minutes. Serve and add your toppings!

Toppings:

• 1/2 Classic Glo Bar
  • 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
  • few dried organic cranberries
  • Drizzle of pure maple syrup

IMG 4354 thumb   Keep Dreaming

Oh, it smelled divine! Almost like pumpkin pie. :)

Half of a Classic Glo Bar for a topping…

IMG 4359 thumb   Keep Dreaming

Chia seeds floating in the river!

IMG 4378 thumb   Keep Dreaming

With a mix of Four O’Clock Japanese Sencha loose leaf and white loose leaf to wake me up.

IMG 4370 thumb   Keep Dreaming

This bowl was really filling…so much so that I couldn’t finish! I had about 3/4 of my serving. This should keep me going all morning long.

IMG 4366 thumb   Keep Dreaming

I also made a birthday list (as requested by hubby).

IMG 0318 thumb   Keep Dreaming

My birthday isn’t until May 16th, but Eric wanted some ideas, so ideas he got…

On my birthday list:

• Knee pads for scrubbing the hardwood (I’m 26 going on 80, apparently!)
  • Stainless Steel Kettle (our current $8 kettle is possessed)
  • Storage room finished (Eric is in the process of building me a storage room for the bakery)
  • VITAMIX (don’t laugh!)

He saw that I asked for KNEE PADS for scrubbing floors and he said, ‘That is a joke right? You are trying to trick me! Obviously I am not buying you knee pads for your birthday because everyone will think I am a horrible husband!

But…I actually really need them!!!! :( Can’t a gal just want some knee pads? lol.

I have been asking for a Vitamix for over 2 years now on every occasion I can think of…Christmas, Valentine’s, Birthday, Anniversary, St Patty’s Day, Halloween, Earth Day, National Pie Week (April 23-25th, FYI), etc. Every time I put it on my list, Eric laughs and says ‘KEEP DREAMING!’…and a little piece of me dies inside. :( However, I was always taught to persevere in the face of resistance. He is going to tire of my complaints and heavy sighs about my broken & leaking KitchenAid blender one of these days!

Do you have any big ticket items on your wish list? What are they?

I’m off to try and fix my computer issues with the Canada Post shipping module (lots of computer issues this AM!!!), test the GF Glo Bar, catch up on the week’s paperwork, and start re-designing OSG. I am giving the blog a makeover in the days to come…keep your eyes peeled for a snazzy new design.

Enjoy your day!

Jocelyn April 16, 2010

Hey Angela..I hope you get your vitamix some day :)

I asked for the pink kitchenaid stand mixer this past christmas…turns out I got it! lol… My parents found it cheaper then usual in the states!

amy April 27, 2010

My birthday is also May 16th and i have also asked for a Vita Mix!!! I have wanted one soooo badly for so long…I think its time we get them!! We deserve it! Ill cross my fingers over here in Victoria BC, and you cross yours!!
Happy Hoping!!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 16, 2010

My sister asked for a food dehydrator for about 10 years until she finally got one!

I’m with you, I like practically gifts. What IS wrong with getting knee pads?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010

hahah he thinks im tricking him…im like what??? damn i might as well just go buy some!

Jessica @ How Sweet April 16, 2010

I want a Vitamix so bad! My bday isn’t until November, but I’m hoping I can get a random gift sometime…lol.

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 16, 2010

you are too cute with wanting knee pads! i’d offer you my old volleyball ones, but frankly they smell bad and you deserve much better than that :)

i’ve been wanting a Vitamix and/or a new set of pots and pans…definitely big ticket, but a girl can dream, right? happy friday angela! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010

haha ewww stinky old knee pads…that is hilarious.

oh new pots would be fabulous too! We have a mix of random pots and pans

nut April 16, 2010

I keep hoping for my own apartment and a steady job that I can tolerate. I haven’t got them yet…and not likely anytime soon. It might be years, but a girl can dream!
An automatic shut-off kettle would be great.

Meghan@traveleatlove April 16, 2010

For my 30th my husband took me to Napa and Sonoma. . . I can’t ask for anything more than that! Though I would like a fancy wine fridge :)

Astrid April 16, 2010

I ordered a Vita-mix last weekend and it is finally ariving today! I just won a 1000 gift card from a sweepstakes, so I treating myself to something I have been wanting for a long long time. Plus, my food processor just broke and the blender that I do have is crappy. I hope you get one, I am sure you would adore it (I hope I do).
Hope your groin feels better. I am allergic to pain and hate getting injuries. It’s like when I get sick, I just get mopey and turn into a little kid!
Have a happy Friday!

Angela April 16, 2010

Hahaha. I LOVE your birthday wish list. It’s great. And for the record I also scrub the floors on my knees (I usually roll up a towel and just scoot it along. A knee pad is so necessary :)

Diana April 16, 2010

I wish someone would buy me some plane tickets so I could travel a little ahah Or a new camera + lenses. I don’t think that’s going to happen though. :p

Morgan April 16, 2010

I’m guessing having my loans all paid off is reaching a bit?!
I would love an SLR camera and a Vitamix. Right now all I want is a healthy and happy baby. By my birthday I should know what I’m having, so just confirmation that it is healthy is enough for me!

Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) April 16, 2010

I would LOVE a vitamix. And a kitchen-aid mixer. And a dehydrator. And an espresso machine. And a wine fridge.
FAIL! Hahaha. These are things that the standard 21 year old should not have. At this point it looks like I’m holding out for wedding registries when I’m all grown up and getting married ;) I definitely can’t buy any of these for myself now!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 16, 2010

hahahaha that is the exact same thing D said about the vitamix. I have asked for it for every occasion that comes by. And he laughs every time. (I cry a little inside) I even offered to pay some!!

PS. I just got the knee pad thing for gardening, and yes I feel 80 as well… but it makes gardening SO MUCH BETTER! hahah

Have a great Friday
Jess

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 16, 2010

I always put things like knee-pads on there!! My number one item for Christmas this year was a dust-buster!! Lol– nerd alert!

Maybe if you asked Eric and a few of your relatives (parents, etc.) to go in together and get you a vitamix? If they split the cost up, it wouldn’t be so bad!

Carrie (Love Healthy Living) April 16, 2010

I just bought a Vita-Mix earlier this week after several years of wanting one. I am anxiously awaiting its delivery to my house!!! Not to rub it in or anything… :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 16, 2010

That bowl seriously looks the BOMB!!!!!
I’ve always wanted a Vita Mix! And a new camera :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 16, 2010

I want/need/would sell my soul for an SLR camera. I’m been saving every penny for the past year and I’m gonna purchase one for myself after graduation (your birthday haha)!! Every time my parents ask if I want to take a trip somewhere or eat out at a fancy restaurant I say…’no that’s 1/2 or 1/16th of an SLR!!’

I don’t think they’ll get me one for graduation so I’ll be emptying my bank account for one! Probably not the best idea for post-grad but it’s 100% necessary :)

EaterNotARunner April 16, 2010

A vitamix is definitely on my list too!!! That and a food processor :-)

Christina April 16, 2010

Your birthday list is so cute and we’re almost birthday twins! I would love a road bike for my birthday but I understandably get the same reaction you do with the Vitamix. I did see Vitamixes at costco a couple of weeks again, maybe they’re a steal? (I didn’t see the price)

Lisa April 16, 2010

Vitamix’s at Canadian Costco’sare selling for $495.00 I was at the Ancaster one yesterday and they were doing a demo)
However, American prices for a vitamix are like 350-380) and our dollar is above par!
If he buys you one….make sure he buys it in the states…you’ll save a TONN

(I bought one yesterday…I don’t just study these facts randomly ;)

Steph (@mediterraneanmiss) April 16, 2010

Thanks very much for this tip!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010

great tip!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 16, 2010

Mmmm that oatmeal looks delicious. Do chia seeds TASTE like anything? What are their nutritional benefits?

Shannon (The Daily Balance) April 16, 2010

haha it’s so funny when there are women who actually WANT cooking and exercise related stuff! my mister felt terrible for getting me stuff to workout – it’s what I wanted! then again, my dad got my mom a veggie steamer and she was none to pleased! I happily let her re-gift it to ME! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010

haha I know I think so many men are scared to get women any household items for fear of hurting their feelings. I am the opposite though..I want that kind of stuff!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl April 16, 2010

I would really like a food dehydrator….I always see Gina making Kale chips and stuff with her dehydrator, and I want to make some kale chips too lol

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 16, 2010

Ha ha. Whenever I ask for something practical for my birthday or Christmas my husband says the same thing. He’d rather get me jewelry I won’t wear than something I really need. I’m working on him though!

Mellissa April 16, 2010

VitaMix and some new lens for the camera are always on my list!

Meg April 16, 2010

well, a vitamix is cheaper than wanting a pony right?!
although, i never realized how pricey vitamixs were!!!
i would love one too though, along with a food dehydrator!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 16, 2010

bahahah a pony…I will have to use that line on him!

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place April 16, 2010

hahaha your list looks something like mine. I want a pantry for the kitchen, and a wireless internet router. Long gone are the days of wanting clothes and purses!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies April 16, 2010

Aww, that’s too funny. I need to start writing things down when I want them…because I feel like whenever it’s my birthday or a holiday and people ask me what I want..I have no idea! Even though…deep down, I totally do probably.

Lizzie April 16, 2010

A Vitamix is no laughing matter!! :) I’m going to keep everything crossed that Eric is all over this one!! It is really an investment . . . the number of green monsters we’ve had in the last 8 months has more than paid for itself! Not to mention that addictive chocolate pudding!!

I’ve become useless at telling people what I want. This year MAB (my American boy) didn’t get me anything for my birthday b/c I didn’t know what to tell him! But he did treat me to a nice b’day dinner, so the quality time was really a gift.

Cynthia (It All Changes) April 16, 2010

I want a new video iPod with tons of money to download my favorite music. Hunni says my regular one will do for now. :-(

Katheryn April 16, 2010

A Vitamix is not a laughing matter. I too have been asking for one for a couple of years. I also need a new food processor, and I would love a Garmin. Ahhh. A girl can dream.

Judy (Cookbook maven) April 16, 2010

Thankfully I bought my Vitamix quite a few years ago while I was still working and had more disposable income. Love, love, love it.

My big-ticket wish list items are a kindle, a Wii, and now I’m kind of dreaming of a Netbook or something similar. Why do smaller things have to be so darn expensive?

The kindle is supposed to be my reward for getting to my goal weight, but at this rate, it could take quite a few years. I love to read, and books are part of what makes packing for trips so difficult!

kay (eating machine) April 16, 2010

your birthday is the day before mine!

i’m asking for a drying rack (for clothes)

and a compost bucket.

and hangers.

practical presents are a good thing!

Kelsey April 16, 2010

mm yum i had pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast yesterday. so good!

Christina April 16, 2010

Haha your list is so funny. Everything is so practical! That’s how I am and my boyfriend will never buy me anything on it. I think practical gifts are the best. I hope you get a vitamix!

Twisted Chicken April 16, 2010

I am so inspired by all your oatmeal recipes. I never liked oatmeal as a child so I never ate it as an adult. Now, after seeing all the great things you are doing with it, I am going to try some oatmeal of your oatmeal recipes.

My 40th birthday is in a week and my birthday wish list is mostly small kitchen appliances because that’s what I love and use and they make my life easier and better. Just this year, though, I have added one big ticket item that is completely not a typical thing for me.

I have never spent lots of money on fashion but I feel like it’s time I owned a really great handbag. I’ve always bought $20-$30 dollar handbags from the discount stores. I’ve decided I would really like to own a Louis Vuitton handbag. I’ll be saving for it but I think it will be worth it.

Charlotte April 16, 2010

I love my Vitamix. My husband my a deal with me that if I made a smoothie for breakfast for me and him everyday for a month he would buy me one. I missed two days and he made me make them up and added more on! Either way I got my Vitamix and he uses it as much as me! I hope you get yours!

Lisa April 16, 2010

The big ticket item I wanted, I got for x-mas this past year. My boyfriend got me the iphone (LOVE it!). I’d really like a fancy camera.

Carolyn @ lovinlosing April 16, 2010

Hope you feel better soon so you can make it to the 15k this weekend! Good luck with the Vitamix. :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 16, 2010

I hope you heal in time for your race!

I would love a juicer or treadmill for my upcoming birthday! But those are both a bit unrealistic, so I’ll just stick to my wishlist of Lululemon gear. ;)

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 16, 2010

Oh man I would love a vitamix for some holiday. But my husband said he would rather buy me 15 regular blenders and it would still be less. I kinda see his point. But it’s frustrating when they break!

Page 1 of 3123»