Passion For Pink

Thank you all for your congrats about my Glo Bar announcement! Your comments honestly made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support!

My morning started off with something I haven’t done since before vacation…my Booty Camp DVD! My muscles had a nice break for a couple weeks, but it is time to get back to it. I vow that I am going to stick with strength training in 2010! I find that it is so easy to get out of the habit of doing strength work…especially if you are a (previous) cardio junkie like me. It takes constant discipline and commitment for me to be able to consistently do strength work, but the benefits are so worth it!

[By the way the DVD is not online for sale yet, but I will let you know if/when it is!]

I did Level 2 today which was about 40 minutes of total body work + cardio segments. Sure woke me up!

I was not craving my normal green monster this morning (the horrors I know). All I could think about was the leftover QUINOA in the fridge saying, ‘Pour maple syrup over me and GOBBLE ME UP!’ :mrgreen:

IMG 3824 thumb   Passion For Pink

I had about 1 cup of cooked quinoa (heated) and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.

IMG 3817 thumb   Passion For Pink

With a bunny scoop of raw almond butter. I was trying to recreate the wonderful almond butter and maple combination! ;)

IMG 3808 thumb   Passion For Pink

Pretty in Pink Plate from target! :mrgreen:

IMG 3823 thumb   Passion For Pink

Breakfast just doesn’t feel right without some type of veggie or fruit, so I had this super juicy grapefruit to go along with it! I don’t know how I went the first 25 years of my life hating grapefruit, but I sure am making up for lost time now!

IMG 3801 thumb   Passion For Pink

It was a great breakfast!

Updates:
  • I installed a plug-in on OSG so that you will now be notified when there is a reply to your question or comment! Now you will know if I (or anyone else) replies to what you said!
  • I tried hard to get back to your comments and questions while I was away on vacation, however if I missed any of your questions feel free to shoot me an email with your question- angela@ohsheglows.com.
  • Green Monster Movement is updated with a ton of amazing recipes!! This bunch seriously blew my mind with the creativity. Enjoy!

Quote and a Question

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his

passions. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Today’s question- What are YOUR passions in life? If you could nail them down to 5-10
what would they be? Most importantly are you ACTING on them?

Mine:

• Writing
  • Healthy baking + cooking
  • Helping people
  • Setting goals and achieving them
  • Running
  • Animals
  • GM’s 4 Lyfe! hahah

Have a glowing and fabulous day!

Jessica @ How Sweet April 7, 2010

That quinoa looks fabulous!

My passions are writing, fitness, baking/cooking, family and faith.

La April 7, 2010

Mmmmm I looove quinoa for breakfast…ate it all last week.
My passions are writing, health, culinary, teaching, and music. It’s only recently that I thought to combine the first four and NOW I feel like I’m preparing myself to act upon my passions (I guess that means I am acting upon my passion?)

Great post…as always :)

Jenny April 7, 2010

My passions are mainly exercise and travel and I love to act on them!

Rachel (Suburban Yogini) April 7, 2010

Yoga, Writing, Travel, Himself, Vegan Cupcakes.

And I can confidentally say that I am working on them all with the exception of travel (money sadly is needed for other projects right now!) :)

Lizzie April 7, 2010

I’m still trying to figure out my passions . . maybe that could be one of them . . ha ha! Though seriously, I would have to say:
Running
Editing documentaries about ordinary people (who have the most amazing lives!)
Photography
Travel
My family and friends – it’s actually very cool to step back and look at all your friends, see how different their lives are, but how amazing each one is.

The are you acting on them question? Well . . . that’s a kick in the bum if ever there was one!! :)

Aoife - Adventures in Veg April 7, 2010

Yum, maple syrup and quinoa looks great!
Congrats on getting Glo Bars into stores – fantastic news!
My passions are music, writing, interviews and radio.

Jen April 7, 2010

I love reading your blog! I would have never thought to put maple syrup and almond butter on quinoa for breakfast! I’m always learning something new.

My passions are: 1) Teaching, 2) Writing, 3) a constant quest for knowledge, 4) fitness and nutrition, and 5) family and friends (relationships) :)

I do feel like I am acting on them. I just finished grad school and started a blog. I am training to run longer distances. I’ve become a vegetarian, and I spend as much time as I can with my family and friends.

Thanks for posting questions like these. I never stop to think about these kinds of things on my own. Your questions often lead to some serious reflection :)

Samantha April 7, 2010

What a great idea with the plugin!! I never know when people reply to me!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

Did it work?

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 7, 2010

My passions are health, fitness, cooking, canoe trips in Northern Ontario, reading, and learning (haha what can I say, I’m a dork!).

Also I was wondering if you’ve ever made your own almond butter, or if you know how to do it. I tried some store bought almond butter yesterday, but I had an allergic reaction to it because it must have contained traces of other nuts. I think I’m going to have to make my own if I ever want to try it. =(

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

Yes I have made it before! It didn’t turn out nearly as smooth and creamy as the store bought kind, but it was OK I guess! It took a loooong time to process.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 7, 2010

Ahhhh that’s kind of a hard question for me. I don’t know that I can nail them down. I’ll tell you what I would have said a year ago . . . work, work, work, and lastly work. But that’s changing these days and it’s exciting.

Abri April 7, 2010

Um, that quinoa looks amazing.

My passions… being a good wife, health and fitness, photography… and for the first time ever in my life I actually AM acting on them! I’m constantly learning and reading and it is fabulous. :-)

Diana April 7, 2010

Quinoa for breakfast sounds so good. I’ve never tried it though!
My passions?
- Photography
- Cinema
- Nutrition
- Helping people with weight loss

There are so many things I want to do with my life… It’s a little overwhelming!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 7, 2010

That plate is so pretty. I love Target for that. My passions are reading, writing, my health, and my faith. Oh, and travel, but thanks to money I’m not actively pursuing that right now.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 7, 2010

I like being notified when my comments get a response, so thanks for that plug-in!

Ameena April 7, 2010

I love to read, write, exercise and eat right, and take care of my family. And I’m with Tracey on traveling too!

Didn’t get to say it yesterday but congrats on your Glo Bars selling in stores. That is really great news!

Suzanne April 7, 2010

In the fall, I love putting chopped apples in my breakfast quinoa. It’s so “harvest-y” with maple syrup, cinnamon, and nuts!

Estela @ Weekly Bite April 7, 2010

Love the breakfast!

My first passion is family…
then nutrition and health….
then writing :)

Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 7, 2010

Ooooh what plugin was it?! I’ve been searching for something like that!

Jessie April 7, 2010

Me too!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 7, 2010

Breakfast quinoa.. good idea! I have to start getting creative like that.

Passions are: friends and family, cooking, running, health and fitness, writing, traveling.

Rachel April 7, 2010

My passions are: health/fitness, cooking, family and my wonderful boyfriend, writing, and traveling!!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 7, 2010

I tried making quinoa cereal the other day and it was going so well and looked really good. I checked it half way through its cooking time and everything was fine. In the last 5 min. it burnt, all of it. And I had doubled the recipe so I wasted a whole box. :(. I’m going to try it again and now I know to cut the time down for my oven. It was so sad because it was looking so delicious.

Kate April 7, 2010

I’m totally making that brekkie tomorrow! Yum!!! :)

My passions are my loved ones, reading, yoga, healthy food, entertaining, and wine!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 7, 2010

what a great question! my passions are cooking/baking, helping people, photography, healthy living, staying active, the human body, travel, and writing. i’m thankful that i can say i HAVE started to act on them since i started my blog and am trying to brainstorm what the next step looks like!

Brittany April 7, 2010

That look de-lish Angela! And congrats on getting into a retail store that is a great accomplishment! When I am in the area I will make note to go grab some.

My passions change all the time, right now I would say my top 5 are:
- Spending time with Family/Friends
- Designing, Painting and Art
- Fitness
- Fixing up my house
- Listening to music

Krystina (Organically Me) April 7, 2010

That grapefruit looks delicious. I’ve never really attempted to eat one, but now I want to.

My top passions are writing and cooking.

Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 7, 2010

My passions are traveling, running, cooking, writing, movies, and having fun with friends and family!

Keri April 7, 2010

My passions are my fiance, running/fitness, horseback riding, and outdoor adventures! Sadly I have not been on a horse in 2 years (since I sold my baby) but I have never given up the love of horses and I hope to ride again sometime in the future.

I’m quitting my job to start nursing school soon… I don’t know that that’s a passion per se, but it’s a step in the right direction, towards a more fulfilling career!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 7, 2010

I seriously need to try sweet quinoa like that, it sounds delicious!!!
Do you have to buy your domain to install plug ins or can you do it when you still have a wordpress blog?

My passions include cooking, baking, running, exercise, healthy eating, photography, ministering to others.. Well I quit school (temporarily) to follow my passion of cooking to culinary school so I guess you could say that I am!

Astrid April 7, 2010

My passions:
Cooking and baking everything and anything
Painting and drawing
Theater
Teaching
Children
Rocks and minerals (especially in thin section)
Fitness
Volunteering

I am acting on all of these, except for the last one. I used to volunteer consistently in highschool and college, but since graduate school started, I can’t find a place around here to devote my time to. Also, I do not get to spend much time with children. It is sad! The passions I am consistently active in are cooking and baking, theater (not to the capacity I would like), painting and drawing, fitness (I ran 6 miles this morning!), and teaching (I teach a lab).

Thanks for this post, Angela!

Therese April 7, 2010

Oh!!! The quinoa looks great! Yum!

My passions are to help people get excited about their lives and live them passionately. I’m on the path to do this as a full time career and am incredibly excited about it! I’m also passionate about self-growth, health, FOOD and travel!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter April 7, 2010

Ever since my best friend in the 2nd grade introduced me to grapefruit I have become addicted! ;)

I’m very passionate about:
Nutrition, health, travel, track & field, and cooking!

Please note I am a college student announcing how much I LOVE cooking :)

Lynda April 7, 2010

I bought excellent PRE-WASHED Quinoa from Costco last week. It was really good. I’ve never tried it for breakfast, sounds good :)

Heather April 7, 2010

I am a first time commenter, but I have been reading your blog for a while now :) Your blog was the first one I stumbled across and I really have to thank you because reading it has truly inspired me to change my eating habits for the better. I now have such a passion for nutrition and have discovered so many foods I never even knew existed (e.g., KALE!)

What are my passions? Hmmm… travel, cooking, baking, nutrition, running (slowly my passion for it is building – I hated it at first), and constantly learning new things

I am acting on them as much as possible while I am finishing up my masters degree this year. I managed to incorporate a work placement in Tanzania into my schooling which was incredible and allowed me to continue persuing my love of travel. I cook and bake as much as I can and always try to set aside some time after school to do it :)

rachael April 7, 2010

My passions are the environment, yoga, health/nutrition/cooking delicious healthy food, being a mommy, and hiking. I love all forms of fitness not to the extent of being a passion like the other things I listed. I am living my passions to an extent though not as much as I would like to.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 7, 2010

I’m a total cardio junkie too– I’m doing a strength-training challenge for the month of April!

Ooh, passions…family, food, writing, teaching, cooking…just to name a few ;-)

Life Lite April 7, 2010

That breakfast quinoa may find its way to my plate this weekend!

Congrats again! I can only imagine the satisfaction and joy you feel every time your business take a new step forward!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries April 7, 2010

So happy for you!! Now it’s time to work on getting them to a store in the States because I’m dying to try one!! :smile: My passions are laughing, eating, enjoying the sunshine, good music, family and friends.

nut April 7, 2010

my passions?
- writing
- nutrition
- mind and body wellness
- not sure

it used to be fitness…but i am coping with that loss for now…but i would like to think one day again it will possible!
no , i am ashamed to say i am not acting on them….i feel a bit lost in life now since stuck in a career for which i have no passion, but no money to do other courses….i have dreams…but unsure how to act on them…or if i can

your quinoa dish is amazing..how lovely!

and like i said, if u need a dedicated employee, i am up for it ! i can just send u my resume! u r an inspiration angela.

Nancy April 7, 2010

I really want to know where you buy your plates/bowls and placemats! If you bought them while you were in Florida, then that is understandable as Target is probably a wonderful place (I say probably, as I have never been there). But if you bought it around OUR area – could you pppppplllleeeeeeaseuhh tell me where you bought them? I think they make everything look more photogenic!

I’m somewhat considering posting my food up on my site as well. Oh and also? If you’re interested I’m giving away a High Sierra back pack on my website! :)

Lisa April 7, 2010