Passion For Pink

Thank you all for your congrats about my Glo Bar announcement! Your comments honestly made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support!

My morning started off with something I haven’t done since before vacation…my Booty Camp DVD! My muscles had a nice break for a couple weeks, but it is time to get back to it. I vow that I am going to stick with strength training in 2010! I find that it is so easy to get out of the habit of doing strength work…especially if you are a (previous) cardio junkie like me. It takes constant discipline and commitment for me to be able to consistently do strength work, but the benefits are so worth it!

[By the way the DVD is not online for sale yet, but I will let you know if/when it is!]

I did Level 2 today which was about 40 minutes of total body work + cardio segments. Sure woke me up!

I was not craving my normal green monster this morning (the horrors I know). All I could think about was the leftover QUINOA in the fridge saying, ‘Pour maple syrup over me and GOBBLE ME UP!’ :mrgreen:

IMG_3824

I had about 1 cup of cooked quinoa (heated) and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.

IMG_3817

With a bunny scoop of raw almond butter. I was trying to recreate the wonderful almond butter and maple combination! ;)

IMG_3808

Pretty in Pink Plate from target! :mrgreen:

IMG_3823

Breakfast just doesn’t feel right without some type of veggie or fruit, so I had this super juicy grapefruit to go along with it! I don’t know how I went the first 25 years of my life hating grapefruit, but I sure am making up for lost time now!

IMG_3801

It was a great breakfast!

Updates:
  • I installed a plug-in on OSG so that you will now be notified when there is a reply to your question or comment! Now you will know if I (or anyone else) replies to what you said!
  • I tried hard to get back to your comments and questions while I was away on vacation, however if I missed any of your questions feel free to shoot me an email with your question- angela@ohsheglows.com.
  • Green Monster Movement is updated with a ton of amazing recipes!! This bunch seriously blew my mind with the creativity. Enjoy!

Quote and a Question

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his

passions. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Today’s question- What are YOUR passions in life? If you could nail them down to 5-10
what would they be? Most importantly are you ACTING on them?

Mine:

• Writing
  • Healthy baking + cooking
  • Helping people
  • Setting goals and achieving them
  • Running
  • Animals
  • GM’s 4 Lyfe! hahah

Have a glowing and fabulous day!

1 Jessica @ How Sweet April 7, 2010

That quinoa looks fabulous!

My passions are writing, fitness, baking/cooking, family and faith.

2 La April 7, 2010

Mmmmm I looove quinoa for breakfast…ate it all last week.
My passions are writing, health, culinary, teaching, and music. It’s only recently that I thought to combine the first four and NOW I feel like I’m preparing myself to act upon my passions (I guess that means I am acting upon my passion?)

Great post…as always :)

3 Jenny April 7, 2010

My passions are mainly exercise and travel and I love to act on them!

4 Rachel (Suburban Yogini) April 7, 2010

Yoga, Writing, Travel, Himself, Vegan Cupcakes.

And I can confidentally say that I am working on them all with the exception of travel (money sadly is needed for other projects right now!) :)

5 Lizzie April 7, 2010

I’m still trying to figure out my passions . . maybe that could be one of them . . ha ha! Though seriously, I would have to say:
Running
Editing documentaries about ordinary people (who have the most amazing lives!)
Photography
Travel
My family and friends – it’s actually very cool to step back and look at all your friends, see how different their lives are, but how amazing each one is.

The are you acting on them question? Well . . . that’s a kick in the bum if ever there was one!! :)

6 Aoife - Adventures in Veg April 7, 2010

Yum, maple syrup and quinoa looks great!
Congrats on getting Glo Bars into stores – fantastic news!
My passions are music, writing, interviews and radio.

7 Jen April 7, 2010

I love reading your blog! I would have never thought to put maple syrup and almond butter on quinoa for breakfast! I’m always learning something new.

My passions are: 1) Teaching, 2) Writing, 3) a constant quest for knowledge, 4) fitness and nutrition, and 5) family and friends (relationships) :)

I do feel like I am acting on them. I just finished grad school and started a blog. I am training to run longer distances. I’ve become a vegetarian, and I spend as much time as I can with my family and friends.

Thanks for posting questions like these. I never stop to think about these kinds of things on my own. Your questions often lead to some serious reflection :)

8 Samantha April 7, 2010

What a great idea with the plugin!! I never know when people reply to me!

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

Did it work?

10 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 7, 2010

My passions are health, fitness, cooking, canoe trips in Northern Ontario, reading, and learning (haha what can I say, I’m a dork!).

Also I was wondering if you’ve ever made your own almond butter, or if you know how to do it. I tried some store bought almond butter yesterday, but I had an allergic reaction to it because it must have contained traces of other nuts. I think I’m going to have to make my own if I ever want to try it. =(

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

Yes I have made it before! It didn’t turn out nearly as smooth and creamy as the store bought kind, but it was OK I guess! It took a loooong time to process.

12 Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 7, 2010

Ahhhh that’s kind of a hard question for me. I don’t know that I can nail them down. I’ll tell you what I would have said a year ago . . . work, work, work, and lastly work. But that’s changing these days and it’s exciting.

13 Abri April 7, 2010

Um, that quinoa looks amazing.

My passions… being a good wife, health and fitness, photography… and for the first time ever in my life I actually AM acting on them! I’m constantly learning and reading and it is fabulous. :-)

14 Diana April 7, 2010

Quinoa for breakfast sounds so good. I’ve never tried it though!
My passions?
– Photography
– Cinema
– Nutrition
– Helping people with weight loss

There are so many things I want to do with my life… It’s a little overwhelming!

15 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 7, 2010

That plate is so pretty. I love Target for that. My passions are reading, writing, my health, and my faith. Oh, and travel, but thanks to money I’m not actively pursuing that right now.

16 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 7, 2010

I like being notified when my comments get a response, so thanks for that plug-in!

17 Ameena April 7, 2010

I love to read, write, exercise and eat right, and take care of my family. And I’m with Tracey on traveling too!

Didn’t get to say it yesterday but congrats on your Glo Bars selling in stores. That is really great news!

18 Suzanne April 7, 2010

In the fall, I love putting chopped apples in my breakfast quinoa. It’s so “harvest-y” with maple syrup, cinnamon, and nuts!

19 Estela @ Weekly Bite April 7, 2010

Love the breakfast!

My first passion is family…
then nutrition and health….
then writing :)

20 Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 7, 2010

Ooooh what plugin was it?! I’ve been searching for something like that!

21 Jessie April 7, 2010

Me too!

22 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 7, 2010

Breakfast quinoa.. good idea! I have to start getting creative like that.

Passions are: friends and family, cooking, running, health and fitness, writing, traveling.

23 Rachel April 7, 2010

My passions are: health/fitness, cooking, family and my wonderful boyfriend, writing, and traveling!!

24 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 7, 2010

I tried making quinoa cereal the other day and it was going so well and looked really good. I checked it half way through its cooking time and everything was fine. In the last 5 min. it burnt, all of it. And I had doubled the recipe so I wasted a whole box. :(. I’m going to try it again and now I know to cut the time down for my oven. It was so sad because it was looking so delicious.

25 Kate April 7, 2010

I’m totally making that brekkie tomorrow! Yum!!! :)

My passions are my loved ones, reading, yoga, healthy food, entertaining, and wine!

26 Heather (Heather's Dish) April 7, 2010

what a great question! my passions are cooking/baking, helping people, photography, healthy living, staying active, the human body, travel, and writing. i’m thankful that i can say i HAVE started to act on them since i started my blog and am trying to brainstorm what the next step looks like!

27 Brittany April 7, 2010

That look de-lish Angela! And congrats on getting into a retail store that is a great accomplishment! When I am in the area I will make note to go grab some.

My passions change all the time, right now I would say my top 5 are:
– Spending time with Family/Friends
– Designing, Painting and Art
– Fitness
– Fixing up my house
– Listening to music

28 Krystina (Organically Me) April 7, 2010

That grapefruit looks delicious. I’ve never really attempted to eat one, but now I want to.

My top passions are writing and cooking.

29 Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 7, 2010

My passions are traveling, running, cooking, writing, movies, and having fun with friends and family!

30 Keri April 7, 2010

My passions are my fiance, running/fitness, horseback riding, and outdoor adventures! Sadly I have not been on a horse in 2 years (since I sold my baby) but I have never given up the love of horses and I hope to ride again sometime in the future.

I’m quitting my job to start nursing school soon… I don’t know that that’s a passion per se, but it’s a step in the right direction, towards a more fulfilling career!

31 Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 7, 2010

I seriously need to try sweet quinoa like that, it sounds delicious!!!
Do you have to buy your domain to install plug ins or can you do it when you still have a wordpress blog?

My passions include cooking, baking, running, exercise, healthy eating, photography, ministering to others.. Well I quit school (temporarily) to follow my passion of cooking to culinary school so I guess you could say that I am!

32 Astrid April 7, 2010

My passions:
Cooking and baking everything and anything
Painting and drawing
Theater
Teaching
Children
Rocks and minerals (especially in thin section)
Fitness
Volunteering

I am acting on all of these, except for the last one. I used to volunteer consistently in highschool and college, but since graduate school started, I can’t find a place around here to devote my time to. Also, I do not get to spend much time with children. It is sad! The passions I am consistently active in are cooking and baking, theater (not to the capacity I would like), painting and drawing, fitness (I ran 6 miles this morning!), and teaching (I teach a lab).

Thanks for this post, Angela!

33 Therese April 7, 2010

Oh!!! The quinoa looks great! Yum!

My passions are to help people get excited about their lives and live them passionately. I’m on the path to do this as a full time career and am incredibly excited about it! I’m also passionate about self-growth, health, FOOD and travel!

34 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 7, 2010

Ever since my best friend in the 2nd grade introduced me to grapefruit I have become addicted! ;)

I’m very passionate about:
Nutrition, health, travel, track & field, and cooking!

Please note I am a college student announcing how much I LOVE cooking :)

35 Lynda April 7, 2010

I bought excellent PRE-WASHED Quinoa from Costco last week. It was really good. I’ve never tried it for breakfast, sounds good :)

36 Heather April 7, 2010

I am a first time commenter, but I have been reading your blog for a while now :) Your blog was the first one I stumbled across and I really have to thank you because reading it has truly inspired me to change my eating habits for the better. I now have such a passion for nutrition and have discovered so many foods I never even knew existed (e.g., KALE!)

What are my passions? Hmmm… travel, cooking, baking, nutrition, running (slowly my passion for it is building – I hated it at first), and constantly learning new things

I am acting on them as much as possible while I am finishing up my masters degree this year. I managed to incorporate a work placement in Tanzania into my schooling which was incredible and allowed me to continue persuing my love of travel. I cook and bake as much as I can and always try to set aside some time after school to do it :)

37 rachael April 7, 2010

My passions are the environment, yoga, health/nutrition/cooking delicious healthy food, being a mommy, and hiking. I love all forms of fitness not to the extent of being a passion like the other things I listed. I am living my passions to an extent though not as much as I would like to.

38 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 7, 2010

I’m a total cardio junkie too– I’m doing a strength-training challenge for the month of April!

Ooh, passions…family, food, writing, teaching, cooking…just to name a few ;-)

39 Life Lite April 7, 2010

That breakfast quinoa may find its way to my plate this weekend!

Congrats again! I can only imagine the satisfaction and joy you feel every time your business take a new step forward!

40 Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries April 7, 2010

So happy for you!! Now it’s time to work on getting them to a store in the States because I’m dying to try one!! :smile: My passions are laughing, eating, enjoying the sunshine, good music, family and friends.

41 nut April 7, 2010

my passions?
– writing
– nutrition
– mind and body wellness
– not sure

it used to be fitness…but i am coping with that loss for now…but i would like to think one day again it will possible!
no , i am ashamed to say i am not acting on them….i feel a bit lost in life now since stuck in a career for which i have no passion, but no money to do other courses….i have dreams…but unsure how to act on them…or if i can

your quinoa dish is amazing..how lovely!

and like i said, if u need a dedicated employee, i am up for it ! i can just send u my resume! u r an inspiration angela.

42 Nancy April 7, 2010

I really want to know where you buy your plates/bowls and placemats! If you bought them while you were in Florida, then that is understandable as Target is probably a wonderful place (I say probably, as I have never been there). But if you bought it around OUR area – could you pppppplllleeeeeeaseuhh tell me where you bought them? I think they make everything look more photogenic!

I’m somewhat considering posting my food up on my site as well. Oh and also? If you’re interested I’m giving away a High Sierra back pack on my website! :)

43 Lisa April 7, 2010

My passions in life are
-family and friends
-my kitties
-swimming
-hiking
-traveling

44 Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear April 7, 2010

My passions definitely are: travelling, eating and discovering new foods, reading, working (especially what I do now!), yoga my dear friends and family.

45 Carly @ The Road To Health April 7, 2010

Cool idea to set up the follow up comments notification!
My Passions:

– Food
– Family
= My other half Josh
– Cooking
– Reading
– Writing
– Nature

46 Teri [a foodie stays fit] April 7, 2010

I just installed the same type of plugin for my blog and I’m so excited about it! :)

My passions:
-Travelling
-Baking
-Writing
-Fitness
-Family

47 Cynthia (It All Changes) April 7, 2010

My passions are:

– writing
– cooking
– running
– spending time with Hunni
– Children

I love writing my blog even if it takes me a while and I don’t think I’m that good at it. I like cooking new stuff all the time and experiment with interesting things all the time and I love blogs for this. I’m getting better at running even if I’ll never be fast. Hunni and I try to plan fun trips for just us even if it is just local since he is my Best Friend. And we are praying really hard as to when to start the adoption process for our own children. Until then we work and enjoy our children in church.

48 Sarah April 7, 2010

That’s a fabulous quote! My passions are:
– writing
– watching films
– knitting
– reading
– learning about myself
– blogging
– learning
– physics (I’m a nerd like that)
– exercising.

I like this exercise – I’ve just realised that I’m not doing most of the things I enjoy doing the most! Gotta sort that out.

49 Tulamaija April 7, 2010

Hey Angela,
Congrats. I am very excited. You might need to hire some help soon…Would that be good news or bad news for you? I look forward to having the bars make their way out to Edmonton. My kids adore the Adore bars!

As for the two posts a day. Stick with what works for you. If one is what you like stick with it. Honestly, I have dropped reading a few blogs because there are too many short posts that in all truthfulness don’t actual tackle a real subject. They just give some lip service and then a few funny pictures. I love you posts since they have some depth to them. However, I am sure you will keep making it work whatever you decide.

Maija

50 Meg April 7, 2010

The quinoa looks delicious – I never thought of just having it straight up with maple syrup…usually I’ll heat it up with some almond milk or something.
My passsions in life:
– spending time with family
– cooking
– fitness
– blogging
– learning
– food
– volunteering

51 Jenn April 7, 2010

I’ve never had quinoa for breakfast.

My passions are being a wife, a mother, religion, traveling, acting, writing, fitness, food.

52 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 7, 2010

ooooh.. that looks soo good!! Maybe I’ll make Quinoa for breaky today!!

My passions – healthy cooking, traveling, blogging, working with kids and special needs adults! ( I love my job!!), right now WEDDING PLANNING! haha… random acts of kindness!!
I’m sure there are many more, but this is what I can think of right now!!

Have a great day!!

53 Sarah April 7, 2010

You always have the cutest dishes. Every time I see them, it makes me want to go dish shopping.

My passions-
teaching and working with kids (I truly love what I do)
helping animals
traveling
learning about myself and other people

Fitness used to be one of them, but I’m coping right now with having let myself get so out of shape. It’s a slow climb back to where I was, but I’m getting there. I’m looking forward to getting back to that point.

54 kiki April 7, 2010

love your pink plate! ^^

passions? trekking, skiing, climbing (but can’t really do this because there are no classes near where i live…plus i need someone that knows whts he/she i sdoing to come with me), cooking, drawing, painting, animals (i do too! love tham! next year i hope i’ll begin veterinary at university) and…welli hope running can become one of them!

55 foodandfarm April 7, 2010

Your title made me think of the Aerosmith song! My motto is, if it is food and it is pink, it’s probably healthy!

56 Lauren April 7, 2010

Haha- GM’s 4 Lyfe!! :D

My Passions:

Science and Learning anything and everything- I literally CRAVE learning!
Health- relates to my passion for science
Educating people- once again relates to my passion for health, science and my goal to go into medicine! :)
Exercise- walking, running, cycling, stretching, yoga
NATURE!!!
Meditation, journaling
Reading, reading and MORE reading

I liked doing this! :) hehe

57 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 7, 2010

Passions…

FOOD! Especially health food. Cooking, eating, writing recipes, shopping for it… everything about it!
Nutrition
Writing
Running
Yoga
Photography
Reading and learning new things
Helping others
Travel

I want to put as many of these passions together into a career, or careers. I want to continue making my blog bigger and better, improve my photography and writing skills… maybe write a book. Become a chef, and show the world healthy food can taste delicious! Yoga instructor and marathoner are on the list, too ;)

xo
K

58 Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind April 7, 2010

Geez, not your average end-of-the-post question! Ha. Let’s see…my passions, off the top of my head…

– Nutrition/healthy eating
– Fitness
– Music
– Reading
– Writing

Great question!

P.S. the quinoa + maple syrup looks amazing. Gah! I need to remember to get quinoa!

59 Tay April 7, 2010

Oh thank you for the idea!! I have leftover quinoa in the fridge, but no more stir fry veggies. I’ll have to try out this breakfast. My passions would include:

Running
Health/nutrition
Family
Photography
Laughter and enjoying life
Reading
Food

60 Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 7, 2010

I absolutely love Quinoa but have never thought of making it for breakfast. I make a recipe that Tosca Reno has in her book, “The Eating Clean Diet”. It’s the “Sun dried tomato quinoa” and just made a batch Mon. evening. I’d like a recipe for just how to make plain old quinoa so I can have it for other meals. I buy it in bulk and had to hunt out recipes for it. That meal w/the maple syrup & almond butter sounds delish!

I just love reading your blog, it has really changed my views about eating too.

As for my passions….hmmmm, I have a bunch:
My husband #1
My life
Animals
Running
Triathlon
Horseback riding
Just about anything outdoors, hiking, cycling, backpacking, swimming, gardening
Wine and Dirty Martinis
Reading
Jewelry
and I could go on, but these are some of my favorite things

61 Jil April 7, 2010

That quinoa with maple looks divine!!

62 Naomi (onefitfoodie) April 7, 2010

omg that quinoa…pure maple syrup is amazing! what an addition to it!!

health/fitness
working hard
goals
family
religion
music
enjoying LIFE and laughing!

63 Sam @ Snowflakes and Sunshine April 7, 2010

Ooh good question. Mine are probably food, fitness, travel, photography, writing and reading.

64 Christine (The Raw Project) April 7, 2010

The quinoa does look excellent. My passions are fitness, food, writing and family. Of course the list could go on. :-)

65 Eliza April 7, 2010

that quinoa + maple looks so delicious!…must try that! :)

66 Jess @ MTL Veggie April 7, 2010

Hey Angela,

First, let me just say that, I love reading your blog. It’s fun and interesting to visit, and you’re always inspiring me for new meal ideas- especially breakfast ones!
My passions would have to be: cooking, running, art, and marketing. I would say I’m working on all of them except the art, which I’m trying to get back into :)

67 Allison @ Food For Healing April 7, 2010

quinoa and maple syrup, who woulda thunk it?

68 Betty April 7, 2010

Great question. Mine are family, running, hiking, nutrition and loving life.

69 Jes (Self Motivation) April 7, 2010

First, I just want to say that I love how upbeat and positive your blog always is. Thank you!

Some of my passions are learning, friends/family/boyfriend, running/fitness, animals, cooking, reading, blogging, and art.

70 maria April 7, 2010

I’m a little late, but CONGRATULATIONS on hopefully getting your bars into a store. That is awesome news and I am sure it feels great to see your hard work coming to fruition.

Also, I agree. Once I get out of the habit of ST it is SO hard for me to get back into it. It’s not my first love (that’s running!), so motivating myself to keep doing it is important to me.

71 Evey, "Don't Fight the Apple, Eve" April 8, 2010

I’ve tried quinoa as a sweet concoction. Looks delicious. I can’t stay on a strength training for the life of me.

72 Heather April 8, 2010

yum looks great! love the dishes!

passions…
family, my dogs, Disneyworld, being fit, learning

73 MB April 8, 2010

My top three passions:

Snowmobiling
Photography
Reading

I’m trying to get passionate about going to the gym and getting healthy. Baby steps ….

74 Jolene April 9, 2010