Passion For Pink

Thank you all for your congrats about my Glo Bar announcement! Your comments honestly made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support!

My morning started off with something I haven’t done since before vacation…my Booty Camp DVD! My muscles had a nice break for a couple weeks, but it is time to get back to it. I vow that I am going to stick with strength training in 2010! I find that it is so easy to get out of the habit of doing strength work…especially if you are a (previous) cardio junkie like me. It takes constant discipline and commitment for me to be able to consistently do strength work, but the benefits are so worth it!

[By the way the DVD is not online for sale yet, but I will let you know if/when it is!]

I did Level 2 today which was about 40 minutes of total body work + cardio segments. Sure woke me up!

I was not craving my normal green monster this morning (the horrors I know). All I could think about was the leftover QUINOA in the fridge saying, ‘Pour maple syrup over me and GOBBLE ME UP!’ :mrgreen:

IMG_3824

I had about 1 cup of cooked quinoa (heated) and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.

IMG_3817

With a bunny scoop of raw almond butter. I was trying to recreate the wonderful almond butter and maple combination! ;)

IMG_3808

Pretty in Pink Plate from target! :mrgreen:

IMG_3823

Breakfast just doesn’t feel right without some type of veggie or fruit, so I had this super juicy grapefruit to go along with it! I don’t know how I went the first 25 years of my life hating grapefruit, but I sure am making up for lost time now!

IMG_3801

It was a great breakfast!

Updates:

• I installed a plug-in on OSG so that you will now be notified when there is a reply to your question or comment! Now you will know if I (or anyone else) replies to what you said!
  • I tried hard to get back to your comments and questions while I was away on vacation, however if I missed any of your questions feel free to shoot me an email with your question- press@ohsheglows.com.
  • Green Monster Movement is updated with a ton of amazing recipes!! This bunch seriously blew my mind with the creativity. Enjoy!

Quote and a Question

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his

passions. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Today’s question- What are YOUR passions in life? If you could nail them down to 5-10
what would they be? Most importantly are you ACTING on them?

Mine:

• Writing
  • Healthy baking + cooking
  • Helping people
  • Setting goals and achieving them
  • Running
  • Animals
  • GM’s 4 Lyfe! hahah

Have a glowing and fabulous day!

Page 2 of 2«12
Jolene April 9, 2010

My passions:

1) Entertaining/ cooking for friends and family
2) Blogging/ food
3) Education (Psychology)
4) Travel

MB April 8, 2010

My top three passions:

Snowmobiling
Photography
Reading

I’m trying to get passionate about going to the gym and getting healthy. Baby steps ….

Heather April 8, 2010

yum looks great! love the dishes!

passions…
family, my dogs, Disneyworld, being fit, learning

Evey, "Don't Fight the Apple, Eve" April 8, 2010

I’ve tried quinoa as a sweet concoction. Looks delicious. I can’t stay on a strength training for the life of me.

maria April 7, 2010

I’m a little late, but CONGRATULATIONS on hopefully getting your bars into a store. That is awesome news and I am sure it feels great to see your hard work coming to fruition.

Also, I agree. Once I get out of the habit of ST it is SO hard for me to get back into it. It’s not my first love (that’s running!), so motivating myself to keep doing it is important to me.

Jes (Self Motivation) April 7, 2010

First, I just want to say that I love how upbeat and positive your blog always is. Thank you!

Some of my passions are learning, friends/family/boyfriend, running/fitness, animals, cooking, reading, blogging, and art.

Betty April 7, 2010

Great question. Mine are family, running, hiking, nutrition and loving life.

Allison @ Food For Healing April 7, 2010

quinoa and maple syrup, who woulda thunk it?

Jess @ MTL Veggie April 7, 2010

Hey Angela,

First, let me just say that, I love reading your blog. It’s fun and interesting to visit, and you’re always inspiring me for new meal ideas- especially breakfast ones!
My passions would have to be: cooking, running, art, and marketing. I would say I’m working on all of them except the art, which I’m trying to get back into :)

Eliza April 7, 2010

that quinoa + maple looks so delicious!…must try that! :)

Christine (The Raw Project) April 7, 2010

The quinoa does look excellent. My passions are fitness, food, writing and family. Of course the list could go on. :-)

Sam @ Snowflakes and Sunshine April 7, 2010

Ooh good question. Mine are probably food, fitness, travel, photography, writing and reading.

Naomi (onefitfoodie) April 7, 2010

omg that quinoa…pure maple syrup is amazing! what an addition to it!!

health/fitness
working hard
goals
family
religion
music
enjoying LIFE and laughing!

Jil April 7, 2010

That quinoa with maple looks divine!!

Grace aka Triathlonbabe April 7, 2010

I absolutely love Quinoa but have never thought of making it for breakfast. I make a recipe that Tosca Reno has in her book, “The Eating Clean Diet”. It’s the “Sun dried tomato quinoa” and just made a batch Mon. evening. I’d like a recipe for just how to make plain old quinoa so I can have it for other meals. I buy it in bulk and had to hunt out recipes for it. That meal w/the maple syrup & almond butter sounds delish!

I just love reading your blog, it has really changed my views about eating too.

As for my passions….hmmmm, I have a bunch:
My husband #1
My life
Animals
Running
Triathlon
Horseback riding
Just about anything outdoors, hiking, cycling, backpacking, swimming, gardening
Wine and Dirty Martinis
Reading
Jewelry
and I could go on, but these are some of my favorite things

Tay April 7, 2010

Oh thank you for the idea!! I have leftover quinoa in the fridge, but no more stir fry veggies. I’ll have to try out this breakfast. My passions would include:

Running
Health/nutrition
Family
Photography
Laughter and enjoying life
Reading
Food

Cassie @ A Very Busy Mind April 7, 2010

Geez, not your average end-of-the-post question! Ha. Let’s see…my passions, off the top of my head…

– Nutrition/healthy eating
– Fitness
– Music
– Reading
– Writing

Great question!

P.S. the quinoa + maple syrup looks amazing. Gah! I need to remember to get quinoa!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 7, 2010

Passions…

FOOD! Especially health food. Cooking, eating, writing recipes, shopping for it… everything about it!
Nutrition
Writing
Running
Yoga
Photography
Reading and learning new things
Helping others
Travel

I want to put as many of these passions together into a career, or careers. I want to continue making my blog bigger and better, improve my photography and writing skills… maybe write a book. Become a chef, and show the world healthy food can taste delicious! Yoga instructor and marathoner are on the list, too ;)

xo
K

Lauren April 7, 2010

Haha- GM’s 4 Lyfe!! :D

My Passions:

Science and Learning anything and everything- I literally CRAVE learning!
Health- relates to my passion for science
Educating people- once again relates to my passion for health, science and my goal to go into medicine! :)
Exercise- walking, running, cycling, stretching, yoga
NATURE!!!
Meditation, journaling
Reading, reading and MORE reading

I liked doing this! :) hehe

foodandfarm April 7, 2010

Your title made me think of the Aerosmith song! My motto is, if it is food and it is pink, it’s probably healthy!

kiki April 7, 2010

love your pink plate! ^^

passions? trekking, skiing, climbing (but can’t really do this because there are no classes near where i live…plus i need someone that knows whts he/she i sdoing to come with me), cooking, drawing, painting, animals (i do too! love tham! next year i hope i’ll begin veterinary at university) and…welli hope running can become one of them!

Sarah April 7, 2010

You always have the cutest dishes. Every time I see them, it makes me want to go dish shopping.

My passions-
teaching and working with kids (I truly love what I do)
helping animals
traveling
learning about myself and other people

Fitness used to be one of them, but I’m coping right now with having let myself get so out of shape. It’s a slow climb back to where I was, but I’m getting there. I’m looking forward to getting back to that point.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty April 7, 2010

ooooh.. that looks soo good!! Maybe I’ll make Quinoa for breaky today!!

My passions – healthy cooking, traveling, blogging, working with kids and special needs adults! ( I love my job!!), right now WEDDING PLANNING! haha… random acts of kindness!!
I’m sure there are many more, but this is what I can think of right now!!

Have a great day!!

Jenn April 7, 2010

I’ve never had quinoa for breakfast.

My passions are being a wife, a mother, religion, traveling, acting, writing, fitness, food.

Meg April 7, 2010

The quinoa looks delicious – I never thought of just having it straight up with maple syrup…usually I’ll heat it up with some almond milk or something.
My passsions in life:
– spending time with family
– cooking
– fitness
– blogging
– learning
– food
– volunteering

Tulamaija April 7, 2010

Hey Angela,
Congrats. I am very excited. You might need to hire some help soon…Would that be good news or bad news for you? I look forward to having the bars make their way out to Edmonton. My kids adore the Adore bars!

As for the two posts a day. Stick with what works for you. If one is what you like stick with it. Honestly, I have dropped reading a few blogs because there are too many short posts that in all truthfulness don’t actual tackle a real subject. They just give some lip service and then a few funny pictures. I love you posts since they have some depth to them. However, I am sure you will keep making it work whatever you decide.

Maija

Sarah April 7, 2010

That’s a fabulous quote! My passions are:
– writing
– watching films
– knitting
– reading
– learning about myself
– blogging
– learning
– physics (I’m a nerd like that)
– exercising.

I like this exercise – I’ve just realised that I’m not doing most of the things I enjoy doing the most! Gotta sort that out.

Cynthia (It All Changes) April 7, 2010

My passions are:

– writing
– cooking
– running
– spending time with Hunni
– Children

I love writing my blog even if it takes me a while and I don’t think I’m that good at it. I like cooking new stuff all the time and experiment with interesting things all the time and I love blogs for this. I’m getting better at running even if I’ll never be fast. Hunni and I try to plan fun trips for just us even if it is just local since he is my Best Friend. And we are praying really hard as to when to start the adoption process for our own children. Until then we work and enjoy our children in church.

Teri [a foodie stays fit] April 7, 2010

I just installed the same type of plugin for my blog and I’m so excited about it! :)

My passions:
-Travelling
-Baking
-Writing
-Fitness
-Family

Carly @ The Road To Health April 7, 2010

Cool idea to set up the follow up comments notification!
My Passions:

– Food
– Family
= My other half Josh
– Cooking
– Reading
– Writing
– Nature

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear April 7, 2010

My passions definitely are: travelling, eating and discovering new foods, reading, working (especially what I do now!), yoga my dear friends and family.